Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


2,151 to 2,200 of 14,076 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius hurriedly steps over to the captain to speak to him quietly so as to not panic more of the crew.

"Some sort of sea monstrosity, Captain! Took the sheep before it snatched up one of the crew and dove back beneath the water!"


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Goats?


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

At the moment, Darius don't care what they were.

Seeing Embrianna approach the rail, he pauses long enough to stay her advance.

"Stay back, it's not safe," he says quietly.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri looks at Darius blankly. "What's not safe? Are we under attack by someone or something?"


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

"Just trust me, stay back until we decide what to do."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Zzzzzzzzz... huh, wuzzat? Zzzzzzzzz!"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Tulita Warrior, NPC wrote:
The first mate looks at Dirk and smiles, "Why man does anything can be a mystery." He shrugs, But Fort Stormshield is over 100 years old, built long before the founding of Port Shaw." He drinks from his tankard. "It was built by an elven shipping guild attempting to reclaim territory once held by elves during Sammerlock Sails’ ancient supremacy over the Razor." He finishes his goblet. "The elves purchased the plateau east of present-day Port Shaw and erected Fort Stormshield to protect them from pirates."

David peers at the map.

"So you're saying that the fort is east of the town, then?" he says as he studies it.

"This map's got the fort west of the town," he says, shaking his head, then looks up.

"Oh well - no accounting for bad cartography," he says with a small smile.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Ret-con

David looks at Thalios with surprise, trying to figure out why the man is still lingering about when there was work to be done.

Saying nothing, he listens to the man's speech, studying Thalios with a dry expression.

Seems like every piece of good blessing that bum has is because the reputation and wealth of his family has constantly bailed him out of any predicament...

David thinks back to when he was younger and had met a group of young men who had attended a university back in Andoran... Those lads spent far too much time drinking, carousing, whoring and generally causing mischief and very little in the way of actual real work to help much of anyone - except themselves... Yet despite the fact that these young men would always make time to go to parties filled with kegs of beer and loose women when real work was to be done, no harm ever came to them because their rich daddies who paid for their education at the university would constantly be there to bail them out of trouble; either with coin or reputation.

David recalled clearly that Thalios was given high praise and great recognition by his captain; simply because the man had a "famous daddy", even though he hadn't done much of anything to prove himself on the ship, while he and his companions were required to pay for their passage until the captain learned who they were.

Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
"Everything can be threat, or a boon, 'pending on y'point of view." He looks at Darius.

He looks at Darius, then looks back at Thalios and sighs audibly.

"That's great, 'college boy'," he says looking at the man "But when it comes to threats there's a big difference from a cult that sacrifices folk to their dark gods and some bums who like to gamble a little too much," he adds.

"I think that's what my friend was trying to say - if you got any information like that, it'd be appreciated."

So at this point Thalios is starting to remind me of most of the guys I knew in college who were in Fraternities.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Scurvy Rita, NPC wrote:
The sailor steps up next to Dirk and begins to talk. After sniffling. "I don't get off d'ship in Port...dragonsmoke tempts me, beyond me control. Nasty habit. Now if y'want to stay aboard and romp wit me till the ship pulls out I'm all for that." She flirtatiously puts her hand on Sawbones forearm.

David looks at the woman.

"Well, we'll just have to see what's over the next horizon," he says politely.

"Thank you for the warning about the narcotics," he adds.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Fortitude Save -
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

EDIT:

David charges up on deck and looks around, his eyes scanning the water, desperately searching for the fallen man.

"Gods damn it," he roars out in anger as he sees the bloody wake.

He leans back from the rail and looks around, studying the horizon.

"What the hell was that thing?" he says to the others.

If the monster is identified, David would like to research it.

His eyes become flinty when there is a mention of "Tribute".

"That means we've been sailing through what it thinks is its 'territory' if it wants tribute," he says, glancing around, seeking for landmarks. If they are in the middle of the water and no landmarks are to be found, he'll ask the helmsmen for their relative position via longitude and latitude and will mark it on his charts below.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Hawkins, here.
TThe elf approaches with his cloak pulled tight against his body to hide something. When he is next to Sawbones he pulls him close and speaks softly.
This is what's left of him. Don't let the others see.

