GM Pinvendor's Kingmaker 1e

Game Master pinvendor

Location: C37
Current day: Oathday, 21 Gozran, 4710
4710 Calendar

Kingdom Sheet | Roll20 Maps | Quests | Loot


1 to 50 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ Restov .ೃ࿐

You were in Restov for your own reasons when you received a charter from the Lord Mayor of Restov, granting license to explore and map the section of the Stolen Lands known as the Greenbelt.

When you were given the charter, the surrounding areas may have been explained to you. The circumstance and place of explanation, however, were likely unique and different for each charter recipient. Perhaps bar gossip, payment in exchange for coin, or a reliable confidant:

Regions surrounding the Greenbelt (up to player discretion):

The North of the Greenbelt, lies lie the increasingly civilized farmlands and villages of Rostland. There is little wilderness to explore in this direction.

The East of the Greenbelt, the Kamelands, continue to rise, eventually becoming a legitimate mountain range known as the Tors of Levenies. These craggy peaks are dangerous as well, home to all manner of monsters, trolls, and worse - numerous ruins here hint that the Tors were once the home of a strange and towering race of giants. Beyond the tors lie the ragged steppes of Dunsward, claimed by a barbaric tribe of centaurs known as the Nomen.

The southern Greenbelt becomes increasingly dangerous and hostile, with rumors of sinister fey, lumbering owlbears, lizardfolk tribes, and a particularly dangerous tribe of trolls.

And the West of the Greenbelt slope gently away into a large and dangerous swampland known as Hooktongue Slough. This region is infested with tribes of boggards and lizardfolk, but also by dangerous monsters like hydras, nagas, creepy bug people, and worse. At the far side are the rugged hills of the Glenebon Uplands, no less safe with the presence of the barbarian tribes of the Tiger Lords.

Along with the charter, collectively, you and the others assigned were given a Wand of Cure Light Wounds with 50 charges and a poor-quality map (Hex Map link). This map has the territory segmented and measured out but is missing what is in each of these zones.

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

It’s Moonday, the 14th of Calistril (February), 4710. You left snow-covered Restov for an equally cold and wet place. You don’t think it’s likely to snow again until Winter circles around, but the evidence of Spring seems to be a week or two away.

Now you find yourselves (perhaps only vague acquaintances of one another) at a wooden palisade standing 10 feet high. At each corner of the palisade are 20-foot square watchtowers, all armed with a catapult left over from the site’s original use as a border fort. It’s difficult to tell the condition of the catapults from your current vantage point outside the gates. The dirt road that led you here ends at the 30-foot-wide wooden gate. This gate seems to be the only way in and out of the palisade.

Before you have a chance to announce your presence, the wooden gate is dragged open, the doors opening inward. A middle-aged human man appears behind the door and gives you a look over. “You must be the explorers. We got a letter from the mayor of Restov yesterday. Come on inside. My wife, Svetlana, is almost done preparing a meal.”

As you pass through the wooden gate, you enter into what must be the market yard (A1). The inside of the palisade appears to be in a state of repair. You see both old and new building materials holding together the various buildings inside the palisade.

In the market yard (A1) there’s an empty wooden wagon resting near what looks like stables (A3). Further in, there are two long wooden tables framed by long wooden benches that look like they can sit six at each table. A crackling fire pit separates the two.

In the market yard (A1), there are also several wanted posters nailed to the wooden walls. (Quests link) Each poster has an inked illustration relating to the description and the reward listed underneath.

“Guesthouse (A2) to your right. Stable (A3) to your left.” Oleg’s responses are short and straight to the point.

The Guesthouse (A2):
This two-story building houses four straw-stuffed mattresses on the bottom floor and another four in the loft. A wooden ladder provides access to the loft. There’s a wooden plaque painted with the prices on the outside of the guesthouse, reading “5 silver pieces a bed. Meal Included.”

The Stable (A3):
This long building smells like hay and animal. Five 10’ by 10’ stalls line the South side. They all appear empty except for one. There’s a brown and white horse housed in it. When you try to approach it, the horse backs away deeper into it’s stall. There’s a wooden plaque painted with the prices on the outside of the stable, reading “2 silver pieces a stall. Feed, watering, and brushing provided.”

A woman exits from the northwest building, carrying a basket of bread with a bottle of wine snuggly squeezed on outside the cloth. She sets it on one of the long tables and proceeds to pop the cork, pouring the red liquid into glasses. “Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here! I’m Svetlana, Oleg’s wife. Please, have a seat and I’ll serve you some stew.” She bustles over to the crackling firepit and ladles generous portions of a hearty stew into bowls for each of you. The bread inside the basket is covered in a checkered cloth. When you peel back the fabric you realize with delight that it’s still warm.

Oleg mutters something about needing to finish up the repairs to the guesthouse and Svetlana offers to give you a tour when you’ve finished eating.

Perception 14 (Svetlana):
Even though Svetlana mentioned she’s married to Oleg, you notice she’s not wearing a wedding ring.


Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

Somewhere near the middle of the group, dwarfed by the medium-sized people around her, is a gnome riding a small pony. Her large dark eyes are taking in the scene with apparent wonder. Silvery tattoos spiral across her cheeks, but her most striking feature is the multicolored hair that hangs loosely to the middle of her back. The top two-thirds of it are yellow, (not blonde or golden, its definitely yellow), while the bottom third gradually changes to red. A bright orange streak behind her ear goes down the full length. Her clothing by contrast is surprisingly simple: a grey cloak over a green tunic, dark brown trousers, and leather boots. The only jewelry she's wearing is a thick wooden bracelet around her left wrist.

Lucky dismounts near the stable, lightly patting her pony's neck. "We made it Shamrock! To the first outpost at least. The last outpost? No, the only outpost. Because finding places for more is why we're here!" Shamrock, (a handsome chestnut pinto), nickers his agreement. Looking over to Oleg she asks, "Should I pick a stall for him or do you want to do that? He's a sweetheart. Pickles bought him for me. Said I needed a pony because I certainly wasn't going to be able to carry everything myself!" From the amount of gear sticking out of saddlebags (and the comparative emptiness of her backpack) Lucky is taking full advantage of Pickles' gift.

Once Shamrock is situated she bounces over to introduce herself. "Hi! I'm Lucky Bignoodle. It's wonderful to meet you both." She beams up at Svetlana as she takes a bowl of stew. "How long have you lived here? Do you see a lot of travelers?"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik is quiet as he rides into the fort, but his eyes sweep the place warily. He seems road-weary as he dismounts. He pauses to give his dog's ears a ruff - dog seems as tired as he is - and says "Hey Malki, we made it." He takes the time to look over the wanted posters, and then focuses his attention on Svetlana as she pops out to see the visitors...
Uses studied target on Svetlana
perception (svetlana): 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 28 vs dc 14
1 rank +3 trained +2 racial+1 wis+1 studied target


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

"Thank you"; Erik is happy to take the stew, bread and wine. He sets to with a will; after a few bites he adds "This is good!" When Svetlana offers to show them around, he's happy to take the tour.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Doot


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Rhiann takes in the sight of the old fort with a sigh of relief. It had been a long ride, here, and the idea of not spending another straight day in the saddle was very welcome. As the gates open, and their group is bid welcome, she dismounts along with her new companions.

Relatively tall for a human woman at just over 6’1, and blessed with lean yet well-defined muscle, while maintaining a degree of shapeliness, she stretches for a moment, before moving to greet the trading post's owners. Dressed in dark shirt and breeches, covered by a chain shirt of blackened steel, and a heavy winter cloak, the tall pale woman cuts an impressive profile in the bleak daylight of dying winter.

"Thank you!" she says, taking her horse's reins and leading the grey mare in the gates. Settling her horse in one of the stalls, she joins the others as Svetlana brings out hearty fare of stew with fresh bread, her moth watering at the thought of something better than hard tack, dried fruit and jerky, after slid week of travel. Setting aside the large, dark bladed polearm she'd removed from her saddle, she takes a seat, tucking into a few bites as she takes in both their surroundings, and new hosts, as well as gages the reactions of her companions.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Elizabeth gets out of the wagon with a little umph. So many miles traveling from Kaer Maga has brought her to this point, a little trading post that offers the chance for a new beginning. After so long being the unfavorite in a criminal family, she has the opportunity to live amongst nature and grow new gardens.

A ball of fluff jumps off the wagon and trots near, Fifi was also happy to stretch and sniff as Elizabeth tethers her horse. As the owners of the trading post greet her, she nods and smiles. Thank you for welcoming us, and for the food as well. she settles in for some bread and stew which is a excellent change from rations.


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Like most of her companions, Alyssa is visibly relieved that they have finally reached their destination. Some shelter and a warm meal would be most welcome after spending the last days on the road in such inclement weather.

She smiles back at the owners and dismounts along with her companions, leading her white mare towards the stables, picking an empty stall and giving her a few pats on the neck.

"Thank you for bringing us this far, Mirin. Rest now, you certainly deserve it after such a long road."

She then heads back out and joins the others at the table, gratefully accepting a bowl of stew.

"Thank you so much Svetlana! A warm meal is just what we needed after our journey here."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

As the party moves into the palisade, Oleg leads Shamrock, Lucky's pony, to the stables. Rhiann leads her own grey mare behind. Oleg swings a padlock open to one of the empty stalls. He forks fresh straw into the occupied pens for the horses to lay on and fills hay into a hanging wrap for them to eat.

He also sets a bucket of water on the dirt ground for Erik's dog, Malki, and Liz's dog, Fifi. "They're welcome to stay in the stables or the guesthouse. The Lord Mayor's letter explained he'd be paying for your expenses."

ೃ⁀➷

Svetlana is open to the group's questioning, responding to Lucky: "My husband and I have lived here for about four months." The brunette woman rubs her arms to self-soothe, "As you know from the charter (link), bandits run rampant in the area... But what you probably weren't told, is that Oleg and I have been forced to pay the bandits taxes."

