GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,051 to 4,100 of 8,293 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>

NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"I'm here," Ben annouces, dismissing his magic invisibility. He smiles at Florence and puts a hand on her shoulder. "..." He seems about to say something, but eventually does not find the right words. He gazes for a long time in her eyes, then moves on.

"If you are not going to let me research mold spores, than at least I demand the right to bathe before the dinner with Muminofrah."


Zilchus seems inclined to leave, but then spins on his heels, retracing his steps, looking for something he had thought he had seen. He walks quickly, then slowly, then quickly again over ground that he had already trod upon. At first he is looking to the ground, then looking up and over...to the platform!

"Ah ha! And you all thought I was done being amazing and heroic today...but no...look there! A secret door!" Zilchus points to the secret door above the platform behind him.

"Ah...let's just check this out. We've already been punished for being here, we can't possibly get attacked again."

Zilchus heroically checks the area for traps, then heroically opens the door.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 32 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus heroically opens the trap door to reveal a small chamber containing the treasures of the tomb! In addition to around 13,500gp in artifacts and gems, you find the following (ID’d by Benedictus).

Corset of Dire Witchcraft
Staff of Minor Arcana (for some reason it has Mage Armor instead of Shield however)
Boots of Striding and Springing

You expect you’ll need to fence trade the artifacts through Abdur in Wati, as you don’t want to be caught in Tephu selling items stolen from their library…


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence regards Ben with a mixture of relief and puzzlement, briefly touching his hand before he pulls it away from her shoulder.

Are you still angry with me, Ben?

She does crack a small smile at his words. "You and me both," she agrees. "I feel disgusting right now and a proper bath would be wonderful."

When Zilchus reveals what she hopes is the last of the hidden doors, she tenses up for another fight or trap...but then relaxes when they're instead greeted by the multitude of treasures and gems. This time, there's no doubt or hesitation on her part.

"Take it all, I say. Plenty for each of us and enough for Cahal and her family to live comfortably on for the rest of their lives!"

As Ben pores over their newest acquisitions, Florence's eyes keep traveling to the rather lacy corset. And when it's unique properties are revealed, she looks to the others hopefully.

"Um...? May I...?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Ah...let's just check this out. We've already been punished for being here, we can't possibly get attacked again."

Yeah, we shoudn't be attacked again, Nidhi silently agrees with Zilchus' logic. Nidhi also notes: He's awfully confident about his abilities... Totally different from when I was pumping up the crowd back in Wati.

Nidhi eyes the corset up and down. "Yeah! You'd looks great in that, Flo. You should wear it tonight!" Nidhi strokes her chin, nodding: "add some paint to your lips and the guards will be dropping their swords." Nidhi laughs at the idea of guards dropping their weapons. Florence's arrival at the party turns into some Beauty and the Beast fantasy in Nidhi's mind, but Nidhi's fantastical imaginings are abruptly ruined with Ben's thin frame. Ugh. Where's the muscle? Nidhi closes her eyes and focuses: Ben is replaced by a muscular woman wearing a sleeveless top with thick, flexing arms. Mmh, better.

"I think we should keep the boots for now. One of us should wear them until we can afford something better." Nidhi doesn't seem particularly taken by the footwear, but will wear them (for now) if nobody else wants to.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You have maybe an hour or so before the party though there’s not an ‘official’ starting time, dusk seemed to be the order of the day.

You climb the long ladder a few hundred feet back to the surface where the cool of the library meets the hot sun of the desert. Cahal bids you all a fond farewell as she rushes to catch the ferry.

The rest head happily back to Purusha’s Inn, where the heat of the day has crept into the shuttered building. As you change, and make other preparations, you can’t hep but sweat a little as the sun bakes the building. Opening a window is worse, as the low rays pierce the room heating it up even faster. You just have to wait for nightfall to cool off.


Zilchus declines to bathe (outside of a quick beer bath) and will be ready to leave for the party as soon as the women are. He has a few light pre-drinks to get him into the mood.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"You think so?" Florence asks of Nidhi, suddenly feeling a little shy to be having this conversation in front of both Ben and Zilchus. But the idea intrigues her; she could always use her magical sleeves to adjust her clothing into something that would be appropriate for the party and work with the corset.

And maybe Ben would like it, too.

"Um, okay! I'll wear it," she agrees. "And the boots would definitely suit you or one of the others better than they would me."
_______

Once they arrive back at Purusha's, Florence does what she can to clean herself up for the party. With the sun proving hotter than usual, she opts for a rather quick, lukewarm bath to both rinse off and cool off a little before time comes to get dressed. In the shared room, now a little quieter and emptier for Cahal's absence, Florence shimmies into her newly-acquired corset and asks for Nidhi's help in getting it cinched up before using her Sleeves of Many Garments to complete the effect.

As she studies herself in the mirror, she tries a smile...which quickly falters and she leans against the mirror with her head resting on her forearm.

Am I really this desperate to keep Ben's attention? I never was like this back home...

But maybe if he'll talk to you, you can find out what's bothering him. And apologize. And you know...sometimes it's nice to dress up a bit and be pretty for awhile.

Yeah...I guess, Florence sighs silently. She glances over her shoulder at Nidhi, also making her own preparations for the party. "Hey Nidhi? You really liked Cahal, didn't you. What are you going to do now that she's gone?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben gasps when Florence mentions them *both* taking a bath.

Idiot, both and together is quite a different notion.

In order to conceal his blushing face, Benedictus focuses on the magic items, and takes particular interest in the staff.

May I keep it?,” he asks to his friends. When Florence claims the corset, Ben blushes again, but skillfully conceals his reaction with a simple technique: keep talking. “Zilchus, Nidhi. One of you should really keep the boots.

***

For the occasion of the dinner with Muminofrah, Ben wears an elegant suit in Chelaxian fashion he had brought with him upon his first arrival in Wati.

My father’s last gift…“Women will fall at your feets when you will be old enough to wear it. Handmade weaving my son, and the best cloth from Qadira. Wear it with pride!” I would have never thought to actually wear it…

The suit is black, with hellish red details. Ben chooses a bordeaux tie knot rather then the red and white pois papillon, but he ties the papillon around Ptolomy’s neck.

You have to be elegant too, buddy. Today you will stay visible, unless a danger arises.

***

She looks so beautiful…” Ben comments, mouth agape, when Florence shows up. His lips make his words pretty clear to everyone, included Florence, although the comment was intended to be heard only by Zilchus. Realizing these, Ben blushes and swallows, musters his courage and offers Florence his hand, kissing it with courtly savoir-faire matured during his years in Cheliax.

