Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,120 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin checks for traps in the entryway and then enters the room to give a more thorough inspection

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


No traps.

First make a DC 13 Fort save for the sulfur smoke or become sickened, then make a DC 11 Reflex save to avoid being scalded by the smoke as it comes from the vents, if you fail reflex take fire dam: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Sigh, Pnin is tired of the Spire's shenanigans

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Per Sanrael's earlier instruction, he dons a wet rag over his mouth.

Does Pnin see a way to move out of the way of the vents or are they omnipresent in this next room? Any ideas of how to stop them?

KnowDungeon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Pnin can carefully pick his way through the vents to the far door if desired.

The vents are volcanic and Pnin is unaware of any way to stop them.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I'll go with you Pnin. That way if there are any volcano trolls we may have a better chance to survive. Once we get to the far side we can help cover the rest of the party as they advance. I'm ready when you are.

FORT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
REF: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Kael travels with Pnin across the cavern of shenanigans.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

As they walk to the far door, Pnin shakes his head and whispers I gotta bad feeling about this . . .

He maintains a watchful eye for traps, spiders, etc.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

any bonuses for wet cloth and not standing and inhaling sulfur as one would standing atop a hill among pine trees on a crispy autumn morning??


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

FORT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

REF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

with Wet rag around his mouth and nose....Sanrael hurriedly follows a safe path


Sanrael is sickened.

Curral?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael feels weak and sick, and not not being a fool goes back to the other room for fresh air


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Curral makes his way across.


So three members of the group have crossed and are next to a door. Sanrael has gone back to the other room and is sickened.

Party action.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin checks the door for traps and, if he finds none, will try to open it.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32


Is Sanrael staying in the other room?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

at the doorway away from fumes until he overcomes sickness and other door is open....


Pnin finds another trap, again he believes it is magical and fire related.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin mutters Figures ... before pulling out his tools and trying to disable:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Pnin disarms the trap and opens the door revealing another cavern.

The cavern is about 50’x80’, the outer areas have sulfur smoke vents and even open pits of bubbling volcanic mud. The center of the cavern contains a man made stone platform raised about a foot off the cavern floor, there are two small circle areas, one green and one blue, within the raised area that look like they may be token portals.

Of more immediate interest is a group of humans. Three armored men and one unarmored stand talking near the green circle about 40’-45’ away.

init: 2d20 ⇒ (11, 12) = 23

Party action. If you move forward into the cavern please make a reflex save to avoid vents and pits before your attack or other action.

I won’t tell you exact Ref DC but it is low risk.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Close the door Pnin! No sense us traveling that dangerous stretch of terrain without Sanrael over here and at full muster. Let's stand a bit away from the door and be ready if they try to breach it.

Kael turns back in Sanrael's direction yelling out-Sanrael; get over here! Looks like we are going to have company!

Kael then returns his attention back to the door, ready to deal with anything coming through, and waits for Sanrael to make his way across.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael briefly hesitates at Kaels words....feeling somewhat nauseous..
then moves quickly towards the group.....


Pnin? Curral?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

FORT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

REF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

in case asked to as Sanrael moves back thru to rejoin party


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Sorry, but I'm confused by Kael's post. did Kael retreat back to the room with fresh air? Or are we trying to stay in the steam room that can make us sick? Based on Sanrael's post, I am assuming everyone is moving into the steam room.

Either way, Pnin shuts the door leading to the armored folks. He equips his bow and tells Kael/the party

Not sure if we should stay here; perhaps we should retreat to the room with fresh air?


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael is still right by the recently closed door yelling at Sanrael to haul biscuits and get over here.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Cast Mirror Image and use Fortunate Images: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fortunate: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

3 images


A minute passes quietly as you wait by the door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael...as stated previously moved to rejoin party....weapon at the ready...
bows to the back...and swords at the sides of door I say whispers Sanrael


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Take a peek Pnin. If they are still there, Sanrael and I can rush in while you and Curral fire at the non-armored guy.

If they aren't visible we move in more cautiously.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

First, Pnin checks the door for traps to see if they reactivated it or set new ones:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26


There do not appear to be any new or reset traps.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Fine, Pnin opens the door, standing behind it as it opens. Allowing Sanrael and Kael to rush in if necessary.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Percepting before any action 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Pnin opens the door and the room appears the same but without the 4 men.

Curral:
You don’t see anyone but you can hear the sounds of men breathing and the feint clinking of armor, you figure the 3 armored men are waiting to either side of the door out of sight. There is no distinct sign of the unarmored man, maybe he left or maybe he’s very quiet.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Upon seeing the party not rush in, Pnin takes a look too:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29


Pnin:
You notice that Curral has his head tilted as if he is listening intently.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Cast message on the party and let them know of the men waiting to either side of the door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

whisper back to party via Currals spell....
what shall we do....seems theyre waiting to ambush....I think theres perhaps magic awaiting us....we could rapidly open and snatch one in....slamming the door shut....or perhaps some type of fire or smoke into their room could be thrown in....is that possible...


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Readying his blade, Kael casts his voice out into the next room trying to make it sound like he does not know there is anyone waiting in ambush-To the individuals we saw earlier I say this-there is no need for a confrontation. We don't want to fight you and you don't want to be dead. We are simply passing through this area seeking to learn the fate of my cousin Jharun amongst other quests. If you let us pass freely, I vow to you on Iomedae's blade that you will not be harmed. If you seek to disrupt our passage I promise that your fate will not be pleasant. What say you to my offer?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


“Piss off! Yer cuz rots in hell, good riddance to the whinging c*+*!”


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

So much for my demi-God like powers of persuasion...

Kael sighs in frustration-Well they can't say I didn't warn them..... play us a song then Curral.

As soon as he feels inspired, Kael ducks in through the door to try and avoid any readied blows and attacks


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I oblige sir

Curral inspires courage

To you filthy ingrates about to be mine, Have at you cousin-harming swine!!


Are Pnin and Sanrael going in with Kael?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Yes, Pnin will never abandon his party!

Unless there is a ready target to be seen from outside the door, he moves into the room.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Go for an acrobatics roll into the room Pnin, Curral whispers using Message. That'll distract em and then Kael and Sanrael can follow through with the deadly, death action.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

I had thought about acrobatics, wasn't sure I could use it that way.

Pnin dodge rolls into the room:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

dang, that was some crazy, triple axle, double lutz, blade of death acrobatics bayb!


Sanrael?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael rushes in after Pnin rolls in......am I sickened -2 to hit?

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,120 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.