GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...

Silver Crusade and Libety's Edge:

1 success condition


551 to 600 of 905 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The smiley face is Keel. There is no art for him in the scenario, so I went with a generic happy guy token. The dagger lands on the opposite side of the bench. Marked with an X

LT:
Of course you can ask Dr. Strang to assist. After all Cooperate is in the core tennant.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Ha! Glad I asked, as I had him pegged for the completely wrong token!

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick pushes forward after the attack on Theodric. Treachery!

He takes a swing at Keel.

Pale Madien +3 Longsword + Power Attack + Vital Strike: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
slashing damage: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (2, 2) + 16 = 20

move to move; attack to vital strike

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Thinking this whole time the conversation was going just fine, I'm shocked it broke out into combat.
I quickly draw my bow (move action) and activate my animal aspects (swift).

attack details:

Using a +1 adaptive seeking veering darkwood composite longbow with cold iron durable arrows, deadly aim, precise shot, point blank

bow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

"I believe the proper phrase is jig, not gig." Strang corrects, as the man claiming to be Keel shows his colors. "Though I suppose the other wording would not be inappropriate in the circumstance." He amends a moment later.

"Still, all the violence is unproductive."

He says a few arcane phrases, pointing towards the man.

Casting Blindness on 'Kreel'. DC 20 Fortitude negates


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Boswick just misses with his strike as Keel ducks the blade.

LT fairs better with the placement of his arrow.

fort: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Dr Strang cast his spell. Keel's eyes go milky white as he loses his vision.

Voros and Lavode

GM:

Keel= 90/110 blinded

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"He looks broken and unarmed now, maybe we can just apprehend him and turn him over to the authorities so he can face punishment for his treachery."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Authorities? we're in Cheliax right?" says Theodric, covering the wound he just received that was wayyyyyyyyyy too close to his heart for his comfort... "He attacked an Earl of Taldor. I don't know about HIS peerage, gentlemen, but I'm sure the Crown of Taldor would rule in favor of one of their son or daughter before putting too much stock in a colonist's complaints... especially with you all as witness to his crime! still, I would extract more satisfaction seeing him squirm before a Taldan or Galtan court than slicing him to bits here and now... I agree to detain him in principle, but I have no desire to linger in Cheliax."

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros looks at the blinded and unarmed man with disgust. He knows the group needs him alive. He charges an arrow with a bomb and waits for Keel's reaction.

"KEEL! You're outnumbered, unarmed and blind. Surrender at once!"

Ready (if Keel doesn't surrender):

Voros attacks Keel.

Explosive missile (Bomb infused on ammo): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
for Arrow and Bomb and acid flask: 1d8 + 3 + 6d6 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + (4, 3, 4, 3, 5, 3) + 13 + (5) = 50

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Just to put him even more at our mercy...

The ground shakes beneath Keel's feet.
tremor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26, if that beats his CMD he is tripped.


The PC's look around at each other and wonder what happens to the helpless and evil Keel they have bested. Does he surrender? Does he fight to the death? Do his household servants come to his rescue?


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

None of the above.

"Ha, surrender to you. Not while I still breath" Keel says.

Voros fires his explosive missile. Hitting the blinded Keel square in the chest.

Lavode cast a spell, shaking the ground underneath of Keel. His legs buckle as he can not steady himself.

From the ground Keel laughs. The ring around his finger glows before he instantly vanishes.

Out of Combat. He activated a magic item to escape.

Spellcraft DC 23 on dagger:
+1 human bane dagger

where to next

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

A small frown works its way onto the doctor's face, as the man impersonating Keel disappears. "Well, that was unfortunate." He mutters.

Any chance of knowing what spell effect was used? (ie: teleport vs dimension door vs ethereal jaunt, et al?

If so: random roll: 1d20 ⇒ 12 (+16 if Spellcraft, +21 if Knowledge (arcana))

He takes a moment to examine the dagger, where it lay on the floor.

Spellcraft to ID dagger: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Looking up after a few moments. "Though I suppose having to leave this behind will have irked him some." He shakes his head slightly. "Specifically enchanted to harm other humans."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Where to next? I'll take a hint at this point... haven't seen you in a week! everything ok?!

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick eyes dart around as Keel vanishes! Let's search the house in case he hasn't gone far.

Boswick moves to the door.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

You believe it functioned as teleport

Moving to the rear of the library, the next door leads to a kitchen. This large kitchen looks as though it was built to feed an army amid an ongoing siege. Several closets and a well stocked larder adjoin the kitchen proper, but contain little of value aside from linens, scullery supplies, and other household miscellany. The larder also contains two halfling-sized cots with threadbare blankets and stained, limp pillows where two house slaves spend each night.

