GM Euan's Mummy's Mask (Inactive)

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,001 to 4,050 of 8,813 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

And Benedictus is right to wait as Zilchus cuts down the last hound. As it blends into he shadows, the stacks brighten a little, but not much, as the room itself still seems to suck the brightness away.

A series of high walls blanketed in hieroglyphs forms a twisting maze of narrow corridors in this chamber. Shelves, recesses, cabinets, and cubbyholes crammed with scrolls, stone slates, and wax tablets line the walls. A second set of stacks in the main, but still not the Inner Archive...


"Get *down*, doggy!" Zilchus forces his falchion to finish off the fetid fading not-feline. He wipes off his blade and tends to his wounds.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 = 15 wand of CMW

Zilchus will take a hit of the wand of CLW, then slowly move into the dog area, watching out for shadow-poops. If the dogs had been here for a while, there might be a lot of poop around.

He looks through the stacks, walking carefully with Detect Magic.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 = 36 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Aside from some shadowy refuse in the corners, Zilchus does in fact find some magic - in the form of scrolls. Benedictus is able to identify them as scrolls of animate dead, contagion, ray of exhaustion, and symbol of pain.

Cahal will take a few hits off the CLW wands floating about to save on resources.
CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5, 8) + 3 = 22


"Well, we can search in the dog pen but wasn't there mention of three stacks? Should be one more around here..." Zilchus says, handing the scrolls off to Ben.

He goes to search the north hallway, thinking he missed something.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 32 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus refocuses his attention on the northern hallway, and does indeed find a secret door! There's one hidden on the western portion of the halls end. He detects no traps on the door.


When others are ready, Zilchus will open the door. He holds his weapon corded falchion in his be-bucklered left hand.

"I'm sure this place doesn't have any mummies or shady dogs in it. I'm sure of it."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus opens the door to reveal… the secret archive! A vast collection of scrolls, clay tablets, and stone carvings litter this chamber, the records neatly stored on shelves as well as haphazardly scattered across the floor. The ceiling is 20’ high and overflowing with the knowledge of the ancients. Further, when Zilchus enters the room and looks around, he discovers a less well hidden secret door behind one of the bookshelves in the west wall.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben stores all the scrolls handed to him by Zilchus in one of his empty scroll cases. When the last secret door is revealed, Ben notifies the others about his intentions. "Let's open all the doors before starting the research."


Zilchus nods at the suddenly more sane Ben. He inspects the secret door carefully, then opens it if there are no problems...and others are ready.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 = 37 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi places her free hand on her hip and tilts her head. "This place is pretty small for the amount of secret doors and traps." She holds her Everburning Torch while she also examines the new secret door. "I'm pretty sure a rogue designed this place," she adds conspiratorially.

Perception (traps): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

If a trap if found, she offers to attempt to disable it, waiting for the others to stand to the side for safety.

Disable Device (with MW tools): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus and Nidhi examine for traps and finding none, open the door to reveal a small cramped passage. Just a couple feet high and wide, you’ll need to squeeze to fit through. Zilchus can see a secret door on the far side of the small chamber (well secret from the other side perhaps, but not secret on this side).

To speed things up a little - there are a LOT of doors here!

The party examines the next door and finding no traps, someone climbs through to discover another large chamber with hundreds of scrolls, tablets, tomes, and wax carvings - a fourth archive! Even the walls, scrawled with thousands of tiny, spidery hieroglyphs, seem to be part of the collection stored here.

You have found all four sets of stacks. There is information to be found in three of them - in the first three rooms you discovered. An hour’s research will reveal that the newest stacks don’t have what you seek and further time spent there will be wasted.

You can take the rooms one at a time with all of you, or split them up with different people searching different rooms. If you all focus on one area, you can search it more deeply in a half day, leaving you another half for another section. Or you can search them all with a slight penalty (DC 22 instead of DC 20 to succeed).

There’s the Secret Archive where you hope to find the Scrolls of Inquiry, the Shadow Stacks with information about the priests and other important peoples, and the Hall of Lost Curators to find more information about the Pharaoh.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"A secret room within another secret room! Let's look at this stuff!" Nidhi eagerly squeezes through the small passage to examine the fourth archive in more detail.

She gets to work, picking up various scrolls and books. This was super secretly hidden, therefore the secrets in here must be super secret important.

