GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...


351 to 400 of 635 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

Strang has great night vision. He's fine for the nonce. =)

how long does it take to get from the medusa area, to the door?

The doctor looks at the cavern with interest, curious where they have been transported to.

"We could be anywhere." He explains. "If the portal contained the right sort of spells, we could be on the other side of the world, or just a few yards to the east. No way to tell from here."

He takes a few moments to examine the portal with detect magic to see if he can't figure out how far they might have traveled.


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

I will say about another 30 minutes to get through the rest of the maze and 15 minutes walking the tunnels.

The winding tunnel opens onto a high platform overlooking an enormous chamber lit by distant torches and small clumps of phosphorescent fungi. A relatively flat floor about 20 feet below falls away into a black abyss at the center of the huge chamber, bridged by a thin natural span at the center of the room about 40 feet away. Several torches light the bridge, illuminating a tall human warrior in red plate armor pacing nervously, sword in hand. You can just make out the forms of archers along the far ledge, and lurking shadows near the close edge suggest skulking humanoids somewhat larger than an average man. Immediately east of your high platform, about 20 feet below, is a pool of dark liquid, perhaps fed from some natural spring.

The steep, jagged ledge to the north drops into a yawning chasm that disappears into utter darkness far below. A thin bridge extends to another cliff about 30 feet to the north, where human archers in the livery of the Red Raven stand ready with shortbows. About 20 feet beyond the opposite side of the bridge, deeper in the huge cavern, is a natural balcony that seems to offer a commanding view of the entire chamber.

The southern expanse of the huge cavern forms a natural grotto apparently fed by an unseen spring. A pool of absolutely still, dark water extends about 30 feet square in this area. Dark sediment within the water obscures vision within about a foot of depth, making it impossible to guess how deep the pool might reach.

With all the light sources that the PC's are carrying, they are easily spotted by the patrols. Their shouts can be heard, giving the others in the room a warning of their approach.

Initiative:

Boswick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Voros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Dr. Strang: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
LT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Lavode: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Theodric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Bugbears: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Teko: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Scallies: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Greppa: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Boswick feels two arrows sinki into his thigh at the same time, a veil of flame covers the arrow head, burning his flesh. Two more are quick to follow, going above his head. boswick takes 9 damage and 5 fire damage from the two arrows.

Four more arrows come from far away. The first three bounce of Boswick's armor. The fourth finds a weak part in his shoulder. 3 damage to boswick from the second volley.

Both bugbears move forward. Red readies his morningstar.

Combat Rolls:

Green vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 192d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 92d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Green vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 4
Green vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 91d6 ⇒ 6

Blue vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 22d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 72d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Blue vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 111d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 5
Blue vs Boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 201d6 ⇒ 3
blue crit confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 32d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Round 1
Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Lavode
Greppa
LT
Theodric

The only ones for knowledge is the bugbears. Everyone is human.

DC 17 Knowledge Local:
It is a bugbear. Nothing to spectacular.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 12, HP:74 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

We are here to investigate the attack and murder of innocent civilians. If you aren't assassins, we don't need to quarrel with you.

All the maps are blank pages

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 12 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | 50% Fortification | HP: 78/76 | DR 5/- [45/50] | AC: 21 | T: 16 | FF: 16 | CMD: 24 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +18 | Will: +12 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +21 | SM: +10 | 30 ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 20/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 6/6 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 4/4 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 5/5 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Voros thinks quickly, blaming himself for not buffing himself before the fight. He downs an extract that enhances his mind before moving behind Boswick, longbow at the ready.

"Bugbear, nothing special." he says calmly.

Extract of Channel Vigor, choosing the mind.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

Just as a note, Boswick is missing from the init tracker. Should be right between LT and Theodric


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

@Lavode, the maps are correct. We are on slide #1

@Dr. Strang, thank you

The man on the bridge draws his sword, but does not move from his position.

Round 1
Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Lavode

Greppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
1/2E Sorc 12, HP:74 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours

Ok the maps look fine now. Not sure what happened before.