There's a loud noise as Oleg drops a stack of planks he'd been carrying to the guesthouse. The middle-aged man throws his hands up into the air, cursing loudly. He storms away, his work momentarily abandoned.

"Please," Svetlana soothes over Oleg's curses, "the bandits are stealing our livelihood. They arrived about three months ago, one month after we arrived. We've been unable to turn a profit because they always take everything we have. They... they threatened to burn down the trading post and abduct me back to their camp if we didn't agree to hand over all of the furs and trade goods we've accumulated over the past month from hunters and trappers."

"They always arrive one hour before sunrise on the first of the month, but we didn't have enough last time so they said they'd be back in two weeks and a day's time." Svetlana pauses, counting on her fingers. " Oh no," she gasps, "That means they'll be back tomorrow!"

"We've learned to have our taxes ready for when they arrive. I... I think their camp must be about a day's ride away." Svetlana continues to explain their circumstance: "The first time the bandits visited, there were bout a dozen of them. 10 lower-ranking thugs led by a cloaked man armed with a bow and a woman carrying two small hatchets. The woman did most of the talking. I don't think I'll ever forget the way she smiled as she described what they'd do to me if Oleg didn't comply with their demands. She seemed particularly sharp and observant - she knew exactly what to say to crawl under Oleg's skin. She..." Svetlana pauses to collect herself, "She almost chopped off Oleg's right hand with one of her hatchets."

Svetlana looks around, making sure her husband is gone and out of earshot. "She... She took my wedding ring right off my hand and tossed it to one of her men. She said it was payment for not shortening Oleg's reach." A silent tear slips down Svetlana's face, but she's quick to wipe it away.

She sniffles, seeming to have collected herself. "The man with the bow seemed rather foolish. He's led about six men on the second and third visits. I suspect the bandits have let their guard down."

ೃ⁀➷

The post-meal tour is rather pleasant with the exception of the middens (A5). The three three-foot-deep composting pits smell of horse dung, soiled straw, decaying wood, and rotting vegetables. Svetlana takes you to the various towers, where you notice all of the catapults are in need of repair.

"You've already seen the stables, so let me show you the storage pen." Svetlana leads you to a wooden hut, about fifteen feet by twenty. (A4) It's not airtight, but the wooden roof keeps the elements away from the trade goods and furs piled inside. "All of this," Svetlana motions, "is given to the bandits in taxes."

Svetlana, flattered by the party's gracious attitude, feels comfortable showing off where Oleg and she live. She takes you to the building opposite the guest house. She opens the door and ushers you inside into what appears to be a long, wide hallway. (A6) "I like to call this area of our home the Main Hall." She blushes prettily, obviously enamored with the place they've made into a home. "Dining room (A7) on your left. Oleg's office (A8) on the right." Looking around, you notice the house is rather sparse but clean.

Svetlana opens the door to their bedroom (A11) revealing a Queen-sized straw mattress atop a wooden frame and a mirrored vanity table in the opposite corner. "I know Oleg seems cold, but he's really the sweetest man. He made the bedframe and my vanity table himself!"

Then, she ends the tour by opening the door opposite the hall. "This room (A10) is our Storeroom." You see several mundane items you'd expect in any home: two barrels of drinking water, a half-full barrel of lantern oil, three common lamps, a dozen candles, a week’s worth of firewood, a hooded lantern, 70 feet of hemp rope, a tent, and enough food (mostly cheese, hard bread, and dried venison) to last for 2 weeks.

"If you'd like to purchase something from us, we keep our Stockroom (A9) here. I know it's small, but we're hoping to grow our wares once you take care of the bandits." Inside the Stockroom (A9) you see several items available for purchase: a suit of leather armor, a heavy wooden shield, two hand axes, five javelins, a longbow, two dozen arrows, a scythe, two spears, two potions of cure light wounds, a potion of shield of faith +2, two vials of antitoxin, six torches, two weeks of trail rations, a number of animal furs worth a total of 120 gold pieces, and a small locked chest. The small locked chest must be where Oleg keeps his store's coin.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ After The Tour ⍣ ೋ

Svetlana leads you back outside and to the Guesthouse (A2) "Well, this is where you'll be bunking. Oleg told me the Mayor of Restov is paying for all your housing expenses so please make yourself comfortable and don't be shy about helping yourselves to seconds of my cooking." She smiles sweetly and excuses herself.

Oleg stays awake for another hour or two, loading up the cart resting outside the stables with the trade goods and furs from the storage pen (A4) He's not willing to take any chances on Svetlana's safety.

When you're ready, please arrange your token(s) on the combat map (link). (You can copy your icon from Slide 3 to Slide 2.)

Please let me know if you will keep the palisade doors open or closed in the morning. Are you going to hide or be visible?


