Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,951 to 2,000 of 14,076 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Evil GM

50% concealment from that distance.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David takes two slices with his weapons on the totem.

Attack with Magical Rapier –
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13

If it hits –
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

If it hits - 20% Miss Chance
1d100 ⇒ 69

Attack with MW Short Sword
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 27

If it hits –
1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

If it hits 20% Miss Chance
1d100 ⇒ 56


Evil GM

Rd 8: DMPC Adriel

Using his moment of freedom Adriel attacks
Cast Defensively DC17: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 = 14

He fails to cast defensively but the totem is busy with others to notice,

Attack, enchant, inspired, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 23
The cesti connects..
1 hand damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8
And sends waves of burning electricity into the animated thing
Electric damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 6) = 12

Between Adriel, Dirk, and Darius' attack the totem is destroyed.

The fog begins to lift and there is a gurgling sound from around the ship.


Evil GM

Thalios and Henk each tumble to the ground, the scant cloak flying open to the wind. Both men are battered.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Between Adriel, Dirk, and Darius' attack the totem is destroyed.

How is are sanity at this time?

As Davids sword slams into the totem he sees it splinter and draws it out and stuffs his weapons into his sheathes.

He looks around at the others -

"Everyone alright?" he says, his voice raw.


Evil GM

Anyone who wants to can make a knowledge sailor check.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Thalios and Henk each tumble to the ground, the scant cloak flying open to the wind. Both men are battered.

Walking over to the fallen men, David eyes them both absently, his eyes lingering on Henk.

His hand rests absently on his dirk and his head cocks to the side.

It would better to kill him now - and so easy...

He glances to his mates and his eyes narrow and he removes his hand from the hilt of the weapon.

While he waits for his companions to give him an "all clear" he moves to the gunwale and glances at the water around him, his eyes searching for any of the sharks that were cruising earlier.

David will talk more once I know more about his mental state.


Evil GM

Dirk you have a splitting, knee wobbling headache as you brace against the remains of the totem. the fog within your mind begins to lift.

rds for recover: 1d4 ⇒ 4

those gripped by paranoia rds to recovery
astri: 1d3 ⇒ 2
thrasher: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Anyone who wants to can make a knowledge sailor check.

Profession: Sailor

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Seeing the thing "die," Darius clutches his ribs. Hearing the sound of gurgling, he calls out, "Get what you can carry and get off this damned ship!"

He then moves to the plank and ushers the others across, keeping it steady.
__________
Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Henk gets up and heads to the pilot house.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna curses under her breath as the totem crackles, splinters, burns, and finally stops moving. The bard stops her newly minted epic about the exploits of Thalios Dondrel, holding her head in one hand. She drops to one knee and groans, rubbing her temple. She can hear the gurgling sound of the ship, but just wants it to go away...

Profession: Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Evil GM

Sailor 12 and above:

the ship is sinking

Sailor 15 and above:

You figure you have about 10 minutes

Sailor 18 and above:

You know this is an usual rate to sink, you figure you only ahve 1 minute before it sinks.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Thalios gets up and gives Astri and hand, 'Come...come, it is not safe here. Thalios would repay your kindness for letting me use such a fine blade."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David looks to where Henk is going; his eyes narrow and he runs his hand over the hilt of his weapon absently.

"Perhaps I should go aid him..." he says to his companions with a soft voice.

A ship this size - if it is indeed sinking - should take about a half hour or so... Plenty of time to do what needs to be done...

He looks at the others.

"In any case everyone seems to be doing alright..." he says, his temples pounding.

If no one says anything, David will indeed follow Henk to assist him...


Evil GM

The fog burns off and the Mother's Blessing's crew is shouting to the boarding party, "Hurry up...get aboard she's sinking quickly."

Another voice yells, "The sharks are leaving."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

The fog burns off and the Mother's Blessing's crew is shouting to the boarding party, "Hurry up...get aboard she's sinking quickly."

Another voice yells, "The sharks are leaving."

David glances aft toward the others.

Then he glances to where Henk has gone.

