GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,301 to 4,350 of 8,597 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>

Zilchus greedily gathers the goods, jamming it joyfully in his gearsack, while grinning greatly.

He will offer the items to Ben once Zilch gets back to the surface. "Look what I found. Ha. And I hated libraries."

Zilchus eyes the Ring and Amulet (but thinks the amulet may fit better on others), but claims little as divine right despite his heroic bravery in finding it all.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"Thanks for the light, Florence." Stelle atop Annie follows Zilchus cautiously into the room. As the floor gives way and Zilchus starts his ungainly plunge into the inky blackness below, Annie jumps back and growls.

Nidhi wrote:
“We- we should tie the rope to something!”

"I have some rope too, if yours is not lengthy enough, we can tie them together. Once Zilchus secures himself to the other end, we should all grab a section of the rope and work together to pull him out. You too, Annie!"

Stelle helps the others (and Zilchus) pull Zilchus out of the floor. She marvels at the treasure found, then looks around to see if she and Annie can identify any other boobytraps.

StellePerception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
AnniePerception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 +8 more when using Scent

Yah, wow. Got Zilchus...


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

AidBenHeal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 If successful, +4 to Ben's heal check.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

belt of incredible dexterity +2 (4,000)?! What?! Noooo, I just bought one of those :( I hope someone else can use it.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"I have some rope too, if yours is not lengthy enough, we can tie them together. Once Zilchus secures himself to the other end, we should all grab a section of the rope and work together to pull him out. You too, Annie!"

"Annie can sniff out traps?" Nidhi's eyes grow wide in wonderment. What a good dog. Nidhi looks over at Bynx, why hasn't Florence's companion done that before? ...I wish Stuffing would scout out traps. Nidhi remembers Jharna letting Stuffing run loose inside the shop, laying eggs on Ben's satchel and other inconvenient places, shedding feathers everywhere, defecating on the worn wooden floor. Nidhi frowns, Grandmother would be better off with a dog like Annie. Nidhi doesn't understand why her grandmother loves chickens enough to let them into the house.

Nidhi positions herself so she can view Stelle's flexing arms, as the halfling pulls on the rope. "Don't you get hot in all that armor, Stelle?" Her limbs are shorter than mine so it's hard to get a good show. Too dark in here, Nidhi decides.

Nidhi puts a hand on her hip and tilts her head once Zilchus is out of the hole with all the loot. Nidhi looks the same as she ever does. "I'm glad you're okay. It would be a shame to lose another party member." Muminofrah might ask questions.

Nidhi suggests she carry the luminous lock pics in case there are more traps in the building: "I've never seen tools like these. Maybe I should hold onto them in case there are more traps here." Dad never had anything like this.

Nidhi lets Stelle or Zilchus continue leading the party unless there is a trap to be disabled. "Are we climbing into the pit and up or shimmying across like assassins on a tightrope? I.. don't think I can jump that distance." Nidhi stares dispassionately into the gaping hole in the floor. 20 feet?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence also scrambles to help haul Zilchus up and out of the pit, but her worry is mitigated somewhat upon seeing him arise with whatever injuries he had mostly healed and a backpack full of loot, grinning like a loon.

"Yeesh...the goods are nice but I wish it hadn't taken you falling down a hole to find them," she remarks shakily as she gives the remnants of the puncture wounds a quick look. "Glad you're okay, Zilchus."

Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Once they've made sure that Zilchus is okay and ready to continue onward, she gives the items he'd found on the dead body a quick look but doesn't show much interest in anything for herself. "Wow...what a find! We can carry around all sorts of stuff with that bag now and I'm sure most of this other stuff can be put to good use too."

"As far as getting across the pit goes, I can fly over and see if I can find something to tie the rope to," Flo offers. "Maybe the chest is heavy enough to hold our weight, I don't know. But we'd definitely need to tie a rope off to something even if we just climb down and then climb up the other side."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Remarkable,” comments Ben while Zilchus shows the party the items found of the body in the pit. “That man was no ordinary person. Look at his equipment! He was a professional, and yet he fell for such a trivial trap…That’s why it is always better to have an adventuring party, after all.

