Yep, still have it. Still interested in trading it for something good.
Wow, this is really great! As someone with no computer skills at all - and therefore very nervous about making any changes to the deck handler template that I've been using - this is tremendously helpful to me. I'm going to use it for building my next PC (Radovan).
Here are some other things that I would love to see in a Deck Handler - again, I have no idea if these would be simple or difficult to implement.
1. Would there be any way to see the powers of the cards in your hand without having to jump over to another tab? Perhaps like a floating tool-tip that hovers over the card when you select it? Or simply including that information on the first tab, though I realize there probably isn't room for it. I find myself flipping back and forth between the first and second tabs of the deck handler constantly because I don't have all the card powers memorized.
2. Like kuey said, I probably prefer a layout on the "Don't Look" tab that shows the card powers and traits, rather than just the url to open them.
3. Would it be possible to add a tab to track the PC's play history? Not just what scenarios have been played, but tier progression, rewards earned, upgrades taken, etc.
4. Similarly, I would find it helpful to have a "future" tab that could be used to track and plan for planned upgrades.
5. I wonder if it would make sense to have a way of tracking a) Loot cards, b) cards Acquired in a scenario, c) cards gotten from/given to a Trader, and d) cards given from another PC, separately from the list of the PC's main deck. Right now I do things like append "aq" to acquired cards, or add notes to myself in a card's power text to indicate that it was set aside for a Loot card or traded away at a Trader, but if feels very kludgy.
6. Personally, I would find it great if there were an easy way to note which cards are in my hand that other players may want to use or make note of. Since I don't know what most of the cards do, when it's my turn I find myself spending a lot of time looking through the other players' hands, trying to figure out if any of them have anything that will be useful in a particular situation. Of course people can use the Notes field for this (and that's what I currently do), but I'm imagining something like the color coding that you are already implementing, or maybe a checkbox that a player could check to note that a card was potentially useful to others, where I could quickly see which cards deserved my time to look at.
7. When playing Pathfinder RPG by PbP, one thing that can really make play easier is if you have some of your PC's common dice expressions already written out, so then you can just copy and paste them when you need them. I wonder if it would make sense to include space for the same in the Deck Handler? For example, if you know that every time you are playing a particular spell your (starting) dice expression is going to be "[dice=Arcane X}1d12+1+1d6[/dice} [Dice=Recharge? Arcane 6}1d12+1[/dice}" (with of course the caveat that this may all be modified by various things like Blessings played, etc), then you could just copy and paste the dice expression from the deck handler.
Like I said, I have no idea if any of these things are doable, or interesting to you, but they are things that I often find myself wishing for as I use the deck handler I have, so I thought I would share them with you. Thanks so much for all the effort you've put into this template and I look forward to using it!
Excited for this event. But looking at the sign up sheet I can't figure out what tier range the various tables are for. Do the different colors mean something important? One of the tables is marked "legendary" but I'm not sure what that means. Lastly, some of the tables are listed as "PACS rules/sanctioned" but some are not - does that mean that the ones that are not labeled as such don't count for PACS advancement? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!
* Tiefling (can also be combined with an Aasimar boon to make a Ganzi)
* Undine (can be combined with ifrit, oread, and sylph boons to make a Suli)
* Treasure Map
* Psychic Awakening
* Loci Spirit Ritual
* Expedition Manager
* New Days, New Choices (free retrain of one or both of starting traits)
* Mounted Tradition
* Adopted Weapon Training
* Niche Specialist 2
* Emotional Aura
* Alchemical Versatility
* Share the Wealth (Companions)
* Mask of Goblin Seeming
* Nexavarian Requisition
* Martial Tradition
* Ley Line Access
* Celestial Traveler
Overall I like this but I have a few minor suggestions/questions if any of this is still "in process":
1) As someone else noted upthread, AcP is likely to be a confusing acronym. Same as Armor Check Penalty. Very close to Adventure Path. Very close to Animal Companion.
