Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


2,201 to 2,250 of 14,076 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Adriel you fine one small leak in the bilge which is under water. As fast a Henk and Thalios pump the water continues to seep inside.

Whereas the Bri and Sawbones heal the two unconscious crew members while the crew holds wood in place for Sath to shape it. Darius' runners continuously move back and forth between decks with hot tar to slather on the seals.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Captain we need 'elp down 'ere." The cry from the bilge echoes.

By the time aid gets to the bilge the water is chest high and well over the Captain's head.

Who is going in the bilge with Henk, Adriel, and Thalios?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri answers the call to help down in the bilge.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel begins to look around for a piece of wood and a rag, tearing at his shirt as necessary.

The hole is underwater. We need to fashion a plug or something! Keep pumping.
The elf scrambles to find anything that can plug the hole.
Henk, do we have tools for this?

Assuming nothing better is available, he will take his heavy pick off his belt and try to force the point into the hole, using material from
his own shirt as wadding

When he has fashioned his makeshift plug he doves under to try to close the leak.

Stregth check to push pick into leak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

After the men have been moved to safety, David notices that the wooden planks are merely cracked at the seams… The ship doesn’t seem to have a specific large hole in it, per se, but the beams have been slammed hard, likely by the Sea Dragon, and consequently the beams have been damaged and the fixtures have likely been broken.

He takes a loose pebble and casts Light on it, then throws it into the deep inflow of water – the light giving a golden hue to where the beams are damaged and the joists outright damaged or broken.

As soon as he’s able to see them, he stands a few feat above the waterline and raises his hand and casts Mending on the cracked spars and damaged joists; resealing the wood and cracks as soon as possible.

Mending.

Other than the casting, he is relatively silent, focusing on the spell.

Unfortunately the spell takes some time to cast... Still; he will do what he can to repair the vessel at this time.

The spell takes 10 minutes to cast. If the guys can formally get the leaks plugged at least for a little while, then in a short time they’ll be sealed over formally with the Spell which removes even the "Broken" condition and can even restore HP. It won't work on the entire ship, but it should work on the damaged parts of it; such as "broken boards" or "cracked (broken) beams" - I hope :)

I don't know if Astrianna, Embrianna or Sath has Mending memorized, but if any of them do, David will happily accept their help with the the magic.

Question: If 2 people use “Mending” on the same object, does it speed up the casting time? In other words – would 2 people only take 5 minutes? Or would it be better for me and anyone else who has it memorized to concentrate on different cracks in the ship’s seams?


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

If the first hole that she worked on is now sealed, Sath wil go on to the third (and final hole in this area to repeat the process, shaping planks and wood to seal the hole- Another casting of Wood shape


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
If the first hole that she worked on is now sealed, Sath wil go on to the third (and final hole in this area to repeat the process, shaping planks and wood to seal the hole- Another casting of Wood shape

Thanks, Sath :)


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Well someone can fix mine. Unless Baldwin let's me find a plug, I may be losing my pick...


Evil GM

Adriel you are able to find the hole underwater, it's looks like the seam between planks is crushed in, it looks significant to your non-sailing eye. Certainly more than a pick or rag can plug.

All the other holes in the lower hold have now been patched enough to prevent any more "new" water from coming in from those specific locations.


Evil GM

In case anyone was wondering you are missing one lifeboat. The captain did not want to draw attention nor inquire about securing the second boat when in the port. It was a bit too dangerous for him at that time.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel surfaces with his pick still in hand.
The leak looks significant to me, all along a seem between 2 planks. I don't know how to seal it. We'd need a long strip and tar, but that won't work underwater. Ideas? Anyone? Can any of the casters fix it? I don't have that spell.

The elf had learned alot on this journey, but short of a spell or lengthy repairs in a dry dock, he was lost for a solution. ..


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:

Adriel surfaces with his pick still in hand.

The leak looks significant to me, all along a seem between 2 planks. I don't know how to seal it. We'd need a long strip and tar, but that won't work underwater. Ideas? Anyone? Can any of the casters fix it? I don't have that spell.

The elf had learned alot on this journey, but short of a spell or lengthy repairs in a dry dock, he was lost for a solution. ..

David looks at Adriel.

"A broken beam - like a broken door, or a broken shield - is still a broken item and it should be able to be mended... The crack between the beams is a result of damage - but the spell should repair it; so long as we have at least ten minutes," he says.

