Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,243 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

As everyone stares at the candles waiting for more monsters, the outlines of a door materialize in the stone wall behind the pentagram. You don’t need to enter or move through the pentagram or candles to reach the door.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Yeah . . . Pnin gives the pentagram a wide berth. He looks it over for traps both physical and magical.

Rogues can perceive magical traps, right?

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


The pentagram is a magical portal and cage of sorts so it’s kind of trap but it’s not inherently dangerous to the party, just the possibility of things coming through the portal that are dangerous, as you have already experienced.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Damn, I meant to write that I looked over the newly apparent door for traps. Pnin had already had his full of pentagrams. Let me know if you want another roll for the door


It’s obviously magical but no apparent traps.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pointing to the door: I say we push on. Better than more of us getting sick . . .

If there are no objections, Pnin will open the door.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Ok Kael has lit all of the evil candles.
Pnin is trapfinding and opening doors.
Idril searches for secret doors as the candles are lit and I look before Pnin opens up our doom.
perception: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Sanrael with sword at the ready


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I'm for pushing on as well, but how's everyone's health before we do so?


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril runs through the door.
She may die but she has...


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin says I'm relatively ok.

-6/32 HP


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Just feeling sick

-sickened-


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Actually Idril wants to live...but she did look for other doors before she idiotically(no intelligence) ran forward into the new door(abyss).

-3HP
Sickened


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-4 and a sore hand for me....sanrael is good to go....not as rashly as Idril…...but good nonetheless


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael listens to everyone's response before being shocked by Idril's rash action. What the......?

Idril, stop!

Kael chases after her through the door to try and offer some protection against the unknown.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Oh Idril….
Sanrael follows Kael


Idril bursts into a cave like room that is about 20' wide and 30' long and into the waiting saw toothed glaive of a toothy mawed devil with a writhing black beard.

"It looks like dinner has finally arrived!"

On Idril flat footed AC15

glaive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
dam: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

glaive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
dam: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin enters, but fires from the doorway:

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

At the sight of the devil Kael sucks in a breath-Inheritor's shield.... and then more confidently-Time to go back to the Hells fiend!

~smite evil~
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 152d6 + 13 + 4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 + 4 + 8 = 34


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Question about flat footed. That takes away mage armor?

Idril is dead.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 162d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16


Idril Doriath wrote:

Question about flat footed. That takes away mage armor?

Idril is dead.

Flat-Footed takes away Dex and Dodge.


Curral?


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Start a bardic performance 8/16(adjusted for sleep earlier)

Let's make the playing field level, strike at the maw of this toothy devil!

-sickened-

and move into the room if possible.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril is not down..
-26HP


So what is Idril doing for her turn?


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Freezing hands
3d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) = 4M


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Forgot one more
Freezing hands: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Maybe she should just die


Melee flails. Pnin manages one hit, but the devil is somewhat resistant to weapon damage. Curral sings. Idril freezes but the devil is also resistant to cold.

On Idril:
glaive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Dam: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Idril’s initial wounds also continue to bleed. 2 damage per wound.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril now is down.

Negative 7HP and bleeding out.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael glances at Idri's baleful wounds and debates a quick heal before swinging away instead-If we don't bring this thing down fast, we will all die!

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 + 1 = 132d6 + 4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 + 8 + 1 = 23

That may be the case regardless....


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Kiryl!!! if you look upon us from where you are...allow Falayna to guide my blade!!!
Sanrael swings....GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 192d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 = 22


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

should be 20 to hit...didnt add in Currals +1 to hit for chant as well as +1 dmg for total 23


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

As Idril dies..

I knew the paladin was a fake

Reminds of Kiryl...swing and a miss


Idril Doriath wrote:

As Idril dies..

I knew the paladin was a fake

Quit your crying, you still have at least 3-4 more rounds :-P


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere
Torvald Torvaldson wrote:
Idril Doriath wrote:

As Idril dies..

I knew the paladin was a fake

Quit your crying, you still have at least 3-4 more rounds :-P

You are incorrect I am bleeding from three wounds. -2HP on all three wounds.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

continue to Inspire Courage 9/16

Smash him hard, ring his bell! Send that bastard back to hell!!!

Cast CLW on Idril CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin was worried there would be damage resistance . . . oh boy!

Pnin moves into flanking position

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + (2, 3) = 16


Curral wrote:

continue to Inspire Courage 9/16

Smash him hard, ring his bell! Send that bastard back to hell!!!

Cast CLW on Idril [dice=CLW]1d8 + 4

Curral, Give me a 1d20 roll and add your caster level.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

special roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Pnin stalks to a flanking position and let’s fly a sneak attack that puts an arrow in the devil’s back. Kael succumbs to the pressure of the situation and fails to hit. Sanrael channels some Kiryl and hacks into the devil’s chest. Idril bleeds and Curral can’t stop the flow, his normally reliable spell completely fails.

“I do wish I could stay and savor her dying breath, but I must go.”

There is a puff of sulfurous yellow smoke and the devil is gone.

Need a DC15 heal check or caster check on any ability or spell to stop Idril’s bleeding.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael leans forward to try and heal Idril Iomedae give me your strength....

caster check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

LOH: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8


Idril’s bleeding finally stops, she stabilized but remains unconscious, at negative 5 hit points.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

now what...let us fall back and lick our wounds....heal....


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Will things only get worse for us if we try to rest in here? Won't more of us get sickened? I don't like the looks of retreat, but I'm not sure staying in this room will be any better. Especially if that fiend reappears . . .

Pnin walks about the room and gives it an inspection

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

thus we fall back to a better more secure area....Idril needs to recover...renew spells....


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I'm more than fine to continue. Why don't we let Idril tell us what she wants.

Kael uses a wand to heal Idril

CLW wand: 6d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2, 7, 8, 3, 7) + 6 = 35

Are you alright Idril? There is some discussion that we should rest again before moving forward. How do you feel?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

well Kael....if ya get all fancy on us then by all means...lets press on...my blade has tasted demon blood...it thirst for more....


Pnin explores the room noting no traps. At the far end of the cave there is a rough passage exiting that was concealed from view from your initial position just due to the irregular nature of the rock walls.

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,243 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.