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik listens grimly to Svetlana as she talks about this band of thugs. When she is finished, he speaks up: "Seems a ripe opportunity for an ambush to solve some of the local bandit problem. Svetlana, talk to me more about these bandits. You expect perhaps 6 of them, lead by this fool with a bow? When they come, are they afoot or mounted? Do they bring their own animals with them to pull the cart, or do you have to supply them? Do they come into the palisade and fetch the cart, or do you have to bring it out to them? Which direction do they come from?"

@Ventiine, do we have some time to scout where they come from?
@ Party I'm thinking to hit them before they get to the trading post, and pretend to be a rival gang of bandits, so that even if some stragglers escape, the rest of the gang won't come back here sometime when we're not home and burn the place down. What does everyone else think?


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

@Erik, yes, the party could attempt to scout where the bandits are coming from but it's dark and you've traveled all day. If you decide to scout, I'm going to give you a fatigued penalty and a percent chance of running into the bandits as they ride towards you. If you just want to wait outside the palisade some 30, 50, or 100 feet away, I'm happy to put a map up.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Elizabeth guides her horse to the stables and let's Fifi rest and drink some cool water before she partakes of the stew herself.

As Oleg and Svetlana recount the problem with the bandits, Liz's mouth becomes a thin line. This is intolerable! They obviously have no problem draining you dry and then punishing you when you have nothing left. I say we do our first act as holders of the charter and bring justice down upon these bandits.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

By the time Svetlana's take is finished, Rhiann is visibly seething. The threats of violence and far worse leave no doubt in her mind that the bandits are exactly the type of problem meant to be resolved by their group coming to settle the area. They would have to be dealt with, decisively enough to send a message to any others in the area that their time was over.
When she leads them on the tour of the outpost, Rhiann takes some time inspecting the catapults, checking to see how serviceable they might be or what repairs it would take to fix them.

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

”Agreed!” Rhiann says in response to Liz’ comment. ”The penalty is laid out pretty clearly in the charter, and these bastards definitely sound like they deserve it based on their actions so far.”

She looks to her companions to hear their thoughts. "We know when they are due back, and this area looks pretty flat, so we should be able to see them coming from the towers. We can either openly go out to meet them, or ambush them when the come in to claim their 'taxes'", the warrior suggests.

I think it would be better to make it clear, in no uncertain terms, that this place is protected. If they think it's a rival group of bandits that jumped them, any survivors, or their boss would likely just ramp things up to make up for their losses.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

I can summon brambles to entangle them. If we can get them to bunch up, we might get them all.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"In that case better to invite them in, then trap them in brambles and launch our attack. Even if any of them manage to escape I doubt they'll get out of longbow range before they get hit." Rhiann reasons.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Responding to Erik, Svetlana recalls what she can. "Yes, that's right, about six. The bandits come mounted on horses with an empty cart, which they leave and hitch the filled one Oleg prepares. The bandits come inside the palisade because that's where Oleg prepares the cart of goods."

As Rhiann examines the catapults, she notices the fixtures keeping the joints attached are badly rusted. It's been a long day and she's unable to gather more information as sleep is beckoning.

Svetlana's eyes shine with hope at Liz and Rhiann's resolve and outrage. Rhiann suggests openly displaying the fort's newfound protection by manning the palisade walls. Liz offers her magical abilities, by describing a magical thicket she'd able to conjure.

@Everyone, I went ahead and placed the rest of the party on the combat map. (link) I edited it so there is an area outside the palisade.
I'll add Oleg's icon in tomorrow's post. Svetlana will not be in the combat. Oleg won't let her be outside when the bandits arrive.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik starts thinking out loud: "Ok, so we let them inside and ambush them. Svetlana will be hiding somewhere, but Oleg will need to be in view, as he opens the gate. We move the cart over to next to the storage pen (ie the dashed green box) , so they have to come farther in to get it. We set the cart up so that they have to dismount and drag it around by hand to hitch it up. Once several of them dismount to deal with the wagon, we hit them, going for the one still mounted first... Oleg needs an excuse to go away after he opens the gate though, we don't want him endangered in a melee; anybody got any ideas? We also need to worry about our ambush positions... "


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Sorry for my silence. I haven't been too well.

Even Adela's normal composure cracks as she hears Svetlana's tale. "Once these scum are inside the outpost have Svetlana call out to Oleg as if there is a problem he is needed for."

She thinks a little more, "Someone should best be with her in the building in case they try to take her hostage. Also we need the gate closed to prevent them escaping and warning the rest of their band."

Adela will wait at A6 and come out when Oleg moves past her and the attack is on.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

I can have Fifi guard her. I must warn everyone that the brambles will entangle you as well, so attacking with ranged weapons can help whittle them down.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"Closing the gate behind them is risky. Between the entanglement, and longbows from the battlements, I think we stand a pretty good chance of none of them getting away." Rhiann points out.

[B]"If needed we can give chase to any trying to flee.'[b]


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa's smile quickly fades as Svetlana recounts their dealings with the bandits. She nods gravely at Liz and Rhiann's replies, her eyes usually gentle green eyes seemingly burning with restrained anger.