Hold your positions and talk to us. If you insist on fighting us, people are going to get hurt or killed. Is that what you really want?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Ready an action, if someone attacks one of the party, will cast Glitterdust at that person and any close to them. Will save DC=22.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 12 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | 50% Fortification | HP: 78/76 | DR 5/- [45/50] | AC: 21 | T: 16 | FF: 16 | CMD: 24 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +18 | Will: +12 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +21 | SM: +10 | 30 ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 20/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 6/6 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 4/4 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 5/5 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Guys, diplomacy takes one minute to act. It's not a combat situation unless they don't attack us...

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

Oh wait, you're waiting on me! Oops, sorry!

How long has it been since the medusa lady?

"If they wanted to talk, they would not be firing arrows with no warning." Strang admonishes. In response, he says a quick arcane incantation, and suddenly, everyone feels their movements increased.

Casting Haste... hitting everyone!

He then pulls out a small rod, and moves out of the way, so others can get past.


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

It has been approx 45 minutes.

Lavode readies while Dr Strang quickens the party.

The female in the rear of the room cast a spell. Everyone is too far away to identify the spell, but it becomes apparent once black tendrils come from the ground and begin reaching out. The tendrils wrap around Lavode and Dr Strang. Dr Strang takes 5 damage and Lavode takes 7 damage. Both are now grappled.

Combat rolls:

spellcraft Dr Strang: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
spellcraft Lavode: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
spellcraft Voros: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
spellcraft Boswick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

black tentacle cmb: 1d20 ⇒ 1
damage to Dr Strang: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage to Lavod: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Lavode
Geppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 12, HP:74 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
HP: 67 of 74

GM, wouldn't that count as "attacks one of the party" for that person to get glitterdusted?

Bepul bo'ling!

immediate action liberating command on Dr Strange. You get an immediate free escape artist with a +20 competence on the check.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 12 - Init +1*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 34*/ touch 17*/ ff 29; hp116/124; CMD 33 (45 vs. grapple, 42 vs. dis/sdr, 42 vs. trip); F+16, R+13*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40 ft. Current Buffs: Bless, Antitoxin/plague, Expeditious Retreat Speed 70 ft., Protection vs. Evil/Cold120, BoF; CMB +3*, CMD +4*

Theodric decides to pay a visit to the green archer, his magic boots and haste spell easily launching him to the other side!

Acrobatics over 30-foot pit vs. DC 30, Haste, Speed 40 increased to 60: 1d20 + 28 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 28 + 4 + 4 = 43

double move, speed 60, boots of striding and springing; I included the black tentacles squares of difficult terrain in my calculation

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

As a side note: The black tentacles rolled a 1... isn't that an automatic miss for a CMB check? =)

Would we need to make a concentration check to cast Liberating Command at this point?


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

You are correct. CMB is an attack roll, which means it auto fails on a 1.

Lavode, save you liberating command for later. The tentacles failed to grab anyone this round.

Thedric jumps the gap and surprises the archer.

Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Lavode
Geppa
LT
Boswick

Theodric

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 12, HP:74 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
HP: 67 of 74

GM, wouldn't that count as "attacks one of the party" for that person to get glitterdusted?

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 12 | HP 89/100 | AC 34 28 (FF 32 27 T 18 13) CMD 29| Init+3| Saves (F +19,R +14,W +18)| Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30'
Spells:
1st 4/4 (Ghostbane Dirge (DC17), Word Resolve, Hero's Def, Less Rest) 2nd 4/4 (Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resst Energy, Zone Tr) 3rd 2/2(Ang Aspect, Daylight)
Immune charm, disease, fear,
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 4/4, Lay on Hands 13/14, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 2/2, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick trudges through the black tentacles and thanks to haste arrives at the first of the bugbears, smites it, and takes a swing.

Die! Evildoer!

Pale Madien +3 Longsword + haste + Power Attack + Vital Strike + Smite Evil: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 1 + 6 = 27
slashing damage, bypasses DR: 2d8 + 15 + 12 ⇒ (5, 2) + 15 + 12 = 34

Move to move, swift smite evil on red bugbear, std to attack

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 10/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/4, 4th 3/3
HP 54/65, AC 27/T 15/F 22, Init +6, Perc +17, Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +10, CMB +15/30
Active:
Blessing of Fervor: extra attack; Gravity Bow, Cold Immunity (96hp), bless

special language:
Let's get out of these tentacles and go get that one really close.