Knowledge (History?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry, yes, Knowledge checks please and let me know if you're splitting up or all searching one archive - Arcana, Local, History, or Religion. Your choice.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"I will search them all together," Ben informs his companions. "You...You do what you prefer, in truth I don't need you. I was just preteding you were useful before. Yeah, that was kind of me, I know. Now please, go play hide and seek or whatever ordinary people do." Ben smiles kindly, as though he had just complimented the members of the party.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

Ben will let Nidhi help him, if she insists. But only her.


1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Know (History)
1d6 ⇒ 2 Success

Zilchus helps study, sticking to one room (secret archive) as that's what he's in the mood for, trying to glean what he glean from texts much older than himself.

No matter what: Zilchus will be ready to leave in plenty of time to get to the party. He plans on getting *super* drunk and that's going to be exciting.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"I will search them all together," Ben informs his companions. "You...You do what you prefer, in truth I don't need you. I was just pretending you were useful before. Yeah, that was kind of me, I know. Now please, go play hide and seek or whatever ordinary people do."

Nidhi looks Ben up and down, head tilted and hand in her hip. A slow smile starts to creep across her face; amused Nidhi comments: "Mhmm, that's an excellent idea. Let the ordinary people" Nidhi glances at Zilchus like she's enjoying the new commentary, "go play hide and seek." Nidhi looks towards the ceiling, but what does that even mean?

Nidhi takes on a serious note: "I'll help you Ben. ...Maybe you could point me towards what you showed Zilchus yesterday?" Nidhi glances around for more nude caricatures.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Now it's Florence's turn to look hurt, Ben's tone practically dripping with condescension as he dismisses everyone but Nidhi. "I..." she starts to say, then suddenly snaps her mouth shut as she feels a surge of anger much like the one she'd had when he'd shouted at them all those weeks ago in Wati. But now wasn't the time to start another argument; it was bad enough with Zilchus and Nidhi's constant fussing.

Fine, be that way.

For the briefest of moments she considers making a big show of opting to help Zilchus but then decides against it; though they'd more or less reached a truce over all the business with Muminofrah earlier, she suspected that Zilchus would probably prefer to work alone.

"All right, then I'll go start in the Hall of Lost Curators," Florence replies, a hint of ice in her voice that's never been there before. Without another word, she turns on her heel and quickly strides away before Ben or Nidhi can say anything else that might make her lose her temper.

Kn. Arcana (Hall of Lost Curators): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Try as she might to focus on searching for something useful, Florence finds that she can't put Ben's words out of her mind long enough to make much headway and a variety of thoughts play through her mind as the day wears on.

No right to talk to the rest of us like that even if we did hurt your feelings...you should know we didn't mean it like that...never knew you had such a mean streak, Ben...arrogant know-it-all...frakking Nidhi egging him on...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi finds nothing of particular value though there are many stories in the archives that might spark future songs and poetry. Benedictus has a very frustrating day however, as everything he seems to touch turns to dust in his hands - some literally! He fails to discover anything of value, though he does, a little, insist he found useful things. It’s when he produces a treatise on mold spores that the party really begins to wonder if there’s something wrong with their chief researcher…

Florence has a +2 to the following check…

Sense Motive DC 20:
It is clear Benedictus is under some influence which is keeping him from succeeding. What it may be is unknown to you, but it’s been effecting him since coming down here it seems. He was a much more effective researcher in the other libraries.
- - -

Having found the Secret Archive, Zilchus spend the day delving within it’s texts. The scrolls are cumbersome and difficult to read, and most of the confessions recorded upon them are of no use to your research. One transcript, however, does contain some useful information…

EXCERPT FROM THE SCROLLS OF INQUIRY
Inquisitor: Why did the Sacrosanct Order enter Hakotep’s tomb?
Prisoner: Mercy! May the gods pity me!
Inquisitor: Why did the Sacrosanct Order enter Hakotep’s tomb?
Prisoner: To take the Pharaoh’s heart and death mask.
Inquisitor: Why?
Prisoner: I cannot! Death is better than the punishment I’ll receive.

Prisoner subjected to further flaying for approximately one hour, and subsequently revived after passing out.

