GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


151 to 200 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member
Timtenzekil Tengentrail wrote:

Rather than flail ineffectually, Tim concentrates on defense in the mist. "Penny! New friend!" he calls out.

Total Defense, AC29.

Penny turns to her new playmate, savagely buffeting the frog with bites and claws.

Bite On Blue: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 23
Claw On Blue: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 20
Claw On Blue: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 35
Haste Bite On Blue: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21
Claw Confirm: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21

Bite Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Claw Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Claw Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13
Haste Bite Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Crit Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15

Penny takes no penalty to attack when subduing thanks to Bludgeoner. If the frog goes down, she'll stop attacking.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho tries to draw the other frog away with the snake: Stranglin' Pete moves off Eastward into the muck, hissing enticingly like a snake roasting on the spit.

If nothing else, I am a conservationist, as is Stranglin' Pete, of course.


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil is ready to defend himself should something attack him.

We do need miss chances since the frog is in the mist.
I see that Penny has blind fight so it is unlikely there will be a miss.

Flurry of miss chances!:

Bite, 21+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 56
Claw, 21+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 38
Claw, 21+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 54
Hasted Bite, 21+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 48

In a flurry of wing slaps and a beak-butt Penny unleashs feathery non-lethal fury against the nearby frog. All the attacks hit their target. The frog is already unconscious before the last peck!
I will assume Penny doesn’t take the last attack

Meanwhile Tycho tries to tempt frogs into chasing his snake.

Bolded may act.

Round 3:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage
Mango
Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue
Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo takes a deep breath as he wades out into the water, then stowing his sword, he tries to swim out to the orange frog.

Move action to stow sword, walking to edge and swimming toward the frog, getting adjacent if he's able.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Mosquito Witch

Mongo swims out adjacent to Orange, who was looking for a new target. The current is calm enough that he doesn’t have a problem swimming.

Orange attacks Mongo as he swims up, but all it gets is a mouth full of metal.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1) + 12 = 19

Blue frog just lays there, unconscious.

Bolded may act.

Round 4:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage
Mango

Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 18 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue
Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"

The Owlbear gets a friendly nuzzle this time.
guidance on Penny


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric half looks and half feels his way past Timtenzekil as he slowly sneaks forward though the misty bog.

moveing at half speed through the difficult terrain.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20


Mosquito Witch

I am pretty sure that I have lost track of a few castings of Guidance here.

Theodric sneaks through the fog as Mango gives Penny a friendly peck.

Orange Frog has an intruder right there, so it attacks Mongo.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Without shield I believe that hits
Damage, DR: 2d6 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 12 - 3 = 18
Grab: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

This time it gets a nibble of him, but he doesn’t fit in the mouth.

Bolded may act.

Round 4:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Theodric 19 damage
Mango
Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 36 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue guidance
Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody moves up closer to the action and draws a wand of cure moderate wounds.


Mosquito Witch

Melody moves closer to the remaining frog and draws a wand in case someone needs healing.

Red Frog continues to swim away!

Melody, would you mind if Red Frog moved ahead of you in Initiative to speed this up?

Bolded may act.

Round 4:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 36 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue guidance

Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Round 5:

Theodric 19 damage
Mango

Orange Frog
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 36 damage
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny guidance
Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo maintains his position next to the frog, bashing at it with his spiked forearm. He also takes a moment to contemplate the protective nature of his armor (meaning I'm actually remembering the Armored Vigor class feature this round (swift action), which gives me 4 temp hp that last for 1 minute).

+1 Armor spikes, haste, inspired courage: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 33
Damage, inspired courage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Mosquito Witch

Mongo stays afloat while poking at Orange Frog with his armor. The frog doesn’t like this.

RetCon: Mongo got his shield in the frog’s face, so this attack didn’t hit.
Based on some discussion that happened in the Google Hangouts.

Bolded may act.

Round 4:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Orange Frog 10 damage
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 18 damage +4 Temp HP
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue guidance

Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Round 5:

Theodric 19 damage
Mango


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric continues to the edge of the fog, attempting to remaing hidden.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Timtenzekil moves out of the mist and surveys the field. "Good work Penny! Now tha' one!" He points to the frog tussling with Mongo.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"MNAR!" The owlbear rushes forward, splashing into the water to beak the remaining frog.

Swim Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Guidance Bite on Orange: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
Nonlethal Damage on Orange: 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo gives a little sigh of relief when Penny swims out to join him. Oh good, I was getting a little worried out here alone.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho dismisses Stranglin' Pete, since the ruse is no longer working.

