GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


301 to 350 of 1,835 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Dalviss" casts light on her rapier.

Should we wait 'till the morning? Tycho has enough spells left to push on if we want, but it seems like we might end up getting there quite late.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"Melody is good for spell slots, so yeah, I think it's whether we want to approach at night."

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Penny's combat ready, an' I 'ave plenty left to go." Tim confirms. Penny rears up at the mention of her name.


Mosquito Witch

At hearing go, Leeara says “Good!” and rushes out.

It is at this point you realize there might be a problem. She moves fast, about twice as fast as a normal human.

You hear from the tunnel “Where are you? I thought you said we go!

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Does this mean 3 hours to her = 6 hours for us? :)

"Dalviss" calls out: I was always slow — remember? Just like a turtle. Don't you like turtles? Try to remember.

bluff: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


Mosquito Witch

She said how long it takes her, so yes it will take longer than she said. Since you have horses but she said slightly over three hours, you would guess between 4 and 6 hours.

She doesn’t seem to think much beyond the moment and everything is about how she does it. I hope that I’ve conveyed that in the interactions...


Mosquito Witch

In response to Tycho, she calls out “Who slow? Hurry or it will take too long!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Dwarves do NOT move fast, lassie. I can hop on a horse and speed things up a little bit, but still... You do know that many animals are not all that fast - and that includes me."


Mosquito Witch

She comes bounding back into the cavern saying “Forgot!

She goes over to the next and digs through it, coming up with a 1” diameter basalt sphere. “I took from bad lady, think it important!

She brings it over to Tycho and gives it to him.

If you slow, does that mean we wait until morning?

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Dalviss nods and accepts the gift. Thank you. Yes… slow. Wait till morning. Can friends sleep here, share food?

Does the sphere ping as magic, and is it identifiable with a take 10 for 25?


Mosquito Witch

Alright!

She goes back over to the nest, rearranges it a little bit, then curls up in it. Her head on her crossed hands, she looks at the group and says “Tell me more of past life!” This is said in about the way that a child might ask for a bedtime story.

Tycho finds that the globe is magical.
Kn: Geography check please.

The orb radiates strongly, but Tycho can not identify what it does.
Kn: Arcana for the school.
Spellcraft is 15 + caster level to identify and 25 is not enough.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

With a guidance from Mango Theodric tries his hand at identifying the sphere.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 25

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Theodric, would the wand of identify have helped you? Tycho would have lent it to you if so!

Dalviss looks at the group. Quite the rock! It's beyond me. If you would better understand it, please… borrow my wand.

Dalviss turns to The One Formerly Known as Leeara and tells her a story.

Dalviss' story:

The story focuses on a cook who works in an inn run by a kindly man, in a town full of bumpkins who aren't very kind to visitors looking for information. ("My inn — but this was long ago, during your past life!")

The inkeeper was a terrible cook, so he hires a local girl from the farm; she's a very good cook. The local girl's best friend is a hamster named Pineapple Tart. Pineapple Tart's favorite thing to do is to run around inside a magical wheel all day. The wheel turns the millstone that grinds the flour that's used to make the pies. ("You remember making flour? It would be nice to have such a hamster, ha, ha, ha!")

Everyone is happy until one day, the Pineapple Tart is kidnapped by a bad lady. The cook can't cook anymore without Pineapple Tart. So she bravely ventures out to find her. But she gets lost in the misty Frog-Marshes, and wanders alone. Without Pineapple tart, she doesn't want to go home — not ever. She might even forget about home, if she doesn't find Pineapple Tart soon.

Then one day, she meets a Mango and a Mongo and a dancing Melody. A boulder with a toy owlbear that comes to life, a shepherd of souls and a slow-walking dwarf with a big beard. They fight at first, but then become friends and together they find the bad lady — right when she's about to throw Pineapple Tart into her oven!

The cook's friends kill the bad old lady together, just in time. They cut off her head and toss it in the big river, and throw her body into a deep grave and put a heavy stone on top of it, so that even if her head is reunited with her body, she'll be trapped forever in the dark, alone.

Pineapple Tart laughs, and in his almost-human-sounding voice he whispers, "I knew all along that you'd come to me, Leeara. Thank you."

Together everyone goes back to the inn run by the kindly man ("that would be me, ha, ha, ha!"). The cook learns that she has found herself again, and she can cooks a delicious dinner. Everyone sleep very well that night, with full stomachs in cozy beds.

It is time to go to bed now, and get a good night's rest.

perform(oratory): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Pineapple Hamster? I'm so confused.

Mongo, keeps an eye on the entrance to the cave while Tycho weaves their tale. "I'll keep the first watch."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac dabbles in spellcraft and if Theodric can't figure it out, he certainly can't. So he just watches and guards and, eventually, sleeps.

Also casting a CLW from his wand. I forgot about the damage from vicious.

clw: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody will be so bold as to ask for a guidance from Mango. She'll use a charge off her wand of identify.

Spellcraft, identify: 1d20 + 5 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 10 + 1 = 18

No luck!


