Some minor corrections/observations:
* You call out Arcane Sense as an excellent feat for a wizard in at least a couple of places, but also say in one spot that this is only a good feat for non-wizards taking the wizard dedication.
* In your Magaambyan sample build, you never take the Cascade Bearers Spellcasting feat, which you earlier seemed to indicate was the linchpin of the whole concept.
* Not really a correction, but just pointing out that the text is identical in the section on Arcane School Specialists and the section on Focus Spells.
* Given how much you emphasize on the power of familiars, your discussion of "how to make them do stuff" seems pretty thin. Yes, you use the minion rule. But, beyond that, what can a familiar actually do (besides deliver touch spells)? What are some examples of things that you see a familiar using its two actions for?
* Metamagic - seems very thin at the moment, presumably because 2e is still very thin on metamagic, but that will only grow over time. Might be worth a section.
* Action economy - If most wizards will use a 2 action spell most rounds, the big questions are: a) what to use the 3rd action for (shield, ok, but what else? what kinds of options are there?) and b) what are useful reactions for wizards and how do they get them?
These are quibbles though. Overall, this is such great work and I'm already contemplating my first wizard build.
Yep, I understood that. But I couldn't make out what was so awesome about the Halcyon Speaker archetype. You seemed to be indicating that it was doing something very special and unique (which is why I'm intrigued by it) but I couldn't figure out what that was.
Your guide is really interesting and well done. Kudos!
There is one portion that I haven't been able to understand: your discussion of the two Halcyon archetypes. You seem to be implying that taking both of these archetypes together will get you... I'm not quite sure what? Probably I'm just being dense but personally I would love it if you could expand the explanation of that part.
Pirate Rob wrote:
As an interesting note check out the skill feat Thorough Reports from Pathfinder Agent in LOWG for a way to learn more about creatures you've previously encountered.
Whew, this seems like it could be really cumbersome to administer at the table, especially in non-pbp format. I'm picturing the player reading off a long list of every creature they've ever identified, just so the GM knows whether to give them the bonus.
GM Blake wrote:
Since, presumably, it will be a minute before people start reaching 5th level, is there any drawback you can see to not just applying it to a level 1?
Can someone explain to me how Fangwood Thieves fits into the PACS framework? It says Adventure 1 of the Season of the Kobolds on the cover. Someone told me that it's part of the upcoming Season 6.
Related questions: My PC played all of Fangwood Thieves - can he now play Season 6 (City of Sails and Shrouds) as part of Gameday? Or do they overlap?
And if my PC tiers up to level 2, he can still join it, right? I think the only restriction is that you can never be more than 1 level higher or lower than what you are playing, correct?
It looks like this table is going to be high tier and it also looks like my witch 16 won't be available until October. There's a couple of seats available at GM Amsheagar's low tier table, so I'll move over there. Thanks for considering me and I look forward to playing at your table another time.
Please go ahead and remove me from the table when you get a chance.
Steven Schopmeyer wrote:
Aid characters will receive a boon, in the style of other similar scenarios. Their numbers will be recorded on the chronicle and copies should be included with the aid characters.
So does it matter what level the Aid characters are, or having a balance between different character types, or are the particulars of the aid characters irrelevant?
Upon reflection, I'm most interested in playing this at the top tier with Agata, my (about to be) level 16 witch. The problem is that she's currently in a PbP game of Iron Gods that seems to be bogging down. I think we are in the final fight but posting has become very slow so it's quite possible she won't be available by the time Gameday starts.