GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,101 to 4,150 of 8,614 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi laughs at Zilchus' song, enjoying the creative spin on the lyrics. She claps at the end, "encore! Such talent! Such creative liberty!" Nidhi isn't bothered by the crude implications of the song. She's seen and heard plenty in the taverns of Wati. Nidhi encourages her drunk companion to continue singing, a first-time occurrence treat for her.

I thought Ben and Zilchus had been sharing a room? And Nidhi, Flo, and Cahal shared another? Not that it matters - it's fluff.

Inside their room, Nidhi removes her mask and almost immediately falls asleep. In the morning, Nidhi wakes right as the sun is coming up. She's fatigued from how late the party went, but wide awake. Nidhi participates in her normal morning routine of acrobatic exercises around the room since she assumes it's still unsafe the wander the streets alone. After cartwheels, curls, handstands, and push-ups, she's plops onto her bed again with fruit and a wedge of cheese. "Florence, did you enjoy last night? The food, the festivities, the company..." Nidhi thoughtfully stares up at the wooden beams supporting the ceiling.

As the party meets up for breakfast, Nidhi takes the liberty of explaining the mask - but none of the "tedious" library stuff. "You see, Stelle," Nidhi begins, "we weren't always this boring.”

Nidhi’s 100% accurate recollection of their journey thus far:
“We used to cross into the Necropolis and delve into the deepest, darkest crevasses. Places that turn your hair white and make you forget how to breathe. Our first assignment was pretty typical.“ Nidhi leans in conspiratorially, whispering: ”We arrived at Akhentepi’s Tomb mid-morning. The tomb’s doors where made entirely of stone seven feet thick. So, we took four baby elephants and roped ‘em up real good. The doors soon gave way to a deep tunnel, trapped with metal springs set to the rope of unsuspecting spelunkers! So, we took took a torch wrapped in long stem of garlic cloves and tossed it down. When the coast was clear, we climbed down our own ropes and into the tomb. Little did we know, even the floor was trapped! Arrows came flying out of the walls towards our shins, then, at the end of the hall, burrowing beetles smelled our blood. They came charging at us! But! Luckily there was a golden chariot. We got inside and Zilchus and Augustus pulled, through the dark chambers we went – until, the puppets. They knew exactly where to strike! It looked like the end - our poor shins, bleeding and bruised, handicapped us already. We couldn’t run,” Nidhi pauses taking a deep breath, ”BUT THEN!” Nidhi slams both her hands on the table, There was ANOTHER trap! One that prophesized the flooding of the Nile! So we triggered it! We swam, swam to deepest part of the tomb: the personal chamber of Pharaoh Akhentepi, himself. But, alas! There. He. Was! Waiting for us, wrapped in tattered bandages, moaning, and reeking of death. We had no choice, my friend. We slew him where he stood and looted all his valuables in the name of the Ruby Prince.”

”Our second assignment used to be a wealthy’s noble’s home. It was built thousands of years after the tombs but before the plague. The sickness swept through the streets of the Necropolis before his family tomb was completed. The structure had been claimed - during or after – by a mass of undead cats. Zilchus and I were hit unexpectedly as soon as we arrived. It was a miracle we could stand and hold up our weapons. There was also a sand guardian, trapped by the evil noble. I thought it was a mirage but we were able to take it out as well. But, before the guardian fell, it cast upon us one last curse. A colossal centipede followed by a swarm of loyal beetles came to meet up outside! We were flanked! The centipede on the left and the beetles to the right of the building. The worst part were the mandibles, dripping with acidic saliva capable of melting through any armor. I’ll spare you the gory details since we’re at breakfast. The damage from the undead cats took us days to fix. It was a powerful sickness. Terrible, terrible, indeed.” Nidhi lets out a yawn from lack of sleep.

”So, then we had our third assignment. The Church of Nethy’s. Along the way, we were ambushed by a group of no-good thieves. They had been hired by another group, led by a crazed and incredibly ugly lady with a purple hat. After we’d dispensed of the common crooks, we confronted the other group who were wrongfully looting our assigned area. They refused to listen to reason, vowing to slaughter each and every one of us. We had no choice: against our personal morals, we killed them. The Church was our first real taste of the undead. Of how loyal they could be. Priests who’d served the church in life, rose from their dormitory beds to try and convert us. A particularly nasty clergy tried to bless one of us in Nethy’s name – only after trying to turn up undead. We slept there, in the church. We slept in the basement tomb where all the dead bodies lay, rotting and foul. We knew we couldn’t leave. There was something, something, preventing us from leaving. We searched the building in great detail, including the impressive library, until we found it. A secret chamber, tainted by dark necromantic powers. It was where the mask had been stored.” Nidhi leans back, realizing she’s slowly gravitated closer to Stelle as she explained the tale. As she continues, her story becomes less detailed (perhaps due to Ben's critical glances whenever she exaggerates or twists the truth.)