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6, humanoid shaped "snacks" left 4/4
HP 76/95, AC 36/T 14/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +12, Will +6, CMB +19/31 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Blessing of Fervor: +2 attack; strong jaw (12 min), greater magic weapon (+3 claws, 12 hours), bless, Immunity to Cold 113hp (20 min), Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

Kali flies over to the Orange outline one and attempts to hit it.
Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (2, 6) = 18
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 6grab attempt: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24
If opponent grabbed: Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (5, 3) = 17
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 10/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/4, 4th 3/3
HP 54/65, AC 27/T 15/F 22, Init +6, Perc +17, Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +10, CMB +15/30
Active:
Blessing of Fervor: extra attack; Gravity Bow, Cold Immunity (96hp), bless

Free action quick dismount. Ride (fast dismount): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 vs. DC20

Targeting Green next to Theodric

attack details:

Using a +1 adaptive seeking veering darkwood composite longbow with cold iron durable arrows, deadly aim, clustered shot, precise shot, rapid shot

bow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
bow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
bow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30* damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

*bow crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 damage: 2d8 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (7, 3) + 12 + 12 = 34


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

If you were able to identify with spellcraft yes. However, with the distance penalty and the level of spell, it was a really high DC. I rolled for it and even Voros couldn't tell what it was until it was too late. Your character would not have known if it was an offensive or defensive spell until after it took effect.

If you like, I can have your readied action go off after he spell was cast?


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Boswick approaches the bugbear. The bugbear was waiting, it swings its morning star. Boswick raises his shield and deflects the blow.

Boswick's slice land cleanly against the goblinoid.

Kali flies over and snatches orange up with one claw. She brings the bugbear to her mouth and delivers a vicious bite. Kali takes the 8 damage to herself.

LT fires a trio of arrows. Green crumples to the ground before he can even react to Theo.

Pause right here to see if Lavode wants to glitterdust the cast now or not

Combat rolls:

bugbear aoo: 1d20 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 3

GM:

Red-37/71
Orange- 30/71


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Okay, moving on.

The scally aims for Kali. Lavode quickly reacts and covers the man in glitterdust. His eyes slam shut. But, release the pair of arrows regardless and then fires off two singles in rapid succession. All miss

The bugbears continue their assaults, but can not hit the seasoned pathfinders.

Combat Rolls:

scallywag will: 1d20 ⇒ 9

scallywag #1: 1d20 ⇒ 132d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 72d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
scallywag #2: 1d20 ⇒ 171d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 2
scallywag #3: 1d20 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 1

red bugbear vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 2
red bugbear vs boswick: 1d20 ⇒ 121d8 ⇒ 8

orange bugbear vs kali: 1d20 ⇒ 151d8 ⇒ 6
orange bugbear vs kali: 1d20 ⇒ 111d8 ⇒ 2

Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric
Lavode

GM:

Red-37/71
Orange- 30/71
blue-blinded

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 12 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | 50% Fortification | HP: 78/76 | DR 5/- [45/50] | AC: 21 | T: 16 | FF: 16 | CMD: 24 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +18 | Will: +12 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +21 | SM: +10 | 30 ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 20/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 6/6 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 4/4 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 5/5 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Sorry! I read the notification and forgot to post!

Voros moves quickly, puts a bomb and an acid flask on an arrow and fires!

Explosive missile (Bomb infused on ammo): 1d20 + 18 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 4 + 1 = 37
for Arrow and Bomb and acid: 1d8 + 3 + 6d6 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (6, 5, 2, 6, 5, 5) + 13 + (5) = 55


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Voros, who were aiming at?

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 12 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | 50% Fortification | HP: 78/76 | DR 5/- [45/50] | AC: 21 | T: 16 | FF: 16 | CMD: 24 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +18 | Will: +12 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +21 | SM: +10 | 30 ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 20/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 6/6 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 4/4 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 5/5 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

I was aiming red :) (unless he's dead)


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Well now he is....con dead too.

Red is swallowed up by a explosive mixture. When the flames settle, you find the bugbear is missing an entire section of its body.

The man in heavy armor charges ahead and catches Theo on the right should and cut down deep. Theo takes 48 damage from the critical hit. You also have bleed 8. And Staggered for 4 rounds. If you something to help, let me know.