The elf does what he can to shield the exchange. Thankfully it was dark and most were staring at the railing.

Adriel is giving Doc the leftover foot


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
Adriel is giving Doc the leftover foot

David looks at the bundle, his eyes hard.

He wraps it up in the blanket, and takes it from him.

"Thanks," he says, his eyes scanning the sea.

"Did you get a look at what it was? They said it was able to speak Common, so it sounds like it wasn't a shark or something..." he adds, trying to figure things out; what it was, and if it will come back...


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
Tulita Warrior, NPC wrote:
The first mate looks at Dirk and smiles, "Why man does anything can be a mystery." He shrugs, But Fort Stormshield is over 100 years old, built long before the founding of Port Shaw." He drinks from his tankard. "It was built by an elven shipping guild attempting to reclaim territory once held by elves during Sammerlock Sails’ ancient supremacy over the Razor." He finishes his goblet. "The elves purchased the plateau east of present-day Port Shaw and erected Fort Stormshield to protect them from pirates."

David peers at the map.

"So you're saying that the fort is east of the town, then?" he says as he studies it.

"This map's got the fort west of the town," he says, shaking his head, then looks up.

"Oh well - no accounting for bad cartography," he says with a small smile.

That appears to be a typo/proofreader error in the RC material.


Evil GM

Darius and Adriel were asked for know: arcana or nature rolls if they had it for identification.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

And I did roll. Got a 15 for Arcana


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
That appears to be a typo/proofreader error in the RC material.

Good times! I was really confused when I saw the map initially. If we're really trying to build a basecamp on the mainland at some point then I didn't want to be building flush against problems on the mainland.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

I have neither of those skills.


Evil GM
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
And I did roll. Got a 15 for Arcana

You simply knows it's a sea dragon knows as a Benthic Serpent.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain examines the deck and begin explain that the beast you've described sounds like Olaus the Grey, a terrible and fierce sea dragon that prows the Razor Coast and beyond. Wise sailors always carry goat or sheep for sacrifice and apparently, it's tribute demand has risen. "Many creatures...some worse than Olaus demand tribute." As he talks there is call for the assistance below deck.

"Excuse me." He hurries below.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"So, are we okay for now? The Sea Dragon is sated for the moment and we can pass through safely?"

Bri stares out at the sea as she speaks, wondering if the beast is lurking just below the surface, still watching them.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

At the sound of the title Sea Dragon, David pauses, trying to recall what that may be...

Knowledge: Arcana check to help decipher things -
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

He scowls at the waves in disgust, then turns to Embrianna.

"If that whoreson of a dragon needs tribute he got it - why the hell did he need to take one of our mates?"

He shakes his head.

"Dragons normally tend to be an arrogant lot... but I don't get why it had to murder one the crew after it got its godsdamned tribute," he says, staring at the waves.

I suspect he might know more depending on what the roll reveals - at which point he'll share the information with his companions.


The sounds of some frantic action reverberate from below deck. The Girt of what you hear is "We're taking on water."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

Dirk form the description(s) that you were provided you recall some story about an aquatic dragon known as a Benthic Serpent. A fierce-some evil predator of the deep, related to the line of dragons, that have been known to hypnotize with its stare and capsize even warships. They take pride is stealing the treasure off the ships that they destroy. Being aquatic fire is useless.

That is all the information that you know based on your roll.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

In response to Dirk, "Obviously, we must have crossed paths in an earlier life my fair gentleman for the venom y'speak.- for I know not of this college that y'speak."

He bows, "Port Shaw is a wicked place prone to much violence, I doubt you and your dark mood will survive long...especially, if unaccompanied by your friends. That is the nature of the place. You are too demanding, condescending, and with all due respect Sir a..." He stops as he remembers that he is speaking to an officer and holds his tongue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

Astri and Dirk:
Since the two of you have taken the most interest in the logbook and the maps you have figured out where this holy area, Ho'oka'la, is located on the map. This is where the totem was taken from.

If you look at the RC overview map just north of Kai's Bay (where Port Shaw is located) is the Cove of the Dead Gods. The cove is West of the Pearl Eye Atoll. That is the location.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Embrianna heads quickly to her bunk to throw on her clothes, gather her stuff and heads to the area of trouble on the ship. She wants to see if she can be of any help to the current problem of the ship taking on some water.


