The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Game Master Tyranius

The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge is a place where agents hang out and await their next mission. We're a lodge for PF1 adventures. Please check out our sister lodges, linked below, for Starfinder, ACG and PF2!

PbP Special Events and ConventionsAnnouncing PBP Gameday VIIIPlay-by-Post Gameday VIII signupsGM Mentor Lounge

Castamir's Flaxseed Station (Starfinder Society)Flaxseed on Deck (ACG)Cottonseed (Playtest & PF2)

Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide | Getting ready for PFS PbP | Kit for New PbP GMs

NEED TO FIND THE ONLINE SUPPORT PROGRAM?
https://onlinesupportprogram.com/


6,101 to 6,150 of 6,553 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Salvation of the Sages has an amazing storyline, but it actively tries to kill you. All I can say is be prepared and have a well-balanced group with lots of skills, and a diversity of talents.

Hmm


I've got a pretty specific request here. My -1 PC (this one) managed to complete parts 1 & 2 (#5-12 & #5-15 respectively) of the Destiny of the Sands Trilogy when he first started out. However, due to his level at the time he was unable to do part 3. He is now 1 xp away from never getting the chance to finish off the story line.

Does anyone have interest in running #5–16: Destiny of the Sands—Part 3: Sanctum of the Sages at high tier?

I can offer said GM a run through something they want/need in return, depending on the scenario.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM TOP wrote:

I've got a pretty specific request here. My -1 PC (this one) managed to complete parts 1 & 2 (#5-12 & #5-15 respectively) of the Destiny of the Sands Trilogy when he first started out. However, due to his level at the time he was unable to do part 3. He is now 1 xp away from never getting the chance to finish off the story line.

Does anyone have interest in running #5–16: Destiny of the Sands—Part 3: Sanctum of the Sages at high tier?

I can offer said GM a run through something they want/need in return, depending on the scenario.

And got a swap set up but are still working out the details. Thanks!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is there anyone willing to run 9-13 Lions Justice? Low tier if possible?

(Will be using up 4 slots from "An exchange of Secrets". When it was available, this character was in the middle of a three part adventure.)

Liberty's Edge

GM TOP wrote:


Does anyone have interest in running #5–16: Destiny of the Sands—Part 3: Sanctum of the Sages at high tier?

I can offer said GM a run through something they want/need in return, depending on the scenario.

And got a swap set up but are still working out the details. Thanks!

I volunteered to run for GM Top. Already got another person! as of now have 4 spaces for the high tier: here

Grand Lodge

Recruiting for what should be a fun run of #2-13 Murder on the Throaty Mermaid (tier 1-5) to start in early June here

Feel free to join!


GM Erich wrote:

Recruiting for what should be a fun run of #2-13 Murder on the Throaty Mermaid (tier 1-5) to start in early June here

Feel free to join!

That one is a classic!

We have a con on a cruise ship coming up in August and fully expect that scenario to be a high point :)

Grand Lodge

Shifty wrote:
GM Erich wrote:

Recruiting for what should be a fun run of #2-13 Murder on the Throaty Mermaid (tier 1-5) to start in early June here

Feel free to join!

That one is a classic!

We have a con on a cruise ship coming up in August and fully expect that scenario to be a high point :)

I expect to see pictures of LARPing of that scenario!


Nomadical wrote:


I expect to see pictures of LARPing of that scenario!

We have two separate 'Pirate' themes scenario offerings:

1) Throaty Mermaid/Hydras fang/Pirate Pact/Cyphermage dilemma
2) The Sevenfingers quadrilogy.

I am reliably advised the players in stream one have generated a group of swashbucklers and pirates and intend to stay dressed as pirates for the duration of the cruise.

The unofficial item of dress is Hawaiian shirts, but sadly I can't offer rerolls :p

Should be a great con, all aboard the Carnival Spirit. Next year we will be sailing to Moreton Island and moving the con off the ship to play pirate-themed scenarios on the beach overlooking the shipwrecks.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Recruitment is now open for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible!

Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible (Tier 1-5):

The Pathfinder Society sends you to the fabled Kingdom of the Impossible, the island of Jalmeray, to stop an Aspis Consortium black market relics dealer who is organizing the local bandits and violently robbing Jalmeray and Pathfinder Society caravans laden with relics, artifacts, and magical mysteries. When a venture-captain is murdered by the Aspis Consortium agent, it's up to you to find him and do whatever it takes to stop him.

Sign-Up Here


Oooo! I’ve got two low-level PCs I’ve been wanting to use, and if the tier leans high, Vulpina’s been on the bench long enough. Signed up!

Sovereign Court

I’m running Slaver’s End this weekend in realspace and it looks like a really fun scenario for my Merfolk. If anyone happens to decide to run it on here I’d love to get in on it!

Grand Lodge

is Assault an evergreen?