"Does... does Mister Bash need assistance?" he asks the general crew; his eyes hard on the retreating form of Henk, has hand resting on his weapon hilt.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Someone give me a hand!" The quartermaster yells form the pilot house.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius also would have obviously grabbed his glaive.

"Adriel, Hawk! Help Henk! Rest of you get aboard the Blessing!" he says with a wave of his arm to emphasize his command.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Henk appears at the door dragging the dead captain by the boot, there a cutlass slide into Henk's belt. "He's got nice stuff on."

Adriel will lend a hand.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna takes Tahlios' hand, and lifts herself up with a grunt. The bard lets go once she is steady, nodding to him. "Thanks. Let's get to the Mother's Blessing, we probably have about ten minutes until this thing goes under."

She looks over to the pilot house "Is Henk trying to pilot this thing to Besmera's chest? Ah... Ha! I like that man, even if he's about as smooth as a soapstone." she comments to Thalios before hustling along with Thalios to the Mother's Blessing.

Time to get off of this haunted driftwood. What was I doing? Ugh, I thought everyone was out to get me, and the totem..."


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

With one last longing glance Astri with Thalios assistance crosses the boarding plank.

"Permission t'come aboard Capt? I am Thalios Dentros, son of Mordekai, falsely prisoned upon the cursed Sea Bear."

The capt nods and Thalios boards.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Henk Bash wrote:

Henk appears at the door dragging the dead captain by the boot, there a cutlass slide into Henk's belt. "He's got nice stuff on."

Adriel will lend a hand.

David looks at Henk.

"Aye - he does at that," he says looking at Henk as he follows him.

"So - what help do you need, Mister Bash..." he asks the man.

Not sure if David will attempt to assassinate Henk or not... Does the man go inside the Pilot's chambers out of sight of the other crew members?


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Henk went inside the pilot's house to grab the cutlass off the floor and the dead captain. "Let's carry 'im to Mother's Blessing and strip 'em."

Adriel will help out with carrying the captain.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Henk Bash wrote:
Adriel will help out with carrying the captain.

David watches Adriel assist Henk, his eyes intent on the man.

Seeing the elf is right there in front of them his eyes narrow.

His hand moves from the hilt of his dirk.

Another time, perhaps...

Then he aids them with the body and brings it back to the other ship.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna vouches for Thalios as they come aboard the Mother's Blessing. "The others found him in the ship. He was the only one that was still alive, lots of undead on board. I don't know his story, but he was trapped in there for quite some time, as I'm sure you can smell, and he helped us fight our way out."

She waits to give her full report when everyone is on board, and more importantly, the loot is rounded up. The bard extends her hand to take her longsword back from Thalios.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

With deft hands the roguish man lays the longsword over his forearm. "Gratitude." As Astri takes her sword back Thalios does an extravogent sweeping bow. "I, Thalios Dontrel, son of Mordekai, thanks you mightily. You the moon that fills me heart with wonderment." He winks.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Assuming nobody dawdles on the Sea Bear everyone gets aboard safely and they resume their normal state of mind. Henk simply nods at each of you and claps each person's shoulder. What happened aboard that ship, stays on that ship.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The sound of the Sea Bear's haul breaching stops the rejoicing as the Capt orders to push off and get under sail. Once the Mother's Blessing is safely clear he yells: "Hip...Hip Hooray." His eyes go to each member including Thalios then orders:"Get yourselves cleaned up and warm meal, then we'll meet in the officers mess in two hours."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Second Wind 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Once safe a aboard the Blessing, Darius finds an empty spot along a rail and slumps down, clutching his side and gasping for breath.

"Aye, Captain," his voice clearly pained.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sailor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Once back aboard the Mother's Blessing, Sath gets cleaned up and tries to come to grips with the evil and craziness that she experienced aboard the cursed ship.

"At least we all made it out alive," She thinks to herself as she walks to the mess to meet up with the others.

Second Wind: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Pushing past the others he moves quickly to the front and stares hard at the captain.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"Get yourselves cleaned up and warm meal, then we'll meet in the officers mess in two hours."

