GM ZD Presents: Eyes of the Ten

Game Master Z...D...

Silver Crusade and Libety's Edge:

1 success condition


451 to 500 of 1,014 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

I also updated the presentation with other hand outs that I missed. One was the map in Adril Hestram's room and the other was some scattered scraps of paper.

"Finally, some one speaks sense." He the nods towards Theo, "I am Aric of Halvon by the way. I was charged by Galt's Revolutionary Council to get to the bottom of Lord Teppin Montrose's murder. Which led me to Adril, in which I believe I uncovered a bigger plot."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

"He need not be untied to assist." Strang says, coldly.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros watches the conversation without talking. He pays attention to the way the Raven talks, trying to discern any lies.

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Voros detects no lies coming from Aric.

He revealed to you pretty much everything he knows. Your only choices now are to go back to the keep and collect the evidence or head back to the lodge and report to Eliza and Osprey

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Will you fight at our side?" asks the Taldan noble, as if nothing else mattered.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"Only if you are willing to agree to a truce." He then waits for a response.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Spread your arms," says Theodric, drawing his adamantine sword. He deftly severs the man's bonds.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

He pulls his arms as far apart as he can and away from his body. In a swift motion, Theo cuts him loose. "You sir are a gentleman. Now good sir, where to?"

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros nods to Theodric.

"This one tells no lies. I think we need the evidence." says the tiefling.

"Now, how should we do it? Teleport? Invisibility? Split the party?" he says, thinking aloud.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

As the discussion is going on Boswick casts Detect Evil on the Red Raven. As Boswick very much believes in trust but verify.

If the Red Raven notices and protests or even comments:

You can never be too careful in these trying times.

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

@Lavode If we do teleport, you don't have to worry about Kali, I can carry her myself using Carry Companion so she doesn't factor into the number of people to teleport.

"It would be nice to find a place to rest and recover though I'm not sure the assassins keep is the best place for that."

special language:
Watch that red feather guy very closely. If he tries to disappears again or cast any spell, shout at me and we'll get you smelling him out then you can eat him for a snack.

"One of the upsides to your "collateral damage" is that a few of your companions made it into the snack pack." As I pat the saddle bags and the few bodies we still carry for Kali's snack time. "It doesn't take much to add your body to the pile. A growing mantis has to eat, and I'm sure she would get a little satisfaction at sucking out your tasty parts."


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Aric does not detect as evil

Aric smirks at LT's threat, "There is always something higher on the food chain." He then takes off back up to the tunnel, back up to the chapel.

Once back inside the chapel, he moves to the door and gives a report. "The guards are flanking the entrance to the keep and the exit through the wall. The judge is just pacing back and forth in front of the Guillotine. The mob seems to have dispersed though."

I do not think teleport is an option here. No one but Aric has seen the inside of Montrose Keep.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Dimension door will work fine. Since we can just target 'the other side of that door', with no chance of failure for never having been there. Heck, if he knows what's on the other side of the wall there in the chapel, we could just pop like 30' north.

Between Strang and Lavode, we can take everyone in.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Ah, you guys were saying teleport and I thought you were talking about the spell. Got it.

Will give a larger update when I get through some paperwork at work


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Between the two spellcasters, everyone is able to dimension door into the main hallway.

An ornate purple carpet bisects this huge audience chamber, running from the huge double doors that lead to the courtyard to the east all the way up a short flight of steps to a beautifully carved wooden throne that looks out over the chamber. To the left of the carpet is an enormous dining table with two long benches. Unfinished meals and drinks rest upon the table, as if more than a dozen men abandoned a meal in progress not long ago. A smaller table on the other side of the carpet is piled high with stacks of paper, maps, and envelopes, arrayed in a pattern that suggests a formal investigation. Doors on the east and west walls appear to lead to other chambers.

Added to the presentation with more clues. Slides 12-15

Aric waves his hands over the papers on the smaller table,"Here, this should be all you need."

The only other thing of interest in the keep is The Brig

A sturdy door leads from the keep’s barracks to a dark prison lit by a single torch in a forlorn wall sconce. The light illuminates two cells barred with iron. The southern cell is empty, its door slightly ajar. The northern cell contains a handsome human man with blond hair wearing the costume of a servant of Eliza Petulengro.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Noice!