"These bandits have been a plague for everyone living around here for years, and they seem to care not one bit for the pain and misery they inflict on their victims. To be honest, they're the main reason I volunteered to join you all - I want to do whatever I can to put an end to them. We cannot allow this to continue."

As the conversation quickly turns towards the plan to handle the bandits arrival in the following morning, Alyssa listens attentively to each of her companions suggestions before commenting as well.

"I have some additional spells I can use as well that might prove useful as well - I can try to cloud their minds and hinder their ability to fight back, or conjure a coating of oil on the ground or on their weapons, making them either fall down or disarming them. The range on those spells is a bit limited, however - and I'm not sure I can cast them as easily if I'm caught in Liz's brambles. With that in mind, I'm guessing they would probably be best used to either try and prevent them from leaving the post, or from approaching the house, depending on where I'll be standing."


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The group solidifies their plan to show a presence and to place themselves between the bandits and Oleg's trade goods. Fifi obediently joins Svetlana inside the house (A6) and Oleg stands by the front gate.

ೃ⁀➷

Just as Svetlana explained, several humans arrive on horseback an hour after sunrise. A hooded man with a longbow strung across his back leads six others on horseback. One of the six is riding a horse that's hitched to an empty wagon identical to the one inside the palisade. The six following the cloaked man each have a shortsword at their hip and a longbow strung across their back. They all look like adventurers. The seven approach the gate, seemingly unbothered by Liz's and Rhiann's presence on the palisade walls.

"Oleg," the cloaked ranger calls, "open up."

Oleg obediently opens the large, 30-foot-wide gate. As the gate opens, the cloaked man makes eye contact with the party members standing inside the palisade at ground level. He dismounts with the others and takes his bow off his back. "We're weary from travel and seeking a quick breakfast."

Updated "combat" map (link)

@Everyone, We are not in combat, but please keep your actions in rounds.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Round 1

Liz waves to them. Welcome, just in time. Rest your feet.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Oops, we've let Ventiine inside our OODA loop; this ain't going to be a by the numbers ambush...

When Oleg goes to open the gate, Erik to cover behind the corner of the guesthouse. Then he peeks around the corner at the newcomers... If and when the newcomers come forward into the trading post, he will retreat into the guesthouse to maintain his cover.

Round 0 - move -run to the guesthouse (as Oleg moves to the gate), standard - ready C. Longbow

Round 1 - peek around the corner (stealth, Perception)
Move action - use studied target on black
Standard Action - ready action: Move back into the doorway of the guesthouse to maintain stealth... (into the green-dashed square)

Perception: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 27 (and a further +1 vs Black from studied target)
1 rank +3 trained +2 racial+1 wis

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 3 + 3 = 17
1 rank +3 trained +3 dex


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Rhiann watches closely from her spot atop the palisade wall, bow in hand, ready to act as soon as Oleg is clear.

Readied action to fire at first bandit to do anything violent:
Composite longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Hoping to be some distance away from both the bandits and Liz's spell if (or when) fighting breaks out, Alyssa follows Erik towards the guesthouse as Oleg moves towards the gate. She casts a quick protective spell, just in case she comes under fire and the air around her body shimmers for a brief moment.

"Erik, I'll head on inside the guesthouse, to remain out of sight until our trap is sprung. If things go awry and they manage to free themselves and come towards you, I'll try to stop them long enough for you to shoot them down."

Round 0 - Move towards guesthouse, cast Mage Armor
Round 1 - Move inside guesthouse


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Adela is by the cart and fiddling with it. Waiting for Liz to cast her spell.

When that happens she will bring out her crossbow and fire.

Round 0 - Watching
Round 1 - Fire crossbow at Black


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In "Round 1," the group of seven continues into the palisade and moves to tie up their horses. Liz waves for them to enter, Erik attempts to sneak a peak from around the corner of the guesthouse.

GM Screen (NPC Perceptions):

Perception DC17 (Happs Bydon): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perception DC17 (Red): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Perception DC17 (Blue): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Perception DC17 (Yellow): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Perception DC17 (Pink): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Perception DC17 (Orange): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Perception DC17 (Green): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Erik's Perception 27:
The newcomers seem to be observing your group as much as you all are observing them. Everyone seems on edge. The six trailing behind the ranger seem to be coordinating their actions according to the ranger's actions.

You're pretty sure the blue bald man and black ranger noticed you.

Meanwhile, Rhiann intently watches 20 feet above on the palisade wall. Alyssa casts a spell, her chanting making noise from inside the guesthouse. The newcomers all turn towards Alyssa's chanting voice.

The blue man with a shaved head calls out, "Happs, someone's hiding behind the building!"

Adela fires her crossbow (readied attack) and Rhiann follows (spoiler read; miss) Lucky does her best to appear inconspicuous.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

GM Screen:

Adela Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Alyssa Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Erik Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Liz Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Lucky Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rhiaan Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Happs Bydon Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Red Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Blue Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Yellow Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Pink Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Orange Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Green Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 2, everyone seems to realize the jig is up. Oleg retreats, wanting nothing to do with the brawl.