Nope. But it is excellent.

Grand Lodge

yeah...played it with another toon...oh well


#9-07 Salvation of the Sages PbP Recruitment page (Link)

Hello, 
This is the recruitment page for #9-07 Salvation of the Sages PbP in standard mode.

I will play low tier so level 7-9 characters are very welcome.

Scarab Sages of course have priority so this will be a lottery of sorts instead of a first come first served methodology.


Tyranius wrote:

Recruitment is now open for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible!

Sign-Up Here

Any chance for a second table?

Sovereign Court

Lorian the Peacemaker wrote:

Is there anyone willing to run 9-13 Lions Justice? Low tier if possible?

(Will be using up 4 slots from "An exchange of Secrets". When it was available, this character was in the middle of a three part adventure.)

Please disregard. Ended up running it at the last minute today.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hawthwile wrote:
Tyranius wrote:

Recruitment is now open for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible!

Sign-Up Here

Any chance for a second table?

"If anyone knows the jungles of the south its me! Maybe there's a second ship sailing?" An extremely hairy man with a keen set of eyes hollers.

"Brady!"


Hawthwile wrote:
Tyranius wrote:

Recruitment is now open for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible!

Sign-Up Here

Any chance for a second table?

If I didn't have a full plate, I'd offer it. I love that one. If you see me asking for requests before you get a chance to play, hit me up. :-)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Hawthwile wrote:
Tyranius wrote:

Recruitment is now open for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible!

Sign-Up Here

Any chance for a second table?

I wish I had the bandwidth for a second table. :( Unfortunately I have some future tables already on the plate in the very near future so I am unable to commit to another at this time.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Will the following players please dot into the Gameplay thread and post your character information into the discussions tab for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible:

  • VixieMoondew
  • Zin Z'arin
  • Wei Ji The Learner
  • docchicago
  • Mindxing
  • Alyster Kreed

    Gameplay Thread (Link)

  • Liberty's Edge

    GM Qstor wrote:


    I volunteered to run for GM Top. Already got another person! as of now have 4 spaces for the high tier: here

    We could use another player or 2?

    Sovereign Court

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    With the various school deadlines, I haven't gotten round to GMing a game recently. This post is meant to correct that!

    I have been sitting on the module Gallows of Madness for sometime and have decided that I would like to take it on. Played through it once and found it quite enjoyable, and hope that as a GM, I can make it so as well. So this is recruiting for a full run of this module, consisting of 3 semi-independent adventures.

    I'll be recruiting 6 players for this, bringing the same characters through all three adventures. As such, all characters would need to start at level 1 to keep in level throughout. They do not need to be freshies though. Having one or two XP is fine. (In fact, it would be helpful as you would have additional resources, although that is not strictly necessary.)

    Although each adventure is technically evergreen for level 1s, you would level up after each adventure, so you would not be able to join if you have done any of the adventures at level 2 or level 3.

    If you're interested, please sign up at my sign-up sheet. Recruitment is not on a first-come-first-serve basis. I select by party balance, past experiences, posting history, etc. Also, I usually give preference to new players.

    You should also know that while I aim for at least a post a day for myself and my players, my schedule is quite unsettled for the next 2-3 months so there may be times when posting might become erratic.


    GM kuey wrote:

    With the various school deadlines, I haven't gotten round to GMing a game recently. This post is meant to correct that!

    I have been sitting on the module Gallows of Madness for sometime and have decided that I would like to take it on. Played through it once and found it quite enjoyable, and hope that as a GM, I can make it so as well. So this is recruiting for a full run of this module, consisting of 3 semi-independent adventures.

    This campaign sounds awesome! I've got a druid I would love to get in a longer campaign to really sink into the rpg aspect with.

    Silver Crusade

    Kuey- it's a shame that you can't take level 2's (I have two XP 3 characters I would love to bring). I signed up for an XP zero bloodrager that I keep meaning to build, but doesn't actually exist yet.

    Thanks for the opportunity.

    Owner - Gator Games & Hobby

    That module's a lot of fun :-)

    Slow credit can be a way of sneaking a not quite fresh character through the series too. Or possibly getting two of them in evergreen mode.

    Sovereign Court

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    @GM Kuey: I am offering you a world of strange and fun roleplay with an Oozemorph Shifter :D

    Sovereign Court

    Cwethan wrote:

    That module's a lot of fun :-)

    Slow credit can be a way of sneaking a not quite fresh character through the series too. Or possibly getting two of them in evergreen mode.

    Oh yes, forgot about slow tracking. That would work for me.


    I have a question involving recruitment

    Is it ok to recruit for casual games on this particular forum?
    And if so, could I find a GM here willing to try DMing a casual, even homebrew game, on a green (as to say new) sub-community for paizo formed on discord as a bit of a play test to see the viability of its use?