Voros coughs loudly to regain his composure. Through the many things he knows, teleporting himself and others is not a feat he's capable of. The tiefling shows a hint of jealousy.

"Now, what?" he says with his low and rasping voice, making an annoyed gesture towards the document.

Then, he proceeds through the brig's door and discovers the young man. With a sigh, the tiefling asks the man:

"Your name, lad? I am Tiller Voros."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Strang starts to examine the documents, then stops himself.

He frowns, then casts a quick divination spell, before continuing.

Cast detect magic, and examine in case some joker trapped the dame thing

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Once he's sure there are no obvious pitfalls, he continues examining them, sliding them into his haversack as he goes.

GM can roll any appropriate knowledge or linguistics checks for me


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The well dressed man responds to Voros, "I am Alondais. If you are here to execute me, so be it. But I will never turn on my mistress or my friends.'

@Dr Strang, nothing suspicious and no checks to be made

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Who is your mistress? and why would we execute you? speak plain answers or execution will be the least of your worries. Mages, priests and spymasters: measure this man's response please. With magic if need be."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Theodric sucks his belly in and puffes his chest for effect... and then just issues a small fart.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"Eliza Petulengro" The man says with pride, "Well, in my experiences, the brig usually leads to the gallows. Especially if you refuse to speak."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric will not even try to Sense Motive his response, especially after his gastric faux-pas.

Theodric looks at the others for assurance, but tentatively answers, "Eliza? are you related to her? how are you on a first name basis? do you always refer to her as such, without her former title? time to speak the truth here: last chance to explain your answer. I've met enough red herrings for one day, and I grow tired. You obviously know by now we are not the ones who put you in this jail and interrogated you. Tell us what was asked of you so far. And do it quickly."


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

The man shakes his head. "Of course I know who I serve and knowing who she is, will not betray her."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

Boswick arrives at the cells, It's okay Theodric, this is a man loyal to the Venture Captain.

Boswick frees the man, Alondais isn't it. Well you know what they say, Even the most powerful of rats must fear the talons from above. There will be no gallows for you today.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Apologies Alondais. I have grown used to people calling Venture-Captains by their formal titles... the same applies to me at my estate. I sometimes forget how progressive some parts of the world have become. No slight intended: I was just trying to ferret out an impostor in case you were one..."

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

Watching all the smart people do their thing as I tag along, I keep wishing we were back outside in nature or that I could talk to Kali. Thus every window we pass I look out to see if I can see trees or anything natural outside.

I'm missing Kali's conversation as I carry her around in here as a little statue of herself. Assuming I used Carry Companion before the d-door thus marked it off my list.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros nods at Boswick and reaches for Alondais' shoulder.

"Yes. Come back home. Do what you have to do." he says.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Alondais gives Boswick a knowing nod, "Too true is it not." He looks around for the Red Raven before speaking to Boswick. "I was beginning to think no one was searching for me. See, I found out some of the Raven's agents had infiltrated the staff, but before I could warn the Lady, I was ambushed and woke up here." He then taps his head, "Even though I have been locked up here, it has been to my advantage. What I have pieced together, from eavesdropping of course, is that Adril Hestram is responsible for the murder of Lord Teppin Montrose, who used to own this very keep. Come to find out, Montrose was just not a aristocrat, but one of the ten. That's right. A member of the Decemvirate. And if what I heard is true, he may have more targets."

Once he lets the PC's digest what was said, "Well, let me out so I can start tracking down some leads on my own investigation. I will be in contact with you all later." He says looking at Voros,Boswick, Dr Strang and Voros.

So this pretty much wraps up the last bit of information needed for your report to Eliza and Osprey. So we will fast forward you back to the lodge. Using the same method to get back to the tunnels.

Eliza and Osprey leap to their feet the moment the servants bring you into the Lodge’s Great Hall, where the Red Raven first attacked Adril Hestram and drew you into this mess. Both have been nervously awaiting your return.

“You’re back!” exclaims Eliza, her face lighting up with a bright smile. “I trust you tracked the murderers to their lair?”

Osprey steps forward. “Well,” he says expectantly. “What have you learned?”

