GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


951 to 1,000 of 1,835 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

I don’t think you have a good starting point to track them from, please correct me if I am wrong.
You do have an area map, the hastily drawn map found in their room, and you have recently traveled along the mine roads. If it is unclear to the players what maps had what marked, just ask.

You could pick an ambush spot along the road and wait for them to come to you.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"We could just set up along the road into town, I guess?"


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric nods "There was only one real trail heading out into the mines, right?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"I think we should ask around. Someone must have seen them go sowmewhere. Or are we sure they are outside town right now?"

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"That's a good idea to gather some intelligence, Warpac. Let's see what we can find out from the townsfolk, then set up the ambush. Or do we think it's urgent?"


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric nods "That's an even better idea."


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"


Mosquito Witch

Go ahead and do the Diplomacy for Gather Information checks, along with the number of hours it takes.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Not much of a talker, Mongo keeps an eye out for trouble and anyone who seems particularly worried by his companions' questions.

Perception, 2 negative levels: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 2 = 7
Sense Motive, 2 negative levels: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, 1 hour

Warpac tries to use some of the tricks of diplomacy he learned at the lodge like smiling, using afirmative language, non-threatening body posture, etc., but once again his nervous tic of bopping things with his axe spoils everything.

Should have been casting guidance!

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody talks to the various townsfolk she's met before, trying to get any information she can about the prospectors. She moves quickly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33
time: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho will wait in their room for Ice Cold Lemonade, trusting that the charismatic Melody can take point on gathering the best leads.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric will shadow Melody from a distance as she makes her round to make sure she's not being followed.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Mosquito Witch

From the sounds of it, Tycho is alone while everyone else is following Melody. I assume that Theodric shared his plan with the rest of the group, so although they may not know exactly where he is they expect he is following them.

Tycho:
Tycho waits back at the Inn for his dragon spy. As dusk is setting in, it returns to report to him. It has quite a tale!

It tells him about all the places in town that the prospectors visited, not buying anything. The would stop other people on the street to ask about various places to search for minerals. Each of the past two days at about dusk they would stop by the main public well and stand around for a few minutes. Just before leaving they would dump some powder into the well. They would sneak out of town a few hours after dusk each night, headed down the road you took towards the river crossing. They took the mining roads to what you realize is the Nesher Mines. The draconic ally never tried to follow them into the mines, but they would come back out after about an hour and wander the countryside. They seemed to be gathering some sort of crystals, that they brought back into the mines.

They would make their way back to town in the early morning, and go to their rooms and sleep much of the day. When they came out, they would share the same spoon and eat from it before starting all over again.

——

Melody doesn’t have that much difficulty finding people who have seen the prospectors. She quickly figures out that the easiest way to get information is to allow people to complain about them. The merchants talk about how they come into the stores every day, never buying anything. They would take up their time asking silly questions and looking over the mining gear. Others talk about how they would interrupt them to ask basic questions about mining and mineral deposits in the area.

There are a couple of times where Warpac thinks of exactly the right thing to say, about a minute too late.

As part of this, you get a better description of the four men.

Eventually you spot the group of four. They seem to be loitering near the public well, looking around and talking with each other.

If you want to watch them, I will need Stealth checks. Otherwise let me know what you want to do.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Ahh. More CRYSTALS. Tycho frowns and looks outside, noting that it's dusk.

Ice Cold Lemonade, let us go outside into the world. Can you scout above and tell me where my friends are? The dwarf, the bard, the rock-man, the bald Taldan, the big half-orc, and the large birds — they can't be hard to miss in this podunk town. 60' telepathy

They change into a new disguise: that of Kanik, a roguish gentleman with long black hair and a fine goatee, visiting from a far-away realm.

Ice Cold Lemonade Perception check, if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

I am fine if Tycho misses out on combat with the prospectors due to splitting the party.


Mosquito Witch

Ice Cold Lemonade has no problem finding Melody, Warpac, Mongo and Timtenzekil. It can’t find Theodric though.