”With our three locations explored and the week expended, the Necropolis was sealed once more. People celebrated and critiqued the Roby Prince’s decision, but we didn’t care because we were about to be rich. We gathered at the auction house a few days after to see what we’d recovered bundled up and sold. Rick, decadent foods and the most famous, prominent people of Wati were there. Everything was prefect…” Nidhi moves to slam both hands on the table again but it’s more obvious this time. ”BAM! The doors to the auction house came straight off their hinges. At least a dozen undead were there, trapping all of us there. Ben was our saving grace. After a lengthy combat, he threw fire onto them, destroying the remaining undead! Unfortunately, the auction house also caught. In the midst of all the chaos, Cahal ran off into the frenzy. We left the auction house, burning behind us, to cause after her. After miles of running we reached her house where a mummy was attacking her small daughter. There were looters taking advantage of the situation – you know, you were there! We saved a tea shop owner and helped Abdur keep his tavern stocked.” Nidhi suddenly stops talking.

She’d been on a roll when she remembered an event. The only time she’d really been scared, shaken to her core. It had been the closest she’d even been to death. ”I… I don’t think I should continue. Maybe Ben or Florence can explain the rest.” Nidhi sneaks a glance at the recovering Zilchus from the corner of her peripheral before scooting his water and a greasy pile of food closer to him. She thinks she can still feel the teeth biting into her skin and the violent toss of her body.


GM Euan wrote:
The night passes uneventfully and the morning sun rises hot and early. It is Moonday, 30 Sarenith, 4714. For convenience, you’ve agreed to meet at Purusha’s Inn for breakfast to discuss your plans.

Zilchus does *not* make it to breakfast (unless breakfast is in middle afternoon) and no amount of prodding will get him up and going (unless you want fists to start swinging) as Zilchus is in a foul and hungover mood.

He does get up to both create water for himself and relieve himself of the water/beer/ale in the chamberpot, in addition to a needed casting of Endure Elements (which is no protection against the hangover sweats nor shivers). Stupid magic. Should be better.

When you find Zilchus (or Zilchus finds you), he is nursing an applejack and tomato juice drink while trying to find the stomach to eat some slightly burnt toast. He thinks the most of his morning sickness is over.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle listens to Nidhi's story wide eyed enrapt.

Nidhi wrote:
"I… I don’t think I should continue. Maybe Ben or Florence can explain the rest.”

"O.K.! O.K!" Stelle nods in understanding. "Thanks for relaying all that! What happened then? What happened next?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben shakes his head repeatedly while Nidhi simply pours all the dangerous information he has strived to keep secret.

I am starting to think that she has got a screw loose...

Ben trusts Stelle, but only to a reasonable extent, and as such, when consulted, the scholar sighs and starts speaking at a slow pace to be sure to deliver his message correctly.

"Listen, Stelle. I do not know why Nidhi has decided to reveal all this information to you, but trust me...it is better if you take it slow, and very carefully. This is a more dangerous affair then it may seem, and the more you know, the more you will be exposed to danger. The secrets we hold, and the mysteries we are trying to solve...We are not the only one to know those secrets and to covet those solutions. Dangerous, ruthless people are after them too. Se please, do not take it as a sign of distrust, but I think you know even more than you should at the moment."

The scholar sips his milk, then ensues.

"If you want to help us, no problem. I will tell you what to do: I guess researching is not your forte anyway, so I will reveal you only what you need to know in order to contribute to our common goal. But for the rest, please believe me, it is better if you wait a better moment and you slowly piece together the crazy things we have discovered so far, because otherwise you could even find them hard to believe. Besides, no one can process too many information at the same time with effectiveness. And Nidhi already delivered a lot of information for your brain to digest."

His speech concluded, Ben sips his milk again, a somber expression in his eyes. "I think we will need to start without Zilchus. He is in a very bad condition, and he needs to sleep off his hangover. Let us leave him here, I will leave a note for him so that he can join us when he feels ready. In the meantime, I suggest we all get on our way."


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Ben wrote:
"If you want to help us, no problem. I will tell you what to do: I guess researching is not your forte anyway, so I will reveal you only what you need to know in order to contribute to our common goal."

Stelle blinks with intrigue at the scholar, wondering above all other things how he thinks he can tell her how to act. "Of course I want to help. To do that effectively, I need to know what you know. We all do, so no secrets!"