"I am casting the spell now," he adds.

He glances at the side of the hull.

"Sails are thick canvas, they should do well enough while the spell is being cast... If we took a sail and attached it to cord and lowered over the side of the ship - much like keel-hauling a man - then when the sail moves over the hole the inrush of water will force it into the broken spars... Sails are large, normally thirty or forty feet square; we should have more than enough sail to block the leakage... Meantime, the ropes attached to the sail that are attached to the outside of the ship will prevent the sail from being forced through the seams, but it should plug the leak well enough to hold, for a time, I'd think..."

"At which point we should have more than enough time to repair the cracks with sorcery."

"If that's not enough we can - perhaps - have someone with skill to speak an elemental call forth an element of air to help use a whirlwind to draw out the water from below decks while we work at fixing it," he says with a tight, desperate voice.

"And at least we can be pumping water out of the hold in the meantime while we cast," he says looking at the others.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel looks to Henk, Hawkins WAS an officer.....
I'll run up and see what I can do. Anyone not pumping water or fixing the hole should give me a hand with the sail.

He waits but a moment to see if Henk is going to cancel that command, if not then he dashes upstairs.

Baldwin, do we have access to our 5th level abilities yet? Adriel can FLY for 5 minutes a day now, which could be very useful getting the sail in place...


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

No access to 5th level abilities yet. You need to rest first.

Henk, Thalios and two otehr crew members frantically work the bilge pump. "We'll git ya the time damnit, just work.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain yells to crew to get a sail over the side..."Sawbones, git on it. sounds like someone needs to get under water and wrap the sail or else it'll float away. This hole is under water." He looks at doctor.

"I want a second team of pumpers swapping out here. Get the tar ready it points to others, get the repair planks ready. Casters get to work. The rest of you up and help Adriel with those sails."

The ship wizard steps up to help with the mend spell.

Nobody contradicts Adriel's response.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Having gone up to help with the sail, Bri sighs and looks less than happy with what she is about to volunteer for since there might still be a large sea dragon in the waters.

"I suppose I am the best choice for wrapping the sail under water. I can at least use magic to breath under underwater for a bit, so can stay under for as long as it takes to get it in place."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Actually Bri, I'll do it- I can conjure air for long enough to get the sail in place plus I'm more at home in the water than you are."
Sath says as she steps forward.


Evil GM

You both can go {insert evil laugh}


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"We will both go then. It wouldn't hurt to have someone on the lookout for anything while we are under there. Like that sea dragon, or sharks, or who knows what else that has bothered to stir from the depths."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Going out for the morning soon, relevant abilities listed below:

Water related stuff:

Water Lung (Su):
An air-breathing target can breathe water or an aquatic target can breathe air. This lasts 1 minute. If the witch uses this hex on herself, she can maintain it while she sleeps, allowing her to safely sleep underwater.

Ocean's Daughter: The changeling gains a +1 trait bonus on Swim checks. She automatically succeeds at Swim checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from swimming.

Swim (expert class skill) +5 [1rank+3inclass+1racial]


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Embrianna wrote:
"We will both go then. It wouldn't hurt to have someone on the lookout for anything while we are under there. Like that sea dragon, or sharks, or who knows what else that has bothered to stir from the depths."

"Sea dragon got its tribute - hopefully that'll be enough... And I'm also hoping that a huge sea dragon will have scared any sharks away for miles; but I don't rightly know..." he says in response, then he turns and looks at the casters -

"Is anyone else able to help with the spell?" he asks them; not knowing who - if anyone - is able to also cast "Mending" at this time.

Noticing how the sea foam has already started to mold the white tunic to Embrianna's torso before she plunges her body into the icy water, David's casting almost seems distracted by some errant thought...

He shakes his head as if to clear it and then turns and focuses hard on the damaged hull and his spell.

Concentrate!

At this point he says no more but tries to keep his mind on the spell...

Off to work! See you all later tonight :)


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Relevant underwater adaptations for Sath:

Athletic- +2 to Climb and +2 Swim skill.

Natural Swimmer- She has a natural Swim Speed of 15ft. Does not need to make skill checks for movement at swim speed, can take 10 on swim rolls even while distracted/endangered, +8 Swim for special action/avoid hazard, and can use the run action while swimming in a straight line.

