The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Game Master Tyranius

The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge is a place where agents hang out and await their next mission. We're a lodge for PF1 adventures. Please check out our sister lodges, linked below, for Starfinder, ACG and PF2!

PbP Special Events and ConventionsAnnouncing PBP Gameday VIIIPlay-by-Post Gameday VIII signupsGM Mentor Lounge

Castamir's Flaxseed Station (Starfinder Society)Flaxseed on Deck (ACG)Cottonseed (Playtest & PF2)

Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide | Getting ready for PFS PbP | Kit for New PbP GMs

NEED TO FIND THE ONLINE SUPPORT PROGRAM?
https://onlinesupportprogram.com/


3,851 to 3,900 of 6,396 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

So, we will need another player at GM Repete’s 3-4 table, too.

What was the thing about Paizo Con?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Silbeg wrote:

So, we will need another player at GM Repete’s 3-4 table, too.

What was the thing about Paizo Con?

Looks like we're set.


What levels are they for?


The Paizocon thing was no gms going to Paizocon as the tables would probably grind to a halt at that point. Which is not good in a timed special. Players are ok as playing involves less commitment than running and most can keep a commitment to one game over a con weekend. More than that is a little problematic at least to me


^ I believe it was also strongly preferred that players not sign up to play in Session #2 if they were going to be attending PaizoCon but I'm happy to relax that restriction for my Session 2 table :)

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I don't recall that... of course, i may not have been going when I signed up?


It could be, but I didn't really think that Granta's previous post made much sense if he meant that I could somehow waive the PaizoCon restriction in regards to myself - especially since I had no plans to attend in the first place. But either way, looks like the table is legal now (with one more open spot) so we should be good :)


Don't worry if you're attending PaizoCon and playing in the second session. We're all good! I'm not worried about players as much as GMs.

The Exchange

What's this? GM Upaynao is recruiting? Two slots for high tier Faithless and Forgotten, Part 2: Lost Colony of Taldor? Well then.

Sign in here if you wish to be considered!

Silver Crusade

GM Upaynao wrote:

What's this? GM Upaynao is recruiting? Two slots for high tier Faithless and Forgotten, Part 2: Lost Colony of Taldor? Well then.

Sign in here if you wish to be considered!

Kinda interested, but the party seems to have no shortage of face-beaters, and that's who I have available in-subtier right now. When are you planning to start? If you're doing so after this Solstice Scar wraps up, I could bring in my bard.

Dark Archive

First level dwarven sorcerer (undead bloodline) looking for work.

Scarab Sages

Rumple Dergskin wrote:
First level dwarven sorcerer (undead bloodline) looking for work.

Since you're still 1st-level, you're still free to screw around with alternate racial features - since I notice you've got all the standard ones, have you tried exploring your alternatives? I can see a few that might work much better for your character there. I could make suggestions, but only if you wanted me to.


Hello, I am offering a REPEATABLE EVERGREEN game:

Module 'Master of the Fallen Fortress' (Tier 1)

Only three players will be accepted. Apply here.

This is for level 1 characters only.

Dark Archive

@Hiding, Wow, never saw that page before. Lots of info there. What would you suggest?

(side note... I really wanted vampiric bloodline, but PCGen didn't list it.. and I don't know if it is pfs legal).


Rumple Dergskin wrote:

@Hiding, Wow, never saw that page before. Lots of info there. What would you suggest?

(side note... I really wanted vampiric bloodline, but PCGen didn't list it.. and I don't know if it is pfs legal).

Are you talking about this Bloodline?

If so, that would be a 3rd party item and not allowable in PFS. Home games or non-PFS it would then be up to the GM. (I could be wrong about all this though, I've never dealt with any 3rd party stuff)

Silver Crusade

I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
Rumple Dergskin wrote:
First level dwarven sorcerer (undead bloodline) looking for work.
Since you're still 1st-level, you're still free to screw around with alternate racial features - since I notice you've got all the standard ones, have you tried exploring your alternatives? I can see a few that might work much better for your character there. I could make suggestions, but only if you wanted me to.