The others are only a few blocks away from the public well. The prospectors are at the well, and the people you wanted seem to be close enough that they will soon see them.

Ice Cold Lemonade thinks you could meet up with them shortly after they see the prospectors at the well.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

How close are they to the well? Is one of them within 5ft? And how close are we? Mongo is considering his charging/bullrushing options...


Mosquito Witch

No map yet, but I figure you just came around a bend and saw them. Except for Theodric, neither side was hiding requiring a Perception check to see them.

Since it has a nice fountain in it, I would likely use Village Square as the map. Given that, unless you can charge up steps you don’t currently have a charge lane.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

No stealth here. Imagine that. A plate armored dwarf with no stealth.

"Well, let's go confront the b#$tds."

Indeed, unless someone comes up with a way to halt Warpac he is going to advance menacinglyly and conduct displomacy Warpac style.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

No objections from Melody! Let's get the jerks.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"We lookin' ta subdue or eliminate?" Tim queries, snapping his fingers for Penny to follow.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"We need at least one of them alive to find out what's happening. Maybe we'll finally get some answers!"


Mosquito Witch

Slide 10, I’ve placed people. Thank you to Dennis for adding wells to the map where the fountain was.

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 +4 if Heightened Awareness active
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 +4 if Heightened Awareness active, Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 +2 underground

Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Tycho can enter the map on Round 2, if there is still anyone to deal with.

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round

Theodric
Mango

Yellow
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho
Penny
Mongo

Blue
Warpac
Red
Green

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho sees combat approaching and casts mirror image!

"Kanik" turns to Ice Cold Lemonade and gestures to a rooftop. My good fellow, feel free to hide on that rooftop over there! The pseudo-pseudodragon goes and hides where it's safe. That's the spirit!

Mirror images: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

They then move closer.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Lingering long enough in the hope that there might be a haste spell coming, Warpac casts a bull's strength on himself before marching forward (and also activates sthe sacred armor abilty).

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim moves forward, allowing Penny to follow behind.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

No haste from me at the moment.

Theodric casts spider climb on himself and moves up the building, staying behind the lip for cover.


Mosquito Witch

Tycho creates multiple images of themselves and is relieved when he is not sickened by the action.

Warpac prepares for battle and is sickened until the start of their next turn.

Timtenzekil and Penny move towards the suspicious prospectors.

Some of you may notice Theodric as he casts a spell, but with a building in the way it is unlikely that the prospectors are aware. He gets that queezy feeling in his stomach, but climbs the wall to the roof of the building.

Added back in my notes about the negative levels. The two with them have been taking them into account, but it is still good for me to note that.

Tycho can enter the map on Round 2, if there is still anyone to deal with.

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round

Theodric
Mango
Yellow
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels
Blue
Warpac 2 negative levels
Red
Green

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo rushes forward, ready to engage.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody says, “you can do it!” But rather than start a cheer, she casts haste on her teammates in a cluster.


Mosquito Witch

Mongo rushes forward.

Most everyone feels strangely energized by Melody’s cheer, giving them an extra burst of speed.

Tycho can enter the map on Round 2, if there is still anyone to deal with.

Bolded may act.

Round 1
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric

Theodric Spider climbing and stealthed, was sickened
Mango

Yellow
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels
Blue
Warpac 2 negative levels
Red
Green


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Going to have Mango stabled for this one, hard to follow around stealthily with a loud squawking bird.

Theodric moves quickly, trusting the roof to protect him as he circles around, trusting the distance and building to keep him unsees.

fast stealth: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 17 - 5 = 15


Mosquito Witch

Mango goes wandering off, away from the combat.

Theodric runs along the roof, staying hidden.

Spoiler:

Yellow: 1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 7 = 5
Blue: 1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 8 = 6
Red: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 6 = 1
Green: 1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 8 = -4

Yellow seeing people with weapons out running towards his group says something in Aklo and then pulls out a scroll and reads it. As he finishes reading it, he disappears.

Aklo:
I will go back to the lair. Cover my retreat!

