GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


701 to 750 of 1,835 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

Out front it is then.

You take a trip outside the mine, leaving your two subdued prisoners on their own in their hideout. The woman Abtaroh is still unconscious, but Elbris is awake.

You find a nice spot on top of a hill and start digging.

As you are digging, Leeara comes up and asks “Why you making hole?

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Did we gag the spellcaster? Probably a good idea… also inclined to knock out Elbris again, but maybe I am a jerk :)

On the way out Tycho switches to "Dalviss."

They look at Leeara and hand her a shovel, hoping she'll help. They talk while they dig. The bad lady hurt other ones like you, and they died. They want to be put in the ground, so they can sleep forever. Dalviss pauses. I'm sure it won't happen, but what should I do if you die? Do you want to sleep forever in the ground, too? Do you want an old friend like me to say a prayer and some nice things about your cooking and the old times?

They continue digging for a few minutes. Oh. About the Bad Lady, we — Tycho pauses suddenly and looks to their friends, realizing that they haven't discussed what to do with Abtaroh, and whether to even tell Leeara.

Leeara probably wants to kill her, and might cause difficulties if we want to bring the cultist back to town alive.


Mosquito Witch

I assume you did gag both of them. Since last time you knocked Elbris out via spell, KOing them via non-lethal means standing there and beating a helpless person. Would be a rather brutal jerk move. Do it in character so that others have an opportunity to object.

"Sorry they died." Glancing at the bodies, she adds "Meat looks partly spoiled, so best to bury them for plants."

She just gives a puzzled look at the mention of saying words over the dead. "I rather not die!"

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Yeah Tycho is cool not KOing him. I just don't want him making escape artist checks and such while we're occupied elsewhere.

What shall we do with them?

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Frog march them back to town?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

But you killed most of the frogs! ;)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim can turn into one in a pinch.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

The despondent Warpac suggests, "I could take them back while you all continue on. I'm not much use in my current state anyway."


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric shakes his head "Too dangerous with the other cultists on the loose. Lets head back into town together."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Hm. Yeah, let's stay together."


Mosquito Witch

Mongo digs the hole and you place the remains in there. Theodric says a few words over the dead, hoping their spirits can now make it to the boneyard and from there to their final resting place. You bury the bodies and head back to the mine.

Spoiler:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 darkvision 60 ft.
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 +3 more if doesn’t rely on hearing, low-light vision, light on dagger when needed
Theodric: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Mango: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 low-light vision
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26 +2 stonework, darkvision 60 ft.
Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 low-light vision, scent, Timtenzekil casts light on her chain when needed
Warpac: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 darkvision 60 ft.

Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Slide 9

You are nearly to the mine when Mango alerts Theodric to something ahead. At about the same time Timtenzekil notices a group of four people headed to the mines, They are all wearing the same sort of amulet than Abtaroh, Elbris and a few bodies have had. The one with the design linked to the Dominion of the Black.

Neither your group nor the other is making any attempt at stealth currently.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho ducks into the cave and changes disguise into Abtaroh before coming back out.


Mosquito Witch
The One Known as Tycho wrote:
Tycho ducks into the cave and changes disguise into Abtaroh before coming back out.

If you are just stepping back 10’ or so, no problem. If you mean to go into the mines — where these people are headed — that is a different thing.

I have added a label indicating where the entrance to the mines is.

Also the only ones aware of them before they are aware of your group are Mango, Timtenzekil and Theodric. I should have made that more clear.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

If tycho is not aware, then they wouldn't do that. My assumption is that in PbP teammates tell one another what they see to keep things moving, unless we're going into initiative and/or a surprise round.

I thought we were much closer to the entrance. I was imagining them basically ducking into the shadows briefly and swapping disguises as a free action — not even moving 10'. Your call as to whatever seems reasonable here, but they are certainly not near the entrance like I thought they were, and without some means of cover I don't think they'd swap disguises!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

How long was the trip back to the mines? Did it involve an overnigh trest with new spells?

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim melds into the ground to avoid notice as best he can, waiting to see how the four react to the party.


Mosquito Witch

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 +4 if Heightened Awareness active
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 +4 if Heightened Awareness active, Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 +2 underground

Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Red, Mongo and Penny do not act in the surprise round,

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round:

Theodric
Blue
Tycho
Red
Melody
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric dissapears into nothingness as he steps forward.

Casting greater invisibility


Mosquito Witch

Theodric disappears.