Ben wears his elegant suit with self-confidence, used to wear suits from his times as a professor at the Egorian University.

You look gorgeous…,” Ben whispers in Florence’s in a fluid movement after kissing her hand. “I’m sorry about before…

Ben finds himself wondering whether to offer his arm or not to Florence in order to walking arm-in-arm with her to the dinner. A bit undecided, and still shy, Benedictus eventually gives up: he does not have enough resolve to take as much initiative, not in front of everyone. He blushes, clearly discontent with his inability to do what he is clearly wanting to do, and sighs.

Shall we go?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The group assembles after refreshing themselves and heads over to Muminofrah’s pleasure barge. You are let through the guards easily and onto the barge where the party is already well on its way though you’re not late. There are many partygoers, and the staff are everywhere providing a variety of fanciful drinks and hors d’oeuvres. Muminofrah rises from her cushions and joins you as you come aboard. ”Welcome my friends, Zilchus. Please, join us! I’m afraid we’ve started without you, but you understand.”

Grinning like a Cheshire cat, she seats you around the cushions, with Zilchus close by. She retakes her place and immediately begins with small talk. She does ask how your investigations are going, but she doesn’t listen closely to the answers as she gazes longingly in Zilchus deep brooding eyes.

So it’s clear, she has granted you access to the library in an open ended way. You can assume, if you wish, that the access is still granted and may not need to request further access. You know you have some more research to do yet in the Dark Depository and have a lead on another library, the Vault of Hidden Wisdom, as well as Azghaad’s Spire in Sothis.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Zilchus, Nidhi. One of you should really keep the boots.

Zilchus examines the boots, twisting them over in his hands then tries them on. He looks briefly to Nidhi, but then stamps his unclean feet into the boots. He rises, testing out each foot individual. "Well...I think they fit me just fine. Probably too big for Nidhi," Zilchus does a small jump that feels pretty good.

He walks over to get his ale, enjoying the quickened walking experience. He takes another sip, then walks around a bit more in the jumpy and springy shoes.

"Hey Ben!? These are kind of nice! Yeah...yeah...if Nidhi doesn't want them, I could use them. They help me move...good," Zilchus rolls his hips getting into the spirit of the boots.

He didn't do much washing up or cleaning before the party. He ran some water through his hair and thought about shaving, but decided it was close enough. He continues to work through an ale, waiting for Nidhi and Florence.

"Yeah, Ben, these boots ain't as nice as that new 'chill'-axian suit you have on, but these are pretty nice," Zilchus says, offering Ben an ale while they wait.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
“She looks so beautiful…”

Zilchus looks up and shrugs. "Yeah, I guess so..." He whispers back. "I guess. If you can get women like that, then I guess that's what you'd like."

He seems very surprised when Ben rises to greet Florence very formally...and then even rolls his eyes. That doesn't work on women. That's not how you do it. The best way to get women is to be handsome. Otherwise, you're doomed, and you'll have to pay for it, like me.

Zilchus shakes his head, stands up, drains his cup and is ready to go.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I propose one final divvy, before the new player joins us. In this distribution, I also suggest Benedictus receive a larger share. He’s fallen behind a little and I’d like to even him out this level. To that end, Benedictus receives 6,312gp and the rest of the party receives 2,700gp each. This way Ben is a little closer to everyone else (and you’re all slightly above WBL after this distribution).

Please note that while I’m doing the divvy now for convenience, you don’t have the funds until you sell the goods through Abdur - so back to Wati you must go before you can cash out or buy other gear.

Cahal takes her share, and plans to live a long life of moderate luxury in Wati.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Will leave the potential conversation with Nidhi to flex-time; feel free to post a reply to it as you're able to Nidhi!
________

After finishing her preparations, Florence makes her way back downstairs with Nidhi to meet up with the others. At the sight of Ben in his Chelaxian suit, Florence looks at first surprised and then delighted. She'd never actually seen Ben all dressed up before and the end result was both appealing to the eye - her eye, anyway - yet also so very Ben. And that suited her just fine. Really, there was only one possible caveat that she could see.

Oh no, won't he be hot wearing that??

"Um, thank you," Florence whispers in reply, blushing a little as Ben kisses her hand. She makes a mental note to buy Nidhi a drink or something later, as thanks for suggesting she wear the corset right away. "And I'm sorry, too." As they draw apart from one another, Florence grins as she spots Ptolemy in his dapper little papillon. "Ptolemy! That's a good look for you," she laughs. "I'm not sure which look I like better, yours or Ben's," Florence adds with a wink. "Now I'm wondering if I should've put a little bow tie on Bynx! Ah well, maybe next time."

She turns face Zilchus and Nidhi; whether she missed Zilchus' eye-rolling or just doesn't care, isn't clear. "Yes, let's get going. This must just be a party for ages, after all!"
________

Once they arrive at the barge and are seated on the many cushions, Florence tries to relax and enjoy the party and Ben's company. Still, she can't help but shoot occasional nervous glances at Zilchus and at Nidhi, especially as Muminofrah makes it apparent that she really only has eyes and ears for the warrior.

"I just hope that this party goes better than the last time we were here..." she whispers to Ben.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Florence and Nidhi’s Conversation:
Nidhi strips off her white linen shirt and cotton pants so she can scrub out the sweat and dirt. Then, she secures her clothing to the railing of a window so they can dry in the desert heat while she bathes.

Florence Corvina wrote:
Yeah...I guess, Florence sighs silently. She glances over her shoulder at Nidhi, also making her own preparations for the party. "Hey Nidhi? You really liked Cahal, didn't you. What are you going to do now that she's gone?"

Nidhi sits and brushes out her hair, considering Florence’s question. Sighing, Nidhi confirms: ”yes, I did. She was my first love. A perfect specimen of strength” Nidhi taps her elbow with the flat palm of her hand suggesting a forearm shiver. ”And softness,” with both hands, Nidhi crudely grabs at her own “softness” on her chest. Nidhi lets out a wistful sigh and goes back to brushing her hair.

After finishing the thick, French braid, Nidhi turns to her confidant: ”You know, when my father was still around, he’d take me to the fighting pit. He’s wasn’t father of the year - taking his daughter to those kinds of shows but… I’m glad he did. I got to see what a real lover looks like.” (Nidhi is intrigued by WWE-esk drama, which she believed to be true as a child. Perhaps she still does.)