Mosquito Witch

Question to those doing Detect Magic or Identify:
Did you only want the basalt sphere, or did you look elsewhere as well? Let me know what else you might have included in the 60’ cone,

I only see Tycho attempting the Kn: Arcana check for school of magic.

Is it time to establish watches and go to sleep? Did anyone else want to do anything?

There is still the Kn: Geography attempt to be made as well.


Mosquito Witch

Leeara seems amused by the story, but doesn’t really connect to it. At times, she has a puzzled expression as she looks at ‘Dalviss’ but those are fleeting.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Melody will check the area with detect magic.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

detect magic:
Would have just caught a random quadrant of the room say the NE, was mostly focusing on the orb. Happy to use the wand of identify, would give me 10 more for 35 on the orb.


Mosquito Witch

Melody determines that the sphere has an aura of transmutation.

Theodric realizes that having already made an attempt, he will have to wait until tomorrow before using the wand.

Spellcraft rules:
Retry: ... When using detect magic or identify to learn the properties of magic items, you can only attempt to ascertain the properties of an individual item once per day. Additional attempts reveal the same results.

Melody:

You think the sphere looks like something you have seen before, but can’t recall what.

Leeara has two magic items on her both with a faint aura, the Leather Armor and a bag she is carrying.

You remember one detail that seldom is important with respect to Detect Magic (and Identify since it works the same).

Detect Magic wrote:
Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.

You remember this as you are scanning Leeara and discover she has a lingering aura of necromancy on her. You happen to notice that Mango has the same aura.

With all the magical gear that the rest of the group is carrying, you can’t tell.

Theodric:
Leeara has two magic items on her both with a faint aura, the Leather Armor and a bag she is carrying. She also has a lingering aura of necromancy.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac will take first watch. He's not all that tired.

When the new day comes he will be swapping some spells. Channel vigor is not needed if someone casts haste.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

I didn't mean to rush everyone off to bed, Mongo just doesn't have much to add to Spellcraft/Knowledge stuff.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Dalviss will try to tell more mundane stories, extrapolating from her past. bluff: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23.

They then go to sleep.

In the morning, Tycho will try to ID the stone again.

If they don't get it they will ask Theodric to use the wand. Going forward, can we retcon that if Theo or anyone else forgets to include the Identification Wand in their check after Tycho fails? It makes sense to use it, as Tycho failing means the DC is over 25. In-character, Tycho is happy to share resources, and as a player I'm really not concerned about saving charges on a level 1 wand! At a live table, I would encourage players to share my resources every time. Theo and I fundamentally crossposted yesterday, otherwise Tycho would have lent the wand, as exhibited by the post where they said as much.

I'd just like to set a precedent going forward, so any crossposting or honest mistakes do not hurt our chances for success.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

spellcraft on orb, next morning: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Please, use this identification wand!

Tycho also looks closely at the dead bodies, memorizing their facial features and the look of their clothes in case they decide to disguise themselves as one of them.

I'll update Tycho's slashline when we know we get through the night without incident; Tycho can take last watch.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Missed the geography check. I made myself a note to myself about the identify wand so hopefully we won't need the GMs help to make the timing work.

I generally keep a haste or 2 memorized and Melody casts as well. It will frequently take me until round 2 so I can get off a ranged sneak attack first though.

geography: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

spellcraft guidance and ID tomorrow: 1d20 + 10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 10 + 1 = 36

Theodric needs his 8 hours of sleep to memorize spells, I don't think anybody else suffers from this so watch suggestion: Watch order: Warpac 2 hours. Mongo 1.5 hours. Tycho 1.5 hours. Timtenzekil 1.5 hours. Meoldy 1.5 Hours. Theodric 1 hour. This gets everybody at least 7 hours of sleep with Theodric getting an uninterrupted 8. With say an hour for people's morning class feature prep and another hour to break camp that gets us to 11 hours of downtime, that could easily stretch to 12 with an evening meal etc/


Mosquito Witch

Theodric recognizes the sphere as a representation of the planet Aballon.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

The night passes with only two minor disturbances. The first is the local scavengers feasting on the frog out on the path. They are no threat to you, but they are messy eaters. The second is that Leeara has a fitful sleep — tossing and turning throughout the night. You are able to get a full night’s sleep, but she is twitching and turning so much it is distracting.

The next morning, Theodric is able to identify the sphere. It can be triggered for Haste at caster level 11, can hold two charges, there is some way to recharge it, and it currently has one charge.

Leeara wakes a bit groggy. It is obvious that her fur isn’t as patchy as it was the night before, it seems to have grown out overnight.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

In the morning, Tycho looks over themselves to see if they grew any fur. heal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Tycho checks themselves out and doesn’t find any fur where they don’t expect it.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Uncurling from the huge bundle of fur she turned into for the night, Penny utters a single "mnar." and pecks at the rocky form next to her.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Sitting up with a sound of breaking shale, Timtenzekil rubs his eyes. The grit at the corners is rough and coase. "Never gonna be used ta tha'." he mutters, composing himself to prepare spells.