Aquatic Adaptation- +2 Initiative, Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival, and Swim skills while in Aquatic terrain and cannot be tracked through such terrain.

Touched by the Sea- +1 to swim checks and penalties on attack rolls underwater are lessened by 1.

Swim +5 (+1) (+3) (+2) (+1) / (+8) [+12] / [+20]


Evil GM

Are you either or both of you attaching a rope to yourself before going into the water?

I need two perception checks, 2 swim checks and 2 sailor checks (sailor to rig/wrap the sail)

Sath do you have any more shape wood spells available?


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Yes, Sath with attach a rope to herself, just in case she needs to make a hasty retreat from the water. She has one more 2nd level slot left for Wood Shape.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Swim: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
Swim: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
I'm guessing the special action/avoid hazard bonus applied here to her swimming

Sailor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Sailor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

If you had another wood shape you'd be able to repair the ship from inside the bilge. So no need to venture overboard...sorry. I was trying to incorporate every player's suggestions into the fix but thought maybe you had another spell.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius sees some of the crew working with the sail and calls out, "What's going on down below!?!?"


Evil GM

Sath is able to repair the last of the leaks from within the bilge as the others worked frantically on readying an alternative solution. The crew takes shifts throughout the remaining night and well into the morning to pump the bilge.

Everyone is eventually able to rest. You are leveled now.


M Gnome Expert/bard

the next day goes by uneventfully, there are a few sails in the horizon crossing paths but nothing to raise an alarm.

"Just a normal crossing to the Razor." the captain boast during the next evening meal. "We'll be passing Witch's Teeth to Portside in come sunrise then we'll head on into Kai's Bay. We should make Port Shaw the following day," He pauses, "About midday."

After a saluting toast to the crew he asks Adriel to gather the group in his cabin in an hour's time.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Woo, new level :)

Bri spends the day going about her regular duties as well as taking a turn at pumping out the bilge.

She will report to the Captain's cabin with Adriel when he informs her of the summons.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel spends much of the morning practicing his forms and slashes at the back of the ship. He is shirtless, lathered in sweat and moving with incredible focus.
Something happened last night. His continued study and practice had unlocked a deeper resovior of magic. And moreso he had the dreams again. Whispers from someone, something that was drawing him through darkness and flame to find the light.
He spun and danced.
Always it started and darkness and flame and screams.
But it was not his place.
He somersaulted a barrel and managed a slash downward. A weak blow, but one he'd never achieved mid flip in the past.
He felt stronger, lighter.
And the dream pulled him away ffrom that place of his birth. From Scarwood and the free devils that roamed there.
Jumping spin back kick with a Scimitar fient.
Upward the leapt.
All the way to the top of the mast.....

What the hells?! remarked the crows nest lookout as Adriel understood the meaning of the dream.

He looked at the scared sailor.
My patron will carry me to the light.

Then the elf felt the power he'd unlocked to jump to the Mast.
REAL FLIGHT.
He 'ssprinted' straight up as fast as he could, screaming with joy the whole way. He did wide loops and cut low across the mast. Did a full wide lap of the ship and came to know joy, with the realization this gift had a duration. 1 minute of FLIGHT hex used today

Then he landed on the deck to a mix of whistles and open mouths. Some were scarred, others impressed. None had seen him properly fly before and some had not seen anyone fly ever. Even those few casters among the crew could barely manage a cantrip.
Fear and Awe.
A Powerful combination.
He decided to break the tension.
Well I guess Virgin nobles in their high windows are no longer safe. Ha

He sheathes his scimitar and collects his gear.
The show was over.
------------------------------------

Later the ccaptain ordered him to gather his companions for a meeting.
Aye, Captain


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius is leaning against the mast when Adriel lands, his arms and legs crossed casually. As the elf passes his position, Darius smirks and says, "Show off," in jest at the caster.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

When the ship is safe and the boards are repaired David will strip off most of his wet clothes down to his boots, trousers and weapon's belt for now.

Heading aloft he watches the elf fly around over the others thoughtfully as he ties his wet hair back from his shoulders.

"Well, flying is a useful power," he muses.

He looks aft toward the captain's quarters and wonders what the meeting will be about.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The group knocks on the captain's door and a few moment's later he bellows, "Enter." there is thick cloud of cigar smoke lingering in the room on his desk you can see the stubs of two cigars and the captain has a freshly lit one between his teeth. He waves you forth. "Enter...enter be at ease." He points to the open cherry wood box that contains his cigars. "Have a smoke."

