Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,147 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Idril gets turned to stone by the baleful gaze of the basilisk. Kael hacks into it with a solid blow, the basilisk is looking pretty wounded at this point. Curral casts a spell. With his eyes averted, Pnin misses his shot. Sanrael grabs a blanket and makes a throw that covers the basilisk.

The flaming sphere continues to burn next to the cage. The tarp that once covered the cage as well as the bed and its many contents burst into flame. The heat in the room is intense.

The blanket on the basilisk is burning on one end as well.

Remaining near the basilisk is going to result in severe fire damage, you figure it will probably burn to death unless it moves.

Stone Idril is a bit further from the flames than the basilisk, but the likelihood of being burned if you stay near stone Idril is high.


What’s everyone doing?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin heads to the alcove with the doors and goes through the door on his right. If it is locked he will try the door on the let.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

back away.....still averting gaze
kael!!...Curral!!....is there a chance to save Idril....do we let the basilisk burn??


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael grits his teeth in frustration at the chaotic situation.

San and Curral-grab what you can from the bed and follow Pnin; there might be some information of use there!...he looks over sadly at the stony form of his companion...I don't think there is anything we can do for Idril at this point....

Knowing what he must do to ensure the foul reptile causes no further harm to his companions Kael braces for the heat before swinging at the covered form of the basilisk.

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 172d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 + 2 = 19


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

move out of the room and start a bardic performance: Song of the Fiery Gaze 10/16

Everyone can see through the smoke and flames.

-sickened-


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael grabs armful from the bed thats not aflame....and moves towards Pnin


Is Curral following Pnin or going back the way you came?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

If neither door is locked, Pnin would like to use extra time to help grab any documents he can.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception when grabbingperception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Follow Pnin


Kael hacks into the blanket but his sword fails to strike anything solid.
miss1: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Kael Fire dam: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 5) = 18

Sanrael grabs some smoldering clothing from the edge of the bed.
Sanrael Fire dam: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Pnin leads Curral to a pair of locked doors.
Pnin/Curral Fire dam: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The bed is fully engulfed in flame now and the other furniture also burns. The basilisk screams beneath the burning blanket. To remain in the room any longer is to risk burning alive.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Hot! Hot! HOT! Guess that's it for the lizard, time to go!

-18HP
LOH: 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + 2 = 12
-6HP

Kael races from the burning room and barrels towards a door.

Let's GO!

Kael attempts to burst through whatever door that Pnin is not working on.
break door: 1d20 ⇒ 14


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin tries to open the door

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael continues moving towards the door Pnin is working on


Which door is Pnin unlocking? Left or right?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Right? Pnin tried that door first I think.

Whichever door Kael isn't flinging himself into I guess.


Pnin opens the right door revealing a small storage space 15'x15' filled with boxes, barrels, crates, etc, There aren't any other obvious doors. Kael bounces off the left door with a rattle.

fire damage for all: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Kael, Pnin, Sanrael and Curral stand in the alcove with the doors looking into the storage room.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

ummmmm.....lets flee through the door we entered!!


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin moves to unlock the door on the left

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Maybe we ought to put the fire out?

-3/32 HP


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Into the storage room quick! We'll shut the door and let the fire burn out!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-5hp
great idea Curral....our bodies will burn and melt and become one giant carbonized blob that will puzzle wisemen for the ages...but sure!! im in...


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-7HP

Kael stares at Pnin in stunned disbelief Put out the fire....with what exactly? before sighing in relief at Curral's comment-Yes, into the closet for now while Pnin tries at that door again; it's too stout for the likes of me and I'd hate to have to hack my way through. I can heal us all while Pnin gets the other door open.

Kael moves into the closet and hopes Pnin can get the door open watching over the cat-man and prepared to heal should things go awry.

Sanrael and Curral, why don't you nose about the room while Pnin gets that door open. Maybe you'll find a secret door or something else of value.


Is Pnin really staying outside in the fire trying to open the other door?

The group realizes that leaving the door to the storage room open may lead to fire in the storage room.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin is obviously nervous about the fire, hence the hare-brained idea. But he is going to try to unlock he door. He is not sure if it is smart to hole up in a room with the fire on the outside.

I don't know Kael . . . any liquids in the storage room?