After a quick examination, Ben details the magic properties of the items to the party. “If no one else wants it, I could use that belt. Oh, and that scroll could come in handy too: I know how to cast that spell, but having one in reserve is always a wise choice.

***

Ben thoughtfully gazes at the chest, scratching his chin. “We need to figure out a way to get there…,” he thinks out loud. “Does anyone have one of those collapsible planks used to cross chasms such as this?,” he asks.

If no one has the plank, Ben sighs. “Who, among you, can make the jump? I could summon a few giant bats and have them take us on the other side, but they probably won’t be enough…Or, I can make you fly, Zilchus! But then you would have to ferry us on the other side one by one…Does someone have better ideas? Oh well, your idea is actually better than mine, Flo. Let's do it your way.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Sounds good - just uh...cover me if something pops out to eat me, okay?"

Taking some rope, Florence wills her body to take flight and she crosses the open pit to cautiously touch down on the other side next to the mysterious chest. Unwilling to risk doing much tampering with it, she lightly tries to nudge the chest with her foot to see how heavy it is. Should it seem heavy enough, she ties the rope around it and tosses it back across the pit to the others.

If the chest seems empty or too light, Florence cautiously sends her floating lights a short distance down the passage ahead to see if she can find a better tether for the rope.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The chest is either very heavy or bolted to the floor, hard to say which. Florence ties off the rope, and the party makes their way (using Annie's harness once again) across the open pit. Once on the far side, it occurs to Nidhi that she could reset, and then disarm the trap, leaving a solid floor in your wake. Let me know if you do that...

In addition to the chest, you see an intersection though there seems to be a room of some sort straight ahead.


With no one objecting, Zilchus puts on the ring once Ben explains what it is. Seems like a thing that will be useful to him.

Zilchus has recovered enough to move forward, mindful of more traps.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22 Perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben takes the magic belt and wears it: it does not shine behind his tunic, but he makes him feel immediately more nimble. Now, I just hope this isn’t cursed too…

Before moving forward, the Osirionologist concentrates for a few seconds as he mimics the enveloping silhouette of an armor around his body. In the blink of an eye, an armor entirely made of sheer arcane force surrounds him. Ben casts mage armor on himself.Now we can go,” he says with a smile to Ptolomy before following Zilchus (provided his friend does not detect traps, of course.)

Once in front of the intersection, Benedictus renews his arcane sustain to the lights and moves them at the center of the intersection. Listen, Ptolomy. Make yourself invisible and see what’s in the room to the west and let me know through telepathy. Remember, do not put yourself into any risk, OK?

The faerie dragon complies with a grin. As soon as he turns the corner, he marks one of the walls with his symbol before moving on.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

If no one objects, Stelle will take the Amulet of Natural Armor +1.

Nidhi wrote:
"Annie can sniff out traps?"

Stelle looks at Nidhi, her eyes shining with amusement. "Well, not exactly. But sometimes he picks up on things my eyes can not see."

Nidhi wrote:
"Don't you get hot in all that armor, Stelle?"

Stelle suppresses a grin and she involuntarily coughs lightly twice. "Not really -- it is more comfortable than it probably looks."

Florence wrote:
Taking some rope, Florence wills her body to take flight and she crosses the open pit to cautiously touch down on the other side next to the mysterious chest.

Stelle's eyes go wide (as this is the first time she has ever seen someone fly), while Annie hangs his mouth in a wide grin and wags his tail for a "three wag salute". "Do you think someone could do that while wearing armor?" she asks.

Once on the other side of the gorge, Stelle and Annie follow Zilchus looking in the sand for signs of more recent visitors to the Vault of Hidden wisdom.

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

My, it's dark in here...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I think I forgot to cover this earlier. The ceilings are just 10’ up and slightly domed (about a foot or two). Ptolomy can be 10’ up, but not 15’.