The blue bald man unsheathes his short sword and moves forward. His horse is still standing under the threshold of the gate, its bridle hanging freely.

The orange woman rushes inside, making a beeline towards the ladder leading up to the palisade! She puts a foot on the bottom rung like she's preparing to climb!

The other bald man red takes a five-foot step and pulls the longbow off his back. He aims it at Liz and fires a shot!
Red Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1 (Palisade wall: partial cover)
The man fumbles his arrow, cursing. The arrow falls onto the ground by his feet before it's even nocked.

ೃ⁀➷

After Liz acts, the yellow human moves forward and draws his short sword. "I'll take care of the caster wench!" He doesn't notice Erik until it's too late, provoking an attack of opportunity! "Gah!" Erik, please make an AoO.

The green human on his horse swings his leg across the saddle to dismount. When his feet touch dirt, he's reaches for his longbow.

Round 2
Blue 24
Orange 23
Red 20
Liz 18
Yellow 16
Green 16
Adela 16
Erik 15
Alyssa 15 (Mage Armor)
Lucky 13
Pink 12
Rhiaan 10
Happs Bydon (black ranger) 7
(Party Buffs: )

Bold may act!

The horses are neutral living creatures. None of them are tied to anything (except the green carted horse.) They're light horses, but still animals.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz chants and hurls a packet of seeds into the bandit's midst. The package explodes and sends twisting vines around the area that graasp at anyone in range.

DC 14 Reflex This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik had his bow out, so he takes his AoO with his cestus...

To Hit, AoO: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
+1 Bab +1 str

Damage, AoO: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
+1 str

@ Liz, I assume that you drew the yellow radius, which I presume is your entangle spell. Unfortunately, you've got the area wrong, currently it shows a 25' radius, and entangle is a 40 ' radius... The lightly dashed blue circle is approximately what your current target point would give you... As such I would suggest moving the centerpoint a bit farther out of the trading post.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

"What a clusterf%!@!" growls Erik as any hope of an organized ambush dissolves into chaos. Also, he's on the frontlines, stuck in, when he'd rather be shooting...

He tosses his bow sideways under the picnic tables for safety, and whips out his rapier, into a quick lunge at his immediate opponent. Light on his feet, he bounces backwards to let the picnic table protect his flank...

Free action - drop bow
Move action - draw rapier
standard Action - attack yellow
5' step back.

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 = 14
+1 Bab +1 str

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
+1 str


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Bump (Adela, Alyssa, Lucky to act)


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

crossbow readied attack?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

crossbow Round2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Adela surprises herself by actually hitting her target. Sadly it is little more than glancing hits.


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Hearing the commotion outside and realizing the fighting has already started, Alyssa rushes outside again. Seeing Erik facing off against one of the bandits coming around the corner of the guesthouse, she cast another spell and a pool of Grease (Relfex DC 16) suddenly appears below the bandit's feet.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Unlikely Lucky's action will affect mine

Seeing the woman set to climb the ladder to get at Liz, Rhiann puts an arrow in her shoulder, her eyes scanning the chaos of the battle-field for the next best target of her attention.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 2, Liz tosses a handful of seeds from the top of the palisade wall, chanting. As the seeds land, they explode into verdant, tangling vines that reach out towards everyone in their grasp!
Happs Bydon Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Pass
Red Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Pass
Blue Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Yellow Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Pink Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Green Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Happ’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Red’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Pass
Blue’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Yellow’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Pass
Pink’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Orange’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Green’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

All the horses scream in fear, but only two are able to evade the living vines! The red horse escapes westward, outside of the palisade! The yellow horse beats its hooves hard against the palisade's dirt floor, turning inside behind the guesthouse.
For simplicity, I'm not going to roll the horse into combat but I'll keep track of their damage.

After Liz, the yellow and the green bandits act! Vines are wrapped tightly around the yellow bandit! He pulls against the vines holding him hostage!
Yellow Strength DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
He pulls and pulls, but is unable to escape! He pulls out his longbow, glaring at Liz!

Green Strength DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
The green bandit manages to pull free of the vines, but seeing his horse tangled, he decides to dismount! (No weapon out)

After green and yellow act, Adela aims her crossbow at the hooded ranger (black). Her arrow skims the flesh of his arm, leaving a line of the arrows trajectory!

Meanwhile, Erik acts! Sorry, Erik - yellow failed their reflex so they couldn’t move. I assume you’d use ranged instead of melee? The ranger fires a shot at the yellow bandit, landing an arrow in the bandit’s thigh! Between the curling vines and the arrow, the yellow bandit looks badly injured.

Alyssa rushes outside of the guesthouse, chanting again. A reflective, greasy surface appears underneath the blue bandit! Lucky’s eyes go wide from the chaos!

The pink bandit pulls against the leafy bonds holding her hostage!
Pink Strength DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
She screams in frustration and pulls out her longbow!

