GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


201 to 250 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric will use 2 charges from his infermal healing wand to heal as the coins and other treasures are recovered from the river.

He will also refresh his heightened awareness wand.


Mosquito Witch

Status as you enter the cave:

Melody
Mongo 1 damage
Tycho shield of faith 0 / 8 minutes, heightened awareness 0 / 10 minutes
Warpac Bull’s Strength 5 / 8 minutes
Timtenzekil
Penny barkskin 5 / 100 minutes
Theodric heightened awareness 0 / 10 minutes, heroism 5 / 100 minutes, Mage Armor 10 / 60 minutes
Mango

I believe both of the people using Heightened Awareness want them dismissed when Initiative is roll.

Corrections welcome.

Since the cave is dark, those who have light sources out should state that.

Currently known light sources:
Penny has Light cast on her chain.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Correct on the heightened awareness. Also mage armor up for an hour from when we first saw the river.

Theodric can't see in the dark, but would prefer if somebody else carried light so he can be sneaky when appropriate.


Mosquito Witch

Spoiler:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 darkvision 60 ft.
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 +3 more if doesn’t rely on hearing, low-light vision
Theodric: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Mango: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 low-light vision
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35 +2 stonework, darkvision 60 ft.
Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 low-light vision, scent, Timtenzekil casts light on her chain when needed
Warpac: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 darkvision 60 ft.

After a short, damp tunnel, the passageway widens into a modest and relatively dry cavern. Several bulging burlap sacks are stacked next to a barrel on the far side of the cave, before which lie two bloody, robe-clad corpses.

Melody has her Dancing Lights active so she can see.

Warpac and Mongo are just inside the cave, the rest of you are in the tunnel. Penny and Tycho are currently far enough back in the tunnel that they can’t even see the cave.

Timtenzekil:
You notice something strange about the wall in the small alcove just to the east. Mongo and Warpac have already gone past it before you saw it.

The spot is approximately where that letter S is on the map. :)

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

I mentioned before starting combat against the frogs that Tycho cast Light. I'll try to fit that into the character's slashline too. done

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac starts looking around for signs of habitation. There should be something since the cave was well loved.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 (no stonecunning)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo scans for movement, sure that something is going to jump out at them.

Perception (Darkvision if needed): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody peers at the corpses, trying to figure out who they might have been.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 (just to recognize if they were locals? Miners? Something else?)


Mosquito Witch

Without touching anything, there is nothing obvious for signs of habitation. On the other hand, there aren’t a lot of vermin around. If the place were abandoned for long, there would be some activity.

It would be Heal or Survival to determine how long ago the battle that killed the people was.

Mongo doesn’t see any obvious threat.

Melody finds a strange amulet — a black disc with a ring of white dots around the rim. She can see one, but would need to move the bodies to determine if the other also had such a device.

Kn: Arcana or Religion check to identify the design of the amulet.

That is what you can determine from the entrance without touching anything.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric watches from the hallway and casts a detect magic into the room, concentrating for several rounds if necessary.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac starts scanning with a detect poison.

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20, to identify the design.

If nothing shows and Tycho gets nothing else from his detect magic besides the amulets, Warpac will go further in and flip the bodies, then examine the bags.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric concentrates for three rounds just to be able to see past the magical items that his companions have on them.

He detects three magical auras where the bodies are and one under the sacks.

Two of the auras with the bodies are faint and the other is moderate.
The aura under the sacks is moderate strength,

Since he can also see the amulet that Melody was looking at, he knows that it has a faint aura and he is able to identify it as an Amulet of Natural Armor +1. The other two items with auras are under the bodies.

——

Warpac does not recognize the design on the amulet.

He detects that everyone except Penny has been poisoned,

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Upon "hearing" this news, Tycho immediately gets out a scroll of Delay Poison and uses it on themself. 3 hours.

I have 4 more castings on this scroll if anyone wants…

Fixing… ahh, poison isn't really my thing… Oracle but not trained in heal

Tycho looks around frantically to see where the source might be coming from — air, water, cave walls? perception: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 +3 if not hearing-based

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody casts communal delay poison, spreading it between everyone who wants it.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Mosquito Witch

Melody doesn’t recognize the design on the amulet either.

We can wait on expending the Delay Poison scrolls until Warpac actually gets to see his use of the spell give a positive result. He might want to even try to identify the poison.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho will try arcana in the meantime, but get no better than Melody. arcana: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

know religion: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Theodric takes a turn examining the amulet after his detect magic.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Huh. Tha's a strange turn o' events." Tim mutters, looking around the walls. "Got a sekrit o'er 'ere, some sort o' door."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Huh. Anything hiding behind it?" Mongo makes his way through the crowded cave entrance toward the new-found secret door.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric recognizes the design as one of several favored by cultists of the Dominion of the Black.

Kn: Arcana or Religion for knowledge of The Dominion of the Black cultists.
I do allow Aid on Knowledge checks. It takes a standard action (not exactly a problem here, but is during combat) and has to be with the same skill.

Timtenzekil pokes around in the small alcove.

