GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...

Silver Crusade and Libety's Edge:

1 success condition


301 to 350 of 892 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 104/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
*gestures to make air quotes* "Later" that is always your answer to everything. "We'll talk later" but later never happens does it.

You see Kali making the air quotes again.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

special language:
Don't worry later we'll have lots of snacks.

"I swear having an animal companion is sometimes worse than having a girlfriend. And it really interferes with your love life."


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 104/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
Oohh snacks. I am felling a little hungry, those other ones in the pit tasted like chalk, but I still have a couple of yummy snacks from the house place earlier. Can we have snack time after this battle?

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

special language:
Yes we can have snack time after we get through this so focus first on the fight, then snacks.

"It's also like have a toddler that is easily distracted by shiny objects or food."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Could you mark where the grappled invisible critter appears to be?

Strang flies around the corner, trying to get a view of what or who they are dealing with, but once there, he still can only see the summoned demons... the other still invisible.

He ducks back behind the wall, and casts a quick arcane spell, summoning a small spectral hand to his side.

Casting spectral hand


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

@Dr Strang, yes I will indicate.

LT plants the giant ape with three arrows, while Kali continues to hack away at the legs with her claws.

Da'Tunga drops, it's breathing ragged, the slowly stops.

GM roll:

secret: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Player Status:

Kali: 59/95
Voros: 71/76 (DR 5/- (15/50)) Displacement
Theo: 99/124

GM:

Naga: 53/114 79NL-Unconscious
Condria: 32/192
Green Warrior: 48/95 - prone at the bottom of pit
Yellow: 69/95 - bottom of the pit
Blue Warrior: -57/95 - weapon broke/dead/bottom of the pit
Black Warrior: -46/95-dead
Red Warrior: -16/95-dead
Da'Tunga: dead


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"You thought you demonic pestsss could hold me. Hahaha. They will be more statues from the garden."

Those of you that see the two demons notice they no longer look like they are grappling any one.

Pathfinders go

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

GM, they lost their grip or they look like statues?

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Giant monkey went down easy!

Boswick flies into the area with demons, looking around for what might be there.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Move to move (45' of 60'); if I see something I'll fly (if with 15') in to attack; if not ready an attack if I see something adjacent to me.

Attack or Readied Attack:

Pale Madien +3 Longsword + haste + Power Attack + Vital Strike Prayer: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 1 + 1 = 21
slashing damage: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (8, 8) + 16 = 32

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

"Well, that's irritating." Strang observes, as the invisible foe escapes the area yet again.

He tries to get a sense of where it might have gone, as well as trying to listen if the summoned demons spot her.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

Hmm.. never thought about the fact that babau's have constant see invis active. Handy!


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Sorry, they just lost grip of what they were grappling and can no longer see it. They are not statues.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"We're going to fan out and search for the invisible one."

special language:
You go forward a bit and try to find the hidden one. Try to close your eyes and use the little squeaky bat voice to find the invisible one. You might hear me and Voros, but just focus on finding the hidden one.

I close my eyes and try to focus myself on the echolocation sounds and move into the south room by Boswick. (single hasted move 60')

If I see/hear the hidden foe along my path (marked on the map with red arrow, and red circles of radius 40' echolocation range) I call out the location while moving closer to it (within 30' point blank range), then fire an arrow at the target. (Feel free to delete the red marks after this is resolved and move me as needed.)

attack details:

Using a +1 adaptive seeking veering darkwood composite longbow with cold iron durable arrows, deadly aim, clustered shot, precise shot, point blank

If target found:

bow: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

If I don't see the enemy on my first move action, I will double move towards the north where Kali is currently heading.


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 104/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
I hear Voros right over there. he sounds just like a little squeaky bat. And you too, It sounds funny.

Kali moves forward a single hasted move using her echolocation hearing for a hidden foe. If she detects the foe, she will go straight for it and attack. (Feel free to delete the green outlines and move Kali to the enemy if appropriate.)

If target found:

Claw: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25damage: 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (2, 2) = 14
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 4grab attempt: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
Magic Circle Against Evil - 120 minutes

Lavode shouts in Abyssal to the demons, Spread out and find her again! You and you, get rid of the magic that makes her unseen. Surround her, trap her, pin her down, that's an order!
I'm not sure what they can or can't see to move the icons, so feel free to move as seems appropriate to you. 2 are ordered to try to use dispel magic on the invisibility. 2 are ordered to try and grapple.

To the others, Do any of you see tracks or hear anything to give us a starting point looking for her? perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

readied action:

If the Babu demons or anyone else give me a pretty firm location, I will hit the area with a Persistent Glitterdust. Will try to not hit allies, but I don't mind hitting the demons to light her up. Range is 220 ft and two will saves vs DC=22 or be blinded. Even if she makes the will save, we still can see the fabulous outline.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric will delay until he can see a foe


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Lt and Kali move up, but can not spot anything.

Boswick moves over and can see where the struggle took place, but not tracks leading away from it.