Nidhi gazes off into space again, drawn into a fantastical memory. ”I guess, I was distracted by Cahal’s pouty lips and her tight, tight –“ An idea pops into Nidhi’s head, ”Florence, I know I need to look past the twenty-four inch pythons and into the soul, but it’s so difficult! Maybe you can help me. I mean, you seem really grounded. How do you do it? …I mean, focusing on the person inside instead of the person outside. An image of Ben forms in Nidhi’s mind, focusing on the inside... Nidhi changes the direction of the conversation: ”I’m a very demanding lover, Flo. I’d refuse to share our bed with anyone else.” Nidhi leans back in her chair and tilts her head, ”does my loyalty surprise you?” Nidhi leans forward, narrows her eyes, and her voice takes on a serious tone: ”I want you to know I take love very seriously, Florence. Love is the best way to control someone; make them do WHATEVER you want… So if I’m giving my heart away, they’d better be equipped to protect it.”

Nidhi relaxes and lets on a sensual smile, revealing another secret: ”you know, that’s why all of my charm spells are sensual in nature. It’s the best way to convince someone of something!”

Nidhi casts Mending on her white traveling cloak and worn traveling boots to makes them look newer. She retrieves her other clothes from the window, lacing the plain cotton ribbon in x’s on her shirt and the one at the waist of her pants. Nidhi’s airy clothing isn’t form-fitting like Florence’s corset, but it breathes well in the heat. Nidhi adorns all of her jewelry, acquired through the party’s various adventures and shrugs on her white traveling cloak. She closes her traveling cloak with her blue silk scarf, wrapped tightly around her waist.

Lastly, Nidhi picks up the mask. The mask she enjoys but also dislikes. I and I alone bear the sacrifice of not being able to eat or drink while I adorn this mask. The others know not the suffering that I endure for the sake of the party! Nidhi lifts the mask into the air and brings it close to her chest in a ritualistic fashion. ”I. Am ready!” Nidhi dramatically announces to Florence. Nidhi pulls the mask over her head and adjusts the straps. Nidhi will cast Disguise on herself for the travel between the tavern and the party.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about WWE except what South Park taught me, BROTHER!
Randy Savage is hilarious. I love his outfits

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
“She looks so beautiful…” Ben comments, mouth agape, when Florence shows up. His lips make his words pretty clear to everyone, included Florence, although the comment was intended to be heard only by Zilchus.

Due to previous conversations, Nidhi knows who Ben’s compliment pertains to. She smiles knowingly and glances over at Florence. Nidhi’s gaze shifts from Florence to Ben and suddenly, she feels like some sort of chaperone. Ben had asked her for advice and she and Florence… Well, they had confided in each other in the special way friends sometimes do. Nidhi takes to walking in front of the couple to give them more privacy. Nidhi enjoys the walk but the exercise feels a bit reminiscent of Wati. Nidhi shakes her head as if to clear her thoughts and focuses on what she’ll say at the party - something to make herself the star diplomat again. Jealousy begins to grip at Nidhi's heart again, UGH! He's. Such. An. Oaf! Nidhi looks over at Zilchus as they walk and frowns. Why is he so perfect at everything? Muscle-y things... Finding out about the heart... Gettin' in with the nobles...

GM Euan wrote:
Grinning like a Cheshire cat, she seats you around the cushions, with Zilchus close by. She retakes her place and immediately begins with small talk. She does ask how your investigations are going, but she doesn’t listen closely to the answers as she gazes longingly in Zilchus deep brooding eyes.

Nidhi frowns when Zilchus’ name is singled out but Muminofrah does bother with the rest of them. Her mood quickly improves when the party is invited, yet again, to sit on plump cushions and (eat luxurious food?) Seated, Nidhi unbuckles the straps of the headband and carefully lifts off her mask. She places the mask securely in her lap (before reaching for food?) If there’s honey, Nidhi garnishes everything she eats with it.

Despite Muminofrah’s focus on Zilchus, Nidhi attempts to draw attention to herself: ”I’m glad you recognize the power and strength of Zilchus, beautiful Muminofrah. He proved himself again and again today. You see, there was this gigantic crocodile golem that Zilchus practically struck down all by himself! …but I’m sure that’s not surprising. He is, of course, the person in our party we all pine over. Yes, those toned-abs are a cruuuuuel mistress. Cahal ended up leaving our party because he refused to let her touch them.” Nidhi continues on about Zilchus’ body to Muminofrah: ”You know, most people have a six pack – but I swear Zilchus has eight! You should take a look under all that armor sometime. To see for yourself.” Nidhi winks at Zilchus, trying to “get in” with Muminofrah’s favor by using him.

Perform (+18) or Diplomacy (+14): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 Flatter/Be engaging

Bluff (Why Cahal left): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 (lol, 20)

Florence Corvina wrote:
Still, she can't help but shoot occasional nervous glances at Zilchus and at Nidhi, especially as Muminofrah makes it apparent that she really only has eyes and ears for the warrior.

Undaunted by whatever response (or lack thereof) Muminofrah gives to Nidhi, the young bard persists with her attempts for attention. Nidhi clears her throat, ”Ahem. Oh! How could I forget?! Magnificent Muminofrah, you will not believe what we found! NUDE caricatures in the Spiral Archive! They were quite a sight to behold. Ben found them first and Zilchus personally assessed their quality. Well, what did you think Zilchus? Are they worthy of Muminofrah’s keen eye?” Nidhi tries to insert herself into the brewing concoction of Muminofrah and Zilchus.

”Muminofrah, I’ve been working on a song for you. Perhaps I can sing it while Zilchus dances for you?” Nidhi leans over as if she’s divulging a secret: ”He’s quite the acrobat, you know.” Nidhi straightens, adding: ”from what I’ve seen in combat.” Without waiting for confirmation, Nidhi begins to sing:

Perform (Ode to Muminofrah): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

”Her Excellency, Muminofrah.
There’s no finer woman as she, so
Sensual in femininity and smarts.
A mortal goddess of no compare!"

"May the gods give her infinite blessings
So that she can spread, no – smother us,
With her generously and affection.
May my song be proof of unwavering loyalty
And Zilchus’ dance of everlasting love.”

Regardless of Zilchus’ decision to dance, Nidhi still sings the closing line. Nidhi begins to clap for her own performance and elbows Florence and Ben to try to get them to clap too. ”I hope my singing was at least passable. You deserve only the best, Muminofrah, and I’m afraid I come up rather… subpar. Nidhi lifts the back of her hand to her forehead before helping herself to more food.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Florence Corvina wrote:

"I just hope that this party goes better than the last time we were here..." she whispers to Ben.

"I'm sure it will!," answers Ben with a confident smile.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"Muminofrah, I’ve been working on a song for you. Perhaps I can sing it while Zilchus dances for you?"

Ben leans in to whisper something to Florence. "On second thought, maybe it may go even worse than the last time..."