Three halfling slaves peel potatoes and scrub pots in scalding water, and one stands on her toes, stirring a pot on a stove clearly not designed for cooks of her height.

They appear oblivious to what had occurred in the library and barely give you all any notice.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

"Was teleportation magic. He could be anywhere in the world now." Strang offers, with a frown. "Had hoped for something with a bit shorter range. Still, there might be useful info elsewhere in this abode, so yes, lets give it the once over."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric approaches the slaves. "Ladies and gentlemen, you have been given your freedom. Now you need to help us find that thing your ex-master Keele was using to make the garden portal work. Help us open the portal, then you can all escape out of Cheliax with us!"

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros grits his teeth. He nods and says "We should look for evidence in his desk."

Joining word to action, he goes to search it.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

On the desk you find nothing out of place or to suspicious but the book he put down before you all arrived. You see the book contains lithographs of various women, fey, and extra-planar creatures in ever increasing states of undress.

"What Portal." One of the slave chimes up.

"No idear what yer talkin bout" Squeeks another.

Whatchu mean we got out freedom?" The furthest one away ask Theo.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Teleportation! He could be anywhere, but he could still be here. I suggest a through search. Boswick will search all around the lower level, looking for any possible secret doors or if there is a basement entrance?

But as Boswick is bad a perception, he will likely need some help.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Too many people seem to have magical means of escape. For the future, I would suggest we not try to call on opponents for surrender. If we want someone alive. Knock them out, strip them of magic items, and have one of us ready to nullify any casting (I can counterspell with Dispel Magic). Then maybe we can get a hold of someone to question. Agreed?

For now, lets lock this place down. No one enters or leaves the grounds until we are ready to leave.

To the halflings, We beleive that to have been an imposter that used magic to take the place of your formere 'master.' Knowing the way Cheliax responds, I would expect the authorities to blame you for not realizing it was an imposter. If you want to take your chances here, you are of course free to do so when we leave. If you want to exit Cheliax with us, we will try to take anyone with us that want to go. Each of you can decide for yourselves.

Ok GM, I don't know how much you do or do not want to handwave for searching the place. So I will give a quick overview. If you want more detail on anything specific, please let me know.

Lavode summons several elementals and speaks to them in their own language. Go search for opening that are not easily visible. Open spaces under the earth. Cracks that water can pass into that it shouldn't. Spots where the air flows unexpectedly. I do not care if some dirt is tracked around, water spilled, or curtains ruffled.

This is a GM call kind of thing. Some allow earth elementals with their earth glide to find open spaces in the ground. Spill water on the floor and let the water elemental track where it goes. Open windows and let the air elemental follow the breeze into all the nooks and crannies. If you don't allow it that is fine. If allowed, I will use all 8 3rd level spells for Summon Monster III for 2 castings of earth, 3 casting of air, and 3 castings of water. (I'm not yet to the point of summoning fire to burn down the house.) each casting will be 1d3+1 small elmentals.

Lavode searches every room and hall on the estate (including any out buildings). Using his wand to augment his ability to search. Along with a brilliant light from his Wayfinder in Keel's bedroom.

Wand of heightened awareness 10 minute duration. Just let me know how many charges you think I would use. Wayfinder of Revelation in bedroom. Invisibility  Purge and everyone will get a +10 to perception checks for 6 rounds.

perception bedroom: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36
perception office: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26
perception other 1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
perception other 2: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
perception other 3: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Anything that looks like evidence, clues, or just interesting gets stuffed in the bag of holding.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Helping to look around the place with Lavode I auto assist on perception checks giving him +2 to all rolls. Hopefully we find the missing part of the gateway which is the part I'm most concerned about finding.

When I have a chance I find Dr. Strang to have a private conversation.

Dr. Strang:
I have this note that I'm unable to decipher as I lack linguistics skills. Could you help me out with translating this for me and keeping the contents private between us? This is some private business with my faction but they ill-equipped me to handle this on my own.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Strang follows Lavode as he works his way through the manor.

"Hopefully there is some clue to who that fellow was... or where he or Adril ran off to." He says, cheerfully, seemingly more interested in checking out the house.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

"I can't imagine that the man impersonating Keel stuck around, that would be foolish at this point, but perhaps he kept notes." He chuckles, clearly thinking that rather foolish as well.

He casts a quick arcane divination, to aid with the search.

