Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


2,001 to 2,050 of 14,076 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel makes no move to show his discomfort at the significant wounds he'd recieved from the totem.
Thank the gods it fell.

He always thanked 'the gods' for he still had yet to pick one.
It couldn't have been worse opponents. My best spell does nothing to undead. only lucky the construct was vulnerable to lightning.

Adriel made a mental note to research something that would be more profound against undead.

He returned Henks clasp on the back, Tonight Quartermaster, I'll finally buy you that drink.

After the Captains message, he returns to his bunk to lay down. He was badly wounded, but at least Rose's Magic had closed his cuts.

When she finally returns, Are you alright? I must confess I was not happy when the Captain put us in Separate groups. The ship had some aura that clouded my mind. I was....paranoid that Darius would betray us, though for some reason, my primary concern was that he would harm you or be unwilling to protect you. Craziness, I know, for you and he are the only two on this ship whom have actually made it into the small circle of what I would call Friends. Truthfully, I think I would have been similalry struck with concern for you reguardless......and, Thankyou for the healing. That fight was a close thing.


Evil GM

Between the maps, scattered writings, the captain's log book, and Thalios you can piece together the following events. The writings including the Captain's Log become more tainted by delusional babble and the talk of mutiny.

The SeaBear Journey:

During the voyage, a sudden storm rose up nearly swallowing the freighter and her crew in a flurry of towering waves. Mortimer’s excellent seamanship alone saved the vessel, but its timbers lay ravaged by the squall. Unable to answer her helm, the Seabear ran ashore several leagues down coast of Port Shaw in a cove the Tulita call
Ho’oka’la, an ancient ceremonial place of holy refuge, where fierce gods, older than any worshipped by their people today, once dwelt.

The refuge was a sacred burial ground and a place of asylum. The old ways dwindled an age ago, and now the refuge is long abandoned. Still the dark idols oversee the ancient burial mounds, their fearsomely carved visages leering out at any who draw near. These gods, forsaken by their people and left to ignominy, roil with a malice no mortal could ever hope to understand.

The Seabear shored at the refuge behind schedule and short on supplies. Captain Mortimer Cray decided there was no time to head inland and find suitable timber for a new main mast to replace the one battered to splinters by the storm. He opted instead to cut down one of the koa wood
idols to serve as the Seabear’s new main mast. Mortimer never cared much for the ridiculous superstitions of the Tulita. This was his only mistake as a sea captain, and his last.

As they put to sea once more, a ferocious menagerie of demonic faces rising from their center deck, the crew grew uneasy. When the morning watch found a host of dead seagulls on deck, it was decided by most of the seamen operating the freighter that the Seabear was cursed. The
vengeful spirits of the Tulita idols worked their dark magic on the mind of Mortimer and his crew. Mistrust, fear and paranoia spread among the men like an illness until finally they turned on one another. No member of the Seabear’s crew survived. Their blood painted the deck red.

The dark idol’s thirst for revenge can never be sated. One horrific death for the defilers was not enough to satisfy its rage. A living part of ship now, the Tulita god sails the sea in search of others to serve as vessels for Mortimer and his crew. Anyone who encounters the ghost ship becomes a plaything for the idol. The evil artifact infests
the newcomers’ bodies with the spirits of Captain Cray and his crew – puppets of flesh and blood to dance at its whim, reenacting the horrible massacre of the Seabear’s occupants once more to the idol’s sick delight.

The last crew to encounter the Seabear was a pirate vessel, named the Kingfisher, captained by an unsavory pirate by the name of Vincent Crane. Shortly after boarding the ghost ship, the Kingfisher’s crew succumbed to the idol’s curse. Imprinted with the personas of Captain Cray and his men, the pirates soon slaughtered one another. The only member of the crew unaffected by the curse was a stubborn-minded sailor named Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai. As paranoia rose while the pirates searched the Seabear for booty, Thalios, though unaffected by the spreading distrust, was beaten unconscious by his mad crewmates, stripped naked and clapped up in the brig of the Seabear. He listened, trussed up in the darkness as his former compatriots slaughtered one another. The ship maintains its dread mission, prowling the waves of the
Razor with a wild hunger for men’s souls.


Evil GM

The wooden box has a simple lock that can be picked, the captain was obviously not concerned about theft on his ship. It contains the payroll and port fees.