Zilchus finds no further traps, and Stella sees no tracks in the thick dust covering the floor… although the chamber to the south appears to be cleaner than the hall you’re in now. You’ll have to look more closely.

Ptolomy prepares to fly down the hall a short distance. He disappears and almost immediately the sound of a deep bell begins to ring in the hallway. An alarm of some sort was just triggered!

There is no surprise round, but you all have the first round to yourselves as it’ll take me some time to arrive. All you hear is the scurrying clank of metal on stone coming from the southern and eastern passages.

When you look to the east, around the corner:
You see an armored knight, klanging quickly down the hall toward you - much faster than a human would be in that heavy armor. Further - cogs and gears are visible in the gaps of this metallic creature's armor. It wields a polearm as it hustles towards you.
- - -

- Round 1 -
Good Folks - 27
Benedictus - 20+
Ptolomy - 20+ (invisibile 1/3)
Florence - 20-
Nidhi - 16
Zilchus - 12
Stelle - 6

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Good Folk 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

First up - Everyone in round one.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Hey, what?! Ptolomy, get back, quick!"

Ben starts casting summon monster III!


Round 1, Init 12

Zilchus steps out into the hallway, then immediately steps back, taking cover from the metallic creature coming down the hallway.

"WHAT THE PIDDLESPOT IS THAT!?" Zilchus looks at Ben, expecting answers. "It's quick!"

Zilchus readies his blade for the creature, striking defensively when he can get a clean shot.

1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 4 = 19 to hit; (-defensive)
2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 = 16 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 66/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +4 fight def

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Gm Euan wrote:
Once on the far side, it occurs to Nidhi that she could reset, and then disarm the trap, leaving a solid floor in your wake. Let me know if you do that...

Sure, what could go wrong? :) Nidhi uses her new tools (do I need to roll to disarm?) to disarm the trap floor, making it a "normal" floor.

Nidhi is just as amazed at Stelle as Florence's feet lift from the ground and the herb witch floats to the other side. When did she learn to fly? Nidhi looks at the others to see if they look phased, "Ben, did you know?" Nidhi gestures an arm at Florence's back, "about that?!" She looks incredulously from face to face. I want to fly too. I wonder if we can fly together - Peter Pan style.

~*~*~*~*~

Round 1, Initiative 16:

Since Stelle is so close, Nidhi takes a 5 foot step and gently touches the halfling on her shoulder, "time to be heroes," Nidhi flashes an encouraging smile, "together." Nidhi casts Good Hope (link) on Stelle and eagerly observes. Nidhi seems excited to be fighting again - especially since she's safely positioned behind other party members.

As a Move Action, Nidhi opens her mouth and begins to sing as loud as she can without straining her voice. She competes with the sound of the deep bell ringing, lifting her chin and hoping her voice will echo in the chamber.

"This is where we make our stand,
Sworn to protect this valley of sand,
With our diverse skills and strengths
Our enemies will all die by our hand."

Inspire Courage: +2 (since level 6) Morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Lasts 8 minutes.

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 1/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 2 available, Good Hope (Stelle)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Edit: Nidhi casts Good Hope on everyone. I didn't realize it can effect more than one person.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 1, Init 6

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64
Annie: Hits: 52
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck) (+2 Good Hope(+11))
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck) (+2 Good Hope(+7))
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner) (+4 charm and fear(+13) , +2 Good Hope(+7))

Challenge: 3/3

BAB: 10/5 (-3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

It's 'quick'?

Nidhi wrote:
"time to be heroes, together."

Stelle beams at the Bard as she casts Good Will on everyone. "Thank you, Nidhi," she says quietly.

Tactician: Blades Above and Below
"A little trick that I like to call 'Opsy Topsy'," she says, maneuvering into the hallway.
Allies get flank on an opponent when Stelle threatens that opponent.

40' move.

Once around the corner, Stelle sees what Zilchus meant. It's entirely made of metal? Métal-mâché?! There has to be a weakness!

