GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


51 to 100 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

Puzzled, Dalviss looks at Melody and asks "Are you Penny?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac rolls his eyes, his frustration bubbling forth.

"We're a confusing group. We plan to confound your enemies with strange antics."

"As noted, we have little to no information and could use a little guidance."


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric gladly takes some stew and a light drink and waits for the answers to Warpac's questions.


Mosquito Witch

With a shrug, Dalviss sits down to talk with you.

After a quick round of introductions, he gets to the point.

Thank you again for agreeing to help me.

Hopefully Guaril told you about the fallen star?

He pauses, looking around at the group.

I don’t think it is a star, but everyone else in town calls it that. Fortunately, it seems no one has located the fallen star yet, but not for lack of trying. Many hope to strike it rich off star metal.” He sighs and shakes his head.

The situation has changed somewhat, however. We've had several unfortunate events since the night of the meteor. At first it was just livestock going missing, but since then tempers have been rising and violence escalating among the townsfolk.

Some of those who've gone searching for the impact site have disappeared, including one of my own employees, a woman named Leeara. And then there are the four strangers who came to town claiming to be Drumish prospectors, but who I suspect are looking for the fallen star as well.

I'm starting to think the thing that crashed that night in the southern hills brought something to Dustpawn. Something bad!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"I can see why we got so little information. There be strange goins ons, but you need a team to investigate. I say we head over to the impact site and have a look around."


Mosquito Witch

Somewhat embarrassed, Dalviss admits “I don’t know where the object impacted either...

I was watching the sky the night it came down. No one else in town believes me, but I think whatever came down is something other than a meteor.

Holding up his hand to stall any interruptions, he says “Let me explain!

I observed it closely as the object came down from the sky. Meteors don’t slow down as they fall, nor does their trajectory curve during descent.” He uses his hands to illustrate his point as he explains. “I know that the object crashed someone several miles south of town, but with it changing course as it did there is no telling exactly where!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo shrugs as he takes another big bite of stew. "So, we walk south until we find it. I don't mind a little hide-and-seek."


Mosquito Witch

Food:
The stew is bland and over cooked. It doesn’t appear to be so bad it will sicken you, but they do need a better cook!

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"That also explains why that prospector was so jumpy! I agree with Mongo. If we know the general direction, we should be able to find it."


Mosquito Witch

About this time, a gnome walks in and goes over to Nalan at the bar and asks for a lemonade.

Nalan grumbles, looking around. “None. Got goat milk.

Adding Tycho back into the group, having finished his attempts to gather information.


Mosquito Witch

Somewhat worried, Dalviss asks “Do you think that will lead you to the missing people too? I would really like it if you could find my cook, Leeara.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"Of course! I'm sure we can find everyone!"


Mosquito Witch

Dalviss gives a sigh of relief at Melody’s assurance.

Then he suddenly says “Oh! I nearly forgot!

I have set aside rooms for your party. While you are here you can stay for free, including the food — such as it is.

Is there anything else I can do to help you find Leeara or the crash site? Do you think it would help to search her room?

When you are ready, I will show you the rooms you can stay in.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Don't worry yerself. We'll find wha'ever fell and whoever is lost." The stew disappears steadily while Dalviss explains and answers the rest of the party. "Can't hurt nothin' ta look o'er tha quarters for anythin' useful."


Mosquito Witch

Nodding, Dalviss says “I will show you your rooms, and then her room.

He takes you through the center door and down, around the corner, to the end of the hall.

He gets out three keys and opens the rooms at the end of the hallway. “These are my best rooms.

A11

Each of the three rooms has the same design with writing tables, dressers, and a large bed. There is a lantern on the desk. The doors have locks on them.

He hands Melody the three keys, saying “I will let you decide amoungst yourselves who gets which room.

He then brings you back along the hall to some other rooms.

A9

These cozy rooms feature simple doors that can't be locked, clean beds, and a single lantern with enough oil for a night.

Sorry, some of you will have to sleep here.

Once you are ready, he takes you back through the common room. He guides you through the door by the bar to another hallway. “Leeara’s room is here.” he says as he opens one of the doors on the left.

