Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


2,051 to 2,100 of 14,076 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

A musical laugh escapes the half-elf. "Oh it certainly does, and will if you're wearing it. The scabbard is stunning and the blade extremely well made. While it's my style, my longsword and I have shared too many memories together for me to toss it aside for a peacock blade."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel remains silent awhile but since nobody was asking, I can enchant any weapon in hand. For now, the amulet of protection would serve nicely. I deffer to our two beautiful members however, ladies first.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

I've already mentioned the captains items are mundane personal things of minimal value.

There's maybe 100 GP of items if you are looking for a valuation.

Response:

Well I did read the posts earlier, but I guess I was just a little confused. When I asked about the stuff I found in the captain's quarters, there was kind of a lot of stuff mentioned that I was still a little uncertain about.

For example, you said that I had found in the captain's quarters Navigational Instruments, but you didn't specify what types of instruments were in there so I wasn't sure.

In previous games I've played a sextant is rated at 500 GP and a Spyglass is rated at 1,000 GP - both of them are considered "navigational instruments". I guess that's why I kind of assumed that the instruments alone might be more valuable is all.

Also the matched Scarab Knives and the Scale Horsewhip - again I wasn't sure if either of them were magical weapons or at least Masterwork, but I thought that collectively that they might be worth a little something.

Anyway, it's all good. Thanks for the clarification :)

David looks over at the captain.

"Sir, I should say formally that when I was in the captain's quarters I found a box of some loose treasure. I guess you'll want to spread it with the crew properly," he says to the captain, clearly aware of the ship's laws.

"Specifically I found 1200 gold pieces, 3618 silver pieces, 11,381 copper pieces, 13 pearls worth 50 gold pieces each, 7 diamonds worth 75 gold pieces each, 1 ruby worth 125 gold pieces," he adds.

"I also found a Masterwork Shortsword," he says holding up the weapon for anyone to look at, then tosses it on the table.

"There was a few other incidentals in the captain's quarters... I thought that they might have been worth something, but on second thought I don't think that they were worth more than a hundred gold all told," he adds a bit ruefully.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Well. I guess I was clearly spending too much time trying not to be killed by the ship, I should have been looking for loot," Sath exclaims with a laugh-
"Although, I did find Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai and certainly he is a treasure, of sorts..."


Evil GM

Dirk:

The encounter did not provide any value to the items found in the captain's quarters. They were personal tickets valued to him from his life's journey.

As far as navigational items I think some of the confusion was you were giving directions to Astri OOC of things to take from the nav room. Items that were not actually there.

Astr Responds to Dirk's OCC comment

I mentioned no nav equip

I did a quick search and did not find any posts to you about navigation equipment in the capts quarters or that you found. I know you looked for encoded log books and items but there was nothing like that in the room.

Description of the Room

Lock box and Log book discovery

Mundane items

If I missed a post about navigational equipment link it so I take a look.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Responding to Sath's comment. "Aye, you found the greatest treasure of all."


Evil GM

After everyone takes an item of their choosing the captain makes sure everyone has more rum and food before he departs for his other duties.

Article 3 of Privateer Code:

Booty shares are as follows: 50 shares for the ship; 5 shares for the PC Officers; 2 Shares for the NPC Officers; 1 Share for the crew. Actions, above and beyond, shall be favorably rewarded.

Those weapons/gear were your above and beyond payment. If one of you want to do the math for the shares, Henk will disburse the funds the next day to the crew.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I can't use any armor and am limited only to simple weapons, so much of the stuff is of no use to me. As for the amulet, I will defer to a frontline fighter that stands more of a chance than getting hit then me. I'd rather hide out in the back and cast.

"Don't feel too bad Sath. I managed to pick up a sealed box, but it held nothing but a bunch of wicks." Bri sighs... "What a shame it couldn't have been full of jewels or gold."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna raises an eyebrow at Embrianna. "A box of wicks? Were they making candles? Extras for oil lamps?"

She sits down at the table, and begins to consume her meal slowly, talking all the while. The bard stashes her hip flask of rum for later and fills up a cup, draining it much quicker than her meal is eaten.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

With no one making a move for the Amulet of Protection, the elf helps himself to it. It was a simple token, shaped a bit like a shield. Appropriate.