"It appears to be all metal!" She calls out.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Florence:
I have no idea how I missed your spoiler to Stelle, but I did. The wand is 50/50 charges.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Stelle:

No worries and thanks!

Slightly Earlier

"Oh, um...it's the craziest thing and don't ask me how I know, but I've just sort of...known that I can do that," Florence calls out as she busies herself securing the rope to the chest and tossing it back across for the others. "But not for long stretches. I mean, I couldn't just fly myself back to Wati or anything like that."

"On the other hand, there's actual proper magic that can give someone the power to fly...Ben probably knows what I'm talking about," she adds. "Maybe one day I can prepare the spell and we can test it out on one of you - see how well you maneuver around in all that armor," Florence suggests cheerily.
________

Round 1, Initiative 20

"...Clanging? That's not good," Florence frowns as the noise echoes up the hallway towards them. She hurries up behind Zilchus before he has a chance to go too far, pulling out her metamagic rod. "Time to go to work!"

With that, she casts a spell of Heroism on Zilchus, knowing how much he enjoys feeling extra heroic when they're fighting for their lives.

Hmm...I should start preparing an extra one for Stelle, I bet she'd enjoy feeling extra heroic too.

Daily Spells:

4th - Blessing of Fervor, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)


________

Flo takes a 5 foot step, draws her metamagic wand (Lesser Extend) and casts Heroism on Zilchus.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Ndihi, the party’s been a little rushy for the moment, so you haven’t reset the trap as yet. You can, when the time comes, take-20 or roll as you wish.

Knowledge Arcana DC 16:
You face a Clockwork Soldier, N Medium construct (clockwork). You may ask one question for each five you beat the DC
- - -

Benedictus begins a summons even as Ptolomy drops back onto his shoulder. Florence improves Zilchus fighting stance, and other things. Nidhi substantially beefs up the party in a couple ways. Stelle moves into position. Zilchus readies an attack which occurs, which would have been a miss were it not for all the juice being poured on the fight by the party.

With all the buffs flying around, please remember to keep track of what stacks…

You see an armored knight, clanging quickly down the hall - much faster than a human would be in that heavy armor. Further - cogs and gears are visible in the gaps of this metallic creature's armor. It wields a halberd as it hustles towards you. It reaches Zilchus, and attacks!

Halberd on Zilchus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37 damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

You hear another coming from the south, though it's not quite visible yet in the darkness of the library.

- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 28 (-18hp)
Good Folks - 27
Green - 27 (-18hp)
Benedictus - 20+
Ptolomy - 20+ (invisibile 2/3)
Florence - 20-
Nidhi - 16
Stelle - 6

Next up - Everyone.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Whoops, didn't catch that Heroism doesn't stack with Good Hope. Oh well; at least it'll last quite awhile what with being extended.
________

Round 2, Initiative 20

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Resistances and Special Attacks, please!

Frowning slightly as she suddenly realizes that her magic doesn't seem to overlap with whatever new effect Nidhi had provided for them, Florence falls back a pace as she calls out, "Hey, Zilchus! You show that bucket of bolts who's boss!"

Heh...bucket of bolts...

Amused by her own words, Florence giggles in spite of the timing being less than stellar.
________

Flo will take a 5-foot step back, grant Zilchus some Fortune and then giggle to extend it...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
DR 5/adamantine; Immune construct traits, Latch (Ex) Clockwork soldiers have specially designed hands that easily grasp and lock onto weapons and objects. A soldier can attempt to disarm or grapple as a standard action without provoking an attack of opportunity, and it receives a +2 bonus on disarm checks. In addition, it receives a +2 bonus to CMD against attempts to disarm it.
- - -


Round 2, Init 12

Zilchus takes a blow from the halbred, and returns with his own falchion, swinging twice back with mighty, heroic grunts...and he's feeling fortunate (2nd attack).

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 32 to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 + 2 = 21 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 18 to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 12 + 2 = 19 adamantine slashing damage.