Timtenzekil, now that you are inspecting the area:
There is a cleverly painted canvas sheet that looks like a cave wall. You can pull it aside sort of like a drape or tent flap.

To anyone with Stonecunning it is obvious that they didn’t match the rock pattern at all! You could not fail to notice it.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Aid Theodric on Religion: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Will take 10 for 28+ assists


Mosquito Witch

After a bit of discussion, Theodric and Tycho come up with the following things they know about The Dominion of the Black and it’s cultists.

The Dominion of the Black is associated with the dark places between the stars—a realm known to scholars as the Dark Tapestry.

Little is known about the Dominion of the Black—whether it is a cabal of strange creatures, a collective of an unknown race, or a single eldritch force is unclear.

The needs and desires of the Dominion are tended on worlds like Golarion by cultists and the insane—pawns who rarely, if ever, actually know why they do the things they do or have any insight at all into the Dominion's goals or nature.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"I guess that someone obsessed with the spaces out there would be interested in a meteor, no? Doesn't explain how they ended up dead, though."

Wisdom check to identify poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"No idea what poison this is - probably some dark tapestry thing. I can deal with most poisons by calling upon Desna for a miracle, but I'll need rest and a chance to pray first. I'd rather we keep investigation first."

Warpac flips the bodies and opens the bag, using detect magic to locate the magic items.


Mosquito Witch

Flipping over the bodies, Warpac finds another of the amulets and a wand still grasped in the dead person’s hands.

As soon as he touches the bags, he hears the snap of a cord breaking. He sees a log come swinging down at him! It then swings out through the chamber towards Melody!
Attack vs Warpac: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 vs Flat Footed since you were not aware of the trap
Damage: 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 8, 4, 5) + 12 = 30

Attack vs Melody: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 vs Flat Footed since you were not aware of the trap
Damage: 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 5) + 12 = 32

Although quite noisy, both of you are able to evade the swinging log.

The sacks contain food, water, and other survival supplies. Given what you know, you suspect they were most likely left here by the cook. Warpac searches around and finds a hidden stash containing 296 gp, a garnet worth 250 gp, and an empty bag. He is about to discard the bag when Theodric tells him “Wait! That bag is magical.

Checking closer, you discover the bag is bigger on the inside than the outside.
Theodric does not identify it with Taking 10.


Mosquito Witch
Warpac wrote:


"No idea what poison this is - probably some dark tapestry thing. I can deal with most poisons by calling upon Desna for a miracle, but I'll need rest and a chance to pray first. I'd rather we keep investigation first."

It is at this point that I assume Tycho and Melody do the Slow Poisons.

Please divide up the duration of the Communal Slow Poison and let me know the results.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim and Penny can be left out of the calculations.


Mosquito Witch

Meanwhile, Theodric identifies the wand as a Wand of Magic Missiles, CL5, with four charges left. The other amulet was like the first, Amulet of Natural Armor +1 with the design of the Black Dominion on it.

I’ve added them to the notes.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho will use the scroll to net 3 hours. I think Melody's communal will end up being less than that. Profile updated.

Tycho will also bop those in need with wands if they ask.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo scratches his head. "What poison? I don't feel anything." Seems like we haven't felt any effects yet, right?


Mosquito Witch

You are correct, the onset on this one is long.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Don't know. All I know is that by Desna's power, I know that we are all poisoned. So, so wants an amulet and who wants the wand?"

Warpac checks the bag to see if there is anything in in already, reaching his hand inside.

After making sure the food is not poisoned, he starts stuffing the supplies and coinage into the bag.

"Hopefully we will find some answers beyond that fake wall. Shall we?"


Mosquito Witch

None of the supplies here are poisoned.


Mosquito Witch

Pulling the canvas aside, you find another tunnel that widens into a cavern.

This wide cavern has an unusually low ceiling, only twelve feet high. Tangles of roots protrude from the southern ceiling and walls, and the entire chamber feels damp and moist.

A large nest of leaves, furs, straw, and blankets is heaped to the northeast. Sheets of canvas have been pinned to the northern walls, onto which numerous pockets have been stitched.

A small firepit sits near the entrance to the cave, but it is currently unlit.

Nest represented by brown explosion symbol, canvas by broken line.

Spoiler:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 darkvision 60 ft.
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 +3 more if doesn’t rely on hearing, low-light vision, light on dagger when needed
Theodric: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Mango: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 low-light vision
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 +2 stonework, darkvision 60 ft.
Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 low-light vision, scent, Timtenzekil casts light on her chain when needed
Warpac: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 darkvision 60 ft.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

Kn: Nature DC 7 on bear-like thing:
It is a wolverine. They tend to be ill tempered and you wouldn’t expect it to lair with a feline.

Kn: Nature DC 7 on feline:
It is a leopard. You are pretty sure they are not native to this area.

Combat post coming in soon!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"O' bloody 'ell." Tim laments.


Mosquito Witch

The two animals greet you with low growls.

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 4 = 31 Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 +2 underground

Kitty: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Teddy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes
Melody

?
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Kitty
Teddy
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

kn nature untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
kn nature untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric knows things about animals.

nature: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
nature: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13

Right before casting haste and stepping forward Theodric comments, "Wolverine's an' cats ain't natural together."

