Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


9,951 to 10,000 of 11,291 << first < prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | next > last >>

M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Don't forget Aura of Deflection on Scarlet, for +2 AC and CMD. I don't think it made a difference above (second claw still hit because of Grappled penalty to Dex).

"You guys have way too much of that stuff."
Durgan takes a step and casts Create Water. Eight gallons of water pour down and drench the sparking coil of rope.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon steps back down the stairs and launches an arrow at the bear with deadly aim

Bow+pbs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena slashes again at the bear.

Serena vs. Bear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

The bear drops dead as scarlet clouts it again on it's head with her longsword.

Durgan similarly extinguishes the fire. The little gnome-sized mud man looks confused.

Zokon and Serena can restate if they like.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena is holding her action.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Nah nothing else to do atm and it makes sure it's dead


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Against her better judgement Illthir moves closer to the dirty man. Though she still has Alia as a buffer between her and him luckily! That's what she liked about her long-hafted polearm; less up close and personal. She did her best to introduce the deranged man to the business end of it - let's see how he likes it!

To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Can probably claim soft cover from Alia though

Damage?: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Alia of the Bot's blade flashes again in the firelight.

Alia v Old Man: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8 Miss

Poshbot uses the opportunity to dash out of the old man's sight for a moment. There in the magical light he undergoes a strange metamorphosis. To those in the vicinity who can see his form morphs into a much shorter version of the slain brigand chief above his hat even changing into a slighter version of the great stag helm. "It's all I have left." he whispers with urgency to the witnesses.

Vitoriabot turns to Durgan finally recognizing the sputtering fuse, and connecting it to the 'candle' she was holding to see by in her prison two-floors above, and what it was that subsequently blew her off the bridge from half-a-fort away. "WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! THOSE CASKS ARE FULL OF EXPLOSIVES!" she explains.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

♪♫Giant's Bridge is falling down,
Falling down, falling down.
Giant's Bridge is falling down,
My fair lady.

Who has stole my land and home,
Land and home, land and home;
Who has stole my land and home,
My fair lady?

Up in fire you must go,
You must go, you must go;
Up in fire you must go,
My fair lady.♪♫

Sing the three unseen girls.


cast defensively: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Fools! I am one of the monsters in a land full of them! Gozreh curse you all! You will not escape us! MONSTERS ALL! MONSTERS ALL!" the man screams. The little pile of dirt's other hand begins to glow with an ugly green every bit as bright as the fire in his other hand. It reaches out to Illthir and....

touch v Illthir: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The glow disappears into the pale skald.

Illthir - Will save DC 18; failure:
Illthir has been effected by nature's exile!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

dice:
1d20 + 20 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 20 - 10 = 21

Round 3! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Little Dirt Man -18 hp
__ Illthir
(Will save DC 18)
__ Posh
__ Zokon
__ Alia
__ Durgan
__ Victoria
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Scarlet
-17 hp
Map updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Explosives?" Scarlet arches an eyebrow. "Not again. Everyone, we're out of here. This guy wants to blow himself up, let 'im!" Scarlet keeps her bloodrage up and points up the stiars.

Scarlet will keep an action ready to attack anything hostile within her reach.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Uh oh!

At least it isn't Suggestion: Light a match


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

"Everybody out!" Serena shouts, moving towards the animated pile of dirt. Her goal is to hold off the old man until everyone can get out. She readies an attack, should he make an aggressive move.

Serena vs. Dirt Man: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria was well aware how powerful black powder can be, even before the earlier explosion. Given how insane the man seems, she has no problem with "the better part of valor," and makes her way back to the stairs.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Did Durgan extinguish the fuse or is it still burning?


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Out!.. Everybody Out! Up the stairs!" he shouts and runs up the stairs up and out to forts gate


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Never mind, I see above where you said Durgan extinguished the flame.
Durgan readies to use Create Water again as soon as the little dirt-man touches a fuse.
"He can't use his fire if he's dead," suggests the dwarf.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Did Durgan extinguish the fuse or is it still burning?