The scholar looks at Zilchus, waiting for his reaction. There is worry and concern in his look, but this time he does not step in to avoid troubles.

It's time they settle this thing, once and for all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Euan wrote:
”Welcome my friends, Zilchus. Please, join us! I’m afraid we’ve started without you, but you understand.”

Zilch nods and smiles, taking two drinks from a passing staff. He downs one immediately, putting the empty cup back on the staff's tray upside down and then takes his other drink with him to go begin chatting up Muminofrah.

He's getting pretty drunk, which is perfect because that was his plan all day today.

This party ain't so bad.

Zilchus will answer Mumi's questions and add some additional color, speaking as much truth as he remembers...but mostly his story is about his failed attempts to find nudie drawings while at the same time finding a big piece of the puzzle. And he drinks more and more.

After about the 4th drink, Zilchus doesn't need much encouragement to dance. He's practically swaying and swerving as he walks, dancing isn't far off. He might have a hard time keeping his feet, however, but he's sure that more booze will fix that.

He has no rhythm and doesn't even need music to miss the beats when he dances. But he does dance, stumble, bumble, and hootenanny all over barge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Nidhi:

"You know, I've not really thought about it that way," Florence admits. "Not in those words, anyway. I mean, I...I don't want my growing closer with Ben to end up putting everyone in danger because I'm distracted at just the wrong time...or to make anyone uncomfortable."

She sighs, looking down at her hands. They'd softened somewhat since she'd left Cassomir but anyone who looked closely could still see the hint of a callus here, slight discoloration there. Remnants of a youth spent grinding herbs, working them with her hands. Chemical spills, major and minor. Patience...and caution.

"And I don't know, Nidhi. What is it you want? I mean, really really want? If it's just a lover you want then seeing into the soul probably isn't that important," Florence asks, looking up. "That's okay, you know. And maybe it'll always be that way or maybe one day you'll want the muscles and the softness and someone whose company you enjoy outside of the bedroom just as much as inside. That's when looking into the soul might matter a little more," she smiles.

"Look...life hasn't been easy for me in a long time, even before I came to Osirion," she explains, her expression growing somber. "I wasn't looking to find love or even just a lover and now I might be on my way to having both. It's wonderful and terrifying all at once, to be so vulnerable with someone. So...I think I understand what you mean. But I'm not sure if I can help you on the pythons thing...I mean, you like what you like, you know? If only more of us could be that open with each other."


_______

Florence chuckles a bit as Nidhi keeps laying it on thick and fast for Muminofrah, not particularly surprised. She still didn't really understand why her friend had turned things into a competition for the noblewoman's attention but at least Zilchus didn't seem to mind it so much this time.

Hmm, maybe he's forgiven...oh, no, I think it's the spirits... she thinks to herself when Zilchus actually gets up to dance. Her jaw drops slightly and she watches for a moment, not sure whether to be impressed at his nerve (bolstered by liquid courage) or laugh herself silly. She decides to settle on somewhere in the middle.

"Go Zilchus, go!" she calls out, clapping in time to the music. Then she looks to Ben and Nidhi and anyone else sitting nearby. "Maybe we should dance too? It might be fun!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Muminofrah takes a closer look at Nidhi as she, seemingly out of thin air, produces a very fine song in her honor. She does so love songs in her honor. As the song ends (though perhaps Zilchus continues to dance to his own muse a moment longer), there’s a disturbance.

As some of you remember, a great palace towers over the canal, fronted with a palisade of beautifully painted pillars in dazzling colors. In front of the palace, moored to a magnificent marble quay, a luxurious river barge (image) wallows in the turbid waters of the canal. Between the barge and the palace, a makeshift camp of colorful tents and stalls has sprung up, creating a small village worth of bustling activity. All here to serve the Ruby Prince’s representative in Tephu.

With Muminofrah of Sothis (image) in residence, the palace and its grounds have become the center of a storm of movement and excitement, housing countless traders and petitioners bearing trade goods and gifts for the visiting noblewoman. Muminofrah herself spends most of her time on her pleasure barge moored in the canal, her privacy protected from the rabble on shore by hefty, tanned guards wearing heavy armor and carrying scimitars.

As the group chats, and even dances, with Muminofrah, the long shadows of the setting sun grow longer, and seem to bulk up as a lone figure crosses onto the pleasure barge brushing past the guards. All eyes turn for a moment to see who the newcomer is. The torches from the barge seem to flare and sputter as they reveal…


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

The light plays and the guards make way for the multi-layered penumbra of a lance armed, armor plated Knight riding a mighty war steed. Flowing ribbons play about the sillouettes of both figures. Behind the Knighted figure rises a sparkling brilliant star.

As the figure climbs the low ramp to the ship, the barge's torches reveal nothing more than a two foot six inch tall female halfing -- albiet armed with a lance and clad in mithral plate. Her steed appears to be a slightly larger than average Pharoah Hound, and the ribbons are tresses of her hair flowing about them both in the twilight breeze.

She bears a banner hued in the purest of indigo broken only by the brand of a multi-pointed shimmering star.

Her steed halts when they reach the barge, and performs a courtesy.

"Lady Muminofrah of Sothis," she says, in a bold crystal bell-like voice. I am Sopdet-Ka of Tephu, and Anubis-Ka bears me. We have come on behalf of Abdur of Wati in order to serve Osirion in vanquishing this plague of unruly undead."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Me? Dancing? Ehm..." Ben feels scared at the idea, but does not want to ruin the party. "Perhaps after a few more drinks...," he says, as he fetches more cocktails for him, Florence and Nidhi. He serves the ladies first, showing great politeness and savoir-faire. If only those qualities surfaced more often, his life would have been so much easier.

"I must admit that not even after this one I feel much inclined to dance..."

When he was ten, his father had a profession try and teach him how to dance a particularly fashionable dance at those time, a Taldan slow dance which was very popular among the bearded class. He was a complete disaster at it, but the experience acquired at least allowed him to appear as a decent dancer among non-specialists. Nonetheless, finding the courage to actually dance was never easy for Ben, and when he did it was only because he was dragged to do it.

Ninja'd twice! XD


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Muminofrah takes the interruption in stride, ”Abdur sends you does he? Oh my, how positively wonderful. I knew he was up here somewhere - and I have his painting. You say he’s in Wati? I simply must visit.” she seems quite taken by this new figure in glistening armor, but she quickly maneuvers the conversation back to her. ”Yes I see. You can all catch up in a moment.” She looks at Zilchus, ”My but he does love his drink doesn’t he?” For the first time, a flicker of doubt crosses her magnificent countenance.