    Wasteland_Wizard wrote:

    I have a question involving recruitment

    Is it ok to recruit for casual games on this particular forum?
    And if so, could I find a GM here willing to try DMing a casual, even homebrew game, on a green (as to say new) sub-community for paizo formed on discord as a bit of a play test to see the viability of its use?

    The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge is set up for the purpose of recruiting for PFS PbP games. For general recruitment, including homebrew games, I think you can make use of Paizo's general recruitment forum.

    I spend practically all my Paizo time on Flaxseed (and its sister lodges) that it is easy to forget that there are very active recruitment going on outside of it! :)


    Great, thanks.
    My invite to DM still stands. but now that O have this bit of info, I shall be out your hair.

    Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

    Cards Against Gnomanity 2019 Player Signups are open!!

    This event is focused on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Society, but we do have a few tables of the Free RPG Day "We Be Heroes?" Pathfinder Playtest adventure as well!

    INSTRUCTIONS

    SIGNUP SHEET

    Note that we have a separate sheet to sign up for tables of the Pathfinder Playtest RPG version of "We Be Heroes?"

    If tables of the ACG older seasons don't fill, we'll likely convert these to new Core/Curse adventures instead.

    Looking forward to playing with all of you!!


    cartmanbeck wrote:

    Cards Against Gnomanity 2019 Player Signups are open!!

    This event is focused on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Society, but we do have a few tables of the Free RPG Day "We Be Heroes?" Pathfinder Playtest adventure as well!

    INSTRUCTIONS

    SIGNUP SHEET

    Note that we have a separate sheet to sign up for tables of the Pathfinder Playtest RPG version of "We Be Heroes?"

    If tables of the ACG older seasons don't fill, we'll likely convert these to new Core/Curse adventures instead.

    Looking forward to playing with all of you!!

    Excited for this event. But looking at the sign up sheet I can't figure out what tier range the various tables are for. Do the different colors mean something important? One of the tables is marked "legendary" but I'm not sure what that means. Lastly, some of the tables are listed as "PACS rules/sanctioned" but some are not - does that mean that the ones that are not labeled as such don't count for PACS advancement? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

    Lantern Lodge

    Hi all.

    next Monday (the 10th) I'll be starting a CORE table of 02-19: Keep of the Huscarl King.

    Anyone who would like in is welcome to add their name to my signup sheet

    There are some FCFS slots. There is one slot reserved for someone new to PFS. I'll also take someone who is new to CORE.

    Most of the slots are an open lottery. I see a number of folk who are disappointed at not being on at the right time to get a game. So put your name down. I'll roll some dice over the weekend to see who gets in.

    That said, if there is an obvious party (one level one, and 6 level 5 characters for example) then I might rule some folk out. That the breaks for trying to get a semi balanced group together.

    CORE
    Again, this is CORE. That pretty much means only the CORE rule book, and the trait download. Your character should be designated as a CORE character (although I know some early reporting issues mean some CORE characters are flagged wrong).

    Also
    Yes, I know this is part 3 of a series. I'm guessing many of you have played through the series in classic PFS. If you want to avoid some (small) spoilers then you might want to avoid this game. However with PFS2 opening up in a short amount of time I'm not expecting this to actually put anyone off.

    Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Abraham Z. wrote:
    cartmanbeck wrote:

    Cards Against Gnomanity 2019 Player Signups are open!!

    This event is focused on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Society, but we do have a few tables of the Free RPG Day "We Be Heroes?" Pathfinder Playtest adventure as well!

    INSTRUCTIONS

    SIGNUP SHEET

    Note that we have a separate sheet to sign up for tables of the Pathfinder Playtest RPG version of "We Be Heroes?"

    If tables of the ACG older seasons don't fill, we'll likely convert these to new Core/Curse adventures instead.

    Looking forward to playing with all of you!!

    Excited for this event. But looking at the sign up sheet I can't figure out what tier range the various tables are for. Do the different colors mean something important? One of the tables is marked "legendary" but I'm not sure what that means. Lastly, some of the tables are listed as "PACS rules/sanctioned" but some are not - does that mean that the ones that are not labeled as such don't count for PACS advancement? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

    Good questions, Abraham!

    The different colors simply signify which adventure is being run, to differentiate the tables visually.

    All of the tables will be Tier 1 (meaning you can play a Tier 1 or Tier 2 character), as almost all of these adventures are available for the very first time during this event (the exceptions to that are the four tables at the bottom of adventures from previous seasons, but those will also be starting at Tier 1 as well).

    The Legendary table means that those players are signing up to play on Legendary difficulty, which is a new type of difficulty adjustment that PACS has available to it now. There are three levels of difficulty in PACS under the new Core rules: Normal, Heroic, and Legendary. Normal is just as you'd expect, run the scenario exactly as written. Heroic adds two "wildcards" which are additional random powers that generally increase the difficulty of the scenario. Legendary adds THREE of these wildcards, as well as increasing the effective level of Veteran banes by 1 and adding banes of 1 higher tier to the locations as well.