Theodric then scans the roots at the back for potential animal masters.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

standard haste, 5ft step, move look


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"

Guidance for Theodric.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody starts jumping up and down. "Don't worry! We have this!"

Inspire courage is up! +2/+2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Melody raises her arms and an explosion of glitter appears, covering the wolverine, the leopard, and the nest.

DC 18 Will save to avoid being blinded!


Mosquito Witch

Theodric:

Wolverine
Special Attacks rage
Speed 30 ft., burrow 10 ft., climb 10 ft.
Senses low-light vision, scent

I think that is about all there is to a Wolverine.

Leopard
Special Attacks pounce, rake

Melody:

Wolverine
Special Attacks rage
Speed 30 ft., burrow 10 ft., climb 10 ft.
Senses low-light vision, scent

I think that is about all there is to a Wolverine.

Leopard
Special Attacks pounce, rake
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Senses low-light vision, scent

I think that is about all there is to a Leopard.

Theodric casts his spell and looks around for more opponents.
Mango give Theodric a lucky peck.

Melody cheers and decorates the area with pretty glitter!
Teddy’s Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kitty’s Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Both are blinded!

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste
Inspire Courage

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes
Melody
?
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Kitty blind
Teddy blind
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Waddling forward, Penny settles next to Mongo, grumbling warningly at the two creatures ahead.

Readied Attack:
Nonlethal Bite: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 24
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 19

Guarding Mongo on last order, readied to attack the first creature to come in reach.


Mosquito Witch

Suddenly from behind the curtain sprints something, shrieking in anger. It springs towards Warpac, strikes, and jumps back!

She is wearing studded leather armor and carries a rapier and a dagger. She has cat-like eyes and a furry hide.

See Slide 3 for a picture of the creature.

mwk cold iron rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

She misses Warpac.

She then screams “My cave! Go away!

Kn: Local for woman, DC 24 (no peeking!):

She is human?!?

Female human mutant with class levels
CN Medium humanoid (human)

You don’t know what mutated her, but she once was a normal human. It doesn’t look like the mutation is fully complete yet.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes
Melody
? What ?
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage

Kitty blinded
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo has no knowledge (local), so will act to defend his party.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Taking advantage of his hasted speed, Mongo loops around and tries to push her back and over, away from her animal friends. Moved to the starting point of the bullrush attempt. If successful, he will initiate an overrun in the next square back, ideally ending with her on the ground and his back against the far wall.

Bull Rush, haste, IC: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 38 9 bludgeoning damage if successful.

If Bull rush is successful:
Overrun, haste, IC: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 29 9 bludgeoning damage if successful, and prone if that beat her CMD by 5.

AND

+1 Armor spikes, haste, IC: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 29
Damage, IC: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13


Mosquito Witch

Mongo pushes the creature back, knocking her to the floor as he rushes past her. The spikes on his armor cut into her, but she doesn’t seem to have taken as much damage as expected from being pushed around.

Ow! Ow! Stop the spikes!

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes
Melody
? What ? 27 damage prone
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Kitty blinded
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Not nice of you. We could talk or we could fight. Up to you."

Moving to the opposite side of Mongo, Warpac activates sacred armor and weapon takes a flat-sided swipe at her.

+11/1d10+4 Dwarven Double Waraxe [1d10; crit x3; dmg: S] (+6[BAB] +3[str] +1[wpn foc] +1[enh] +1[haste] +2[inspired] +1[sacred weapon] -4[non-lethal]/1d10 +2d6[vicious] +3[str] +1[enh] +2[inspired] +1[sacred weapon])

To hit Dwarven Double Waraxe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + (2, 2) + 7 = 14, non-lethal
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Cold iron does extra damage to Warpac because of the fey foundling feat.


Mosquito Witch

You didn’t include the -4 for doing non-lethal, but the +4 for her being prone cancels it,

Warpac hits the creature, but doesn’t do as much damage as expected.

Hitting not talking!” the creature snarls at Warpac.

Kitty sniffs the air and moves forward, hissing and biting when it locates someone — Warpac in this case.
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Miss chance, 51+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 36

Not even close!

Then Teddy does pretty much the same only swiping with a claw. Once again the closest person is Warpac.
claws: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Miss chance, 51+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 25

It also misses.

Kitty Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Teddy Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Neither of the animals manages to shake off the dust in their eyes.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

? What ? 31 damage 12 NL prone
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Kitty blinded
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Round 2:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes, Guard Mango
Melody

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Stomping forward, Tim looks from the woman to the beasts, flicking a finger out. "Penny, sit on 'em!"

Handle Animal Push to Grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

"Call off yer companions an' we'll call off ours!" he rumbles at the woman.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"MNAR! Penny surges forward, attempting to press the cat to the floor.

CMB to Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 34

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Seeing their friends have things well in hand, Tycho shrugs and drops a bit of colorful sand back into their component pouch. They walk past the the skirmish, looking for the missing chef or other clues. 50' hasted move

move action perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 net 27 if the clue is visual

201 to 250 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.