He waits a few moments let those having a cigar take and light it. "You all have been resourceful and a terrific addition to the crew. The Mother's Blessing is in need of some dire repair when we dock...that'll take some time and I'm not sure how long I'll be there. I try not to stay too long."

"I know you all are getting off but I've favor to ask as your last task on board." He pauses. "You see, Hatchet he had a saltwife (Amaya) and child in the outskirts and well the Code doesn't say anything about compensation for death but there is compensation for loss of limb. I'd like you all to deliver this bag of coin, 800 hundred gold, to the saltwife and his child."

He motions to secured leather back and a sealed letter with the name and address on it.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

A sizable amount captain. Surely the woman will be ruined by the loss of her man, but at least this will help with the child for a long time. She will have to hide an amount this large. It is many times more than a common women would earn in a year.

It was rare that Adriel did something for free, but he sensed his Rose would appreciate the gesture.
I need to stop thinking of her. We are about to hit land and I intend to damn well enjoy myself.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"That is certainly a kind gesture on your part Captain. I am sure that we can deliver it for you."

That should be just a quick little errand and then we can explore the town a bit. I certainly want to have a look around and have some fun before I figure out what I should be doing next. Perhaps we will come across some ideas for their little venture. Hopefully it will be something I will have an interest in.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Taking and lighting one of the cigars, Sath inhales a lungful of smoke and then blows out a ring of the thick smoke.

Gnome:
"This is a generous decision on your part Csptain, between your lead on the trip here and this I can see why your crew is so dedicated to you- I shall make sure that the money is delivered to Hatchet's saltwife and child. Even if I don't see you again after we reach the Razor, I shall still consider you a powerful influence on my life."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"And perhaps, should our paths cross again, we could continue to find profitable ventures to work together on," Darius adds, offering his hand to the gnome for a polite handshake.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain mentions just before you leave his cabin a few words of wisdom, "Port Shaw is filled with danger, excitement, and adventure. Plenty of each on depending on your pleasure." He blows out one massive smoke rings. "As a whole the people are racially intolerant towards the Tulitas...sort makes sense since the colonist stole the tribes land...or so they say. Guess that depends on your point of view though." He sighs. "I've seen many a wealthy men come to the Port full of hope and end up in gutter dead broke. then I've seen others thrive in the environment."

"Couple folks of note, I'm not judging them and I've earned some good coin from them. Old man, Barrison Hargrove, sort of runs things. Pays well but is demanding." He coughs. "Gregory Bonedeuce, Commandant of Municipal Dragoons, Commander of Fort Stormshield. Basically leads the law enforcement he dangerous but if you get on his good side, life can be good. Loves to fiddle, damn good at it too. Oh, you'll know a dragoon by their blue uniforms."

He shuffles a few papers then mentions, "Captain Bethany Razor is damn capable if you ever need ship...Quell's Whore runs fast, but she's expensive. Beautiful woman, wonderful smile if you can get one from her. Never quite the same since her husband died." He leaves it at that.

"Then there's Captain Mongomery “If it floats, he can sail it.” He laughs, ' Pirates and smugglers all feared Montgomery, who seemed able to sniff them out of any fog or cove and track them across the Razor Sea. Captain Montgomery could harness a quartermaster’s belch and turn it into a 12-knot wind."He pauses, "Been in the drinks lately, so he tends to be the Bawd district or The Vintage his sloop."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, they certainly sound like a group of people that could be useful to know, especially if we start up any sort or business venture out here. Thank you Captain."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David takes a cigar and lights it, watching the captain and listening to him.

As his companions offer their opinions he looks at them as well, listening to what they have to say and what they think about the information.

As he listens he enjoys the smoke; but for now he simply seems interested in learning what everyone thinks and where they stand on the issues before them.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain nods and stands, "Enjoy the rest of evening we'll be docking in Port Shaw at midday." He motions to the door.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna chews on her cigar, not really in the mood for smoking at the moment. She's upset she both missed seeing the dragon and then she had to boil tar like some kind of peasant defending a castle. Worst of all, there was nothing else she could have done, and was definitely depressed at her uselessness in the situation.

