Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


9,551 to 9,600 of 11,104 << first < prev | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena continues her assault on the archer/swordsman.

Serena vs. enemy: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Zokon moves away as sick as he is.. he moves around and behind Scarlet to still be able to support her if he recovers.. and to not see the magic anymore


Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena continues her assault on the archer/swordsman.

The brigand slashes at Serena as she approaches, but she turns away his blade and driver her sword home. "UHR!"

dk. blue longsword v Serena (readied): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The man goes down.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: None

Durgan moves around and up the stairs, using his Travel domain ability to ignore the difficult terrain.

As he moves, he readies his buckler.


fox | HP 14/14 | AC 16/T16/FF12 (13/13/12) | F+3 R+4 W+5

will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
The little fox yelps as it tosses up the rabbit it had for breakfast. He starts to turn away as the brigand's sword bites into his flank.
can he withdraw? If so, he has speed 40' and will head to the north and west, trying to scoot past the large two-leg while he continues to sound like he's hacking up hairballs


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Tears well up in Victoria's eyes as she feels the pain, fear, and confusion of her little familiar. He's been hurt before, but he's no match for a spellcaster and a swordsman. Run, run!
Meanwhile, she continues her own desperate struggle to escape.
esc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 (+any grease bonus)


Arris the Fox wrote:
can he withdraw? If so, he has speed 40' and will head to the north and west, trying to scoot past the large two-leg while he continues to sound like he's hacking up hairballs

No, he can't. It takes a full-round action (or if you are limited to how many actions you can take a standard action) to withdraw.

"Heh heh."


Status: | Hp 20/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Erevenwyg - would you kindly stab this man if he tries to move? Thank!" Illthir asked the fay. She quickly added "And please don't stab him if he remains still. That's fair right!"

Then she hurried around the building hoping there was a way in that didn't involve climbing over the walls. And she picked the song with the highest notes and cheerfully sang way too loud. "AND LET'S SEE IF WE CAN'T FIND THIS SONG-HATING MUPPET!"


fox | HP 14/14 | AC 16/T16/FF12 (13/13/12) | F+3 R+4 W+5

in that case, Arris takes a 5' step and cringes


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

With some skin still left on her greasy wrists Victoria pulls free from her restraints, however the darkness has returned.

Inspire Courage +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Posh began on round 2.

Inspired Rage affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. Illthir began on round 4.

Round 13! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Stag Lord
__ Akiros
__ Falgrim
__ Salzarus
__ Bandits (dk. blue -9 hp ready; lt. blue ready)
__ Alia

__ Zokon
__ Serena -24 hp, shaken rd 2
__ Durgan barkskin, shield of faith, et. al.
__ Scarlet shield, big -10 hp
__ Posh
__ Illthir
__ Victoria
__ Arris -6 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Blonde bandit -7 hp, prone, shaken

Maps (UPPER FLOOR, and GROUND FLOOR) updated.


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 21/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Pulling another arrow from her quiver, Alia carefully takes aim at the Thug still standing(Cyan), then lets fly.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
When she hears Scarlet, she takes a look at the area below her. Certainly, there was darkness, but she saw nothing.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Moving in the dark, she tries to find something, anything, that she could use as a weapon, and heads slowly towards where she saw the door. What the hell she thinks. She bangs on the wall and shouts, "HELP ME!"


"ARRG!"

Alia hits the archer from Kressle's camp. He tries to give himself more cover but his longbow does not allow him to get too low. He takes his shot at Serena but is hampered by the arrow in his shoulder.

Torque (cyan) comp longbow v Serena (point blank): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 miss


The voice in the darkness begins an spidery incantation.


"One redhead's as good as another...." TWANG!

Arrows from above and below assail the paladin. They clatter and thunk around her.

Ayles (red) comp longbow v Serena (point blank): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 miss

"Dammit!"


The Stag Lord looks at Arris the fox. It sets off angry memories of druids.... He growls low in his chest and fires his greatbow. There's a loud yip, followed by a cruel laugh.

Stag Lord comp. longbow v Arris (point blank, deadly aim): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 hit

The Stag Lord moves back deeper into his fort. The hunt is on.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

The other bandits move about some of them ready themselves for the next unwary target.

Victoria has search by touch, so it is perception check to find a weapon amid the supply shed.

