GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,151 to 4,200 of 8,589 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>

Round 1, Init 21

1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20 Fort vs. Poison (hungover)

Despite his currently unhappy condition, Zilchus is able to shrug off the poison. He roars with hungover anger, charging the red assassin after seeking support from the Great Crocodile.

1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 3 + 2 - 2 = 30 to hit; (+DF,+charge,-hangover)
2d4 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 + 3 = 22 adamantine slashing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 79 vs. conceal, high is good

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 39/66
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 0/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 1/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

FortDC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I have a Starfinder game on the other side of town tonight. I won't be able to access Roll20 in an hour.

Fort DC18 or poisoned: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Agh!" One of Nidhi's hands reflexively touches the area where she was pierced. She looks badly injured.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Cavalier Lvl 5 Party Buffs: As long as Stelle's banner is clearly visible (it is) all allies within 60 feet receive a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear and a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (increases by +1 ever 5 lvls).


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus closes rapidly with is foe and deals nearly as much in return as he got. Benedictus DMPC (by request) fires a pair of scorching rays at red, stepping up a little to get a clearer shot…

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 6 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 20 - 4 = 33 (true strike) damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 1) = 10 Avoid blur (true strike)
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 18 damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 6) = 18 blur: 1d100 ⇒ 92 high is good for Ben

His first ray strikes the assassin full in the chest, but he manages to dodge out of the way of the second (very high touch AC, sorry).

The man on Zilchus pauses a moment while an associate slips out from between the buildings and flanks him! Falls for their trap did he. The assassin drops his crossbow and draws his rapier each swinging once.

red rapier at Zilchus: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (6, 1, 3, 4, 6) = 28
brown rapier at Zilchus: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31 damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (5, 1, 6, 3, 2) = 22

Meanwhile the green and blue assassins each quaff potions, and disappear! You’d guess some sort of invisibility potions or the like.

- Round 1-
Stelle - 13- (-12hp)
Florence - 10
Nidhi - 6 (-27hp, -2 dex, DC 18 fort poison save or dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1, 2/6r)
- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 21 (-49hp)
Benedictus - 18
Good Folks - 13
Red - 13 (-32hp)

Next up - Everyone! Nidhi, don’t forget to make another save against the poison effect.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 1, Init 13-

Status:

Hits: 64 [-12]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

BAB: 10/5 (-4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+PA damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Stella charges the Red one.

Charge!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 -PA, +2 Lance, +4 Charge/Annie, +Banner
for Damage: 3d6 + 12 + 18 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 12 + 18 = 43 +Lance, +PA
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 95 High Hits

Annie (Blind Fight):
Bite: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 31 -PA, +Banner, +Amulet
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 16+PA, +Amulet
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 63 High Hits

Confirm?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 15


Round 1, Init 21

Zilchus grunts angrily as he is pierced from behind, an unwelcome change from the full frontal barbs he gets from Nidhi. However, with Stelle's charge, Zilchus feels a renewed sense of vigor despite his bleedings.

He swings at orange with mighty grunts.

1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 4 - 2 + 4 = 33 to hit; (+DF,-hangover,+grunt)
2d4 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 + 4 = 21 adamantine slashing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 82 conceal, high is good

1d20 + 5 + 4 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 - 2 + 4 = 25 to hit; (+DF,-hangover,+grunt)
2d4 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 + 4 = 23 adamantine slashing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 73 conceal, high is good

Zilch steps into the corner, fearing another dagger in his back.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 17/66
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 6:

Fort DC18 against poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Ahhng!" Nidhi flinches when she moves to heal herself. It can't be my fate to die. Nidhi worriedly heals herself before attempting anything else.

Cure Moderate Wounds (self): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 = 15

Nidhi also moves closer to the fighting. See map.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Sorry for the delay, working tonight. Also GM, Flo's Initiative modifier is a +6 now due to Improved Initiative :)

Round 1, Initiative 10

"Wha-!? Oh biscuits!" Florence exclaims as the assassins seemingly arrive out of nowhere and begin laying into her companions. "Watch your eyes, everyone!" she cries as she races forward and conjures an explosive burst of glitter within the narrow alleyway.

