GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...

Silver Crusade and Libety's Edge:

1 success condition


501 to 550 of 902 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Condria hisses, "If I knew what was held over me, I would have found some way out of it by now"

And yes, way beyond scope of the mission. But hey, everyone gets a reward for not attacking the Medusa. Kuddos

Giving a bit longer for others to chime in. Plus, busy at work. No time to pull up the scenario tonight. Happy Halloween Everybody


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Last post didn't go through. My internet has been spotty last couple days at the casa. Let's try this again.

Condria leads the group towards the Chelish portal, being sure to stay in front of the party, as to not expose them to her curse. "Here you are. Adril has went through the portal three nights ago and has yet to emerge. "

Stepping through the portal in the Maze of the Open Road, you feel a light tugging on your entire body, as if you are being pulled in every direction at once. Whether in limbo for only moments or an eternity you can not tell, but you step unscathed from the portal’s mate, finding yourself in the shadow of a red and black marble gazebo before the ominous shape of the portal behind you. A traditional Chelish garden surrounds the structure, and the form of a sizable manor house rises from behind a row of topiary bushes. The grounds appear to be completely enclosed by a high, granite wall.

A well-tended garden occupies the entirety of grounds, filled with impressive topiaries and an intricate mosaic path displaying cleverly hidden Glyphs of the Open Road among the randomly patterned designs.

The gate itself takes the shape of a simple ebony archway covered in bloodstone carvings in the shape of thick, thorny brambles. On the left side of the portal, amid the intricate vine relief, half of the Glyph of the Open Road has been carved into the stone.

DC 15 Perception or Craft (stonecutting):
reveals that a corresponding carving has been hewn from the right side of the portal.

DC Knowledge Arcana 20 opens following spoiler

Spoiler:
ascertain that pressing both sides of the glyph activates the portal. And with the right side of the glyph missing it operates only from the Maze side, not the other direction.

Half a dozen slaves—four halflings, one human, and one tiefling—occupy the garden, rigorously tending the landscape. They exhibit signs of shock when they notice the PCs exit the gazebo, but they do not interact with the PC's and continue about with their task.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Sorry everyone! Between my daughter's sickness and work, I couldn't take as much time as I wanted for pbp.

Before leaving the lodge, Voros downs two extracts.

False life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 and ablative barrier.

Once on the other side of the portal, he quickly understands what the carving is auto-success on both checks.

On a monotone voice, Voros says:

"Pressing both sides of the glyph activates the portal. And with the right side of the glyph missing, it operates only from the Maze side, not the other direction."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"So, we're stuck here?" asks Theodric.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick nods to Theodric, It would seems so, but perhaps our considerably talented arcanists, can solve how to repair the portal. But first let's attend the business at hand.

Boswick walks over to the slaves, Excuse me? Is the estate of Eddington Keel? And if so is your master at home? We have important business to discuss.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros nods.

"Indeed."


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

A halfling nods, "Yes, it the Keel estate. However, I have not seen the Master in a few days. That is not unusual though." He says shrugging and making sure not to make eye contact.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28

Strang takes a moment to examine the runes on the portal, confirming Voros' comment.

"Well, if what we learned is true, this would apparently be the home of one of the elusive Decemvirate..." He frowns, than adds. "Or at least was. If Adril came here, I doubt it was with good intentions."

"Let us go make our introductions." He adds, turning towards the front entrance of the manor house.

Will cast greater false life (for 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 5) + 12 = 19 temp hp's) and mage armor

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric inspects the state of the slaves outside. Getting close to one of them, he says, "When we're done here we can take you all with us to a place where you'll get your freedom. I happen to know someone who needs several employees at a decent estate in a free land... Spread the word to the others quietly and get ready without raising suspicion. However I've been around long enough to try to liberate someone who doesn't want to. So what will it be, friend?"

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
"Hmmm that is odd that someone would destroy the carving. I'll take your words for it that you know how it worked or that we might be able to repair it. That is quite a bit beyond my skills though I might be able to assist if the fates are favorable that day."

GM:
Seeing the slaves I look closely to see if any of them resemble a Keleshite man. Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 But realizing that he is probably inside and not outside I keep an eye out for him as we travel in the manor. If I do see Muhar I will try to make contact secretively.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

LT:
You see the man pruning some roses in front of the main steps. Unlike the other slaves, he does not avoid eye contact with you and nods. As you walk over, he speaks in a hush town. "What you are looking for is in the Parlor. Behind a framed map. It has been coded. Take it with you and get it figured out". After that he walks away, towards the shed.