That done then, I am happy to drink.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri shrugs at Asti's comment. "Maybe, though there is no way to tell for certain what they were doing on that ship."

Bri downs her share of the rum, eats her meal and then gives her mug the command to fill up with strawberry wine as an after-meal drink.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

As the night closed in, Darius looked for a chance, as difficult as it was with Adriel hanging on her every word, to speak with Embrianna alone. Eventually, he finds it, and he slips up to her and lightly places a hand on her shoulder as says, "Could I speak to you, in private?"

He turns and moves to a quiet part of the ship, hoping she will join him. Partly because he really does wish to speak with her, partly because his hand misses the feel of the warm, soft flesh of her shoulder.

Embrianna, if she joins me in private:
"Thank you for coming. As much as I would love to shower you with compliments, overtures, and advances at the moment, that is not why I asked you over here," he says with a sincere look in his eyes.

He turns away from her and leans over the rail looking out at the dark shadow of the sea and night sky before continuing, "When we were on that ship, I realize now that some of us were affected in some way by the thing's curse. But you seemed to keep your head the whole time, as far as I could tell. So I need to know your opinion on what Sath did aboard the ship. Do you think he...she deliberately disobeyed my order, or do you think that was the ship messing with us?"

Before she can answer, he takes a moment to explain his concerns. "Don't think that this is some matter of manly pride. I couldn't care less about that sort of thing. But what does matter is whether or not I can count on her to work as a team in a fight or not. I realize she is an officer too, and if she were to give me an order on some religious matter, I would go along with it assuming she had a better understanding of the situation. However, she apparently thinks me a mindless fool, and totally disregarded my command, and it potentially endangered all of us. Hell, if she had had the ability to summon that thing against the totem, we all may have came out of that a bit less battered. I have never been an officer before," he confesses, "so I need to know what to do here. Part of me thinks I should report her actions as a breech of the Code, hoping to teach her a lesson about command. Part of me wants to blame the ship. Part of me wants to just forget the whole blasted thing."

He then looks Embrianna right in the eye and asks, "What do you think? You were the only person of sound enough mind at the time to give me some input on the whole thing, and I trust your judgement all the same."


I'm moving the action to the next day.

Morning arrives and the crew is diligently working and at mid-day the crows nest lookout yells, "Land Ho! 20 miles port side..Isle of Grey Whispers."

The crew becomes tense and the Captain is looking through his spy glass, a frown on his face. It is clear that the ship is keeping the isle at a distance. The captain and pilot begin to stuff something in their ears.

The isle of whispers is on map under the campaign tap. Basically, far right hand side of the overview map roughly midway up the map.


Several crew members including the First mate begin to pass out soft cotton to stuff in ears. "Take. Use and avoid the whispers of carnal delight."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sath tries wracking her brain for information on the Isle of Grey Whispers.

So, did Sath get the +1 Dagger?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The call of land interrupts one of Astrianna's songs. She is not very pleased about it, but senses the disturbance in the crew and does not make a comment.

Astrianna takes some cotton from Malta, a look of mirth crossing her face. "Ah, one of those islands." A moment passes, and her face changes to one of concern. "But how will everyone enjoy my singing now...?" She looks up at Malta. "Do the whispers happen at a specific place, or are they constant near the island? I may be able to counter it with a song, for a while."

I'll attempt to use Countersong when the whispers begin, it may be effective if it's a language-dependent effect. We shall see!

Sath, I marked you down as getting the dagger, I believe you did. I might as well make some knowledge rolls as well now that you mention it.

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Knowledge: History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Evil GM

I assume so, it was not on the list of items to be sold. Astri may know better.

know geo/history 20+:

Sailors avoid this mist-shrouded isle, claiming the tendrils of fog call to those who draw too near, promising carnal delights, glory and power. These whispering voices persuade listeners that rewards await them on the island’s shores. However, as ships draw closer to shore, the fevered
utterances change, swearing the promised delights and rewards lie not on the island, but rather in the guts of their fellow crewmates. More than one ship has emerged from the mists festooned in the innards of its crew with a few gibbering survivors cackling into the wind, playing with
slippery entrails as if they were piled gold, or embracing hunks of gore as they would lovers. At least those are the stories you've heard.