Combat rolls:

yellow vs theo: 1d20 ⇒ 181d8 ⇒ 6
confirming crit: 1d20 ⇒ 181d8 ⇒ 4
Theo bleed: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

theo fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
staggered for: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric
Lavode

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

Strang flies out of the grasping tentacles, before they can try again, and closer to the combat.

can't move myself at present... As close as I can get to Theodric and the enemy fighter

He draws a slender rod as he goes, and uses it to cast a spell on Theo.

spontaneously cast cure serious wounds on Theo, using the rod to make it a short range spell (reach).
Healing cmw: 3d8 + 11 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 11 = 20 damage, plus removing bleed


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Dr Strang flies (literally) into action. Healing Theo and removing the bleeding Threat.

The female on he cliff raises her fist in the air and shouts,"Zaliex, I summon you" The ring flashes red and a loud screech comes from the bottom of the chasm. "Yes, come and destroy these trespassers so that you Master can fulfill his destiny"

Out of the chasm comes a gargantuan raven. It screeches, the feathers ignite and become covered in flame. It screeches again and an enormous ring of fire traces around the majority of the pathfinders. Lavode is singed by the heat. Takes 1 fire damage

As Wall of Fire. The heat is focused inward.

It screeches once more and streaks of flame rain down from above, catching a majority of the combat in its destruction. The bugbear is vaporized by the inferno.

As firestorm. Lavode, Boswick take 62 fire damage and catch on fire. At the end of each of your turns you take 4d6 points of fire damage. Unless you extinguish the flames, which requires you take a full round action and succeed on a DC 20 reflex save. I did not count any resistances or immunities you may have. If you have a reroll, you may use it. The DC is 24 and please make it the first roll of you next post

LT, Kali and Voros take 31 points of dire damage and avoid catching on fire. I did not take into account any resistances or immunities.

If you begin your turn with in 20 feet of the Raven, you need to make a DC 25 reflex save or take 4d6 points of fire damage.

DC 20 Arcana:
Even though it is the shape of a raven, you can easily tell it is a Phoenix. DC 25 gets you a question. An additional question per 5 you beat the 25.

Combat rolls:

Lavode, fire damage from Wall of Fire: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Firestorm damage: 18d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 1, 1, 6, 1, 4, 5, 2, 5, 1, 5, 4, 6, 4, 1, 3) = 62
Lavode reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Boswick reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Lt reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Kali: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Voros: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Bugbear: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Wall of Fire-Inward

Bold May Act
Scallies
Bugbears
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric
Lavode

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 10/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/4, 4th 3/3
HP 54/65, AC 27/T 15/F 22, Init +6, Perc +17, Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +10, CMB +15/30
Active:
Blessing of Fervor: extra attack; Gravity Bow, Cold Immunity (96hp), bless

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"I don't know what that thing is, but it is sooo hot in here! I can't see the enemies any longer through that wall."

special language:
We need to get out of this and help the others. I'll cast a spell on us so we can resist the fire, then you fly us over to Theodric. Don't worry the flames wont hurt you. Trust me.

Standard action, casting Resist Energy fire(30) with Improved Spell Sharing giving Kali and I both 60 minutes of resistance.

Free action, mounting up quickly: Ride (fast mount): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31 vs. DC20

Urge Kali to fly through the flames: Handle Animal (push): 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 4 = 32 vs. DC 27 She still loves me.
If the bird thing has 20' reach, we provoke an AoO when we fly by. If it has combat reflexes, we both provoke otherwise it gets to pick one.

Ignoring wall of fire damage as I pass through it, doubting it is higher than level 18 to do more that 30 fire damage.

Move action, dismount on the other side.

Also ignoring the reflex save for being next to raven since fire damage will not go through resistance.


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 6/6, humanoid shaped "snacks" left 4/4
HP 76/95, AC 36/T 14/F 31, Init +3, Perc +1, Fort +11, Ref +12, Will +6, CMB +19/31 (Large), Speed 30', Climb 30', Fly 40'
Active:
Blessing of Fervor: +2 attack; strong jaw (12 min), greater magic weapon (+3 claws, 12 hours), bless, Immunity to Cold 113hp (20 min), Bull aspect (+4 Str), Bear aspect (+4 Con), Ant Haul (24 hours)

special language:
Are you sure about this fire, I don't like it, but I trust you.