The tiefling speaks up at Theodric's suggestion, "trading one master for another, no thanks." The other slaves just walk away from Theodric, ignoring what he had said.

Dr Strang approaches the front step.

Do we knock or go strait in. The door is unlocked, just FYI

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Umm...

Strang was not raised in a barn. Of course he knocks! =)


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

You never know with those intellectual types.

Dr Strang knocks on the door. You a metal clang come from behind the door, soon after it opens, revealing a halfling in red livery. He opens the door wide and gesture the PC's inside with a low bow.

Inside, the PCs find a marble-tiled entryway under an elaborate, flame less chandelier. A massive painting on the north wall depicts a host of devils bowing before a towering aspect of Asmodeus, while the southern wall features a portrait of famed Pathfinder Durvin Gest aboard The Silken Purse. Two sets of wooden double doors flank a wide stairway leading up to the second floor; both are unlocked.

"Should I announce you arrival to Master?" The weary halfing asks.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric shakes his head at the slave's refusal to take a chance with liberty. For many, he thinks sadly, Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose...

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs
mage armor - 12 hours
ant haul - 12 hours
heightened awareness - 10 minutes
will use another charge for heightened awareness

Of course you should announce us. We are the Society Investigators.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Very Well The halfing says and takes off towards the door, east of the staircase, never looking up.

The halfling is gone only a few seconds before reemerging from the same door. "Master will see you in the library. Through this door.". He gestures towards the door he went through. "Now, with your permission, I would like to get back to my duties." The halfling goes to the brush and bucket by the stairway and resumes polishing the marble floors.

Will move you to the library. LT, let me know if you have Kali our for this. I know some characters do not like bring large companions inside of places like this.

Ceiling-high bookshelves line the walls of Habermorrow’s library and several rows of lower shelves take up half of the center of the room. Lush couches provide a comfortable place for readers to lounge, while several reading tables stand empty but inviting for eager researchers. Lamps employ flameless torches, illuminating the room in bright, even light. Unlocked doors lead to the foyer, kitchen, and parlor. A stylized portrait of Keel—a tall, dark-haired man with thick, slanted eyebrows and a slightly crooked nose—hangs on the wall over an unlit fireplace. The library’s books cover a plethora of subjects and date back millennia in some cases, but none radiate magic or seem particularly valuable.

When you enter the library, a man, matching the description of the painting, is reclined behind a desk. He quickly places a book on the desk and stands.

"Agents from the Pathfinder Society. To whom do I thank for this visit?" He says chuckling to himself.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Before entering the manor, expecting foul play, Boswick offers a scroll of Barkskin to LT. I believe you can cast this with little trouble. If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could cast this on me.

----
Once inside the manor, Boswick studies the action of the halfling slave.

Are you in charge of the rest of the slaves here? He doesn't press the halfling if he doesn't answer, simply trying to gain an understanding of how things work in Keel's slaving operation.

----
After Keel introduces himself, Boswick's face clearly shows his surprise the man is alive, but he doesn't let on the same with his words. Thinking to himself, If Keel is alive, then perhaps he is in league with Hestrem rather than a victim, proceed carefully.

Boswick Bumbleberry at your service, Boswick gives a nod of the head. Well I guess you have Adril Hestrem to thank; he disappeared from Woodsedge Lodge, quite unexpectedly, and we are trying to find him. Evidence pointed to Cheliax. So here we are, have you seen Hestrem recently?

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros grits his teeth at the sight of enslaved halflings. The group can sense he's being very tense.

He mumbles to them:
"Cheliax and its ignominy. Many years I've fought them. And slavery pushed me into being who I am now. Especially slavery against halflings. Halflings are the purest souls on this wretched world."

Two tears drop from the mummified tiefling's eyes.

Coughing to regain is composure, he follows the group, staying silent.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

@GM I will cast carry companion on Kali before we enter and carry her little statue around. I almost wanted to leave her in the garden but she would probably scare all the slaves and they'd never finish their work.

@Boswick, "No problem, any time." CL 12 so 2 hours

GM:
I make an excuse to use the bathroom or outhouse (whatever passes for a restroom here) and see if I can quickly locate the parlor and retrieve the message unobserved.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

GM:
You are able to locate the Parlor and the coded messages with ease. Now, you need to make a Linguistics check to decipher it.

Will post more later.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs
mage armor - 12 hours
ant haul - 12 hours
magic circle against evil - 120 minutes
heightened awareness - 9 minutes

On the way up the stairs, I will cast Magic Circle Against Evil on myself. The will cast Detect Magic and concentrate to keep it going. I will let the others talk while I see what there is to notice and check out any magical emanations. I will stop before the Circle touches Keel.

