GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


101 to 150 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

Spoiler:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 darkvision 60 ft.
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 +3 more if doesn’t rely on hearing, low-light vision
Theodric: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Mango: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 low-light vision
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 +2 stonework, darkvision 60 ft.
Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 low-light vision, scent
Warpac: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 darkvision 60 ft.

It is just as you are discussing what could go wrong that Timtenzekil and Melody spot something near the river.

Make that multiple things wallowing in the streambed. Four of them. They are big and they have noticed you.

Kn: Nature to identify them
I will place them on the map soon, have to make a quick trip first.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"Aha, we ain't alone 'ere!"


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil:

Four Giant Bullfrogs.
Advanced giant frog
N Large animal

They tend to be very territorial.

One question.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Oh, and they heard that! Evidently like most animals they don’t understand common.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

GM:
Wild Empathy if possible: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Tim would want to know how big a creature they can eat, as he's guessing everyone here is at risk of it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo looks up suddenly as Timtenzekil speaks. "Huh? Where? What are they?" He looks around, trying to position himself between the party and the unseen threat, somehow.


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil:

Yes, it can swallow whole! The good news is it can’t swallow whole a horse.

The bad news is all the people here are currently smaller than a horse.

Initiative has not been rolled, so you can try it. Move to the front of the group and you probably want to tell them what you are doing.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Easy, friend. If'n we don't provoke 'em, mayhap ah can move 'em off." Timtenzekil approaches slowly, stepping in front of the party. "Giant frogs, lovely things, but as likely to eat ya as lick ya."


Mosquito Witch

Evidently these frogs don’t like talking rocks. They do not find Timtenzekil’s actions calming. That or they want to lick a rock.

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 +4 if Heightened Awareness active
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 +4 if Heightened Awareness active, Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 +2 underground

Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

No surprise round.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Theodric
Mango

Orange frog
Green frog
Melody
Red Frog
Mongo
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny
Blue frog


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!" Mango waddles forward and blesses his favorite Mongo.
Casting Guidance on Mongo.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Meanwhile Theodric takes advantage of his heightened awareness and moves forward through the low grass, before conjuring forth 5 flaming knives and tossing a pair of them at the red tinted frog.

Casting fiery shuriken and throwing 2 at the red frog, leaving 3 'shuriken' floating around.

FF touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
FF touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

If at least 1 hits... Sneak Attack Damage: 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 4, 6) + 10 = 31


Mosquito Witch

It is marsh off the path, so treat as shallow bog. Basically difficult terrain.

Mango gives a Mongo a friendly peck.

Giving Theodric a chance to redo based on Shallow Bog where it is green.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

I'll still move into the bog, just less far, I have sniper goggles so sneak attack at any range, but no extra +10 damage


Mosquito Witch

Figured out a way to make it work.

Theodric starts running forward. Seeing the marshy ground ahead, he takes a running leap in order to get closer to his target.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

His feet sink into the muck where he lands and then he casts his spell. Both of the two flaming daggers he sends that way hit the red frog.

Orange moves into the river and waits for food to come to it.

Green gives it’s battle cry and hops into the path.
Ribbit!
Acrobatics to leap: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

It then shoots its tongue out at Theodric, getting him around the waist.
Lick: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Pull w/CMB: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

It fails to pull Theodric any closer.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Theodric
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage
Mongo guidance
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny
Blue frog


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

moved back up after the ninja. thanks GM.


***BZZZT*** "Botting for Meeeeelodyyyyyyy" ***BZZZT*** (at her direction)

"Oh, that mud does look annoying. C'mon everyone, pick up your feet and dance!"

Melody begins to sing an upbeat tune from her days with the Mersenne Family Traveling Band, filling her allies with courage. As she sings she begins to move her hands, weaving arcane words in with the lyrics as the tempo seems to increase dramatically.

Move action to begin Bardic Performance (Inspire Courage +2), standard action to cast haste.


Mosquito Witch

Looks like the haste can get everyone except Theodric.

Melody demonstrates why she was given her name, and most of you find yourselves moving faster!

Red is unhappy with those flaming daggers and the one who sent them at it! It tries to jump to him!
Acro to jump: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

It makes a magnificent leap and then pushes forward far enough to attack.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 = 16

It barely misses him!

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric (best to adjust AC/reflex and note haste in conditions so I don’t forget)

Theodric
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage
Mongo guidance
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny

Blue frog

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Thanks to Melody's magic, Mongo is able to reach the green frog through the swampy ground. He plows forward, unafraid of any reprising strike, and swings his sword at the creature, sizing it up for future maneuvers as he does.

+1 adamantine longsword, Power Attack, guidance, haste, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage, Power Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 21


Mosquito Witch

Green bites Mongo as he comes in.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
damage, DR: 2d6 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 12 - 3 = 18
Grab: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

Mongo is too big to get in a single bite!

Mongo then shows the frog the error of its way.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric

Theodric
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog 21 damage used 1 AoO
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny

Blue frog

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho moves forward and silently casts a spell; a huge water snake moves through the water and muck, hissing as it nears one of the frogs. All Tycho's spells are treated as if they have silent spell metamagic.