Rhiann scans the situation with her eyes and decides the yellow bandit looks like the best target. She fires an arrow. The projectile pierces the bandit's neck, and he falls into the snaking vines. The plant pulls the body under and it quickly disappears into a mass of twisting green!

The hooded bandit double moves out of the magical vines, tisking "Oleg, Oleg, Oleg. What were you thinking? You know I'll have to tell Kressle about this."

At the end of Round 2, the Entangled horses attempt to flee!
Happ’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Blue’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Orange’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Green’s Horse Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 2
Blue 24 (standing on Grease Reflex DC16, Entangled)
Orange 23
Red 20
Liz 18
Yellow 16 (9 damage, dead)
Green 16
Adela 16
Erik 15
Alyssa 15 (Mage Armor)
Lucky 13
Pink 12 (Entangled)
Rhiaan 10
Happs Bydon (black ranger) 7 (3 damage)
(Party Buffs: )

Horses: black, blue, pink, orange, green Entangled (1 damage each)

Round 3 in next post!


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 3, the blue bandit attempts to pull out of the tangling brush while keeping steady footing atop the greasy puddle.
Blue Strength DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Blue Reflex DC16 (Grease): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
The blue bandit manages to traverse past both obstacles to confront Adela!

The orange bandit begins climbing the ladder to the top of the palisade. She climbs 15 feet up.

The red bandit nocks another arrow and fires it towards Liz!
Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 5

When Liz acts, the mass of vines attempt to pull the resistant bandits into its leafy tangle!
Red Reflex DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Green Reflex DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

After Liz acts, the green bandit uses all his strength to move through the thick vines, towards the inside of the palisade!

Round 3
Blue 24
Orange 23
Red 20
Liz 18 (5 damage)
Yellow 16 (9 damage, dead)
Green 16
Adela 16
Erik 15
Alyssa 15 (Mage Armor)
Lucky 13
Pink 12 (Entangled)
Rhiaan 10
Happs Bydon (black ranger) 7 (3 damage)
(Party Buffs: )

Horses: black, blue, pink, orange, green Entangled (1 damage each, act at end of round)

Bold may act!

Combat Map (link) is updated.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

@Liz, my suggestion is run away before you end up dead - you have 2 goons after you (Orange, Red), as well as a named NPC (Happs Bydon). Lead them a merry dance, and don't get caught.

Ok, so Erik has not dropped his bow, having not being engaged in melee.

Erik takes a step forward, and assess the bandit who's after Adela, measuring the shot he's planning to put into the bandit's back as soon as Adela steps away...

I am assuming that @Adela wills step out of melee with blue as part of her action (on 16) so I can shoot (on 15) without the -4 to hit from the target being in melee combat.
5' step
move action - studied combat on blue
standard action - shoot blue.

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 11
+1 Bab +1 studied combat +1 PBS +3 dex

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4
+1 str +1 studied combat +1 PBS


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz runs off to the north(done)


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Can't see it on the map but I believe there is room for Adela to 5' step back?

Adela grimaces as a bandit closes on her. Taking a 5' step back she fires her crossbow at him.

crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 15
damage?: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Be nice if that's a hit.


Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

Lucky is uncharacteristically solemn as she listens to Svetlana's tale. "That's terrible! Surely with all of us we can take care of a few bandits."

Despite her confidence when the battle actually starts she's initially too shocked to move. She's never fought people before. Truthfully she's never fought anything before. Despite occasionally being dragged along on "hunting" trips she's never fired her bow at a living creature.

While she finally manages to squeeze the crossbow's trigger her hands are shaking too badly to aim. Gulping she takes a step back and quickly reloads.

L. Crossbow vs Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Standard action: Ranged attack
Move action: Reload
Miscellaneous: Five foot step


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa lets out a sigh of relief as Erik's and Rhiann's arrows bring down the bandit closing in on Erik. But worry quickly returns to her face as she sees another bandit avoiding both Liz's vines and her own spell and rushing towards Adela and Lucky.

Calling upon her magical powers, she moves towards them and reaches out towards the man's mind with her magic, hoping to cloud it for just enough time for her allies to bring him down before he can harm anyone.

Casting Daze on blue (Will DC 19 negates, assuming it falls under the Mediator trait conditions, 18 otherwise)


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

(I forgot to include the partial cover, so Liz wouldn't have taken 5 damage from red. I corrected my mistake.)

In Round 3, Liz retreats along the palisade walls, putting distance between herself and the climbing pink bandit. Liz, did you want to be 10 feet off the map (maximum movement) or are you happy with your current location?

Meanwhile, Adela steps back from the approaching blue bandit and fires her light crossbow! The bolt pierces into his chest near what looks like a vital organ!
Yes, Adela can take a 5 foot step. Please let me know if you want to keep moving back. I can adjust the map slide.

Erik comes to Adela's aid, shooting at the blue bandit, but his shot's too wide and the arrow goes flying over his head!

Chanting and moving her body, Alyssa casts Daze on the injured blue bandit.
Blue Will DC19 (Daze): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The gnome seems to regain her composure and shakily loads a bolt into her light crossbow. The bolt flies between the blue bandit's legs, narrowly missing him!

