Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,101 to 1,150 of 14,076 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
Fairly menacing. I wonder if it holds treasure or terrors?

David shakes his head slowly.

"I don't know - but I figure that if we go over there and poke around we might find some loot. But a pox on that!"

"If we try to pinch any loot over there and we're just likely to drag whatever bad news that thing holds back on board..."

He looks up at the quarterdeck and quickly makes a warding sign to protect from dark spirits that he learned from a Sylvan oracle from the far north.

"Ware the helm!" he calls out in a loud voice.

"There's nothing up there - she's either being conned by some dark spirits, or the whole thing is a poxing illusion," he growls, then turns to the others.

"Oye! Is it possible that this is an illusion?" he asks the others.

Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
How many books do you read, Hawkins? You should take up proper wizardry. You might even make a passable Eldritch Knight.

He glances at Adriel.

"Nah - I don't got the brains for that. Most of my learning's just through travel," he says with a shake of his head.

"Wish I did, though... I might be a little more useful then I have been," he says thoughtfully.

He looks at the elf thoughtfully.

"Hell, I'm just the guy who's there to back up the other guys," he adds with a grin.

"But you never know - maybe I should look into it," he says giving Adriel a friendly nod.


M Gnome Expert/bard

"Drop sails to a quarter, prepare to come about." The captain orders, he paces the ship's aft and he is speaking to Henk in a lower voice.

Henk begins to walk down the stairs, "Adri'l...Song Bird you've with me prepare t' board." He spits. "Darius you lead Bri, Sath, and Sawbones in a second team." He sneers, "Light gear, we move quick t' see if there's are any souls on board. We 'elp who we can." he eyes Sawbones and Sath.

Astri:

the only thing you know about the Sea Bear is it was it's latest captain was an old sea trader by the name of Mortimer Cray, who knew is experienced and knowledgeable of Cheliax region and he was known to trade in the Razor.

Fierce-some totems can have religious purposes in many cultures, especially older one and with some primitive natives. They are also used to scare away unwanted threats and it could be a figure head of sort to keep pirates away. At least from this distance and without the ability to really study the totem features.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Henk stomps off to his cabin to presumable grab some gear.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"Light gear, we move quick t' see if there's are any souls on board. We 'elp who we can." he eyes Sawbones and Sath.

Gods damn it!

First we bring a bloody plauge on board and now we'll be picking up a poxing Jonah!

David stifles a curse at the captain's words.

”Aye, sir,” he says with a tight voice.

He glances at Darius.

”Well, chief, what’re your orders?” he asks Darius as he starts to tighten the straps to his armor, a frown on his face as he waits to see what happens next.


M Gnome Expert/bard

Let's circle her once a come about on her starboard side. Get two boarding planks ready." He looks up at his sails.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
Let's circle her once a come about on her starboard side. Get two boarding planks ready." He looks up at his sails.

David wipes his hand over his face as if he's trying to rub off the tension from this plan.

Saying nothing he moves to the side of the ship and hauls some planks to the side and gets them ready.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hawkins:

Astrianna paces the deck as he speaks, giving a small chuckle. "This is the Hawkins I liked. Where did you go?"

She gives a dismissive gesture. [/b]Don't answer that. You're right, I don't let people push me around. Which makes some of them not particularly fond of me. I believe I just need to be more subtle about it..."[/b]

Sighing, she nods and beings to walk off. "I'm still mad at you, but we're good, for now. When you buy me that drink, I want something really exotic."

Astrianna peers intently at the ship, the word "Seabear" repeated on her lips several times. Suddenly she remembers where she has heard the name before, snapping her fingers and smiling.

The bard turns to Hawkins and Sath. "This was the ship of Mortimer Cray. He used to trade in the Cheliax region and brought goods to and from the Razor. Didn't know what that used to mean, really... but now... Think of what treasures could be inside that hold! I wonder if the Captain knew him."

She glances back at the totems of the ship. "As for those totems... probably just a pirate deterrent. I'd like to get a closer look at it though."

As Henk walks down the stairs, the bard nods. "Aye sir!"

Astrianna jogs excitedly to the crew quarters, putting on her studded leather armor and cloak. She grabs her haversack and walks outside, pulling her sword from its extradimensional space.

While belting her sword on and stringing her bow, she attempts to catch the Captain's attention when they swing about. "Captain? Are you familiar with a Mortimer Cray? I believe he captained this ship."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Aye captain.