He gives the captain a brisk nod, then turns and struts off, seeking out David and looking to discover where his formal quarters will be located.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel dashes back to the sinking ship to grab his wand and Scimitar. He is not really worried since he can levitate should the ship go down with him on it.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Henk Bash wrote:
Henk simply nods at each of you and claps each person's shoulder.

"Thank you, Mister Bash," David says giving the man a grim smile as a he adjusts his kit over his shoulder.

He hears the captain calling him aft to the quarterdeck and moves back to hear what the gnome has to say.

As he observes their captain offer his praise, he is startled by the pert step of Alabaster, who pushes past him to the front of the group.

Capt Willie Longplank, NPC wrote:
"Get yourselves cleaned up and warm meal, then we'll meet in the officers mess in two hours."

David studies the captain, looking for any signs of negative impact from the potential call of the cursed ship...

Before he can notice much, he feels a bat on his boot from a blunt paw.

Alabaster the Cat wrote:
...then turns and struts off, seeking out David and looking to discover where his formal quarters will be located.

Seeing the cat's insistence David rolls his eyes and looks at his companions and sighs.

"I'm for below to get my things stored," he says with a tired voice.

He looks at his comrades.

"If any of you need assistance - if any of you need looking over; find me - I'll take of things as best as I can," he says to them.

"I'm sorry for my actions on that ship - I wasn't myself... I'm sorry," he says.

GM:

David will go down to his quarters and get Alabaster settled.

He's also curious to know specifically what it was that he found in the captain's quarters. Though he doubts the potential "magic" of the items that he found, he'll go through them.

If for any reason any of those things (such as the cloak or pipe or whatever) turns out to have an Aura he'll take a look at it, but he figures it's more of an effect of the madness.

Still, he'll do what he can. Once he's done with that he'll figure out how to do with what he discovered.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna takes her blade from the man, giving him a flash of immaculate white teeth as she smiles. She slides the sword into its redwood scabbard slowly. "My pleasure, Thalios. This specific celestial body accepts compensation in the form of favors, stories, drinks, or all of the above."

Astrianna gives Henk a nod in return, then turns her attention towards the Captain. Pumping her fist in the air, the bard yells a Hip Hip! She puts her hands to her throat, realizing it is quite sore from singing so loudly today. She takes out her canteen, giving Thalios another nod. "Best clean yourself up and grab a meal- I want to hear the full story on how you ended up on that ship later though." The bard takes a long draw from her canteen, gulping down the water with gusto as she turns and walks towards the crew quarters.

Regarding Dirk as she leaves, the bard raises an eyebrow. "Were you not pretending about the painting? That's quite interesting- I thought you were masquerading as the Captain of the ship. Had me fooled."

When the half-elf arrives at the crew quarters she takes off her sword belt, unstrings her bow, and removes her armor, stowing the last by her bunk. She takes a few moments to maintain her gear, drawing Echo from its sheath. She rubs the blade down with an oil cloth and sharpens the blade, testing it with her thumb. The bard's longbow gets a similar treatment, and she stores the bowstaff and gut string in her haversack.

Sitting down with her bag she thinks of all the goods they acquired, and her mind drifts to the pearls. There are eight of them... One for each that was on board, or one for the Captain. That's fair- If only there was one more, no one would know the wiser! I can't hide them all, Sath saw me counting them, so best be honest here.

After her maintenance is complete the bard goes for a meal, quite famished by all the running around and fighting. Taking a bit of wine from her Everfull mug, she is in quite a jolly mood at the whole affair on the boat. She begins to take the still intact maps out of her bag, and tries to identify their worth.

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

When it is time, she heads to the Officer's Mess at the appropriate time, haversack in tow.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Once his things are taken care of David will move aloft and seek out his companions if they are in the mood to talk. If not, he will give them space.

In point of fact he doesn’t expect them to want to talk to him. After all, given his mental condition on the ship he’d be surprised if they would even want to associate with him for a time; at least until he’s managed to prove that his madness was truly banished from his psyche.

When he is on board he will watch Henk and (when he’s close enough) he’ll cast Detect Magic on the man, attempting to ascertain if the weapon he took was in fact magical or just unusual…

Then he’ll put his thoughts aside and seek out Adriel and Astrianna.