Kali flys over to the other side and attempts to hit the yellow guy while flanking with Theodric.

Claw: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 21damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (4, 1) = 19
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 6grab attempt: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 1 = 37
If opponent grabbed: Bite: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 = 25damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1, 6) = 13
If a hit: damage self: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 12 - Init +1*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 34*/ touch 17*/ ff 29; hp116/124; CMD 33 (45 vs. grapple, 42 vs. dis/sdr, 42 vs. trip); F+16, R+13*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40 ft. Current Buffs: Bless, Antitoxin/plague, Expeditious Retreat Speed 70 ft., Protection vs. Evil/Cold120, BoF; CMB +3*, CMD +4*

Theodric nods to Dr. Strang in thanks as the sudden and immediate healing magic repairs his artery before the blood had time to squirt out upon the enemy warrior removing his sword.

Still unable, however, to rotate his shoulder and perform any advanced sword-fighting techniques (staggered), Theodric sidesteps to the east and attempts to neutralize the threat at its source.

5-ft. step east, buckler catch greater disarm vs. yellow
buckler catch greater disarm, haste: 1d20 + 31 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 31 + 1 = 33
GM 3-star reroll: 1d20 + 31 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 31 + 1 + 3 = 45 CMD

If disarm successful, weapon lands 15 feet away from its previous wielder, in a random direction ==> random direction; 1 is towards Theodric: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

The Phoenix lashes out at LT and Kali as they fly into its area. Reaching Kali first then LT. Both talons connect. Kali takes 17 damage and LT takes 14 damage. Did not roll fire damage.

Once on the other side, Kali strike with a claw, but the experienced fighter easily deflects it.

Theo manages to disarm the warrior and send his longsword flying.

Combat Reflexes:

AOO vs Kali: 1d20 ⇒ 172d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
AOO vs LT: 1d20 ⇒ 102d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 3/4
Lavode

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 12 | HP 89/100 | AC 34 28 (FF 32 27 T 18 13) CMD 29| Init+3| Saves (F +19,R +14,W +18)| Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30'
Spells:
1st 4/4 (Ghostbane Dirge (DC17), Word Resolve, Hero's Def, Less Rest) 2nd 4/4 (Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resst Energy, Zone Tr) 3rd 2/2(Ang Aspect, Daylight)
Immune charm, disease, fear,
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 4/4, Lay on Hands 13/14, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 2/2, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick bursts into flames as the giant wall of fire descends! He doesn't panic and instead thrusts his sword in air, Iomedae protect me from the flames! and he's bathed in a fiery light. He then touches himself, before finally pulling a potion from his pack.

Standard - cast resist energy (fire) 20, swift - lay on hands, move retrieve potion of fly

Lay on Hands: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 6, 1, 1) = 20
Fire damage for round: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 3) = 15 Take 0

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 12, HP:74 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
HP: 36 of 74

reflex re-roll: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 25 Yeesh! Just barely!

Meni ko'rmaysiz! And Lavode vanishes from sight.

Folio re-roll with +1 from GM star. Greater Invisibility. Flight with celestial wings and haste out and over the chasm.


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Boswick quickly buffs and heals himself.

Lavode burst through the wall of flames and crosses the chasm. Lavode takes 25 fire damage as he goes through the wall of fire

Blue steps out of the flames and waits for the blindness to end.

Combat rolls:

wall of fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

scally reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 3
scally fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 1) = 12
scally will: 1d20 ⇒ 14

GM:

blue-blinded 53/68

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 3/4
Lavode

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 12 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | 50% Fortification | HP: 78/76 | DR 5/- [45/50] | AC: 21 | T: 16 | FF: 16 | CMD: 24 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +18 | Will: +12 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +21 | SM: +10 | 30 ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 20/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 6/7 ; 2nd - 6/6 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 4/4 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 5/5 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

5 fire damage is negated due to his natural resistance (tiefling), 5 other are negated with the ablative barrier.

Voros grits his teeth as fire scorches his scaly and resistant skin. He drinks an extract and flies towards the sorceress.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

"A Phoenix." he says, stating the obvious.

GM:

Special attacks, weaknesses

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 12, HP:74 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

Buffs Active
Ant Haul - many hours
Mage Armor - many hours
HP: 11 of 74

So which circle is the firestorm and which is the wall of fire?