She turns to the group as a whole. "So tell me, who assigned you these assignments? Is the mask important? What is it?!"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"No one did. We started as mere participants in an exploration lottery in Wati and ended up sucked into something which perhaps is bigger than us...than some of us, for sure," remarks Ben darting a quick look at Nidhi.

"And yes, the mask is important, although the way in which we carry it around would not suggest so..." Another reproachful look at Nidhi, and a sigh. Ben's moods are clearly the opposite of white. He feels like there is something preventing him from being the same as he was before. Something causing him to be nervous, low tempered and also a bit rude. Something extrinsic to himself, which still evades his scrutiny.

"The mask is a fragment of the soul of a long dead pharaoh who built flying cities or wanted to," Ben says with sarcasm. A smirk of impatience crosses his lips.

"Do you believe me?"

Yes:
"Well, you shouldn't. You have no evidences to believe in that, and yours is not a ration absent, just a judgement made on the fly based on a probably misplaced trust you have in us without any apparent justification aside from the words of an aging human merchant whose knowledge of Shory technology is comparable to my skills at swordmanship."

No:
"Right answer. Now, you see, I was right. This is not easy to believe, but you will come to it, eventually. It is just not the right time yet. Wait, and you will understand."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"No one did. We started as mere participants in an exploration lottery in Wati and ended up sucked into something which perhaps is bigger than us...than some of us, for sure,"

Nidhi continues talking to their new companion, ignoring Ben’s misguided comment: "Sebti from The Church of Pharasma. Wonderful woman. I guess you could call her our employer while we’re here in Tephu." Nidhi lifts her own onyx and silver holy symbol of Pharasma from around her neck, proundly displaying her faith. “After we saved Ptemenib from the handsome Ekram Iffek –“ Nidhi pauses, ”well, his face was covered by a mask but I knew he was handsome by his muscles. He was just... misguided. Just believe me: as far as cultists go, he was hot.” Nidhi states her opinion in a matter-of-fact way. Her story is missing parts due to her straying thoughts on Ekram Iffek’s “hotness.”

Nidhi’s tale grows more off-topic as she starts to focus on physical appearances: ”Nebta-Khufre didn’t have a bad body either but he was crazy.” Nidhi leans forward to gossip: ”you know, he cut off his own grandmother’s head and reanimated her. He wanted to raise Ptemenib as his first lieutenant and transform the world into undeath. The mask fed into his evilness, strengthening the necromantic properties of the item BECAUSE IT’S MAGIC!” Nidhi does jazz hands. Nidhi doesn't explain further and doesn't divulge where Nebta-Khufre's mask is now.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Ben wrote:

"The mask is a fragment of the soul of a long dead pharaoh who built flying cities or wanted to," Ben says with sarcasm. A smirk of impatience crosses his lips.

"Do you believe me?"

Why insist on keeping secrets then say something like that? He seems conflicted.

Stelle cocks her head curiously at the Knowledgable one. "I believe that you believe that what you have learned is all very hard to believe," she says solemnly to the scholar. "I also believe that you believe this is all very dangerous and not to be taken lightly, because your attitude about the both has been -- up until this point -- consistent. But then you tell me what the mask is in a tone that more than merely suggests that I should not believe you, which conflicts with all of your previous insistences that we take things slowly and seriously. That in turn makes me want to believe what you say about the mask. To my ears, it all sounds like a riddle, albeit not a very good one."

She massages Anubis behind the ears. "For now, I think I'll just keep an open mind and see for myself."

Stelle nods as Nidhi speaks of Sebti and the hotness of cultists.

Nidhi wrote:
" [ ... ] The mask fed into his evilness, strengthening the necromantic properties of the item BECAUSE IT’S MAGIC!”

"Ah -- now see? A mask with necromantic properties found in an ancient tomb located in a Necropolis is a far more plausible explanation."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Aww you use [...] when quoting <3 I'm lazy. Write many research papers?


Zilchus enters the room and plops into a chair, his head in his hands. He carried with him his recovery mixture of applejack and juice and continues to sip upon it as others explain things to the new halfling.

"Who are you? How do we know you?" Zilchus asks, not remembering much from the night before.

He fixes his attention on the dog, his face squished with scrutiny. "I think I had a magic dog in my dreams last night. Keep disappearing on me. Weird stuff. Musta been a good night."


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

:-D I have, but not recently.

Zilchus wrote:
"Who are you? How do we know you?"

Stelle sits back and relaxes, Anubis at her feet.