Major Image; DC 23 to disbelieve if interacted with. Hoping to scare a frog or two away, or at least distract them.

They shout encouragement to their creation: Get them, Stranglin' Pete!


Mosquito Witch

Tycho casts his spell and suddenly a huge snake arises out of the water near Orange Frog, hissing at the frogs.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact

Theodric
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog 21 damage used 1 AoO
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny

Blue frog

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Sorry, guess they a' bit too hungry!" Tim whistles for Penny to join him, preparing a spell. As the owlbear moves to stand in front, he speaks words of power and touches Penny lightly. Her skin grows thicker, as sheets of bark grow under the fur.

Guard command and casting barkskin on Penny.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Penny gnaws on the freshly grown bark a bit, eyes never leaving the frogs ahead.

Ready to attack anything that comes in reach.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac makes his way towards the frogs after casting a Bull's Strength on himself. Even with haste, the bog prevents him from getting near enough to take a swing. As a swift action he mumbles a request to Desna and activates his sacred armor ability.


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil uses his magic to protect Penny while requesting the animal protect him.

Warpac uses his magic to prepare for battle while moving up towards it.

Blue sees a foe that is easier to get to, the snake. It is also much deeper into their territory! Blue swims towards the snake and tries to lick it.
Lick: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

It is puzzled by what happens but still considers the snake a threat.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact

Theodric
Mango

Orange frog Ready
Green frog 21 damage used 1 AoO
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny guard
Blue frog


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!" Mango casts guidance on Tycho before waddling down the path, trying to catch up with Mongo without getting too bogged down.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric draws a wand, and activates it, filling his section of the frog filled bog with fog.

Obscuring Mist


Mosquito Witch

Mango gives Tycho a peck and then waddles after Mondo.

Theodric grabs a wand and uses it to bring forth mist.

Orange Frog swims over and attacks the intruding snake.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

It croaks in frustration.

Green Frog has someone right there to bite.
bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
damage, DR: 2d6 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 12 - 3 = 15
This time, it doesn’t even come close!

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog 21 damage
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny guard
Blue frog

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

While maintaining her song, Melody skips forward and hits an especially high note, directed at the blue frog.

Ear-piercing Scream!

sonic damage: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 1, 3) = 17, dazed for 1 round. DC 17 Fort save halves the damage and avoids the daze.


Mosquito Witch

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Blue doesn’t like Melody’s high note.

Red still wants a bite of Theodric.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1) + 12 = 19
Miss chance, 21+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 91

Grab: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 Think I’ve been using the wrong bonus. Grab is a grapple attempt.

Theodric is part way in the Frog’s Mouth!

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage Grappled by Red
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog 21 damage
Melody
Red Frog 40 damage Grappling Theodric
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny guard

Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo growls and puts his shoulder into the frog in front of him, attempting to push it back onto its heels and over onto its back.

Improved Bull Rush, haste, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 26 <--9 bludgeoning damage if successful.

If Bull Rush is successful:
Improved Overrun (free action via Breaker Momentum), haste, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 38 <--9 bludgeoning damage if successful. +2 to its CMD for having 4 legs. Improved Overrun means it does not have the option to side-step the overrun. If this beats the creature's CMD by 5 then it is knocked prone.

and

+1 Armor spikes (swift action via Spiked Destroyer), haste, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 29
Damage, Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric cries out in pain as he gets wrapped up in the beginning of the frog's mastication process.

Not that it matters with that roll but I think it should be 50% miss chance 10 feet away. Also does the frog then pull me adjacent as per a normal grapple?

Also I accidentally gave you 5 dice of sneak attack damage instead of 4 as appropriate on my first roll. Looks like 8 less damage to my red froggy buddy.


Mosquito Witch

Mongo pushes his frog over, tearing into it with his armor spike as he does so.

Had to reread Obscuring Mist a few times. I think you are right. Yes, should have pulled you closer. I have adjusted for that as well.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage Grappled by Red
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog 52 damage, prone
Melody
Red Frog 32 damage Grappling Theodric (revised sneak damage)
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny guard

Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

It looks like Blue and Orange are currently occupied with the snake, so Tycho will continue the ruse

Tycho cannot see through the mist or hear Theodric's cry. Knowing that the snake is currently distracting two of the frogs, they concentrate on keeping it real with Stranglin' Pete.

Stranglin' Pete hisses loudly, ochre poison dripping from fangs, and wriggles 5 feet to the Southeast. The stink of disturbed swamp muck rises into the air. Pete tries to sullenly lash out at a frog, but seems to hit only air! this is just flavor, figments can't really attack anything.

Tycho also moves in closer to better see the action.

Standard action to concentrate; move closer.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac makes it up to the red frog after a slog trough the fog.

"There ya are ya bestie"

Having just enough time to bring his axe down on it.

