Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


9,751 to 9,800 of 11,368 << first < prev | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | next > last >>

M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Durgan has Nimble Feet from his domain ability, 30' move from his domain ability, and Invisibility Purge active, whereas Salzarus just took a move+standard so can't have gone far.

Durgan doubles moves to where he last saw Salzarus.

"Going somewhere?"

And if he does get away, our 'ranger' will track him.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet watches him fall. It's never feels good.
wait. Where's the wizard?

"Wait, the wizard! Where is- where are you goin?" Scarlet watches Durgan run off. "Wait, where's Posh?"

She runs to the gate mechanism and tries to lower the gate. This will take a bit of time...


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir readies her sling just in case the nasty mage pops up again. Couldn't hurt to be ready. "He jumped and drank a potion of invisibility or something." she called back at Scarlet.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Durgan doubles moves to where he last saw Salzarus.

So is Durgan racing up to the tower and jumping over the fort wall?


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon walks to sneeg and ties him up while he is sleeping and then searches him for weapons and gear.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold
RPGGGM wrote:
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Durgan doubles moves to where he last saw Salzarus.
So is Durgan racing up to the tower and jumping over the fort wall?

Ah, I thought we had opened the front gate. That would be his preference. If the front gate is closed, he will race up to the tower and if the 25' radius doesn't reveal Salzarus then he will jump out and down.

Don't want to let this guy get away.
"Zokon! We may need your ranger skills!"


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Just for reference: The last time we tracked the guy, he ambushed us after a forced march. Just saying.
Oh, and I think we closed the door because we expected the camps outside to send reinforcements and preferred not to get swamped by mooks while dealing with the leaders.

Edit: He only needs one casting of expeditious retreat to get away, then a horse from one of the outlying camps.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

I think he is nearly out of spells and as far as we know he can't fly. A potion of Invisibility should only last 3 minutes.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

He is also a mage-something that has used up his spells. Or at least used some. Last time he was fresh.

But yeah "hordes of bandits" is a good point. Maybe they'll disperse if we wave the stag lords head around and proclaim ourselves the new lords of the realm?


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Fine... Durgan will not jump off the tower.
Still want to track him and deny him his 8 hours rest and 1 hour spell prep.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Oh, by all means, jump off, you are currently powered up. Just don't expect much support from those not almost invulnerable to minions. That said, I think he'll not be the only one to leave the location in the near future. Tracking him specifically might be a bit hard if he picks up a horse and they scatter in all kinds of directions. The ambush-part was less meant to say that he personally would use spells to ambush us, but that he may lead us into a prepared mundane ambush, of mooks and group leaders - without spells he wouldn't stick around, but he's the guy for that kind of thing all the same, and getting hit/overrun by a spiked tree trunk is painful, magic or no magic.
To be clear, what I meant to say is that he knows we tracked him once - and knew ahead of time(despite us dismounting and stealthing through the night). This time, he'll likely be more careful or try to throw us off, by using a river bed, a oft-travelled road, decoys, whatever. If we try to track him and he leaves a clear trail, I would suspect something is up and we're running into a trap.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Next time we are really going to bring a freaking harpoon or something...


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

About how far away are the outlying camps? And has the party seen Salzarus use Expeditious Retreat?


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet keeps opening the door. "Oi. We need the Stag Lord's helm. Show this to the outlying camps and they will scatter."

The only way we're going to catch Salzarus is if he waits for us to open the gate and is within the invisibility purge radius. We need to disperse the other bandits, at this rate. I wanted to tear that guy to shreds but we'll have to fight him on next episode of Kingmaker a later encounter.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

As Zokon ties up the sleeping Sneeg, Victoria approaches him. "I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help against the mage, but... well, I've been..." She lets her sentence trail off as she points to the state of her tattered clothing and the manacle marks around her wrists. "I would like to thank your group for helping me to escape."


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena cleans her weapon on the Stag Lord's shirt. She then puts her scimitar away and begins the task of searching the remains, being careful to set aside anything of potential value. Once she has everything of potential value neatly laid out, she casts detect magic.


Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena cleans her weapon on the Stag Lord's shirt.

He doesn't actually have one on, though the skin of his beefy chest is burned to the point it might seem like he was wearing a thick, poorly-tanned hide. I'll post the lucre when I get home tonight.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

LOOT! Or at least what you find on people.