"Have you considered Kahve and a walk in the fresh air instead of more alcohol? It's better at curing hangovers. What's best is to not drink so much. I joined the Party last night, as well as The Cause. I am Stelle, and this is Anubis. You were chasing him in your inebriated state last night."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The group has a fine breakfast at Purusha’s, and Stelle learns much, though not all, of what has happened over the last few weeks. At least up to the undead uprising in Wati. Why (and what) you’re researching in Tephu hasn’t yet been covered, but it’s time to head back and continue that research. You can further discuss on the way, and during the long dusty hours in the library.

The party returns to the Dark Depository. Stelle, the Dark Depository is not a library you’ve been in before. The group walks up to an abandoned well in the Wadjet’s Walk district. The shaft is some 400’ down, so to bring your mighty pharaoh dog, you’ll need to harness him and lower him down. Once the group reaches the bottom, you see the bronze double doors set in the eastern wall are as you left them. In fact upon entering, you find everything as you left it.

Stelle, the Depository is a dark place, in some areas even magical light seems to flicker in unseen breezes and dim - casting long shadows. There is some destruction here and there - remnants of the parties actions in prior days. There is one section of the library, out of four, that the party still thinks holds useful information - in particular information about a Nethys priest named Khnenti.

To research, please make DC 20 arcana, local, religion or history checks. You’ll just be hunting a few hours as there isn’t much left to find. I don’t need the follow up rolls - I just need to see successes.And of course, please feel free to continue the role play as you research.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence seems content to let Nidhi and Ben fill their new companion in on what they've been up to thus far; she knows that both Ben and Nidhi enjoy talking and that they're both good at it, in their own different ways. Still, her smile slips a bit as she listens to Ben address Stelle; she could understand being cautious but the borderline rudeness wasn't something she felt was necessary. It also seemed a little out of place, even for hot-tempered Ben.

On the walk back to the Dark Depository, Florence slows her pace in order to walk next to Ben and engage him in a hushed conversation.

"Hey, Ben? Are you feeling okay? You've seemed a little...testy...lately," she whispers. "There's nothing wrong, is there?"
________

Once safely back in the Dark Depository (after helping Stelle to lower Anubis down the shaft), Florence looks around. "I think we've already mostly found what there is to find down here but we weren't able to completely finish looking around the other day," she explains to Stelle. "Maybe if you want to start over th..." she hesitates, remembering Ben's earlier insistence that they do things his way, "...er, I mean Ben can probably give you the best idea of where to start looking..." Florence finishes vaguely before turning her attention to the task ahead.

Kn. Arcana (DC 20): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
_______

Woohoo, finally!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Florence Corvina wrote:
"Hey, Ben? Are you feeling okay? You've seemed a little...testy...lately," she whispers. "There's nothing wrong, is there?"

Ben is at first surprised by Florence's words, but they stir something inside the deepest layers of his conscience. "I...No, I mean...," Ben mutters. "Nothing wrong, really." He forces himself to smile. "I'm fine, but thank you anyway."

________

Once back in the Dark Depository, Ben feels a bit uncomfortable. Florence's words have awakened a strange awareness in Ben's mind.

Am I really feeling ok?

Ben takes a deep breath, but when Florence speaks again he reacts in a rather surprising way, knowing the type.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Maybe if you want to start over th...er, I mean Ben can probably give you the best idea of where to start looking..."

"Don't listen to her," says Ben with a smile addressed to Stelle. "She is just as skilled as I am at this. And probably it is better if we all follow her guide today, me included."

Ben smiles again, this time at Florence.

I trust her. And when I do not trust myself anymore, it is good to know that there is someone I can rely on.

For a day, Ben experiences the feeling of carrying over the orders again, as he was used to do when he was just a researcher in the University of Egorian. And that helps him relax for a few hours: leaving responsibilities aside for a moment feels good.

Knowledge (history) check: 1d20 + 17 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 3 = 38


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Slightly Earlier

Ben wrote:
"I...No, I mean...," Ben mutters. "Nothing wrong, really." He forces himself to smile. "I'm fine, but thank you anyway."

"Well...okay, if you're sure," Florence replies, still feeling a little uncertain but not willing to try and force the issue any further, at least not at that particular moment. "But if you think you might be getting too stressed it might be a good time for some of your famous tonic," she smiles, hoping to at least lighten the mood a little.

________

Present-ish

Surprised at the sudden vote of confidence from Ben, it takes Florence a minute to find her voice. "I...are you sure, Ben? Well...if you're sure, then okay! I'll do my best," she responds, buoyed by the trust being placed in her.

And maybe it'll help him relax a little to take a break from leading the research, at least for today.