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

"I can assure you, halflings souls are no different than most others." Strang will comment, to Voros' offhand remark.

As they are lead in to meet Kreel, he gets momentarily distracted by the books... clearly what he finds interesting not entirely in line with others.

Eventually though, he joins the rest to meet the lord of the manor, looking around carefully as he does, feeling some of Boswick's unease.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

"Doctor Menes Strang." He says, introducing himself. "I must say, it took some doing to find our way here. We're certainly glad to see you are fairing well."

Whether the man is working with, or oblivious to, the machinations of Adril he is not sure.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Keel nods, "Of course I have. Adril is a dear friend. He has actually be staying here quite frequently these past week"

Dr Strang:
You know he just lied.

GM:

1d20 ⇒ 12

He looks to Strang, "Quite well thanks" And then turns his attention back to Boswick. Why the interest in Adril?"

Lavode, are you still detecting magic while talking to Keel or do you stop? I know you said you stop. I am not sure if that means moving or casting.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Sorry, I stopped moving. I want to keep concentrating on the Detect Magic for now. I will let the others talk for the moment to keep my spell going.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Excellent! Boswick replies.

Well I'm sure Adril would have told you about the Red Raven incident, then? Boswick wants to see how Keel reacts to this.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric paces around the room while his colleagues talk, looking for a jade bracelet.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros stays silent and looks at the man with his piercing eyes, trying to discern any lies.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Keel gives Lavode a stern look, "Will you stop with the chanting. This is a library after all and we are trying to have a conversation."

keel looks at Boswick confused. "The Red what?" he then chuckles slightly, "Something with that title I would remember"

Boswick:
Keel does not seem to be lying

Lavode:
You can tell that the man is loaded with magical items. That is what 1 round will get you

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Yes, I'm surprised Adril did not mention that he was assassinated by the Red Raven, when last we saw him he was dead! Then his body disappeared and since you have seen him, he's clearly alive. Do you know anything of this? Boswick in his straight forward approach gets to the point. He knows Adril didn't tell Keel about the what happened with the Red Raven, if they were working together it seems he likely would have, but since he didn't maybe Keel doesn't know what's up. But Boswick still thinks something strange is going on.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"What happened to your side of the maze gate in the garden? We noticed the damage when we came through."

While mentioning the outside and the garden, you all might notice me absentmindedly stroking/petting the little statue of Kali I carry like it was a baby I'm caring for.

GM:
I'm untrained in linguistics (and that is a roll you make for me in secret, Intelligence +1) but if I can't figure out what it says (Wisdom +2), then I'll seek secret help from my fellow party member (Dr. Strang) if possible. I wanted to ask my fellow tiefling for help but he seems a little too opposed to slavery and from what I gather, this note probably has something to do with the slave trade.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs
mage armor - 12 hours
ant haul - 12 hours
magic circle against evil - 120 minutes
heightened awareness - 9 minutes

Hmm... Ok, that is a legit interpretation. Never heard it before though. Everyone else has always assumed that the verbal component was just the casting, not the concentrating. I kinda like it better that you have to keep using the components while you keep it going. So I will let the spell drop.

Since Boswick is doing so well, Lavode let's him continue.

At a lull in the conversation, I am impressed by the diligence and motivation of your staff. No overseers, yet they are still working industriously. Do you handle your own training? My estate is not nearly so large, but I could still use some competent help. Nothing seems to happen without my direct oversight.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"Assassinated? He looked in good health to me" Keel says keeping his eyes on Boswick. "I already told you that I do not know anything."

"I myself disabled the portal. I got tired of people coming through unannounced." He says somewhat dismissively, "I will reactivate it when I am ready to"

"Staff?" Keel chuckles, "You mean my slaves. Of course they are well behaved. It is in their best interest to be."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick looks around to the others questioningly, as Keel's latest answer makes little sense, since the disable portal prevents people from leaving not entering from the Maze of the Open Road. So he decides to keep up with that line of questioning.

Good health, well that is good to know. I see about the portal, So have you had a lot of people coming through unannounced? Who exactly has come through? It may help us understand why Adril was attacked. Boswick eagerly inquires.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"Who I have visit me is my personal business." Keel sneers, "But, if you must know. It is mainly used by your superiors."

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

That's odd... Our 'superiors' acted as if they had never been here. And how does disabling the exit sigil prevent people from arriving? I can assure you, the sigil for coming to this place works just fine. We had no trouble using it.
.
.
.
Where can I get some slaves that have had the same training?

