GM Blake wrote:
Since, presumably, it will be a minute before people start reaching 5th level, is there any drawback you can see to not just applying it to a level 1?
Can someone explain to me how Fangwood Thieves fits into the PACS framework? It says Adventure 1 of the Season of the Kobolds on the cover. Someone told me that it's part of the upcoming Season 6.
Related questions: My PC played all of Fangwood Thieves - can he now play Season 6 (City of Sails and Shrouds) as part of Gameday? Or do they overlap?
And if my PC tiers up to level 2, he can still join it, right? I think the only restriction is that you can never be more than 1 level higher or lower than what you are playing, correct?
It looks like this table is going to be high tier and it also looks like my witch 16 won't be available until October. There's a couple of seats available at GM Amsheagar's low tier table, so I'll move over there. Thanks for considering me and I look forward to playing at your table another time.
Please go ahead and remove me from the table when you get a chance.
Steven Schopmeyer wrote:
Aid characters will receive a boon, in the style of other similar scenarios. Their numbers will be recorded on the chronicle and copies should be included with the aid characters.
So does it matter what level the Aid characters are, or having a balance between different character types, or are the particulars of the aid characters irrelevant?
Upon reflection, I'm most interested in playing this at the top tier with Agata, my (about to be) level 16 witch. The problem is that she's currently in a PbP game of Iron Gods that seems to be bogging down. I think we are in the final fight but posting has become very slow so it's quite possible she won't be available by the time Gameday starts.
I believe pregen chronicles are applied at the level of the pregen, not the lowest level of the tier, so in this particular case I think you would apply the chronicle when you get to level 4, not 3. The exception is scenarios that themselves come with pregens, like the We Be Goblins series; for those you do apply at the lowest level of the tier. Hopefully PF2 will have less confusing things like this.
Bumble "Fidget" Rumbleberry wrote:
Still have not heard from GM Poblano Pepper. If he is coming back soon we are willing to wait but we have had two players bail already. If he will not be back could we get a replacement GM before we lose any more? He was running Shattered Stars in PFS Campaign Mode. We are in book one and it would be nice to at least finish that much of it.
Are you looking for replacement players? What level?
Yep, I still have it and will trade it for the Catfolk boon.
Thanks but I've already got PCs of each of those races so I'm looking for race boons that I don't already have: Catfolk, Skinwalker, and I'm sure others that I'm not aware of. Sorry but maybe we can find someone who wants one of yours and work out a 3-way trade.
Yep, still have it. Still interested in trading it for something good.
Wow, this is really great! As someone with no computer skills at all - and therefore very nervous about making any changes to the deck handler template that I've been using - this is tremendously helpful to me. I'm going to use it for building my next PC (Radovan).
Here are some other things that I would love to see in a Deck Handler - again, I have no idea if these would be simple or difficult to implement.
1. Would there be any way to see the powers of the cards in your hand without having to jump over to another tab? Perhaps like a floating tool-tip that hovers over the card when you select it? Or simply including that information on the first tab, though I realize there probably isn't room for it. I find myself flipping back and forth between the first and second tabs of the deck handler constantly because I don't have all the card powers memorized.
2. Like kuey said, I probably prefer a layout on the "Don't Look" tab that shows the card powers and traits, rather than just the url to open them.
3. Would it be possible to add a tab to track the PC's play history? Not just what scenarios have been played, but tier progression, rewards earned, upgrades taken, etc.
4. Similarly, I would find it helpful to have a "future" tab that could be used to track and plan for planned upgrades.
5. I wonder if it would make sense to have a way of tracking a) Loot cards, b) cards Acquired in a scenario, c) cards gotten from/given to a Trader, and d) cards given from another PC, separately from the list of the PC's main deck. Right now I do things like append "aq" to acquired cards, or add notes to myself in a card's power text to indicate that it was set aside for a Loot card or traded away at a Trader, but if feels very kludgy.
6. Personally, I would find it great if there were an easy way to note which cards are in my hand that other players may want to use or make note of. Since I don't know what most of the cards do, when it's my turn I find myself spending a lot of time looking through the other players' hands, trying to figure out if any of them have anything that will be useful in a particular situation. Of course people can use the Notes field for this (and that's what I currently do), but I'm imagining something like the color coding that you are already implementing, or maybe a checkbox that a player could check to note that a card was potentially useful to others, where I could quickly see which cards deserved my time to look at.
7. When playing Pathfinder RPG by PbP, one thing that can really make play easier is if you have some of your PC's common dice expressions already written out, so then you can just copy and paste them when you need them. I wonder if it would make sense to include space for the same in the Deck Handler? For example, if you know that every time you are playing a particular spell your (starting) dice expression is going to be "[dice=Arcane X}1d12+1+1d6[/dice} [Dice=Recharge? Arcane 6}1d12+1[/dice}" (with of course the caveat that this may all be modified by various things like Blessings played, etc), then you could just copy and paste the dice expression from the deck handler.