However, the bard still takes out her journal and begins to write down names and a line or two of notes while the Captain speaks. This is my forte. Once we get to Shaw they'll be begging me to hit up the locals and grease palms...

Later that night, Astrianna stomps around deck, clapping her hands and singing her tale of Thalios Dondrel to the crew on deck. She was inspired to repeat the lewd ballad after witnessing the argument between Thalios and David.

"Oh now listen to my jaunty tale,
of the Son of Mordekai!

He traveled the seas in search of tail,
the man would leave no skirt dry!

I saw him once fight with-out a sword
plumb nude, he was, while on-board.

He grasped a club and laid twenty dead,
'for I saw this might-y stick.

It flopped about and filled me with dread-
it was no club, but his prick!"

Perform: Sing: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Later that night, Astrianna stomps around deck, clapping her hands and singing her tale of Thalios Dondrel to the crew on deck. She was inspired to repeat the lewd ballad after witnessing the argument between Thalios and David.

David watches Astrianna sing. Alabaster sits in his lap and he pets the cat softly.

He says nothing, simply listening to her song...


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath walks over and sits down across from Dirk.

Aquan:
"Feeling better now? If not, I could always set Thalios on fire to lighten your mood. Hehehehe."

Chuckling, she took out her Ever-Full Mug and quaffed the fine ale which it contained.

"Cheer-up Dirk, landfall soon."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"Cheer-up Dirk, landfall soon."

David continues to stroke Alabaster, and looks up at Sath, smiling somewhat.

Response in Aquan:

”I don’t know – I guess so…” he says slowly.

”I mean, I feel as good as I can be expected; but – I don’t know – right now my heart feels kind of heavy… I’m missing energy... passion... enthusiasm...”

He glances at the wake of the ship as it sails.

”When I wanted to ship out when I was younger it was because my life at home was… the sea offers freedom, you know? It gives me the chance to see wonderful and unusual things – unique and special things…”

He looks at Sath thoughtfully.

”The thing on that ship? It – I don’t know… It just made me feel the opposite… Powerless – like a slave… no control over my actions, my life, my freedom… My choices were pretty much non-existent…”

He looks at the ship, then back to Sath and smiles.

”Who knows? Maybe when we get to harbor we’ll have more opportunities,” he says with a grin.

”I guess we’ll just have to see what happens next.”


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Aquan:
"That feeling of powerlessness? I know that feeling- it's part of the reason I dress and act the way I do. You can't let that feeling beat you, you just need to take your power back or find a way to create new power for yourself. But yes, a whole new land awaits us- who knows what we shall find and see?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Response in Aquan:

”You’re a good friend,” he says looking at Sath.

”I appreciate that.”

He looks at their wake for a while, thinking about something.

After a few moments he turns back to Sath.

”I won’t forget your friendship – I promise you that,” he adds, his tone sincere.

He looks at the sky for a while, then looks back to Sath.

More in Aquan:

“The sea will grant each man new hope
– and sleep brings dreams of home.”

He smiles softly and continues to pet Alabaster softly.


Evil GM

Next morning you see two war frigates about mile ahead of your ship both are heading to Port Shaw.

There is excitement in the air. The crew is eager to stretch there legs and spend their coin. The First Mate beckons all to remain focused. A few hours later you can see the two war frigates have docked near one another and your ship is preparing to pull into a slip. Lines are readied for casting.

Port Shaw Dockside


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Whenever the Captain walks about the deck to check on things, Bri moves up to him to ask about the frigates.

"'Scuse me Captain, but are there often war frigates like those docking here? Just wondering if it meant anything unusual was going on before we disembark."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius looks out over the dock with excitement, an excitement he hasn't felt in years. Finally, he was free of the reach of his family, of Cheliax, of everything.

Here, he was certain, he could do whatever he wanted, and with the coin at his disposal, nothing should be able to stand in his way.

When there was little more to contribute to the docking process, he gathered up the rest of his boarding companions.

"Ok, once we finish our little delivery to the widow, we are free to go our own ways. However, I personally think it would be best if we stuck together. None of us know this place well enough to go it alone, especially given what we've heard so far. Let's find out what is really going on in this town, then we can find us a safe spot to celebrate. After, we can look in to what we want to do as far as this business venture we've discussed. See what we can put together to take advantage of the available services and markets that this little port may be in need of."

2,201 to 2,250 of 14,076 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.