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric didn't know whether Lavode was serious or just trying to fish the man for information, but regardless, he doubted the man would entertain his inquiries much longer... Theodric's instincts were now telling him to reach for his weapon, but he willfully ignored these thoughts and would place his faith on those trained in the games of diplomacy. For now...


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"To my knowledge, Hestram is your superior. A Venture Captain." Keel answers, talking down to Lavode. "I am beginning to think you are not real agents. If you are, not very good ones."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

And who are you in the Society, I'm beginning to wonder? Boswick scratches his chin.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*
GM Z..D.. wrote:

Keel nods, "Of course I have. Adril is a dear friend. He has actually be staying here quite frequently these past week"

"Let us not devolve into pointless bickering, gentlemen. Mister Keel, you have been more than accommodating thus far, and we thank you kindly. If you don't mind I'd like to follow up on some of your answers. You say you've seen Adril frequently as of late. When was the last time you saw him, and did you notice something odd about his appearance or behavior? You also say your garden gate is mainly used by our superiors. Which ones commonly make use of your garden gate? any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated, kind Sir."

Theodric hesitates a few moments, and adds, "Oh, and do you also happen to know Lord Teppin Montrose of Galt? do you know if he is a good friend of Adril? we've been thinking of checking with him next to find Adril's whereabouts..."


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"I am but an ally to the society and you will do well to remember that" Keel responds to Boswick now showing signs of frustration.

He regains his composure and responds to Theo, "As I mentioned before, I have seen him in the past week. Maybe a day or two ago. He seemed fine and certainly not dead or undead, as you all believe him to be. As for those who use the portal, it is not my responsibility to keep a running roster of who comes through."

"Lord Teppin Montros of Galt." He scratches his temple, "Name sounds familiar, but no, I do not have any news of him"

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

How about news of Durvin Gest? Boswick asks.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

I recommend that everyone rolls a Sense Motive on Keel's answers...

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Theodric waits for Keel to responds to Boswick.

After several moments he adds, "You say you are a friend of Adril yes. He has been suspected of a crime by the Galtans and they sent a killer after him, if you must know. This is a fact and we have all been witness to this murder, Venture-Captain of the Woodsedge Lodge included... yet, the man now inexplicably walks among us and you as witnessed by you a day or two ago... However several high ranking members of the Society believe Adril incapable of such treason. What say you? Do you have knowledge on any contingencies in place to bring him back to life should something happen to him? such information may be useful in knowing where to look to find him and exonerate him from such accusations..."

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 95/82 | DR/- 45/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros stays silent. He still watches the man, thinking he lies with every breath he takes.

Sense Motive (on the last answer): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Trying to follow the conversation ...
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
... sound normal to me.

"Adril is alive, is murdered, body goes missing, you see him, we're looking for him. I'm ready to head back outside and start looking for him somewhere else if we can get a lead to the next place to look."

GM:
Any resolution on the linguistics using help of one of my party referenced here

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

With a smirk, I suppose that depends upon how you define 'good agents' doesn't it. The tasks I have been set, have been completed most satisfactorily. However, if you mean 'body and soul dedicated to the everlasting glory of the Decemvirate?' That isn't really me. The Society is a means to an end. A way to gather contacts and influence while forging a name and place for myself.
As for who my superiors are... I have received assignments from a number of individuals within the Society. At times in the past, Hestram was one of them. But not for a while. This day our orders come from Captain Petulengro.

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"huh.Those are some weird circumstances" He says moving towards Theodric. "Well. Guess the gig is up" He then plunges a dagger into Theodric's ribs.

Initiative:

Boswick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Voros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dr. Strang: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
LT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Lavode: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Theodric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Keel: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Combat Rolls:

Attack vs Theo FF: 1d20 ⇒ 201d4 ⇒ 12d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 77d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 4, 4, 5, 4) = 28
Critical hit: 1d20 ⇒ 11d4 ⇒ 3

Theodric takes 36 damage and needs to make a DC 18 fortitude save or you are dead. If you save, you just take the damage

Party may act

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Fort 18 or die: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

"Tsk tsk... shortcuts can only yield short-term gains..."

Theodric tries to flick the dagger away with his buckler.

Greater Disarm, Buckler Catch: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (2) + 31 = 33 CMD

If disarm successful, weapon lands 15 feet away from its previous wielder, in a random direction ==> random direction; 1 is towards Theodric: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The dagger flies from the man's hand. Beats it by more than 5 but less than 10 if it makes a difference

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Where did the knife land?

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Oh, and what's the smiley face on the map?

501 to 550 of 902 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.