Spells & Powers:

4th - Blessing of Fervor, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Prayer, Sleet Storm
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Healing Hex Uses:
Fortune Hex Uses:


________

Florence moves to her current position and casts Glitterdust to get Orange and Red; DC 17 Will save!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 2 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 18 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Ben grins when he sees Florence anticipating him by just a few seconds, using the same spell he was readying himself to cast.

Well, if this is not being on the same line, I don’t know what it is…

The scholar smiles to Florence, looking for a moment into her eyes, before starting to think fast to come up with another idea quickly.

Assuming that Florence’s spell has revealed the two previously invisible foes, Benedictus decides to cast ear-piercing scream (DC 17) on one of them.

Sonic damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 5) = 14

Target takes 18 points of sonic damage and is dazed for 1 round unless he does not succeed at a DC 17 Fortitude save, in which case it only takes 9 points of sonic damage and ignores the dazing effect.

Run while you can!” he cries out after casting the spell. “Or next time I will turn you to ash!

In the meantime, Ptolomy, following Ben’s mental command, flies a bit higher and tries to activate his wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 47 charges remaining if successful).

Ptolomy’s Use Magic Device check (DC 20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Magic missile force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 1) + 4 = 12

The færie dragon succeeds, and four arcane bolts of sheer magic force strike at the same assassin targeted by Ben.
_________________________

Status:
hp – 50/50
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 8th, concentration +14)
[smaller]4th (2+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (3)

3rd (3+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III (2)
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

Wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 47/50 charges remaining)


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Per discussion with the GM, going to amend my action a bit.

Round 1, Initiative 10 Do-Over

As she comes running around the corner, Florence's first thought of trying to forcibly reveal and blind their assailants is ruined when she sees that there's too much risk of her companions getting in the way. So she instead decides to bolster their efforts with a prayer to...well, basically anyone that's listening.
_______

Instead of casting Glitterdust, Flo will cast Prayer. Sorry to invalidate some of that last post, Ben :\

Also, off to bed and then I'll be busy for a bit this evening so just bot Flo as needed or have her delay or whatnot.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7

Stelle charges in and drops red in his tracks before Anne takes a bite out of orange (though no crit). Florence provides the gift of prayer to the party. Nidhi heals herself and shifts around a little. Zilchus powerfully hammers the assassin, but does not quite drop him. Benedictus brings down orange, killing him outright (magic missiles were not needed).

Meanwhile the remaining pair of miscreants appears out of invisibility with blades stabbing at Benedictus and Nidhi.

blue rapier at Ben: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (4, 3, 1, 6, 5) = 28
green rapier at Nidhi: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (1, 6, 4, 5, 5) = 28
green crib threat rapier at Nidhi: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Nidhi drops wetly to the pavement, the poison still coursing through her system as she lies bleeding.

- Round 2 -
Stelle - 13- (-12hp)
Florence - 10
Nidhi - 6 (-45hp, bleeding, -3 dex, DC 18 fort poison save or dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2, 3/6r)
- Round 3 -
Zilchus - 21 (-49hp)
Benedictus - 18 (-28hp)
Good Folks - 13
Red - 13 (-66hp, bleeding)
Orange - 13 (dead)

Next up - Everyone! Nidhi, don’t forget to make another save against the poison effect.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 6:

A look of extreme pain crosses Nidhi's face before her eyes go dull and she collapses to the ground. Her last words are "Zilchus, hel-" She loses consciousness before she can finish. Nidhi's eyelids are half-open, showing that her eyes have rolled to the back of her head.

Fort Poison DC18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Stabilize (+Con): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Nidhi's soul begins to detach from her mortal form, slowly rising towards the heavens. ...or does the mask prevent her Ka from transcending?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi has a few rounds yet before she finds out (-con before you die, or -10 in your case). For now the poison has stopped, but she is lying on the flagstones, bleeding, with a triumphant looking man standing over her. He looks as if he wants to say something, but no noise leaves his lips.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

OMG, IT'S THE GUY FROM EARLIER! XD

Drama intensifies


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 2, Init 13-

Status:

Hits: 64 [-12]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

BAB: 10/5 (-4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

"How dare you, beating up a Bard! Does that make you feel manly?!"
Stelle maneuvers Annie to charge green. The two figures move as one.