Lavode commands the demons to hunt.

Babau:

dispel magic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

One of the demons teleport and lands 50ft behind Lavode, by the arch. The other one sulks around the corner and grumbles somehting points a crooked finger towards the other babau.

Lavode cast another peristent glitterdust at the area where the babau is pointing its spear.

save:

2d20 ⇒ (7, 13) = 20

The outline of a feminine figure is exposed and covered in dust.

Voros and Theodric to act

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Thanks to his haste enchantment, Theodric moves incredibly fast to the other side of the feminine figure to block her path, and using his spider climb enchantment, he sticks to the dungeon walls right past the westernmost babau towards the end to avoid the female's strange powers...

Double Move, Haste, Spider Climb -- Speed 60 ft.; Climb 50 ft.

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"What are we looking at fellows?" says Theodric, not sure what kind of creature this is...


Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
Magic Circle Against Evil - 120 minutes
Summoned Babu Demons - 10 rounds

Lavode questions the demons in Abyssal, That should have worked. What are you seeing? Is it a ghost?

GM, Lavode is trying to figure out what is at work here. Did the statues become flesh and blood? Maybe petrified victims that were un-petrified and dominated? Were they moving stone? Animate object? Some rolls in case they are usefull.
knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Sorry, it is exposed. It was a typo. I corrected the original post. You see the female with the snake outlined in glitter dust. On slide 5

It is a knowledge nature actually

And to clear things up. The victims were turned to stone, but then shed its rocky shell and attacked. You think it was dominated. It was a supernatural ability so it could not be dispelled.

knowledge nature DC 17:
It is a medusa. DC 22 gets a question and an additional question per 5 you beat the DC

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 90/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Seeing the lady with his true eyes for the first time, Voros doesn't hesitate, moves quickly and charges a bomb and an acid flask on an arrow once again.

Explosive missile: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 1 = 33
for Arrow and acid and Bomb: 1d8 + 2 + 1d6 + 6d6 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (3) + (1, 5, 1, 3, 3, 6) + 13 + 8 = 52

BA-KOO-OOM

Quite not the scholar this time, Voros then wonders what kind of creature it was.

Is it a medusa?: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

"IT'S A MEDUSA! BEWARE!" he shouts.

special attacks, resistances?


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Voros launches an explosive missile and it lands at the feet of the figure. It explodes and drops her instantly.

A moment later, you hear a voice from the bottom of the pit. In Polyglot. Only language they speak "Let us out of this pit"

In the area around the Medusa you find her bow and some magical armored bracers.

Bracers DC 22 Spellcraft:
Bracers of Armor +4

Bow DC 25 Spellcraft:
+1 Shocking Burst Longbow

Out of Combat...Just need to wrap up what you intend to do with the remaining combatants and the Naga.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Strang looks at the medusa curiously, then places a blanket over her head.

"I do not believe she can still affect us once she has died." He explains hesitantly. "But there are enough myths out there that hint otherwise, that I see no reason to take the chance."

He shrugs slightly, then takes a moment to examine the items of import on her person.

Spellcraft vs bracers: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 1 = 37
Spellcraft vs bow: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 1 = 25

"The bracers are quite formidable protection, though I don't believe they'd function any better than the armors and protective spells we already have in place." He points towards the bow. "The bow, it appears to have a minor enhancement, but has been combined with a significant electrical charge... if that's your thing."

He then goes over to examine the naga again.

Heal: 1d20 + 26 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 26 + 1 = 40

"Hard to tell if the effect that was compelling her... him?" He shakes his head, clearly not sure. "This creature. It is hard to tell if it will wear off in a timely a fashion. Though perhaps we could use those mwangi folks in the pit as a control group. Could someone check on them?"

He takes a step back, examining the naga with a puzzled frown. "Don't suppose anyone knows how to secure a large snake-like creature? Would like to wake her up, but can't be too careful, as they say."

He then takes a moment to check on the rest of the party.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Dr. Strang can tell that the Naga is unconscious, but will not be sure of it's mental status until it wakes.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick still on angelic wings swoops down toward the pit.

Kindly drop your weapons and I'll bring you up.

Assuming they do, Boswick grabs and flies them out of the pit. 1 or 2 at a time as appropriate

If they seem cooperative he attempts a dialogue.

How did you come to be a stone victim of a medusa in this maze?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26

If on the other hand they aren't cooperative, he simply leaves them in the pit.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

The pit will end on its own after a minute and a bit.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

They might not know that!

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 90/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

With his previous knowledge roll on the medusa, would Voros know anything about its ability on whether it ends with its death or not?

Voros begins to explains what happened.
"Well, the creature was a medusa, a monstrous humanoid that can turn people into stone..."


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Yes, you would know that it stops working if it is dead and or unconscious.