Stag Lord - The man himself is muscular though about 80% of his exposed skin is scarred as if burned years ago in some horrible fire. He wears a lot of white make-up and thick black eye-liner that looks like it was applied a couple of days ago and slept in (think of the Heath Ledger version of the Joker). He stinks of sweat and alcohol.

Great Stag Helm - detect magic & spellcraft or detect magic & knowledge (religion) DC 20:
This striking helmet is crafted to resemble the skull of a mighty stag. A lot of extra paint as well as bits and bones from other predatory animals have been added to it's original design. Although made from bone, the antlers and helm are as strong as metal. When worn, the helm greatly enhances eyesight and hearing, granting a +2 competence bonus on Perception checks.
In addition, once per day the helm may be called upon to enhance any ranged attack made by the wearer to make an insightful shot. Activating this ability is a free action, and once activated, your next ranged attack against a target within 30 feet is made as if that target were flat-footed against you—this allows a rogue to gain the benefit of sneak attack with this shot. If you don’t make a ranged attack within 1 round of activating this power, the insight fades and is wasted for that day.
A worshiper of Erastil who wears this helm may utilize the insightful shot ability up to 3 times per day.

Other garb - detect magic & spellcraft DC 21:
This suit consists of a heavy cloak, gloves, kilt, and boots, but leaves his chest bare—although the armor looks incomplete, it actually functions just as well as any suit of magic leather armor. +2 leather armor.

Mummified bird amulet - detect magic & spellcraft DC 20:
Amulet of natural armor +1

Gaudy jeweled gold ring - detect magic & spellcraft DC 20:
Ring of protection +1

Reed potion vials (2) containing some dark, foul-smelling liquid - perception or detect magic & spellcraft DC 20:
potions of cure serious wounds

His bow was destroyed, but he has a masterwork longsword.

================

Falgrim Sneeg - Sneeg is an older, wiry man who looks like he's been living rough for sometime (maybe not as long as the Stag Lord).

Old, ragged rapier - detect magic & spellcraft DC 18:
+1 rapier

Masterwork composite shortbow [STR +2]

Well-used daggers (3)

Worn masterwork studded leather armor

Abstract ("drift wood") Silver Stag Lord amulet (which some of you have see a few of) - 25 gp

Antique bracer - Appraise DC 20:
Worth 200 gp

42 gp, 3 pp.

================

Ayles, Byron Benzen, and the other bandits

6 Longswords
6 Composite longbows [STR +1]
6 suits of leather armor
90 gp in a mix of local coins


Total Human Badass

"He's dead then. We'll have to tell the rest of the men when they start to arrive in the morning with their food tithe." Akiros says looking on at the body. "We'll have to deal with the old man in the cellar too."


"Oh my gods! You killed him. Don't kill me, please!" begs the young man.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon looks at Victoria, seeing her dishevelled state "Umm.. well it was our pleasure, but we are still in trouble potentially, can I get you something to help build up your strength and preparedness, food, drink, clothes. I have some or maybe one of the ladies in our group might have some gear better suited for you."

After helping Victoria as he can he looks at the young man "You, who are you, you remind me of someone? oh and put down any weapons you have."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Old man in the cellar?" Scarlet lowers the gate long enough for Posh to get in, then closes it shut. "Who's that?"

Byron Benzen wrote:
"Oh my gods! You killed him. Don't kill me, please!" begs the young man.

"Didn't I tell ya? We came for the Stag Lord." Scarlet takes a look around. "Where did that blackheart go... Dammit. I'm sorry, Oleg." She turns to her non-ranger friend. "Zokon, is he the Benzen's boy? He matches the description."

"Boy, the Benzen family wants you to return. Alive. We ain't gonna hurt ya unless you attack us. Got it?" She looks down at Sneeg. "This old man has his own wanted poster, he's coming with us, too."

Scarlet sits down and catches her breath. The battle was hard and long. Friends almost died. She made a new ally with Akiros. The outside bandits would have to scatter, quickly. One crazy wizard escaped, and there is a crazy old man to deal with.

Oh, and this lady is clutching a fox for some reason.
"Oi. I have this dress I bought from long ago. I carry it around just in case. I found the perfect chance for it." She pulls out a poorly tailored dress from her pack. "Sorry if it doesn't fit."