Casting extended Greater Longstrider and Greater Magic Fang on Tim and Penny respectively. I don't know that we have any specific spells needed today but swapping in a Fire Snake in place of Blessing of the Salamander sounds good.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo sits upright with a jolt at the crack of Penny's beak on oread skin. "Wazzat! Oh, it's just you, Penny." The big half-orc stretches, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and begins the slow task of putting on his armor.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric gives his Pharasman prayers in the morning, lining up a small collection of bones in a spiral, laying a small piece of fresh parchment at one end, and a tattered piece at the other end.

With a black scarf trailing behind him Theodric quietly chants in Vudrani as he follows the spiral.

Afterwards he collects his religious paraphernalia.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac rereadies his spells in the morning and is ready to go. He does not cast his magic vestment yet since he does not have a rod of extend. He will wait until they have travelled for a few hours first, wanting it active when they arrive at the new cave.


Mosquito Witch

Everyone gets ready to go, then explains to Leeara that she was going to lead them. After a short discussion covering things you had already said, you get her moving. Then you get her to slow down to a pace the rest of the group can maintain.

You travel back on the swamp path and then the mining road to the bridge. At the bridge you take a different mining road to the west and south. After a total of about five hours travel, you get to the cave where the bad woman is.

Are you going to steal more of her balls?” Leeara asks as you prepare to go in.

She has brought you to a relatively unimpressive cave opening at the base of a hill that has been widened and braced with timbers. There is a hand-painted sign above the mine that proudly proclaims it is the “NESHER MINES.” The cave itself is relatively shallow, extending only 15 feet underground before it ends.

A hole in the center of the cave allows access to the mine. There is a wooden lift operated by a hand-cranked winch mounted on the platform. It looks like it descends 20 feet into a chamber.

Position of Nesher Mines marked on the map on Slide 4.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Dalviss grins. More than that, Leeara. We hope to take her life, too! Ha, ha, ha.

Tycho takes the guise of one of the dead cultists. They bop themself with their wand of longstrider and heightened awareness. They cast light.

They examine the winch and the lift mechanism, looking to see how old or rusty it is, or if 5ere are any traps. perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

I once explored a Dwarven monk mine, and the elevator squealed and told everyone we were coming. Silence? Do we want quiet? Tycho can cast silence on this mechanism if the party wishes; their spells are also all silent.


Mosquito Witch

Tycho can’t find any traps on the lift, but it would make a wonderful alarm system! It is in working condition, but you expect that the mechanism and platform would both likely be quite loud. The winch would cause the most noise, but it uses chains rather than ropes to suspend the platform and those aren’t quiet either.

A single Silence spell on the lift would cut down on the noise traveling into the mines quite a bit, but you would want one on the upper mechanism as well to really get down without being noticed. That or drop ropes of your own and skip the whole winch and platform.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"Leeara, does she have more of these balls? Do you know if they're all different?"

Melody droops a little at the mention of silence, but she is willing to go along with it.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho can use 2 silence spells, one on the mechanism and one on the platform. They will cast them when everyone is ready.


Mosquito Witch

Nodding, Leeara says “Take one I could, made her very mad, she shot me, cause fever. Chase too, but I better in wild!

The four come each night here. That how I find tall angry woman in shiney dress.

I’ll assume you retry, having by now figured out that is frequently what it takes with her.

When asked again about how many balls, she says “Many?” She can’t seem to figure out how many.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric uses his wand of mage armor and heightened awareness before the descend.

Theodric can also cast silence twice per day as an SP (so no components)if Tycho would rather keep his spell slots.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Let's do one each, Theodric.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

How interesting. Warpac memorized a silence spell too. If I'd have known it was such a popular spell, I'd have had him memorize something else!

Warpac nods approvingly.

"Excellent ideas. I'm no stranger to the need for covering up a lot of clanking and I usually memorize a silence miracle myself. Give me a sec..."

Just before they descend, Warpac casts a bull's strength on himself.


Mosquito Witch

When the first Silence spell goes off, Leeara is puzzled, looking around. She tries talking, then moves around until she can hear again.

Those of you who can read lips know she had asked “What are you doing?” just as the silence spell went off. Then there was some attempted shouting, followed by her leaving the area asking “Where did all the sound go!

Those outside the Silence get a loud “ND GO!

That better!

She sees you preparing to go down and waves you goodbye.

——

Slide 8

A shaft in the ceiling of this ten-foot-diameter cavern leads upward, while to the north a winding tunnel leads deeper underground. Numerous pickaxes, shovels, buckets, sledges, and other mining gear sit near the walls.

Many of you will need a light source.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody puts up dancing lights. Four multicolored orbs float in front of the party.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho waves goodbye! they have light up.


Mosquito Witch

So three light sources: Tycho, Melody’s Dancing Lights, and Penny’s chain.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Getting out of the silence radius, Timtenzekil enchants Penny with barkskin once again. "Do we need a scout or shall we jus' match on down?"

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

I think scouting would be great if we have someone capable of doing so!


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric shakes his head as people inevitably look towards him.

No darkvision, which has just suddenly occurred to me I can learn the spell as an easy fix later.

301 to 350 of 1,835 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.