GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...

Silver Crusade and Libety's Edge:

1 success condition


651 to 700 of 1,007 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

"Um... no... we killed the person who was pretending to be her partner." Strang corrects.

"As for Kreel himself, his remains are frozen across the floor here, I'd wager." He points to the frozen bits of flesh on the ground. "It is more likely the devil, Adril, or the the man posing as him, were responsible there."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

didn't the giant mantis just make a snack of Kreel? I'm confused... that was a 'false Kreel'?

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

Yes... did you not read the bit about his face changing once we took off the circlet of disguise? =) Hell, the whole reason a fight broke out, is because you guys caught him up in his attempts at pretending to be Kreel.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Sorry, I was away this week-end but I'm back now.

Voros grumbles as he hears the news and reads the journal. He nods to go through the portal. Once everyone is ready, he drinks five potions before heading off.

Drinking Freedom of Movement ; Echolocation ; Heightened Awareness ; Heroism, each one lasting 110 minutes and a Dex mutagen, also lasting 110 minutes.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*
Dr. Strang wrote:
Yes... did you not read the bit about his face changing once we took off the circlet of disguise? =) Hell, the whole reason a fight broke out, is because you guys caught him up in his attempts at pretending to be Kreel.

Ah, splendid. I thought Kreel was just a bastard at this point. :)

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

Ya, I think he's just Adril (and whoever he's conspiring with)'s latest victim.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Upon stepping from the portal—a framed portrait much like the one you entered in Cheliax—your lungs fill with foul smelling smoke.

As your eyes grow accustomed to the thick air, you find yourself in a smoke-filled wicker hut, looking out a doorway at a cyclopean monolith in the shape of an upraised six-fingered hand several dozen yards away.

Turning back to look at the way you came, the portrait is one of Eddington Keel. Several slashes mar the canvas.

This structure shows clear signs of struggle and ransacking: the contents of several chests have been emptied onto the bed and the floor, and a mirror on a small dressing table has been shattered. Rudimentary scrawls and handprints in blood and mud cover the interior south wall.

DC 20 Knowledge Religion:
You know that these are stylized holy symbols of Angazhan, demon lord of apes

DC 15 linguistics:
You decipher additional words and symbols referring to “The Change,” “The Blessing,” and “His Bride.”

As you step outside, you find yourself on an isolated beach looking out over a massive lake. This small group of huts is surrounded by dense forest.

The wicker huts all have thatched vine roofs and packed earth floors; their windows and doors are covered by tanned hides hanging loose from
the tops of their frames. Whoever raided these huts also set fire to them only to have a passing rainstorm quickly put it out.

On the other side of the hut you just exited, a 7-foot-diameter wicker wreath stands at an angle behind Kyalla’s hut, mere feet from the lake. A Glyph of the Open Road is woven in the wicker wreath on the right-hand side.

DC 18 Knowledge (arcana):
You identify it as another portal

Inside the other huts are scattered corpses stripped of all valuables. You easily identify these humanoids as Pathfinders except one.

Heal DC 15:
most died from spear wounds, while others appear to have been ripped limb from limb by a creature of incredible strength

DC 15 Religion or Local:
The one body's dresses as a cultist of Angazhan, demon lord of apes

The final hut you come across is soggier than the rest. It's south wall is completely destroyed. A shelf containing waterlogged books stands against the north wall; most of the books themselves were knocked into the mud in the fracas. A table in the center of the building has been upended and now rests on its side, its contents strewn across the floor. Among the mess, the PCs discover Kyalla’s field notes detailing information about the camp’s central ruin, local religious practices, and the Mwangi Expanse in general. Additional hand out added. The notes were dated two days ago. Slide number 15

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Know Religion DC20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Yep
Heal dC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Yep
Know Religion DC20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Yep

Angazhan, demon lord of apes! Boswick recognizes the evil symbol contained in the scrawls and handprints of blood and mud.

Examining the corpses Most died from spear wounds, while others appear to have been ripped limb from limb by a creature of incredible strength! I think we may have some kind of monstrous ape on our hands.

He examines the one non-Pathfinder, This one is a cultist of Angazhan.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*
Quote:
Angazhan, demon lord of apes!

