Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


8,601 to 8,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | next > last >>

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"If reason you know not, you still know death. " Kalim casts Phantasmal Killer. DC 21 will and Fort.


Evil GM

Updated RD Map

*Kalim I'm holding off on the Fort save until the people ahead of you get some time to post.


Evil GM

RD 13

shaken/panic condition: 10/12

RD 13

Des
Grung - 8 HP damage
OOZE -
Feli - panicked
Karnog - bulls str./ kitty did 27 HP
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond groans at the ooze. No weak point, this is going to be ugly. He hacks at the edges of it.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

Before Kalim has a chance to utter his spell the rogue's blades flash and hack the cube to pieces. It is dead.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"A shame. To study a sentient ooze ...far better to survive though.".


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Oh dang. I thought they had like, uber massive DR or something.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 13, AC from POF, Barkskin, Smite and Barkskin (31), Resistance to Fire 20, Smite Evil, Potion of Bulls Strength (+2 to Hit and Dam), Power Att

Malcolm slides forward to S18 and smites the hand.

BS Att: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 36
BS Dam: 1d10 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 = 30

BS Confirm Att: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 23
BS Add'l Dam: 1d10 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 = 32


Evil GM

Meathead and Felicitas eventually calm their nerves

Piled about the cave are 7,000 gp, 800 pp, various gems and trinkets worth 12,000 gp, a +1 grounding greataxe, +2 warhammer, +2 morning star, +1 frost short sword, tome of understanding +2, tome of enhanced charisma +2, book of greater intelligence +2, and a wand of haste (CL 5th, 8 charges).


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Are there any recognizable hydra bits? I'd rather not have to explain this to idiot goblins. Meath'd, are you ok? You were controlled by evil magics."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

DO WANT


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

OH... the 2 books sound awesome!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Upgraded hammer & +2 Wis??? Oohhhhh....


Evil GM

Yeah I mixed up some of the treasure to fit the party better and I threw the books is for those of you who could read.

yeah there is plenty of chucks to make out hydra.

That was bytch for you Felicitas failing that save, basically watching for a few days.


Meath'd grunts a bit and looks down ant the large puddle of liquid by his feet, he sheepishly wanders away form it and takes a look in the treasure cavern. He finds a few pieces of larger chucks of hydra and scoops them up before he plops down on the ground to start eating. His sharp teeth sink in the charred meat. He smiles as Kalim comes up to see him, juicy dripping form his chin. "Tasti like chickun."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I think Grung should get the CHA books as he works toward those sorcerer levels

Hmm Never fought goo before.

Grung kicks a puddle of it.


Evil GM

You all have plenty of time to sort through things and look around the two caves. You don't find any exits but see some fissures. Once feeling of overwhelming fear and doom has now subsided within the caves. You figure that the pyrohydra was just able to squeeze its frame through those double doors between caves. Other than that there doesn't seem like there is much left in these room to explore and Karnog will eventually be able to get the door that you entered in opened again. He figures the creature must have stone shaped that opening while you were fighting the hydra.


After consuming ample quantities of roasted pyrohydra Meath'd will go about gathering more chucks for his future meals, plus a few distinguishable parts for Kalim. "If gobos don't eat, me eat these parts...ok?" He hands over several very large fangs from the 12 heads, after he has sucked the bone marrow out of the them. Occasionally, using his thick tongue or one of his stubbing fingers to dig out the tasty treat.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Finally free of the fear effect Elektra whistles with a smirking Dragon on her shoulder."That was quite a challenge. An ooze able to cast spells... unusual.. very anusual! You know, this means we have maybe just made an the blacklist of some angry god!"
Well I knew something like this was about to happen. Tooo many good rolls for skillchecks lately, Payback is a b. But that does not matter. I was traveling with my wive, so it was actually for the best.


Evil GM

Normally reading tomes take a week of study how do you all want to handle this. i can make this time shorter to move the game along. For that matter you all can stay in this two cavern complex for a couple days and rest up and study. It's not like the goblins are coming in to search for the foolish adventurers.

What is you next course of action?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Did we search the entire room? We could stay here for free, as opposed to town.


Evil GM

yes...i've given you all the loot and there are no other ways in or out. some fissures/cracks but nothing to explore


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I don't see a particular compelling reason not to stay for the week. Food & water is a non issue, and having a safe place to rest and recuperate is hardly a bad thing."


Evil GM

I'll even cut the study time down to three days to sort of expedite it, at that I'll make two random monster checks to see if any of the hobgoblin or goblin guard is brave enough to enter or if they sent any other foolish adventurers in.

