GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...

Silver Crusade and Libety's Edge:

1 success condition


401 to 450 of 1,014 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 101/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

Kali full attacks the no longer turtle lady.

Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (1, 4) = 19
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 4grab attempt: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37
Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (5, 1) = 15
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 3grab attempt: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
If opponent grabbed: Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (6, 1) = 13
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Assuming that first hit and grab did the trick, she is pulled adjacent to Kali.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
HP: 11 of 74

I think if you draw the circle with the square patterns, I'm not quite in it at the start of my turn.

If I am wrong and in the AoE:

reflex: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 = 18
fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 5) = 16
The invisible Lavode falls unconscious at -5 hp.

If I am correct and out of the AoE:

Lavode flies as quietly as he can away from the flaming raven, and drinks a potion.
potion of CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 7, 1) + 5 = 20
Lavode is now at 31 of 74 hp.
stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 20 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 20 - 5 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros did not consume any weird substance. :P
He's on ground level.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Oh. then how did he end up in the middle of the chasm?[/b]

The phoenix lashes out as Boswick enters its threatened space. [ooc]take 17 damage.

The phoenix then strikes out at Lt as he moves away, but misses. He then quickly heals his mantis.

Kali reaches out and snatches the caster off the cliff and holds on tight.

The blue scally takes a defensive posture and continues to get the dust out of his eyes.

Combat rolls:

aoo vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 172d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

aoo vs LT: 1d20 ⇒ 12d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

scallywag will: 1d20 ⇒ 8

GM:

Geppa: 37/84/ grappled
blue-blinded 53/68
Teko-143/157

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
Phoenix
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 2/4
Lavode

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Extract of fly. I wrote "Voros did not consume any weird substance. :P" because you asked "how high is Voros?" and I thought to joke about it but I guess I couldn't make the joke sound right in English ^^

Ref save DC 25: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

Voros dodges the flames and continues his path, going out of the phoenix' aura. Hoping the AoO's won't be to harsh!

The tiefling launches another bombish arrow at the purple guy.

Explosive missile (Bomb infused on ammo) and acid flask: 1d20 + 18 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 4 + 1 = 28
for Arrow and Bomb and acid: 1d8 + 3 + 6d6 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (5, 5, 3, 1, 5, 3) + 13 + (4) = 50


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Voros avoids the flames radiating off of the Phoenix. The bite he can not. Voros tages 18 physical and 3 fire

Voros easily hits the caster with in Kali's grasp. The explosive force melts her face. The ring continues to glow red.

The armored man shouts,"Damn you all" as he sees the female goes limp.

The phoenix's flames lick and burn the armored man. He then pushes past Theo and moves to retrieve his weapon.

Theo takes the opening and lays him open. You manage to do 33 damage to him on the AOO

The phoenix calls out to the group in celestial. "She is dead. Take possession of the ring."

Combat Roll:

AOO vs Voros: 1d20 ⇒ 72d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 101d6 ⇒ 3

Yellow Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 1
yellow fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 5) = 13

Theo AOO: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 341d8 + 32 ⇒ (1) + 32 = 33

GM:

blue-blinded 53/68
Teko-97/157

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Phoenix
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 2/4
Lavode

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Strang shrugs slightly, then flies over to where the woman fell, and takes the ring off her finger.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Dear GM: can I use my AoO to trip him instead of slashing him? if so +28 to trip + haste = CMD 40


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

@Theo, that is fine.

Once Dr Strang removes the ring and slips it on his finger. He feels a mental link form with the Phoenix. It's form changes from a raven to that of a true phoenix.

Dr Strang, you can give it commands now that you wield the ring, and technically, you control it now. Along with controlling it, as a swift action, you can change the energy type of the Phoenix.

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko-prone
Dr Strang
Phoenix
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 2/4
Lavode

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Satisfied to see the damned warrior tripping over his extended falcata, Theodric does not let him hit the stone floor before attempting to ram his buckler into the man's jaw!