The first mate scrambles topside; "Astri...Darius... get three others to boil tar...NOW !"

He scans the crowd, "Sath...Bri you've any magic or prayers t'elp? gotta git the water under control."


M Gnome Expert/bard

"Carpenters!!! MOVE IT."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Elf wit me to the bilge."


make whole: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3, 3) = 14

Below deck there one of the sailors has exhausted a spell and patched on small section of the starboard side haul.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Embrianna heads quickly to her bunk to throw on her clothes, gather her stuff and heads to the area of trouble on the ship. She wants to see if she can be of any help to the current problem of the ship taking on some water.

Bri by the time you grab some clothes and gear below deck is buzzing with activity. An obvious spellcaster is working to patch one of three holes that are gushing water. There is a crew using planks to curb another hole. The captain is fighting to get a plank up on the third hole, there are two unconscious sailors near him, their heads bleeding. Obviously, the water forced them backwards striking their heads.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri rushes to the bleeding sailors, using her heal hex on each of them.

heal sailor 1: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 4) + 5 = 17
heal sailor 2: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 7) + 5 = 17

Embrianna will then attempt to help the captain get that plank up over the third hole.

Any chance I can use a web spell to help hold the plank over top of the hole?


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:

Bri rushes to the bleeding sailors, using her heal hex on each of them.

[dice=heal sailor 1]2d8+5
[dice=heal sailor 2]2d8+5

Embrianna will then attempt to help the captain get that plank up over the third hole.

Any chance I can use a web spell to help hold the plank over top of the hole?

You can try...perhaps it'll work.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri will try it.


Evil GM

Astri has an incredulous look on her face when the first mate barked an order to boil tar...certainly not the type of work her talents are best suited for but then the harsh reality hit...ships sink.

She quickly joins Darius and three nearby sailors to ready the cauldron. She quickly gets the fire going.

Darius does not hesitate jumping on the order as he grabs the three closest sailors to get to work with him. Getting his hands dirty means nothing to worker.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Bri will try it.

I'm going to give Sath, Dirk, and Adriel a bit of time to post their actions.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

aye captain


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Awakening to the sound of bustle aboard the ship, Sath quickly dresses and grabs her pack and heads out to see where she can help...

Seeing the holes that need patching, Sath walks over to the nearest of them and barks out "Get me some planks over here quick!"

Once the planks are brought over, Sath prays to the spirits of nature to reshape the wood to fill the hole so that it can then be sealed into place- Wood shape spell.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
He bows, "Port Shaw is a wicked place prone to much violence, I doubt you and your dark mood will survive long...especially, if unaccompanied by your friends. That is the nature of the place. You are too demanding, condescending, and with all due respect Sir a..." He stops as he remembers that he is speaking to an officer and holds his tongue.

Response:

"Since I met you me and friends tried to help you, but I barely talked to you."

"You make fun of my casting; you give me smug looks; when I try to get information you treat me like I'm a fool for even asking," David says patiently.

"Me and all my mates had to pay for passage on this ship; that changed when we proved our worth. You got on the ship because we helped you out, and since you've got here all you do is try to seduce the women."

"Sailing takes a lot of work - if you're a good sailor, you might have tried to have helped us more. Or you may have tried to be more decent to the people who rescued you."

He looks at the man.

"I don't think you're a very courteous person to me. Meantime, I've already seen you insult people who try to help you, and you haven't just insulted me; that's not very smart," he adds.

He looks aft for a moment.

"Maybe after sailing with you for a while I may change my mind - but we just met you. Then we saved your life, gave you passage and food and new clothes... and you say I'm being too demanding?"

"How so? Was it when I gave my friends first pick at the loot because I was wracked with guilt for dealing with the spell? And you say I'm too condescending, as - I talk down to you? I don't know - maybe I do, but I haven't seen much in you to inspire confidence yet."

He looks at the man and sighs.

