Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


11,351 to 11,370 of 11,370 << first < prev | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | next > last >>

I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Is Illthir still skalding? How many rounds does haste have?

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions haste, bless, Inspired rage(!?) and now obscuring mist!

Round 7! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


"Should I breath that way?" Erevenywg asks.


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 34/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

haste ended last round, as it only has 5 rounds after casting. will get in a post later tonight.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena does as Durgan suggests, focusing her attention upon the stone circle and seeking the presence of evil intent. Serenrae, lend me your eyes. Let me see the presence of the wicked!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
haste ended last round, as it only has 5 rounds after casting.

Corrected.

Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena does as Durgan suggests, focusing her attention upon the stone circle and seeking the presence of evil intent. Serenrae, lend me your eyes. Let me see the presence of the wicked!

Serena:
There is EVIL here!

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, Inspired rage(!?) and now obscuring mist!

Round 7! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros

__ Serena -4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Pausing the skalding for now I think, will resume once enemy attacks :)

Also wild guess time: Lind is of ice witch decent. Girl is runaway witchling or something. Trolls will take both home to ice witch land. Lind is somewhat confident that he can get ice witch family to bully trolls?

And stone circle might look like fey gate?

"Yeah no let's grab both and get away from here! Nothing strange happening in that circle yet? Great." Illthir decides and withdraws the same way Zokon was going.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Get out of there, follow the sound of my voice." he calls out

While looking around for threats


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Balzeros of the Narl wrote:
[dice=Slam vs Chain]1d20+3;1d8

And (I almost forgot) the hit Balzeros delivers doesn't seem to do anything to the iron chain.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

"Can't grab them and get out of here - they are chained to a rock!"
Durgan casts Bull's Strength on himself.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Profession(Elven Smith): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
"You don't break the chain. You break a link. Use a piece of metal, place it in one of the rings, then apply brute force to the back of it - it will widen the ring and cause the link to snap -", Alia offers helpful advice in handling the chains.
In other news - If Argentov was chained to a rock as well, won't "finding" him in the mist be as easy as following the chain? He cast and moved - even if he has some means to unlock himself, he should still be contained for now...


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Alia can gauge that the chain probably has a Hardness of about 10. Break DC in the mid-20s.

Note: I moved Fergus to a position he described above.

If Alia is still concentrating on detect magic:
She sees that there are 19 auras all told, the most powerful seems to be of moderate intensity.

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and now obscuring mist!

Round 7! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan -8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena -4 hp
__ Alia {concentrating (maybe)}
__ Illthir -1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 41/41 | AC: 20 T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 4+1/5+1, 2nd 1+1/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 1/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Balzeros looks on in exasperation when people encourage movement after his words, but exhales in relief when Durgan echoes his words.

"Break the chain, break the link, what's the difference? Do you have metal and a hammer or something to do this?" he asks Alia, not really sure what to make of her words. Ideally we'd have an anvil too, but we don't!
________
Aid (This Turn): 1d20 ⇒ 9
Aid (Next Turn): 1d20 ⇒ 14
If someone goes to break the chain, he will aid. Durgan seems set to do so next turn, so I rolled an aid for both turns to not slow us up waiting for a 50% chance for a +2.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Considering I am a Smith, and just spent the 2 days before our departure at a Forge enchanting Durgans Armor, and have Masterwork Tools for doing so, yes, I do have metal and a hammer - I dare say I left those with the ship, though. (Also I spent the time on the ship crafting durable metal arrows...) The concept still applies, lay the chain on the ground, stick a dagger through a link, hammer down on the dagger with a rock or tree limb - easier than trying to "cut" or "smash" a link - it was meant as a remote aid check using my experience as smith. As for my portable anvil, that is with the donkey. I just don't know where the donkey went.
@GM: And yes, I am still concentrating.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"A big rock? Dammit!" The skald cursed herself for paying more attention to fire breathing fey and strange men then the mundane problems. She hesitated a little and then threw her old hammer back at them. "Use this!"

She has only moved about 30' - I'll move her back is she tried to go further - and her Lucerne Hammer is a hammer with a hefty lever being a pole weapon and all. It also has +2 to sunder medium/heavy armour which might apply to chains (or rocks!) if one asks the GM nicely :)


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 34/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

How is the girl bound to the chain? Just one bind? How tight does it seem? wondering if there is a possibility of slipping through.

Fergus leans down to inspect the chain further. Particularly the part that keeps the girl bound to it.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

"Fergus! Beware, I sense evil from that direction! We may be betrayed!"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
How is the girl bound to the chain?

One official ankle manacle (usually about a DC 30 to slip out of) which is attached via a length of chain the other end of which is attached by a thick metal staple hammered into the stone megalith.

The hafts of weapons like Illthir's hammer are probably too thick to stick in between the links. That and if you used them as a lever would probably break. Hafted weapons naturally break easier than swords, because there is more wood involved in their construction.

For those interested in damaging the chain, a person can stand in the same space as it (basically leaning over it) to avoid having to roll the 20% (or 50% if you are further than 5' away) miss chance caused by the sudden fog. Only one person at a time can do this though. The broken megaliths of course provide you with enough stone to work on.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

The lucerne hammer has a decent sized spike at the back side of the hammer bit like so which would be what one would jam into the chain links. The head is attached with a decent length of metal and one could limit the lever length to that bit if one were really worried. Depends on how big the links actually are of course!

Just hooking it into the link closes to the rock and prying the whole thing out of the rock might be another workable approach - again a question of how big of a chain we are actually talking about :D


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 34/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

would a grease spell make slipping out of the ankle lock manageable?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
The lucerne hammer has a decent sized spike at the back side of the hammer bit like so which would be what one would jam into the chain links.

The chain is sturdy enough that you would probably want to use a crowbar before using the spike otherwise you are likely to turn that spike into a hook.

Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
would a grease spell make slipping out of the ankle lock manageable?

A +2 circumstance bonus, but not any more. It's not exactly a grapple.

11,351 to 11,370 of 11,370 << first < prev | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.