Serena looses the shaken condition.

Inspire Courage +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Posh began on round 2.

Inspired Rage affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. Illthir began on round 4.

Round 14! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Stag Lord
__ Akiros ready
__ Falgrim ready
__ Salzarus
__ Ayles
__ Bandits (dk. blue -9 hp ready; Torque (cyan) -10 hp, pink ready)
__ Alia
__ Zokon
__ Serena
-24 hp
__ Durgan barkskin, shield of faith, et. al.
__ Scarlet
shield, big -10 hp
__ Posh
__ Illthir
__ Victoria

__ Arris -16 hp, dying
__ Erevenywg
__ Blonde bandit -7 hp, prone, shaken

Maps (UPPER FLOOR, and GROUND FLOOR) updated.


Total Human Badass

"Why are you even fighting?" calls the (other) big scary man. "What's in it for you? Gold? Is that worth your lives?"


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Akiros Ismort, the Fallen wrote:
"Why are you even fighting?" calls the (other) big scary man. "What's in it for you? Gold? Is that worth your lives?"

How long am I nauseated?: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Scarlet tries to hold herself. "He killed Oleg. He used a bride's head as his toy. I'm gonna punt his head across the Shrike River. Stag Lord is going down with him. Everyone else can leave, but those two are dead- URK!" Scarlet coughs, nauseated.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Nauseated: 1d4 ⇒ 4

That spell is a bit busted....

He stays quiet trying not to draw attention to himself in his disabled state


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: None

Can Durgan move onto the roof where Salzarus is? Or is the building that he is in fully walled?


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 21/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

When chanting starts somewhere nearby, in the darkness, Alia attempts to pin-point the source, and likely position of the caster.(Move action for an active perception check)
Perception to pinpoint Salzarus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
There is too much going on, and the loud yip, as well as the inaudible retching of a giant Scarlet that seemed to try and talk distracts Alia - not wishing to waste more time aiming at the dark, she fires another arrow at the bandit she wounded previously.
Attack Cyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Alia of the Blade wrote:
There is too much going on, and the loud yip, as well as the inaudible retching of a giant Scarlet that seemed to try and talk distracts Alia - not wishing to waste more time aiming at the dark, she fires another arrow at the bandit she wounded previously.

Alia strikes the man in the neck. He clutches at the shaft for a moment before tipping over the rail of the tower and into the dust next to the fox. Right after Scarlet says everyone else can go free, and just before Illthir arrives at that exact spot to stand. ;)

Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Can Durgan move onto the roof where Salzarus is? Or is the building that he is in fully walled?

Fully built wall (10' tall from Durgan's position), however there is no roof except for the storage area, from which Durgan can hear someone (Victoria) calling for help.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
RPGGGM wrote:

Alia strikes the man in the neck. He clutches at the shaft for a moment before tipping over the rail of the tower and into the dust next to the fox. Right after Scarlet says everyone else can go free, and just before Illthir arrives at that exact spot to stand. ;)

Something something diplomacy and bigger stick.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: None

Durgan retrieves and drinks his remaining Potion of Enlarge Person. Should make it easier to climb over the wall into the keep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status: | Hp 20/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Hey! This is *not* what the raining men song is about!" Illthir loudly complains as the body nearly falls ontop of her. She then does her best to squeeze between the stone wall and the palisade.

Move action to move. Other action tbd


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Victoria feels a sharp sting in her side as her familiar drops. She can barely remains standing. She thought the pain that had been inflicted already was bad, but this... "Oh, Arris," she whispers. "I'm so sorry." She halfheartedly continues her search for a weapon, but she's been thoroughly demoralized at this point.


fox | HP 14/14 | AC 16/T16/FF12 (13/13/12) | F+3 R+4 W+5

stabilize?: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 = 5
The poor little fox lies on the ground, unconscious and unmoving. Blood seeps from his wound.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status: | Hp 20/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Wis Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ooooh! Bright and shiny!

Will Save?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

No wait! Don't look at that crap!


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: None

If Durgan (now nearly 9' tall) can grab the top of the wall, is it easier to pull himself up and over than if he needed to find handholds?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Pulling yourself up a ledge is Climb (DC 15).


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena dashes down the stairs to engage the horned man, laying on hands again as she goes. (LoH heals 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of damage.) "Face me, villain! she shouts as she slashes with her scimitar.