This discussion should probably move out of the recruitment thread.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Maps Subscriber

A SPECIAL RECRUITMENT

Hey all —

Granta is looking to step down from the Overseer seat once the second session of Solstice B concludes. As a result, I am looking for another person who would want to be Overseer, and who might want to shadow Granta now.

The Overseer needs to be organized, responsive, and in possession of good communication skills. They have to be willing to post across multiple threads and three (possibly four) different forums.

GM Granta wrote:

Organizational skills are by far the most important. It's also vital that you be comfortable saying no to people. Everybody and their mother and their grandmother is going to be asking for special treatment. Just say no. Your sanity will thank you for it.

Edit: Potentially four forums. The French lodge was told that they could have a table in future specials as long as their GM was fluent enough in English to communicate with the overseer and one of the backups was able to post on their site. The latter requirement also applies to RPGgeek and Myth-Weavers.

Do you see yourself as a potential overseer for Assault on Absalom or Solstice C?

Send me a Private Message, telling me what you have to offer.

I hope to hear from many of you!

Thanks,
Hmm

Grand Lodge

GM Upaynao wrote:

What's this? GM Upaynao is recruiting? Two slots for high tier Faithless and Forgotten, Part 2: Lost Colony of Taldor? Well then.

Sign in here if you wish to be considered!

I signed up to be considered. (Last night, actually.)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So I am feeling equal measures of insane and ambitious and am thinking I am probably going to try my hand at running a 64 page module play by post now that my Crypt of the Everflame/Masks of the Living God Duology has let out.

I am considering running any of the following in CORE or CLASSIC (though my enthusiasm for CORE has waned significantly since the 2e announcement) and am just checking to see where the most interest would be:

Ire of the Storm
Dragon's Demand
Plunder and Peril
Ruby Phoenix Tournament
(not technically a 64 page module but) Echoes of the Everwar Pts 1-4.

This is maybe a more appropriate discussion for the Discussion Tab? But yeah since I am going to be purchasing whichever module I figure putting it to a vote before I spent any cash would be wise. Since these are longer term commitments I would also probably be playing matchmaker with the party for these.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Skull and Shackles, the Adventure Path?

Scarab Sages

Good Catch! Plunder and Peril, its got Pirates and Alliteration, that makes it the same right?


I would be interested in playing any of those but (due to having already played them) Ire of the Storm or Echoes of the Everwar.

Liberty's Edge

plunder and peril. I'm VERY interested and have multiple PCs


Who doesn't like pie-rats? Arrrrggh!


I would be interested in whatever you were offering! I have a personal preference toward one of the Lower Level Modules. Maybe Plunder and Peril or Ire of the Storm?

Grand Lodge

Of those, I'd be most interested in classic Plunder and Peril...but would also be interested in Dragon's Demand and Ire of the Storm...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Ire of the Storm or Plunder and Peril.


CariMac wrote:
Ire of the Storm or Plunder and Peril.

I would like that as well! ;-)

Thanks for the opportunity.


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

I have an elf from the Concordance who'd LOVE to play in Ire of the Storm!


GM Nowruz wrote:

Hello, I am offering a REPEATABLE EVERGREEN game:

Module 'Master of the Fallen Fortress' (Tier 1)

Only three players will be accepted. Apply here.

This is for level 1 characters only.

I am opening a second or even third table as there are so many applications. I believe that this module is best played with four players. Apply with the link above.

Shadow Lodge

I'd love to jump in Ire of the Storm, but my bandwidth is full up at the moment. :(

Sovereign Court

Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
I'd love to jump in Ire of the Storm, but my bandwidth is full up at the moment. :(

Siiiiigggghhhh, I am in the same boat. Womp Womp Womp!


GM Nowruz wrote:
GM Nowruz wrote:

Hello, I am offering a REPEATABLE EVERGREEN game:

Module 'Master of the Fallen Fortress' (Tier 1)

Only three players will be accepted. Apply here.

This is for level 1 characters only.

I am opening a second or even third table as there are so many applications. I believe that this module is best played with four players. Apply with the link above.