Charge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 -PA, +1 Shield, +4 Charge/Annie, +Banner, +Prayer
for Damage: 2d3 + 2 + 4 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 4 + 12 + 1 = 24 +Shield, +PA, +Prayer
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 100 High Hits

Annie (Improved Overrun):
Overrun: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 27 +Amulet, +Banner, Improved Overrun, +Prayer
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 41 High Hits


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Round 3, Init 21

Seeing a lot of blood (some of which is his own), Zilchus heals the party (getting blue but not green, nor Stellannie), then moves closer to help Nidhi.

5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 6, 1) = 16 Power of the Crocodile compels you! healing

"Nidhi, don't die!" I may want to be the one to end you.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 33/66
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 2/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 3 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 18 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Ben takes the hit and grins in response, furious. “How do you dare!?” The rage is clear from the smirk on his face, as the scholar puts his hand to his belly in order to stop the bleeding redding his tunic.

I warned you!

Ben’s voice booms in the street for a few seconds, before the scholar takes a step back and starts gesturing in a strange and complicated way as he speaks arcane words of power in Draconic.

All of a sudden, Benedictus becomes invisible thanks to his invisibility spell.

In the meantime, Ptolomy, following Ben’s mental command, tries to activate his wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 47 charges remaining if successful).

Ptolomy’s Use Magic Device check (DC 20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Magic missile force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 4) + 4 = 19

The færie dragon succeeds, and four arcane bolts of sheer magic force strike at the blue assassin.
_________________________

Status:
hp – 38/50
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 8th, concentration +14)
[smaller]4th (2+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (3)

3rd (3+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III (2)
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

Wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 47/50 charges remaining)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle charges through green wounding him as she goes though he doesn’t fall. Florence DMPC attacks green with her long spear and then 5’ steps next to Nidhi. Nidhi avoids the poison, but bleeds a little. Zilchus heals some of the party, but also some of the assassins (blue and red). Benedictus flees the fight, turning invisible, though Ptolomy, still visible, rides his shoulder betraying his position as magic missiles spray into blue.

longspear on green: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7 (miss!)

Red gets on his feet and picks up his rapier, stepping away from the steadying wall shakily. Blue and Green step into position and attack Florence with flank! (Unless she withdrew from the combat, there was no place she could go to avoid this.)
blue rapier at Florence: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (6, 6, 2, 3, 5) - 1 = 28
green rapier at Florence: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32 damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (4, 4, 5, 5, 1) - 1 = 27
green crit threat rapier at Florence: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Florence drops to the flagstones, bleeding badly from two towering wounds. Only her Prayer has saved her from death (and a high constitution!). (Also, I would not have killed her after a DMPC. I'm not that mean.)

- Round 3 -
Stelle - 13- (-12hp)
Florence - 10 (-64hp, bleeding)
Nidhi - 6 (-30hp, -3 dex)
- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 21 (-33hp)
Benedictus - 18 (-12hp)
Good Folks - 13
Red - 13 (-50hp)
Green - 13 (-24hp)
Blue - 13 (-19hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 3, Init 13-

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [-12]
Annie: Hits: 52 [ 0]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

BAB: 10/5 (-4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Atop Anubis Stelle charges green again.

Charge!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 -PA, +2 Lance, +4 Charge/Annie, +Banner
for Damage: 2d3 + 6 + 6 + 18 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 + 6 + 18 = 34 +Lance, +PA
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 81 High Hits

"Zilch! Look toward the west!" she shouts.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Ooops! I missed that Ptolomy flew higher, so he was presumably not on Benedictus' shoulder - my bad. Ben, please note on the map (in the 'name' field), how high up he is when he's flying. Thanks!)


