Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


8,501 to 8,550 of 16,207 << first < prev | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Kalim only:

I need you to make Will save dc 18


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20 +2 if spell or spell like


Evil GM

Grung:

To your great surprise there really isn't a second pyrohdra standing there...damn attempt to trick the mind.

Kalim:

When you cast see invisibility you notice a couple things. First the stick, or wand, is not being held up by an invisible creature, it just floating due to some other explanation. (spell craft check with detect magic next round).

Plus, you don't really think the second pyrohydra is actually there but you are not 100% certain about that - yet. (detect magic and spellcraft next round)

Lastly, you noticed there is large shimmering cube outlined in the cavern behind the pyrohydra. That cube is invisible but you can see it.

I will take the liberty to move you to give you the LOS for this information, if need be.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Hey this lizard is fake!


Evil GM

It looks quite real to the others right now. they need to make Will save DC 18 to disbelieve. take into account the shaken/frightened conditions.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Will: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8

Desmond frowns. "Are you sure?" He starts looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Desmond trusts the party members with his life, but he's also aware that it's possible they're being tricked.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 will


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

will: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 = 13


Evil GM

The pyrohydra looks plenty real to Felicitas and Desmond, regardless of what the party is saying but you are still panicked so that makes sense.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Come out, sorceress. This interaction need not end in your demise yet. We may have some interests in common."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Evil GM

Malcolm:

You squint and shake your head like Grung mentioned the pyrohydra is not there, it's an illusion. Although there is nothing illusory about the stick/wand that is floating in the air that is real.


Evil GM

shaken/panic condition: 4/12

RD 7

Des -
Grung -
Pyrohydra
Feli
Karnog -
Meath'd
Malcolm
Kalim

RD 7 Map

Kalim only:

I didn't put the outlined invisible transparent cube-like creature on the map since you are the only one who can see it. It is in hexes: F/G: 24/25. It is large.

Make a knowledge dungeoneering check


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond is halfway to charging when Karnog speaks up. I can understand Grung, but surely Karnog would not be fooled, he is so resistant to magic. Desmond remains in place, feeling like he's on a razors edge. "Damnit! If that's fake what can I do?!" It's clear his morale is not good. The only thing keeping Desmond from running is whatever amount of loyalty he had built with the party.

Not sure what I can really do, so I guess I'll delay again.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Des is panicked anyway, though, right?


Evil GM

Des, felic and meath'd are panicked still.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Attack the stick floating in the air, the hydra is an illusion!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Not being one to argue, Grung charges the stick

Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 3 + 2 = 21 for 1d10 + 8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 7 = 20


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Evil GMs only:
Kalim will center his fireball thirty feet behind the cube, hitting it but not Grungsdi.

"You wish to use fear and illusion? I will show you fear!"

Fireball DC 19: 9d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 6, 4, 3) = 35


Evil GM

Grung rushes forth swiping at the stick his weapon slices through the air and the force that was holding the stick. the stick snaps and splinters from the attack.


Evil GM

A ghostly shaped hand appears next to Kalim in hex P:23.

Updated RD 7 Map


Evil GM

shaken/panic condition: 4/12

RD 7

Des - panicked
Grung - moved to hit floating stick
Pyrohydra - ghost hand appears next to Kalim
Feli - panicked
Karnog -
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim - fireball 35 HP damage

reflex fireball: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3
*Probably the worst reflex save ever

Karnog and Malcolm have actions remaining.


Evil GM

Kalim:

Do you have any idea what you are fighting now? Just curious?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

dm:
I have to admit I don't. Yet. The large invisible cube ...I wonder if someone is in a spell hut or something?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 7, AC from POF, Barkskin, Smite and Barkskin (31), Resistance to Fire 20, Smite Evil, Potion of Bulls Strength (+2 to Hit and Dam), Power Att

Malcolm slides forward to P22 and smites the hand.

BS Att: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 35
BS Dam: 1d10 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 = 30

Confirm: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 37
BS Add'L Dam: 1d10 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 8 + 9 + 2 = 35


Evil GM

Well damn...there goes that idea.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog readies to counterspell if the mysterious stranger casts a spell.