A3

This room appears to have been lived in until recently— the sheets on the bed are rumpled and an open book lies face down, draped over the arm of a chair. A cursory search of the chamber reveals that Leeara's personal belongings are still here, suggesting that she didn't simply pack up and leave.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho nods, taking very small sips of the goat milk. Hope a lemon tree was what fell, exploded its lemon-seeds across the landscape… Happy to help search the room.

Four prospectors? Here? Where are they staying?

Dalviss, is it normal for the cook to go adventuring? Maybe Leeara’s left a cookbook in her room.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo dumps some of his traveling gear on the bed in one of the simple rooms. "This'll do for the likes of me."

-----

"Her stuff's still here. That's a bad sign. Does she have any friends about town that might have seen her?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac will search Leeara's room and leave the others to sort out the sleeping arrangements. "I'll take whatever room is left." It's private, at least.

The first thing he does is try to read the book she was last perusing, then he will dive into a deeper search, flipping and tapping drawers, moving furniture, etc. perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Mosquito Witch
The One Known as Tycho wrote:
Four prospectors? Here? Where are they staying?

Dalviss points to one of the doors that doesn’t have a lock, saying “They are probably asleep in there right now.

A10

The One Known as Tycho wrote:
Dalviss, is it normal for the cook to go adventuring? Maybe Leeara’s left a cookbook in her room.

Adventuring? No, she isn’t the type to go run away for a real adventure like some townsfolk believe. I suppose she could have been investigating the prospectors and gotten into some sort of trouble.

He nervously runs his hand through his hair. “She tended to keep an eye out for anyone that might cause problems. She was suspicious of the four prospectors from Druma, but this time she didn’t have any proof. In all the other instances she brought me proof.

Most people liked Leeara well enough, as I said she was a good cook. She loved animals and seemed to have a way with them. She is also quite capable of surviving in the wild.

Sadly shaking his head, he admits “I probably should have listened to her about the prospectors.

“Mongo DePon” wrote:
"Her stuff's still here. That's a bad sign. Does she have any friends about town that might have seen her?"

If she were still in town, I would have seen her. She isn’t currently in any sort of romantic relationship, and she has no reason to hide from me. In the five years she has worked here, we have gotten along well.


Mosquito Witch

While the three of them are talking, Warpac looks at the book and then around the room.

The book is more of a worn journal and appears to be her personal cookbook. It looks like many of the recipes rely heavily on fresh, local ingredients — at times her disdain for imported ingredients comes across as something of a personal crusade. Near the back she has a list of various local ingredients and where she finds them. Warpac notices that nearly three quarters of the ingredients come from someplace called Old Frog Swamp and there are mentions of overnight expeditions in the swamp where she camps in a cave.

He thinks it would take several hours to read through the whole book in detail.

If someone has Profession Cook or a related skill and wants to look at the book, they can.

The book seems to be the most interesting thing in the room. There is also some survival equipment, a fishing rod and hooks, the makings of a few simple snare traps, and a carved wooden gopher figurine in the room.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody definitely takes one of the fancy rooms.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Where is this 'Old Frog Swamp'? Since, it seems from this book, this was a place she visited regularly it would probably be a good place to start looking for her."


Mosquito Witch

Dalviss snaps his fingers and nods, recalling “Leeara often spent the night in the wild on particularly long harvesting trips.

Tapping the side of his head, he says “Forgive me, must be my advancing age that caused me to forget this obvious clue. She has a cave somewhere out there.

He then gives directions for finding the swamp and approximately where he thinks the cave is.

I’m better at spotting things in the sky than in the wilds or even here.” sweeping his hand to indicate her bedroom. “If she is in trouble and needed someplace to hide out, it is most likely the cave.

Location of the cave marked on Slide 4.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"A'right then. We've a swamp ta search, but four individuals wha' might know somthin'. Want ta wake 'em up?" Tim looks over at Mongo with a knowing grin.


Mosquito Witch

Um....” Dalviss pulls at his collar nervously.

Could you not start a fight in my Inn, please?” He smiles weakly. “Business is bad enough as is.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Putting his hands up, the earthy Pathfinder manages a chastised expression. "Aye, fair 'nough. We ask nicely."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"How far away is this swamp? Maybe we go there today, see what we see, then come back to talk to these folks with more information in hand tomorrow?"