Standard action. Tycho could simply cease concentrating, but Major Image lasts +3 rounds; they would rather let Orange have a clear escape route so the team can finish this combat faster, assuming the frog decides to flee at some point.

They then move 50 feet inwards along the path, coming to a stop next to the dodo. squawk.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric inches to the edge of the fog.

Timtenzekil comes out of the fog and then gives Penny her next target.

Penny rushes forth, does a big belly flop into the water and then swims over to give the other frog a love tap.

Tycho gets rid of the snake and then comes up next to Mango.

Bolded may act.

Round 4:
Inspire Courage +2 lingers until Melody’s turn in round 5
Haste on all except Theodric
Major Image snake, DC 23 Will if interact
Obscuring Mist

Orange Frog 10 damage 13 NL
Melody
Red Frog 61 damage running away
Mongo 18 damage +4 Temp HP
Tycho concentrating on snake
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue
Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Round 5:

Theodric 19 damage
Mango

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac has little else to do but hurry to where the action is.

"Looks like you all have things in hand."


Mosquito Witch

I’m going to assume Melody will not object to me moving her back slightly in Initiative so we can proceed sooner,

Warpac rushes towards the action. Even with the haste affecting him, he still wishes he could move faster!

Orange tries to decide which to attack...
1 for Mongo, 2 for Penny: 1d2 ⇒ 1
...but decides that Mongo hits harder!
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 3) + 12 = 21

By the time it decided, Mongo was ready for the attack. All it got for it’s trouble was a sore gum from attempting to bite into adamantine!

Meanwhile Red dives under the water, swimming away as fast as it can!

Bolded may act.

Round 5:
Haste on all except Theodric
Obscuring Mist

Orange Frog 10 damage 13 NL
Red Frog 61 damage Escaped with it’s life!
Melody
Mongo 18 damage +4 Temp HP
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue

Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Round 6:

Theodric 19 damage
Mango

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody starts her performance back up.

"Go team! Take down that frog!"


Mosquito Witch

Melody decides what is needed is a little more inspiration, and she provides it!

Bolded may act.

Round 5:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste on all except Theodric
Obscuring Mist

Orange Frog 10 damage 13 NL
Red Frog 61 damage Escaped with it’s life!
Melody
Mongo 18 damage +4 Temp HP
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue

Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Round 6:

Theodric 19 damage
Mango

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo continues bashing at the frog, smashing his forearm into the frog as hard as he can.

+1 armor spikes, power attack, haste, inspire courage: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 17
damage, power attack, inspire courage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 6 + 2 = 19

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Mosquito Witch

Mongo hits the frog again with his spikes. He really seems to have the hang of this swimming while spiking!

Bolded may act.

Round 5:
Haste on all except Theodric
Obscuring Mist

Orange Frog 29 damage 13 NL
Melody
Mongo 18 damage +4 Temp HP
Tycho
Warpac
Timtenzekil
Penny subdue

Blue frog 9 damage 69 NL, unconscious

Round 6:

Theodric 19 damage
Mango

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho moves forward through the shallow bog. 50/50' hasted movement used in the 2x terrain

They ready an action to color spray the orange frog if none of Warpac, Timtenzekil, or Penny subdue it.

Ready action:
Color spray, DC 21 Will.

Tycho will choose not to have the ready go off if an ally would get color sprayed.

As a heavens oracle Tycho took Awesome Display; for pattern spells like color spray, enemy hit dice are treated as 7 fewer than they otherwise would be.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

From the edge of the fog Theodric will fling his remaining fiery shurikens at the frog.

touch attack , inspired into melee: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 23
fire damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

touch attack, inspired into melee: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 16
fire damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

If ff and at least 1 hits...
Sneak Attack: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 5) = 20

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Now that Warpac can see the situation better he realizes that the only way he is going to be able to swing his axe at the remaining frog is to go swimming. Been there, done that, it did not go well. But since then he has taken swimming lessons and practiced in plate armor. So into the water he goes...

swim, bulls strength: 1d20 ⇒ 4

... and sinks.


Mosquito Witch

Tycho moves to where he can get the frog with his illusion but waits to see if it is even needed.

Perception, distance: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 = 9
Theodric hits the unsuspecting frog with both of his fiery shurikens.

That causes the frog to fall unconscious.

Warpac is relieved he doesn’t have to go into the water yet.

Spoiler:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 darkvision 60 ft.
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 +3 more if doesn’t rely on hearing, low-light vision
Theodric: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Mango: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 low-light vision
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33 +2 stonework, darkvision 60 ft.
Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 low-light vision, scent
Warpac: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 darkvision 60 ft.