"Ah, my name's Scarlet." Scarlet reaches a bloody hand forward before withdrawing it. "We'll shake hands later."


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir grips the battlements until her knuckles turn while and looks and looks and looks, hoping for the chance to put a lead bullet into the skull of that darned wizard. But it didn't seem like things would work out that way this time. They had cut the head of the bandits - it just didn't feel like the brain was there though.

So the skald heads back down to the gathering around the fallen stag-lord feeling strangely content and disappointed at the same time. There she finds some comfortable spot in the rubble to sit down and catch her breath a bit. Then gets some soap from her pack and water from her canteen to wash the worst of her hands and offers the same to Scarlet. "So, huh, this kinda worked better then I expected."

"I'm Illthir - nice to meet you Victoria. Well uh it could probably have been nice if it was somewhere nicer. But there's a cute fox here at least. Friend of yours?" the half elf smiles. She carefully reaches out to try and pet it. Definitely was worth that scroll - assuming it wouldn't bite her right away of course!

"So how will this thing with the Stag Lord work? Should we mount his head on a pike or something or will that hideous helm of his be enough?" Illthir wasn't quite sure how the charter was worded. While carrying a decapitated head all the way back to Oleg's would be icky - throwing it into the lap of those pompous muppets would be oh so satisfying. "Mm and 'old man in the cellar'?"


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

For when Illthir gets a chance to take a look at the loot!

Spellcraft: Hat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Religion: Hat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Spellcraft: Clothes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Spellcraft: Bird Amulet: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Spellcraft: Bling Ring: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Spellcraft: Icky Ichor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Spellcraft: Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Appraise: Bracers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

She'll take a look at the broken bow as well. Maybe there were a sliver of magic left that could be useful for magical item crafting in the future?

?: 1d20 ⇒ 13


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Scarlet looks at the bracers, but she can't get a handle on its worth. "Huh. Looks like junk if you ask me."

"Maybe the helmet will be enough, Illthir. Hey Zokon, what does this charter say? I wasn't involved until after you left Restov."


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Durgan looks over the wall and seethes.
"I'll kill you," he says quietly into the darkness.

Then he moves down and rejoins the group, introducing himself to Victoria.
"Greetings. I am Durgan Far-Walker, priest of Abadar. Striving to bring civilization to these lands. Putting an end to the bandit menace has been a goal of mine for some time now. I do not think we are entirely done, but we have struck them a significant blow. Abadar's blessings of defense and protection were with me today, as well as some other preparations I had made.
Do you know why they were holding you?"

He sees the various wounded around. Durgan waits for any dying bandits to be bound or to bleed out (he really doesn't care which - honorable opponents who surrendered may be entitled to quarter, but those who refused to do so are not necessarily so). Then he calls upon the power of Abadar to heal the wounds that his comrades have received.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
1 left if needed.

Appraise Bracers: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"Sorry about the bow. There are spells to repair broken magical items, so if it was magic it need not be lost for good."

Durgan does not actually have Spellcraft so can't identify the items.

"What really concerns me is the Stag Lord's ability to acquire such huge stockpiles of explosive powder. The explosion that destroyed Oleg's, and what there was here. Did that dark elf make the powder? If so, tracking down the suppliers of the components could be a way to track down the wizard. Or perhaps he had quarters here that might give some clue to another base he has, or has some possessions of his that we could use for Scrying."

"But first, yes, this 'old man in the cellar.'"


fox | HP 14/14 | AC 16/T16/FF12 (13/13/12) | F+3 R+4 W+5

Arris, being smarter than the average bear (cartoon reference), understands that the half-elf lady saved his life. As she presents her hand, he sniffs it and licks it, allowing her to pet his head. He looks bad, but perks up SIGNIFICANTLY after the dwarf's healing aura.
With his wounds closed up, he finally begins to feel a bit more like his old self. He wraps himself around Victoria's shoulders, almost like a stole, making contented little chirps.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria gratefully accepts the dress from Scarlett. It may be a little large, but it's in much better shape than the tatters she's wearing. "Again, thank you. And yes, he's been with me for quite some time," she says rubbing the little fox's head. "This is Arris. And after we've had a while to rest, I think I can be of a little more value. If nothing else, I can help you figure out some of those items you've been studying," she says, indicating the haul. "Hopefully, I'll be able to find a few of my belongings as well, assuming they didn't sell them off. Or that they didn't survive the explosion."
appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
"Like that bracer, there. Nice craftmanship, nice material... it's probably worth 20 platinum to an honest merchant."
"As to what he wanted with me, I'm afraid I don't know. I mostly try to mind my own business. I shudder to think of what that sorcerer wanted with me." Could he have been working for those men who came after my family?
With a bit of more proper clothing, and her wounds healed, Victoria looks at least a bit more presentable. "I didn't hear them say anything about an old man. I hope he's alive."