Shield Slam, Haste, vs. Prone: 1d20 + 22 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 1 + 4 = 30
Bludgeoning Magical dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 plus free Bull Rush (if size Large or less) using attack roll vs. opponent CMD (push backwards 5 ft. + 5 ft. per 5 pts. of exceedance over CMD)

The attempt is clumsy, and much of the blow is deflected on the man's pauldron... alas, Theodric's buckler shoulder is still numb and his muscles are not responding to his wishes...


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Theo backhands the man with his buckler, forcing him over the edge of the cliff.

Combat Rolls:

fall damage: 12d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 5, 4, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6) = 51

GM:

blue-blinded 53/68
Teko-92/157

Calling this fight.

The Phoenix dismisses his aura and lands in front of Dr Strang. He then bow his head and says in a clear voice, "I am Zeliax and I am yours to command as you hold the ring."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick is just about to take a mighty swing at the phoenix when it suddenly changes form and flies down toward Dr. Strang. Boswick pulls up and lands near the majestic beast.

So you are bound to the ring? Boswick inquires. Is there a way to free you from your servitude?


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Yes. Allow me to take the ring and destroy it. This will ensure that no one can ever control me. Zeliax opens his beak, waiting for an answer.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"We... *coughs!* *spits blood* are glad to have been of service Zeliax. Here. Take the ring and destroy it please. Your enslavement was despicable."

Theodric hands the ring to Zeliax.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The phoenix closes its beak around the ring. In one smooth motion it throws its head back and swallows the ring. I may not be able to leave this cave, at least, you have given me this small freedom The massive phoenix flaps its wings and returns to the bottom of the chasm.

Once the phoenix returns to its roost, the group recomposes and heals themselves, they continue to the other way out of the cave.

A thin, winding passage leads up a steep incline from the massive cavern below to a dead end that is clearly the obscured side of a secret door. The door stands ajar just a crack, but appears to be built into the altar of a small private chapel. Light from stained glass windows above the altar suggests that you’ve reached the surface. Within the secret door, on your side of the chapel, a rough red cloth cloak, heavily stained with blood, and the headdress of the Red Raven hang from a wooden peg in the wall. A basin of water nearby is tinged red and a fresh pot of red paint sits next to the basin.

Please heal yourselves before the next part

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros nods as Theodric gives the phoenix his freedom back.

"Noble thing. Thank you." he says at the man.

He then goes towards Dr. Strang and gives him his own wand of pathfindery feel good.

CLW Wand (8 charges): 8d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6) + 8 = 40

He also drinks an extract to feel more heroic and a green and oozy substance. The tiefling's movements seem really more graceful now.

Extract of Heroism and Dex mutagen, both 110 minutes.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric picks up the fine longsword he disarmed from the armored man, and hands it to Boswick, "There. I believe longswords are your specialty yes? perhaps this could serve as a decent backup weapon if you somehow loses yours... at least until we return to the Grand Lodge..."

Handing his cure stick to Dr. Strang, Theodric lets the resourceful man handle his wounds.

Wand CLW to cover last 28 pts. lost: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 7, 5, 4) + 4 = 28

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

CLW Wand: 7d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 3, 2, 2, 8, 5, 6) + 7 = 41

Boswick takes out his wand and taps away, as the phoenix departs.

-----
After reaching the surface. Boswick speaks in a whisper. The Red Raven's liar lays beyond.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

+2 keen longsword for those who would like to know. And Boswick still has the pale maiden if I remember correctly.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

wand CLW: 9d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 7, 6, 1, 2, 5, 2, 3, 5) + 9 = 43

Grumbling under his breath at his I'll luck, Lavode follows the others.
.
.
.
Stealth, assault, or discussion? he asks in a quiet mutter.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1
Boswick Bumbleberry wrote:
After reaching the surface. Boswick speaks in a whisper. The Red Raven's liar lays beyond.

