GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


251 to 300 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

Kitty literally doesn’t see what is coming and gets flattened by Penny.

Leo!” the creature cries out in concern when it sees Penny sit on her animal.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

? What ? 31 damage 12 NL prone
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Leo the Leopard blinded, grappled by Penny
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Round 2:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango

Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes, Grappling the leopard
Melody

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

int check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5 yay

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody continues her performance and spends a standard action on her once-per-day take 20 on a Knowledge check, for a 31 on that Knowledge (local).

”She’s human! But something’s been changing her!”


Mosquito Witch

Tycho goes out into the center of the chamber and looks around.

He notices a strange 1” diameter sphere of basalt in the nest. The nest looks like it was once a fairly nice field bed, now torn and broken. The pieces were rearranged to make it more nest-like.

Tycho sees no sign of Leeara here. On the other hand, it is difficult to see behind the canvas on the northern wall where the creature came from.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

? What ? 31 damage 12 NL prone
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Leo the Leopard blinded, grappled by Penny
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Round 2:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango

Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes, Grappling the leopard
Melody


Mosquito Witch

Melody realizes that the creature you have been fighting is actually a human and alerts everyone to this.
@Melody: You have one question.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

That is supposed to be human? 31 damage 12 NL prone
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Leo the Leopard blinded, grappled by Penny
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Round 2:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango

Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes, Grappling the leopard
Melody


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

know local: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29

Theodric takes the long way around through Tycho's square and shouts "She's partway through a mutation, still kinda human, knock her out if you can!"

Theodric circles around and raises his dagger in one hand before kicking the cat.

heroic,hasted,flanking, improved unarmed strike: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 33
non lethal damage: 1d6 + 4d6 ⇒ (5) + (4, 1, 1, 4) = 15


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"

Mango channels the power of Pharasma and waddles forward to the prone woman and pecks at her.

hasted touch attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25

Mango has the gentle rest power from the Repose Domain. on a successful touch attack it will stagger a living creature for 1 round (no save)


Mosquito Witch

Theodric tells everyone to knock out the woman — an idea she most definitely doesn’t like!

What!?!” she cries out.

He then kicks poor Leo the Leopard.

Mango comes up and pecks at the woman, staggering her.

The woman stays down and uses both of her weapons to try and defend as best she can from the anticipated flurry of attacks.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

That is a human? 31 damage 12 NL prone Total Defense +4 +1 AC
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage

Leo the Leopard 0 damage 15 NL blinded, grappled by Penny
Teddy blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Round 3:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes, Grappling the leopard
Melody

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo tilts his head in confusion. "Human?" He shrugs and follows orders, trying to knock her out with the hilt of his sword. You know better than to question the eggheads.

+1 adamantine longsword, haste, IC, nonlethal: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 30
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

GM’s choice on the question, please!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo remembers that he's fast right now, and attacks again (he'll stop if she appears to go unconscious).

+1 adamantine longsword (haste attack), haste, IC, nonlethal: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 21
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
+1 adamantine longsword (iterative), haste, IC, nonlethal: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 25
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16


Mosquito Witch

It doesn’t look like the +4 for prone is figured into Mongo’s attacks. If I am wrong, one attack misses and she isn’t at her moral point — not that it likely matters since there are more who can attack.

Mongo pounds on her, hitting every time in spite of her trying to block the blows with her weapons.

In pain and frightened, she begs “Stop! No more, please!” She is still conscious.

Melody:
Senses low-light vision, scent.

It seems she has taken on some animalistic properties. Those eyes are feline and given the way she is moving her nose, you are pretty sure she also has the ability to detect things by scent.

We can call Combat here if people want. I just need to know if you are leaving her conscious or not. The animals are really no threat, Leo is barely conscious. You haven’t learned Logan’s name, but you probably would soon.

In case you wish to continue the combat...

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Haste on everyone
Inspire Courage +2

Evidently a human woman? 31 damage 51 NL prone Total Defense +4 +1 AC
Warpac
Mongo 1 damage
Leo the Leopard blinded, grappled by Penny
Logan the Wolverine blinded
Timtenzekil
Tycho shield of faith 4 / 8 minutes

Round 3:

Theodric heroism 9 / 100 minutes, Guidance
Mango
Penny barkskin 9 / 100 minutes, Grappling the leopard
Melody

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

I'm good calling it here.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Yup, forgot the prone bonus. I'm also good calling it here.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Tim works on calming down the animals before calling off Penny.