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Thankyou Durgan, let's go downstairs now and see what the old man is up to, actually." he turns to Akiros "Is the old man in the cellar, hostile, a captive .. why is he down there and is he dangerous?"

Zokon is putting away the bow and drawing his rapier at this moment


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Cute." Illthir notes as Arris allows himself to be petted. She felt like she had had a significant shortage of cuteness in her life lately but this really helped. The pale skald smiled at their new trio of friends. Acquaintances. Now a turncoat and someone locked in a dungeon wasn't exactly what her mother would call great people to be around, but maybe being in a bandit fort was a mitigating circumstance? "I'm sure we'll see eye to eye."

"So. The amulet and the ring appears to be protective wards at least. And the helm, well, it's certainly something. Let's figure out the rest later, tie up the loose ends and bandits then see if everything in here stinks of stale ale or not." She stood up and readied her weapons. "Old cellar man it is for now then."


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"But let's just open the gate a little for Posh first!"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Meanwhile, an ever increasing horde of groaning zombies chase the little bard around the hilltop.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Realizing the Stag lord has fallen and no other enemies remain in the inmediate vincinity, Alia looks around, seeing 2 faces she does not recognize. A man and a woman. The woman, it seems, was held prisoner. Enough time to talk, later...the man, though, seemed armed and to have been one of the Bandits - staying sufficiently away to not make it an inmediate treat, she points her Estoc at Akiros: "Who are you? Did you simply switch sides to avoid his fate? Or hope to take his place? Know that the likes of him won't be tolerated in Telvurin any longer!"

When Illthir points out the gate, Alia is conflicted, but then remembers that she would not even have her blade right now if not for the gnomish Bard: "Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back!", she apologetically shouts to the man she verbally challenged before, then rushes towards the gate mechanism to let Posh in.

@Loot: First look Alia takes is Take 10 - for Spellcraft that's DC 20 taken care off. Anything she does not manage to identify needs to be looked at the next day(or by someone else). I think all but the Garb should be identified?


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

If you ask the nice cleric to cast Guidance on you then take 10 will hit 21 : )


2 people marked this as a favorite.
I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Alia does not beg (nor 'ask')! She crushes her enemies, sees them driven before her, and listens to the lamentations of their women! So Serena will probably have to violate her personal space and touch her on the shoulder (but not like Joe Biden!) and advise her. But sure that's possible. Who wants to wear the topless armored skirt (once it has been laundered of course)?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Total Human Badass
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Old man in the cellar?" Scarlet lowers the gate long enough for Posh to get in, then closes it shut. "Who's that?"

"I think he's his father." Akiros says sheathing his longsword and nodding to the fallen bandit chief.

________________________
BTW Akiros has one of the best pictures in all of the Kingmaker books. If Paizo had put it on the site as an icon it would have like 500 users who wanted their character to look like a total badass.


Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Didn't I tell ya? We came for the Stag Lord." Scarlet takes a look around. "Where did that blackheart go... Dammit. I'm sorry, Oleg." She turns to her non-ranger friend. "Zokon, is he the Benzen's boy? He matches the description."

"Just don't kill me. Someone killed Valkeri and some of the others a couple of weeks back. He was my only friend here. He was just a kid." *sniff*

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Boy, the Benzen family wants you to return. Alive. We ain't gonna hurt ya unless you attack us. Got it?"

"But my family has no money."


"-Yes na- i tar-'s rúatan!" exclaims Erevenywg pointing at the Stag Lord.

Accented Sylvan:
"He looks like the queen's huntsman!"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

Scarlet looks at the bracers, but she can't get a handle on its worth. "Huh. Looks like junk if you ask me."