2) Similarly, it seems like you have just changed what used to be called Prestige to Fame. But of course we had Fame too in PFS 1. I anticipate so many unnecessary discussions with people making the transition from PFS 1 to 2 over this. Why not just give it an entirely new name? Acclaim? Notoriety? Celebrity? Rank?
3) I get the desire to change the XP system to make it more friendly for Quest play, but I think it's going to be much less newbie friendly. Everyone can easily get the idea that you play 3 times, get 3 xp, and go up a level. I think 12 xp/level is going to be more off-putting to the random newb who wanders into a game.
4) AcP Rewards system - unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems like all rewards will now be the player's choice. We acquire AcP through playing, GM-ing, and GM-ing at cons, and then decide how to spend them. While that of course will be very satisfying for those of us who have been hunting a particular option for a long time, I think it misses the role that surprise and random-ness play in the fun factor of playing. It's fun to sign up to GM for a con and know that you will get some cool reward but not know what it is. It's fun to roll a d20 at a table and know that you have a 10% chance of winning something (in a way that I expect it will be much less fun for people to simply know that when they accrue a certain number of points they can buy something with them). In short, this change seems to do away with an important role of the psychology of gaming: the uncertainty and randomness associated with rewards.
He has been a wonderful GM. I really hope that there's nothing wrong. But since we haven't heard anything from him in such a long time we decided it was worth trying to see if we could find someone to step in. I posted something along those lines about a month ago but we didn't get any takers. We were hoping that with Outpost winding down there might be someone with more bandwidth.
Seeking a replacement GM to take over a game of Gallows of Madness, Part 3. Our GM last posted in early January and has not responded to several PMs. Our group has played through the first two parts and is anxious to play it through to the end. I think we are fairly near the start of the third and final portion (we are in the middle of a combat just outside the Manor House - haven't actually entered the house yet). Many thanks to anyone who would be interested in helping us out. The game can be found here.
Distracting artwork appearing in the background of the webpage? Paizo, tell me this isn't intentional!
Distracting artwork appearing in the background of the webpage? Paizo, tell me this isn't intentional!
Just today I'm seeing some new annoying web behavior from the paizo site. There's a faint piece of artwork in the background. It's sort of like wallpaper, except that it doesn't move with the rest of the page when I scroll. Very distracting. I hate to contemplate the possibility that this is intentional on the part of the paizo team, but if it is, c'mon, seriously? This is making it harder to read your web pages. Not to mention all the *real* issues with website functionality, like the inability to edit our campaign pages. I don't want to be one of those endless internet whiners, but I've got to say this is very disappointing.
Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
So, just to make sure I'm getting it, if I start with a brand new PC, 0 xp, PFS-legal, give him a PFS number etc. and start playing an AP with him, even though I would receive chronicles as I went through, he wouldn't actually be a PFS PC anymore. If the AP game fell apart at some point (as they sometimes do), I wouldn't have any way of continuing to play that PC in PFS, though I would still have the chronicle sheets I had received along the way (that would have been applied to some other PC or PCs). Yes?
Campaign Mode for an AP means that all the content is covered, and the GM has more freedom from 'run as written'.
Thanks. The part I've never understood is how you handle the experience and wealth by level progressions. Each book of an AP gives 3 xp and the appropriate amount of gold for 1 level of adventuring at that tier. So how does a PC that starts at level 1, playing book 1 of an AP, get the right amount of xp and gold to be ready for book 6? It doesn't seem practical to have to play lots of other adventures on the side. And presumably not everyone has GM credit to apply. I don't get this aspect of it.
I’d like to join this. Experienced PFS player and GM but I’ve never had a chance to play an AP from the beginning. I’m a bit confused about how campaign mode works but my preference would be to do the full content, not just the PFS sanctioned portions, just because why not get the full story? I’ve got a level 2 Bloodrager ready to go (melee frontliner, will eventually be going Dragon Disciple). Can also offer a Wizard 2 (will eventually be going Arcane Trickster), or a Psychic 3. Alternatively, happy to build something new from level 1.