"Great," says Theodric, reflexively beginning to rotate his left shoulder. "That means I'm probably going to end up in a death wrestling match with one of them again. Remember the tunnel? Any of you has a spare of one of those freedom, slick hog of slipperiness spells you all use in the back rows? matter of fact, any other spell tricks would be welcome before we get there... I'm starting to feel these expeditions in my bones weeks after they're over..."

Realizing he's complaining like an old man, he suddenly shuts up and smiles. "Actually if we survive this whole mess, I'm throwing a three day Gala at my estate for all of you and your families. Then I'm taking a long break. Perhaps a few months. It's time for me to find a Mrs. de LaMontagne and invest time and gold into my County holdings."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

can't fail any of those

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36
Linguistics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Heal: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (14) + 28 = 42
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26

Followup later... =)

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Does any one see a body of Kyalla here? I would expect a member of the Dedemvirate to leave a pretty good showing with many enemy fallen about her. Maybe she is still alive somewhere. Lifetracker, can you or Kali find any signs of travel of anyone other than the invaders? If not, we may have to track them down and see if they have captured her.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Once the good doctor has shared his knowledge with the group...

"I didn't. I'll try to look for tracks as well."

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (8) + 25 = 33

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

Strang studies the area with a scholarly eye.

"Certainly not the most auspicious of scenes." He says, confirming Boswick's observations.

"It would appear Miss Kyalla was leading a Society expedition of some sort, studying these ruins... when they were attacked." He puts the notes down, gazing about speculatively. "Though she was apparently expecting Hestrum, I misdoubt she had any more idea of his murderous intentions than Kreel did. So whether this was all the part of these cultists she mentions, or Adril, is unknown. But he has proven to have connections with these demon worshiping mwangi in the past... so it wouldn't surprise me if he had some part in it, regardless."

"The scrawled writing inside the hut is a bit troublesome though. If Kyalla was captured, her fate might prove worse than those who died here." He shakes his head slightly. "We should try to find her, and any others, as quickly as possible. The notes mention a cave complex to the west, which might be the cultist's base."

He points to the large wicker wreath. "That there is another portal. Given that the entry point for the last, the painting, is badly damaged, I am not so sure it even functions anymore. The wreath might be are only way out."

He goes to study the wreath, trying to determine if it was damaged too, or if it is still functional.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Dr Strang realizes that the portal is still functional, but some magical item to activate it.

Voros finds a lot of tracks on the ground, but the recent rainstorm has washed away any trails. Missed the survival check

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric helps Voros and looks around to see where the trail picks up.

Survival assist, DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

"Try heading west a ways, see if we can't pick it up." Strang suggests, frowning at the mud. "If they are in the caves mentioned, there is likely a raised elevation to mark where it might be."

Survival, aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Remember, you get a +2 if you have a wayfinder =)


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The wayfinder bonus is only to avoid becoming lost. Not a static

With the help of Theodric and Dr Strang, Voros is able to pick up the trail, that indeed heads west into the forest.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Excellent! Let's head west and see if we can rescue the Lady from the Cultists.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

Hmm.. for some reason, I thought it was a +2 to follow tracks... guess not!

Strang says a quick arcane spell, and takes to the air... or at least rises a few inches above the muddy ground, seemingly content to stay near the ground for now.

Casting Overland Flight

As they get closer to where these caves might be, he will add a few more spells to help.

Will add a Heightened Awareness and a See Invisibility

Also have an Air Walk, if someone needs the ability to gain some elevation... and a Fly spell, though the duration is much shorter on the 2nd

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Raises hand shyly, imagining how cool Air Walk would be... :)

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

"Yes." says Voros, already heading west.

Voros will take care to watch the surroundings for any traps.

with a +25 bonus perception. In case of combat, he'll dismiss Heightened Awareness for a +4 on the init roll.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Sorry super busy with work.

"Theodric remind me before we get to where were going and I can cast Freedom of Movement on you if you'd like. It would last 2 hours."

Looking for tracks. survival: 1d20 + 17 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 6 = 30 That'a'way.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"I shall remind you, Tracker of my Life! ;)"

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

"We can at least keep you out of the mud, in the mean time." Strang offers, waving his jackal-headed staff before the Taldan man. Shortly, Theodric's steps take him just above the jungle floor.