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 4 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 18 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

As specified in Round 2, Ptolomy is not on Ben’s shoulder, but flying high. I didn’t specify how much high, so I’m going to do it now. He’s 30 feet above ground.

Seeing Florence going down is too much for Ben to tolerate. With rage, the scholar fires two scorching rays at the blue assassin!

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 9

1st ray: ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1st ray fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 4) = 17

2nd ray: ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
2nd ray fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1, 1) = 9

In the meantime, Ptolomy, keeps using the wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 46 charges remaining if successful).

Ptolomy’s Use Magic Device check (DC 20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Magic missile force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 2) + 4 = 12
_________________________

Status:
hp – 50/50
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 8th, concentration +14)
[smaller]4th (2+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (3)

3rd (3+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III (2)
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

Wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 46/50 charges remaining)


Round 4, Init 21

Zilchus steps towards red, letting him never make the mistake of rising in combat again.

"Yeah, I see him, Halfling!"

1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 4 - 2 + 4 = 37 to hit; (+DF,-hangover,+grunt)
2d4 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 + 4 = 19 adamantine slashing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 40 conceal, high is good

Pot crit:
1d20 + 5 + 4 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 - 2 + 4 = 25 to hit; (+DF,-hangover,+grunt)
2d4 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 12 + 4 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 33/66
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 2/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 2/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

ray 1 vs blur: 1d100 ⇒ 97 (high is good for Ben)
ray 2 vs blur: 1d100 ⇒ 64 (high is good for Ben)

Nidhi still to go - and green is still standing over her on her initiative.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

As the two assassins move to surround her Florence has just enough time to think, 'Oh, this will hurt' before she feels the sting of their weapons and darkness overtakes her as she drops to the ground...

Stabilize (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 - 11 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 11 = -8

...and continues to bleed into the dirt, the puddle of blood growing ever larger.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Initiative 6:

Nidhi lifts her head to see what's going on. She feels sick to her stomach and is confused by her surroundings. I was attacked... from behind?

"You," Nidhi takes in the sight of the green assassin standing triumphantly over her. Nidhi narrows her eyes, her sight shooting through the holes in her mask. Nidhi casts Eyebite on the green assassin.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Actually, can Nidhi cast Terrible Remorse instead? "After we allowed you to live!" Nidhi isn't trying to stand up (unless she needs to.)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, I see you've linked to a third party source of the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh for it's abilities and such. However, that site is risky and should probably not be used for this campaign.

For one thing, I changed the Mask, for another, it's not an authoritative source and may be error prone (or use other rules). In this case it's the latter - the mask never had Eyebite as a power - at least not in the AP text I have. Here's a link to the current powers of the mask for reference.

So we'll go with Terrible Remorse. You can totally cast while prone, however, as I have an opponent standing next to you, you need to either cast defensively, or risk attack. I'll assume the former so you're not hit.

Concentration: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 vs DC 21

But unfortunately, the spell is spent, but it doesn't work...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle charges by, slamming green as she goes, though he does not drop. Florence bleeds a little, hovering ever closer to death! Nidhi tries remorse, but she can’t quite get the spell off. Zilchus steps up on red and ends his life prematurely. Benedictus becomes visible as a pair of flaming rays scorch blue even as a few magic missiles pummel his form.

Blue and green each draw and quaff potions - whereupon they again disappear!

- Round 4 -
Stelle - 13- (-12hp)
Florence - 10 (-65hp, bleeding)
Nidhi - 6 (-30hp, -3 dex)
- Round 5 -
Zilchus - 21 (-33hp)
Benedictus - 18 (-12hp)
Good Folks - 13
Red - 13 (dead)
Orange - 13 (dead)
Green - 13 (-62hp)
Blue - 13 (-57hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Zilchus grunts as they disappear, just as the fight was getting good.

Waiting to see what others do before posting an action.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Oooh, so are all spells concentration spells if prone? Even on yourself?

Are we still on combat? Lol


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, we're still in combat. You needed to make a concentration check due to there being a bad guy adjacent to you. Being prone doesn't effect spell casting. :)


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"Someone, help Florence!" Stelle yells as the assassins disappear.