Adriel was already in his Leather Lamellar and had his sword, but ducked away to get the rest of his weapons, Prepare for anything. Watch Henk. He doesn't like you.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
She glances back at the totems of the ship. "As for those totems... probably just a pirate deterrent. I'd like to get a closer look at it though."

He studies the ship.

"Yeah - but watch your step... there may be traps..." he says, then glances at Astrianna.

"We'll be ready to board hard after you if you're in trouble; just give a holler if you need us," he calls after them.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
”Well, chief, what’re your orders?” he asks Darius as he starts to tighten the straps to his armor, a frown on his face as he waits to see what happens next.

Darius looks to the three he will be leading aboard, and says, "Gather your gear, nothing that will hinder your speed. I'll take point, then Sath, Bri, and Hawk, you bring up the rear."

As he moves to get his gear, he pauses next to Embriana long enough to say, "Hopefully missing out on drills won't be too much of an issue for you."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel catches this comment as he comes back with his bow.
You're assuming I will leave anything for you to kill. Best part of scouting is getting a head start on the action.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius laughs. "You assume I want to fight. By all means, have all the fun you want on that thing," nodding toward the derelict ship.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain doesn't acknowledge Astri's question rather he maintains his focus on the Sea Bear, the sea, and the Mother's Blessing. He orders the First Mate to get a third crew ready for repulsing boarders. This order is promptly complied with. The remaining crew is busy working the rigging, sails, and controlling the ship as she drops sails in preparation for boarding.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Alright ye seadogs my team on me we head and search from middeck to foredeck...Darius take your team middeck to aft." With that Henk armed with a pick leads the way across.

First Map of Sea Bear

If you see a crate, barrel, or other debris on the main deck that is a hazardous terrain.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Move it!"


Evil GM

The long, even-timbered deck of the Seabear shows signs of weather damage. Rising from the center of the deck of the ship is a towering dark koa wood mast. Adorned with fearsome visages and fanged animalistic faces, the dark eyes seem to pierce right through the darkness of the sea around you. The faces leer horribly; the sculptor responsible for their expression no doubt channeled a lifetime of spite and cold fury into
their rendering.

This is a fat cog that measures 105 by 45ft.

The sea fog that the ship emerged from is being to roll over the deck the Mother's Blessing and is rolling towards the Sea Bear.

The fog:
obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Evil GM

Darius, Sath, Bri and Dirk only make a perception check

Main Deck Map

Adriel where is your familiar on your shoulder or flying. If he is flying how high is he.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Bri gets what little gear she has and then casts Mage Armor upon herself before boarding the creepy ass ship. I don't really care what loot might be on this ship. It is seriously creepy as f!~! and I really don't want to have to get on it. Sadly I also don't want whipped or anything for refusing to follow the captain's orders. Dammit.

Glancing about nervously, Bri will follow her group onto the boat, looking out for anything creepy and Detecting Magic at will.


Evil GM

DM Rolls, Tracker:

RC Initiative

Sath: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Dirk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Astrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Darius: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Embrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Adriel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Henk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
E1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
E2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
E3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Sath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Dirk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Astrianna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Darius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Embrianna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Adriel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
thrasher: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Henk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Main Deck Activity Initiative Order:

Group 1: Team Henk

Henk
Astri
Adriel

Group 2: Team Darius

Darius
Sath
Bri
Sawbones

Since the two teams are splitting up and heading in separate directions post according to your team. Place which team group in the upper left corner if you can remember that will be easier for me to track. Consider yourself in initiative as soon as you line up to cross the plank to the other ship.


Evil GM

As soon as Team 2 begins to cross the boarding plank the fog overtakes the Mother's Blessing.

Bri's perception check:

You see the sea is choppy between the two ships. there is no mistaking the sight of 6 fins (three sharks) that between the ships.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Rising from the center of the deck of the ship is a towering dark koa wood mast. Adorned with fearsome visages and fanged animalistic faces, the dark eyes seem to pierce right through the darkness of the sea around you. The faces leer horribly; the sculptor responsible for their expression no doubt channeled a lifetime of spite and cold fury into their rendering.

If David gets a chance he wants to study this thing; specifically noting what types of skulls/faces we’re looking at (for example; are they orc, goblin, human, elf or (based on the picture) sahuagin). He doesn’t know, but he’s sure curious. But that's only if he gets a chance to - he's not going out of his way to do that until the ship is formally "Cleared".

As the group advances onto the ship, David glances down at the water where Embrianna had indicated.

GM: Based on the distance between dorsal fin and tail fin how large are these sharks? Are we talking Dire Sharks here, or something nasty like a bloody Megaladon?

