Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


8,701 to 8,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | next > last >>

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"They tasked us with your deaths and the return of one, alive. That was our "ticket" to an audience with Tribitz. Who knows if he'd actually honor the bargain, though."


Evil GM

"One alive...the rest dead. The question is which of us will have the biggest bang and how close can we get the "dead"?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I think that depends on our opening salvo. I would imagine noone would look askance at us carrying the "bodies" of our victims. One over each of Meathead's shoulfers, perhaps another carried by Malcolm or myself. The other question depends on your skills; arcane spells, divine magic, blades or arrows? We have some of each, and Felicitas is quite adept at increasing our combat effectiveness, while I can aid in defense fairly readily."


Evil GM

Teran speaks up, "I prefer making myself invisible, then flying near the ceiling where I can hide in the stalactite and use my spells, like a wall of fire and lightning bolts. I could boost some abilities before hand."

That is followed by Vertek, "I work best in the shadows not as sack spuds over a shoulder."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Well, if you believe you can sneak in alongside us, more power to you. I don't know about their detection magic and countermeasures, but this hobgoblin seems like quite the paranoid fellow. Our team, along with some summoned allies, may be sufficient to hold off their moods and engage their chieftans, but the mix of powerful divine magic and a magical fighter type means unpredictable results."


"Chaos and it's best."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Though just a spearman, I will add to the chaos, as seen in the crawling eyeworms of the Void."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"I think this will be an interesting alliance... and a lot of chaos!"


So let Teran cast a spell to determine a few locations to try to have the meeting occur in. We can stir the pot tomorrow."

"We'd you pick him up at?" The drow cleric asks about Meath'd. The begin ogre entertaining himself by smashing small bugs popping them in his mouth which is followed by licking a giant salt stick.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We encountered a clan of ogres who felt they deserved our belongings more than we did. Meathead here turned out to be the wisest of the bunch and chose not to die unnecessarily. He has aided us in our journey greatly, especially with guiding us to the goblin city."


Meanwhile Meath'd cracks the one of python fangs and sucks the marrow out, his fat tongue wiggles in. this seems to entertain him as he releases it and lets it stick on his tongue. He moves it around in the air playfully.


"Loads of wisdom there, I see." She chuckles.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"To enjoy those fleeting moments of pleasure in between life's battles ...yes, much wisdom. "


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A wise ogre, like a 'small' mountain or 'mild' winter, must be taken in relation to its norm. But he has proven to be a true and constant companion, nonetheless."


Teran steps up after casting her arcane eye comes over and reports her findings:

"Well if we try to set up a meeting on the docks we would face those enemies on the ledges, but we'd have to limit the access from the side passage that Prudol's troops would come in from. Of course, the water would help us unless they have boats and there is an access to the underdark. I like that."

He pauses, "Then there are those stepping stones, attacking in the other half of the caves could provide escapes route."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"I'd trust Meath'd with my life. I'd slit your throat for a copper piece." That's what Desmond wanted to say, but instead he leaned against the wall and casually swept the room.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung watches Meat'd with interest.

That one'll eat anything

Kind of glad I didn't kill him after all.


"Well where do you suggest this grand battle take place?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The dock area with its overlooking ledges seems like a decent spot. There was a waiting area like space where they had us sit last time as well, a wide open space with plenty of ingress/egress points. I will have a wall of stone spell prepared as well as some creation magic, hopefully that will suffice to limit their reinforcements access."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Hey boss, mind patching this up when you are done?

never got myself healed after combat!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Boss? Ha. Of course, Grungsdi. Come closer."

3d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 8, 2) + 9 = 24 CSW


Evil GM

"Either place works. So how do you want to approach this...Terran will go invisible and fly while Vertek will work the shadows."

Everyone needs to be healed up for the encounter to come.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Ok. Let's hope for the waiting gallery, with the stepping stones room as a fallback. By any chance, does anyone have an available fly spell? Navigating the water will be difficult, and I would appreciate the increased mobility it would afford me. Sound off if you are injured, there won't be time to take care of that before we engage the goblins."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I'm ready.


Let me have a marching order.

"Rather than carrying one of us, let's have you capture two and walk us out....loosely tied."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That sounds fine. Malcolm, Grungsdi, care to take point? Then our "prisoners", Meathead, and the rest? Remember, our primary target is Tribitz, but don't discount his minions. Who knows what fell powers their demon lord grants them."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung stretches and takes the lead.

Anyone got a spell to make me tougher?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm steps to the front.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Yes, Grungsdi, but the duration is short. Perhaps you should take this instead, that way you can be sure to be affected as soon as possible."