And so she sets about helping to guide everyone else in their endeavors, a bit hesitant at first (it'd been a long time since she'd been in charge of a project) but then with more confidence as her methods slowly but surely begin to garner some good results.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

As soon as the party is down inside the Dark Depository, Nidhi confronts Ben: "Okay, okay. You're stupidity has been fun and all but I think it's time we get you back to normal, Ben." Nidhi crosses her arms, feet apart: "Take it off, Ben." Nidhi doesn't specify the headband because she thinks it's common knowledge. "Right, Florence? Don't you want Ben to take it off?" Nidhi starts complaining, "I hate all this! I want to go out and be adventurers again! The longer Ben studies fungus, that longer we'll be stuck here!" Nidhi lays flat on the ground, face up.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Take it off? Why?! It's a very powerful magic item, why should I take it away?!"


Zilchus eventually stumbles his way to the library, still nursing himself and moving slowly. He plops nearby and watches the women try to undress Ben. He can't believe what he is seeing, but also doesn't care too much because he feels awful.

He will eventually pick up a book and look for nudie drawings to make himself feel better.

1d20 + 11 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 - 2 = 18 Know (History, -late, -hungover)
1d6 ⇒ 1 if success


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Have you considered Kahve and a walk in the fresh air instead of more alcohol? It's better at curing hangovers. What's best is to not drink so much. I joined the Party last night, as well as The Cause. I am Stelle, and this is Anubis. You were chasing him in your inebriated state last night."

Zilchus offers his bad, not-so-good smile to the halfling with dog. He considers responding with something bitter (considering how he feels), but decides to say different things.

"Nah. This stuff works best. I'll be fine in a few hours. We had quite the party last night. You should have been there. We met with Miminofrah, who *I* know personally," Zilchus grouses as he looks around. He clearly doesn't remember much of last night.

"So...did Ben hire you to help with the research? Is your dog one of them research sniffing dogs? That's nice. Such a good doggie," Zilchus seems ready to reach out and pet the dog but delays, wondering if the dog doesn't really exist or will disappear.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"You've been acting strangely ever since you put it on! Did you even inspect it beforehand?" Nidhi looks at her other companions, "let's tickle him and then one of us can unbuckle it.

Nidhi moves slowly, inching slowly towards Ben, fingers wiggling and aiming for his armpits. (Anyone can grab Nidhi's arm to stop her.) "I've got some nimble fingers, heh heh heh" Nidhi slowly takes another step closer to Ben, then another, and another. The entire approach lasts a good 30 seconds.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Zilchus wrote:
"Nah. This stuff works best. I'll be fine in a few hours. We had quite the party last night. You should have been there. We met with Miminofrah, who *I* know personally,"

Nope. He's far from recovered still. Stelle manages not to shake her head in disappointment, but merely eyes him indifferently.

Zilchus wrote:
""So...did Ben hire you to help with the research? Is your dog one of them research sniffing dogs? That's nice. Such a good doggie,"

When he hears Zilchus utter the word 'dog', Anubis flashes Zilchus one of his goofier grins and wags his tail vigorously.