Voros coughs. "You mean 'lair', right? We don't know if he's a liar yet..."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

LOL - spellcheck doesn't catch that

Umm...yes Lair Boswick responds to his misspoken word.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

"This Red Raven is a local hero" Strang says. "So we might be able to resolve this with words... but, given his disregard for collateral damage in pursuit of his goal, I don't doubt we might have to force him into a position to chat first."

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Lavode mutters to Dr Strange, If you would like, I can call a servant of Desna to assist. She should be able to help keep things from getting more lethal than necessary.
I could cast summon monster VI for a Lillend. Has charm monster and hold person.

While speaking, Lavode carefully looks around the area.
perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Having used up the last of my cure wand I resort to the last few spell slots to heal up myself and Kali.

Heal myself
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 = 15
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 3) + 10 = 21

Heal Kali
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 6) + 10 = 23
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 1) + 10 = 15

"The next magic shop where I have a little Exchange influence, I need to see about picking up a new wand of cure light wounds."

Me +36HP
Kali +38HP

"That fight took a lot out of us, it would be nice to rest and recover spells after the day we've had so far. Also keep in mind that the Red Raven guy that I shot at earlier at the lodge had just finished killing the Venture Captain then vanished, so I'm not exactly in the talking mood with him."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Guys, remember you just have to ask. =) I got spell slots to spare still. =) A few heals are always available. I just have to decide what to replace.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19
LifeTracker wrote:
... so I'm not exactly in the talking mood with him."[/b]

Understood. However, we were sent primarily to learn not to avenge. And it is difficult to learn much from a corpse. Also the other VC's seemed ... uncertain about the supposed victim. Almost as if they suspect he might have done something to deserve the hit.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The secret door from the tunnel leading down into the Raven’s Roost opens into the false facade of an altar in an austere chapel dedicated to Abadar, Master of the First Vault. Numerous lit candles flicker from shelves built into the whitewashed walls, which extend thirty feet to end in what must be some sort of spire or steeple. The upper walls of the structure bear huge stained-glass windows. From the light illuminating their colorful scenes it’s clear you’ve emerged onto the surface.

Two huge double doors on the far wall, about 20 feet away, stand open just a crack, revealing a sliver of the courtyard beyond. Several figures throng the yard, jeering and yelling. Inside the chapel, though, all is quiet.

As you approach the door to peak through the crack.

More than a dozen angry Galtan citizens throng the narrow courtyard of the keep, crowding around a tall wooden guillotine erected on the far end. Four tall, gaunt human men wearing long gray coats and armed with sturdy halberds patrol the angry Mob, keeping the peace while at the same time cheering along with the bloodthirsty crowd. Howls of “off
with his head!”[/]b and [b]“death to the noble traitor!”
emerge from the loud din of the rabble. A richly garbed man wearing an absurd hat festooned with ribbons and badges looks down on the crowd from atop the courtyard wall, unfurling a scroll and preparing to speak. As the crowd shifts to reveal the guillotine, the focus of all the anger becomes clear. Kneeling in the mud, his neck exposed to the guillotine’s blade, is a dark-haired human man dressed in familiar red leather armor.

“Aric of Halvon,” screams the hat-wearing man atop the courtyard wall. “You stand accused as an enemy of the Red Revolution and a sworn foe of the People of Galt. By my decree, you are required to grant us the magical password that grants access to Montrose Keep, so that the ill-gotten gains of your evil nobility can be distributed to the good people of Galt!”

DC 18 Perception:
You notice a smudge of red face paint along the dark-haired man’s chin up to his left ear.

DC 15 Knowledge local:
the masked men patrolling the crowd are Gray Gardeners, agents of execution who operate above the law in the chaotic nation of Galt. Likewise, the man in the oversized hat is clearly a citizen-judge deputized (by someone or other) to carry out executions on behalf of the local government

What do you all do. You have three rounds to decide

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
Mirror Image - 7 images - 119 rounds
Vanish - 5 rounds
HP: 74 of 74

perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

How far is it from where we are to the guillotine?