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

I did not do a template for the fire storm. The scale was two 10 ft cubes per level and the Phoenix is at CL 18. The wall of fire is the red circle. I just changed the color. The orange circle around the phoenix is its Shroud of Flame aura.

Voros recalls that Phoenix's are vulnerable to cold. It has no special attacks. But has multiple spell like abilities. It is CL 18. Spell like abilities; Constant-detect magic, detect poison, see invisibility. At will-continual flame, cure critical wounds, greater dispel magic, remove curse, wall of fire. 3/day fire storm (DC 24), greater restoration, heal, mass cure critical wounds, quickened wall of fire

GM Rant:

Why do they equip these people so poorly in the earlier scenarios. No second weapon. They never thought that some one would dare to disarm them. They only give him the longsword, which is now placed on the other side of Theo.

The armored man throws his shield into Teko and attempts to drive him back towards his sword. The Taldan stands his ground and does not give him an inch. Failed Bull Rush attempt. It was improved at least, so no AOO

Combat rolls:

teko bull rush: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
Phoenix
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 3/4
Lavode

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

Knowledge (arcana) re: phoenix: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 Mostly curious about languages it speaks and general alignment, followed by resistances and SR

Strang stares at the Phoenix for a moment, momentarily in awe of the magnificent creature. He certainly had not expected it to appear like a giant flaming raven.

Regardless, he was sure it would be a major threat, so he tries to take out the one that seems to be in control of it.

Casting Baleful Polymorph on the lady with the ring. (Fort DC 21, then Will DC 21)

He then flies off to his left, so as not to be floating over a vast chasm.


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Dr Strang knows that it speaks Auran, Celestial, Common, Ignan. General alignment is NG.

Posting from work computer. Will do longer post when I get home.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Dr Strang, what would you like to have the lady turn into

Combat Rolls:

fort and will: 2d20 ⇒ (2, 13) = 15

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 12 - Init +1*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 34*/ touch 17*/ ff 29; hp116/124; CMD 33 (45 vs. grapple, 42 vs. dis/sdr, 42 vs. trip); F+16, R+13*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40 ft. Current Buffs: Bless, Antitoxin/plague, Expeditious Retreat Speed 70 ft., Protection vs. Evil/Cold120, BoF; CMB +3*, CMD +4*
GM Z..D.. wrote:
Dr Strang, what would you like to have the lady turn into

THIS, has got to be the best and most satisfying question I've seen a GM ask a player! :) :) :)

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 9 ( HP 65/65 + 8 tmp hp| AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +16 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Bleeding Touch 8/8, Bolster 9/9, Command Undead 9/9, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: mage armor, greater false life

Oh, hmm... something slow without hands? =) How about a turtle or a small tortoise?


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Dr Strang cast his spell. Where the female once was is now a turtle.

This actually happened to any enemy in another one of the games I was in. It is hilarious. Same animal too.

So she passes the will save, but still can not cast spells with Vocal, can not speak, or somatic, can not make the gestures

The turtle tucks its appendages into the shell.

The Phoenix makes noise as if laughing at the situation.

Ignanan:
Foolish human, you can not free me if you are a pet.

But then screeches, and the female returns to her true form.

The phoenix then flies up and over the bridge over the combat. Not sure how high Voros is, but the phoenix will be ground level +10

Combat Rolls:

phoenix cl check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

GM:

blue-blinded 53/68

If you are with in the Phoenix's aura at the beginning of your turn, please make me a DC 25 reflex save or you take 4d6 fire damage. Make this save first.

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
Phoenix
LT
Boswick
Theodric-staggered 3/4
Lavode

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 12 - Init +1*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 34*/ touch 17*/ ff 29; hp116/124; CMD 33 (45 vs. grapple, 42 vs. dis/sdr, 42 vs. trip); F+16, R+13*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40 ft. Current Buffs: Bless, Antitoxin/plague, Expeditious Retreat Speed 70 ft., Protection vs. Evil/Cold120, BoF; CMB +3*, CMD +4*

Ref DC 25, Haste: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 --> Fire dmg: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 3) = 17

Theodric winces against the incoming flames and try to protect his eyes the best he can. The flames lick at his armor and the unnatural fire somehow finds its way past the full plate.