She urges Annie forward towards where green was last seen. "Annie! Find invisble!"

If Annie indicates, Stelle with bash with the shield.

Shield+1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12 -PA,+Prayer
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 13 +PA, +Prayer

Miss?50%: 1d100 ⇒ 32 High Hits


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Though Stelle misses, Annie does correctly identify the location of one of the assassins. I've put him back on the map, and noted him as invisible.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 4, Initiative 6:

Nidhi (very bravely) attempts to heal the dying Florence instead of her badly injured self.

Concentration: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Is that right?

Cure Moderate Wounds (Florence): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 = 16

Oh wait... I think Nidhi can Bardic Performance as a Move Action (via level 7.) Will she provoke by singing?

At 7th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a move action instead of a standard action. At 13th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a swift action.

As long as she doesn't provoke, Nidhi will begin to sing about a legendary blind monk who was great at poker because he could never see his hand. She inspires her companions, granting a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 5 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 18 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Someone help her! Someone help Florence!” desperately calls out Ben.

As soon as he sees the enemies turning invisible once again thanks to their potions, Ben realizes that as the moment to cast the same spell he wanted to cast before.

Ben casts glitterdust (DC 19)

As soon as the enemies are revealed, Ptolomy tries to use the wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 45 charges remaining if successful) again.

Ptolomy’s Use Magic Device check (DC 20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
_________________________

Status:
hp – 50/50
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 8th, concentration +14)
[smaller]4th (2+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (3)

3rd (3+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III (2)
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

Wand of magic missile (CL 7th, 46/50 charges remaining)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 vs DC 19

One of the assassins, the one identified by Annie, is no longer invisible. The other assassin still eludes you for now...


Round 5, Init 21

Zilchus steps towards blue, swinging angrily.

1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 28 to hit; (+DF,-hangover,+bard)
2d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 12 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 16 conceal, high is good

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 33/66
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler) +2 with mag circle

DF: 5/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 2/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 1/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle, guided by Annie, locates one of the invisible assassins, but misses with a shield bash. Florence can no longer stabilize on her own, and bleeds further. Nidhi concentrates and, casting defensively, heals Florence keeping her from deaths door. Benedictus produces a burst of glitter, outlining one of the assassins while Ptolomy shakes his wand unsuccessfully. Zilchus delays, and swings on the now visible foe - but the blur is still in effect and he escapes his death.

No blow is struck by the remaining assassins, and we are out of combat as they slink away into the twisted thoroughfares of the city. If she wishes, Stelle may run down the remaining visible foe killing him. The other is out there somewhere, but you don’t expect him back any time soon. You have some time as well before the guard is likely to show, the battle only lasting a moment.

- Round 5 -
Stelle - 13- (-12hp)
Florence - 10 (-50hp, bleeding)
Nidhi - 6 (-30hp, -3 dex)
- Round 6 -
Zilchus - 21 (-33hp)
Benedictus - 18 (-12hp)
Good Folks - 13
Red - 13 (dead)
Orange - 13 (dead)
Green - 13 (-62hp, invisible)
Blue - 13 (-57hp)

We are out of initiative.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle thonks the remaining fleeing blue assassin with her Lance, slides off of Annie and bids him to help her drag the body back to the others.

She then reaches into her haversack and produces a Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges).

"Does anyone know how to use this?" she asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus will give the people what they want...which is another jolt of the power of the Crocodile...

"AH YEAH!" Zilchus exults, holding his crocodile amulet in his bloody right hand, pulsing positive energy to the bloody and dying and wishing-they-were-as-cool-as-Zilchus.

5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 1, 4) = 13 healing

"Ah...we're going to need more than that...one more because the Crocodile rewards those who bleed in battle!" Zilchus beats his chest with his amulet, releasing another pulse.

5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 6, 3) = 14 healing

Zilchus looks over his own wounds, then accepts Stelle's wand for use on others.

"Stelle, that was some nice fighting back there. You're one heck of a research assistant and I've never seen a research aid animal like Annie fight so well. Nice work."