”If you have found a copy of the ship’s log I would be curious to examine it; if you’ll permit it,” he says to them with a somewhat weary voice.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is studying maps in the mess, a floating ball of light hovering above the paper to illuminate it and her tankard of wine close at hand. She glances up at him as he approaches. "All I have here are these maps, I'm trying to make some sense out of them. Did you know the Seabear washed up in Ho’oka’la? It's an ancient, ceremonial burial ground in the Razor, and much feared for the idols of dark gods that rest there to this day. That totem on the ship was one of those idols... incredible power, to make it come alive like that. It was influencing me, but not controlling me, thankfully. If we had stayed on the ship for longer... I wonder if we would have started killing each other."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius slowly and gingerly rises to his feet, using his glaive for support. Once he has stood, his eyes catch Sath walking the deck, and his eyes could bore holes through her. He turns to head towards the mess hall to see about getting Hawk to patch him up, but sees him chase off after Astrianna and the elf.

He sighs to himself. Looks like you're just going to have to wait to get patched up.

He then considers sitting back down against the rail, but the idea is loathe to him after having just strained so hard to stand. He decides it might be best to follow the captain's orders to the letter, and heads off to clean himself up, bind up his ribs a bit, then get some food in him.

After accomplishing these tasks, each one seeming mountainous given his injuries, he heads back to the deck and leans carefully over a railing near the door to the Mess.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"Were you not pretending about the painting? That's quite interesting- I thought you were masquerading as the Captain of the ship. Had me fooled."

David seems startled at the question.

"Oh - the painting... I don't remember much about it... some details, yes - but as for the particulars..." he shrugs a little, an embarrassed expression on his face as he shakes his head somewhat helplessly, then he sighs.

He looks at Henk for a moment, then back at Astrianna.

"Still, I can be good at fooling people... sometimes," he says with toneless voice.

Then he gives her a small smile.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius turns at the sounds of conversation already coming from the Mess.

Suppose I wasn't the first one here...

He slowly straightens up and walks over to the door and opens it, surprised to see Astrianna and Hawk being civil once again.

"Well," Darius says, a pained smirk on his face, "glad to see that you too are back to being friendly."

He then walks in and slowly takes a seat.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"All I have here are these maps, I'm trying to make some sense out of them. Did you know the Seabear washed up in Ho’oka’la? It's an ancient, ceremonial burial ground in the Razor, and much feared for the idols of dark gods that rest there to this day. That totem on the ship was one of those idols... incredible power, to make it come alive like that. It was influencing me, but not controlling me, thankfully."

David nods slowly.

"Aye... You were lucky," he says slowly.

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"If we had stayed on the ship for longer... I wonder if we would have started killing each other."

He looks at for a long moment.

"It's hard to say... but I suppose anything's possible," he says eventually.

He glances at Darius across the deck with a thoughtful eye and considers saying something to the man, but then decides that can wait the two hours until the formal "meeting" with the captain and he can speak on that matter directly to everyone at once.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:

"Still, I can be good at fooling people... sometimes," he says with toneless voice.

Then he gives her a small smile.

Astrianna quirks an eyebrow and gives him a blank stare for a few moments. "Okay." She replies in the same toneless voice. Looking over at Darius as he approaches, the bard moves her maps aside for him to take a seat with them.

She gives a small hmph at his mention of them being friendly. "He apologized, and I accepted said apology. However, he is not forgiven yet, and owes me a drink when we get to Shaw. An exotic one, preferably expensive, and- I just added this- in a fancy glass, if available." She says with a small grin.

Astrianna looks at Darius bloody, bound chest. "That totem got you several times, I'm impressive you took that much of a beating. Did you know it was an idol of an ancient dark god long forsaken by the Tutlia? It was probably rather pissed at the whole forsaken part."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

"No ma'am," Darius says as he sits, wincing visibly as he does so, "I did not know that particular fact. All I knew was it was moving around and beating the crap out of us. I'm just glad we managed to take it down instead of the other way around."