On Friday it'll be six months since the last Additional Resources update, which means however many more months since the products that were not included in the last update were released. I think we all understand that it's been a very hectic time for everyone at paizo, especially with the release of the PF 2 playtest materials. Also, we all know that con season is especially busy for y'all. And we've all seen what a disaster it is when things are approved and have to be subsequently retconned due to shenanigans, so I understand that it's better to take your time than rush. But still, it's been six months.
I'd like to politely request: a) the team to prioritize making the next AR and CC releases a priority and b) the team to find a new way to do these updates in PF 2, so that we don't continue this same pattern.
The issue isn't simply that we PFS players are an impatient bunch, but that it is frustrating to have a new book come out, get excited for the new options that are revealed, and then find yourself waiting forever to see if you can actually use those options; when you've already paid for the product it feels disrespectful to not be able to use that product within a reasonable amount of time.
Personally, I tend to buy each new book immediately when it comes out, but I'm regretfully feeling that I will stop doing that and wait until it is published in AR, not because I only want to buy books that have options I care about, but because it seems as though the only way the AR process is going to be prioritized is if paizo has an economic incentive for it.
I hope that this post doesn't come across as whiny or unappreciative. I love Pathfinder and I think that the PFS team does an amazing job creating an organized play experience that I love being a part of. But I also think that the way that Additional Resources is being handled right now doesn't feel good to me as a player and a customer, and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that.
Thanks for listening.
My very sincere apologies for being absent for all this time. Between anniversary, travel, and the site crashes I haven't been able to participate so far but I hope that it's not too late for me to join in. I've set up a profile for the Kyra pregen and have dotted and deleted in the gameplay thread to add her to the mix. I'll now go ahead and get caught up on the story and chime in as soon as I've done that. Sorry again and thanks for your understanding.
Yes, but if he's the only one who's played it, he might want to GM it when it's his turn to run something. Has anyone else played it? And ZDF, would you want to run it when it's your turn?
Just to be clear, I'm perfectly happy to play it during Gameday - I just don't want to derail us if we are planning to do it with our group.
Ok, I've read through the whole discussion tab and it looks to me like I've done everything I need to except (big except) actually load my chosen cards into the deck handler, which I'm going to wait until someone can point me to the instructions before doing so, because otherwise I expect I'll muck it up.
Turn Order: I have no opinion about this (really, no understanding of the implications of the choice) so I'm happy to go whenever everyone else thinks would make sense.
Starting Location: Ditto, I have no opinion (based on not understanding the implications of the different choices) so I'm happy to start anyplace. I think I saw a suggestion from Lini that we start in the same location (so I can give him a weapon?), and I'm fine with doing that unless anyone else has another suggestion.
p.s. sorry for all the ignorance - hopefully I'll get the hang of it after a few turns!
Re my Iconic Heroes promo cards that I asked about earlier - I checked and none of them are for Valeros so I think they are irrelevant for this game/character, yes? Question Does this mean that I should just hold on to them in case I ever decide to play one of those other characters and/or can I trade them to someone else who is playing one of those characters? (I have 1 each for Merisiel, Kyra, Ezren, and Amiri, and 2 for Harsk).
Question Are the instructions for using the Deck Handler somewhere? I can't seem to find them. I've got my 15 cards picked out (see post above) unless anyone suggests I make any changes (there don't really seem to be too many choices for Valeros actually) but I'm not sure what data I should be entering in the Deck Handler and where.
I've just tried to dot in to the Gameplay thread with my Valeros alias, but it doesn't appear as an option in the drop down menu. When I go to my list of PFS characters (in My Organized Play), I see both of my two PACG characters (Darago and Valero) and I can click edit on them, but their names are not clickable the way that all of my PFS PCs are. Question: What do I need to do to activate my Valeros alias?