Roll your own healing.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi stands, leaning against the nearby building. "He escaped again, the coward!" Nidhi's entire body shakes. "Thanks for not letting them kill me, guys. Last time there was only one." Nidhi casts Cure Light Wounds on herself. She refuses the wand on account of how badly her hands are shaking. (She doesn't want anyone to notice her fear.)

Bluff (Act Normal): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Cure Light Wounds (self): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Cure Light Wounds (self): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Cure Light Wounds (self): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Cure Light Wounds (self): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"So now you know what Cahal and I faced when we split up." Nidhi touches her mask before crossing her arms over her chest. She tightens her muscles, trying to control her shivering.

Spells Used:
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds x4
Level 2: Cure Moderate Wounds x1
Level 3: Terrible Remorse x1

"Let's get on the ferry before guards arrive. Last time they didn't do anything except waste our time. I'm pretty sure some noble with deep pockets sent them." Nidhi walks close to the tankier members of the party, nearly rubbing elbows, as the party makes their way to the ferry.

On the boat, Nidhi asks Florence to look at her wounds. "Am I still poisoned, Flo? I don't feel as... light on my feet." Nidhi frowns, "or maybe I'm getting fat?" Nidhi tilts her head, "I bet it's from all that boring research we've been doing in the library." Nidhi looks down at herself, wondering if it's the poison or if she's getting chunky:

Wisdom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Nidhi pinches at skin, "oh, no! Florence! I'm the size of the beluga whale!" (Nidhi looks the same as ever. Not fat, although she does have wide hips and thick thighs.) "How could I have not noticed! No wonder why I'm fatigued!" Nidhi plops down (ungracefully) onto a bench.

In less than a minute, Nidhi stands up, looking cheerful again: "ahh, there's nothing like a trip over the water!" She turns and looks for Ben, is he tossing his cookies again?
"Hey! Stelle! Do you like the water? Can your valiant companion swim?" Nidhi scratches behind Alice's ears and an easy smile crosses her lips.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence's eyes flutter open thanks to Nidhi's healing, just in time to see Stelle run down the last of the assassins - that she knows of anyway - and put an end to him. She groans, rolling onto her side and coughing up some of the blood that had seeped into her now-mended lungs. It takes a few moments but she manages to get to her feet as Zilchus sends healing pulses washing over the group.

"Th-thanks..." she stammers, still a bit light-headed from the rapid blood loss she'd suffered. "Wh-who are these people? I'd thought that Nidhi and Cahal were exaggerating about earlier but not anymore! They're out for b-blood..."

Once Nidhi is done with the healing wand, Florence uses it to mend her remaining wounds as well.

CLW (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Thanks Stelle," she remarks as she passes the wand back to its owner. "For once I agree with Nidhi - let's search them and get out of here. The faster we're away from here, the better I'll feel," Florence continues, still shaking slightly.
________

Later, once they're finally underway to Wati (or have a quiet moment), Florence does turn to Nidhi with some concern when her loquacious companion expresses that she feels...off...after their encounter with the assassins.

"I don't know Nidhi, but we'll find out," Florence says as she sets about looking into Nidhi's ears, eyes, and mouth, checking her temperature, testing her reflexes...the whole thing, sans any inspections that'd require Nidhi to undress.

Heal (Nidhi): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Zilchus looks pleased with himself as he and Stelle protected the team (somewhat) and no one died (just almost died, which is still somewhat alive). But then he gets very angry.

"AH PIDDLESPOT!" Zilchus runs over to check each of the assassins, lifting up red's head, then letting it plop back to the ground, the doing the same for orange. "DAMMIT! IS ONE OF THEM STILL ALIVE? WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT ONE ALIVE FOR QUESTIONING!" Zilchus runs after Stelle to see if the one she chased is dead-dead or just somewhat dead.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Phew!"

Ben sighs as he wipes some sweat from his forehead. "Those guys were not kidding, hm?"