Handle Animal on Logan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Handle Animal on Leo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

"Oi! 'Nuff o' tha'!"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none
GM Bret wrote:
You didn’t include the -4 for doing non-lethal, but the +4 for her being prone cancels it,

I think I did. It would have been +15 without the -4. I even had it listed as -4[non-lethal] in the list of bonuses. Not that it mattered!

"I'm sure glad you saw the sense of quitting the fight. As you can see we are a capable bunch with weapons. But we didn't come here to start fights for no reason, we came here to help out the town."


Mosquito Witch

Warily the woman gets up, still holding her weapons but not directly threatening any of you with them.

You come in my cave, rob me, nearly kill me, hurt my friends. Yes, you good with fighting and robbing.” She looks at the magic bag that Warpac has as she mentions being robbed.

With a nod to Timtenzekil she says “At least one of you friend to animals.

Right now her attitude is still hostile. Hopefully you already got that impression from the above dialogue.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"We are so sorry. We're investigating the missing people from the town. We didn't know anyone was living here. Would you like for us to heal you?"

Diplomacy check, if appropriate:
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Dalviss sent us; his stew is tedious and he has no lemonade. Have you seen Leeara? She has a way with animals just like you. She also stays in this cave, just like you. We mean no harm; Dalviss is worried.

Tycho will auto-aid Melody on diplomacy.


Mosquito Witch

Yes, a Diplomacy check was needed,

The woman looks at Melody and considers. She is still nervous, but relents on the belligerence. “Yes, healing would be good. You people hurt me enough that it dangerous to hunt.

Looking to Tycho with a perplexed expression, she says “Dalviss?

Sense Motive DC 20:
She reacted as if the name was familiar but she isn’t sure why.

She looks around the group, asking “Which of you heals?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Most o' us can. Not him." Tim points to Mongo. "He just hurts."


Mosquito Witch

She sheathes her dagger and points at Timtenzekil. “Him can come close, heal me.

At about this point, Leo and then Logan disappear in the same way you have seen summoned creatures disappear when the spell ends.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Seeing his allies relax, Mongo sheathes his sword and draws his wand, holding it out to Timtenzekil. "You can use this if you want."

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

"Mayhap later." Timtenzekil waves it off, unstrapping his shield and laying it on the floor before pulling his own wand. "Ye seem ta kno' a bit o' magic. Promises tha' we're no enemy, no 'arm if ye offer none." he offers as reassurance as he takes a knee beside her. "And ye are a tough one yerself."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!" says Mango unhelpfully.


Mosquito Witch

She tensely stays very still as Timtenzekil heals her. “Thank you.” she says when he stops. “Not likely to die hunting now.

Stepping a little way back, she asks “Why you here?

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28

"We came from the town, Dustpawn. There are people missing, and we're trying to find them. A woman named Leora used to come here. Do you know her? There was also something that fell from the sky. Have you seen a crash site anywhere around here?"


Mosquito Witch

Leeara, not Leora. They always use names that spellcheck hates. :)

She gets a look of concentration on her face. “Dustpawn? Leeara? Dalviss? Think that is from my old life, before the fever. Sort of hazy,

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Do you own this bag? We found a couple of corpses with it and figured they did not need it. If it is yours you can have it back. There was a bunch of supplies and money too. You mentioned difficulty hunting so perhaps you need the supplies more than us. What can you tell us about your old life?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Mosquito Witch

Bodies? Oh yes!” she says with some delight.

They come hunting me, so I kill them! They bad people, better for everyone that they dead. They with the woman who hurt me and caused my change. Now I make new life, leave all bad things behind.

Looking to,Warpac, she asks “That what you want to know?

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Ha, ha, ha! Well done, murdering them bad people!

Tycho sits on the cave floor and pulls some trail rations from their haversack, along with a mess kit, and begins eating them. They try to savor every bite. MMMM… bluff that rations are yummy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

They look up. Oh. Would you like some? I wasn't sure if you were hungry too. If Leeara wants, Tycho will share the rations and try to wheedle more information from her while they eat. Tycho also makes a mental note to leave some more rations outside the secret door for this pitiable creature. marked off on sheet.

What do you name yourself now, in this new life? I have many names too, you know. Pearl Heart is one of them. Will you answer Melody's question and tell us where the thing that fell from the sky is? Who is the woman who hurt? Do you know where she is? We might like to hurt her back.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo scratches his head at Tycho's antics. What are they talking about?


Mosquito Witch

Too many questions! Slower!

