Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,801 to 1,850 of 14,076 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

RD 2

Initiative Order:

Adriel -
Undead -
Dirk -
Sath -
Darius -
Capt Cray, undead -
Henk -
Bri -
Totem -
Astri -

I'll update the map this evening.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Startled by the sound of the hatch slamming, Bri moves farther away from it. steps to E,6

Can I see either the second zombie or the totem from there?


Evil GM

Bri I need to update the map and make sure the grid lines haven't shifted to certain. I believe you are going to be within 5 ft of the totem so you should see it, the second zombie appears to be out of your vision, but the first one is next to you.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Ok, I can only use Burning gaze once against a target. So if I can't see the second zombie, but can see the totem, then I will use Burning Gaze to set fire to the Totem this round.

Additional damage this round to the flaming zombie: Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
And for the next target of my Burning Gaze: Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius will continue to move through the fog, searching for whatever Henk is fighting. While he wasn't fond of the man's attitude, he was not gonna just leave him to deal with this ship alone.
__________
Going to continue towards Henk. If I can get close enough to attack/flank, lemme know.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Seeking a tactical advantage against the zombie, Sath attempts an acrobatic leap over the creature, to land directly behind it.

Going for the Acrobatics roll to get behind zombie, setting up a flank with Bri- move action.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Vs. opponent CMD as DC

She will then attempt to hack the damn thing's head off with her scimitar.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Baldwin:
I'm going to wait to see what the totem wills Astrianna / the others to do, if anything, before I make my post for the round.

Don't forget your DC 10 dexterity check for rolling a fumble Sath! Not that I want your scimitar to go flying across the deck.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David has now packed everything neatly in his pack.

He hears the shouting above, well muffled by the doors, the deck, the various twists and turns throughout the ship and flicks some errant dust of his lapel.

”Ah! You’ve a good eye for woodwork,” he says amicably to Astrianna via her comments about the frame.

”As for what caused the blemish; well – I could go into a rather elaborate and overly detailed embellished tale about what the particulars are with regards to what caused that minor mark, but why should I do that when the true tale is far more… intriguing?” he says with a smile.

He reaches to pet Alabaster, who seems far more interested on what is going on aloft, but David merely strokes the cat gently.

”There, there my lad,” he says to the cat in a soothing voice ”let the peons bumble about above; but as the formal Captain of this vessel it is my duty to finalize these details with the lovely lass lounging there,” he says with a nod of his head to Astrianna as Alabaster seems to be smoldering with impatience about staying in the cabin, but it seems that he says nothing about it because – ironically – that something has the cat's tongue at this time…

”We can’t be troubled with scrubbing and mopping the main deck when art is on the line,” David adds emphatically, as if he does not really know what's going on aloft.

As he looks at her thoughtfully, the haze of madness which has fogged his thinking seems to clear for a bit, and for a brief moment he seems to remember some errant detail of his true past with her, then he shakes his head – the moment seeming to pass.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Not to be outdone by the fumbling Darius, Adriel reverses direction and heads back towards Henk. He swift draws his wand and renews his shield spell.


Evil GM

Adriel cast shield with his wand and moves 30 feet. Thrasher is becoming agitated and squawking.

Darius double moves.

Bri moves and casts her burning gaze. She can only see the one zombie and she in next tot he totem. She tries to burn the totem.

Sath you need a dex check to see if you drop your weapon. You only had to do a 5 ft step to flank, no actro need. You would have failed the acro check anyway.

Thrasher and Astri:
You both get the sense that you need to go up and talk sense and stop folks form hurting the totem.

Dirk:

You get an urge to go top side and see why the crew is tryign to harm your ship

Main deck map

Lower Deck

I did the moves listed above.


Evil GM

RD 2 update

Initiative Order:

Adriel - shiled and moved
Undead -
Dirk -
Sath - 5 ft step and possible dropped weapon
Darius - double moves
Capt Cray, undead -
Henk -
Bri - 5 ft step and burning gaze
Totem -
Astri -


Evil GM

Rd 2; Zombie

Zombie attack on Bri,

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19;dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

reflex save to quench gaze: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

the second Zombie continues in his defensive position but becasue of the fog he is not seen.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Dex Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Evil GM

The totem gets Bri's attention with her burning gaze,

fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The mast burns a bit.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

Astrianna giggles flirtatiously at "Captain" Hawkins, handing the painting off to him. "Oh do begin, Captain. Educate a lady."

When he is about to speak the bard suddenly goes rigid, and her pupils momentarily dilate. She shakes her head rapidly, and places fingers on her foreehead. "On deck... the totem. Those fools! Hawkins, they're trying to destroy the totem, the beautiful totem!"

The half-elf rips the door open and jogs through the ship, one hand along the wall as she searches for a set of stairs- the only one she knows of is by the Cabin, where they entered.