Although worried for Florence, Ben relaxes as soon as he sees her back on her feet again. "They'll be back. We should hurry and take that last ferry to Wati...I need some time to think this off..."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Just one charge used from the wand.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle hunts down and kills the penultimate assassin and returns dragging the body through the gutter. Zilchus heals the worst of the injuries and folks do what they can to top up with spell and wand. Nidhi does indeed seem… off. More clumsy, less capable. Certainly in need of further healing. Florence feels a lesser restoration or two will pick her up nicely.

Zilchus checks the corpses for breathing, and finds none. They lie still, unmoving on the flagstones as blood forms pools and streams in the flagstones. Searching the bodies, you find a variety of mundane equipment, empty potion flasks, and poison of some kind (none of you has poison use, so if you handle the poison, there’s a 5% chance of dosing yourself accidentally).

You also find three potions of cure serious wounds, three Heavy repeating crossbows +1, three MW rapiers, four potions of Vanish (cast at third level), and 345gp in loose change.

Gathering the portable loot the party makes tracks for the docks to avoid the law and their inevitable questions and waste of time. It is a half day before the next ferry, but you’re able to book passage on a river-barge headed to Wati. It’s a little slower then the ferry, but you still reach the shores of the ‘Hafl-Dead City’ by mid afternoon.

Where do you go from here?


Zilchus doesn't take his time, nor rush through his search of the bodies, but just a reasonably quick job of it. He claims all loot he can stuff into his backpack for later distribution then makes his way to follow the party.

He occasionally argues and cusses at himself, wishing he had remembered to capture of the assassins alive. He didn't and should have.

If Cahal were here, she would have remembered.

* * *

Aboard the boat, Zilchus finds that the fight and his anger has largely burned off his hangover...so it's just the motion of the boat that is making him queasy. He's better than he was this morning and now he feels that his currently ickiness is nothing a few drinks tonight won't fix.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Wh-who are these people? I'd thought that Nidhi and Cahal were exaggerating about earlier but not anymore! They're out for b-blood..."

Zilchus smiles at his escape from death and assassins, feeling his back for the holes they put in him.

"Yeah, they weren't messing around, were they? It's weird, sometimes you'll get hit full on by a sword you just can't stop and that'll hurt, right? But the ones that *really* sting are the ones that you don't see coming. Those are the ones that get me. I'm still hurting from those. You okay, Florence? Seemed like they got you good there for a while."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um...I'm fine, I guess...not the first time I've seen my life flash before my eyes," Florence responds with a halfhearted shrug. "But after that you can bet that I'll be taking more precautions with my magics."

"And Nidhi'll be okay too, but the poison's damage isn't something I can fix," Florence continues with a sigh. "A priest should be able to do it for a modest fee."


Florence Corvina wrote:
"A priest should be able to do it for a modest fee."

Zilchus looks hurt...as if he didn't just double priest his divine spark twice (like a saint!) to save some lives. But if Nidhi needs to find another priest to fix herself and not ask Zilchus...no, nothing hurtful about that.

Yeah, fine. You go pay your priest.

Keeps goes to check his sword, frowning at something and trying not to comment.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Zilchus wrote:
"Nice work."

"Why thank you, Zilchus." Stelle says with a courtesy. "You did well yourself."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"When did those guys start harassing you all?"

She listens to Zilchus argue and curse himself for not leaving any assassins alive. "Don't be so hard on yourself, Zilchus. Leaving any of the assassins alive didn't seem to be all that advantageous to us at the time. Or is it likely to be anytime, given the nature of assassins."

The boat
~~~

Nidhi wrote:
""Hey! Stelle! Do you like the water? Can your valiant companion swim?"

"Ooh, yes -- Annie can swim if he has to a little. That is, he's not great at it at all, but can manage in easy water if he has to."

Florence wrote:
"[...] the poison's damage isn't something I can fix,"

Stelle looks from Florence to Nidhi to the ever brooding Zilchus. "Hey, Zilchus, didn't I see you with a Crocodile Amulet? Were you using that to heal people? Can the crocodile cure poison too?"

4,151 to 4,200 of 8,589 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.