"Stuff yer ears and it won't lull you to it's shores." the First Mate advises. "No need to chance luck." He motions to several sailors who are leading three goats up to the main deck. Nervous eyes scan the horizon.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Without question, Darius plugs his ears with the offered cotton.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna carefully stuffs her pointed ears with cotton. She recalls and begins to mentally practice a few draconic chants that are nearly magical in nature and are effective at canceling mind-influencing effects.

The bard raises an eyebrow at the three goats, wondering what their purpose is.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

The quartermaster approaches Sath, "'bout four days out of the port. Saw you swim the other day, best not do that when in Kai's Bay, lots of sharks."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath plugs her ears and readies herself for the journey past the isle.

Hearing Henk's warning, Sath replies,
"Thank you for the warning- while I have a way with sea creatures I appreciate the notice."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Without a word David plugs his ears with cotton. Further, he takes a small bit of candle and uses some of the wax to also prevent any sound from entering his head.

He has no desire to go mad again.

Though he can't hear his allies, he can communicate with them quickly using "Sleight of Hand" to send secret messages, if necessary...


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

At Darius's request, Bri will join him for a chat

Spoiler:
"What? Someone wants to actually talk to me for reasons other than flirting? How odd." Bri grins wryly at her own little joke.

Bri listens to what Darius has to say before giving her opinion, a bit worried about how he was going to take it. "The ship seemed to be messing with you Darius. Not as much as it was clearly messing with Dirk, but some of your actions did appear a bit odd."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Embrianna:
Darius nods at her. "I know. But not once did I ever notice you acting out of sorts. You are clearly made of sterner stuff than what the others may give you credit for."

He looks out over the ocean once again. "But what of Sath? What do you think went on there and what do you think I should do?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Alabaster the Cat wrote:
As the ship moves closer the mysterious island, Alabaster insists that he is chained to the mast and his ears left unplugged so that he; Alabaster, cat among cats - shall alone hear the siren song of the Island of Whispers and live to tell the tale without being compelled to leap forth from the ship to his slow but inevitable demise! :)

Uhh… no. David will not be doing that. However, he will lock Alabaster in his quarters at this time if the cat attempts any shenanigans… ;)


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

know geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Embrianna will do as instructed and stuff her ears with the cotton. she has managed to stay sane so far, and intends to stay that way.

Darius:
Bri shrugs. "I think that Sath seemed to be acting like herself, though I have no way of knowing what the ship was whispering in her ears. You should also take a moment to ask yourself whether or not you would listen to a superior that you felt was suffering from a compulsion."


Evil GM

The isle disappears over the next few hours, hopefully a distant memory, and the crew unpack their ears. The chit chat reveals there that pirates frequent the area and more dangerous sea creatures. A few seaman stop and mumble something prayer like when they get near the goats. You find out that the goats are tribute.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Embrianna:
Darius hangs his head for a moment, then looks out over the sea quietly for a couple of minutes.

He finally speaks up, "So, do you think I am not fit for a command position? Like I said I've never been in charge before. Well, of any great number, I should say. And before...before I started my life as a sailor, the one time I had held any authority, I got 4 good people killed. Perhaps I should step down as an Officer and recommend Adriel to replace me?" saying all this while looking out over the sea, his eyes appearing to be lost in a memory.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Darius:
Bri sighs loudly. "I don't think you are unfit. I just think that you were under the effects of a cursed ship just like other members of our boarding party. Do you think Darius should step down too just because he was also effected?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
The isle disappears over the next few hours, hopefully a distant memory, and the crew unpack their ears. The chit chat reveals there that pirates frequent the area and more dangerous sea creatures. A few seaman stop and mumble something prayer like when they get near the goats. You find out that the goats are tribute.

When the ship leaves the island far in its wake David will remove the impediments to his hearing. He makes a warding sign to the cursed island and spits aft when he sees it disappear in the distance.

He has no interest in setting foot an another island that could cause him to relinquish who he is...

Meanwhile, he proceeds with whatever duties he has at this time, though.

He does not want to disturb his companions with whatever it is they are doing; for now he'll to whatever it is that they are doing.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Embrianna:
[b]"Hawk's position as an officer is to serve as the doc. He isn't really expected to lead men when their lives are at stake. I, however, am responsible for trying to keep as many of our men alive as possible all the while eliminating any threat we are faced with. If I can't do that, what good is it that I hold this position of authority? Maybe I should just stand to the side and hit things..."