"Mighty Phoenix! we are agents of the Pathfinder Society and came here to help! by the grace of Desna, stop attacking us!"

Theodric then attempts to shield bash the man who attacked him into the chasm.

Shield Slam, Haste: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 1 = 37
Bludgeoning Magical dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 plus free Bull Rush (if size Large or less) using attack roll vs. opponent CMD (push backwards 5 ft. + 5 ft. per 5 pts. of exceedance over CMD)
If Bull Rush successful, Theodric steps fwd. 5 feet to keep the enemy swordsman on the edge of cliff

Bull Rush:

You can make a bull rush as a standard action or as part of a charge, in place of the melee attack. You can only bull rush an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you. A bull rush attempts to push an opponent straight back without doing any harm. If you do not have the Improved Bull Rush feat, or a similar ability, initiating a bull rush provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver.
If your attack is successful, your target is pushed back 5 feet. For every 5 by which your attack exceeds your opponent’s CMD you can push the target back an additional 5 feet. You can move with the target if you wish but you must have the available movement to do so. If your attack fails, your movement ends in front of the target.

An enemy being moved by a bull rush does not provoke an attack of opportunity because of the movement unless you possess the Greater Bull Rush feat. You cannot bull rush a creature into a square that is occupied by a solid object or obstacle. If there is another creature in the way of your bull rush, you must immediately make a combat maneuver check to bull rush that creature. You take a –4 penalty on this check for each creature being pushed beyond the first. If you are successful, you can continue to push the creatures a distance equal to the lesser result. For example, if a fighter bull rushes a goblin for a total of 15 feet, but there is another goblin 5 feet behind the first, he must make another combat maneuver check against the second goblin after having pushed the first 5 feet. If his check reveals that he can push the second goblin a total of 20 feet, he can continue to push both goblins another 10 feet (since the first goblin will have moved a total of 15 feet).


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

Theo pushes the man back. His heels on the edge of the cliff.

Bold May Act
Scally
Voros
Teko
Dr Strang
Geppa
Phoenix
LT
Boswick

Theodric-staggered 3/4
Lavode

GM:

blue-blinded 53/68
Teko-143/157

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 12 | HP 89/100 | AC 34 28 (FF 32 27 T 18 13) CMD 29| Init+3| Saves (F +19,R +14,W +18)| Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30'
Spells:
1st 4/4 (Ghostbane Dirge (DC17), Word Resolve, Hero's Def, Less Rest) 2nd 4/4 (Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resst Energy, Zone Tr) 3rd 2/2(Ang Aspect, Daylight)
Immune charm, disease, fear,
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 4/4, Lay on Hands 13/14, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 2/2, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Still on fire Boswick heals himself again, he then downs the flying potion and heads up flying over the Wall of Fire, and straight over to the Phoenix.

You are a creature of good while align with these criminals! There leader committed cold blooded murder! He tries to reason with the misguided creature.

Lay on Hands: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 5) = 16
On Fire damage for round: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2) = 9 Take 0

Swift Lay on hands, standard drink potion, move fly up


Knowledge Checks- -Eyes of the Ten

"You mortals believe that I am voluntarily shackled. You are all greater fools than the one that wears the ring." The Phoenix says, its majestic voice echoing in the chamber.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 12 - Init +1*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 34*/ touch 17*/ ff 29; hp116/124; CMD 33 (45 vs. grapple, 42 vs. dis/sdr, 42 vs. trip); F+16, R+13*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40 ft. Current Buffs: Bless, Antitoxin/plague, Expeditious Retreat Speed 70 ft., Protection vs. Evil/Cold120, BoF; CMB +3*, CMD +4*

Theodric smiles upon hearing this.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 10/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/4, 4th 3/3
HP 54/65, AC 27/T 15/F 22, Init +6, Perc +17, Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +10, CMB +15/30
Active:
Blessing of Fervor: extra attack; Gravity Bow, Cold Immunity (96hp), bless

special language:
Get that other one behind us, she is somehow controlling the fire bird. It looks like Theodric has this one under control.

swift action change animal focus from Bull (+4 str) to Bear (+4 con)
Move action, get away from the reach of that big bird. Provokes an AoO
Standard action, cast a healing spell on Kali.
Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6, 1) + 12 = 20

351 to 400 of 635 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.