Like I said, I have no idea if any of these things are doable, or interesting to you, but they are things that I often find myself wishing for as I use the deck handler I have, so I thought I would share them with you. Thanks so much for all the effort you've put into this template and I look forward to using it!
Excited for this event. But looking at the sign up sheet I can't figure out what tier range the various tables are for. Do the different colors mean something important? One of the tables is marked "legendary" but I'm not sure what that means. Lastly, some of the tables are listed as "PACS rules/sanctioned" but some are not - does that mean that the ones that are not labeled as such don't count for PACS advancement? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!
* Tiefling (can also be combined with an Aasimar boon to make a Ganzi)
* Undine (can be combined with ifrit, oread, and sylph boons to make a Suli)
* Treasure Map
* Psychic Awakening
* Loci Spirit Ritual
* Expedition Manager
* New Days, New Choices (free retrain of one or both of starting traits)
* Mounted Tradition
* Adopted Weapon Training
* Niche Specialist 2
* Emotional Aura
* Alchemical Versatility
* Share the Wealth (Companions)
* Mask of Goblin Seeming
* Nexavarian Requisition
* Martial Tradition
* Ley Line Access
* Celestial Traveler
Overall I like this but I have a few minor suggestions/questions if any of this is still "in process":
1) As someone else noted upthread, AcP is likely to be a confusing acronym. Same as Armor Check Penalty. Very close to Adventure Path. Very close to Animal Companion.
2) Similarly, it seems like you have just changed what used to be called Prestige to Fame. But of course we had Fame too in PFS 1. I anticipate so many unnecessary discussions with people making the transition from PFS 1 to 2 over this. Why not just give it an entirely new name? Acclaim? Notoriety? Celebrity? Rank?
3) I get the desire to change the XP system to make it more friendly for Quest play, but I think it's going to be much less newbie friendly. Everyone can easily get the idea that you play 3 times, get 3 xp, and go up a level. I think 12 xp/level is going to be more off-putting to the random newb who wanders into a game.
4) AcP Rewards system - unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems like all rewards will now be the player's choice. We acquire AcP through playing, GM-ing, and GM-ing at cons, and then decide how to spend them. While that of course will be very satisfying for those of us who have been hunting a particular option for a long time, I think it misses the role that surprise and random-ness play in the fun factor of playing. It's fun to sign up to GM for a con and know that you will get some cool reward but not know what it is. It's fun to roll a d20 at a table and know that you have a 10% chance of winning something (in a way that I expect it will be much less fun for people to simply know that when they accrue a certain number of points they can buy something with them). In short, this change seems to do away with an important role of the psychology of gaming: the uncertainty and randomness associated with rewards.
He has been a wonderful GM. I really hope that there's nothing wrong. But since we haven't heard anything from him in such a long time we decided it was worth trying to see if we could find someone to step in. I posted something along those lines about a month ago but we didn't get any takers. We were hoping that with Outpost winding down there might be someone with more bandwidth.
Seeking a replacement GM to take over a game of Gallows of Madness, Part 3. Our GM last posted in early January and has not responded to several PMs. Our group has played through the first two parts and is anxious to play it through to the end. I think we are fairly near the start of the third and final portion (we are in the middle of a combat just outside the Manor House - haven't actually entered the house yet). Many thanks to anyone who would be interested in helping us out. The game can be found here.
Distracting artwork appearing in the background of the webpage? Paizo, tell me this isn't intentional!
Distracting artwork appearing in the background of the webpage? Paizo, tell me this isn't intentional!
Just today I'm seeing some new annoying web behavior from the paizo site. There's a faint piece of artwork in the background. It's sort of like wallpaper, except that it doesn't move with the rest of the page when I scroll. Very distracting. I hate to contemplate the possibility that this is intentional on the part of the paizo team, but if it is, c'mon, seriously? This is making it harder to read your web pages. Not to mention all the *real* issues with website functionality, like the inability to edit our campaign pages. I don't want to be one of those endless internet whiners, but I've got to say this is very disappointing.
Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
So, just to make sure I'm getting it, if I start with a brand new PC, 0 xp, PFS-legal, give him a PFS number etc. and start playing an AP with him, even though I would receive chronicles as I went through, he wouldn't actually be a PFS PC anymore. If the AP game fell apart at some point (as they sometimes do), I wouldn't have any way of continuing to play that PC in PFS, though I would still have the chronicle sheets I had received along the way (that would have been applied to some other PC or PCs). Yes?