Karnog hands Grungsdi a potion of bear's endurance.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Drink now?

Geung will drink it once we are close to the rendezvous. But rp must happen!


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Again, if we could not all charge immediately that would be helpful. My explosions and tentacles take up space."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Uh...no. Like I said, the spell will only last for a few minutes. I would hold onto it and drink it while Kalim, myself, and anyone else with big area magic prepare our battleground. Like Kalim said, we want to isolate Tribitz from his backup, prevent more from coming in, and take down or prevent the ranged attackers as much as possible. Stay close, keep in cover if possible, and let's focus our attacks on as few enemies as possible to bring them down fast and hard."

Karnog looks over the whole group and says a brief blessing in Dwarven.

"Any last minute questions?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung loads his sling


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Looking around Feliciats casts Heroism on herself.


Evil GM

The group emerges with it's two prisoners: Zerna the cleric and Filtau the fighter. You see the docks are packed with gaurds and there a large boat 20 feet off shore. On the boat are lined royal guards and you can make out the robes of at least three clergy members.

within the dock area you see there are four archers on the ledges and ground troops lining the cavern.

Torbitz Battle Map

*Red haloed = archers on raised ledged
**yellow haled = ground troops
***teal haloed = troop officers
****light blue haloed - Purboks and his officers (just off the board now to the north)

On the ship: you really don't know this yet but I'm putting it up now for ease of communicaiton.

* yellow haloed = royal guards
**Green haloed = underpriests
*** White haled = Torbitz


Evil GM

You are sure you want this battle?

RA Initiative:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Feli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Desmond: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Meathead: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

drow allies: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

goblin yellow ground: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
goblin red archers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Purbok: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
underclerics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
torbiz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Order:

Grung
underclerics
yellow ground troops
Torbitz
red archers
Meathead
Feli
Des
Drow Allies
Purbok
Malcolm
Karnog
Kalim


I put the initiative order up for when we need it.

One of the goblin ground commanders approaches, "So you bring back two filthy night crawlers....guud guud, his holiness b'happi with them in pits."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

As we walk in Grung downs the bears endurance potion.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

How high up are the archers, and how climbable does the thing they're standing on look?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

On the walk there, Kalim downs a potion of Protection from Arrows and casts both Shield and Mage Armor. He does not pray. But he knows what he must do.


Evil GM

A 10 ft. high natural rock platform stands in the northwestern and southwestern portions of the cave. Two rope ladders are hung, allowing for easy access to its top. Those rope ladders are pulled up.


"Gimme filthy nightcrawler scum....yous fat one bring to me." He points to Karnog.


Another voice rings out. "Who presents themselves to His Holiness, Torbitz, to be graced with wealth, praises and good fortune, or do you choose death and your sacrifice to the ruler of them all Orcus. Your plotting and scheming is known, for our eyes and knowledge extend throughout this wondrous city. You think we are blind and your nasty nightcrawling scum the only ones capable of arcane seeing?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"If you are asking that question it belies your confidence in success. A truly powerful ruler does not threaten or cajole; he commands and acts. The question is: how many of your followers will follow you into the clutches of your demonic master today?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Yea!


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
When Tribitz spoke, Kalim looked around the chamber to see where the voice was centered. The lighting, leveling, and layout of the area made it just too difficult to pinpoint. Unable to unleash a sneak attack, he changed strategies.

Dazzling Display Intimidate: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

He twirls his staff around with practiced efficiency, faster and faster, seeming to stretch further every time. As he did this, he spoke. "You will not die for your god today. You will die for me. ALL OF YOU!"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond tries to look unimpressive. He stands in the shadows hunched over, eyes sweeping the troops and mind memorizing their positions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Yea!


Evil GM

Sorry about not getting this thing going a bit quicker but there are a several of different type of characters in this battle, so I need to get it better organized than what I currently have. Essentially I need to set up some coding templates. My current intentions are take actions by the late afternoon or early evening. Unfortunately, there are four different type of baddies actions in a row. Thanks for the patience.


Evil GM

RD 1: Underpriest.

I forgot one on the map who was at the end of the dock.

The two priests on the boat casts spells.

spellcheck DC 18:

Magic circle protection from good was cast.

The priest on the docks steps up five ft and releases a channel of negative damaging energy.

damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 2) = 15

Will Save DC 15. All PCs are effected.

RD 1 Map with templates

"Drop to your knees and swear alliance to Torbitz, do so and live."

8,701 to 8,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.