Serena vs. Staggie(?): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Technically, he's not supposed to be there yet. I was starting to post actions last night when I realized that someone (no names!) had gone to Disneyland. ;) I must of left him there after I deleted my posts. But sure, he's there.

He is behind a wall though... but, he's drunk and noisier than normal.

Now the problem becomes getting to him. Serena (speed 20') has to traverse some difficult terrain--stairs (or jump over them) to reach him, and you can't charge through anything that can slow you down. So how do you want to handle this? It takes 30' of move to reach him from where Serena started, and there isn't enough space on the landing above for a running jump over the stair.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Hmmm. Yeah, I forgot that she is moving only 20 feet. Okay, she'll try to close with him, still using the LoH as she goes. She will get as close as she can this turn, with the intent of clashing with him next turn.

"Face me in combat, foul one! Prove your worth!"


At first the Stag Lord staggers back in shock and surprise at the woman's sudden appearance, he recovers though, lifts his bow and fires with a sneer.

Stag Lord comp. longbow v Serena (point blank, deadly aim, favored enemy): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15 hit!

Serena staggers as the shaft buries itself in her chest above her heart. everything goes quiet and then choral music begins to fill her ears. Herr balance seems off, Serena though fights on!

Stag Lord comp. longbow v Serena (point blank, deadly aim, favored enemy): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 hit

That's when the second arrow hits and she collapses to the stony ground.

"I do not have to prove anything to anyone anymore. I am 'monster' and that for me is enough." are the last whispered words Serena hears before blacking out.


Ayles standing atop some rubble sees it all and then he sees Illthir slip into the northern side of the keep, he takes aim and fires at her.

*TWANG!*

Ayles (red) comp longbow v Illthir (point blank): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 miss

The arrow passes above her shoulder.

"Someone's gonna pay for Jeb!"


The chanting stops, and a voice in the darkness says something in a tongue unknown to most surface dwellers.

Undercommon:
"Try not to damage her face."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

A small dark shadowy naked thing appears on the wall a few feet away from Alia. It reaches out for her with boneless arms that seem to go on forever. It reaches for Alia's throat.

tentacle v Alia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 grab?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 miss
tentacle v Alia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 grab?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 hit, no grab


Total Human Badass
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Akiros Ismort, the Fallen wrote:
"Why are you even fighting?" calls the (other) big scary man. "What's in it for you? Gold? Is that worth your lives?"
Scarlet tries to hold herself. "He killed Oleg. He used a bride's head as his toy. I'm gonna punt his head across the Shrike River. Stag Lord is going down with him. Everyone else can leave, but those two are dead- URK!" Scarlet coughs, nauseated.

The man steps around the corner, coming right up to the staggered giant Scarlet.

"And then what? Build your own little bandit camp? Raid Mivon, Pitax, and Brevoy? Hmm? Or are you working for one of them? Not that it matters much. They're no better. This is no place for civilized people. Whether I kill you and the bowman over there or you kill me. It doesn't much matter. Someone will always be doing what we're doing--killing ourselves." He raises his sword in salute.... Readied action.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

The other bandits move about some of them ready themselves for the next unwary target.

Inspire Courage +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Posh began on round 2.

Inspired Rage affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. Illthir began on round 4.

Round 15! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Stag Lord
__ Akiros ready
__ Falgrim ready
__ Salzarus/the summoned thing (Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 12)
__ Ayles
__ Bandits (dk. blue down; Torque (cyan) down; pink ready)
__ Alia
__ Zokon

__ Serena -47 hp, dying
__ Durgan barkskin, shield of faith, et. al.
__ Scarlet
shield, big -10 hp
__ Posh
__ Illthir
__ Victoria

__ Arris -17 hp, dying
__ Erevenywg
__ Blonde bandit -7 hp, prone, shaken

Maps (UPPER FLOOR, and GROUND FLOOR) updated.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Oh boy, it's one of you types." Scarlet coughs, unable to do much. "I fight to protect. My hands are bloody, but that means someone else isn't." Scarlet keeps talking. At least Zokon can get away.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: None

Durgan grabs the top of the wall, pulls himself up, and clambers down the other side.
Climb, 22 Str, +4 Deadly Juggernaut, -5 ACP: 1d20 + 6 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 4 - 5 = 20
Is that a single move action? If so, and Serena is within range, he'll channel to heal and stabilize her. He can't move enough to cover the fox with a channel, but probably doesn't even know it is there.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