1200 GP
3618 SP
11,381 CP

13 pearls worth 50 GP each
7 diamonds worth 75 GP each
1 ruby worth 125 GP


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Before henk walks off to get cleaned up he claps Adriel's shoulder, "Elf were gonna git drunk...proud t'have ya at me side in battle."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri was more than happy to get off of that cursed ship as fast as she could and equally happy that the ship was sinking. "Surely a ship as cursed as that one belongs at the bottom of the sea."

As the rest of the boarding party makes their way back onto the Blessing, Bri touches those who have yet to benefit from her healing hex.

healing hex on Darius: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
healing hex on Sath: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
healing hex on Henk: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

After seeing to that, Bri heads off to get cleaned up. She still swears she can feel little rat paws scrabbling all over her.

She will report on time to hear whatever the Captain has to say, hoping her group gets a nice bonus for going onto that cursed ship.

After the message, she heads back to her bunk to finish tending to herself and to check up on Adriel.

Holding her wand, she replies to Adriel. "I am soon to be better. Though I will likely have some nightmares about being swarmed over by all those rats for a while. That was worse than fighting the zombies.:

"As for the splitting up, I certainly wasn't pleased about that either. Though it seemed as if the ship itself would have split us up regardless. I hope to never set foot on another haunted ship ever again. It seemed like Sath and myself were the only ones not acting strange. After what all my group was dealing with, I wondered how your own group was. I half feared that the ship had already dealt with your group and was just taking its time to play with us. I felt very relieved indeed to see the you, and the others, again."

"You still look rather the worse for wear Adriel. Would you like a little bit more healing?" Bri will dink herself and Adriel with her CLW wand unless he objects.

clw bri: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
clw adriel: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

A freshly scrubbed, shaved, and dressed Thalios makes his way towards Astri. His long hair pulled back and tied in pony tail, he is wearing a linen shirt and trews with a red sash tied around his waist. His lucky coin is hanging around his neck. "Me lady, it is I, Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, at your serves freshly scrubbed and garbed in the the quartermasters finest wears." He smiles and grandiosely bows. 'I thought the grime from that cursed ship would never come off me body."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:


"Would you look at this girl? Always trying to get me into bed..." he says with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Then he peers at the map thoughtfully.

"Are you sure the map is accurate?" he says slowly.

Astrianna doesn't need to study Hawkins to tell something is wrong. Whatever happened on the ship must have jarred him. I'll keep an eye on him to make sure he hasn't gone nuts.

She nods at the maps. "Look accurate to me. Captain Cray may have been paranoid but seems he wanted to find his way around as well as anyone else."

When Thalios approaches the half-elf smiles brightly. "Ahh, there's a fine fellow if I ever saw one. You just need some proper jewelry- I believe some rings, matching earrings, maybe a bangle, and the Son of Mordekai will once again be the scourge of virgin weddings everywhere."

The bard gestures at a table seat. "Take a seat and spin us a tale of how you ended up on the Sea Bear. For record keeping sake, keep the exaggeration at believable levels, hm?" She says with a grin, teasing him.

That should fill in his part of the story from above.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf does not deter Rose from her offer of the wand.
Thankyou dear Rose.....Embrianna. I never asked if you approved of the nickname or not. But short of a better word, that ever present flower in your hair would have to do. Your name does do your beauty justice...Rest assured, my lady, my ever present compliments are not levered in jest. I am honored to call you friend, at least. Brashness aside I would hope my inexhaustable charm and heartfelt loyalty might eventually win you over. But alas so far I am blinded. I mean to search for that fear you spoke of. A dragon I WILL slay, if only to bring us closer.

His grip upon her hand, (when had he taken it?) tightens a moment, fpr he was strongly considering yanking her forward to steal a kiss. Instead he holds it high and bows again.
Darius and the Sawbones have spoken of a venture once we arrive. I had not commmitted yet. If you have agreed and would hold no objection to my presence, I would sign on if only to remain and pursue you.

He takes a long bow, to allow her to respond, then leaves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
After speaking with Rose, Adriel had to wait quite awhile for Astrianna to be alone.
When she finally was he approached and was far more blunt than usual.
Songbird, I am an idiot and owe you an apology.

He only waits a moment for his statement to sink in.

On the boat, I was affected by some kind of paranoia, an unreasonable feeling that both you and Darius were cowards and traitors.

He pauses as though the next words were very difficult.
Obviously that effect has passed. However, I do not come to apologize just for that. My ever present ego has built an uncomfortable distance between us since we met. I confess the fault to be entirely my own. For when I first saw you your beauty marked you as a possible conquest, usually, sadly there are too many women in this who are more than happy to bed a man oof talent, either sword or sorcery. It is even rarer to find one of skill and beauty like yourself. Trust me, my boasting IS well earned as I have never been bested, but I fear I undervalued your talents, which you picked up on, hence the need you proffessed to duel me. I am sorry for my earlier actions. Turst that I WILL continue to expound my skill for in truth the appearance of supreme confidence is as important as the ability to back it up. I WILL however, afford you the respect you and due and not underestimate you again.