The water is calm, but deep. It will be a relatively easy swim check for most of you to cross. Tycho could have some difficulty, as would Timtenzekil if he tries to do it in his current armor. On the other hand, they figure that they could probably hold their breath long enough to walk across the bottom of the stream.

DC 10 Swim to get across

Timtenzekil had noticed something odd along the south bank of the stream about 30’ to the west of the path. It was in the reeds and he was rather busy with the frogs at the time.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Letting the others investigate the reeds, Tycho wonders aloud: Why get wet? Yuck!

They launch a moonlight bridge across the water to the cave entrance. Tycho will go last, as the bridge vanishes once its creator crosses it.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac had just stowed his weapon and shield in preperaton to cross the stream, when the bridge appears. Faced with the choice between a bridge made of light and swimming the deep creek in plate armor, Warpac decides to let someone else go first before he tries to cross. When he sees that the flimsy looking bridge holds, he walks (somewhat) confidently across, though it is eveident from the observers that he tests the footing first.

"Thanks, Tycho. You are a useful, if odd, person. Do you do birthday parties?"

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Does this mean I am officially invited to your next party, Warpac? My color spray rainbows knock the audience right off their feet! Ha, ha, ha! Tycho flashes into grinning clown for a moment and then back into prospector Pearl Heart.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Good girl, Penny. Bring it ta me now." Penny dutifully drags the unconscious frog onto the bank. "Now leave it, an' keep Mongo company." With that taken care of, Tim moves down to the bank himself to check what caught his eye.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

The owlbear crouches next to Mongo, waiting patiently. She tilts her head to one side, pecking at his armor a few times. "Mnar."


Mosquito Witch

Penny has no problem dragging the unconscious frog to the bank.

Timtenzekil goes upstream to investigate what caught his eye.

He finds the mostly skeletal remains of a pair of bodies clad in rotten leather armor. One of the two clutches a mud-clad short sword, while the other carries a rotted leather bag. As Timtenzekil tries to find out what is in it, the bag starts falling apart. That does make it easier to get at the five potions, but also means that a couple hundred gold pieces are now scattered in the reeds.

It looks like there are two different types of potion. Eventually you recover 438 gp.

Checking with Detect Magic, Timtenzekil discovers the short sword has a moderate aura and the potions have faint auras.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim pops the vials open, sniffing and touching a dab to his tongue to identify what they contain.

Take 10 on Perception to ID the potions for 33.


Mosquito Witch

He tastes the two different types of potions and identifies the two as Waterbreathing and the three as Cure Moderate Wounds.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho uses their wand, casts Guidance, and takes 10 on Spellcraft for 25 to ID the short sword.


Mosquito Witch

When the short sword is brought to him, Tycho is able to identify it as a +2 weapon.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Before going in Tycho casts Shield of Faith and uses a charge off their Heightened Awareness wand, increasing their initiative to +9 Tycho's slashline is updated accordingly

Ready!


Mosquito Witch

Anything with duration of 5 minutes or less has expired before going in.
Need to give people a chance to heal if they want it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo pats Penny absentmindedly as she waits near him. He performs his usual function in regards to identifying items, namely keeping watch while the 'eggheads' figure things out.

Mongo is happy to carry whatever no one else wants. That sword isn't really better than his longsword, so someone else should take it if they can make use of it.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Penny cranes her neck and bites Mongo's helm, beak clacking loudly on the adamantine. The resistance elicits an approving "Mnar!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Mnar, indeed, girl. Mnar, indeed."

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim knocks his own stone helmet with a knuckle. "Gotta 'ave good protection when she gets affectionate. Seems yer part o' tha family now." he observes as he boards the moonbridge.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho can bop people with wands and is happy to contribute charges from their own; they will wait until everyone is healing up before buffing up and crossing the bridge.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo pulls out his own wand of healing and hands it to Tycho. "Will you hit me with this thing a few times, please?"

GM, are you ok with average wand charges out of combat (I know it's common in our area, but not everywhere), or would you rather we roll them?


Mosquito Witch

I would prefer healing be rolled. I do not mind something like 5x CLW from wand, 5d8+5. Out of combat, I do not mind people saying they hand it to someone who can use it and you just roll yourself.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Sounds good.

CLW from wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW from wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW from wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Thanks, much better." Mongo says, after a few taps. "That's close enough."

68/69 hp

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"I have a bag o' holding here we can stuff things into. Take what you want and I'll put the rest in here."

After giving the others the opportunity, everything else goes into the bag.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo will hold on to one of the potions of CMW, if that's alright (loaded into his spring-loaded wrist sheath, in place of the one of his own he already had there).

151 to 200 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.