He turns and leans back against the railing as he continues, [b]"I don't remember if you were there when I explained all this, but like I said, before I started sailing, I had put together a small adventuring group and basically blindly led them all to their deaths. I was the only one that made it out alive, and barely at that. What's to say I don't do it again?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is rather surprised that the cotton was all they needed to resist the whispers of the island, but she is often surprised at the resourcefulness of sailors.

The sacrificial goats give her pause. Dragon turtles perhaps...? Sea Serpents? It would be exciting to see either, as long as the goats do their job.

The bard continues her duties, and once everyone has unplugged their ears she starts singing an old tale about a sailor stranded on an island with nothing but his dog, a sack of tobacco, and twenty pairs of boots.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Darius:
"My point was that you weren't the only one to succumb to the ships cursed effects and that you shouldn't use that as excuse to step down. Over half our group seemed to be suffering from some effect from it."

"Darius, all I can say is that I haven't seen anything to make me want to tell you to step down as an officer yet. If I do, I will let you know."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Embrianna:
Darius nods and thanks Embrianna. "Well, I won't detain you further, go, enjoy the night. I'm sure Adriel is actively missing your company, possibly in a panic that Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, grandson of Ebenezzer, great-grandson of Don-Julio, great-great-grandson of Margento the Magnificent, has won your affectiosn!"


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Darius:
"Eh, I think he has currently attached himself to Astrianna. She is more than welcome to have him chasing after her for a bit. Good night to you too Darius. "


Evil GM

There's nice southerly breeze blowing when dinner hour approaches. The crew mingles about eating a thick savory roux based gumbo that is loaded with okra, shrimp and crawfish, seasoned vegetables of celery, red and yellow bell peppers and onions. There is plenty of hard crusty loaves to hold the sauce and the spiced rum has been poured for the officers and crew.

The last few days of tension have eased and talk of Port Shaw and her mysterious can be heard...

Feel free to ask a few of the crew about the region. You would have heard that the First Mate is actually Tulita and native to the region.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel rises early, still reeling from his disappointment that he could not find his Rose for the nighttime flight he'd asked her on. In the moonlight though, he eventually found them. It seemed his friend Darius WAS in a contest with him, after all. One the elf, with his nature, intended to win.
When he did wake the next day Embrianna was still in her bunk. She cut such a fine figure in her night clothing that he could scarcely believe she did not get assaulted. Likely Fear kept the other soldiers at bay. The woman had strange powers and was clearly favored by both the ships combat officer AND the fire wielding Bladedancer.

He dismisses the idea of waking her. She had been getting saturated with attention since boarding the ship and likely would tire of the game eventually.
So hhe dons his full gear and his new Amulet and belt buckle and heads up to greet the sun. He needed to pick his spells for the day...


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

For now David will enjoy the gumbo and consider his options; specifically what will happen next.

As the ship draws closer to Port Shaw, he does indeed have a few brief questions he’d ask over the next several days.

Quick summary of questions:

Fort Stormshield:

1. What is the size of the garrison at Fort Stormshield?
2. How many soldiers are stationed there?
3. How many ships of war are attached to the Fort?
4. Who is in command of the fort?

Basic Geography:

1. It seems that there may be either several mountains, or possible volcanoes scattered about. Are there volcanoes and how many are active?
2. Is the Cove of the Dead gods a place of dark religious issues, or is it simply a clever name?
3. Black Bear Forest is named so for what reason? Why hasn’t been claimed or cultivated by the local citizens?
4. What is the primary species of Demi-Human living there (other than Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling and so on – is it goblin, orc, sahuagin, or what?
5. Is there a way to get an approximate scale – in leagues or miles – of the distance between points? As in; a scale for the map?
6. What is on, or about, Nagshead Hill? Why wasn’t it claimed by the citizens of Port Shaw to be built upon or utilized for defense?
7. What is the general weather patterns like? As in; if this was anywhere in the world; what place what it be most like – I’m guessing either Hawaii or the Caribbean, but I’m not sure…
8. The “Grove of the Whispering Tiger” seems to be the proper name for cultivated land. As in a “grove” not forest. Who created this “grove” and what was its purpose?
9. What is the condition of any native peoples – do they still exist; are they friendly; what is their disposition and attitude of the citizens of the Port and Fort?