He then looks at her directly and adds, "Thanks, by the way. I couldn't see much of the fighting you were involved with thanks to the fog, but I could hear you clearly enough. Your song kept my spirits up when things were looking dim. Never had the pleasure of working with a battle-singer, but now I know what all the hub-bub is about."

He starts to chuckle, but the muscular action sends a sharp pain through his body that causes him to catch his breath. He looks over at his cabin-mate and says, "So, Sawbones, when you think you will get a chance to patch up this weary sailor?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"Well," Darius says, a pained smirk on his face, "glad to see that you too are back to being friendly."

David looks at Darius.

"You were wounded badly in the fight."

"I asked several times if people needed assistance."

"Why didn't you speak up sooner? I could have helped you back on that hulk - or on our ship," he says, his mind still clearly distracted by something.

He looks at Darius, studying the man.

"You are my friend - I help my friends," he says with a slow voice.

He takes his breath, feeling more like himself.

"But from a tactical perspective... If you are wounded in combat again, please don't hesitate to tell me," he says, smiling a little.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius looks over at Hawk, a smirk on his face, "To be dead honest with ya, buddy, you weren't acting yourself over on that cursed hunk of driftwood. I wanted to make sure exactly who...or what...I was asking for help before I did."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna looks at David curiously, glancing over at Darius, and then back at Hawkins. "I think you need a nap or something Hawkins, you're acting weird. The Captain is going to think you've brought something back from that ship other than a cat if you keep spouting non-sequiturs."

The half-elf smiles brightly at Darius for the compliment. "No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed the performance. That particular draconic chant I was singing before I came up with the Ballad of Thalios Dondrel has an interesting history with the kobolds of Droskar's Crucible, actually..." She is clearly in some kind of lore kick at the moment.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"So, Sawbones, when you think you will get a chance to patch up this weary sailor?"

David cocks his head and looks at Darius thoughtfully.

He places his hand on Darius's chest...

Cure Light Wounds -
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He watches the swelling around the bones lesson and looks at Darius.

"I hope that helps for now..." he says, looking at the man, some of the tension leaving his face.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Feeling some ribs snap back into place and mend, as well as the pain lessen somewhat, lets Darius at last take a decent breath.

Hawkins wrote:
"I hope that helps for now..."

Darius nods. "That helps a lot. Thanks Doc."

He then picks up one of the papers and asks, "So what are we looking at here?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
Darius looks over at Hawk, a smirk on his face, "To be dead honest with ya, buddy, you weren't acting yourself over on that cursed hunk of driftwood. I wanted to make sure exactly who...or what...I was asking for help before I did."

David nods his head.

"Aye - that's fair enough," he says, a small smile on his face.

"And you're right; I was acting like a gods damned fool on that ship."

He looks away.

"Sorry about that," he adds with a little frown; clearly upset about the madness that afflicted him.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Astrianna looks at David curiously, glancing over at Darius, and then back at Hawkins. "I think you need a nap or something Hawkins..."

He looks at Astrianna with a surprised look at her comment then turns to Darius.

"Would you look at this girl? Always trying to get me into bed..." he says with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Then he peers at the map thoughtfully.

"Are you sure the map is accurate?" he says slowly.

"The thing is, if it was me - if I was the captain - I would have made a false map, false charts, and a false logbook..." he adds as he studies the documents.

He looks up at the others.

"After all, the only real thing that prevents a mutiny is that, generally, a crew can't con the ship without the captain or officers - well, not if the captain and officers are smart, that is.... They keep that information secret."

"That way if the crew tries to kill the captain in a mutiny then they're lost at sea - unless they know the right course to plot to bring the ship in..."

"So - if it was me - I'd make false copies, or at least encode the real ones, so that if my men tried to take my ship they'd be lost because only I know how to read the documents..."

He rubs his chin thoughtfully.

"The captain was very paranoid - I'm sure of that... I'm just very surprised that he would have allowed all the documents and information needed to navigate the ship to be so... accessible," he adds with a frown.

He looks up at this companions again.

"Well, at any rate, that's just what I would do if I was recording information that could allow anyone to con my ship; if it was my ship, that is..."

"But I'm just guessing, though."

1,951 to 2,000 of 14,076 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.