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Theodric summarizes the facts received from the Red Raven and Alondais.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Strang would insist on dragging the Red Raven back to the Lodge, to answer for murdering so many, just to get at one man that might have wronged him.


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Eliza listens intently to Theodric's report while Osprey leans in a corner with a stoic look on his face.

Eliza is the first to speak, "Well it appears that Adril is a traitor to the Society and as crude as it sounds, The Red Raven did the Society a favor. Unfortunately his methods were extreme and needless people died. But the more important matter right now is to find out who is remaining targets are and if they still live."

From the corner, Osprey clears his throat, he produces a scroll from his robes, "We do have ways to make a dead person talk. I'd say we visit the corpse."

"Good Idea. We had his body taken to his chambers" She leads Osprey and the PC's to Adril's chambers. She opens the doors and lets out a shocked gasp. When she shows the PC's in, they find the bed empty.

And this concludes part 1


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang
Dr. Strang wrote:
Strang would insist on dragging the Red Raven back to the Lodge, to answer for murdering so many, just to get at one man that might have wronged him.

He will accompany you, no need to drag


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Will go ahead and post the opening to part 2. Feel free to purchase items between scenario

Eliza Petulengro welcomes you to Woodsedge Lodge’s meeting room, still undergoing repairs after the Red Raven’s assault. She motions for you to have a seat. The red-haired woman mutters an arcane incantation under her breath and gestures deliberately at the doors and windows, then sighs heavily, nods to herself, and looks up at you.

"Lavode, Boswick, Voros, Theodric, Dr and Lifetracker, thanks you all for thanks you for answering my summons once again." She says making eye contact with each of you in turn. “As you know, the very fabric of the Pathfinder Society is under attack. Though your efforts were instrumental in protecting this lodge and a member of the Decemvirate, our task is far from done. You are already intimately involved in this affair, so it falls to you to see it through. Secrecy is of the upmost importance in this regard, so rather than involve more people in this embarrassing debacle, we trust you to take care of everything. These are among the most momentous events in our organization’s long history, and our very survival depends on your success.

“What I ask of you now is even more dangerous than your previous involvement, but I trust that you will not let the Society down. I need you to return to the Maze of the Open Road and discover what you can about Adril’s use of the portals within to further his devious plans. Find Condria, the Maze’s medusa guardian, and gather from her any information you can on Hestram’s recent comings and goings in the Maze. While we have a general idea of who his targets are, we don’t yet know how or when he plans to assassinate them.

“Should you discover any hints as to the identity or location of his next target, do not delay in travelling there and ensuring his or her safety. May the gods be with you; if they don’t favor your efforts, the Pathfinder Society is doomed.”

She then places some rolls of parchment, each sealed in wax, on the table. "These came for you all by the way. I assure you, no one else has seen them."

Liberty's Edge and Silver Crusade

Dark Archives

Concordance, Grand Lodge and Scarab Sages

The Exchange

Sovereign Court

Remember Faction Missions are in play for these adventures. They determine your prestige

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

"The medusa?" Strang replies, puzzled. "She sort of became deceased on our last encounter with her."

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"Maybe... it was a different medusa? we... didn't get her name, I'm afraid..."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

I'm assuming the Pale Maiden is no longer available as this is a new part -- let me know if otherwise.

Body vanished!

So who do you think are his targets? And I'm guessing you believe someone used a raise dead or resurrection to bring him back? Which I agree seems likely. Boswick prompts the leadership for more information.

Liberty's Edge

Tiefling Spy 13 | Immune to Cold, Sleep, Non-lethal damage and Paralysis | Resilient to negative energy | Res. Fire 5 | | HP: 100/82 | DR/- 50/50 | AC: 28 | T: 18 | FF: 22 | CMD: 27 | Fort: +14 | Ref: +19 | Will: +13 [+2 vs EX or SU undead abilities] | Init: +6 | Perc: +22 | SM: +10 | 30ft |
Tracked resources:
Bombs: 22/22 ; Extracts: 1st - 7/7 ; 2nd - 5/7 ; 3rd - 6/6 ; 4th - 5/5 ; Wizard spells: 1st - 3/3 ; Spontaneous Healing 5: 6/6 ; Dex mutagen: 1/1

Voros scoffs at the evidence showing that Adril betrayed the society.