Cast Detect Magic, so we don't miss any magical clues (or traps) as we look about.
If needed:
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"The master has been acting a bit strange lately since he had dinner guest three nights ago." A female halfling pipes up. "Rumor has it, he made a deal with a powerful devil"

"His room has also been really cold lately. Matter of fact, it started around the same time as the dinner guest got here"

The parties investigation eventually leads upstairs. As describe by the halfling, the air up is drastically colder than the cozy environment of the library.

lavode:
The slaves seem to agree with the freedom thing, but will not openly leave. You have instilled the idea to them though. You elementals report nothing out of the ordinary. The ones you sent upstairs however, do not make it back.

I placed you all outside of the next room. Just let me know when you are ready to head on in.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

So far my associates have found nothing. However, none sent upstairs have returned. We should be careful going there.

Before going on. I will renew my heightened awareness from wand (+4 init), magic circle against evil 4thlv slot, cast communal protection from energy cold, and bless.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2
My PFS Lavode De'Morcaine wrote:


cast communal protection from energy cold,

Excellent!

Boswick looks at the others, Ready? Once he gets a nod from everyone he throws open the door.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric will drink an antitoxin and antiplague, as well as activate his ioun stone before going up: Protection vs. Evil 12min. At top of the stairs he will use his cloak to activate Expeditious Retreat (1 min). Is the communal protection up to 120 points of cold protection?

"Let's do this!"

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19
Theodric de LaMontagne wrote:

... Is the communal protection up to 120 points of cold protection?

correct and duration is 20 min

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Right before everyone starts casting some buffs, I bring out Kali and explain to her what has happened.

special language:
Turns out that the guy were were meeting here was evil and you missed a good fight. But then he teleported away before we could catch him. I bet you could have grabbed him but that probably wouldn't have stopped him from getting away. We should have just stayed outside in the garden, it looked kind of nice out there. Anyway we're about to go in the room which the little appetizer* sized people running around here said was cold. Not sure why that is important, but here we are.

*Kali likes sizes referenced by how big of a meal they are, appetizer (gnome/halfling), snack (human), meal (large things)

Then I cast a couple spells on her, Greater Magic Fang and Strong Jaw. Then one on me Gravity Bow.

special language:
Once those door open, charge in there and try to grab anyone in there so they don't get away.

"Kali will charge into the room once you fling the doors open and try to grab anyone in there."


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 104/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
Appetizer said it was cold, go in room an grab anyone I see. Got it.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

LT, you do not even wanna try and talk it out. haha.

GM:

CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) + 5 = 16

The doors are locked, but I assume you all bust you way through.
Boswick pushes the door aside.

A sheet of ice covers the floor of the opulent bedchamber, and the walls drip with layers of glittering rime. Soft, faint light through the frost-covered windows accentuates icicles dripping from a canopy bed. Your breath condenses before your eyes and hangs in the air momentarily before dissipating. An ornate fireplace occupies the east wall, and burns with cold, blue fire. On the opposite wall, you can barely discern the shape of floor–to-ceiling bookshelves under the thick frost that has transformed the room into an ice cave. A desk and several salon couches lay overturned in the middle of the floor.

On the bed sits a large insect like monstrosity with a wicked spear sitting across his lap. Keel kneels before it, gravelly for forgiveness. Flanking the bed are two hound like creatures, sitting sitting still as statues.

Combat Rolls:

10d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 4, 5) = 351d4 ⇒ 3
kali reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

LT sends Kali into attack.

The moment Kali moves into the door aggressively, the hound reacts instinctively protecting his master. It opens up its maw, releasing a massive cone of cold. Kali takes no damage. Made the reflex save with evasion.

initiative:

Boswick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Voros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dr. Strang: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
LT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Lavode: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 4 = 11
Theodric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Insect: 1d20 ⇒ 7
hounds: 1d20 ⇒ 201d20 ⇒ 10
Keel: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Ice counts as difficult terrain. Acrobatics DC are increased by 5 due to the ice
Bold May Act
Blue Hound
LT & Kali
Insect
Boswick
Lavode
Kell
Red Hound
Voros
Theodric

GM:

Rysus Soth: 56/110 Blinded


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

knowledge planes DC 23, insect:
Is is an Ice Devil also known as a Gelugon. DC 28 gets a question and then an additional per 5

knowledge planes DC 19, hounds:
It is a Cocytan Hound. DC 24 gets a question and then additional per 5

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Umm.... I'm not on the init tracker! I feel left out.
Though looks like I beat, LT, and he's up... does that mean I'm up too?

Knowledge (Planes), bug: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Knowledge (Planes), puppy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
curious about resistances/SR, and then perhaps special attacks?