It is banished quickly when Zilchus manages a smile as he laughs at a funny joke, perhaps all in his head. Muminofrah smiles again with him and calls to him, ”Come back my dear, and tell me what you plan to do next!” Perhaps a rhetorical question, the answer is never the less interrupted by the announcement of dinner! Muminofrah is not one to delay a good meal, and the food is brought from the palace, tapas style.

And the morsels are delicious! Each savory explodes in your mouth with flavor - taking the finest Tephu has to offer and blending it with spices from all over the world. Say what you want about the whims of your benefactor, she lives in style. After the meal, there is singing and dancing and all manner of entertainment brought onto the barge from crusty jugglers to an enlightening poem written for her highness that very day - and not too badly done at that. Muminofrah looks to Zilchus throughout, enamored with his very presence. She near giggles every time he looks at her though she holds his gaze longingly.

After a time (though feel free to role play the evening - you are surrounded by party goers and don’t have the opportunity to speak privately) you are able to get free eventually and leave the barge to chat among yourselves. It is very late indeed and the cool night air and empty street is pleasant after the closeness and crowd of the barge.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence shoots a curious look to Ben and Nidhi, eyebrow raised. "Abdur sent her? So...does that mean she's here to work with us?" she whispers to her friends. "That's strange, you'd think he would have sent some sort of advance notice."

The notion of dancing forgotten, at least for now, she tries to motion for the halfling and her steed to join them. "May as well say hello properly, right?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
He serves the ladies first, showing great politeness and savoir-faire.

Nidhi accepts the drink from Ben, Flo made a good choice.

GM Euan wrote:
”My but he does love his drink doesn’t he?” For the first time, a flicker of doubt crosses her magnificent countenance.

Nidhi tenses, wondering if this is her moment to steal away Muminofrah’s favor. When it’s clear Muminofrah’s attention will remain focused on Zilchus, Nidhi turns to focus on the new arrival.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Lady Muminofrah of Sothis," she says, in a bold crystal bell-like voice. “I am Sopdet-Ka of Tephu, and Anubis-Ka bears me. We have come on behalf of Abdur of Wati in order to serve Osirion in vanquishing this plague of unruly undead."

Nidhi picks up her mask and walks leisurely towards the Halfling. Nidhi holds the mask like a football, tucked protectively under her arm. ”What an entrance! Your horse, the ribbons…” Nidhi tilts her head and places her free hand on her hip ”so, you’re here to eliminate the undead threat?” With a serious expression, Nidhi critically examines the Cavalier for an extended moment, then laughs good-naturedly, her laughter musical: ”Hahaha! Welcome! Welcome to Her Excellency, Muminofrah’s party! We just lost a party member so we’re in need of a new one.” Nidhi moves to pat Stelle enthusiastically on the back.

Nidhi takes a step back towards the pillow throne, talking over her shoulder: ”I can appreciate another set of strong hands – especially when they’re attached to such a beautiful woman!” Nidhi smiles at the new arrival, offering to lead her to an adjacent pillow. ”We were just enjoying some delectable treats, here I’ll show you my favorites.” Nidhi points to the stuffed figs and the jar of honey. ”I love anything sweet,” Nidhi continues conversationally.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle starts making her way toward the pillow party when she sees Florence hail her and meets up with Nidhi halfway.

Nidhi wrote:
"Hahaha! Welcome! Welcome to Her Excellency, Muminofrah's party! We just lost a party member so we're in need of a new one." Nidhi moves to pat Stelle enthusiastically on the back.

"Well, now -- you are too kind," she says, following the Bard, laughing as though it tickles as she pats her on the back.

From his back, Stelle guides Anubis gently with her voice as they make their way back to the others.

"Yes, I am Sopdet-Ka, though my friends call me 'Stelle'. I have been for weeks combating an uprising of the undead in Wati, and intend to make my best efforts to prevent it from happening again. You also? And you all are?"

She dismounts, and quietly bids Anubis to lie down, then provides him with water. She gladly and with great gratitude accepts the proffered sweets.

Anubis readily lies down, a wide and goofy smile on his face, sniffing at the air. His amber eyes dart back and forth, forcing his long exposed tongue to flap from one side of his muzzle to the other. It's all he can do to avoid wagging his body.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

What is that? Is that feline nearby I smell? It smells like feline! I bet it's feline!


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Lady Muminofrah of Sothis. I am Sopdet-Ka of Tephu, and Anubis-Ka bears me. We have come on behalf of Abdur of Wati in order to serve Osirion in vanquishing this plague of unruly undead."

What? We already did that. She's a bit late.

Zilchus, 'dancing', hardly pauses from his celebration to note the newcomer.

He continues to struct and bounce and tipsy and sway about the barge. Whenever a drinksperson comes nearby, Zilchus is sure to help himself.

This is a great party and he's having a great time.

GM Euan wrote:
”Come back my dear, and tell me what you plan to do next!”

Zilchus begins to stumble back to her, but is also lured away by dinner. He goes straight for the meats, loading up a plate with grilled sausages and whatever-meat-on-a-stick.

He takes his plate back and plops down next to Muminofrah. He gazes at the halfling.

"Whas sshee all about, Mummyfraugh?" Zilchus slurs, taking a bite of his whatever-meat-on-a-stick meat. "We alreadies tooks cares of the undeads. I sssslleeewwws them with my ssssswwwoord. Ssshhee's too late. Too-too late. Toooo late."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Somewhere to the side of the main group, Nidhi tells Stelle: "I'm Nidhi Aashirya. My grandmother, Jharna runs a tailoring shop in Wati. Maybe you've passed her shop before? I worked with her at the shop before winning the lottery. Anyway," Nidhi pushes her long, thick braid over her shoulder, "Zilchus, that big oaf," Nidhi points to Zilchus, "is the only other Wati native in our party. He's very narrow-minded with his ideals, but he's loyal."

~*~*~*~

Nidhi looks taken aback by Zilchus' appearance.

Perform (look aghast): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

"Zilchus! You've had too much! And in front of the beautiful Muminofrah herself!" Nidhi covers her heart with her hand, "Muminofrah, I am - I've never seen Zilchus this drunk. I mean, I've seen him drunk, but not this drunk. And in front of her majesty's presence!" Nidhi moves to rest her forehead on Florence's shoulder for a brief second, "oh! The shame!" Nidhi is hamming it up with her theatrics. "If only there was a way to make Zilchus sober - quickly - to avoid all this embarrassment. Should we? No. Cold water might ruin these luxurious pillows. What of locking him in a quiet, personal chamber to sleep off the alcohol? No, he might break his chastity." Nidhi leans over towards Benedictus, covering her mouth with a hand, and says not-so-quietly: "I've heard that particularly curvy sofas have been known to be dirtied by loose men and women. Something about the vague resemblance of the human form?" Nidhi straightens, "not that any of us have poor morals." Nidhi glances over at Zilchus, then back at Muminofrah, using most of her willpower to resist smiling.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle listens to Nidhi introduce herself. "Oh, yes! The tailor shop in Wati is your grandmother's?! She has the most wonderful fabrics to work with! I've been meaning to go get fitted for a dress -- maybe silk -- but such an occasion for one seems to have eluded me thus far."