He bows and and presents the idols to her.
Might we begin again? Hello, I am Adriel Mistleaf, Blade dancer and deflowerer of virgins everywhere and swordsman without equal. You are Astrianna of Two peoples, blessed of the grace and beauty of the First People and the genius and lust of the Last. Songbird of the waves and Cronicler of as yet untold legends. I am pleased to make your acquaintance and hope you will indulge me with song and dance at some stage so that we may count each other as friend.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath makes sure to thank Bri for the healing before the meeting with the captain starts, she also considers her interactions with both Dirk and Darius aboard the ship-

"Dirk appears to be somewhat recovered now, I hope there are no lasting effects from whatever possession he suffered- I'll ask him how he's doing after the meeting.

"As for Darius- although the paranoia and crazy on the ship was somewhat contagious, its clear that he is going to be sore with me still... but I'm not going to apologize for wanting to kill the ship- as it turns out I was right. Perhaps, however, I should have tried to get to the deck before just opting to burn my way out of the ship. I'll have to consider how I can explain my actions to him."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna had sat down to write of the past week's experiences in her journal when Adriel finds her. The half-elf's pen gracefully dances across the paper in fluid Elven script. She looks up as Adriel approaches, and both of her eyebrows raise in surprise as he proclaims himself an idiot and apologies.

She leans forward and looks about the crew quarters, then reaches out and touches his hip. "All right, you're not an illusion and I haven't fallen asleep yet. I don't think." Did everyone go a little crazy on that ship? Am I crazy too now?

The half elf sets her journal to the side to allow the ink to dry, and crosses her legs at the knee while listening to the entirety of his spiel. A smile slowly creeps across her face, and at the end she laughs merrily, playing along.

Leaning forward, she takes the idols and gives them a quick look-over. "Why it is a pleasure to meet you Adriel Mistleaf. I am Astrianna Sparacello- Actor of much renown, singer of ballads in every beautiful language of the world, titillating dancer, fiddler with a burning bow, archer of Elven heritage, court magician and illusionist, agile swordswoman, lore-keeper of a mental library, high-stakes gambler, opportunist, honey-tongued aristocrat, and tormentor of old horny men on this plane and the next." She extends her hand, palm down, for him to take and kiss.

"I would be thrilled- nay, indebted to perform my arts for such a rugged, skilled, and frankly attractive warrior of the First People." The bard speaks seductively in a crooning, low-pitch voice, her eyebrows raised slightly and a wide, flirtatious smile on her lips.

Suddenly dropping character, Astrianna leans back, her face returning to its usual mirthful look. She passes the totems from one hand to the next absentmindedly. "You surprise me, Adriel. I would have placed a surest bet that I would never hear such a confession from you, and I would have lost every coin I've ever made. Everything you said is certainly true, though. I felt the desire to prove myself to you, given how loudly you boasted your skill, and after seeing you fight I knew I could stand a chance at proving my worth to everyone on board simultaneously."

She sits up and begins to juggle the three totems slowly, in a small, mundane circle. "The mast affected me as well. I believed you were some kind of necromancer! I was convinced your elf magic created those undead, and you were trying to get me killed. My favorite was I thought you planted that rotten head in the lockbox with the centipedes as a joke! Ah, I was planning to make a massive fool of you in front of the entire ship as revenge! Honestly, in this line of work we see and do strange things; I don't let it bother me. It's part of the excitement of it all!"

The smile leaves her face for a moment, and her brows furrow. The totems drop into her hands- one, two, three. She looks at the Magus with curious eyes. "Something I've been meaning to ask you, Adriel. You didn't happen to pass through Cassomir in Taldor oh... 30 years ago?"


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"You can make a grown man blush." He winks. "Since I was a wee seapup, I've had sea salt in me hair. My great granddaddy and then father, Mordekai, were renowned navigators across both the known and unknown waters. Me pop once braved the eye of Abendego and survived to reveal it's secrets to me." He smiles, "But that is tale for another day."