Mosquito Witch

It is about 5 miles to the bridge over the Grackle River” Dalviss says as he points to the south. “Then you go down one of the mining roads for another 7 miles or so, should see the path into the swamp. Think it is less than 2 miles along that path.

Scratching his head, he says “I don’t recall you having any horses, so I would expect it might take as much as seven hours with Melody and Warpac. Humans can do it in five hours or less.

You would miss dinner and probably end up staying out there all night, but you could probably get there late tonight,

It is about 3 in the afternoon.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Dustpawn must sell horse, no?

If it helps us travel faster Tycho will gladly buy or rent a pony.

If we don’t want to fight the prospectors here, can we knock politely?

Tycho will change disguises and then knock on the door unless anyone wants to do something else right now.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric shares his opinion "If she's in trouble the sooner we get there the better, I don't mind needing to camp out."


Mosquito Witch

Mostly we’ve got goats and mining supplies. Could get a mule, no problem.

He pauses to rub his chin as he thinks. “Pretty sure you could get a horse or pony off Barta. They wouldn’t be trained for combat, but should be fine for riding,

No problem buying a normal horse or pony. You would have trouble finding one trained for combat.

I don’t mind my guests being sociable, but those four tend to keep to themselves.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

OK. It seems like talking to these creepy prospectors isn't an option right now.

Dalviss, what do they look like? What are their names? You know, just in case we see them somewhere else.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

Assuming Dalviss can provide a decent description of the sketchy prospectors…:

Tycho takes a room with a window and ducks inside. With the door closed, they move into the pool of late afternoon sunlight that splashes across the wooden floor. Tycho moves their hands about and mutters arcane words, fingers casting shadows that gradually coalesce into the torso, claw, wing, and head of a dragon.

Shadow Conjuration: dracopnic ally. with form of the dragon I. My understanding is that you don't get the size change, just "all of the abilities granted" by the form of the dragon spell.

Tycho bows to the tiny pseudodragon, who telepathically wonders what it's doing here. Tycho responds in kind. Welcome to existence! Don't worry, your stay here will be brief. Your name is Ice Cold Lemonade! I hope you like it. Please do me a favor, Ice Cold Lemonade. There are some mean prospectors in another room of this inn. I will give you their descriptions in a moment. Go to the roof and hide. Don't let anyone see you. Watch for when the mean prospectors leave this inn. Follow them, but be stealthy, and stay safe! Don't get too close! Keep hidden! I hope to be back tomorrow morning. Meet me here at noon and tell me what they've done and where they've gone, and anything else you think is interesting. If I'm not here, go find the prospectors if you can and follow them more, and them come back again at nighttime. Repeat this every day until we meet again, or you stop existing.

Ice Cold Lemonade stats for scouting:
HP: 3 (1/5 of 15)
Stealth mod: +18
Darkvision
Fly 60 (poor)


Mosquito Witch

It is an option, but I wanted you to know you would be waking them and Inn owners generally don’t like fights on their property.

Names? Let me think a moment...they were Bellius, Pulcheo, Gereno and Ermeto.

The description isn’t really great. Humans with pale skin, black hair on all but Gereno who is a red head, and he isn’t sure of their eye colors.

As for your plan, the prospectors always stay together and are the only other guests here. Using that, you could give enough for your plan to work.

Tycho claims one of the rooms and goes in there, closing the door. If you listen closely you can here him chanting and later talking. He comes back out about 15 minutes later.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Once away from the innkeeper and in private Tycho will absolutely share their plan.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"I love the plan. Do you have a messaging spell too so you can keep in touch with it? Other than to get information from those prospectors, I don't see any point in sticking around here, and that seems to be taken care of."


Mosquito Witch

Judging that he has answered all of your current questions, Dalviss takes his leave saying “Let me know if there is anything more I can do.

I assume it is shortly after that when Warpac talks of the plan.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Ice Cold Lemonade's words can only reach my brain from a small distance. 60' telepathy

Tycho frowns sadly. I used my bird feather last month… we'll have to find Ice Cold Lemonade here tomorrow.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Let's get going then. It would be good to reach the cave before nightfall."