Inquisitor: Why did the Sacrosanct Order steal the Pharaoh’s heart and mask?
Prisoner: [unintelligible] Please, no more!
Inquisitor: Why? Answer!
Prisoner: It was believed the Pharaoh’s soul, his ib and ka, were contained within them. Please, gods have mercy!
Inquisitor: Why did the order want the Pharaoh’s ib and ka?
Prisoner: No, I cannot!
Inquisitor: Why did they divide his soul?
Prisoner: No more! Have pity!

Prisoner subjected to the Trial of Seventy-Seven Scarabs. Questioning resumed.

Inquisitor: Why did the order steal the Pharaoh’s ib and ka?
Prisoner: We hoped to learn the secrets of the Shory from his soul.
Inquisitor: Did you succeed?
Prisoner: No, no! May the gods pity us for our hubris!
Inquisitor: Where is the Pharaoh’s heart? Where is the mask?
Prisoner: No, no, please! I’ll tell you! The heart was taken to Sothis, hidden beneath Azghaad’s Spire.
Inquisitor: And the mask?
Prisoner: A shrine. A shrine to Nethys in Wati, where none would ever find it. No more, I beg you!

Questioning continued for three more days without further confessions until subject expired. Subject interred for future questioning, if needed.

Delving deeper in the Hall of Lost Curators, Florence discovers a collection of architectural plans detailing a series of tomb designs of incredible complexity. Each plan is labeled with a double hieroglyph of an owl inside a house. Those of you who can read Ancient Osiriani realizes that this hieroglyph is the “signature” of the architect, a person named Chisisek.

Knowledge engineering*, local*, or history* DC 20:
Chisisek is a relatively well-known architect from the First Age of Osirion. You also think there was at least a meeting between Chisisek and the Sky Pharaoh, but you cannot remember the details.
- - -

Following up on Khnenti’s research on Hakotep, you further learn that the priest carried out further study in an archive of the Great Library called the Vault of Hidden Wisdom. The location of the Vault is a closely guarded secret, but worthy scholars can find the entrance by casting their eyes from the summit of the Tower of Ra’s Glory at dawn on the summer solstice which was just one week ago today.

Cahal spends the day guarding and flipping the occasional book open, but her heart is not in it. Later, she admits to the group that her family is weighing heavily on her mind. She’s not been so far from them for so long. ”I think, when we leave here, I’m going to take the ferry back to Wati. I wish you all the best of luck, but I don’t think I can, in good conscience, stay away from my child. If you need me, I’ll be in Wati. Nidhi, I’ll look in on your mom too - make sure she’s OK.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
It’s when he produces a treatise on mold spores that the party really begins to wonder if there’s something wrong with their chief researcher

Nidhi narrows her eyes at Ben.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

"You know, Ben, I had no idea you were so interested in mold spores. Thinking about changing your research topic?" Nidhi's cheeks turns a little pink "pfft!" She presses her lips together to keep from laughing. This is a problem though. We should figure out what's wrong... eventually.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Nidhi examines the double hieroglyph of an owl inside a house Florence points out. "Ahh... Chisisek was an architect from the First Age of Osirion. He was relatively well-known. Actually, I think there was a meeting between Chisisek and the Sky Pharaoh. Probably about building something. I've heard birdbaths were popular requests by the nobles." Nidhi blinks and as if to clarify, says: "big ones."

Cahal wrote:
"I’ll look in on your mom too - make sure she’s OK.”

Nidhi looks distraught by Cahal's decision to leave the party but lets out a laugh at the last part: "Mother? Grandmother will get a good laugh out of you telling her that." Then, Nidhi gives Cahal a hug, lingering a little too long in the embrace. She never paid enough attention to me to even figure out Jharna was my grandmother. Nidhi sheds a single tear of self-pity.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

"Well, she seemed so young." Cahal says lamely.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Sense Motive
1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30 Know (history)
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8 Painlord Will save to *not* handle Z's discovery like a jackass.

Zilchus offers a manly huzzah of triumph as he reads the scroll to the party...his voice rich with pride, smug satisfaction, & so-much-winning!.

"And then it says here, 'The heart was taken to Sothis, hidden beneath Azghaad’s Spire.' Let that sink in for a moment...'The heart was taken to Sothis, hidden beneath Azghaad’s Spire.'," Zilchus repeats, letting the silence heighten the victory of his find. "This sounds important, doesn't it? Huh? HUH!?" Zilchus preens for a moment, looking in admiration at his find.