"Aww to hell with them all," she spits as she feels the fox's life fading away. One thing that's easy to do in the dark is knock stuff over. She rips off a piece of her clothing and uses it to wipe off some of the grease from her foot. Then she reaches back up to where her manacles were and begins smacking them together to try to give off a spark. Maybe if I can see... or start a fire.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Not being able to do much else he engages the talker to try and distract him from fighting Scarlet "You seem oddly talkative for one who does not seem to care and you have the wrong idea about us, we are hoping to civilise this place, to bring law, safety and opportunity to all those who dwell in these lands. ." ... hrrrkkkk

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 21/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia drops the bow and draws her Estoc, hearing the dissonant harmony of song between Posh and Illthir from both sides of the wall.
Empowering her blade, with Arcane Power and a spell of Frost, she stabs forward at the creature:"First you, then your master!"

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20 Physical Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 16 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Lesser Spirit Totem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Negative Energy(lets hope it's not undead): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Drawing weapon provokes - if he manages to grab me there, obviously some stuff needs revision.
Otherwise a Swift to empower with Arcane, and Spellstrike with Frostbite.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

Durgan grabs the top of the wall, pulls himself up, and clambers down the other side.

Is that a single move action? If so, and Serena is within range, he'll channel to heal and stabilize her. He can't move enough to cover the fox with a channel, but probably doesn't even know it is there.

Climbing up and letting himself over the wall can be done as a move action. It puts Durgan on the second floor of the ruined tower. He is not quite in range of Serena yet to channel. She's 35 feet horizontally removed and 20 feet lower than Durgan position (a2 + b2 = c2) and there is a floor in the way of a channeled burst. 3D in Pathfinder is weird.

Victoria Velasco wrote:
"Aww to hell with them all," she spits as she feels the fox's life fading away. One thing that's easy to do in the dark is knock stuff over. She rips off a piece of her clothing and uses it to wipe off some of the grease from her foot. Then she reaches back up to where her manacles were and begins smacking them together to try to give off a spark. Maybe if I can see... or start a fire.

dice:
Wis: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Sure she can do that. There was lots of wood and rope and whatnot all about. It is normally a survival check, but Victoria is doing it blind so DC 14.

Alia of the Blade wrote:
Drawing weapon provokes....

Actually it doesn't normally.

Zokon Santyev wrote:
Not being able to do much else he engages the talker to try and distract him from fighting Scarlet "You seem oddly talkative for one who does not seem to care and you have the wrong idea about us, we are hoping to civilise this place, to bring law, safety and opportunity to all those who dwell in these lands. ." ... hrrrkkkk

Obviously you don't get to make the check just yet, the obvious reason being the status effect but it also takes time. When the check is made though we'll use this one.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Alia of the Blade wrote:

Alia drops the bow and draws her Estoc, hearing the dissonant harmony of song between Posh and Illthir from both sides of the wall.

Empowering her blade, with Arcane Power and a spell of Frost, she stabs forward at the creature:"First you, then your master!"

The thing, whatever it was, falls lifeless from the wall.


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 21/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Go figure. Picking it up from the ground and sheating it does, not drawing. My mistake. Casting Frostbite does, however, unless I cast defensively. In the interest of not needing to retcon stuff:
Concentration to cast defensively: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 3 = 27


Status: | Hp 20/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Luckily the Spirit Totem will only attack living foes. Sadly you need to pick if you want the song at the start of your turn and for non-Illthir people it blocks spells.

But I'm glad someone wanted the free attack at least! : )

"Rude!" Illthir shouts in her empowered voice at the archer trying to shoot her. Then she adds a harmony of magic into the song and conjures a slippery surface behind and under the rude archer!

Grease; DC 15

Then she rushes forward to let the spirits of war tear into him!

To Hit!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Damage?: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I'm not sure if Inspire Courage applies to the spirit totem or not; if it does +1/1 on the above!


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: None

Durgan uses his remaining move action to move into the darkness, up to Salzarus (but also within reach of the door to where he hears some banging).

Will if needed against Loathsome Veil: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30

9,551 to 9,600 of 11,104 << first < prev | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.