Blue sees the party and shouts “Intruders!” pointing in the direction of the group.

He then moves forward.

Red, Mongo and Penny do not act in the surprise round,

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round:

Theodric Invisible
Blue
Tycho
Red
Melody
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels

Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Dalviss" whispers the word lemonde. With the code word, everyone should realize Tycho is casting an illusion for a +4 bonus on their will save to disbelieve.

They wave their hands around in the air, vocalizing loudly as they cast their spell — something you haven't seen before.

They become a shorter, more halfling-like version of Dalviss while at the same time, a wall of flame 10 feet high cascades down between two of the larger boulders, cutting off a route of approach for the enemy.

Tycho is using the Halfling Halfling's veil ability, where they can disguise spellcasting as another spell of the same level that they know. DC 24 will save if the enemy combatants try to spellcraft Tycho's spellcasting (assuming they have line of sight, which they might not); if they fail the will save, they think Tycho cast Prayer.

Major image for a wall of fire on the yellow line on the map, heat facing outwards. DC 23 will if interacted with.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody twirls around, banging her tambourine. It’s very inspiring.

Bardic performance starting!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac is uncertain. It seems that whenever he calls upon the miracles of his goddess he is cursed. So he decides to call upon a blessing and gets a lucky presence, then waits to see if the familiar sense of sickening occurs.


Mosquito Witch

Tycho says something and then creates an illusionary wall of fire. He then feels sickened.

Go ahead and make Will saves with the +4 to see if you think the wall of flames is real.

Melody encourages everyone to do their best.

Warpac calls for a blessing and does feel sickened after doing so,

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round:
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric Invisible
Blue
Tycho sickened until start of next turn, concentrating on an illusion
Red
Melody
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels sickened until start of next turn
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

will st, steel soul: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim glides forward slowly, waiting for the enemy to draw near.

Will Save: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 4 = 36

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Will save: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 4 = 25

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Will save: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil glides forward.

Green and Yellow both pull out scrolls.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Major Illusion of a wall of fire, concentrated on by Tycho

Theodric Invisible
Blue
Tycho sickened until start of next turn
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels sickened until start of next turn, believes the wall of fire
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Forgot the negative levels on that save. Should be a 23 (which I think is still enough).

Dark Archive

Theodric casts Haste (should get everyone — Tycho and Warpac are 30' apart exactly), then moves ahead slightly, still invisible but maintaining a conservative position on the battlefield.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric casts Haste and then sneaks away from where he cast it. He feels that queezy feeling again.

Blue gets out a scroll and reads from it. He then disappears.

Had line of sight to Blue and DC 17 Spellcraft:
Invisibilty

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Theodric Invisible, sickened until start of next turn
Blue Invisible
Tycho
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels sickened until start of next turn, believes the wall of fire
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho does an experiment. They concentrate on their illusion, seeing if doing this also makes them sickened. Does concentrating on a spell that was cast also trigger whatever this curse/disease is?

They then move forward, duclking into a crevice in the rock wall.

Standard to concentrate; move.


Mosquito Witch

Tycho finds that just concentrating on a spell is enough to cause his stomach to rumble in a bad way.

Yes, my reading is that concentrating on a spell will cause it.

Red draws a wand as he moves up. He has cover from the rocks where he moved to. He then uses the wand to send missiles at Tycho.
Force Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 3 = 8

Kn: Arcana DC 21:
Magic Missile

I don’t think there is a Spellcraft for identifying a spell from a wand.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Theodric Invisible, sickened until start of next turn
Blue Invisible
Tycho 8 damage sickened until start of next turn
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels sickened until start of next turn, believes the wall of fire
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny

Green
Yellow

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo moves forwrd, a dour look on his face as he draws his sword. Double move forward.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"We don't want to hurt you! I don't think you want to hurt us! Let's just talk about this!"

Melody casts calm emotions, getting green and yellow, but not quite able to get red. DC 18 Will save negates.

Continuing bardic performance!


Mosquito Witch

Mongo rushes towards the cultists.

Melody continues to inspire her team while trying to get the Cultists to calm down and talk about it. Yellow seems willing to think about it.

Green Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Yellow Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Theodric Invisible, sickened until start of next turn
Blue Invisible
Tycho 8 damage, sickened until start of next turn
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels sickened until start of next turn, believes the wall of fire

Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow Much calmer now

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Gliding forward, Tim keeps to the wall, listening to the progress of the battle.