Vis-a-vis staying out of the fire, I am more nervous based on DM's cautionary words than the fire . . . does fire damage increase over time? I'm not trying to be super reckless.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Pnin! Get the hell in here now! I've got to close the door!! Ondale kitty!!!

Close the door after Pnin comes in.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Fine, Pnin goes in the room and lets Curral close it.

On his way in: Ondale kitty?


The fire scorches the party as the room turns into an inferno. Curral and Sanrael get out of the flames first while Pnin and Kael delay. Curral slams the door closed keeping the flames outside.

fire damage Curral and Sanrael: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
fire damage Kael and Pnin: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 3) = 15


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-10 hp
sanrael takes water from his rations and wets and stuffs the clothes from the bed around any gaps around door thoroughly to stop smoke from coming in....the drops down low....and looks about the room....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

-18/32 HP

Pnin has a bad feeling about all of this. He helps Sanrael search the room

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-22HP

This is why I feel badly for the followers of Asmodeus. What a horrible way to spend eternity!

pulse healing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

-10 HP

~detect evil~ about the room and hope the door doesn't burn down


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-2hp
thank you Kael...please make sure the door is sealed so no smoke enters...stuff the cracks with wet rags...also tear a strip of wet material to covers your nose and mouth with in case we need to make a run
continue searching....


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin listens to Sanrael's advice and dons a fetching, soaked rag-bandana


Sanrael blocks the area around the door as best he can, but some smoke makes it into the room. The area near the door gets quite warm but it seems to be withstanding the fire. Kael detects no evil. The storage room contains no discernible traps. The contents are rather mundane and include food, water, ale, as well as quite a bit of parchment, writing implements, and spell components. There is one box full of small stone figurines of mice, rats, rabbits and squirrels. There is another box of semiprecious gemstones with a total value of 350gp.

Everyone make a Fort save.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Pnin wants the figurines. How heavy/big is the box?

He leans against a wall or the stores and tends to his burnt fur with his damp rag. Thinking about Idril, Kiryl, and the cost of this adventure.

He wonders how long the fire will take to burn itself out:

Knowledge Dungeoneering??????????: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

If Pnin catches Kael's attention, Pnin gesticulates silently toward the water and ale with all manner of frustration.

Any idea of how long we have to wait for the fire to "burn itself out"


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

fort: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
are the walls made of stone???


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael says wearily-If the fire burns itself out and we don't suffocate to death -cough....cough-we should probably take a rest soon.

FORT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


The walls are stone. The box with the figures is about 2'x2'x3' and weighs about 35 pounds.

The group suffers a bit from the smoke but the only Curral is sick and that is from before. You figure it will be at least an hour before the other room is safe to re-enter.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-10HP

Kael sighs at Pnin's gesticulations and snaps-Right, because you just knew all this was sitting in here and we have all had a ton of training at fighting fires.

He shakes his head-I'm sorry Pnin, that's unfair of me. I'm tired and upset at losing one of our companions, not to mention frustrated that there may have been some clue out there that would brought us closer to rescuing my cousin. None of that excuses my waspish behavior and I apologize. Hopefully you can forgive me.

Any objection to us catching our breath here and resting? This is the last of my healing for the day

LOH Pnin: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

-9/32 HP

It's fine, Kael. I am frustrated too. This day exacts a heavy toll and it is definitely frustrating to lose any information out there. As for me, I am fine resting here. I fear us getting sicker, but I don't see a different alternative.

Pnin takes two of each kind of figurine. He isn't going to lug around 35 pounds of trinkets.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Pnin don't forget the 8HP of pulew healing from earlier


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

-couldn't resist the pull of the covered cage-

Oh, Idril..., Curral breaks out some ale.

To Idril, you will be missed.


An hour passes as the spot covered group waits in the storeroom. The door seems less warm now and smoke has stopped leaking into the room.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3
Kael wrote:
Pnin don't forget the 8HP of pulew healing from earlier

How could I forget the *pulew* healing? But thanks for the reminder!

Pnin joins Curral's private wake.

Well I guess it seems safe enough to rest and recover?

Watch Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26


If you guys are resting need everyone’s perception rolls for watch.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Resting

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I have a CLW left if anyone is still injured.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Once we are rested, I can pulse to heal all to max.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

per: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,147 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.