"No, I was sent by Abdur of Wati. I mentioned this last night, but you were the venue was quite loud."

~~~
"Thank you, Florence, for helping with Anubis. I'm impressed! I've never been in this part of the Library! It's so ... dark. What are we looking for?"

Ben wrote:
" [ ... ] And probably it is better if we all follow [Florence's] guide today, me included."

Stelle smiles and nods at Ben, and moves to assist him. As if he needed it...

"Fetch, Anubis!"

Aid Ben, KnowHistory: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 (provides +5 bonus if successful) "Ah, well -- I see you have a handle on it."

Aid Florence, KnowArcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (provides +5 bonus if successful) "Maybe ... ?

Nihdi wrote:
"Okay, okay. You're stupidity has been fun and all but I think it's time we get you back to normal, Ben. Take it off, Ben."

Oh?!

Stelle turns around to watch the interaction between Nidhi and Ben. She looks at Florence to see if Florence wants anything removed from Ben. This is fascinating... "Uh, but -- is this the right place and time for ... ?" she trails off, unsure of what is about to transpire.

"What is a very powerful magic item? Why isn't Ben acting 'normal'? Is something broken?" she asks, stepping up to assist in some way if possible.
I can reach the back of his knee...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16

When Nidhi lays face up on the ground, Anubis goes to her and starts whimpering and licking her face.

Are you Okay? Are you hurt? Playing?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Led by Florence instead of Benedictus, and with Stelle’s aid, the party makes headway, and quickly. Just a couple hours pass before you zero in on some scraps of a personal journal that reveal a priest of Nethys named Khnenti who clearly became obsessed with the mystery of the Sky Pharaoh. One extract from Khnenti’s journal reads, “The Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh is said to contain a portion of Hakotep’s soul, his ka, which gives the mask its magical abilities.” It then goes on to list the abilities of the mask. In addition to what you already know*, you learn that the mask will improve to be +6 from it’s current +4 someday, and give the wearer a Finger of Death once per day as the spell of the same name. It does not say when these things occur.

Khnenti seems to have set out upon some sort of quest to unravel these mysteries. There is also brief mention of the Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather hoping to commune with the Sky Pharaoh to learn his “darkest secrets,” but with ambiguous results.

Perhaps as important, you realize (well perhaps not Stelle as she has nothing to compare his behavior to), now that he’s taken a step back, that you’ve struggled mightily to research in this particular library under Benedictus’ tutelage. When he was in charge, all manner of things went wrong and much time was wasted. Quite unlike the prior libraries the group has investigated.

It is late morning, and you have done all the research that’s worthwhile in this library. The next ferry to Wati is at dusk (remember you’ll want to visit Abdur to sell the goods you have). You can also research the next library, The Vault of Hidden Wisdom, who’s entrance location is found by following the long shadow of the Tower of Ra’s Glory in the dawn sun of midsummer (a week or so past now). You also have a lead in Sothis. The Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather apparently hid Hakotep’s heart in Azghaad’s Spire.

* Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh:
Carved from gold and inlaid with cobalt, lapis lazuli, and onyx, this elaborate funerary mask (image) takes up both the head and headband slots. It provides +4 to one mental ability score (chosen by the wearer, but once selected, it cannot be changed for that person). If Intelligence is selected, you learn the skills Knowledge Nobility and Knowledge History. The mask provides the wearer with a permanent Deathwatch ability as per the spell. Further, the wearer is protected as if by a Nondetection spell. Finally, once attuned (24hrs), the mask has additional powers depending on alignment (neutral chooses).

Evil characters double the number of undead they can control by any given method, and the wearer may Animate Dead and Create Undead once per day as a free action. Worn by a good character, you are protected from all disease, including supernatural diseases, and you may cast Death Ward, Finger of Death, and Speak with Dead each once per day as a free action.

Finally, legends hint at unspeakable ritual that can use the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh to create a “ka pulse,” channeling the energy of Hakotep’s fractured soul to animate huge numbers of undead creatures in a wide area. The readings confirm that doing so is rumored to destroy the wearer’s own ka, thereby denying the wearer access to the afterlife and enslaving his will to that of the Forgotten Pharaoh.

As an artifact, the mask is priceless.
- - -


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Very well. Have it your way. I'll take it off," replies Ben with a perplexed expression as he takes off the headband.

How does Ben feel after doing so? Does he notice any difference?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus is, sadly, certain he's grown less intelligent. The headband definitely makes him smarter. He yearns for the power the thing provides. Florence must be wrong. The headbands power is clear... Best he can do is investigate it further. You can try to ID it more closely if you like.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus puts his head in his hands and wonders why Ben is resisting the efforts to undress him.

He waits to see what happens next, still not feeling like doing too much until his headache subsides.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Earlier, Before the Research?

Florence stops and gives Nidhi an absolutely baffled look. "Wait, what? What??? Take it off? No, no one needs to take anything off, this isn't the time or place!" She flushes, both with confusion and now at the extremely intrusive thought of Ben getting undressed. "I told you we could party again tonight; if you want to get undressed, do it then!"

When Ben grudgingly removes his headband, she looks from the item to Ben and then to Nidhi. "Did I miss something? What's wrong with Ben's headband?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi examines Ben's headband, while talking about conspiracies: "It's probably cursed or something! The assassins knew we'd come to their lair so they cursed this headband knowing Ben would put it on!"