The men look back and forth at the man with Angelic wings. They begin to swing the chains again. With the language barrier, the diplomacy did not succeed. They only know Polyglot

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 90/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

"With the medusa dead, they all are free from its influence. I cannot help with these people, though. They speak a tongue unknown to me. I have a trick that will allow me to understand them. However, I lack the feat to answer back." he says, shrugging.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

As they swing the chains, Boswick backs off.

Looking from Voros to the others Any one speak there tongue? If not I suggest we move on they dare not attack us, unless provoked I think.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

"They still have the red... in the eyes?" Strang asks, trying to sort out if the domination effect has worn off.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick tries to get a look into there eyes.


Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
Magic Circle Against Evil - 120 minutes

Lavode dismisses the vile creatures back to their own existence.
If you really want to have a quick conversation, I could summon one of the Angel's for a couple of minutes. But I doubt it is worth the effort. We are here to find the assassin, not the antecedents of statue soldiers. The are free of the medusa. That is enough for now. We should move on.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

I swear I'm clicking on the correct avatar. Then when I go back later it shows up as RDA

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

"Not before we talk to this one." Strang says, with a frown, as he points at the Naga.

"It is obvious many folks use this is a path from, or to, somewhere... though given that lady over there, not sure how viable that would be without some sort of collusion."

"Were the ones in the pit still dominated?" He asks Boswick.

If not, then he will try waking the naga, by healing her enough to bring her around.

From previous, the naga appears to have had 61 lethal and 79 non-lethal, with 114 max hp's ... so need to heal 26, and the heals cure double due to the non-lethal... so need 13 healing to get her to conscious.

CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7, 5) + 3 = 17 That should do it

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 90/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros just informed you that the domination effect ends with her death.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Yes, the red eyes are gone. they are just not very friendly.

The naga recovers, groggily at first, but her eyes appear clear. She looks around at the and looks over Dr Strang.

Celestial:
"You heal me even after I attacked. Thank you for showing mercy. I was not of my mind. That wretched sorceress did this. Is she dead?"

The naga raises up to look over at the body of the woman.

Celestial:
"Now I must leave, however, I fear it may be to late. Kyalla must be warned"

The naga then slithers ahead and away from the agents and around a corner.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Before she goes, Lavode calls out in Celestial, Wait, can you tell us if you were placed specifically to stop us or if the medusa just set up here to waylay travelers of this magical path? Also, who is Kyalla?

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 +8 temp hp's | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight, Greater False Life, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Resist Energy (fire, cold), Bless

Strang seems a little taken aback at the naga's haste to leave.

Celestial:
"You seemed a good source of information as to what is going on here." Strang replies. "We are Pathfinders, and this maze is supposed to be ours to traverse. Yet that creature had set up shop here," He indicates the now slain medusa. "And enemies of the society attack us from here, and retreat back to it."

"Can you offer any insight at all?"

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"Gah, can you stop making those sounds, it's like chalk scratching across a chalkboard to my ears. How can you call that a language? That is more like a means of torture."

While they make horrible scritch and scratch noises, I use up the last of my wand to heal Kali.

Wand Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 47/50
Wand Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 48/50
Wand Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 49/50
Wand Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 50/50


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6
HP 104/104, AC 35/T 13/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6, CMB +19/30 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Haste; Bless; Echolocation (65min); Greater Magic Fang (+3, 13 hours); Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
Thanks, that feels better. Why'd they let the big snake thing go?

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

special language:
Beats me but I'm glad I don't have to listen to that horrible noise they call a language. That was really getting to me. Be ready just in case those guys in the pit decide to attack. They aren't very friendly and might be stupid enough to attack a larger force.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"My friend Kyalla, vile plot to assassinate her. Followed Hestram's men from Mwangi here. Then I met with the medusa and came under the affect of her magic."

She has no other information. And this is not part of the story plot.

Will move on this weekend. The only option really is to either leave before the pit expires or incapacitate them. No one seems to speak polyglot


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Moving us on

Eventually, the Red Raven’s trail leads through the winding, leafy corridors of the Maze of the Open Road until it comes to a solid oaken door mounted on what otherwise appears to be a dead end.

The doorway appears to be a portal leaving somewhere. The agents step through the portal with out fear and find themselves in a natural cavern.

before moving on here, what are we doing for see right now. It is complete darkness in the tunnels.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric lights a torch and holds it in his buckler hand.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Kali and I have darkvision so shouldn't be a problem with seeing in here. We also stay adjacent to one another to try to take advantage of the lookout feat.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 90/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 7/7 ; 3rd - 5/6 ; 4th - 3/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros, having darkvision, isn't too bothered by the darkness.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 96/108 | AC 34 29 (FF 32 28 T16 13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 14/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick will use his Shining Wayfinder for light.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Theodric, if you would rather, I will create some lights floating in front of the group. That will leave your hand free for combat.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 36*/ touch 15*/ ff 34*; hp134/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+11*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Thanks! mighty thoughtful of you... I'll drop it at some point if I need my left hand for something. For now, it's already lit and good for an hour or so, so might as well keep it..."

301 to 350 of 892 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.