Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


8,551 to 8,600 of 16,207 << first < prev | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond follows Kalim.


Evil GM

With Desmond walking off to follow the sorcerer the sound of stone work scrapping the floor can be heard from near where you were standing. A stone wall (stone shape) appears directly behind Malcolm: separating the group into two.

Meathead, Felicitas, and aurora see the solid stone wall encasing the others but what is more troubling is the creature has now ended it's invisibility revealing its true form: a Sorcerer gelatinous cube!

Updated RD 9 Map


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Oh man I thought that was too crazy to guess! That's amazing!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

nice knowing you guys :(


Evil GM

Now...now nobody has died yet and it's only toyed with the mice, so far. Karnog can shape stone also...so all is not lost. Although you may hope it fills up on Felicitas and Meath'd first.

Malcolm is up.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm turns and attempts to move the wall.

Str: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Help me get to the others!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung looks to Karnog

Dwarven:
Can you move it brother?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"You bet I can!"

Karnog runs as fast (60') as he towards the stone wall.


Evil GM

The stone doesn't budge as malcolm put his back into it.

shaken/panic condition: 7/12

RD 10

Des -
Grung - (shaken)
Pyrohydra/foe -
Feli - panicked
Karnog -
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim -

RD 10


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Oh crap, Feli! Desmond runs to the wall, waiting for some chance to go through it.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung moves towards the wall 60 feet as well


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

See above. Run to wall.


Evil GM

Desmond and the dwarves run to the stone wall that Malcolm is pushing on.

shaken/panic condition: 7/12

RD 10

Des - run and kick wall
Grung - (shaken) run to wall
Pyrohydra/foe - cast spell
Feli - panicked
Karnog - run to wall
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim -

Updated Map RD 10

Felic, aurora, and Meath'd:

You see this jelly oozy substance that has bites and bites of bone and gear inside it. It wobbles a bit, and you can swear it is cackling at you. Then a spectral hand appears out of thin air.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Thanks I feel much better now. Wich way to run please?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

RD 11: Karnog casts stone shape and forms a passage through the stone wall.

Manipulates up to 19 cu ic feet of stone, so not exactly sure how much of an opening. Should be enough to do a 10' opening so long as the walls less than 12" thick

"Go! Kill that thing!


Evil GM
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:
Thanks I feel much better now. Wich way to run please?

I didn't want you feeling left out of fun. Meath'd looks like big cover. :-)


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

When the stone wall forms, Kalim twists in shock. "Meathead!" He doubles back, casting Tongues again. If it casts spells, it knows language. If it knows language ...


Evil GM

Kalim's priorities echo in the air "Meathead..." There is no mention of bard.

Malcolm is up but the wall is still there as Karnog doesn't cast the spell till the next round. Take your action if you want.

shaken/panic condition: 8/12

RD 11

Des -
Grung - (shaken) run to wall
Pyrohydra/foe - cast spell
Feli - panicked
Karnog - cast stone shape
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim -

Felicitas only:

the ooze casts another spell this time web which covers where the stone wall is located. It anchors on the walls, ceiling, floor and stalagmites. A respite of relief knowing you haven't been targeted yet.

I'll update the map after Karnog's action in the round.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

GM:
Oozes can´t cast spells, I think. But Feli is deep in the grips of fear.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

If the stone shape happens before Kalim's turn, which I think it does?

Kalim begins uttering in a strange language that all understand equally. "ABERRATION! HEAR ME NOW BEFORE YOU MAKE A FATAL ERROR. YOU WILL PERISH TODAY IF YOU DO NOT IMMEDIATELY SURRENDER. BUT OUR GOALS NEED NOT CLASH!"

intimidate: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34


Evil GM

Feli:

Some variants do...Sorcerer Ooze.

Also called the brain cube, this is perhaps the strangest variant ever reported. Presumably some mad mage or ooze-cultist,or in your case a upset deity, found a way to transfer humanoid intelligence into the cube’s body as a way of achieving immortality without resorting to undeath, but at the cost of the humanoid’s sanity. Still able to cast spells (using Silent Spell and Still Spell), a typical sorcerer ooze has Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, and Charisma 18, with the spellcasting ability of a 10th-level sorcerer. Some know the ventriloquism spell, allowing them to communicate with others (though their madness means they eventually attack anyway), but most didn’t plan ahead enough and have been locked inside a gelatinous prison, able only to eat and cast spells, never interacting with intelligent creatures in any meaningful way.