Mosquito Witch

You head over to Barta’s place.

You find they do have enough riding horses and ponies along with equipment for the group, along with the equipment to outfit them. They even have a couple for riding dogs, noting that the halflings and gnomes tend to prefer them.

They do try and sell you a mule, noting how sure footed they are and can carry a heavy load!

You buy the mounts and equipment and make your way.

Standard prices


Mosquito Witch

If everyone is mounted, slowest speed would be 40’. The trip takes a little under 4 hours.
Should be about 7:30 pm, we will call it normal light conditions. Soon it will go to dim light.

Spoiler:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 darkvision 60 ft.
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 +3 more if doesn’t rely on hearing, low-light vision
Theodric: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Mango: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 low-light vision
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38 +2 stonework, darkvision 60 ft.
Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 low-light vision, scent
Warpac: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 darkvision 60 ft.

Overall the trails have been clear and you have made good time on your mounts. Timtenzekil is the first to spot the turn off from the mining road into the swamp, but several of you saw it before getting close.

It is early evening as you get in sight of the river coming from the swamp path.

The narrow path winds along a low ridge that snakes its way through the boggy landscape all the way to the banks of the Grackle. A loamy smell assaults the senses, while the ever-present croaking of frogs permeates the air, giving the impression that they converse with visitors to this area. The croaking seems to grow louder as the group approaches the river.

Slide 7

A relatively dry track winds up to the southern bank of the Grackle River, bordered on either side by tangles of marshy undergrowth. Across the river, a thirty-foot-high ridge rises up into densely forested mountains.

Directly across the river, a dark cave entrance beckons.

The Grackle River is only 30 feet wide at this point, and the waters appear calm.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Once on the outskirts of the town, Tim produces the small figurine from his pocket. "Time ta get ta work then." Placing it on the ground, he speaks a word. Rapidly growing in size, the stone coloring fades to mottled brown, until a full owlbear stands before the party.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

With a shake of her feathered head, the owlbear screeches "MNARRRRRR!" and sets upon Timtenzekil, beak clacking on his stony head.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

A gravelly laugh barks forth from underneath the fur and feathers. "Aye, ah love you too, Penny. 'ope ye slept well then, time ta be off." Penny stops beaking him and settles back, amazingly docile given the reputation of owlbears.

Tim will cast greater longstrider on himself and greater magic fang on Penny, both extended with his metamagic rod.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho buys a small riding dog and rides it in the guise of a tall human prospector named Pearl Heart. The sight is disconcerting. They snap their suspenders and laugh delightedly when the Owlbear appears. Ha, ha, ha, ha! Hello, Penny!

Tycho uses the wand of longstrider and the wand of Heightened Awareness. Tycho will pop heightened awareness if they run into trouble, increasing their initiative modifier to +9

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac purchases a mule, nothing fancy.

"Interesting mount. I used to live on the north edge of the Five Mountains. Just to the north were some pretty wild lands with all kinds of creatures like your Penny. They say I was born out there."

Warpac ties off his mule and dismounts, stretches a bit, and heads in towards the cave.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member
The One Known as Tycho wrote:
They snap their suspenders and laugh delightedly when the Owlbear appears. Ha, ha, ha, ha! Hello, Penny!

Seeing the small Pathfinder, Penny lumbers over and brings her face close to theirs. Beak almost brushing their nose, the owl ear cocks her head to the left, then to the right. ”Mnar.” With that pronouncement, Penny straightens and waddles back over to Tim.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric will succumb to the sales pitch and buy the mule as well.

Theodric will use his wand of mage armor and wand of heightened awareness seeing the dark cave ahead.
raising init to +20

As he draws his adamantine dagger Theodric asks "Does anybody else get a bad feeling about this cave?"

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho also casts light on their dagger.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo hops down off his newly-bought horse and straps his shield to his arm. Drawing his sword, he responds. "It's just a dark, foreboding cave. What could go wrong?" Once everyone else is ready he strides toward the stream, scanning for wildlife.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Absolutely e'erythin'." Tim suggests, checking his shield straps as the party moves forward.

51 to 100 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.