Air walk it is. just under two hours. So as we get a little closer to the caves.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

As we get closer and Dr. Strang does his spell casting on Theodric, I also cast Freedom of Movement on him. lasts two hours

I also use up a couple charges of the new cure light wounds wand to heal up from the last fight.

Me:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 49 charges remaining
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 48 charges remaining
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 47 charges remaining

Kali:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 46 charges remaining
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 45 charges remaining
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 44 charges remaining
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 43 charges remaining
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 42 charges remaining

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric thanks Dr. Strang for the spell, and respectfully requests that he uses Theodric's wand once or twice to finish closing his wounds.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Oh yeah couple heals for Bos too.

Wand of CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) + 3 = 12

Boswick readies for what's ahead.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The Pathfinder's head west into the jungle. Following the trail as it curves to the North. After about a half hour of trekking through the jungle, a massive cave mouth appears. It's 50 foot entrance covered in thick vines.

How do we approach?"

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

As they come near, Strang finishes the remaining buffs he had prepared, then pears through the jungle foliage, trying to ascertain what they might be up against.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 = 32

"Should be the spot." He observes, "But I would have expected more guardians."

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros drinks one more extract as they approach the cave and stays on his guards as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 + 2 = 33

Freedom of movement, 110 minutes.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Do you want me to call forth a creature to spring any traps?

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Sure, but it's a 50-foot entrance... I'm sure whatever lives there don't need any trap... and it's probably aware we're here, with my full plate clanging all the way here... unless one of you is trained in the sneak arts, let's just call it out shall we?"

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

"Seems doubtful someone would trap their main point of ingress." Strang says quietly, apparently agreeing with Theo's assessment. "Well, unless they're not home, I suppose."

"Perhaps a decoy would be prudent." He adds, with a glance at Lavode.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

If Theo or anyone else calls out to try and bring the big bad out, Lavode will immediately begin casting a Summon Monter VI spell.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"Well lets check it out."

I cast Detect Magic from 50 feet away specifically towards the entrance to see if they are some form of magical vines or some other magic awaits us.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

As you approach the caves, nothing seems to stand out. The vines slightly swaying in the wind. LT detects no magic.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"Come on gang, this seems 'perfectly harmless'®."

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Famous last words... thinks the tieffling, clenching his teeth.

"Go on, then, Tracker." he simply replies.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick advances as well, heedless to any potential danger!

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Lavode disappears. But anyone looking closely might see his footprints following Boswick. Vanish spell


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Into the cave then

As Boswick breaks through the last set of vines into the caves, he is met by a troop of cultist. six of them are on the ground with spears angled towards the pathfinders. The other six are clinging to the wall, shortsword in one hand and a vine in the other.

For you flyers, the chamber is 40ft high. The vines do no impede any movement.

Initiative:

Boswick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Voros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Dr. Strang: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
LT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Lavode: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Theodric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
red: 1d20 ⇒ 13
orange: 1d20 ⇒ 5
yellows: 1d20 ⇒ 4
greens: 1d20 ⇒ 1
blues: 1d20 ⇒ 9
pinks: 1d20 ⇒ 14

BOLD MAY ACT
Round 1
Boswick
Voros
Theodric
Dr Strang

Pinks
Reds
Blues
Oranges
Yellows
LT/Kali
Lavode
Greens

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Would have had Lifetracker recast Barkskin from scroll on Bos if it had worn off.

Surprsiningly first to act, Boswick quickly taps his armor to enhance it. He then clicks his Boots of Speed, and takes a big step forward, unleashing the Pale Maiden on the first of the cultists.

Pale Madien +3 Longsword - Power Attack + haste 1: 1d20 + 20 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 20 - 4 + 1 = 18
magical slashing damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Pale Madien +3 Longsword - Power Attack + haste 2: 1d20 + 15 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 4 + 1 = 19
magical slashing damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Pale Madien +3 Longsword - Power Attack + haste 3: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 15
magical slashing damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Pale Madien +3 Longsword - Power Attack + haste 4(haste): 1d20 + 20 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 20 - 4 + 1 = 20
magical slashing damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Swift - activate crusading; free - activate Boots of Speed; full-round attack w/ 5' step

Well there was some crap rolls...lol

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Before entering the cave as the others finalized the approach strategy, Theodric slammed back an antitoxin and an antiplague. When the advance signal was given, he drew his bow to cover Boswick's advance into the cave, and shifted his hat of disguise to take the appearance of a lightly armored, nimble elf archer.