Nowruz, you may want to wait on opening your 2nd and 3rd tables until you have had your other tables running for a few weeks. All of us have had burnout issues when we run too many tables at once, though each GM’s personal bandwidth is different.

I usually advise new GMs to just run one or two tables their first time out, but of course I am speaking as a low bandwidth GM!

Here’s hoping all your tables run great.

Hmm

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
GM Hmm wrote:
GM Nowruz wrote:
GM Nowruz wrote:

Hello, I am offering a REPEATABLE EVERGREEN game:

Module 'Master of the Fallen Fortress' (Tier 1)

Only three players will be accepted. Apply here.

This is for level 1 characters only.

I am opening a second or even third table as there are so many applications. I believe that this module is best played with four players. Apply with the link above.

Nowruz, you may want to wait on opening your 2nd and 3rd tables until you have had your other tables running for a few weeks. All of us have had burnout issues when we run too many tables at once, though each GM’s personal bandwidth is different.

I usually advise new GMs to just run one or two tables their first time out, but of course I am speaking as a low bandwidth GM!

Here’s hoping all your tables run great.

Hmm

As a higher bandwidth GM, I second Hmm's suggestion here. I do better with more than one table at a time, so I understand others wanting to run more than one, but I do suggest that new GMs who want to run multiple tables stick with two or three for a while, and then gradually ramp up. The only way to know our maximum is to take on more than that. Discovering that you took one table too many is a far better experience than discovering you took on three too many!

I also wish you happy gaming.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Redelia wrote:


As a higher bandwidth GM, I second Hmm's suggestion here. I do better with more than one table at a time, so I understand others wanting to run more than one, but I do suggest that new GMs who want to run multiple tables stick with two or three for a while, and then gradually ramp up. The only way to know our maximum is to take on more than that. Discovering that you took one table too many is a far better experience than discovering you took on three too many!

I also wish you happy gaming.

And don't forget, GM burnout usually is followed by player burnout. Once the game starts to drag on for a while it can get quite difficult to feel like making quality posts as a player.

I'm really trying to get back into the GM pool but I keep accidentally signing up as a player. I swear I'll end my GM hiatus soon! Maybe after one of my current games ends...

Grand Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Your GM style also affects your available bandwidth. If your style is Monster --> Initiative --> Combat --> Loot, then you can take on a lot of tables at once.

As a courtesy to potential players, some of whom might be seeking a role-playing opportunity, just let them know up front that you're a minimalist seeking like-minded players.

If you're a GM who relishes role-playing, then I urge you to limit the number of tables you run simultaneously. Otherwise, too many of your posts will be apologies for being too busy to do the table(s) justice.

Just passing along a lesson learned the hard way.

Scarab Sages

Yeah that's the reason I am really waiting for my Crypt and Beacon Below tables that I rescued to be done before starting my new project (just as a heads up to people who might have been expecting me to make my decision/start recruiting in the very near future).

At the very least I want to make sure I am starting new tables with some fresh bandwidth - I was just running 4 at one time and it fried me a bit.


It is time to start another game! In my quest to run all the scenarios I have played I have decided I will run a season 0 scenario for at most 5 players.

Sign up form can be found here. You can sign up for any of the offered scenarios, after which I will pick the one that the most people want and run that.

The players will be chosen at random at an arbitrary point on or after Monday April 2nd. We will start shortly after, so only sign up if your character is in tier and available. I aim for at least one post each working day and expect the same from my players.

I reserve the right to give seats to certain players without randomizing. At least 2 of the available seats go to random players.


Side note - I saw Fingerprints of the Fiend is on that list. Any chance you'd consider running that as a trilogy at some point soon?


Shifty wrote:
Side note - I saw Fingerprints of the Fiend is on that list. Any chance you'd consider running that as a trilogy at some point soon?

Sure thing. I will start that in a few weeks once your character is available.

I have removed Fingerprints from the form, I will start recruitment for that once Shifty's character is available.

The Exchange

Arnold Perlstein wrote:
GM Upaynao wrote:

What's this? GM Upaynao is recruiting? Two slots for high tier Faithless and Forgotten, Part 2: Lost Colony of Taldor? Well then.