He sees the company advancing slowly and pulls out his weapons.

GM: I'm assuming that when you talk about the fog if there is a 5 foot gap between us we can still see each other? If so then David will say the following. If we can't see each other with only a 5 foot gap between us, then David will not say the following:

When he hears Darius's orders to move in single file he shakes his head.

”Keep a two-by-two cover formation,” he says softly as they begin to board the other ship.

He turns to Embrianna and continues to speak softly as they board.

”Keep five feet between us and five feet between them – not right after each other. Some kind of trap does happen, the splash radius could pinch all of us if we’re too bunched up.”

David will move to walk parallel to Embrianna, but he will walk with 5 feet between them. He is also going to walk 5 feet behind Sath, with Darius 5 feet in front of Embrianna, to offer their caster some protection (assuming the others agree - he's not ordering anyone, just giving suggestions). However, given the fog, the slightly spread out company will also be less surprised from an ambush as it can see farther distances, and of course – moving a five foot step shouldn’t be a trick if one of us does get attacked.

That said, David will make a Perception Check as he walks.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

GM – please remember; the Uncanny Dodge thing means he won’t be caught flat-footed; even from unseen enemies.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel stares at the wreck as the order to move aboard is given, his ever present familiar Thrasher, in his customary position has his talons dug firmly into his pauldron. Quiet friend, stay close.

The magus moves forward with his scimitar in hand and his wand of SHIELD firmly set in it's Quickdraw Sheath.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Thrasher Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

When the fog suddenly appears from nowhere he pulls his wand and casts SHIELD.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Group 2

"Guys, be really careful going across the planks, there are a few big sharks below us."

Bri will nod at Dirk's instructions and tried to maintain a bit of distance between herself and the others in the group as much as the ship's terrain will allow.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

TEAM 2

Darius makes his way on board the Sea Bear, scanning his eyes over the deck before the fog rolls upon them.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:

TEAM 2

Darius makes his way on board the Sea Bear, scanning his eyes over the deck before the fog rolls upon them.

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 9

David glances to the pointman -

"Oye - you want a light on you to help you see a little?" he says to Darius softly.

David is prepared to cast "Light" on whoever might need it on the front.

As soon as TEAM AWESOME! (sometimes referred to as "Team 2") are safely on the deck David will pause them a moment.

"Hang on - I want to do a quick scan for magic..."

He casts Detect Magic. If there's any aura's - let me know and I'll try to read them.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

My glaive emits a red light. Eerie


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Reminder that Bri has Dark Vision if it matters.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Embrianna wrote:
Reminder that Bri has Dark Vision if it matters.

True indeed! But my thought with the Light spell was that if one of us gets separated from the others, (like a front-line fighter type) and they fall down a hole, or is grabbed and pulled away, or falls unconscious and is bleeding out - if they were "lit up" then we'd be more likely to see where they were via the Light glowing from that person rather than having to look for them.

Unfortunately I can only cast Light on one thing at a time, the second I cast it again, the first one disappears.

Given that the enemy may know where we were, I'd have both front-line fighters/heavy hitters lit up with light only because I'm betting the fog is magical/bad news and I'm betting if it just rolled up then the "enemy" knows we're here - and I'm betting that with all Henk's stomping around we're not very stealthy - and I'm figuring that if our pointmen were lit up then it probably won't matter too much; except if they drop then the Healers should be able to find them easier given the denseness of the fog. But that's all just a hunch at this point...


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
My glaive emits a red light. Eerie

As David casts "Detect Magic" he notices magic right away!

Hmm... Unless I'm wrong then it seems that Darius's eerily red-glowing glaive may be magical...

He nods sagely at that observation, then waits for any other information.

Since a magical source will glow - I'm hoping/assuming that we can see it's "glow" of magic through the fog, as if the item in question was "lit up"? But that's just another hunch, too; and it assumes there's any magical stuff on the ship...


Evil GM

David your perception only reveals the sea is getting rough between the ships. You think maybe you see a fin but you're not certain.

If anyone wants to stop and study the totem when you beginning crossing you can but that will be your standard action. If you stop on the plank everyone behind you stops, unless a person squeezes through the square.

Regarding the 5 ft fog you can see in a 5 ft radius once you are in the sea fog. Right now for this round the sea fog is covering the Mother's Blessing it is not covering the boarding plank or the Sea Bear - yet. I will advise if, and when, that occurs. If you leave 5 feet between people when walking you will not see them when you are in the fog.

Team 2: You are on a boarding plank it's narrow there is no walking next to another person unless you want to be in the water.