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Nidhi can Inspire Competence on an ally within 30 feet to give them a +3 on any skill check.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle looks from the item, to Ben, then to Nidhi, then to Florence and shrugs. She considers looking at Zlichus, but refrains -- imagining he is still holding his head.

"Cursed?! Assassins? Is that who tried something on you in Tephu? For that old thing?" Stelle puts her index finger to her lower lip pensively. "Still, I bet it's worth quite a bit... You could probably trade it in for a much nicer one! One that goes with your eyes!"


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"You...think it's cursed?" Florence's eyes grow wide and she now regards the headband cautiously. "Why?" She's still not entirely convinced that Nidhi should be taken seriously on this one, though this episode does seem a little out of character, even for her.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Spellcreaft check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Is the headband cursed according to Ben?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi identifies the item as a +4 headband of vast intellect. Very nice magic item indeed. Benedictus confirms Nidhi’s findings, even with Nidhi’s aid. Though he doesn’t know it, the very magic of the headband hampers his skill check (spellcraft being an int check) and he sees it for what he believes it to be - a +4 headband of intellect. It will require further study, or a third party, to ascertain anything further.

It certainly looks like a +4 headband.


Zilchus' head hurts from all the yelling. He tries to keep his cool, but might need to go outside or take a nap, one of the two, to recover himself. It has not been a good morning.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

GM: Ben is not wearing his headband while attempting the check. Does that change the result? If not, see the following post; on the contrary, disregard it.

"I find nothing strange with it. I think I will keep it," states Ben, shrugging.

"Why don't we start our research of the next library instead of thinking about my headband? We have to reach the The Vault of Hidden Wisdom, I think. Shall we?"


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

With neither Nidhi or Ben seeming to find anything amiss with Ben's new headband, Florence shakes her head. "That's a neat story Nidhi, but maybe you should've waited for another party or gathering to try telling it," she remarks, clearly convinced that the whole episode has just been another case of Nidhi's hyperactive imagination.

"Anyway, Ben's right. Let's see what we can find out about this Vault of Hidden Wisdom," Florence continues. "And hey, we've made a lot of progress already! The quicker we finish this research, the quicker we can get out of here and take a break."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi looks incredulously at her various party members, "nobody else has noticed there's something different - no, wrong - about Ben? What about the mold spores!" Nidhi has trouble letting the subject go.

When it's clear nobody believes her, Nidhi throws her hands up into the air, "maybe the headband seems normal, but something terrible has taken hold of Ben! I suggest-" Nidhi sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose. Oh, no. I'm turning into BEN - a regular NERD! Nidhi sighs again, "We should test a few things. Humor me. Florence will should wear the new headband - just for today - and Ben should wear his old one. We can see if it's the headband or something else in this cursed place. If Florence acts normally while Ben's still an idiot, I'll buy everyone an ale tonight and we'll know it's something else in this place messing with Ben."

Nidhi places a hand on her hip and tilts her head. "Ben was super smart with his old headband, so putting it back on for one day shouldn't effect his research." Nidhi firmly refuses to do any sort of research unless Ben switches headbands with Florence or Ben researches without the "cursed" headband for a day. If Ben puts on her new headband again, Nidhi makes it her personal duty to watch and examine all of Ben's actions the entire day, obnoxiously pointing out any and all mistakes he makes. Nidhi is really caught up in the conspiracy.


Zilchus raises his head and looks at Ben, concentrating with all his mighty might and trying to decide if Ben has been acting weirdly.

1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 = 12 Sense Motive (hangover)

"Yeah, Ben," Zilchus surprisingly takes Nidhi's side...but only after the call for alcohol being purchased was added to the deal. Yeah, more booze will fix this hangover, that's for sure. "Yeah, let's trade and see if Florence starts acting weird. And then we can go drinking again, maybe."


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Nidhi wrote:
"What about the mold spores!"

"Mold spores? What mold spores? Ugh! I HATE mold!"

Companions wrote:
" ( keep headband... more search... more search... trade headbands... trade headbands and then drink more ...)"

Stelle shoots Zilchus a reproachful look.

"I didn't know Ben since before he was an 'idiot' --" Stelle turns beet red, and covers her mouth realizing how that must have sounded. "Sorry Ben, I mean -- I didn't know you before you started wearing the headband, so I can't opine about it one way or another, and I have no skill in identifying such things. May I suggest that we go and consult Abdur about this headband before heading to The Vault of Hidden Wisdom? He'll probably know what it is! If it turns out to be a really bad thing, he might be able to help us find something useful in exchange for it that Ben can use instead."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"No way! If this thing is really curse, something I honestly doubt, well...in that case I would never give it to Florence, guys. No way you can convince me to do such a thing," Ben answers with a smile. His expression is firm, beyond any attempt to convince him otherwise.

"Don't worry, Stelle. Most of the people I know deem me an idiot. The very few that don't are all in this room," Ben calmly replies. "As for Abdur, I second your idea. I have a few questions to ask him too..."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Instead of assisting the group with research, Nidhi does some research of her own. Nidhi spends the entire day examining and studying all-things Ben. Nidhi stands obnoxiously close to her companion. She closely peers at his face while he studies, watches over his shoulder while he looks at old writings, and even watches him eat. I swear I'll get to the bottom of this! Queue montage of Nidhi creeping around Ben.