The pink bandit flexes her arms and legs, trying desperately to break the vines' hold on her.
Pink Strength DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Unfortunately, the plant's grasp on her is too tight. All she manages to do is injure herself further! She continues to shout and fires an arrow towards Lucky!
Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 8
True to her name, Lucky dodges the arrow just in time!

Round 3
Blue 24 (8 damage, critically injured, Dazed)
Orange 23
Red 20
Liz 18
Yellow 16 (9 damage, dead)
Green 16
Adela 16
Erik 15
Alyssa 15 (Mage Armor)
Lucky 13
Pink 12 (2 damage, Entangled)
Rhiaan 10
Happs Bydon (black ranger) 7 (3 damage)
(Party Buffs: )

Horses: black, blue, pink, orange, green Entangled (1 damage each, act at end of round)

Bold may act!


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Fine where I am


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

From her overwatch position, Rhiann calmly assesses the battle, looking to see which of her new companions most needed her help. Setting her sights on the woman climbing to get at Liz, she waits until she raises her arm to grab another rung, deftly sinking an arrow into her exposed ribcage, drawing another arrow as she seeks a new target.

Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

I got your back Liz!


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 3, Rhiann moves to shoot at the climbing orange bandit. I moved your character 10 feet so she has sight of her target. The arrow strikes the climbing bandit through her ear and the bandit releases her grip from the ladder. She falls ungracefully to the dirt ground.

The hooded ranger looks at the fallen orange bandit, then up at Rhiann. He smirks. "Mercenaries? I really can't wait to hear your wife's screams." He nocks an arrow and attempts a returning shot.
Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
The arrow misses Rhiann, piercing the wooden palisade wall.

At the end of Round 3, the trapped horses scream in fear, trying their best to break free!
Black Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Blue Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Pink Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Orange Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Green Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Green Horse's Strength Cart DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
The pink and green horse yank themselves free of the tangling vines and run screaming in fear. The pink horse rushes past Lucky, the horse's large body creating a breeze that ripples the gnome's clothes and hair. The green horse manages to pull itself and the cart free and fearfully moves forward, hoove meeting grease.
Green Horse Reflex DC16 (Grease): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

In Round 4, the blue bandit is Dazed! The red bandit moves through the tangling vines, although it isn't easy!

At the end of Liz's turn, the twisting spread of vines pull at those within its grasp! (I think I forgot to roll last round, oops!)
Red Reflex DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Green Reflex DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
The determined vines grab ahold of both mobile bandits, rooting them in place!

After Liz acts, the green bandit attempts to pull himself out of the surrounding plants!
Green Strength DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
He muscles out of the leafy prison and finally reaches the outskirts of the tangle!

Round 4
Blue 24 (8 damage, critically injured, Dazed)
Orange 23 (10 damage, dead)
Red 20 (Entangled, 1 damage)
Liz 18
Yellow 16 (9 damage, dead)
Green 16 (1 damage)
Adela 16
Erik 15
Alyssa 15 (Mage Armor)
Lucky 13
Pink 12 (Entangled)
Rhiaan 10
Happs Bydon (black ranger) 7 (3 damage)
(Party Buffs: )

Horses: black, blue, orange Entangled (2 damage each, act at end of round)
Horses: pink, green (1 damage each, act at end of round)

Bold may act!


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik takes another shot at the bandit he shot at before and then assess's the situation...

standard action - shoot at blue
move action reserved for next post, after I figure out if Erik or Adela finish taking out blue...

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 18
+1 Bab +1 studied combat +1 PBS +3 dex

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7
+1 str +1 studied combat +1 PBS


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Ok, that should do it for blue.
Having finished off the bandit, Erik scrambles across the picnic table's bench (to avoid the grease) to take up a position in front of the bandit who broke free from the entanglement....

Move action - move 30' equivalent


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz moves down and draws her sling for ranged combat.(done)

1 to 50 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Pinvendor's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Current Characters


Katra Sebine
Adela Anastasia

Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

played by DBH (88 posts)
Seneka Volstadt
Alyssa Feuilindë

Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

played by Pancakes (132 posts)
Elf
Erik Sforza

M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

played by pad300 (100 posts)
Pontia Runario
Rhiann Sokol

Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

played by Mark Thomas 66 (197 posts)
Wight
Spirit of Pinvendor

Ephemeral GameMaster

played by pinvendor (2,002 posts)

Previous Characters


Golden Orb
GM Kingmaker Ventiine

Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

played by Ventiine (97 posts)
Figurine
GM Ventiine


played by Ventiine (1,131 posts)
Quinn
GM_DBH

Are you sure you want to do that?

played by DBH (10,667 posts)
Shanda Faravan
LizArdoc

Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

played by Andrea1 (498 posts)
Marquess Tanasha Starborne
Lucky Bignoodle

Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

played by Ever_Anon (14 posts)
Goblin Dog
Phillip Gastone

M Human Ranger 1

played by Andrea1 (2,153 posts)