He sighs, "I found meself as the seige engineer on the Kingfisher, Captained by the Vincent Crane, an unsavory pirate and scourge of the seas. Of Course, I was duped into that job as it was represented that we would serve as cover for lawful merchant ships." His hand on his heart. "We came upon the floundering Sea Bear and I was called upon to join the boarding crew." He shivers a the memory. "Safe to say, if it weren't fer me lucky coin, I'd be dead."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13
Quote:
Darius and the Sawbones have spoken of a venture once we arrive. I had not committed yet. If you have agreed and would hold no objection to my presence, I would sign on if only to remain and pursue you.

Bri looks thoughtful for a moment. "My commitment is optional, it is dependent upon the exact nature of the venture. Should I choose to agree to it in the future, I currently would have no objection to you signing on as well. Though of course you could get a head start on that pursuing if you really wanted to.."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:


"You can make a grown man blush." He winks. "Since I was a wee seapup, I've had sea salt in me hair. My great granddaddy and then father, Mordekai, were renowned navigators across both the known and unknown waters. Me pop once braved the eye of Abendego and survived to reveal it's secrets to me." He smiles, "But that is tale for another day."

He sighs, "I found meself as the seige engineer on the Kingfisher, Captained by the Vincent Crane, an unsavory pirate and scourge of the seas. Of Course, I was duped into that job as it was represented that we would serve as cover for lawful merchant ships." His hand on his heart. "We came upon the floundering Sea Bear and I was called upon to join the boarding crew." He shivers a the memory. "Safe to say, if it weren't fer me lucky coin, I'd be dead."

Astrianna sets her elbows on the table, forms a ball with her hands, and sets her chin on top of it as she listens to Thalios' tale. A smile forms on her features as he goes on. "You will have to tell me about the Eye of Abendego someday, we could pen quite the tale- perhaps even submit it for publication in the Pathfinder Chronicles."

The bard sits up and looks off towards the aft with an adventurous, far-off look in her eyes. "Ah yes, I can see the innocent Thalios Dondrel offered an excellent wage and promises of good, honest work, only to find himself under the thumb of a cruel Captain. Forced to commit dastardly deeds, he was, but he always spared the ladies and risked personal harm to see no harm came to them." She says with a mirthful grin, looking back at the rogue.

Her emerald eyes return to his amulet. "My offer still stands to reveal its magical secrets to you. It will only take a minute or two of study, hmmmm?" The bard gestures at Hawkins. "Sawbones, you can help out even, I know you love to study spell auras."


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"A sailor never tempts luck...no reason to cloud that luck now milady." He smiles and turn to leave.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna sighs and gives a shrug. "All right. If you ever want to know what it does though..." She lets the man go and returns to studying the maps, taking a sip of her wine.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"I know what it does, it's my lucky coin."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath walks over to Darius and with some of joviality in her voice she teases him a bit...
"So, is everything working properly in that oddly-dented brain pan of yours Dirk? Or do we need to beat it back into shape?"

While she is worried about him, she decides that its best to wrap her concern in light mockery as the others seem fans of this sort of banter- a new experience for Sath.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Well then Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai- perhaps that shall make you this ship's lucky Albatross."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8
Sath Saltblood wrote:

Sath walks over to Darius and with some of joviality in her voice she teases him a bit...

"So, is everything working properly in that oddly-dented brain pan of yours Dirk? Or do we need to beat it back into shape?"

While she is worried about him, she decides that its best to wrap her concern in light mockery as the others seem fans of this sort of banter- a new experience for Sath.

Who...what...huh?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shakes her head at Thalios, grinning. "Ah, you rogue. Luck can take many forms- I doubt you're interested in magical theory so we'll just leave it at that."

The bard guffaws as Sath makes her comment. Didn't think the druid had it in her, something on the Sea Bear must have dislodged the pole up her rear.

I think Sath meant to talk to Dirk.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

To Brianna;
Aye, dear Rose, A headstart would be a boon, tell me, have your ever experienced the stars whilst flying? It is a wonder everyone should feel to cast off the eaerth itself. I would start by sharing this with you later, if it pleases you.

The elf bows and leaves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Astrianna had sat down to write of the past week's experiences in her journal when Adriel finds her. The half-elf's pen gracefully dances across the paper in fluid Elven script. She looks up as Adriel approaches, and both of her eyebrows raise in surprise as he proclaims himself an idiot and apologies.

She leans forward and looks about the crew quarters, then reaches out and touches his hip. "All right, you're not an illusion and I haven't fallen asleep yet. I don't think." Did everyone go a little crazy on that ship? Am I crazy too now?

The half elf sets her journal to the side to allow the ink to dry, and crosses her legs at the knee while listening to the entirety of his spiel. A smile slowly creeps across her face, and at the end she laughs merrily, playing along.