Double Move: Astrianna begins making her way to the stairs at M1 with a 60' double move. I think that puts me at L2 or L3.


Evil GM

The unmistakeable sound of the scimitar bouncing off the wooden decking causes the druid angst.


Evil GM

RD 2 Capt Cray

The capt continues to hack at Henk wiht his cutlass,

att, 2-hands: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Henk grunts loudly as his thigh gushes open.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 2: henk

"Trouble!"

The quartermaster tries ot plant his heavy pick in the skull,

att: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28;dam, 2 hands: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"Bastard!"


Evil GM

Astri you run past the elf and you are right behind Darius who is in L:3. You are in M:3 since tow can't occupy the same hex.


Evil GM

RD 2 update

Initiative Order:

Adriel - shiled and moved
Undead - hit Bri for 8 Hp
Dirk -
Sath - 5 ft step and possible dropped weapon
Darius - double moves
Capt Cray, undead - hit henk for 9 hp
Henk - hits capt cray for 6 hp
Bri - 5 ft step and burning gaze
Totem -
Astri - double move


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

A double move would put me at L:3.... If I traveled there, that is...

David turns to look at the flirtatious half-elf as she suddenly charges away from him and down the hall.

The sight of her rushing out seems to banish the madness from his mind for a moment, and he shakes his head, as if trying to clear it.

He looks around the cabin thoughtfully, determined not to leave anything behind.

GM - David will make one more sweep of the cabin to make sure he didn't miss anything. He will take whatever it is he missed. If there is nothing left he will gather his things and follow his companions. I don't know how much movement I can make at this point as I don't know how long it will take me to make the final search. Also, David is not in a hurry to go aloft to do mundane chores and the like.

Given that his crew are likely being problematic, he'll take a belaying pin on the way up (I assume this would be akin to a light mace or a wooden stake; basically a belaying pin is a simple club used by officers to correct insubordinate sailors). Just let me know how long all that takes, and how far I can go with all that to do first.


Evil GM

Dirk

Darius in is L:3

Search will take a std action, so you will have 30 ft of movement. It can take a full round if you like.


Evil GM

the totem does not take an action other than twist to put the flame out.

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Evil GM

RD 3

Initiative Order:

Adriel -
Undead -
Dirk -
Sath -
Darius -
Capt Cray, undead -
Henk -
Bri -
Totem -
Astri -

Main Deck

Lower Deck
*I left Dirk in the capt cabin for the time being


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

Astrianna continues to jog down the hallway, drawing her Maheto blade from its scabbard with a piercing shing. She finally finds the stairs, looking up. "Henk?! What's happening?"

She hears the sound of fighting and begins to sing, the bard breaking into a fierce Draconic chant that praises the ancient dragons of the world and their mastery of the elements.

Move Action: Move to M0

Standard Action: Begin Inspire Courage.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Round Three

Darius continues his path towards the sounds of Henk's battle.
__________
Darius will move to join the fight. If he can, he will risk an AoO to get in Flanking position and attack.

MWK Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16, +2 if can Flank.
Longsword Damage if Hit: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Since the zombie managed to put his fire out, that means Bri can turn her gaze back on him to try to set him afire again.

3rd and last use of Burning Gaze
damage to zombie: 1d6 ⇒ 6

...and for the mast
Continued burn damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Dirk

Darius in is L:3

Search will take a std action, so you will have 30 ft of movement. It can take a full round if you like.

I'll take a Full Round action for my round.

Does that reveal anything else? If so, let me know. If not, it was worth a try.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath throws fire at the Zombie, having dropped her scimitar and not wanting to risk picking it up right at the moment.

Thrown Flames: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I have 60ft of Movt. If I double move. More than enough to get up to Henk and set up a flank

Adriel completes his casting of SHIELD and sprints round the bend, the sound of his scimitar scraping along the wall can be heard as he uses it as a guide along the wall, deftly overtaking Astrianna and Darius with a hop and spin he dashes up the stairs.

This put him in an uncomfortable position, with the untrustworthy Darius at his back and the incompetent, bumbling bard behind him as well.

Come, songbird your VOICE is inspired, if not your swordplay. Darius, follow behind and reach past with your glaive!

It was dangerous. Very dangerous. For he did not trust the man. But he knew Darius was too much of a coward to try anything while the group was threatened. And Astrianna, for all her feigned dislike of him WAS attracted to Adriels abilities. She would not allow the fighter to kill him at least until they had bedded!

Now THAT'S vanity


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Lol. Ultimate vanity, achieved.


Evil GM

Adriel you double move but it's not enough to get behind the creature attacking Henk you can get next to him but take an AOO which I assume is fine with you.

Sath hits with her flame.

Bri the zombie was able to put out the burning gaze last round. I believe he gets a reflex save every round per the spell.