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Whoops. That you are. The Hound, being all decked in blue fire is immune to cold. No SR. And it has a 30ft cone cold breath weapon

Ice counts as difficult terrain. Acrobatics DC's are increased by 5 due to the ice
Bold May Act
Blue Hound
LT & Kali
Dr Strang

Insect
Boswick
Lavode
Kell
Red Hound
Voros
Theodric

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

I am a little troubled that a 27 gets me nothing on the bug thing... CR 18+? ouch.

The doctor stays back from the door, not too enthused to get blasted by whatever the cold effects are.

He calls a quick prayer to Anubis, and everyone feels a strange magical power building up inside.

Casting Blessing of Fervor on everyone. Check out the spell folks, you get a choice each turn on which of the effects to utilize.
For his part, he will take the +2 to AC and reflex saves option this round

He then steps behind Theodric, back to the wall, and draws a rod off his belt.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Just a note on Knowledge checks: Monster Lore - A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you recall another piece of useful information.

So if you succeed on a check you receive a piece of info as well. Not just by succeeding by 5

Also possibly a CR13, as 10+13=23

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

I always assumed the first bit of useful info was the basic name/type stuff... and a general description =)


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

I did forget to put the type in. The they look exactly like what I put up on the slides. For the devil; outsider (devil, evil, extraplanar, lawful). For the hounds; outsider (evil, extraplanar, fire, lawful)

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Fire on the hounds? But they're breathing cold... that's new!


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 104/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

Fervor: attack, AC, reflex
Kali seeing the icy floor decides to just fly over it for the dog thing and try to grab it. Let me know if you feel I need a Acrobatics check but that is much less than half the speed she can travel.

Claw: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 2 = 37damage: 2d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 11 + (2, 5) = 24
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 1grab attempt: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 = 31

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Fervor: extra attack
I five foot step over into the doorway and have a look. Swift action activate my animal focus (Bull, Tiger) Then fire on the Blue one Kali is hitting.

attack details:

Using a +1 adaptive seeking veering darkwood composite longbow with cold iron durable arrows, deadly aim, clustered shot, precise shot, rapid shot, point blank

bow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3) + 13 = 21
bow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 = 21
bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 1) + 13 = 20
bow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 = 21 Fervor


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

@Dr Strang. The fire is a copy error. Replace fire with Cold. They are reskinned hellhounds with some extra umph.

@Kali, no need for the fly check. Flying less than half speed is a DC 10. Kali can not fail that.

Combat Rolls:

spell: 13d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 4, 6, 6, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3) = 35
LT spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Kali Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
LT Reflex: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Kali flies up to the hound and lands the hit. It fails to grab hold though.

LT miss all but one of his arrows.

The devil hovers over to get a direct line on the doorway. He then blast a torrent of cold over Kali and LT. Kali evades it all. LT takes 17 cold, which is absorbed by your protection

Ice counts as difficult terrain. Acrobatics DC's are increased by 5 due to the ice
Bold May Act
Blue Hound
LT & Kali
Dr Strang
Insect
Boswick
Lavode

Keel
Red Hound
Voros
Theodric

GM:

Rysus Soth: 56/110 Blinded
Blue Hound: 81/126

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs
mage armor - 12 hours
ant haul - 12 hours
magic circle against evil - 120 minutes
bless - 12 minutes
communal protection from energy cold - 20 minutes

Mening chaqirig'imga farishtalar keladi! Jang qilish uchun yomonlik bor!

Lavode stays where he is, out of the sight, and begins casting a longer spell. Summon Monster VI

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick taps his armor, divine power begins to flow through it. He then retrieves a potion of feather step and downs it. He feels nimble on the icy floor as he steps into the doorway.

swift - activate crusading (AC 32, 33 v. evil outsiders), move to retrieve an item, stand to drink the potion, 5' step

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

special language:
Move your big butt out of the doorway so the rest of us can come in!

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Just like to point out that that was the worst initiative roll for a pbp game, ever. npc, 2 people, npc, 2 people, npc, 2 people
Talk about slowing the game down. Ick.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Combat Rolls:

cold damage: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 5, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 5) = 36
kali reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Keel hears the fighting take place and draws a shortsword.

The second warhound moves forward and covers Kali in cold. The Mantis' lucky streak continues as she evades the damage.

Ice counts as difficult terrain. Acrobatics DC's are increased by 5 due to the ice
Bold May Act
Blue Hound
LT & Kali
Dr Strang
Insect
Boswick
Lavode
Keel
Red Hound
Voros
Theodric

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

special language:
Oh yah, get that smiley faced one, he was the jerk that started the fight earlier and then magic'd away.

551 to 600 of 905 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.