Leaning forward, she takes the idols and gives them a quick look-over. "Why it is a pleasure to meet you Adriel Mistleaf. I am Astrianna Sparacello- Actor of much renown, singer of ballads in every beautiful language of the world, titillating dancer, fiddler with a burning bow, archer of Elven heritage, court magician and illusionist, agile swordswoman, lore-keeper of a mental library, high-stakes gambler, opportunist, honey-tongued aristocrat, and tormentor of old horny men on this plane and the next." She extends her hand, palm down, for him to take and kiss.

"I would be thrilled- nay, indebted to perform my arts for such a rugged, skilled, and frankly attractive warrior of the First People." The bard speaks seductively in a crooning, low-pitch voice, her eyebrows raised slightly and a wide, flirtatious smile on her lips.

Suddenly dropping character, Astrianna leans back, her face returning to its usual mirthful look. She passes the totems from one hand to the next absentmindedly. "You surprise me, Adriel. I would have placed a surest bet that I would never hear such a confession from you, and I would have lost every coin I've ever made. Everything you said is certainly true, though....

Would that I had the pleasure. Sadly I am not as well travelled as my of the First People and am only now indulging in my Wanderlust. The ggreat majority of my life has been spent in the Scarwood, a place I have no desire to return, then 15 years studying and drinking under the skilled hand of Thane D'Breche, human Eldritch Knight and disgraced Highguard of the Acadamae. Now, that is a man who could tell you a few tales. I had the good fortune of being his friend and student as his years wane and do not wish to be like him, a lion caged to one place. And so I travel, to experience and love and drink and gamble and fight and F##k as the oppourtunity arise. Forgive my ego and many other failings, Dear Songbird, but should you require a sword at your back OR in your bed, either to save your life or casual daliance, I am at your service. Call me firend or plaything. Hopefully both and you'll find me challenging, possiby infuriating but no friend more loyal or dangerous.

His ever present swagger back in full force the elf offers his arm, Now, don't we have an appointment with the Captain? Unless you have something mischevious in mind, in which case the man can wait as long as it damn well pleases you.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

TO GM:

David will read over the manifest and attempt to discover what type of man their new “guest” was; specifically – what the former captain thought of him, how high he was on the ‘payroll’ – and so on.

If the man is mentioned as a member of the former captain’s crew and deserving of a cut of treasure, David will find out that figure and count out the coin that the man was promised and set it aside for him.

In other words – if Thalios was supposed to be paid a cut of the former captain’s loot and earned his cut, then David will make sure he gets the cut before reporting the rest to his superiors.

Sath Saltblood wrote:
"So, is everything working properly in that oddly-dented brain pan of yours Dirk? Or do we need to beat it back into shape?"

He looks up at her and smiles a little.

”I don’t know; I hope so,” he says sincerely ”it was a very unpleasant experience for me.”

”But as to how I am doing? Well, I suppose I’ll know that better after hearing what you all think of how I act.”

”After all – just because I don’t believe that I’m crazy doesn’t make it true…” he says, giving her a sheepish grin.

As he talks he is vaguely aware of the man Thalios and his presence in the cabin; observing the man chatting his friends. He notices Astrianna was talking to him, and he suddenly looks at her, curious to know what the man has been telling her – or what she has told him…

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"Ah yes, I can see the innocent Thalios Dondrel offered an excellent wage and promises of good, honest work, only to find himself under the thumb of a cruel Captain. Forced to commit dastardly deeds, he was, but he always spared the ladies and risked personal harm to see no harm came to them."

David says nothing at this point, his eyes studying the man thoughtfully, wondering why he had come into the cabin and what his real intention was.

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"My offer still stands to reveal its magical secrets to you. It will only take a minute or two of study, hmmmm?" The bard gestures at Hawkins. "Sawbones, you can help out even, I know you love to study spell auras."

David looks at Astrianna, and then looks back to the man.

”Mister Dondrel is indeed a very lucky man,” David says as he watches the sailor thoughtfully.

”That his captors would abuse him – lock him in the brig – strip of him of everything, including his clothes and leave him to die with almost nothing at all… except, of course, his lovely amulet and his lucky coin…”

”Aye – that they would leave him with those two things and nothing else? I'd say that might seem to be very lucky...” he says thoughtfully.

Then he looks at Astrianna.

”I have no issue with aiding you with deciphering magical auras; just let me know when you’d like to do it,” he says to her.

Yet Thalios has his own opinions on the subject; and the coin...

Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
"I know what it does, it's my lucky coin."
Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
"A sailor never tempts luck...no reason to cloud that luck now milady." He smiles and turn to leave.

As the man readies to leave, he hears Sath offer her own thoughts on all his “good luck”.

Sath Saltblood wrote:
"Well then Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai- perhaps that shall make you this ship's lucky Albatross."

David chuckles a little at Sath's comment.

”Oh I hope not, Mister Saltblood,” he says to her ”If I recall correctly in the legend the crew killed the Albatross… Of course, the legend also says that killing the Albatross was very bad luck for them… but they still did it,” he says with a little grin, not being cruel, simply teasing a little bit.

Then he leans back and looks at Thalios more carefully and waves his hand, casting Detect Magic to notice if there were indeed any magical auras on him, and where it was that they came from…

As per Astrianna’s request, he’ll also attempt to decipher the auras; if there are any magical ones at all – after all, the coin may simply be a mundane keep-sake.

To GM:

If the captain's records suggest that Thalios was a good sailor and worth his weight, David will take this time to give to the man the money his former captain owed him.

However, if the records indicated otherwise, he won’t offer the man the money.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Dirk:

There is no reference of Thalios in the manifest. That makes sense though since Thalios was aboard another ship that investigated the drifting Sea Bear. The original Sea Bear crew was dead before Thalios ever arrived.

Lucky coin/amulet:

They are one in the same. They are not two separate items.

Thalios turns to address Dirk, "I'm sorry are you sure we met?" He laughs out loud.

[ooc]The detect magic certainly reveals it's magical but he turns and leaves before you can concentrate on it for 3 rounds, nor are you able to manipulate it to identify the item.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The Capt and Henk come into the officers mess. Henk is carrying a bundle wrapped in leather cloth.

"Well met...well met, I asked the cookie to bring up rum rations for you all, and I have asked Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, to join us." He clears his throat and the cookie puts a small dark wood cast of rum on the table. Another sailor places an assortment of fresh fruit, bread, cured meat and cheeses there. "Help yourselves."

The Captain waits as everyone grabs a small plate and fills a tankard of rum. Thalios is happy to comply.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius joins in on preparing himself some food and cuts himself a bit of rum.

He then sits and patiently awaits the Captain to say his piece.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

As the spell confirms David’s suspicions he hears Thalios answer.

Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
"I'm sorry are you sure we met?" He laughs out loud.

David watches the man for a moment.

”Well I don’t think we’ve been formally introduced, no,” he says, looking at the man as the spell glows – but seconds later the man rushes out of the room.

David’s eyes widen in surprise at the desperate exit.

”Well, another time, perhaps,” he says with a shrug.

Then he continues to stare at the chart with his companions, waiting for the remainder of the two hours to end so he can meet with the captain. During the time he takes out his journal and starts to copy the charts and notes.

When the meeting finally starts, he heads in to meet with the captain.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"Well met...well met, I asked the cookie to bring up rum rations for you all, and I have asked Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, to join us."

David looks at Thalios.

If he sees the amulet/lucky coin then once again casts Detect Magic on him, hoping that this time the man will remain in the room for at least thirty seconds.

If he doesn't see the amulet he won't bother to cast the spell at this time.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
He clears his throat and the cookie puts a small dark wood cast of rum on the table. Another sailor places an assortment of fresh fruit, bread, cured meat and cheeses there. "Help yourselves."

He nods at the captain.

"Thank you, sir," he says, and takes a few token pieces of food, though he doesn't seem to be very hungry at this time.

For now he doesn't say anything else at this time. His face is troubled and its clear that something is on his mind, but for now he's only listening.


M Gnome Expert/bard

"Henk tells me it was a...harrowing situation on the curse ship." He looks at each person making eye contact. "Sometimes strange things occur and when that happens, some unusual actions can take place, don't let what happened over [i]there[i] cloud your judgment on this ship. You are all good crew."

He smiles at Thalios, 'I've had the pleasure of chatting with Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, his family is quite infamous in these parts. I've decided to have him join my crew." With that the captain hands him one cutlass and one dagger. "Welcome aboard."

Henk goes about and unwraps the bundle. "Did you pick up any interesting items from the ship." he sees the map on the table and he knows you carried a painting aboard (sort of hard to conceal that).

You can see 7 daggers.
There is leather studded armor +1
A cutlass +1
A amulet +1 nat armor
Dagger +1

"The daggers are mundane, I just gave Thalios one. The armor, cutlass, one dagger, and the amulet are magical. Henk suggested, and I agree, that you should take your choice of these items."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP
Darius Rotarion wrote:
Sath Saltblood wrote:

Sath walks over to Darius and with some of joviality in her voice she teases him a bit...