"As much as I'd like to think Adril as a traitor, he seems too much of oaf for such a plan. It looks a little too obvious for me. However, I may be making an fool of myself saying that..."

With no more words, and following Boswick's lead, he asks: "Did you have Adril's room examined? Use of such powerful magic should let some clues behind."

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"I'm sure that was not the guardian we encountered earlier, but it could have been her daughter or relative so it is probably best not to mention that when we find her."

"Is there a map to the Maze that might help us to find the right path to the guardian? Otherwise, I'm ready to head out when the rest of you are."


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

Eliza looks to Boswick, "I am not 100% sure on the targets. A few Venture Captains come to mind. But the thing about the Decemvirate is that even the other members do no know who they are. So that I can not answer to. As for the body, those theories have crossed our minds, but can not confirm. Which is why we are sending you to get us those answers."

"I only heard of the one medusa, but who knows what other secrets the maze holds"

Will wait a bit longer. still waiting on a few emails to report it so everyone has a chance for a boon.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

Hmm... Another medusa. Is the necklace from our last trip into the maze available? It would obviously be of use.
Do you know anything of Condria? Especially what type of approach is most likely to get here cooperation. Is a show of force necessary, a gift, payment, etc...
Even if you don't know who they are, can you get a warning to the rest of the Decimerate that they are threatened by Adril?


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"We have already sent word to all active and retired Venture Captains to be on guard. The downside is that we do not know how far Adril's corruption goes. He has many contacts and some may still remain loyal to him even with the new information that came to light." She then taps her chin. "I still do have the items here in the lodge. If you wish, I see know problem with you checking them out. As long as they return in one piece and in the same condition as when you received them. "

Since we are asking for her assistance, I would hope that you approach her in a non threatening manner."

With no other questions, Eliza dismisses you to start your mission into The Maze of the Open Road.

You have little trouble traversing the Maze of the Open Road; the high hedge’s twists and turns are familiar to you after your previous foray into its passages.

The agents lose track of time as they make their way through, until they come to a clearing. In the middle of the clearing stands a feminine figure with snakes for hair, a medusa. At her feet you see a longbow and a ornate sword. She quickly turns to face the other way, as to avoid the looking directly at the agents. "Welcome Pathfinders, please I wish to speak. I am Condria"

You can clearly see it is the same medusa as before.

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

"Well, that's unexpected." Strang says, at the sight of the same woman who'd attacked them earlier... and died. "Though given Adril is probably walking around now too, I suppose not too surprising."

"How did you manage to recover so quickly?" He calls, careful not too look too closely, in case its a ruse. "And why the sudden change of heart?"


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

"It is the curse of the druid that created this place. I bound to this maze, body and soul, to guard it until the powerful magic that is over me is broken or until some unknown condition is met." She says with her back to the group.

"What good would it do anyone for me to die at your hands again? You have proven yourselves my betters, and I would rather not suffer another pointless death.”

The Exchange

Resources:
Animal Focus: 12/12; Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 3/4, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/1
HP 58/70, AC 29/T 16/F 23, Init +7, Perc +18, Fort +11, Ref +18, Will +11, CMB +16/31
Active:
Haste; Bless; Gravity Bow (13 min); Animal Aspect (Bull [str], Tiger [dex]); echolocation (65 min)

"We are not here to harm you, we actually seek your aid this day. One of our own has been traveling these paths and we wish to discover where he has been traveling so that we can protect the people he is trying to harm. I'm sorry for our previous misunderstanding as we don't take lightly the killing of our foes, but I'm heartened that you are once again among us."

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Interesting." Strang muses, when the medusa mentions being trapped here. "Some sort of soul trap? A druid you say?"

He is immediately distracted by the puzzle that is Condria's apparent prison... the scholar in him coming to the fore.

Is sussing out how it works, or what might end it, within the scope of the adventure? =) Either way, he immediately starts studying the magical auras in the area.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc 13, HP:93 of 93, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 13hrs F:+12, R:+11, W:+15, Init:+2, Perc:+19

I don't know if we can help your situation, but we are willing to consider it. What are you willing to tell us about your situation?
.
.
.
What do you know of Adril and his travels? When was the last time you saw him? Where was he bound?