Upon entering the cave and seeing Boswick engage the spearmen, Theodric launches three smoke arrows from his position against three of the ones clinging high upon the wall.

+1 Adaptive Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
smoke arrow, piercing magical dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

+1 Adaptive Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
smoke arrow, piercing magical dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

+1 Adaptive Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
smoke arrow, piercing magical dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

smoke arrow:
A smoke arrow trails smoke as it flies, and creates a 5-foot cube of smoke where it strikes. It otherwise functions like a normal arrow in terms of damage, range, and so on.

smoke:
A character who breathes heavy smoke must make a Fortitude save each round (DC 15, +1 per previous check) or spend that round choking and coughing. A character who chokes for 2 consecutive rounds takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. Smoke obscures vision, giving concealment (20% miss chance) to characters within it.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

Strang calls upon Anubis, as he raises his jackel-headed staff into the air, and fills his companions movements with extra vim!

Casting Haste... Will hit everyone.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Please confirm whether Air Walk from the Doctor and Freedom of Movement from LT have been cast on the way to the cave or not. Thanks!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +26 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life

Air walk was cast on Theodric, yes

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros gulps down an extract of displacement.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

@Theodric yes you got two hours of Freedom of Movement back here as we approached the cave.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Boswick steps forward and lands two of the four strikes.

Theodric launches smoke arrows.

Dr Strang and Voros take time to buff.

Solid pink moves up and thrust at Boswick and misses.

Outlined pink swings across the room and attempts to stab out at Boswick as he goes by. Kali takes a snap at the human, but misses.

Red moves forward, Kali manages to grab hold of this one, she pulls him in and takes a bite. Kali takes 4 points of damage from the vicious amulet. And now is grappling with Solid Red

Red jabs Kali in the shoulder with his short spear. It pierces her thick enhanced skeleton. Kali takes 13 damage

Outline red swings by boswick and the spear glances off the armor.

Solid blue moves up, avoiding Boswick, and attempts to free the other cultist from Kai's graps. His spear does nothing.

Outline blue swings by Boswick, whose armor holds up.

Orange moves up and strikes at LT and misses.

Outline orange spends the turn coughing.

Solid Yellow moves up and strikes out at Boswick twice. Missing both times.

Outlined Yellow scurries out of the smoke bring his vine with him.

Combat rolls:

solid pink vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 151d6 ⇒ 3
solid pink vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 151d6 ⇒ 4

outline pink vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 171d6 ⇒ 6

kali AOO vs pink: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 261d6 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 182d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 51d6 ⇒ 2

kail AOO vs solid red: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 251d6 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 172d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 101d6 ⇒ 1
Kali grab: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37
manidbles: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 181d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 102d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 71d6 ⇒ 3

solid red vs Kali: 1d20 ⇒ 191d6 ⇒ 5

outline red vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 191d6 ⇒ 5

solid blue vs Kali: 1d20 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 6

outline blue vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 2

solid orange: 1d20 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 5

outline orange for: 1d20 ⇒ 5

solid yellow vs bsowick: 1d20 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 5
solid yellow vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 171d6 ⇒ 3

outlined yellow fort: 1d20 ⇒ 17

BOLD MAY ACT
Round 1
Boswick
Voros
Theodric
Dr Strang
Pinks
Reds
Blues
Oranges
Yellows
LT
Kali-grappled
Lavode

Greens

GM:

Solid Green- 15/56
Outline Orange- 45/56
Outline Yellow- 42/56
Outline Green- 46/56

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Hmm... These guys don't seem to be having much effect on my people. Doesn't seem like I need to break out the avatar grade spells. But I think I can still interfere with them a bit.

Sen Ajoyibsan! Lavode reappears and a flash a sparkling shimmering motes appear over 3 of the opponents.

Glitterdust on yellow, red, and orange. Will save DC=22 or blinded

651 to 700 of 1,007 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.