"So, is everything working properly in that oddly-dented brain pan of yours Dirk? Or do we need to beat it back into shape?"

While she is worried about him, she decides that its best to wrap her concern in light mockery as the others seem fans of this sort of banter- a new experience for Sath.

Who...what...huh?

Sorry, Dirk, not you...

"I wouldn't mind a dagger, as I currently am without one..."

Sath eyes the items before them, wondering which of them would be of use to her.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Thalios who now has his linen shirt buttoned higher around his neck and scarf on smiles broadly at the Captain, "If am here to serve." His lucky coin is noticeably tucked away from your vision. He begins to stare then noticeably wiggles his fingers then smirks as he studies at Dirk and then Astri. His left eye brow raises.


Evil GM

FYI a detect magic on the figures/totem revealed +1 luck against enchantment. Alabaster is not magical.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius unclasps the scabbard to the longsword he found and adds it to the pile.

"An undead abomination carried this."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri shrugs as she looks at the small pile of items. "I do not wear armor and I prefer to work my magic at a distance. So I will pass on these items in favor of someone who will get more use out of them."


Evil GM

Darius do you recall where/when you found the scabbard? I don't recall off hand, and I need to figure out if it's magical.

The box from the powder room contains wicks to set off the powder.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Was the box I took locked? I had wanted to open it.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Was the box I took locked? I had wanted to open it.

The box contained wicks to ignite the powder.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

I got the long sword from the skeleton. Was kinda assuming it had a scabbard wen if the skeleton wasn't using it. May not.


Evil GM

The longsword is +1 and the scabbard is jeweled (500 GP value)


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Casually returns long sword to my hip. Lmao. Not really, it's in the pile.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"Henk tells me it was a...harrowing situation on the curse ship." He looks at each person making eye contact. "Sometimes strange things occur and when that happens, some unusual actions can take place, don't let what happened over there cloud your judgment on this ship. You are all good crew."

David stares at the captain thoughtfully, but says nothing more at this time, content to simply listen.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
'I've had the pleasure of chatting with Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, his family is quite infamous in these parts. I've decided to have him join my crew." With that the captain hands him one cutlass and one dagger. "Welcome aboard."

David says nothing at the announcement, simply staring at the food, though he doesn’t seem to be very hungry.

Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
"If am here to serve."

The man then turns to David and makes a gesture and seems to be mocking his magical abilities from earlier.

David turns to the man, noticing his finger-wiggling and the condescending smirk.

He returns Thalios’s look; but his eyes are flat, dead-pan and cold.

There seems to be an uncomfortable silence in the cabin as he looks at the man, but he doesn’t say anything at this time.

Meanwhile the gnome quickly presses on.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"Did you pick up any interesting items from the ship."

David glances at the others, than he pours a glass of rum and quaffs it.

”We were separated because of the fog. I do not know what my companions may have found – perhaps they found nothing – but I myself found a few items of note,” he says to the captain.

As he speaks, Darius unclasps the scabbard to the longsword he found and adds it to the pile.

Darius Rotarion wrote:
"An undead abomination carried this."

The captain nods at their statement and then spreads his hands and gestures to the gear on the table.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"The daggers are mundane, I just gave Thalios one. The armor, cutlass, one dagger, and the amulet are magical. Henk suggested, and I agree, that you should take your choice of these items."

David's eyes flick to the dagger.

Hmm… A magic dagger… That’d be right handy if I’m using two weapons in a fight…

Sath Saltblood wrote:
"I wouldn't mind a dagger, as I currently am without one..."

David glances at Sath and then looks back at the gear, taking a bite of smoked sausage and then pours some more rum, wondering if he might ask Sath for the dagger instead.

Then he shakes head, realizing that wouldn't be right of him.

Face it, lad; you were the only one on that poxing, bleeding, sodding, gods-cursed mission that was so bloody weak-minded as to let himself to go mad, eh?

So for now you ought to just keep your gods-damned mouth shut and let the others take their fair due first, because it’s only right!

They resisted the sorcery, you didn’t, so they got first pick over the loot…

He says nothing else at this time, waiting for the others to make their choices.

Embrianna wrote:
"I do not wear armor and I prefer to work my magic at a distance. So I will pass on these items in favor of someone who will get more use out of them."

David glances at her. Seeing that she's not comfortable with the selection, he offers another possibility.