Nidhi wrote:
"Zilchus, that big oaf," Nidhi points to Zilchus, "is the only other Wati native in our party. He's very narrow-minded with his ideals, but he's loyal."

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Who?! What?!

"'Zilchus'..." she repeats quietly, pretending to notice sausage laden Dancing Bore for the first time. "What an unusual name."

Zilchus wrote:
"Whas sshee all about, Mummyfraugh?" Zilchus slurs, taking a bite of his whatever-meat-on-a-stick meat. "We alreadies tooks cares of the undeads. I sssslleeewwws them with my ssssswwwoord. Ssshhee's too late. Too-too late. Toooo late."

I've seen warriors who've seen too much at once also drink too much at once... Stelle completely overlooks the opportunistic behavior on the part of Anubis, who surreptitiously relieves Zilchus of several of his sausages and meat sticks.

"Oh, well..." she says after some while of observing the ungainly drunk man make a complete fool of himself. "Maybe he's just having a bad day. It happens to the best of us."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi lets on a genuine smile hearing their new acquaintance praise Jharna's shop.

Still off to the side, Nidhi tilts her head again, examining Stelle's expression.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Geez a 2

"Hey, you look like you have some noble blood in you. Your clothes, posture, speech... Are you and Zilchus in the same inner circle? ...I thought he said he's a noble's son or something." In-between preening on and on about the Ruby Prince like he farts gold dust.

If relays information:
Nidhi smiles and seems satisfied "ahh, good. I'm glad you already know about him." Nidhi adjusts the mask on her hip and switches topics: "we found this mask during our time in the Necropolis. Have you been in the Necropolis? It's mostly wonderful - there's a dragon there you know." Nidhi's eyes widen at the mention of Shar. "And gigantic bugs. The centipedes are honestly the only reason why I'm against setting up a vacation home," Nidhi lets on a slow smile before laughing, "I joke! I joke! The Necropolis belongs to the dead, not us living!" Nidhi's gaze falls down towards Stelle's weaponry, "so where'd you learn to fight? I want to hear it all! I plan to sing of our encounters for many years to come!"

If denied:
Nidhi gazes into Stelle's eyes and gently touches the halfling's shoulder, "but seriously, if you got any dirt on Zilchus - I mean, anything - you gotta tell me. Bed-wetting. A fear of vinegar" Nidhi leans in conspiratorially: "trust me, it's a real thing. I know a guy." She returns to a normal posture, "He's getting too confident with Muminofrah's favor. I mean, look at that swagger!" With a serious expression, Nidhi gestures an arm at the inebriated Zilchus currently dancing around like a fool. "We can't have him representing us at big events like this. I'll never get a parade in my honor the way things are currently going." A reoccurring image forms in Nidhi's mind: she's the star in a parade through Wati with big muscular women holding up her float and feeding her honey-laden foods.


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

From his vantage point up on the nearby railing, Bynx watches Stelle and Anubis closely. He didn't have any objections to the halfling's presence, but her canine companion...

Well, there goes the neighborhood.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Once Stelle and her canine companion join the group proper on the cushions, Florence continues to regard her curiously for a moment before sticking her hand out for a shake. "I'm Florence Corvina," she offers. "It's nice to meet you. We've been working with Abdur too, since he sponsored our group for the lottery in Wati. If it's not too nosy, did he send you to join us in particular?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben is shy as usual, and is the last one (except for Zilchus, of course) to introduce himself to the newcomer. "Greetings. I am Benedictus West Dickens, Osirionologist."

Ben does not really know what to say after that. Everyone seems to be so interested in Stella, and for a good reason: new entries always arise curiosity. But not in him. To him, Stella seems just like an halfling riding a dog, although he feels a natural sympathy toward her. It is due to this sympathy that Ben tries to find something to say to the newcomer and eventually succeeds.

"So you have been sent here by Abdur? To vanquish the plague of unruly undead? Good to know, we are dealing with the same problem, although in a rather different way I suppose. I guess our actions will indirectly prove mutually beneficial, so I hope you will be able to carry out your task!"


Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"Zilchus! You've had too much! And in front of the beautiful Muminofrah herself!"

Zilchus laughs and doesn’t care, smiling at Muminofrah...and giving her a knowing gentle elbow.

”Ssssheeee doesn’t know how to have fun. That’s why no one likesss her. She can’t relaxxx like me and habe a good tine...like usss, huh, Mummyfrau?” Zilchus smiles and laugh, pointing his empty meat stick at the partypoop. ”Liffe is meant to be enjoyed with food and drink not loud speeches and preening like a pppeeeeaacock.”

He seems surprised to see that his meat stick no longer has any meat on it...which is weird because he was sure there was more meat on it a second ago.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Ssssheeee doesn’t know how to have fun. That’s why no one likesss her."

Nidhi wordlessly turns to their host to see her reaction. Her mind goes blank from shock, but she feels intrigued by the entire situation. What will she do? How deep is her love?


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Nidhi wrote:
"Hey, you look like you have some noble blood in you. Your clothes, posture, speech... Are you and Zilchus in the same inner circle? ...I thought he said he's a noble's son or something."

Stelle shoots a look over to the drunken warrior and covers her mouth in shock,

I never would have guessed... "Really!" she gasps.

Recovering she confesses, "It's true, 'Sopdet' is a family name, some several tens of generations removed, we're related to the ancient Pharaohs. We do not currently however serve the people or court in any capacity outside my occupation, which was independently earned. I can not say I am at all aquainted with His -- " she tries not to roll her eyesand takes in a deep breath, "Lordship Zilchus."

"A prior slave actually, my father is currently one of the curators of the Library here in Tephu. His brother -- my uncle -- served in the military and taught me how to fight. He also taught me a few things about drink making," she whispers, with a brief sidelong glance at Zilchus. She smiles politely at Nidhi. "But, perhaps we should talk about that some other time."

Florence wrote:
"It's nice to meet you. We've been working with Abdur too, since he sponsored our group for the lottery in Wati. If it's not too nosy, did he send you to join us in particular?"