Tycho can enter the map on Round 2, if there is still anyone to deal with.

Bolded may act.

Round 1
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric

Theodric Spider climbing and stealthed, was sickened
Mango
Yellow Invisible, circle is his last known location.
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels

Blue
Warpac 2 negative levels
Red
Green

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Ah, quit tha." Tim rumbles, speaking a few words of power. Green fire burst over the area the man was last seen in, clinging to everything but not burning.

Fairie Fire in a 5ft burst. I'm hoping that will catch him, assuming he did not step away.

"Penny! Fetch!" he continues, pointing to the one in the red tunic.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"MNAR!" Penny crows, pouncing upon the designated target. Biting down hard, she shakes him to the side before releasing for the next chomp.

Bite on Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Nonlethal Damage on Red: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo moves right up next to blue, whacking at him with the flat of his blade. Move 30ft, attack, swift action for Armored Vigor (4 temp hp)

+1 adamantine longsword, nonlethal, 2 negative levels, haste: 1d20 + 15 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 26
Nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Mongo has Step Up and will use it if blue 5ft-steps away.


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil’s spell allows you all to see the glowing nimbus around what must be yellow. You notice the figure brushing his arms trying to get the glow to go away.

Penny takes a bite out of Red, much to their dismay.

Mongo comes up to Blue and clobbers them with the flat of their sword. Curses are strange things, evidently this one doesn’t care if you are using the weapon in the intended fashion or not. Mongo does not feel any sickness.

Tycho can enter the map on Round 2, if there is still anyone to deal with.

Bolded may act.

Round 1
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric

Theodric Spider climbing and stealthed
Mango
Yellow Invisible, Fairie Fire
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images

Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels
Blue 12 NL damage
Warpac 2 negative levels
Red 15 NL damage
Green

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho pulls out their wand of Longstrider and UMD's it. can't fail the check; 30' move

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody moves in and starts jumping up and down. "We can do it!"

First round of bardic performance.


Mosquito Witch

Melody encourages everyone.

Tycho decides moving faster would be better and uses his wand.

Blue doesn’t like being that close to the action, so he takes a step back only to find Mongo follows along!
Already moved both

He then decides to try casting on the defensive, but the thought of Mongo right there unnerves the fellow.
Concentration vs 21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 No where near enough!

Bolded may act.

Round 1
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric Spider climbing and stealthed
Mango
Yellow Invisible, Fairie Fire
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels
Blue 12 NL damage
Warpac 2 negative levels
Red 15 NL damage
Green

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo smiles a big, toothy grin down at the man, his orc lineage on full display.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac moves up next to the nearest opponent (green) and takes the flat of his axe and takes a clumsy swing ath im with it after activating sacred weapon and sacred armor.

To hit Dwarven Double Waraxe, negative levels, inspired +2, nonlethal: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 + 2 - 4 = 13
Damage, inspired, vicious: 1d10 + 2d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (4, 4) + 8 + 2 = 21
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

He thinks about saying something to the fool, but decides against it - knowing the idiot would not listen anyway.


Mosquito Witch

As he activates his sacred weapon and armor Warpac feels queezy. Perhaps that is why he missed.

Blue looks over at Red and asks “Gereno, are these more people coming to collect on your gambling debts? If so, I might just walk!
Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Red replies “Not mine! Probably Pulcheo.” gesturing towards yellow.

Red then takes a step back, pulls out a scroll and reads from it. He disappears.
Red circle in last known location,

Yellow shouts “Hey! I was the one who was going to slip away!

Green takes a step back and casts a spell.

DC 17 Spellcraft:
Scorching Ray

He then points at Warpac and a stream of fire hits him!
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 3) = 13

Tycho may enter the map from any of the edges this round.

Bolded may act.

Round 2
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric Spider climbing and stealthed
Mango is just waiting this out behind a building where it is safe
Yellow Invisible, Fairie Fire
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels
Blue 12 NL damage
Warpac 13 damage 2 negative levels, sickened until start of his next turn
Red 15 NL damage invisible
Green


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric retrieves a scroll of glitterdust from his bag and reads it, hopping to catch red and even potentially blind yellow.