Well carp! He still has some red face paint on the left side of his face. It looks like if we want to question him, we will first have to save him from the mob.
You want me to magically jump out there, grab him, and jump back?

If none of the group stops me, I will cast the following spells. My current plan is to dimension door out while invisible. Touch him while asking if he wants to be saved (so that he is willing). Dimension door back in here.

Bir! Nechta! Afsun!
round 1 - Mirror Image images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
round 2 - Vanish
round 3 - Dimension Door


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Good plan Lavode...Really like it. As far as the guillotine, I am using the horse cart on the new map. The man is the smiley face. As you can see, he is flanked by one of the gray gardeners.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Oh my." Strang mutters, at the site in the courtyard beyond. "To execute a man with no legal proceedings seems exorbitant"

"Though the irony of this Red Raven persona spouting just such ideals to the people... only to fall victim to them himself, seems fitting somehow."

Why do we care if this guy gets executed? Thought that's what we were trying to do? =)

He glances over at Lavode, as the man expresses his intent. "As soon as he stops being there, they will search here." He glances around the small chapel they are currently concealed in. "We are a little bottled up at the moment."

He shrugs slightly.

Though if Lavode goes through with it anyway, Strang will give him a regular invis, removing the need for Lav to vanish himself, and speeding up the process by a round.

Strangely, I have no proper illusion spells in my book... hmm... I really do have a stunted spell selection for my level


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Sarcasm? Either way, you are supposed to find out the ties between the Red Raven's Operation and how it ties to Adril's Assassination.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Yes, whether the man deserve this mob justice is irrelevant to us, we need to question him about Adril's murder. I suggest Lavode execute your plan, and save the man from execution! Then we'll retreat to the cavern to do the questioning. If the Grey Gardeners are smart enough to find us, we can face them there, where we may even have the aid of our new Phoenix friend. Boswick blurts quickly knowing time is of the essence.

Boswick draws the Pale Maiden just in case.

Go for it Lavode!!!


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Lavode vanishes from sight.

The man on top of wall continues to shout at the man kneeling at guillotine. "Give us the password that will allow us to enter your keep so we end your treacherous ways."

Lavode, unknown to the Grey Gardener's, appears behind the man. He nods subtly his response to Lavode.

Him and Lavode then teleport back to the chapel.

"What! Where did the traitor go?" Everyone hears from the courtyard. "Fan out search the grounds"

Anyone peaking through the crack can see the confusion as the Gardeners look through the crowd. The two guards by the main doors to the keep open them and searches the perimeter. The man by the guillotine and walking in the crowd head towards the chapel.

The judge begins to walk down the stairs.

Inside the chapel, the man breaks his silence, "I appreciate the rescue. Wasn't expecting it from the Society though. No time to discuss things. We may have company soon?"

Okay, we are not in initiative yet, but the guards are coming to check out the chapel. What do you all want to do.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
Mirror Image - 7 images - 119 rounds
Invisibility - 98 rounds
HP: 74 of 74

Lavode mutters, Let us quietly go back into the caves leaving no evidence that we were ever here. If they keep following, we can do something to block them later. LifeTracker, can your friend carry our 'guest' along?

Note: if the he was tied up, I have not untied him.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

The guards were able to open the main keep doors? Then why are they looking for a password to get into the keep?


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

No, they were able to open the doors that lead outside of the walls. Not to the keep itself. Sorry for the confusion. The keep is still secured.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

"If they are unable to breach the building, perhaps we can just transport everyone in there?" Strang suggests. "I'm sure the Raven fellow here could give suitable direction."

between Lavode and Strang, we could easily just pop everyone inside via d-door/teleport. Perhaps just inside the main doors would be a safe spot? Assuming no magical wards...