"Maybe that will change - but I guess we'll just have to see what happens."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri will change her action to helping get more planks for Sath after she does the healing then. :)


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Bri by the time you grab some clothes and gear below deck is buzzing with activity. An obvious spellcaster is working to patch one of three holes that are gushing water. There is a crew using planks to curb another hole. The captain is fighting to get a plank up on the third hole, there are two unconscious sailors near him, their heads bleeding. Obviously, the water forced them backwards striking their heads.

David runs down to see how the crew below is doing; he is not a carpenter, but he may be able to aid any who have been wounded.

When he sees the hole on the starboard side of the ship, he turns to one of the men.

"What if we were to take one of the spare sails and drag it along the hull of the ship? The force of the water will push it into the hole and block the leak; if it's held in place with ropes," he offers.

Depending on how deep the hole is, he may also suggest moving the cargo to the port side, hoping to cause the ship to list somewhat and tilt the hole above the waterline - if it's not too deep, that is.

I have to go back to work; anything else I can do to help, please let me know. Sorry I can't do more...


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Sorry. Busy night at work

The elf doubles over to the quartermaster, patting himself down to be sure he still has all his gear.
I'm with you, Henk. Let's go


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Adriel when you and henk arrive in the bilge, Thalios is hunched over waist deep in water feverishly pumping. "Dar's gotta be 'nother hole."


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Earlier in response to Dirk.

Response in front of the crew:

"Not 'elp y'say...I offer'd me services but you all refused me." He points to Dirk, Darius, Sath, and Bri."no weapon and barely a cloak. How was Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, suppose to help? Clubber 'em with my mighty dong?" The crew busts out laughing at this. "I break me a stick wit me own two hands, which I used until the wise one.." he points to Astri, "gave Mordekai a sword but where were you in the fog? Below deck barking orders to like a Captain...not in yer right mind?" He scoffs, "Good sir, surely ye jest about proving me worth. I was unarmored and whacked and struck at the cursed totem!"

He coughs, "Why would I not romance the women...when the sun and the moon are so close there is no reason not to be a shining star to guide them." He winks at Bri and Astri.

"As far as passage...take that up with the captain, not Thalios."

Several crew members step between the two of you making sure the heated exchange doesn't escalate.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel immediately begins searching around in the water, near the walls so he can (hopefully) feel the inflow to find the hole
Perception if needed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Thrasher, shrieks a bit at being so close to the water, but he could FEEL his master wanted him close so he did not fly away, but is cranky all the same.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Comment during the response to the crew:
Bri turn to Astri. "Well, I can't say anyone could blame Dondrel for immediately trying to seduce us. He is hardly to first person on ship to try to vie for our attention right?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Response to Thalios:

David looks at Thalios and holds up his hands to ward off the gestures to go with the words as Thalios reaches for his manhood.

”Look, just keep your cock in your pants, alright?” he says with a tired voice.

Oooohhh the crew cries out with mock applause and chuckles, expecting trouble to be brewing any minute to liven up their day.

But David isn’t in the mood for such displays. He just wants some peace, the chance to travel with his friends and the chance to make a worthwhile contribution to something better.

Yeah, sure... But all I’ve done on this mission so far is to delay the inevitable death of some innocent people because of a plague I couldn't cure... Then I managed to get just myself – and no one else – driven insane on a god's cursed ship…

Embrianna wrote:
"Well, I can't say anyone could blame Dondrel for immediately trying to seduce us. He is hardly to first person on ship to try to vie for our attention right?"

David turns and looks at Embrianna.

”Sorry, didn’t mean to speak for either of you – I just think you both deserve classier than that guy is treating you is all,” he says with a sigh, then heads off.

Meanwhile -

baldwin the merciful wrote:
...there are two unconscious sailors near him, their heads bleeding. Obviously, the water forced them backwards striking their heads.

David will still do what he can to help these men. As Embrianna has already healed them, he will move their bodies from the waterline so they don't drown or become covered with the inrush of water.

He says nothing more on suggestions to help plug the hole as it seems that the men have their orders.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius sets to work on the tar as best he could. As batches of the sticky substance became ready, he made sure one of their number was getting the stuff where it needed to be.

Just keeping tabs on things. Still slammed.


Evil GM

Darius grabs two runners to scurry the hot tar down to the where it is needed.

2,151 to 2,200 of 14,076 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.