Fortune:
1d20 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 17 to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 + 2 = 17 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 48/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Watch it, watch it!" Flo cries out in warning. "This thing's some sort of clockwork soldier, a construct kinda like all those statues we've tangled with! Only adamantine weapons are 100% effective against them and they can latch on to pretty much anything - even people - really easily!"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 1 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 20 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Knowledge (arcana) check (+2 good hope): 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 2 = 31

As Ben completes the summoning ritual, a white furred leopard appears on the other side of the corridor, its eyes radiating with blue energy. The celestial beast immediately charges forward, pouncing at the construct.

Celestial leopard bite attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, +2 flanking): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 34
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Celestial leopard bite attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, +2 flanking): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

After the biting at the construct, the summoned leopard tries to grab it…

Celestial leopard grapple attempt: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

…and then to claw it twice.

Celestial leopard claw attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, +2 flanking): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 34
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d3 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Celestial leopard claw attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, +2 flanking): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 28
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d3 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Celestial leopard claw attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, +2 flanking): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 24
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d3 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

In the meantime, Benedictus starts summoning again, while Ptolomy tries to active his wand.

Ptolomy’s Use Magic Device check (DC 20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Magic missile force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2) + 4 = 11
_________________________

Status:
hp – 50/50
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, 8 hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 8th, concentration +14)
[smaller]4th (2+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (3)

3rd (3+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III (2)
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

Wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 45/50 charges remaining)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16 + Inspire Courage

Round 2, Initiative 16:

Nidhi continues her singing and pulls out her bow. She reaches for an arrow, having no idea which would be best. Nidhi ends up nocking a Silver Blanch Arrow to the bow's string. Metal on metal is good, right?

To hit (Masterwork Composite Darkwood Longbow with +2 Magic Enchant): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 21
Bard 8th level +6, Dex +2, Belt (Dex Temporary for 24/hr) +1, Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, Inspire Courage (competence) +2, Good Hope (morale) +2

Damage (Silver Blanch Arrow): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 15
Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft), Inspire Courage (competence) +2, Good Hope (morale) +2

Nidhi has the Precise Shot feat.

Nidhi's Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 2/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 2 available, Good Hope (party)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16
Florence wrote:
"Oh, um...it's the craziest thing and don't ask me how I know, but I've just sort of...known that I can do that,"

Ah, I knew it! Bynx choose well. I salute you, Mistress Florence, master Bynx.

Annie wags his tail thrice.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 2, Init 6

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64
Annie: Hits: 52
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

"If you swing on my target when I swing, it'll be easier to hit!"
When targeting the same target as Stelle, if you ready your attack for when Stelle swings, you'll get the +2 flanking bonus to hit.

Swift for Challange

Stelle aims her Lance at the metal man's pelvis. "You're going down!"
Order of the Dragon: Allies receive a +3 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge whenever Stelle is threatening the target.

Anubis whines and growls at the appearance of the leopard, but charges nonetheless when bid.

Charge!: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 36 (Lance), -PA, +Flank, +Courage, Good Hope, +Charge
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 24 + 18 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 24 + 18 = 75 (Lance), +Str, +Courage, +Good Hope, +Challenge, +Power Attack


Round 2, Init 12, redux

Zilchus double takes as the blur of Stelle and Annie destroy the soldier in one blow, eyes wide.

"Woah," he all he can say. He does however move and ready to hit another if ones up.

Using first attack roll from before.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 48/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
Latch (Ex) Clockwork soldiers have specially designed hands that easily grasp and lock onto weapons and objects. A soldier can attempt to disarm or grapple as a standard action without provoking an attack of opportunity, and it receives a +2 bonus on disarm checks. In addition, it receives a +2 bonus to CMD against attempts to disarm it. It also has DR 5/adamantine; Immune construct traits.
- - -

Benedictus’s leopard plinks away, hitting a few times, and for decent damage too (there was one crit!) though it suffers from DR a little and fails to grapple. Ptolomy does OK as well and the wizard begins another summons. Florence fortune’s Zilchus, continuing the flow of aid. Nidhi fails to connect though she does come close. Stelle lowers her lance, hitting the creature low in the waist, and clean rips the armor in two. Cogs and wheels fly everywhere as the creature disintegrates. Zilchus moves past the leopard and readies an attack - which connects!