"Seems like that is a sizable leads, doesn't it, Ben? Ben?" Zilchus smiles. It's clear that Zilchus considers this little victory as important considering the rude treatment he's had from others recently.

* * *

Cahal wrote:
"I wish you all the best of luck, but I don’t think I can, in good conscience, stay away from my child.”

Zilchus nods, totally getting it. He has almost walked away from this group as well. And he doesn't even have a son.

"No, I hear you, Cahal. You gotta take care of family and, to be honest, not sure we've found enough here that means we shouldn't just destroy the mask and be done with it, you know?" Zilchus says, trying to alleviate any guilt the woman might feel about leaving. "We're almost done here. I'll miss you next time we get attacked by dogs or mummies or invisible spirits...but I think we got it." Zilchus offers a nice man shake to Cahal.

"I appreciate your help with all this."


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"Heh! I'm just glad we've found some stuff we can work with," Florence remarks, not really bothered by Zilchus' preening as much as she might've been under normal circumstances. In truth, she was a little surprised to have turned up what she did with the building plans.

Guess being angry can keep with my focus...maybe I should research in a bad mood more often?

"Too bad we don't have more time to really talk about what we've found, but I guess it's about time to head out," she sighs. "It'd be a shame to get this far and then end up as a crocodile bait because we missed a party."

When Cahal informs them of her intention to return to her family, Florence nods with understanding. "Can't say that I blame you, Cahal. And like Zilchus said, you've already done more than your fair share." Though she hadn't been especially close with Cahal, Florence gives her a brief hug anyway.

"Take care, okay? Keep that little girl of yours safe."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"No, I guess it is not. Mold spores are the key. Sothis is a nice find, I admit it, but we will investigate that lead later. We must first deepen our knowledge of mold spores, otherwise we will not be able to understand the secrets of Shory magic, and thus the power wielded by the Sky Pharaoh."

Ben gives little attention to Cahal. "Fine. I'm sorry about it, that's what I should say, at least. In truth, I think you have made the right choice. People like you should tend to their families and let people like me doing everything else. Good luck with your new life as a mother, I find it a reasonable choice for your ordinary mental skills.
Farewell, Cahal and thanks for what you did for us. And also thank you for saving my life from time to time. Should you ever need something in the future, let me know. The Gods have blessed me with the intelligence that you lack, and the minimum I can do to repay them is make up for it.
"

Ben smiles at Cahal, then to his allies. "I know we should be leaving, but I want to stay a bit more. There is another treatise on mold spores I need to read..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Though Ben resists, the party makes their way to the door, chatting among themselves, their thoughts leave this tomb of a library and drift to the upcoming party. You’ll need to get cleaned up after working among the dusty, cobweb covered tomes and relics. However, as Cahal opens the doors to depart (though now that she thinks on it, she doesn’t remember ever closing them), the pile of bones topped with the crocodile skull begins to rattle and shake.

The bones fly though the party, battering each member as they go!
Bones: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3, 2, 1) = 11 Reflex DC 18 save for half damage.

The pile begins to form in the stairwell with the crocodile skull topping the large creature. It looks down on you, ”Shame on you for stealing from the library!Shame!!” and prepares to attack!

Knowledge Arcana DC 18:
You face a Bone Golem, N Large construct. One question for each five you beat the DC
- - -

Zilchus:
You spy, now that the bones have been removed, a secret door on the top of the platform behind you.
- - -

-Round Surprise-
Benedictus - 31
Good Folks - 8
- Round 1-
Benedictus - 31
Zilchus - 21
Nidhi - 16
Good Folks - 8
Cahal - 5
Florence - 3

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 (acts in surprise round)
Cahal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Florence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Good Folk 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Benedictus may act in the surprise round, but as he goes before the pile forms - all he knows is that the doors were left open and something is wrong. Then Benedictus, Zilchus and Nidhi in round one.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"And then it says here, 'The heart was taken to Sothis, hidden beneath Azghaad’s Spire.' Let that sink in for a moment...'The heart was taken to Sothis, hidden beneath Azghaad’s Spire,'" Zilchus repeats, letting the silence heighten the victory of his find. "This sounds important, doesn't it? Huh? HUH!?" Zilchus preens for a moment, looking in admiration at his find.