    Those tables marked as "Sanctioned" are so-marked because those adventures were not directly written for PACS, but have been made available as PACS-appropriate content (thus "sanctioned"). The adventures that do NOT say "sanctioned" were already written with the express intent of being used for PACS, so those count for PACS advancement inherently. So, every table we are running counts for advancement! :)

    Thanks again, and please feel free to ask more questions!

    Grand Lodge

    GM kuey wrote:

    With the various school deadlines, I haven't gotten round to GMing a game recently. This post is meant to correct that!

    I have been sitting on the module Gallows of Madness for sometime and have decided that I would like to take it on. Played through it once and found it quite enjoyable, and hope that as a GM, I can make it so as well. So this is recruiting for a full run of this module, consisting of 3 semi-independent adventures.

    I'll be recruiting 6 players for this, bringing the same characters through all three adventures. As such, all characters would need to start at level 1 to keep in level throughout. They do not need to be freshies though. Having one or two XP is fine. (In fact, it would be helpful as you would have additional resources, although that is not strictly necessary.)

    Although each adventure is technically evergreen for level 1s, you would level up after each adventure, so you would not be able to join if you have done any of the adventures at level 2 or level 3.

    If you're interested, please sign up at my sign-up sheet. Recruitment is not on a first-come-first-serve basis. I select by party balance, past experiences, posting history, etc. Also, I usually give preference to new players.

    You should also know that while I aim for at least a post a day for myself and my players, my schedule is quite unsettled for the next 2-3 months so there may be times when posting might become erratic.

    Just when I plan to take a break from Pbp for a couple of months you do this. Argh! If you get enough for two tables are you going to consider running two tables?

    Grand Lodge

    Calling Waykand Day! The Throaty Mermaid is about to depart port and this is the last call for boarding!


    GM Qstor wrote:
    GM Qstor wrote:


    I volunteered to run for GM Top. Already got another person! as of now have 4 spaces for the high tier: here

    We could use another player or 2?

    We still have a couple slots open for this campaign. High Tier #5-16: Destiny of the Sands — Pt 3: Sanctum of the Sages.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Hello Awesome GMs!

    We're starting to recruit for PBP Gameday VIII. August 26-November 3rd, 2019
    We will be running PFS1, PFS2, SFS and ACG.

    Our specials will include 10-00 Hao Jin Cataclysm and 2-00 Fate of the Scoured God.

    If you are interested in running a special for the Gameday, please respond to the Recruiting Form by June 10th. Thanks!

    Hmm

    Dark Archive

    Hi GM Hmm, are general gm signups going to open soon too?

    Thanks.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    GM Tealk wrote:

    Hi GM Hmm, are general gm signups going to open soon too?

    Thanks.

    Obviously I am not GM Hmm but I can say that we are sorting out a few details for general signups and you should expect to hear something soon.

    Dark Archive

    Hmm, grad school or PbP GMing? Any star requirements to run a special?


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Grad school comes first. Sign up for what you can handle. No star requirements on these, but we do require you to have GMed something successfully first in PBP.

    Hmm

    Shadow Lodge

    7 people marked this as a favorite.

    First multi-table attempt for me!

    Dark Archive

    Yeah, thanks Hmm. I really want to run a PbP special at some point, but I've got no idea how much work grad school is going to throw at me since it'll be my first semester.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I suspect the answer is 'all the work'.


    Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
    First multi-table attempt for me!

    Same here. We shall cancel each other's out. :P

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    GM Zer0darkfire wrote:
    Yeah, thanks Hmm. I really want to run a PbP special at some point, but I've got no idea how much work grad school is going to throw at me since it'll be my first semester.

    Some of this is going to depend on what grad school and what major you are going for. Some professors see grad students as low rent employees to do their research and menial tasks. Others make them do the 100 level teaching dirty work for them. Other grad schools are pretty simple, but it depends on your major.

    I wouldn't get too much stuff started with grad school looming just in case. Also, part of this depends on the load and your goals. It is vastly more difficult in grad school as the expectations change dramatically. In the field of history, most grad school work is far more heavier in the academic writing and historical research than the undergraduate focus was.

    Plus, if you plan on going for a doctorate, your grad school work through the MA will determine if you get accepted as a doctoral candidate.

    Liberty's Edge

    GM Tyranius wrote:

    Recruitment is now open for Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible!

    Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible (Tier 1-5):
    Sign-Up Here

    Would like ot join a second table with Dale and Brady

    6,101 to 6,150 of 6,553 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / [PFS] The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate! (ongoing PFS recruitment) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.