Meanwhile the second clockwork soldier clangs up from the south, and attacks the first target available - Zilchus!
Halberd on leopard: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 = 32 (charge) damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

- Round 3 -
Zilchus - 28 (-38hp)
Green - 27 (destroyed)
Orange - 27 (-23hp)
Benedictus - 20+
Ptolomy - 20+ (invisibile 3/3)
Leopard - 20+
Florence - 20-
Nidhi - 16
Stelle - 6

Next up - Everyone.

Looking south, you see into the next chamber. Several desks piled with scrolls and codices sit in this chamber, though they seem to have seen little recent use. It seems to be some sort of reading room. You also see another clockwork creature though it does not appear to be moving.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 3, Init 6

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64
Annie: Hits: 52
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

That went down fast... seemed like a waste of challenge...

"Who made these things?"
Stelle and Anubis line up for another charge at the newest threat.

Order of the Dragon: Strategy
. +2 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round for Everyone


Round 3, Init 12

Again. Again I bleed for them. Heroically.

Zilchus takes a blow from the soldier, and returns with his own falchion, swinging twice back with mighty, heroic grunts.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 26 to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 18 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 25 to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 22 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 28/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 2/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Initiative 16:

Nidhi continues her singing, inspiring the party. She pulls out another Silver Blanch arrow, nocking it to the bow's string. She moves 10 feet South (see map) and fires the arrow at the orange enemy.

To hit (Masterwork Composite Darkwood Longbow with +2 Magic Enchant): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 33
Bard 8th level +6, Dex +2, Belt (Dex Temporary for 24/hr) +1, Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, Inspire Courage (competence) +2, Good Hope (morale) +2

Damage (Silver Blanch Arrow): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 15
Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft), Inspire Courage (competence) +2, Good Hope (morale) +2


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 3 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 20 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Ben completes his second summoning ritual, causing three earth elemental to sprout from the rocky ground. The elementals immediately attack together with the leopard. The leopard probably provokes an AoO from the construct while moving. The elementals charge at the construct (Ben summons them a bit past the construct to allow this).

Number of elementals: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Celestial leopard bite attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 32
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Celestial leopard bite attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 13
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

After the biting at the construct, the summoned leopard tries to grab it…

Celestial leopard grapple attempt: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

…and then to claw it twice.

Celestial leopard claw attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 14
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d3 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Celestial leopard claw attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 29
Damage (+2 inspire courage): 1d3 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Green earth elemental slam attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, -1 Power Attack, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 25
Damage (+2 inspire courage, +3 Power Attack): 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 3 = 18

Red earth elemental slam attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, +2 flanking, -1 Power Attack, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 22
Damage (+2 inspire courage, +3 Power Attack): 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 3 = 13

Blue earth elemental slam attack (+2 inspire courage, +2 charge, -1 Power Attack, +2 foretell): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 14
Damage (+2 inspire courage, +3 Power Attack): 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 3 = 14

In the meantime, Benedictus guides his summons and friends, observing the scene from a vantage point.

Ben uses his foretell ability for the first time! He chooses to aid!
Foretell (Su) At 8th level, you can utter a prediction of the immediate future. While your foretelling is in effect, you emit a 30-foot aura of fortune that aids your allies or hinders your enemies, as chosen by you at the time of prediction. If you choose to aid, you and your allies gain a +2 luck bonus on ability checks, attack rolls, caster level checks, saving throws, and skill checks. If you choose to hinder, your enemies take a –2 penalty on those rolls instead. You can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to your wizard level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

_________________________

Status:
hp – 50/50
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, 8 hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 8th, concentration +14)
[smaller]4th (2+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (3)

3rd (3+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III (2)
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

Wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 45/50 charges remaining)


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 20

Though Zilchus and Stelle seem to have the clockworks under control, Florence attempts to use her magic to pin the second one's shadow to the floor and make it easier for her friends to strike.