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Let's all move along to the caves to speed things up. Then Theodric will proceed with questioning. Theo can only be the bad cop so I'll wait for others to try good cop first! ;)

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"Yes Kali can carry him. She can toss him in the saddle behind me."

special language:
Pick up that guy and carry him with us. And no you can't eat him right now, maybe later. He was that annoying red feather guy we were tracking, I can smell him from here. If he "accidentally" hits a wall or the floor, I'm sure that was beyond your control. Let's try to be sneaky though so they don't find us.

To our captive: "My companion is going to grab you now to carry you with us, try to keep quiet and don't act like prey. She is kind of hungry and any little squeals might make her think you're fair game."

special language:
If he makes a sound, pretend like you're going to eat him. See if you can scare the piss out of him.

We will try to be sneaky on our way out.
Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 101/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
I better get to eat this one when we get out of here. He killed that other nice man at the mansion.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 with Stealth Synergy: 16 + 3 = 19

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Would be glad to teleport inside if that is convenient, but might be seen inside by the mob. So perhaps the cave is safer for now.

Boswick leads the group into the caves, as Kali carries the Red Raven in.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

The mob can't get inside... that was the whole point of the interrogation.
They can get into the tunnels... if they find it, and if we can get down there quick enough.,
So seems like ddooring 20' or so north would do the trick

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

I good with it! Nice job, Lavode!

Voros silently follows back the others into the caves, making sure nobody noticed.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The group of explorers make their way back into the tunnels, the man on the back of the giant mantis. He doesn't put up any struggle.

Once back in the tunnels, he takes the moment to talk. "Like I said before, I misjudged the your character. Well after seeing how a leader like Adril handles business, I assumed the rest were like him" He the moves his wrist. "as you can see, I am not armed. Do you think you cut these bindings?'

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - several hours
Mage Armor - several hours
Mirror Image - 7 images - 118 rounds
Invisibility - 97 rounds
HP: 74 of 74

While heading for the caves; Lavode mutters, The keep has magical protections. Otherwise it wouldn't need a password to get in. I would consider it likely that it would also have protections against magical entry. Also, I am getting somewhat low on magical energy to attempt spells that might not succeed. Maybe onto the roof for an entry from the top?

I have teleport. However, teleporting to an unknown location is pretty risky. I could use 5th level slots for dimension door if there are no protections stopping it. Either way, I would have to use one to go there with 4 other people. A second to come back. And yet a third to go with 2 people and a large animal companion.
I am willing to do that if you can get the Red Raven to tell us it is safe AND you can believe him.

To our guest, Unarmed does not mean safe. You are an assassin who butchered a host of unarmed and innocent servants while murdering your target. Of course we're not going to cut you loose.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"I only assassinated my target, who was far from innocent, if you can to untie me, I will explain." he then looks down with remorse, "the others were collateral damage. Unfortunate, but true."

"Once the execution mob leaves or dealt with, I have proof of Adril's treacherous ways in my keep."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

"You killed far more then one person." Strang retorts. "Your lack of concern is telling."

You can tell the doctor is not at all pleased with what the man is saying, or how he has acted to this point.

"And though Adril's involvement might be in question, you will have to answer for all the others."

He is not in support of untying the man. He can talk just fine while bound.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"Very well, if you are so opposed. I will tell you what I know." Red Raven explains that his investigation proves that Adril Hestram murdered the previous lord of the Raven’s estate in Edme, and that he and some very unwholesome associates are up to no good in the Maze of the Open
Road, striking at sites throughout Golarion for unknown purposes. "I am not sure who is other targets were. But, it is assumed that they are all high profile and somehow connected. Again, I have note and the map of the maze in my keep. if you would just take me back there, I can show you."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Let's give our guest a chance. The downside of doing nothing is greater, if he tells the truth. "

401 to 450 of 1,014 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.