Port Shaw:

1. How many citizens live in Port Shaw – approximately?
2. The port seems to be built almost flush against a marsh; why didn’t the citizens build farther south, close to Nagshead Hill, for example? Is there significance for building the port there?
3. The fort was built behind Port Shaw; or Port Shaw was built in front of the fort. Since most forts near ports are designed to protect against naval attacks, why was the fort built behind the city, or the city built in front of the fort?
4. Who rules Port Shaw – what type of military units do they prefer; and how many soldiers patrol the streets?
5. What is/are the primary religions/faiths practiced in Port Shaw?
6. If Port Shaw were classified in “Game Terms” what would it equate to: Hamlet, Village; Large Town, etcetera?
7. What is the primary legal system equitable to? British Government via Parliamentary Procedure; American Democracy; Fascism; Dictatorship; Confederation of Free Tradesmen under a Conjoined partially elected manager/governor (okay, that last one was just a hunch, but I’m still fishing for answers)?
8. What is (at least) the basic “Alignment” of the Settlment?
9. What is the primary source of revenue for the Port? How does it support itself and survive?

I’ll probably have more detailed questions for the journey over; these are just a few quick ones to get the ball rolling, though.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

When the dinner bell is rung, Embrianna goes and gets a bowl of the good smelling gumbo and a small loaf of bread to eat with it. She'll wander over to where the first mate is sitting and takes a seat near him. When she gets a chance she'll get in a question at him.

"I've never sailed over into this region before and never been to Port Shaw. I was wondering if you had any stories to tell about the area, I was kinda wondering what I could expect to see around here and what kind of exotic goods could be bought at Port."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna takes some soup and bread, and has to admit she is quite impressed by the quality of their meal today. The half-elf socializes with the crew, confirming what she has read in books and heard in tales.

She witnesses Embrianna taking a seat next to the first mate and decides the beefy man could use the attention of the ship's finest ladies. The bard takes a seat with Embrianna, setting her gumbo and rum down on the table. Touching Embri's arm, she gives her a smile and sits down. "All I heard was exotic goods. I think you're looking at it Emrbi- I hope port Shaw's chief export is shirtless hunks of muscle, in fact."

Listening to their conversation while eating, the bard would quickly down her rum, and pull out her hip flask that she filled with rum the night before in the officer's mess. Astrianna raises her flask to the two of them, offering each a drink from it if they so choose.

"Question for you, Mt. Muscle. In my profession I find business goes better if people can understand me, think you could teach me a bit of your native tongue? Perhaps some useful phrases in case I get into some trouble?"

I'm going to take a point in linguistics next level to learn the native tongue of the Tultila, whatever it is.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri giggles a bit at Astri's export comment. "Really Astri? If I knew that was the main export I sure would have sailed out there a lot sooner."


Evil GM

FYI: I put up the large over view map for easy reference for everyone. The maps that you've seen are not as detailed as what you see as the player. Some of the questions wouldn't know to ask based on the maps that you've seen. You are going to get a lot general information with a ton of missing details. Obviously, there is stuff you need to explore. If you ask a question and I don't answer it don't take offense just move along.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
FYI: I put up the large over view map for easy reference for everyone. The maps that you've seen are not as detailed as what you see as the player. Some of the questions wouldn't know to ask based on the maps that you've seen. You are going to get a lot general information with a ton of missing details. Obviously, there is stuff you need to explore. If you ask a question and I don't answer it don't take offense just move along.

I can refine the questions a bit, or just try to RP things out...

I thought doing the summary might be easier; but it does compromise potential RP. I'll have the RP versions of the questions up a bit later tonight, then. Enjoy your evening!


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Up just before the sun broke over the horizon, Sath was up on deck with a mug of hot coffee as the dawn broke. Placing herself into a state of meditative relaxation, she reached out to the spirits of nature all around her, praying to them to assist her with her daily trials.