"Maybe the helmet will be enough, Illthir. Hey Zokon, what does this charter say? I wasn't involved until after you left Restov."

The ghost of a memory floods Scarlet's mind. You will find him! You will bring him! Or you will join me in the river!


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Wow, Akiros has a great portrait.

"Don't worry about Akiros, Alia. He's a warrior, figuring out his path. Kinda like me, I guess." Mega Scarlet readjusts her grip on the gate winch as the magic wears off and she reverts to plain old Scarlet.

"Let's get Posh in here, quickly."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
"What really concerns me is the Stag Lord's ability to acquire such huge stockpiles of explosive powder. The explosion that destroyed Oleg's, and what there was here. Did that dark elf make the powder? If so, tracking down the suppliers of the components could be a way to track down the wizard. Or perhaps he had quarters here that might give some clue to another base he has, or has some possessions of his that we could use for Scrying."

Those possessions would have been in the room that no longer exists post explosion. Fragments of the barrel (the same sort of barrel used in the Outpost bombing) indicate that the black powder came from Pitax--the same town Posh is from.

Victoria Velasco wrote:
"Hopefully, I'll be able to find a few of my belongings as well, assuming they didn't sell them off. Or that they didn't survive the explosion."

Victoria's stuff is elsewhere in the fort, in the same place as any trove items the party might want.


Total Human Badass
Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Thankyou Durgan, let's go downstairs now and see what the old man is up to, actually." he turns to Akiros "Is the old man in the cellar, hostile, a captive .. why is he down there and is he dangerous?"

"All the above if I am any judge. He's the band's healer--though most suffer their wounds rather than visit him. He's crazy."


Total Human Badass
Alia of the Blade wrote:
Realizing the Stag lord has fallen and no other enemies remain in the inmediate vincinity, Alia looks around, seeing 2 faces she does not recognize. A man and a woman. The woman, it seems, was held prisoner. Enough time to talk, later...the man, though, seemed armed and to have been one of the Bandits - staying sufficiently away to not make it an inmediate treat, she points her Estoc at Akiros: "Who are you? Did you simply switch sides to avoid his fate? Or hope to take his place? Know that the likes of him won't be tolerated in Telvurin any longer!"

"'Telvurin'? Where the Hells is that?" says the man in as dead a voice as one could imagine.


Total Human Badass

The gate is raised and Posh is finally allowed in. Then the gate is quickly lowered afterward, on Akiros's advice.

"The Hilldead only rise if you don't follow the marked path up the hill. They'll settle back down again given some time."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Right. We'll have to clear this place of undead." Scarlet snaps to attention. "And I need to bring the Stag Lord's body to that thing we saw on the bridge." She rubs her head. "Too many nightmares with that thing scaring me."


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"His father? Wow. Walk about family issues." Illthir exclaims. "And what-did-you-say Erevenywg?"

"Yeah. Let's Posh, father and then undead. In that order. And maybe even today."


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Telvurin is the name of these lands in the elven tongue. How we called them, long before your kind took them during our temporary absence. 'The stolen lands', you call them, not aware of the irony. If Scarlet vouches for you, that is good enough for me.", Alia sheathes her Estoc and offers her hand in greeting.

When Erevenywg comments on the Stag Lord, Alia raises an eyebrow.

Sylvan:
"Some Fey Queen? A real huntsmen or a member of the Wild Hunt?"


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Byron Benzen wrote:
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Boy, the Benzen family wants you to return. Alive. We ain't gonna hurt ya unless you attack us. Got it?"
"But my family has no money."

Scarlet sighs. "I don't care if your family can't pay. They asked me to bring you back alive. Besides... you've seen what the bandits have done. Tore the head off a bride and that wizard used it as a... toy. Blew up Oleg, some nobles are feasting on his outpost now. They were going to twist your heart some day. Make you do something you'd regret."

Erevenywg blurts something out. Alia asks the question Scarlet was going to ask- or at least close enough.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Well let's go and contain him then, and decide what to do with him after." Zokon heads towards the stairs down


dice:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"Oh!? Um, so anta moina ana ni." Erevenywg says and then smiles sweetly.

Accented Sylvan:
"Oh!? Um, he just reminded me of someone I thought I once knew." Erevenywg says and then smiles sweetly.

9,751 to 9,800 of 11,368 << first < prev | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.