Actions:

Swift action to gain +1 and vicious via sacred weapon.
Move action to get there
standard action to attack

+15/1d10 +2d6 +13 Power Attack with Dwarven Double Waraxe [1d10; crit x3; dmg: S] (+6[BAB] +3[str] +1[wpn foc] +1[enh] -2[pwa] +2[bull str] +1[haste] +2[inspired] +1[sac wpn]/1d10 +2d6[vicious] +3[str] +4[pwa] +1[enh] +2[bull str] +2[inspired] +1[sac wpn])

To hit Dwarven Double Waraxe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (10) + (4, 2) + 13 = 29
Feedback Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Mosquito Witch

Tycho continues to sell the snake to the frogs, moving up as he concentrates on the illusion.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage Grappled by Red
Mango
Orange frog Ready
Green frog 52 damage, prone
Melody
Red Frog 32 damage Grappling Theodric
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny guard

Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Penny, fetch!" Tim points at the frog menacing Mongo. Then he moves into the mist to see about assisting the impromptu dinner party. Moving fully forward, Tim comes upon the frog and growls. "Theodric, git outta there!"

Despite the phrasing, Penny has been given the Subdue command to deal nonlethal damage. Tim double moves up and used Liberating Command to give Theodric an Escape Artist attempt at +20.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"Mnar!" Penny stomps through the marsh, moving through the mist to approach from an unexpected angle.

Double move, hopefully gaining 20% miss chance moving into the last square.


Mosquito Witch

Looks like Warpac attacked at the same time as I posted. Didn’t see it before.

Miss chance, 21 or more hits: 1d100 ⇒ 61

His axe slices into the frog! It looks badly hurt!

Timtenzekil gives Penny her orders and then wanders into the mist to help Theodric.

As Penny is coming out of the mist, green makes a feeble attempt to attack her.
Bite, prone: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 5) + 12 = 23

More to come soon!


Mosquito Witch

Blue double moves towards that high note!

Timtenzekil and Penny may make an AoO.

Bolded may act.

Round 3:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage Grappled by Red, free Escape Artist check at +20
Mango

Orange frog
Green frog 52 damage, prone
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage Grappling Theodric
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue
Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Bite AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Penny snaps at the frog, offbalance. Tim just raises his shield and lets the owlbear do the fighting.


Mosquito Witch

Penny misses the frog.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Immediate escape artist: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 23 + 20 = 56
I'm going to assume that makes it.

Theodric looks into the future via Prescience. 1d20 ⇒ 7

With the help of Timtenzekil Theodric easily pops free. Nodding to the Oread Theodric withdraws from the red frog, sneaking into the fog.

Withdrawing at half speed to sneak.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

From the edge of the fog Theodric then swiftly fires one of his flaming shuriken at the green frog. 2 shuriken remaining

touch AC, using Prescience -4 into melee, not counting cover: 7 + 10 - 4 = 13
fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

If the frog is flatfooted to me, that'll be vs flatfooted touch and add Sneak Damage: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 6) + 8 = 26


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"

Mango heads towards combat, joining the Owlbear in a flank on the green frog, trying to give it a nasty peck.

hasty, flanking, inspired bite: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 5 = 13
damage: 1d3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) - 4 + 2 = 1


Mosquito Witch

Green Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Theodric, remember that the bog is double movement cost. I suspect you moved 30’ so -5 to Stealth. That or provoked from Blue.

Theodric slips away from Red and then sends burning death at Green. Green is dead and partially...I would say cooked except for how badly burned it is.

Mango gets one of the less crispy bits.

Orange Frog tries again to attack the snake.

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6) + 12 = 19
Crit?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

The frog’s mouth bites into nothing? The frog gives up on the snake.

Bolded may act.

Round 3:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage
Mango
Orange frog
Green frog 87 damage, very dead
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue
Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody reaches out and grabs Theodric's leg, casting heroism. "You can do it, Theodric!"

She stops her dance and scurries behind Mongo, drawing a dagger as she moves.

Lingering performance! Bardic performance is still up for three rounds.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

I think I have the move speed to make it happen. I have a move speed of 35, I withdrew giving me 70 feet of movement. With bog and half speed going south was 20ft, going SE was 30 feet, then east again for 20 more feet makes 70. Added a line on the map to show my movement, feel free to delete, or I'll remove it when I go next. I'll try and leave a note in the future when things like that are close so you know I'm not missing something (like the bog in my first movement of the combat)


Mosquito Witch

The double move is what I missed. Thanks, sorry for the confusion.

Melody stops dancing, but it was so good everyone still feels inspired by what they saw.

She then makes Theodric feel really heroic while on her way to Mongo.

Red Frog fearing for it’s life withdraws towards the water.

Bolded may act.

Round 3:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage
Mango
Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue

Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac moves to the edge of the fog and casts a Divine Favor on himself (and drops the sacred weapon - for now).

"Come here beastie!"


Mosquito Witch

Warpac rushes after the fleeing frog, angry that he has just made it to the target when it hopped away!

Bolded may act.

Round 3:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage
Mango
Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake

Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue

Blue frog 8 damage, unhappy with Melody’s high notes

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Rather than flail ineffectually, Tim concentrates on defense in the mist. "Penny! New friend!" he calls out.

Total Defense, AC29.

101 to 150 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.