"Nice to meet you Florence!" Stelle shakes her hand. "It's not nosy, not at all. Yes, Abdur sent me to find you all and join forces that we all might be stronger."

She turns to Ben as he addresses her. "Tislijiet, pjaċir jilħqu inti." Stelle smiles warmly taking his hand.

Ancient Osiriani:
"Greetings, very pleased to meet you."

"Do explain," she gently presses, trying to draw him out a little without overwhelming him. "What do you mean the Groups actions will indirectly benefit our mutual goals? What has been the approach of the Group?"

She bids Anubis to stay once he starts wagging his body and making play overtures at Bynx on the rail, using the opportunity to pretend again not to hear what Zilchus is actually saying.

Anubis obeys, grinning like a banshee, tongue hanging out panting. Despite this, he manages not to drool or slobber.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

There he is! A cat! I KNEW it! It's a cat! Way better than ferrets!

Do you like rabbits, cat?!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47
Zilchus wrote:
...preening like a pppeeeeaacock."

Florence snorts with laughter, unable to help herself, and quickly tries to cover it with a fake coughing fit.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

*hack* "...Woo...something got..." *cough* "...stuck in the wrong pipe," she explains. "Um, but anyway...I don't know how Abdur knew we could use some extra help but I'm not going to complain. We've already had two others come and go and could definitely use the muscle...or speed, I guess?"

She laughs. "At least Anubis can fit into tighter spaces...one of the first people we worked with rode about like you do except he had a horse. Big shock, horses don't do well in tight corridors and small spaces."


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Over on the railing, Bynx's ears flatten against his head as Anubis begins to wag his tail and nose about. His fur fluffs up a bit but being smarter than the average cat, he's got enough sense to not be too mean to the new person's pet. He does bat at Anubis' nose though, claws sheathed.

"Maow!"

What's wrong with you? Can't you talk, like a proper people-friend?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Muminofrah seems more upset that the new person is garnering more attention than she. She snaps testily at a servant who brings her more wine with which to drown her own sorrows. The evening limps along a little further until it becomes clear the moment has past, and Muminofrah is no longer having fun.

When that happens, things occur quickly. She stifles an obviously fake yawn and calls to the porter, "I think it's time for my milk bath, this repast is past." She rises from her pillow throne, and the entire barge clambers to their feet - those who can anyway. She makes her way unstably back to the palace and the guards begin to throw people, mostly softly, off the barge.

A small army of servants appears almost out of thin air and begins cleaning the large conveyance as soon as people are moved. By the time you are rousted, there's already a seamstress re-stuffing a few of the less plump pillows. A guard approaches the party, "Time to leave."

Assuming you're polite, he's polite back, and you are turned out into the streets without too much further ado. It's late, and the air is cool on your skin. Refreshing.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi puts on her mask. She turns to Zilchus: "are you up for more merriment?" Nidhi links arms with Florence and Stelle and says mockingly: "oh, dear! We forgot to ask her excellency for more time in the library! We have nothing planned for tomorrow! I guess we'll have to paint the town! Celebrate the arrival of our new friend!" She turns to Zilchus and calls out loudly: "more drinking, friend?"

Nidhi leans over to Ben: "We've been through so much and haven't had time to celebrate properly. What's one night? I think we at least deserve that!" Nidhi makes it clear that she wants to irresponsibly stay out all night, tavern hopping. Perhaps it's her way of dealing with the grief of losing her beloved Cahal. Or perhaps Nidhi feels the need to drink away her jealousy of Muminofrah's unwavering favoritism of Zilchus. Or perhaps she wants to give their new party member a welcoming she'll remember.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus stumbles and lurches to his feet, moving quite unsteadily, but wanting to thank Muminofrah for the party. He, for one, enjoyed himself immensely.

"Mummynofra, this was a great party! You...you know how to party good. Deeee-lightfulls," Zilchus slurs a proper goodbye, almost ready to sing a tune.

He exits slowly, using the wall to keep himself mostly upright and pointed the right direction. He is polite and happily drunk.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"are you up for more merriment?"

Zilchus' face looks pained. It's clear he wants 'moar' party, but it's also clear he can barely walk straight.

"You want more? More party?" Zilchus breathes deep, wondering if some of his extra party was about to regurgitate itself onto the sidewalk. Thankfully, he keeps it down.

"Sssssuurrre. I party with you, Nidhi," Zilchus lumbers and tries to get ready for round 2 (3?) of partying. "Maybe if we get some drinks into you, you'll be fuuuun to hang out with. Like Ben."

Zilchus looks ready to follow to the next party. No, nothing can go wrong.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:

"Tislijiet, pjaċir jilħqu inti."

"Do explain," she gently presses, trying to draw him out a little without overwhelming him. "What do you mean the Groups actions will indirectly benefit our mutual goals? What has been the approach of the Group?"

"Ancient Osiriani? Now, that's really interesting," replies Ben with a polite smile. "As for what I say, well, it is quite simple. If you are here to fight the undead plague, me, Florence, Zilchus and Nidhi will benefit from your success. At the same time, since we are researching something that could have some ties to the undead plague, your task could prove easier, if we succeed."

***

"More partying? No, this is not the case Nidhi. We have important things to do tomorrow and remember that the whole fate of Osirion may depend on the outcome of our actions. This is not the time for partying, that's just not serious."

The scholar looks at Zilchus and shakes his head. "As for him, he will soon lose all the features that make him a good company and someone fun to hang out with, as he says. He will be vomiting whatever he has been eating in a few minutes, in the best case. So what we should do is to go back to our place, rest, and prepare for tomorrow."

This time, Ben's tone is resolute, and clearly not so open to negotiation. "Zilchus is coming with me. His drinking habit is starting to get out of control. Florence, would you please help me seeing him home?"

If Florence accepts, Ben turns to Nidhi. "Sorry to ruin you partying plans, but this is more important than you think. This is not a game. The lives of people depend on us. And although I indulged myself in drinking with Zilchus in the past, it was only because I thought he needed it, not because I wanted to party or rest."

Ben sighs. "If you want to keep partying, though, do as you want. And you as well, Florence, don't feel pressed into doing what I ask. I can see him home on my own. Tomorrow I will be researching anyway, indipendently of your choices."


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis whimpers in confusion briefly when Bynx softly bats him in the nose. Unsure as to what else to do, he sits, laughs and smiles.

What was that? What? What did you want? Speeching? Anubis barks once before being gently rebuked by Stelle.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Ben wrote:
"As for what I say, well, it is quite simple. If you are here to fight the undead plague, me, Florence, Zilchus and Nidhi will benefit from your success. At the same time, since we are researching something that could have some ties to the undead plague, your task could prove easier, if we succeed."