"Um...most of my magic doesn't work well against these sorts of things," she sighs...and then emits a little hiccupy-sounding giggle.

Daily Spells & Powers:

4th - Blessing of Fervor, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)


________

Florence attempts to cast Shadow Trap on the clockwork; DC 16 Will save or it becomes entangled. And then she giggles again, continuing Zilchus' good fortune...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The clockwork soldier manages to avoid the trap and its shadow behaves as normal.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
I think the foretell doesn’t effect the earth elementals or the leopard this round and Ptolomy becomes visible, though he holds his action. They are summoned at the start of your round and attack. Then on your round, you buff the group. That’s after they’ve already gone. They will have these bonuses next round - just before your action. And no, unless you speak leopard and earth elemental you can’t get them to delay.

I wonder if the elementals gain the inspire courage before Nidhi’s turn so she can add them as allies, but I’m going to allow that for simplicity. Anything summoned automatically gets that boost as an ally at the moment of summons.
- - -

Benedictus’s leopard does a little damage, as do the elementals and then he buffs the party further. Florence attempts to trap the creature in its own shadow, but it resists. Nidhi weaves an arrow through cover to strike a blow on the clockwork soldier - though she does a little less damage with silver than she would with adamantine (DR 5). Stelle moves into position and improves everyone’s AC. Zilchus steps up and swings twice more - connecting both times!

With Zilchus’ blows, the clockwork soldier collapses in a pile of gears and metal filings.

We are out of initiative.

- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 28 (-38hp)
Green - 27 (destroyed)
Orange - 27 (destroyed)
Benedictus - 20+
Ptolomy - 20+
Menagerie - 20+
Florence - 20-
Nidhi - 16
Stelle - 6

Looking south, you see into the next chamber. Several desks piled with scrolls and codices sit in this chamber, though they seem to have seen little recent use. It seems to be some sort of reading room. You also see another clockwork creature though it does not appear to be moving and has a thick layer of dust - the same as everything else in the chamber.


Zilchus watches blood gust from his wounds, traveling down his arms and armor, and then puddling on the floor.

My blood. Again.

With a sigh, he reaches to pull out the wand of CMW, hitting himself at least twice.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 8) + 3 = 16 CMW
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 2) + 3 = 13 CMW

Feeling better, but still wounded, he puts the wand away to take stock of the rest of the party. -9 hp.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well...so that happened," Florence remarks as the second clockwork falls in a heap of broken pieces. She pulls out the wand that Stelle had entrusted to her and gives Zilchus a tap with it for good measure.

Cure Light Wounds (Zilchus): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Charges remaining (49).

"There. Leaving even a little injury now could make for a big problem later if we get into another scrape."

Florence then turns and peers into the chamber to the south but makes no move to approach; resolved to let those with sharper eyes than her own search for any potential traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22

"At least we've found the reading right room off?" she smiles, trying to take a glass half-full approach to things.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle blinks in wonderment as she see's the second clockwork's shadow reach up and attempt to grapple the clockwork casting it, only to have the host clockwork shrug it off.

She glances at Florence, clearly impressed.
"I've never seen that before either!"

Stelle inches up to the room and cautiously enters.

"Aww, this one looks broken."

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oh! Thank you," Florence smiles, a bit surprised as Stelle compliments her spellwork. "I don't think it's an especially common bit of magic, but I like it...it's elegant but it's also unexpected."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Guys, I can disable the floor trap. It might be a good idea in case there's a giant insect and we have to run for our life."

Nidhi tilts her head and places a hand on her hip, "I should disable it... right?" She watches as the others start walking deeper into the building.