Sign in here if you wish to be considered!

Kinda interested, but the party seems to have no shortage of face-beaters, and that's who I have available in-subtier right now. When are you planning to start? If you're doing so after this Solstice Scar wraps up, I could bring in my bard.

Unfortunately, I am planning to get this going now. If it is of any consolation, part 3 will probably have an open seat!

EbonFist and GM Andrew, thank you for reading my profile before signing up! You are in! Sign in at your convinience


Redelia wrote:
GM Hmm wrote:


Nowruz, you may want to wait on opening your 2nd and 3rd tables until you have had your other tables running for a few weeks. All of us have had burnout issues when we run too many tables at once, though each GM’s personal bandwidth is different.

I usually advise new GMs to just run one or two tables their first time out, but of course I am speaking as a low bandwidth GM!

Here’s hoping all your tables run great.

Hmm

As a higher bandwidth GM, I second Hmm's suggestion here. I do better with more than one table at a time, so I understand others wanting to run more than one, but I do suggest that new GMs who want to run multiple tables stick with two or three for a while, and then gradually ramp up. The only way to know our maximum is to take on more than that. Discovering that you took one table too many is a far better experience than discovering you took on three too many!

I also wish you happy gaming.

Thank you very much for your advice! I really appreciate your support.

I am a freelancer and am coming from a phase where I had a lot of work. I am really happy that at the moment I can enjoy more freedom. ;-) I just started PbP with Outpost so also a big thank you to all of you for organizing the events!

PbB is fun at the moment so I am investing a little of my current freedom into this community and please take a look at my tables and send me a PM with suggestions if you find the time. :-D

'Delirium’s Tangle'

'Library of The Lion'

'The Wounded Wisp'

I have to say that I am pretty impressed how well this community is looking after each other!!

Thanks a lot!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lady L, I'd like to join whatever game you start

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cross posting here, to reach a wider audience:

I am recruiting for the War for the Crown adventure path here. If and when Paizo sanctions content from this AP, PFS chronicle sheets will be issued.


Hello everyone - at this time I'm jumping into the wonderful world of Core, starting with a gnome cleric which I plan to progress as a cleric the whole way.

Let me know if you're running some low tier Core games!

Scarab Sages

GM Lorenzo wrote:

Your GM style also affects your available bandwidth. If your style is Monster --> Initiative --> Combat --> Loot, then you can take on a lot of tables at once.

As a courtesy to potential players, some of whom might be seeking a role-playing opportunity, just let them know up front that you're a minimalist seeking like-minded players.

If you're a GM who relishes role-playing, then I urge you to limit the number of tables you run simultaneously. Otherwise, too many of your posts will be apologies for being too busy to do the table(s) justice.

Just passing along a lesson learned the hard way.

This is true. And it depends on the module. Master of the Fallen Fortress is for the most part a simple romp. Even my "heavy" RP table was mostly just banter. That isn't to bad to run multiple. Something like "Bid for Alabastrine" I would only one run table at a time, and maybe only one other something on the side.


GMG wrote:

It is time to start another game! In my quest to run all the scenarios I have played I have decided I will run a season 0 scenario for at most 5 players.

Sign up form can be found here. You can sign up for any of the offered scenarios, after which I will pick the one that the most people want and run that.

The players will be chosen at random at an arbitrary point on or after Monday April 2nd. We will start shortly after, so only sign up if your character is in tier and available. I aim for at least one post each working day and expect the same from my players.

I reserve the right to give seats to certain players without randomizing. At least 2 of the available seats go to random players.

The following players got a seat:

314670 GMNowruz
66136 EdBirnbryer
127693 Woodenman
293444 JebBarlo
2072 Qstor

Link to discussion thread. Please sign in within the next two days. Otherwise I will assume you are not interested and will give your seat to the next person on the list. Thanks!


Hello, I'm Dming Dead Suns SFS style, the first book only to be clear and I would like 2 more people if I can get them. We have 2 for sure and 2 maybe's
Link to game

3,851 to 3,900 of 6,396 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / [PFS] The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate! (ongoing PFS recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.