"Oh, I see! Well, researching is still 'fighting', right? In fact, the pursuit of knowledge in solving a problem is the preferred method even among Cavaliers -- at least that is the way I was taught. Not all approaches need to be martial. Doom to evil undead though, should both Knowledge and Combat come together!"

Nidhi wrote:
"oh, dear! We forgot to ask her excellency for more time in the library!"

"Oh, that's probably not a problem. I have told you, but maybe the others did not hear. My father is one of the curators at the Tephu Library. I can even get us into the Stacks."

She looks at Zilchus in his defunct condition. "Maybe Ben's right. I don't think he's going to sleep well tonight as it is, and I'm pretty sure Annie and I aren't going to be able to drag him to -- where ever he's staying -- easily. Perhaps we should see him there in his present state, then meet up again tomrrow and hit the Library. How does that sound?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"More partying? No, this is not the case Nidhi. We have important things to do tomorrow and remember that the whole fate of Osirion may depend on the outcome of our actions. This is not the time for partying, that's just not serious."

Nidhi looks at Ben confused, ”what do you mean? We’ve got the mask; the undead are back in the Necropolis. I don’t see any imminent threat” besides the assassin sent after me. “What’s one night out? What we’re doing now is just research for The Church of Pharasma, anyway. There’s no need to rush. In fact, this might just be a ploy to keep us busy until they find another mission for us.”

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
This time, Ben's tone is resolute, and clearly not so open to negotiation. "Zilchus is coming with me. His drinking habit is starting to get out of control. Florence, would you please help me seeing him home?"

Nidhi puts both hands on her hips: ”Ben, don’t be a prude! Drinking is an age-old bonding ritual. We’ll be bonding! Bonding! She shakes her hands in the air for emphasis.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Oh, I see! Well, researching is still 'fighting', right?”

Nidhi crosses her arms over her chest but stays silent. No. No, it’s not..

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
”then meet up again tomrrow and hit the Library. How does that sound?"

”Oh no,” Nidhi groans, ”you’re a book person too?!” Nidhi pulls her hands to her chest, ”why, Pharasma, why? Why must I be subjected to days upon days in a room with old musty books and a bunch of narks who never want to have fun?! Nidhi drops her hands to her side and complains: ”we’ve spent more days researching than going off and adventuring.”

Nidhi hugs herself: "With all this serious research, I’m going to shrivel into a cranky old nun who denounces lovers on the street!” Nidhi runs her hands up and down her body, ”By the gods – I think it’s happening now!” Nidhi bends over and pretends to hobble, croaking: Ben! Florence! Two feet apart you whippersnappers! And where’s my warm milk?”


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um...if you're wondering, this is pretty much how she always is," Florence whispers to Stelle as Nidhi launches into another round of dramatics. "Well...actually, she's been a little more on a roll than usual lately. Fun, but sometimes she needs wrangling almost as much as Zilchus does."

Florence then sighs and stands up a little straighter as she moves to throw Zilchus' other arm over her shoulder. "Come on tough guy, that's enough for one night. Maybe we can party more tomorrow night." She shoots a glance at Nidhi. "Look, he can hardly keep on his feet anyway. Much more and we'll be taking him back to Purusha's in a cart! Besides...what if those people try something again and we're all too far gone to fight back properly?"

Then she glances at Zilchus, then at Ben on the other side of him, and shakes her head. "And ah, I wouldn't worry, Nidhi. Risking life, limb, and vomit on my shoes to help get someone back to bed doesn't really do it for me so I'm pretty sure everyone's chastity is safe for tonight."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"Um...if you're wondering, this is pretty much how she always is. Well...actually, she's been a little more on a roll than usual lately. Fun, but sometimes she needs wrangling almost as much as Zilchus does."

Stelle nods in solemn appreciation. "Good to know, thanks!" she whispers back.

From the back of Anubis, Stelle looks up at the hobbling sobbing Nidhi. "Of course not, don't be silly!" she exclaims, her voice ringing with good cheer. "I'm no book person!! The only thing I learned was a language, but if Ben thinks there's something to be had in the library, then we shall have it. I don't think I've been in this part of the Library... you see -- I found this door. It could lead back to the main, but I seriously doubt it."

"And... I know this cute little pub. I'll make us all a round of drinks or two after the Library, and we'll have grand fun." She looks after Florence and Ben, dragging Zilchus down the streets. "Yes. A drink. Or two..."


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis sneezes.
That man they're dragging smells bad.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Muminofrah smiles warmly as Zilchus honors her, but she still heads off to her milk bath, "Must keep the skin moist in this desert heat!" she says in departure.

The party discusses, a bit, what to do that night, and the consensus is mixed with Zilchus and Nidhi ready to keep partying. Benedictus sets the tone however, and begins to drag Zilchus off to his bed while Stelle offers to meet with the party in the morrow. Finally Florence helps to carry/drag Zilchus to bed at Purusha’s Inn.

The night passes uneventfully and the morning sun rises hot and early. It is Moonday, 30 Sarenith, 4714. For convenience, you’ve agreed to meet at Purusha’s Inn for breakfast to discuss your plans.

Stelle is of course unaware of the research you’ve already done, the mask, etc. Might be nice to fill her in. For your own reference, you have, I think, a few options going forward. Finish researching the Dark Depository (half day at most if you have some success). Then you’ll likely want to visit Abdur to sell your loot, or you have a lead in Sothis (Azghaad’s Spire), or the Vault of Hidden Wisdom here in Tephu.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Despite attempts to help, Zilchus is fully fine walking by himself, it's just that occasionally lurches from tree to wall to bush, then stumbles forward for a good 10 steps before wondering where everyone went, then stumbling forward again.

At one point, he gets really excited when he sees a dog around...which he chases with a refrain of 'Here Doggie! Here Doggie!' until he faceplants to a bush.

Even though the tricksy fae-dog was able to escape, he in a great mood. He even heard a great song that he is *sure* that the neighborhood needs to hear.

”Her Excellency, Mummy-needs-no-bra.
There’s no finer woman as she, so
Sensual in femininity and lady parts.
A mortal goddess of no compare!"

"The gods give her infinite bosoms and legs,
So that she can spread to smother us,
With her lactations and affections.
May my song be proof of unwavering lust
Zilchus’ dance to such a statuesque bust.”

Zilchus sings it just slightly off key from Nidhi's version, but Zilch fixed the words so that they are *much* better in his opinion. He likes it so much he sings it again.

After the second verse (much louder and worse than the first), Zilchus wonders if they are at the next party spot yet. Because things are really getting going.

4,051 to 4,100 of 8,293 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.