Double move.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Penny trundles forward, keeping up with Tycho.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Is Melody sickened when she casts?


Mosquito Witch

No, Melody does not get sickened. Neither does Timtenzekil.

Timtenzekil carefully moves along through the rock. Penny moves to keep up with Tycho.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Theodric Invisible, sickened until start of next turn
Blue Invisible
Tycho 8 damage, sickened until start of next turn
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels sickened until start of next turn, believes the wall of fire
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow Calm

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Not wanting to get more sickened or go crazy again, Warpac does not try anything interesting at this time. Instead he just takes advantage of the haste and moves up alongside Mongo.

My tag line shows Warpac down 17 HP. I guess 10 would be from the negative levels, but I that would mean he did not heal the other 7. Mind if I blow some charges from my wand for healing while we travelled? I figure Melody could do the casting so that Warpac would not go berserk.


Mosquito Witch

I had assumed you and Mongo had each used a charge to heal yourselves after the spectre fight. The 10 HP would be from the two negative levels.

Warpac moves up and no longer feels sickened.

Does Green know why Yellow is suddenly so Mellow?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Not a clue!

Green moves to where he has a good line of sight and then reads his scroll. A bead shoots from his pointing finger towards Mongo and Warpac, and then explodes in a fiery blaze!

Spellcraft, DC 18:
Yes, it is a fireball

Fire Damage, DC 14 Reflex for half: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1, 1, 4) = 14

Yellow comments to Green “That seems a rather harsh greeting, Hobard.

Bolded may act.

Need DC 14 Reflex saves from Mongo and Warpac for 14 or 7 fire damage. Remember you get +1 Reflex from Haste.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Need Reflex saves from Warpac and Mongo.

Theodric Invisible, sickened until start of next turn
Blue Invisible
Tycho 8 damage, sickened until start of next turn
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 2 negative levels, believes the wall of fire
Mongo 2 negative levels
Penny
Green
Yellow Calm

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

reflex ST, haste, heroism, steel soul, negative levels: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

D'oh, totally forgot about haste! Mongo could have gotten all the way into their faces. That'll teach me to track buffs.

Reflex, 2 negative levels, haste: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 16


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

will to disbelieve: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 30

Theodric moves up to where the fireball just was and retaliates with an invisible acid arrow on green.

Green will get cover from blue, whom I don't know is there.

sickened, hasted, invisible ff touch: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 29
acid damage: 2d4 + 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + (2, 3, 2, 4) + 8 = 21

Assuming that hits Green will need a concentration DC 20+spell level to cast any spells for the next round, due to the "continuous damage"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none
Mongo DePon wrote:
D'oh, totally forgot about haste! Mongo could have gotten all the way into their faces. That'll teach me to track buffs.

Add it to your tag line. Then again you will want to clean up your tag line after every battle if you do that - something I often forget to do. But I'd rather that than miss out on all the nice buffs. Speaking of which, if any of you ever notice that I'm missing one of your buffs on my tag line I would not mind a reminder poke.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric hits Green with the arrow and then feels confused.

Blue moves.
Blue Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Yup! It is a wall of normal fire. Feels hot.

Go ahead and do the DC 20 Perception check to detect an invisible creature, minus range modifiers. My understanding is that tells you there is someone in the area who is invisible, but you don’t know what square.
If your understanding is different, please take it to the discussion thread and we can go through the rules there.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Theodric Greater Invisible, confused until end of next turn
Blue Invisible
Tycho 8 damage, was sickened
Red
Melody believes the wall of fire
Timtenzekil
Warpac 7 damage 2 negative levels, believes the wall of fire
Mongo 7 damage 2 negative levels
Penny
Green 21 damage, more next round from Acid Arrow
Yellow Calm


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

perception: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 = 27

Even knowing there's somebody invisible around doesn't change my action.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Perception, negative levels: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 2 = 0 Lol.

"Huh. Coulda sworn there was another one of them around here somewhere..."

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho ceases concentrating on the wall of fire. Illusion will continue as-is for 3 rounds.

Knowing that their illusion now has a limited shelf-life and that using abilities might cause further harm to themselves, they draw a wand of Obscuring Mist and move back towards the main cave mouth, then activate it, hoping to control the battlefield even after the wall of fire vanishes. Move action + draw wand; standard to activate. Obscuring mist for 1 minute.

No perception check on invisible creature; deaf.

701 to 750 of 1,835 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.