Will use Adoration, Aspect of the Nightingale, and Heightened Awareness as we approach. I will make some rolls in case they apply to save some time.

various rolls:

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 4 = 25
knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Knowledge Checks -Eyes of the Ten-Hyrdra's Fang

“That bear of a man isn’t easily forgotten. He’s been quite active in the Maze since you and I last met. In each case, when I confronted him, it always ended badly for me. In fact, I can’t recall more agonizing deaths than those he granted me in all my centuries in the Maze. While he travels often through the Absalom, Galt, and Mwangi Expanse gates, his most recent movements centered around the Chelish portal, taking place under the cover of night.”

"A druid is the only being powerful enough to create something so immense and influenced with magic. I am not sure how it was done, but I remain here." She cocks her head to the side as she hears Dr Strang casting spells before realizing they are harmless, "I have studied and pondered for many years and have not concluded anything. But, you are willing to try"

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

"It sounds like we should then investigate the Chelish portal, unless you have anything else to add Ms. Condria. By the way, do you know what magic has a hold over you and how to undo it? you say you are unaware of the condition for your release... perhaps our esteemed spellcasters can take a look at the auras binding you?"

Theodric is hopeless in the game of Bluff and Sense Motive, but I highly recommend someone make a Sense Motive check when she discussed the whereabouts of Adril near the Chelish portal, in case this is her laying some kind of trap. Also, can someone please clarify the situation of Adril for me? I thought he was the big bearded guy who died during the first part... did someone heal him? (sorry, I'm unclear about that part as it was very action-packed and Theodric was in another room fighting the elf mage...)

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin of Iomedae Lvl 13 | HP 108/108 | AC 29 (FF 28 T13) CMD 30| Init+3| Saves F +20,R +15,W +19 | Per +2, SenMot +15| Spd 20'/30|Immune charm, disease, fear
Spells:
1st 5 -End Elem, Hero's Def, Lib Cmmnd, Lesser Rest, Word Resolve| 2nd 4 -Fire of Entan, Remve Paralysis, Resist Energy, Zone Truth| 3rd 3 -Daylight, Mass Ghostbane Dirge, Remve Blind| 4th 1 -Grtr Angelic Aspect
Tracked Resources:
Smite Evil 5/5, Lay on Hands 15/15, Channel Pos Energy 7/7, DivWpn Bond 3/3, Boots of Speed 10/10, Freedom of Movement 1/1, Feather Fall 1/1, A Sure Thing 1/1, Channel Revival 2/2

@Theodric - turns out the Red Raven killed Adril as he killed a noble friend of Galt, Tippen Montrose or something like that. This person just happened to be a member of the Decemvirate. Turns our Adril has turned on the society or is making a power play. The VC and Osprey already suspected it. The body went missing and the medusa just confirmed he is up and moving and quick busy. So Adril=bad

Boswick listens carefully to what the medusa says, avoiding her gaze of course.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

I agree to Cheliax!

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 13 - Init +2*, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +0, AC 37*/ touch 15*/ ff 35*; hp123/134; CMD 34 (47 vs. grapple, 44 vs. dis, 43 vs. sdr, 38 vs. trip); F+16, R+12*, W+10 (+3r vs poison/+4m vs fear/+1 vs. mind-control or possession), Speed 40* ft. *Current Buffs: Haste, Bless, Air Walk, Enlarge Person (+2dmgTH, +1dmgTWF), ProVsEvil, Antiplague/toxin, Resist Cold 4, +1d6 cold on 1st atk; CMB +4*, CMD +3*

Wonder who raised Adril?

Silver Crusade

LN Cleric 2/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 10 ( HP 70/70 | AC 14, Touch 10, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +19 | Init +6 | Perc +20 | Bleeding Touch 10/10, Bolster 10/10, Command Undead 10/10, Channel 5/5, versatile rod 3/3 ) Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Overland Flight

Strang is all for seeing if he can figure out how the druidic curse is holding the medusa here.

What sort of rolls/knowledge might tell me something? (Am ok if its beyond the scope of the adventure too... just let me know, and I won't get too sidetracked =))

451 to 500 of 1,014 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.