Then she looks at the rations and makes a face. “Those not look like food!

She sheathes her rapier and then starts grooming herself — smoothing out some of the fur on the back of her hand by licking it, and then rubs at her ears.

Assuming you take it slower and retry.

Name for me? I not sure, Leeara old life and feel so far away. Not sure she still here.” She thumps her chest as she says it.

I not know where falling thing land.

I not know her name, she shoot me and that cause fever. I run here and ask animal friends to protect me. When I get past fever my body change.” Running her fingers through a clumpy spot in her fur, she adds “Change maybe not done yet?

Bad woman in deep cave, one the four men went into.” She suddenly looks around. “Dalviss! He friend I try protect from four men!” With a puzzled expression she asks “What he look like again?

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward
The person formerly known as Leeara wrote:
What he look like again?

Like this!

Tycho, who had been disguised as Pearl Heart, suddenly looks like Dalviss.

disguise: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 34 - 2 - 2 = 42 -6 if she's familiar, etc.

I'm not really trying to fool anyone, just seeing if Tycho can make a good likeness.

"Dalviss" reaches into the haversack, pulls out a scarf, and wraps it around "his" neck. In Dalviss's voice,

bluff to imitate voice: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (13) + 31 = 44 Tycho says:

Do you remember now? Does it feel nice to remember your old life?


Mosquito Witch

She approaches ‘Dalviss’ and sniffs. Wrinkling her brow, she says “It this real? You smell same, but look different!

Tilting her head, she walks around Tycho looking at him and occasionally sniffing. “I think remember him, but not all senses. Why?


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric takes some time to circle the edges of the room looking for further secret passages while Tycho's show and tell continues.

perception: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 2 = 27

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

When you knew me, you likely didn't have such a sharp nose. Assuming it seems like she has scent or something similar here, which a normal human would not have?

Let me do a little magic, yes?

If she assents, Tycho will use a Major Image to make the cave smell like Dalviss's inn, suffused with the smell of his bland cooking. (I assume it's reasonable Tycho recalls the terrible food)

Do you remember this smell? The bland stew. I was such a bad cook. That's why I hired you! You were a good chef. We loved Leeara's food.

bluff, on general principle: 1d1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Does it help you remember? Do you want to remember?


Mosquito Witch

Cooking! I used to cook!” Her eyes light up at the thought.

Sniffing, she adds “He never could cook.

——

Theodric doesn’t find anything else of interest. There are some herbs in a few of the pouches, some discarded flint, a whetstone, those sort of things. Nothing that seems especially useful.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Where is this deep cave where the bad woman is?"


Mosquito Witch

I can show you, but not want to go in!

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Thank you.

"Dalviss" looks her in the eyes. Do you miss me? Would you like to come back and cook for me some day? The room fills with the smells of good food: a savory and herb-filled mutton stew percolating on a warm hearth.

Generally, trying to see if a large remnant of her still wants to go back to the way things were.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 I'm sure she is 100% happy.


Mosquito Witch

Looking at herself, she asks “Is there way back?

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Dalviss"'s placid expression shatters. There must be…

The inkeeper trails off, then smiles bravely. I'm sure we can find it! And I will accept you, as a friend, whatever your form — whether you are cooking at my inn or when I visit you in your cave.

I see the pieces of Leeara — "Dalviss" points to their heart — here. A little scattered, but not so hard to find.

Tycho turns to the Pathfinders. What else? What can we do for her?

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac is fascinated by the give and take and Tycho's performance.

Useful fellow. Odd, but useful.

"her needs at this point seem simple. She is mostly interested in staying safe and fed. The best thing we can do is leave her rations and deal with this fellow that shot her... As for reversing the condition, I'm not sure she cares."

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"If it's even possible." Tim rises, moving to retrieve his shield. "No use in tryin' ta figure tha' out without seeing this woman wha' responsible."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"She said something about those four at the inn being in on it. I'm worried about leaving them there."


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric doesn't have a strong opinion on how to proceed.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac snorts. "Well, its a bit late to do anything about the folks at the inn, Besides, they are not the real problem. We deal with what is in front of our noses and then, if possible, we deal with the other problem. Let's go to this cave and find out what is really going on."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"That makes sense. Ma'am, how far away is this cave?"


Mosquito Witch

Leeara thinks a little bit, then says “A little more than three hours, less if I hurry!” Then she asks “How bright is tonight? Will I be able to see?

251 to 300 of 1,835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.