Suddenly, Ben's condition isn't as funny. Suddenly, poking the bear (named Zilchus) takes prescient.

Nidhi clasps her hands together and uses her best fawning voice: "Oh, Zilchus! Zilchy-poo! What an impressive find, indeed! It's no wonder why they chant 'Zilchus is great' in ALL the taverns across Wati! Won't your snookums be so proud! I absolutely cannot wait to gush about it at the party later!" Nidhi bats her eyelashes at Zilchus. "Strong with sword and at research? Why, Muminofrah may never let you leave her side after today's discovery!" Nidhi runs to hide behind Florence, her new go-to for safely since Cahal's departure. Nidhi laughs: "I hope Ben and I will be able to fill those big, BIG boots of yours while you're traveling the world on the Pleasure Barge."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ SURPRISE ROUND ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 31 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

No! Where are you going?! I told you we need to investigate mold spores!

Feeling the sense of danger, but also not wanting to leave, Ben casts invisibility on himself.

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 1 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 31 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

As the pile of bones animates, Ben chuckles.

Reflex save): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Now, that’s the perfect excuse to prolonge our permanence here!” he exults, still invisible, before several bones batter on his head.

Ouch! C’est quoi ce délire? I mean, what the hell is happening?!

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

Ben casts true strike on himself.
_________________________

Status:
hp – 33/44
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 7th, concentration +13)
[smaller]4th (1+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (2)

3rd (2+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
Bone Prison (Ex) As a standard action, a bone golem can throw some of its bones at a creature within 30 feet—it must make a ranged touch attack to hit. These bones magically duplicate and form a cage surrounding struck creatures. Each round, the cage makes a combat maneuver check to deal the golem's slam damage, using the golem's CMB. If the check fails, the target is still trapped but takes no damage. The target can escape the grapple normally, or can break out of the bones by dealing 15 points of damage to the prison, which has the same AC, DR, and saves as the bone golem itself. Damage to the prison has no effect on the golem. The golem can only have one bone prison active at a time. If it wishes to create a second one, it (or some other creature) must first destroy the existing one.

Immunity to Magic (Ex) A bone golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and abilities function differently against the creature, as noted below.

- Magical effects that heal living creatures slow a bone golem (as the slow spell) for 1d4 rounds (no save).
- A magical attack that deals negative energy damage breaks any slow effect on the golem and heals 1 point of damage for every 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the healing would cause the golem to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. A bone golem gets no saving throw against attacks that deal negative energy damage.
- A raise dead, resurrection, or true resurrection spell negates its DR and immunity to magic for 1 minute.

DR 5/adamantine and bludgeoning
- - -


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

I am too mad at them to help them out. But I don't want them to die. So please, Ptolomy, speak on my behalf buddy. Here's what you're going to say...

Ptolomy's draconic but sweet voice fills the corridor. "That's a bone golem! Use adamantine, bludgeoning weapons! Oh and it is immune to almost all kind of magic! Healing spells will slow him down, though."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 16:

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Nidhi takes 5 damage

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"A Bone Golem," Nidhi announces. She drops her Everburning Torch (I assume it rolls down the tilted hall and towards the elevator pulls out her bow, and begins to sing. 6/17 Inspire Courage She reaches for an Adamantine arrow for round 2.


Round 1, Init 21

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 Reflex

Zilchus swings his falchion into his hands using his weapon cord, readying what he hopes will be a deadly strike. He calls upon aid from the Great Crocodile as he swings.

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 3 = 25 to hit; (+heroism,+DF)
2d4 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 + 3 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 53/58
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 2/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used
Weapon: 1/7 rounds used
Armor: 0/7 minutes used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus disappears and prepares to strike out hard next round. Zilchus connects, and finds he does a little less damage than he’d hoped as his blade cuts through the joint. Nidhi drops her torch, which does roll to the creatures feet, draws her bow, and begins to sing to boost the party!

The creature strikes back, throwing it’s arms at Nidhi!
Bone Prison, ranged touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

The bones multiply as they fly by, surrounding Nidhi in a tightly bound prison. You are considered to be grappled, and so cannot attack with your bow. You may try to break free (CMB or escape artist roll) or you may attack the bones with a one handed weapon to try and break free. His arms reform after the throw. He provokes from Zilchus with this maneuver.