Perception (Ben): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Perception (Ben's Headband): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Perception (Ben's Robe): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception (What Ben is reading): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Perception (Ben's Lunch): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Zilchus looks from one face to another, wondering why Ben needs the damn headband at all now.

"Why don't you give the damn headband to damn Florence because she's mostly normal some of the time and we can all observe her. That's a good idea, piddlespot it! Now let's have some quiet! It's too loud in here."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Okay okay, look - since it's clear we're not going to get anywhere until we put Nidhi's mind at ease we can do one of two things, or both. I can wear Ben's headband for awhile or we head out to see Abdur right now," Florence exclaims, throwing her hands up in the air. "Or hell, we can do both! At this point I don't care which we do but by the gods we're going to do something so we can be done with this nonsense! And if we go to see Abdur then we might as well sell off what we can while we're there and at least make the trip worthwhile!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx, having been allowed out of his carrier during the research, flattens his ears against his head and moves to hide behind Anubis since he seems to be the most sane being in the room right now.

Yelling! Why all the yelling??? It's too noisy in here!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Florence Corvina wrote:
"And if we go to see Abdur then we might as well sell off what we can while we're there and at least make the trip worthwhile!"

Nidhi, still in deep observation of Ben, replies: "I wouldn't mind visiting Grandmother." Nidhi compares the width of Ben's shoulders to his hips, wondering if a green-belch imp might be hiding under his cloak.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Florence Corvina wrote:
"Okay okay, look - since it's clear we're not going to get anywhere until we put Nidhi's mind at ease we can do one of two things, or both. I can wear Ben's headband for awhile or we head out to see Abdur right now."

"In that case, I will narrow down your option Florence. We head out to see Abdur right now, because I will not change my mind on having you to wear this headband," firmly explains Ben. "Let's go, come on."

Why is Nidhi observing me so closely?

Ben tries to stay as far as possible from Nidhi, both embarrassed and suspicious about her behavior.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"At least that's decided," Florence sighs, shaking her head. "Like I said, at least we can sell our wares and make purchases if we need to while we're there so it won't be a waste of time. And we still made some progress in here at least," she adds with a smile, trying to remain optimistic in the face of the many setbacks they've had with their research.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party leaves the deep well, and climbs out into the light and warmth of the city. Annie is hauled up and the party heads off to the docks to see what sort of transport can convey them to Wati at this hour. The next ferry doesn’t leave for several hours, but there are all manner of boats and barges plying the river in trade - surely you can hitch a ride for not too much money.

You don’t got far however, before three black-clad figures leap out at you, scattering the few pedestrians in the vicinity and, hopefully, launching a deadly volley at the party!

-Round Surprise-
Benedictus - 18
Good Folks - 13
- Round 1-
Zilchus - 21
Benedictus - 18
Good Folks - 13
Stelle - 13-
Florence - 10
Nidhi - 6

Benedictus may act in the surprise round, but as they have not leapt out of their hiding places and Benedictus does not perceive them, all he knows is something is wrong.

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Good Folk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Perception Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Florence 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Nidhi 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Stelle 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Zilchus 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
Good Folk 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

I think I’ve got your perceptions and initiatives correct, but please let me know if I’m wrong.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16

Back in the Library

Also annoyed by the yelling, Anubis flicks his ears at the noise -- and in a more exaggerated manner every time Zilchus says the word "damn". He lowers his head slightly in vigilance.

With all of this noise, how would they know if anyone was coming?

***


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Posting from our local D&D Adventurer's League event, sorry for the short post.

Feeling the danger, Ben casts true strike on himself.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, sensing danger, prepares himself with a true strike!

The black clad assassins step out from hiding and loose their bolts, tipped with poison, hoping to weaken you right away.

crossbow at Nidhi: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 damage: 1d10 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (4, 5, 4, 2, 1) = 27 Also, DC 18 fort (poison) save or dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

crossbow at Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 damage: 1d10 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (1, 1, 1, 1, 1) = 12 Also, DC 18 fort (poison) save or dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

crossbow at Zilchus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 damage: 1d10 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (3, 1, 3, 4, 5) = 27 Also, DC 18 fort (poison) save or dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

- Round 1-
Zilchus - 21 (-27hp, fort save)
Benedictus - 18
Good Folks - 13
Stelle - 13- (-12hp, fort save)
Florence - 10
Nidhi - 6 (-27hp, fort save)

Next up - Zilchus and Benedictus in round one, then the good guys.

NOTE: When attacking your foe, please note they have a 20% miss chance. They're a little blurry.

4,101 to 4,150 of 8,614 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.