Evil GM

Kalim and others, I'll need a perception check 15 to notice the Gelatinous Cube, Sorcerer.

Kalim I'm not sure intimidate will work here since that skill relies on both sight and sound. Oozes are blind but it does have blindsight.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

perc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Evil GM

Kalim steps up twirling his spear and shouting words of warning but he is unable to actually perceive where the thing is located.

See my edit above Kalim.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Nice


Evil GM

Inspiration for the party


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 Perception


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

If any of the others on his side of the wall are shaken, Malcolm removes it, and then continues to beat on the wall. He then draws his sword from his scabbard activating Scabbard of Vigor (+2 for 5 Rounds)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Evil GM

Malcolm spend the 11th Rd removing grung's shaken condition.


Evil GM

shaken/panic condition: 9/12

RD 12

Des -
Grung -
Pyrohydra/foe -
Feli - panicked
Karnog -
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim -

Karnog has created an opening through the wall. So Grung, Malcolm, and Kalim do not see the ooze. Desmond hasn't rolled his perception check.

There is think stringy web blocking the opening on the wall, where the door was located. Further delaying the group.

RD 12 Map


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"You only delay the inevitable!"RTA to hit the web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19scorching ray damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 4) = 14rta for second ray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11second damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) = 8

Kalim attempts to burn through the webs.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

What roll is it to get through the web?


Evil GM

Escape artist or reflex save as standard action versus the spell DC.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Bah, just burn it.

Grung smashes an alchemist fire in the webs


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond pauses for a moment then jumps and twists through the web.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog begins to summon using Summon Monster V.


Evil GM

RD 12 Update:

shaken/panic condition: 9/12

RD 12

Des - Des slips through the webs just as Grung throws an alchy fire at them burning a 5 ft section free.

Grung - tosses a alchy fire
Pyrohydra/foe -
Feli - panicked
Karnog - sumons monster
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim - burns the remaining webs away.

OOZE:

The spectral hand moves to touch Feli with shocking grasp (I assume aurora is hiding up near the ceiling)

att, TA, metal on feli: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 3 = 20;damage: 5d5 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 1, 4) = 13

Malcolm has a RD 12 action remaining. Make a perception check to locate the ooze.


Evil GM

RD 13

shaken/panic condition: 10/12

RD 13

Des
Grung -
OOZE -
Feli - panicked
Karnog -
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim

Remember Grung, Malcolm and Kalim still haven't seen the ooze you need to roll a DC 15 perception to see it. Although you do see the spectral hand touch Felic.

I'll update the map when I get home.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

A Celestial Dire Lion appears to the south of the cube and attacks the critter.

ResistAcid, Cold, Electricty; DR 5/evil; Smite +0/+8 1/day

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 perception; including scent & low-light

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 Smite + bite; 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 damage, claw 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27; 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
claw 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29; 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog casts bull's strength on himself.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

An ooze. I'm basically useless, damn.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 percep

is there a path through the web?


Evil GM

Yes there is path through the webs between Grung and Kalim's fire.


Evil GM

The smite evil doesn't seem to effect this ooze as it's not evil.

karnog did you add damage to the based on smite? If so, is that 8 HP per attack?

AC 4 to hit.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Yeah, oops. Should be 27 damage total then.


Evil GM

It can be confusing because the entire cavern radiates a strong evil but this particular creature is true N.


Evil GM

chunks of the gelatinous cube fling away providing everyone with the location of the creature now, as the lion slices through the sorcerer beast.

Grung since the lion appeared and attacked last round, you'd actually see the ooze now and can attack it.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

grung moves into te cavern and launches his ax

+2 Returning Throwing Ax: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Evil GM

More oozy substance splatters when the axe hits the creature.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Waiting on a map.

8,551 to 8,600 of 16,207 << first < prev | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.