Next up, Cahal, having no adamantine, tries to simply bludgeon it to death!

Cahal punch: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
Cahal punch: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Cahal punch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

Cahal connects twice, and also does a little less damage with each blow than she'd like. But it's a good beginning.

- Round 1-
Good Folks - 8 (-30hp)
Cahal - 5
Florence - 3
- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 31 (-11hp)
Zilchus - 21(-5hp)
Nidhi - 16 (-5hp, grappled)

Next up - everyone!


Round 2, Init 21

Zilchus swings again. He grunts with effort as he swings.

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 24 to hit; (+heroism,+DF,+grunt)
2d4 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 + 3 = 19 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 53/58
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 2/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 3/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used
Weapon: 1/7 rounds used
Armor: 0/7 minutes used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Changing my actions from the previous round. If I knew the golem had immunity to magic, I wouldn't have used true strike, because the only spell I have which needs an attack is scorching ray, but the golem is immune to it, so...

Round 1

Ptolomy's Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Ben casts haste on his allies.

Round 2

Ben casts grease (DC 18) on the squares occupied by the golem.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

...and the golem, just barely, collapses at Cahal and Zilchus' feet!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Another chapter in my bardic tales: imprisoned by an crocodile golem," Nidhi lifts the back of her hand to her forehead.

She puts away her bow and picks up her torch. "What a rude guy. We risked all kinds of danger just being here." Nidhi places a hand on her hip and tilts her head. "Flo, you want to bathe and get ready before the party? I'd like to spend some time preparing for tonight." Nidhi lifts a finger to her chin, "and maybe make an impulse buy like a silk scarf to wrap around my shoulders or a pair of silver hoops with lapis lazuli pendants dangling at the bottoms." She looks at the other woman, curious as to if she's interested in dressing up as well.


Round 2, Init 21, haste

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 3 = 23 to hit; (+heroism,+DF)
2d4 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 12 + 3 = 23 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 58/58
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 2/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used
Weapon: 1/7 rounds used
Armor: 0/7 minutes used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

heheh, Nidhi, the Golem is not down - merely fallen. It still has life in it yet - and you are still grappled!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

GM Euan wrote:
Bone Prison, ranged touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Wait. That's a lot of damage.

CMB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus (5) + Strength modifier (1) + Dexterity modifier (2) + special size modifier (0)

Nidhi is slapped silly by the bone arms and collapses, unconscious to the floor(?)

Nidhi's HP:
35 -5 -31 = -1 dying


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nope, that was just a to-hit roll. :) No damage was done - as yet, but you remain held. You may also continue to sing, and we'll assume you do for now as you remain conscious. ;)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Whaaat?! Roll to hit but no damage? ...Not that I'm complaining :)

Yeah, Nidhi will continue her Inspire Courage.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal connects twice, trying to bring down the beast. Florence DMPC delays to next round to consider her options. Benedictus hastes the party and greases up the enemy. Zilchus connects twice with the golem, but does not kill it. Nidhi tries unsuccessfully to break free.

The creature ignorantly gets up (provoking from Cahal and Zilchus)…
Cahal punch: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 = 32 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

…and attacks Zilchus for harming it so badly. The great crocodile head bites down on his arm!
Bite on Zilchus: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The bones close in on Nidhi trying to squeeze her.
Grapple CMB: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

Nidhi, like a big lemon, begins to bruise.

Cahal does her best to drop it again.
Cahal punch: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
Cahal punch: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Cahal punch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
hasted Cahal punch: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

Cahal hits twice more, but with DR, can't seem to find a bone to break.

- Round 2 -
Good Folks - 8 (-72hp)
Cahal - 5
Florence - 3
- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 31 (-11hp)
Zilchus - 21(-17hp)
Nidhi - 16 (-15hp, grappled)

Next up - everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Initiative 16:

Nidhi drops her bow so she can press her hands flat against the bone walls. She tries to keep the bones from squeezing her tighter "Help! Guys! Guys?! It's literally squeezing me to death!" Nidhi tries to peer through the bone arms to see what's going on.