Spells for the day today:
Orisons- Create Water, Guidance, Mending, Read Magic.
1st- Alter Winds, Cure Light Wounds, Jump, Stone Fist
2nd- Bull's Strength, Gust of Wind, Slipstream

Later that day, as she enters the mess for dinner, Sath gets herself her food and rum and make her way over to her thrown-together group of companions. Listening idly to their questions and conversations, she attempts to learn what she can of the Razor Coast region from the others.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius makes his way over to the group after having had his meal in the Officer's mess.

"Ladies, Gentlemen," he says as he sits.


I previously posted this but it bears repeating as it provides some information.

"The Razor Coast is a land of promise and danger. Balmy weather throughout the year ensures plentiful crops, and the lush green of the coast grows unchecked during the lengthy wet season. the sun kisses the flesh bringing out deep tones like you see on me." He drinks more."Still, the elements do their best to keep life exciting for residents. Tropical storms sweep down the coast on a moment’s notice."

He then jumps up and down and sways back and forth, "The old gods rumble the ground with quakes with little warning. And the fire gods erupt in displeasure from the volcanic Dreadsmoke Mountains threaten eruption and tidal waves wash away whole villages, sucking them out to sea." He laughs, "...I enjoy the fury."

"Those hardy enough to survive, take pleasure with a land filled with natural treasures, bountiful food and all the trappings of paradise. Yet the beacon of paradise, by its nature, draws evil to its shores. Men and women with conquest in their merciless hearts, freebooters who slaughter the innocent for gain, and inscrutable sea monsters all flock to the Razor to make their fortune or hunt their prey. This is no place for a soul unskilled with blade or spell, and only the most hardened adventurers make their livelihood on the Razor." His eyes beam with excitement as he tells his tale.


Another recap

Another sailor bring up a skin of rum for the First Mate, who promptly refills his tankard. He smacks his lips and then continues, "The Razor Coast is named for the dangerous shoals and reefs dotting the Razor Sea. They cut down vessels like a scythe to wheat and have claimed thousands of ships over the centuries. Remind me t'tell you the other nickname when our feet are planted on land....bad juju to say it while at sea." He drinks form his tankard.

For those willing to listen the First Mate obliges for a story request. He takes a deep drink of from his pewter tankard. Satisfied with the spice on his breath, "Aye, the Razor is beautiful, but unclean hands are always trying to take root." He eyes each one of you, his stare is intense, "Steer clear if’n you’ve any sense. Port Shaw is second only to that festering pit, Carcass, in slime and skullduggery. On the docks of Shaw, cannibal savages rub shoulders with murderous pirates, and the gods know what other horrors walk in broad daylight among them. Many Captains don’t drop anchor in that stain. Many go as far as Kai Bay, and they make folks swim the rest. It's a cesspit, that the Tulita and Old God's have yet to dislodge from its shores." he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Spells Prepared At the moment:

0- DC13(at will, all spells known 4 per day)
P-Prestidigiation
P-Light
P-Brand
P-Detect Magic

1-DC14 (4/day)
Prepared:
P- (Rime) Frostbite
P- Shocking Grasp
P- Color Spray
P- Chill Touch

2- DC15 2/day
Prepared:
P- Glitterdust
P- Flaming Sphere

Adriel sat on the deck and contemplated his spellbook. There were not nearly enough for his liking, but what angered him more was that he only could prepare precious few spells a day. His fighting style depended HEAVILY on his magic, so he would have to increase his power to do more. He had not been prepared for undead.

His spells set he spends most of his day filling in where he could. Mostly lending a strong back where required but he was inquisitive and learned quickly. Perhaps he would be a passing sailor after all.

He does later find time to speak to his friend Darius, Your friend the Sawbones tried to offer me terms for your venture the other day. Haven't decided if I like HIM yet but at least he understands me a little better now. I think I will stay on with you awhile. I have spent so much time doing the dirty work of others, I think working with Friends might actually agree with me. Provided there is women and drink, of Course......he said YOU insisted I come along.....I know that lot aren't exactly what you call battle hardened, but I appreciate the word. An honest assessment from a man I respect is a compliment. Besides, Embrianna will be there and I believe the Songbird is warming to me. Maybe she liked those smacks I gave her in our little spar.
It is clear the elf is glad for the talk. Despite all his bravado, or in fact, because of it, he did not make friends easily. He was usually too busy showing off.

Gods man, I cannot wait to hit shore and drink something besides Rum...

2,051 to 2,100 of 14,076 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.