Evil GM

Karnog:

although you don't see the creature, you are fairly certain it's invisible and behind the pyrohydra illusion. although Kalim hasn't mentioned that to anybody and he actually goes last in the round so his fiery explosion will occur at the end of the round.

Kalim suddenly tosses a fireball that blasts the area behind where the illusion is located. In fact that illusion flickers out of existence now.


Evil GM

shaken/panic condition: 5/12

RD 8

Des - panicked
Grung -
Pyrohydra -
Feli - panicked
Karnog -
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim

RD 8 Map

*Malcolm can you remove the panicked condition for anyone else?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

do we see what he fired at?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog draws a scroll of remove fear and casts it on Desmond. (Suppresses fear effect for 10 min, +4 morale vs fear for 10 min)

"Be reasonable. My friend here can see you, your hydra has failed, and it's only a matter of time until your illusion wears off. Surrender, drop the spells, and let's talk." Karnog assumes the spellcaster has some modicum of sense, but who knows how prisoners are treated down here.


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
do we see what he fired at?

You see the fiery explosion at the back of the cave around E/F:26/27 its a radius explosion though, but the not what was hit.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Gung drops Croaker and quickdraw and flings his returning ax in the direction of the blast aiming towards F26 ish, and hope it hits something on the way

+2 Returning Throwing Ax: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

miss chance if needed 1d100 ⇒ 6


Evil GM

Grung your ax whizzes around the area not appearing to strike anything and returns to your hand without a trace of blood on it's blade.


Evil GM

Rd 8: pyrohydra/foe's turn

the creature takes it's action.

Kalim:

Make a spellcraft check. there is black glimmer and suddenly the creature is no longer there.

Karnog removes fear on Desmond.

Malcolm, and Kalim are up.


Evil GM

Updated RD 8 Map after Karnog moves up to cast remove fear on Desmond


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Many thanks, Malcolm. I am glad not to find out what that hand was up to."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Evil GM

Kalim:

You know the thing dimensional doored, it could be anywhere.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

NBD GM, but remove fear is close range & I had to pull scroll out. I'm cool with being at that spot though.


Evil GM

Karnog it doesn't matter to me where you want to be. I can move you back if you want.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Our foe stepped through an arcane dimensional door ...should be within a thousand feet ..." Kalim begins to detect magic in hopes of getting a ping that isn't his companions.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

it's all good. Technically would only have 5' step remaining due to Move/Std to retrieve/cast. NBD.

"Any way of predicting their arrival spot? And any thoughts on defeating that invisibility? I wish I had the purge spell prepared, but no luck there. Perhaps a dispel?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung puts the ax back in his belt and picks up Croaker


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I can only remove the Shaken, Dazed and Poisoned Conditions.

Round 7, AC from POF, Barkskin, Smite and Barkskin (31), Resistance to Fire 20, Smite Evil, Potion of Bulls Strength (+2 to Hit and Dam), Power Att

Malcolm moves forward and removes the Shaken condition from his nearest comrade in such a state.


Evil GM

Malcolm moves forward and removes Kalim's shaken condition.

I'll get an updated map posted when I get home.

Kalim:
you see a few magic items scattered around the cavern amongst the treasure. As far as the creature you see the remnants of the spell where it dimensioned door F/G:25 area. You do not see where it reappeared. At least it is not in your LOS.

kalim perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

shaken/panic condition: 6/12

RD 9

Des -
Grung - (shaken)
Pyrohydra/foe -
Feli - panicked
Karnog -
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog keeps his eyes open, again readying to counterspell if needed.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Nothing is invisible to me. Follow me as I try to track this magical trail." Kalim will move forward while continuing to detect magic, motioning for at least one or two others to go with him.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog follows the sorcerer.


Evil GM

Ok I double moved kalim 40/45 feet. I also dbl moved Karnog in order to keep up, I aslo moved Grung with those two since he was closest to are Kalim was heading.

I left Malcolm and Des in their current location for now - unless told otherwise.

-----
shaken/panic condition: 6/12

RD 9 updated map

Des -
Grung - (shaken) moved with kalim
Pyrohydra/foe - holding action
Feli - panicked
Karnog - double moved
Meath'd - panicked
Malcolm
Kalim - double moved

Updated RD 9 Map

Des is up, then the foe (action held), then malcolm

8,501 to 8,550 of 16,207 << first < prev | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.