It went out before the credits finished.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Is it extinguished or not? Someone was yelling it wasn't .. ummm.. confused?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Never mind, I see above where you said Durgan extinguished the flame.

What Durgan said here is correct. There are a few of these casks here among all the other building supplies, and the old man does still have a flaming hand, so there is that to consider.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Question: given our depth underground, the other foundations of the keep, and the size of the stash, would an explosion destroy the keep or just collapse the immediate part of the cellar?
Profession (Siege Engineer), Breadth of Experience: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Kill him or drag him away from the barrels!"
Provoking an AOO on a Drag or Reposition isn't the worst outcome, as each touch attack depletes the duration of Produce Flame.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

Question: given our depth underground, the other foundations of the keep, and the size of the stash, would an explosion destroy the keep or just collapse the immediate part of the cellar?

That's hard to tell without knowing how much gunpowder is squirreled away down here. Likely, an explosion would cause a small cave-in down here followed by a toppling of some portion of the fort above.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

"I don't want to kill you," Serena warns the man, "But I will if I must. Extinguish your flame and let's talk like civilized humans."


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon noticing that the situation is not as dire as the words he heard first suggested stops and takes aim at the old man

"Ummm.. ok maybe not.. possibly better to stop him." Zokon lines up a shot but does not fire.. "Stop or I will shoot."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Oh, just kill 'im already before he blows us up." Scarlet snorts... then realizes she declared her action already.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Grab him!" Illthir suggests. She looks at the burning hand with worry - but better her then the powder kegs! Ow oww! with a bit of quick mental preparation the skald tossed her hammer aside and dove for the unstable druid's burning hand.

Grapple! (Untrained): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Serene's blow misses. Victoria makes for the exit. Illthir make a grab for the elemental man who burns her with his flaming hand, and causing her to recoil.

old dirt man touch v Illthir (AoO): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"BWAHAHAHAH!!" **cough, cough**

Aliabot uses the opportunity to stab the lump of dirt.

Aliabot v Old Man: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9
THREAT!
Aliabot v Old Man: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Poshbot or perhaps a tiny Stag Lord rushes from the shadows and shouts "DADDY!

Round 4! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Little Dirt Man -34 hp
__ Illthir
-9 hp
__ Posh
disguised
__ Zokon
__ Alia
__ Durgan
__ Victoria
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Scarlet
-17 hp
Map updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way." Scarlet approaches. "Out of the way, Illthir."


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"OW-OW-OWWW!" Illthir complains out loud. She had no problem with taking a swipe at the man with her sidearm and then stepping back and against the wall, hopefully letting Scarlet say hi to the nasty man.

I *think* a 5' step away should let Scarlet reach the druid. If not please disregard the attack and have Illthir Withdraw instead

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Damage (Silver): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon uses studied target on the man and then fires a deadly shot

bow+st+pbs-da: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

If Illthir moves out of the way, Scarlet will double move into melee with the crazy guy.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Durgan moves and once again readies to cast Create Water if the crazy old man touches a fuse.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Scarlet there's enough room for you to sneak in, so go ahead.

Zokon doesn't quite thread the needle but almost threads Durgan. Zokon almost hit, but his companions are acting as soft cover.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Victoriabot hands over her ears and her mouth open rushes up the stairs and warns everyone away from the area. "IT'S GOING TO BLOW!"

Alia of the Bot's blade flashes once more, but the confines are too cramped for such a long blade.

Alia v Old Man: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7 REALLY miss!

Scarletbot likewise swings longsword but succeeds only and taking a chunk out of a wooden crate.

Cold Iron Masterwork Longsword, Bloodrage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 Miss.

Serenabot fights her way around and under her fellow warriors blades and stabs deep into the earthen man who gives a small grown and then subsides like snowman on hot summer day. The fire in his outstretched hand slowly burns itself out.

Serena vs. Dirt Man: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Hit!

"Dad! Can borrow the horse? Auchs and Ayles were heading over to Kressle's house and we were planning on doing some raiding later tonight." says a pint-sized Stag Lord with too large a helm.