Unless someone protests, Nidhi moves to where she can disable the floor trap and takes out her new, glowing tools.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 5 = 28


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yes, you should definitely disable the floor trap right now before we go any further," Florence agrees, suddenly extremely serious. "Because if we have to leave in a hurry I can't fly you all back across the pit; my poor arms and back wouldn't be able to take it!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus smiles at Florence's healing kindness. He takes a deep breath. "Thank you."

* * *

Zilchus waits for Nidhi to disable the trap as he can attest to the fact that the trap does hurt one's face and should not be fallen into while fleeing a giant bedbug.

* * *

Zilchus waits for Nidhi, but on his guard. He ponders.

"You know, Ben, we should check out this entire place before you get into your books. I'd not want any more of these metal guardians to corner someone. They hit pretty hard," Zilchus says, looking at his drying blood. "Let's go back and to the left and check down that corridor first, then circle back as needed."

Zilchus moves over that way, thinking the rest of the party will follow because it only makes sense. Moved on map. Come if you want.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Nidhi wrote:
"I should disable it... right?"

"Yes -- that is a good idea!" Stelle takes up sentry duty in the "crossroads" of the hallways.

Zilchus wrote:
""Let's go back and to the left and check down that corridor first, then circle back as needed."

"Yes, that's a good idea too. I think this room will keep until we get back," Stelle says, urging Annie to trail Zilchus after Nidhi has completed her task.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben sends his summons toward the apparently inanimate statue, to see if it reacts. If it does not, Ben breathes a sigh of relief.

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"You know, Ben, we should check out this entire place before you get into your books. I'd not want any more of these metal guardians to corner someone. They hit pretty hard," Zilchus says, looking at his drying blood. "Let's go back and to the left and check down that corridor first, then circle back as needed."

Ben considers Zilchus’s suggestion and ponders for a few seconds before nodding to his friend. “I agree with you. We should check the entire place before starting the research. And to this end please let me just…,” says Ben while activating detect magic, “check if everything is alright here.

After scanning the current chamber for magic, Ben casts dancing lights again. Then he turns to the others. “Let’s move to the intersection. I will have Ptolomy lead the way while invisible, just to have an idea of what’s inside each room before entering.” And Ben does just that, passing the command to his familiar through telepathy: the order is to check the contents of each unexplored room and describe it telepathically to Ben, who will in turn inform his friends. Once Ptolomy has checked a room, Ben lets his companions start the exploration.

I have marked an order of investigation on the Roll20 map.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle examines the clockwork servant, and finds nothing of particular interest, though there is a keyhole in it's back - same as with the other two clockwork creatures.

A detect magic/spellcraft reveals that the halberds the clockwork soldiers were carrying are +1.

The clockwork servant does not move - though I don't think Ben can send the summoned creatures to threaten it without speaking the summoned creatures language. You can direct attacks, nothing more, and for now I assume you're not attacking it.

Nidhi resets the trap easily enough, and the floor moves back into position. One more roll to disarm the trap and leave the floor safely in place please.

Ben, Ptolomy's invisibility lasts a whole three rounds. So he can go out a round, look around a round, and fly back a round. Not much coverage.

Between Ptolomy's examination and the party looking down the hall, you find a connection between the various hallways you've found so far and another hallway leading off to the south.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi continues her work on the trap floor. Meticulously turning her glowing tools this way and that, trying the seal the floor shut permanently.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 5 = 22

She seems more determined than ever if her first attempt fails. Nidhi leans closer to her work, shutting out any outside noise that doesn't pertain to the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 5 = 35

If that doesn't work, Nidhi tries one last time to disable the floor before giving up.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 5 = 27


When others are ready, Zilchus will make his own search of the hallway, carefully walking down to the end, taking his time to look for bad things and especially secret doors.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 2 = 26 Heroically Perceptioning


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Hey Zilchus! Let's check out the corridor on the right first. We know where this one leads, and I don't want to leave any space for someone to sneak behind us," says Ben as he starts moving toward the eastern corridor on the north.

4,301 to 4,350 of 8,597 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.