Will DC 13 negates the blindness.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric comes out of hiding to Glitterbomb two of the Cultists. He feels sickened again after reading the scroll.

Red Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Yellow Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Yellow cries out “Arrgh! It is in my eyes!

Quit being such a wimp, Pulcheo!” Red replies.

Yellow carefully feels his way along the platform and down the stairs.
Yellow, end of round Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Tycho may enter the map from any of the edges this round.

Bolded may act.

Round 2
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric Spider climbing, sickened
Mango is just waiting this out behind a building where it is safe
Yellow Fairie Fire, Glitterdust, blinded
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels

Blue 12 NL damage
Warpac 13 damage 2 negative levels, sickened until start of his next turn
Red 15 NL damage Glitterdust
Green

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim moves up beside Penny, speaking more words of power to summon a snaking trail of fire.

Firesnake Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 1, 3, 3) = 36 DC20 Reflex for half.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Penny follows after her target, after the fire dies down.

If Red is up:
Bite on Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Nonlethal Damage on Red: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Claw on Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Nonlethal Damage on Red: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Claw on Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Nonlethal Damage on Red: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Haste Bite on Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Nonlethal Damage on Red: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Upon which road does Tycho enter, clockwise from the top?: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Five Gentleman Kaniks walk onto the scene in and stop near the plaza. They wiggle a finger in the air at Yellow — Tsk, tsk! — and then stab it down, pointing at the man's shadow.

Shadow Trap, DC 21 will save or entangled and cannot move farther than 5 feet from the original position.

Not so fast, my good fellow!

if yellow is dead/unconscious:
Tycho will move to the same position on the map and ready a barbed chains to trip any enemy moving more than 5' away from the square. They should be able to reach any enemy.

Trip, Chain 1: 1d20 + 5 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 7 = 27
Trip, Chain 2: 1d20 + 5 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 7 = 28
Trip, Chain 3: 1d20 + 5 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 7 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

EDIT: Reading comprehension failure on my part. Mongo would not try to go through the fire.

If blue is still up:

"Things will go better for you if you give up now." Mongo tries to enforce his suggestion through a series of taps with the flat of his sword (stopping if Blue goes down).

+1 adamantine longsword, IC, haste, neg. levels, nonlethal: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 18
Nonlethal damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

+1 adamantine longsword (haste), IC, haste, neg. levels, nonlethal: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 29
Nonlethal damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

+1 adamantine longsword (iterative), IC, haste, neg. levels, nonlethal: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 8
Nonlethal damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

If Blue is already down:
Mongo recoils from the fiery snake, moving toward green and smacking him once.

+1 adamantine longsword, IC, haste, neg. levels, nonlethal: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 21
Nonlethal damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11


Mosquito Witch

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

A trail of flames curves and weaves through the area, then goes out. Red falls unconscious as the flames disappear.

Penny has no target, so I will let you redirect her.

Technically Yellow is Invisible, fairie fired and glitterdusted. I don’t think he casts a shadow because there is nothing indicating an invisible creature has a shadow. I had taken invisibility off the list because I hadn’t foreseen it mattering,

Tycho, since it would be obvious there was no shadow, I will use your alternate action.

A newcomer enters the square, or five of the same person. They seem to be prepared to cast a spell.

Blue stays barely standing after Mongo taps him the first time, but collapses on the second hit.

Bolded may act.

Round 2
Haste active for all but Tycho and Theodric
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric Spider climbing, sickened
Mango is just waiting this out behind a building where it is safe
Yellow 36 damage Fairie Fire, Glitterdust, blinded, invisible
Timtenzekil
Melody
Tycho 5 images readied spell
Penny
Mongo 2 negative levels
Blue 18 damage 38 NL damage unconscious
Warpac 13 damage 2 negative levels, sickened until start of his next turn
Red 36 damage 15 NL damage invisible Glitterdust unconscious
Green

951 to 1,000 of 1,835 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.