The singing stops, and is replaced by a disappointed sigh, as if Serena had broken the children's toy.

END COMBAT!


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Oi, that man was slippery. Grandpa knows how to wiggle." Scarlet exhales a stream of smoke and calms down. "So are we gonna finish him off, or bring him to Restov?" She shrugs.

"With the Stag Lord dead, I need to bring his helmet to that ghost by the river." She shudders. "I'm tired of him haunting ma nightmares.
Erevenywg has been really kind in helping me, but I can't rely on her forever."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

"Oi, that man was slippery. Grandpa knows how to wiggle." Scarlet exhales a stream of smoke and calms down. "So are we gonna finish him off, or bring him to Restov?" She shrugs.

"With the Stag Lord dead, I need to bring his helmet to that ghost by the river."

At that point Mini-Stag Lord, comes by to examine the pile of dirt that was his faux-dad.

Actually, its more the man himself than his accoutrements.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

"What sort of being was this old man? Turned into earth by some curse or some Fey trickery? Or some sort of druidic magic?"

Durgan goes over to the pile of kegs, Create Water at the ready if he sees the slightest spark.

"We should move these to a secure location that is not right under the keep. Or sell them, I suppose. I don't have much use for black powder, and it sells for a decent price."


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Hearing no earth-shattering kaboom, Victoria cautiously edges her way back down the stairs to see the outcome of the battle.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir cautiously glares at the man while not lowering her hammer just yet. "He threw bears at us and the bandits sought him for healing. I'd say it's safe to say he is either a druid or some very evil fairy... Let's uh find some rope and staunch his bleeding and we can ask him later. Somewhere where he can't make anything explode!"


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

"He's dead. Or at least what passes for dead for a being such as he. He was made of dirt and then he crumbled into a pile of dirt."
Durgan does not sound particularly bothered by this, but instead curious.
I don't think he had any bleeding to staunch, but I am more than happy to not have to deal with a prisoner.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena pokes whatever remains with her scimitar, looking for any signs of life. If he yet lives, she will bind his wounds and tie him up. If not she signs sadly and says, "A shame. It's always a shame when life is needlessly lost."


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon looks around for any other threats, looking throughout this area to see if there is anything else dangerous around.. or hidden.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet exhales carefully. "I'm gonna check upstairs and make sure things are still clear."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Eventually, the body returns to that of a frail-looking old man.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Now that the immediate threat of the explosive barrels is past, Victoria is intrigued by them. "What was this Stag Lord planning to do with all of this? You all saw the size explosion the other barrels made. This could blow up a town." She shudders momentarily remembering how the creepy dark elf threatened to do gods-know-what to her. "We may want to finish searching this place to make sure there aren't any more surprises."


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Victoria Velasco wrote:
Now that the immediate threat of the explosive barrels is past, Victoria is intrigued by them. "What was this Stag Lord planning to do with all of this? You all saw the size explosion the other barrels made. This could blow up a town." She shudders momentarily remembering how the creepy dark elf threatened to do gods-know-what to her. "We may want to finish searching this place to make sure there aren't any more surprises."

Posh remains silent for a moment, shaking his head as he looks at the explosives and remembered what he heard about Oleg.

"Similar to what happened to Oleg I'm guessing..." Posh trailed off, letting the words sink into the group for everyone to understand his own pain at the situation and regret. Part of him wanted to just dump these barrels, however, they had a use. "We could save these for trade. What do you all think? I wouldn't blame you if you just wanted to dump this into the river, but we could still use it to build or rebuild this place."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

At first, it gets a bit tedious going from a while going from little camp to camp to spread the message that the Stag Lord is dead, and that there are no professional mercenaries coming to train them up into a personal guard for Hotspur Seline. There are a few who suspect a trick. "How do we know old Staggy's dead?" They ask. Showing them the filthy antlered great helm is enough proof to convince them. By mid-morning there is enough of a stir that more and more men arrive at the camp you are currently at--cutting your expected travel time immensely.

Need some sort of public speaking roll here. Any takers?

10,000TH POST!

9,951 to 10,000 of 11,291 << first < prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.