Does anyone else have uncanny dodge? If so, tell me.

Let's stay in character and not reveal your guesses in ooc comments. Let the suspense build. Nobody has ever encountered anything like this...it's eerie...and nobody has a former running mate that told you you a story that you now recall and share with others.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1

Unsurprised by the Captain's preoccupation with the situation, she saves her question for later.

Astrianna glances below their boarding plank, brows furrowing at the Embrianna's mention of sharks. "I hope they don't consider this ship some kind of gourmet eatery..." The bard briefly considers summoning a dolphin in an attempt to scare them away, but decides she has no intention of falling into the water and therefore will not waste the time.

As they move onto the ship and the fog surrounds them, she again feels uneasy. Astrianna puts her currently useless bow around her shoulders and slides her sword from its sheath slowly, glancing about.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Henk. I will create some maneuverable lights when we go below deck, and I'm prepared to summon small animals to move ahead of us to check for ambushes and traps. Unless you want to go first, that is." She doubts the two serious men with her will appreciate the jest, but tries nonetheless.


Henk and the First Mate yell at anyone trying to leave gaps in the formation. "git yer sorry liverpuss arses over there Hacksaw."


Evil GM

Team 2:

Darius and Sath manages to jump safely onto the deck. As Darius jumps onto the deck he catches a good look a the two large sharks, they look about 10 feet long.

There is now 5 feet separating Bri and Dirk as he permitted a gap to open up. The plank itself begins to rock and roll.

I need reflex saves from bri and dirk.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel continues to look like a dinosaur wearing badass


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Oh dear me.
Possible useful things for GM to know if I fall into a choppy sea:
My sleep hex works on sharks.
Ocean's Daughter:
The changeling gains a +1 trait bonus on Swim checks. She automatically succeeds at Swim checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from swimming.
Water Lung (Su):
An air-breathing target can breathe water or an aquatic target can breathe air. This lasts 1 minute. If the witch uses this hex on herself, she can maintain it while she sleeps, allowing her to safely sleep underwater.

Swim check if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Evil GM

Group 1: Team Henk

Henk
Astri
Adriel

RD 1:

Everyone safely moves on to the Sea Bear that is your move action.

Henk moves forward across the ship mindful that the ship is beginning to rock with the sea. he stops near the totem and states at it for the rest of his action.

Adriel - casts shield. he notices Henk stops and looks at the unusual mast. It clear that he ship has weathered at least one storm.

Astri spend time placing her bow around her shoulder then draws her sword.

thasher and Astri perception:
You can see there are stains on the decking mostly old but some that is still has some red hue to it. There are some broken crates and barrels on the deck. there are two light ballista near the bow and strange looking iron thing at the rear of the ship.

It looks like the mast was replaced with the totem. The totem has various animalistic features with fangs, tongues, and piercing eyes. You can see splinters on the decking which suggests that the mast must have cracked in a bad storm.

You need to spend time (actions) focusing/studying for anymore information about the totem.


Evil GM

Group 2: Team Darius

Darius
Sath
Bri
Sawbones

Everyone is at some stage of crossing the boarding plank this is your move action. Darius and Sath successful cross. Bri is concerned about the sharks and looses her balance.

Bri - Make a strength check.

Sath - make a strength check to see if you can grab Bri as she begins to fall.

dirk - if you successfully make your reflex save then you can make a strength check to try to grab Bri. if you do not make your reflex save they you need to make your own strength check to see if you can grab on the plank.

Darius your focus is now on the some swearing that occurs form Bri's mouth you turn but she is out of reach as she loses her balance.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

str check: 1d20 ⇒ 10


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 2, Round 2

Astrianna has to stifle a chuckle- she's secretly glad someone else yelled at Hawkins for his diddling about.

Astrianna looks over the deck, frowning. "This deck is stained red... either from blood or a poor choice of varnish." She glances through the fog, half-elf eyes briefly making out forms in the fog. "There are two ballista on the bow... what the abyss is that near the aft? Some iron thing? Do you see that Adriel?"

Walking up to the totem-mast behind Henk, she stares at the carvings, curious and impressed by the ire channeled into it. "What do you make of this Henk? Very tribal, animalistic... was cracked in a storm, looking at these splinters."

She is aware of some swearing in a female voice and subsequent shuffling, but a glance backwards reveals nothing to her but Adriel and fog.