EDIT: The only other thing would be if you want tackle the goblin lookout post and try to get out of the dungeon itself and back to Fentonville and/or your orc tribe, so you could resupply/equip.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Can't speak for everyone but that works for me.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

yep


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Ditto


Evil GM

Three days to rest. Potential group trying to get into the cavern on are you doing anything to the doorway?

Day 1: No attempts

Day 2: 20% group: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Day 3: 30% group: 1d100 ⇒ 86

The next three days go by without anyone trying to get into the cavern, it is as if they forgot about you. Grung and those not studying would have had time to inventory the coin and treasure.

What are you plans when you emerge? what is the order out fo the cave?


Evil GM

What are you plans/intentions when you emerge from the Hydra cavern?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

go back and get our reward, then kill the priest.

Grung strolls out as the first in line, behind his shield.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog takes his usual spot near the middle, shield readied but hammer sheathed for now.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm is ready to end this evil priest, but he keeps his thoughts to himself as he files in with the others.


Ready to rolling!


The party opens the door and proceeds to file out of the room, Felicitas standing near the front of the line to ease the diplomatic tension. The hobgolbins and goblins scramble at the sound fo the door opening, quite unsure of what emerging, they breathe a sigh of relief to see the party that went in four days earlier emerge. there eyes focusing on the the large ogre who is dragging part of head and tail of the pyrohydra. At this sight a few of the hobgoblins actually smile and clap.

Map


Purbok and his captains have you escorted back into the the small side chamber, "Took you long 'nuf. Another group was about to enter." he seems somewhat pleased that the task was completed. "Orcus pleased with these events." You do did see his band of patriots lining the pillar hallway and the within the staging cavern. (15 foot soldiers, 10, sergeants/elite, 5 lieutenants, 2 captains, and Purbok who you figure is a fighter/priest) There is also an underpriest there to receive you as a representative of Tribitz.

"Our esteem leader, Lord Tribitz, is pleased with your work."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog remains quiet and waits for Felicitas or one of the better public speakers to take point in their conversatuon.

He does motion for Meathead to step forward and present the hydra pieces he's carrying (and/or eating).


Meath'd does as directed by Karnog. He tenderly looks at the choice tail and head his mouth watering slightly before he plops them down in front of the hobgolbins. Breaking the diplomatic quiet he offers, "Tasti but gassi." As his flatulence persists.


Evil GM

is anyone doing or saying or asking anything?


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"We are pleased to hear it. How does that being pleased translate? Does he grant us an audience?"


"An audience is that what you think your actions garner? An audience with Lord Tribitz? Yes, yes...he would like such a meeting."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"And gold."


Evil GM

I didn't have any notes on the agreed price to kill the Hydra, so I went back and looked a the thread. You all never asked for anything.

discussion with goblins

discussion continued


Evil GM

Is anyone else going to interact/converse with the hobgolbins/goblins?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

not Grung. He interacts w croaker


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Well we killed the hydra, and I think it is not unfair to demand a reward. And before you answer, just think for a moment. Those guys went in, and came out, all still alive, no one really injured. Are those people you do want as a friend?"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"The hydra was the least of your worries in there. If we only dispatched it, we would have been here sooner but it would still claim the life of any of your men that came."


Evil GM

You are eventually lead back out to the docks where you first crossed over to this side of the city. "You wait...we see if the almighty Tribitz wants to meet you." The cleric steps away while Purdol leads you to the docks. While at the docks you wait and wait and wait...all day and into the night...six long hours. Two shifts of guards rotate out during your wait.

You do notice a couple potential scape routes if the meeting goes south on you. YOu have the water and one boat there, you have the stepping stones that you used to cross over initially, then there are three separate tunnels to east (marked 22 and 23 on the map.) The guards for the most part simply watch the area, they don't engage you, but they are also not unfriendly from what you can determine. You do note there are some guards higher than you right now in ledges. (this was described when you first arrived on this side of the docks).

Updated Map

Are you going to do anything while you wait?


Meath'd uses his time to to eat his last stirge and some hydra jerky. He seems to be debating in his head if he should open his last jar of pickled beetles, a bit of drool runs down his chin, as his stomach rumbles loudly. With much will power he decides not to have that treat but instead pulls out his rubber ball and jax, which he starts to play.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung fills his mug, polished his shield and croaker then sits down and plays jacks to fill te time


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim will have cast Tongues, just in case, before leaving the cave.

8,601 to 8,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.