”The way I see it Embrianna, you deserve your due,” he says with a polite nod at her.

"Point is - if you don’t see something handy here, you deserve at least equal cut of value, be it gold or loot,” he says gesturing at the pile.

”As for myself, I found some other hash in the captain’s quarters on that gods-damned deathtrap. Now the way I see it you can take first pick on that stuff if you’d like, seeing as how none of this here is to your taste,” he says to her with a nod.

He glances at the rest of his friends.

"I reckon the same goes to the rest of you," he says nodding to them.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna walks to the Captain's quarters with Adriel. The elf in me has given me the wanderlust you desire, and I would rather die than be put in a cage... Friend will do for the moment, Bladedancer. Now, if you would kindly protect your Songbird on the way to the Captain's quarters I would appreciate it."

She walks in with Adriel on her arm, letting go as they enter. She smiles at the food and rum, clapping her hands together excitedly. "Ah! Thank you Captain!" The bard helps herself to one of everything, and fills up her hip flask with rum. Before she begins to eat her haversack is slung from her shoulders, and she begins pulling out items from the void.

She draws two cutlasses out and lays them with the weapons. I checked, these are not magical." Followed by the cleaned leather bag. The bard presents them to Captain Longplank for his perusal, a happy smile on her face. "Eight beautiful pearls, Captain. I'd say they're worth at least one hundred gold pieces each." She briefly images the earrings such a haul could make...

Lastly, she begins to unpack all of the maps and charts she pilfered form the navigation room. "A good collection of charts, I didn't notice anything spectactular. However...." She gingerly pulls the scraps of the Razor map from her sack, and begins to arrange them on the floor in the correct manner. "Do any of you possess Mending magic? If we have all of the pieces, we could make a chart of the Razor ..."

Are all the pieces accounted for, or enough to make a partial map?

Looking over at the assorted items now laid out, the bard points to the armor. "I have been meaning to get some new armor- that would be perfect." Almost fogetting, the bard snaps her fingers and adds the little totems to the pile. "These appear to be enchanted to guard against mind-affecting magic. It's weak, but it probably helped the crew of the Sea Bear hang on a little longer... We could make some necklaces out of them, then everyone would have a lucky amulet." She gives a brief grin to Thalios.

What does the armor look like Baldwin? Style is important!

She does not seem to notice that Thalios has tucked away his lucky coin, as it is clear the man does not want it to be investigated and she will not bother him about it. Though if she notices later, she will surely tease him...


baldwin the merciful wrote:
Alabaster is not magical.

Yes he is…


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"Do any of you possess Mending magic? If we have all of the pieces, we could make a new map..."

David glances at Astrianna.

"Yeah - I can cast it," he says as he takes another sip of the rum.

"But I reckon we can maybe just redraw it if we lay out the scraps, never mind the spell," he adds looking at her.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I added the protection totems to the pile as well Dirk

The bard shrugs. "Whichever- I always prefer magic, typically does a better job of things."


Evil GM
Alabaster the Cat wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Alabaster is not magical.

Yes he is…

I totally forgot he does have magical collar one...the silver studs. +1 enchantment similar to the totem/idols


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"I would not mind the sword back. It had a good balance. Though, I would not contest against another for it, because I will always prefer to use my glaive over it. If someone will see more regular use out of it, I can vouch for its effectiveness."
__________
Darius would honestly prefer coin over any of the rest of that, if someone would like to "buy out" Darius' picks. Though the long sword would be a good backup weapon, like I said, I won't take it over any of you that would use it as a primary weapon.


baldwin the merciful wrote:
I totally forgot he does have magical collar one...the silver studs. +1 enchantment similar to the totem/idols

Very well, you are forgiven... for now...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna grins at Darius. "Ah you should take it Darius, think of how fabulous you'll look, swaggering about with the jeweled scabbard."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
Darius would honestly prefer coin over any of the rest of that, if someone would like to "buy out" Darius' picks. Though the long sword would be a good backup weapon, like I said, I won't take it over any of you that would use it as a primary weapon.

Sounds like a pretty good option to me, too; though for now I'm curious to know what the gear that David found in the Captain's Quarters equates to.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"All that matters is if it would catch your eye, darling," he says with a grin. He silently chuckles, a hand rising to his side. He is clearly nowhere near in as much pain as he was, but the pain was still there.


Evil GM

I've already mentioned the captains items are mundane personal things of minimal value.

Link 1

Link 2

There's maybe 100 GP of items if you are looking for a valuation.

2,001 to 2,050 of 14,076 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.