RD 3 update

Initiative Order:

Adriel - double moves next to henk.
Undead -
Dirk -
Sath - flame 8 HP of damage
Darius -
Capt Cray, undead -
Henk -
Bri - 6 HP to mast
Totem -
Astri -

Updated Map Deck


Evil GM

RD 3: Capt AOO on Adriel

The capt swings his cutlass a the newcomer - Adriel. there is quite a bit of blood from henk on the floor.

att, 2-hands: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Evil GM

RD 3 Undead

the zombie being flanked turns on Sath and attacks

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18;dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

the other one moves to E, 4 and attacks Bri (fast moving zombie)

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14;dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Updated Map after Zombies Action


Evil GM

RD 3: Capt Cray

The Capt resumes his assault on Henk,

att, 2-hands: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Fortunately for the quartermaster the undead missed. Clearly distracted by the new threat in the pilot house.


Evil GM

RD 3 update

Initiative Order:

Adriel - double moves next to henk.

Undead - attack Sath 9 Hp, the second attacked Bri and missed if she has MA on. Otherwise it hit for 10 HP.

Dirk -
Sath - flame 8 HP of damage
Darius -
Capt Cray, undead - AOO on Adriel hit for 6 HP? Missed henk
Henk -
Bri - 6 HP to mast
Totem -
Astri -


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 3 Henk

The quartermaster chops down with his heavy pick,

att: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29;dam, 2 hands: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

confirm crit:
att: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 2, 6) + 15 = 25

the undead crumples under Henk's mighty blow.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf dodges to the side but in the narrow confines of the stairway is unable to avoid the blow, fortunately, the wound is not serious.
Before he is able to make his own counter, Henk drops the Undead thing.
Well, next time I won't bother to rush. Well done, Quartermaster. And I still owe you that drink.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Yes, he does a get a reflex save each round. So after I saw him put out the flames in round 2, Bri was going to try to set him afire again in round 3. This will be the last round that she can use her Burning Gaze in.

And Bri should still have MA up. She had cast it before boarding the ship and it lasts 3 hours for her.

Also, heavy picks are nasty. I've had a paladin one-shotted by one of those before.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

GM - I'd take my action, but I'm still waiting to hear from you about about the last post I made. When I know more, I can act.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

Astrianna watches from below as Henk plants his pick into the undead's ear, splitting its head like a ripe melon against the walls of the cabin. She deftly hops up the stairs and past the two men, still chanting in draconic.

Jumping from the cabin and onto the deck, Astrianna can see the flames through the fog. "STOP! Don't harm the totem! How can you destroy such a beautiful work of art?!"

Boots pound against the deck as she approaches the totem, and sees a zombie attacking Embrianna from the side. The bard charges forward through the mist with her sword low, ready to sweep her blade into its torso, using Embrianna as a distraction.

Longsword attack on E4 fast zombie with flank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 9

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Fumble Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Super Fumble?!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Free Action:Maintain Inspire courage

Move action 30' move to E3 or D4 if Darius beats me there.

Standard action action Flail around like a stupid idiot in an attempt to attack fast zombie E4.

Don't forget your +1 to damage and attack!


Evil GM

dirk you found all the items of value or note already in the cabin. the other items are generally limited to mundane clothing, perhaps a more formal garb, and few mundane personal items like combs and bushes. Nothing of value.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"I could use it." Henk has a couple nasty wounds. "gotta be others...keep seeing flashes of flame out on deck."


Evil GM

RD 3 Actions remaining:

dirk
darius
totem

I need the following to make a Will save: Dirk, thrasher, Astri, Darius, Adriel. These will be applied before your 4th Round of action.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

I posted my Rd 3 action.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Evil GM

I missed your post darius, since the baddie is down do you want me to continue having you move outside?


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Yes indeed. And enjoy my surely failed Will save. haha!


Evil GM

Darius:

I was letting everyone possibly break the insanity before the totem battle. Your failed will save simply continues you in the same state of paranoia.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Is this considered an enchantment effect? Half-elfs get a +2 racial enchantment spells and effects, which would be added on to the +6.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I need the following to make a Will save: Dirk, thrasher, Astri, Darius, Adriel. These will be applied before your 4th Round of action.

Save:

David makes his Willpower Save, given the situation, he will try to use Archeologist’s Luck to aid him…
1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

EDIT: Well, here's hoping that there are no "Critical Fails" in Saving Throws...

David feels a strange calling to him, but shakes his head, as if trying to clear it....

Follow Up Question:

So it looks like I'm pretty much stuck being crazy.

Given the situation with the probable attack on the totem I'm honestly not sure how to RP that out in an actual Combat Situation, though. If the madness is going to make me fight my own companions to stop them from destroying the totem then I guess the best solution would to have you NPC me for that, as I'm not really eager to RP me trying to kill my allies.

Keep me posted on how you want it played out, though. Social RP is one thing; but as for combat actions, I'm just not clear how you want it done.

1,801 to 1,850 of 14,076 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.