Nidhi continues to Inspire Courage and heals herself. 8/17 Inspire Courage

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Spell Tracker:
1st level, 5/day: 1 Disguise Self (Heading to M), 2 Cure Light Wounds (finger), 3 Disguise Self (traveling to DD), 4 Cure Light Wounds (self)
2nd level, 4/day: 1 Cure Moderate Wounds (self), 2 Cure Moderate Wounds (Ben)
3rd level, 2/day: 1 Terrible Remorse, 2 Heroism (Zil)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, To cast CLW, you'll need to make a concentration check against DC 31 (likely a d20 plus caster level plus cha bonus).

However, you could draw and use a wand of healing without having to make the check. Just +1 instead of +5 on the healing.


GM Euan wrote:
Nidhi, like a big lemon, begins to bruise.

Not sure that lemons bruise...banana maybe, but lemon? Oh wait...if you’re calling Nidhi a sourpuss, then Zilchus isn’t going to argue the point. ;)

Also, last hit misses because of the +1 to AC from Haste.

Round 2, Init 21

Zilchus swings his falchion twice at the bone golem, this time trying to keep the beat with the lemonhead.

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 31 to hit; (+heroism,+DF,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 + 3 + 2 = 21 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 29 to hit; (+heroism,+DF,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 + 3 + 2 = 19 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 53/58
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 2/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used
Weapon: 1/7 rounds used
Armor: 0/7 minutes used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sigh, everyone always being creative with what I say! hehehe. I was hoping for another round wherein I could squeeze some blood out of Nidhi. Alas...

Though it takes two mighty swings, Zilchus does bring the bones clattering to the floor. As the creature goes, so does the bone cage surrounding Nidhi - freeing her from her prison.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Retroactive save so I know where Flo is re: health...

Reflex (DC 18): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
_______

"Um...okay, I guess they weren't kidding about the traps and the guardians and not stealing from the library," Florence remarks as the bones clatter to the ground, her voice shaky. "Nidhi, are you okay? Is everyone else okay?" she asks as she rubs at the bruised place on her shoulder where the flying bones had connected earlier.

"Good job," Florence continues, genuinely impressed with how quickly her companions had managed to end the threat. "I'm just sorry that I wasn't any help," she sighs.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nice roll there Florence!

"Yeah, it's one thing after another in these libraries", grouses Cahal. "Are we ready to go yet? I don't want to be late catching the ferry."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Another chapter in my bardic tales: imprisoned by an crocodile golem," Nidhi lifts the back of her hand to her forehead.

She puts away her bow and picks up her torch. "What a rude guy. We risked all kinds of danger just being here." Nidhi places a hand on her hip and tilts her head. "Flo, you want to bathe and get ready before the party? I'd like to spend some time preparing for tonight." Nidhi lifts a finger to her chin, "and maybe make an impulse buy like a silk scarf to wrap around my shoulders or a pair of silver hoops with lapis lazuli pendants dangling at the bottoms." She looks at the other woman, curious as to if she's interested in dressing up as well.


Zilchus offers a quick exultation as the golem dies, taking a moment to stomp on the skull in victory. He looks around to see that Nidhi is freed as well.

I did that, right? He looks at Nidhi waiting expectantly for the thanks she is sure to offer.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Good job. I'm just sorry that I wasn't any help," she sighs.

Zilchus smiles in return. "Thank you. It was a team effort, really. I felt very heroic during the fight so some reason. Now I feel like going to heroically get very drunk."

Cahal wrote:
"Don't want to be late."

Zilch bids her to go, waving her onward. "Don't wait for us. Your family and Wati need you."

Do we have time to bathe and clean up before the party? Not sure that Zilchus won't forgo the bathing in order to pre-party, but I'd like to know my options. ;)


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yes, yes, and yes again - can we get out of here, please?" Florence agrees, quite ready to be done with the amazingly dangerous library for the day. "And you're welcome," she replies to Zilchus, offering a weak but otherwise genuine smile, feeling a little bit better after his words about feeling heroic.

Maybe I can't destroy things with fire and lightning like Ben can, but maybe I'm not entirely useless, either. Wait...

Suddenly, Florence turns and looks around and around.

"Hey wait, where'd Ben go? I could hear him and Ptolemy just a minute ago," she asks, having failed to notice Ben's earlier disappearing act. "Ben? Ben!" Florence calls, trying to keep the worry from showing too much in her voice.

4,001 to 4,050 of 8,813 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.