Standard Action: Study totem If I can use my knowledge: Religion roll from before it was 26, if not Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Move Action: Follow Henk if he continues on.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

GM – I didn’t plan on separating us into a square formation until after we got onto the other ship. Also, I assumed we were on the other ship when – after we got onto it – I asked the others on the ship if they wanted a Light Spell cast on them (no answer yet) and then stated when I got onto the other ship I wanted to cast “Detect Magic” and check things out. The point is, I thought we were already on the other ship.

Also, I do have Uncanny Dodge; I mentioned that earlier but it is also on my profile at the top.

As David moves across he notices that the plank is somehow moving.

Damnation!

He does what he can to maintain his balance.

Reflex Save:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Then he notices Embrianna start to fall and quickly tries to grab her!

Strength Check to grab Embrianna if she falls; or to catch myself if the Reflex Check Fails –
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath prepares for the boarding party, donning her armor and strapping on her scimitar and taking out her darkwood spear from her enchanted haversack- she thanks the sea that she had chosen wisely her spells for the day- 0 level orisons- Detect Magic / Guidance / Mending / Purify Food and Drink
1st level- Cure Light Wounds / Produce Flame / Remove Sickness / Stone Fist
2nd level- Animal Aspect / Bear's Endurance / Frigid Touch

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Sath is carful in crossing over to the Seabear, keeping her grip on her spear so that it will be ready for her use.

While at sea, Sath is +4 Init

Seeing Embri start to fall, Sath reaches out to try and catch her...

Str Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Evil GM

Dirk when you get to the other ship, I understand you shifting your positioning. I'll make that adjustment at that time.

Dirk I know, and thank you for telling me, that you have uncanny dodge that is why I asked anyone else had uncanny dodge.

dirk you are not on the other ship yet which is why I have not revealed detect magic information.

Sath I'll update your initiative with the +4.

I'm slowing the steps down considerably since there is a lot happening and one team may not know what is happening with the other team.

As Bri begins to loose her balance he flails around frantically her arms circling like a windmill. Sath and Dirk are both quick to react and they successfully grab Bri and hold her steady.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Damnit!

"Embrianna!" Darius calls out and moves back to the end of the plank. Seeing Sath and Hawk catch her arms, he calls out, "Steady her! Everybody get across now!"

Darius kneels down and puts most of his weight onto the plank, trying to hold it steady for the remainder of his boarding team.


Evil GM

End of RD 1: summary

Team one:

Henk
Astri
Adriel

Everyone safely moves on to the Sea Bear that is your move action.

Henk moves forward across the ship mindful that the ship is beginning to rock with the sea. he stops near the totem and states at it for the rest of his action.

Adriel - casts shield. he notices Henk stops and looks at the unusual mast. It clear that he ship has weathered at least one storm.

Astri spend time placing her bow around her shoulder then draws her sword.

Team Two

Darius
Sath
Bri
Sawbones

Everyone is at some stage of crossing the boarding plank this is your move action. Darius and Sath successful cross.

Bri is concerned about the sharks and looses her balance. She begins to fall and uses her standard action to get herself up as she begins to fall.

Darius moves make and braces the plank. Std action

Sath reaches back and grabs Bri to help keep her form falling standard action.

Dirk steadies himself and move forward to grab Bri to keep her from falling. That is his standard action.

Here is the map at the end of RD 1:

End of Rd 1

Bri and Dirk are still on the boarding plank.


Evil GM

The sea fog has totally engulfed the Mother's blessing and is breaching the gap between ships. It is now 10 feet away from Dirk's back side.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David's reaction for the beginning of Round 2 is to move to use his Move Action to move A:4 and then hold action at that time until the rest of his company moves onto the ship. His weapons are currently out and ready.

Are we in combat now, or just moving Round by Round actions for clarity?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Team Two

Bri continues holding the hands of both Sath and Dirk as she crosses the plank to the ship. "Thanks for the help both of you. Let's just continue to hold hands until we are all aboard the Sea Bear if you two don't mind. Certainly not the first time I've been in the middle before..."

Bri will carefully look about herself with detect magic once she is aboard the Sea Bear before she decides in what direction to go.


Evil GM

Team one:

Henk

Astri - stops to study the totem. (I'll use your second roll since you are closer.) I will reveal your results under a separate spoiler.

Adriel

What are you doing?

-----------
Team Two

Darius
Sath
Bri
Sawbones

What are you doing? Bri and Dirk are still on the boarding plank.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Look up. Posted right before you did. :)


Evil GM

No combat -yet - but RD for RD for clarity and sequencing. The way this lays out it is easier for tracking and playout rather than having one or two PC's several moves ahead of others.

1,101 to 1,150 of 14,076 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.