Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


251 to 300 of 3,282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Ha! You are but an insect to me you one-armed monstrosity!

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 52d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5) + 9 = 19


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

With a smile Idril swings her MS.

MS: 1d20 ⇒ 19

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 72d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin fires again

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Attack!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

-booooo-


Pnin and Idril damage the construct just enough to make it crash to the ground and stop functioning!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael approaches and examines it carefully...closely...weapon at the ready
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Sanrael pokes and prods at the fallen construct, he's no expert but it looks like the machine was made long ago, though some of the parts don't seem to match the rest of the machine and they are definitely more crude and recently made. Sanrael also notices that some of the original parts are made from an ultra hard metal called adamantine and would be valuable in the manufacture of armor or weapons. The adamantine parts can be removed with about 10 minutes of work.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-7/12HP

Pnin and Curral keep an eye out while Sanrael and I harvest the adamantine out of this thing.

Spend the 10 minutes


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael follows Kiryls lead and begins to dismantle...
He looks up while working and suggest, “ someone should glance into room quickly


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin nods at Kiryl and Sanrael and moves carefully through the exploded doorway.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Sanrael and Kiryl pluck out all the adamantine parts. Pnin feels a bit jealous seeing the lustrous metal baubles being placed into the backpacks of his companions but he moves quietly into the next room to keep watch.

The next room looks like a kitchen. It contains tables, chairs, and cupboards. There are some chipped mugs and plates on one of the tables. The room also has one additional door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin whispers the information back to the party.

Then he sulks through the room looking for traps and edible food.

He makes his way over to the door to listen.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

How many portions of adamantine are collected?

Kiryl heads into the next room to help Pnin with the search once the metal collection is completed.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Everyone moves into the kitchen area, nothing of interest is found within the room.

Pnin doesn’t hear anything at the next door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perhaps we should discuss dividing up the spoils...not just for evenly divided value...but for even weight distribution


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael tosses a piece of adamantine towards Pnin...what say you Pnin?


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

For future need perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-7/12HP

How many pieces of adamantium?

Let's not worry over the divvying of spoils just yet Sanrael. I've kept a good mental note of what we've found thus far and Pnin looks like a reasonable enough fellow; I'm sure when it comes time to split the loot any survivors will receive an equitable share.

Kyril looks at CurallHow bout a spot of healing their friend? Best to not have one foot in the grave when we face whatever is next.

If it sounds clear, Pnin, open it. Let's see what's beyond and then find a place to hole up.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

To be clear...there are two closed doors in this room...??


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael will search through cupboards....
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin waits to see if Cural heals Kiryl before opening the door as quietly as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

This will be the last of my healing for the day.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Pnin pushes open the door, a plush, human-sized bed stands in this chamber, along with a table holding a bone scroll tube and jars filled with eyeballs, claws, and teeth. Various automaton parts lie scattered around.

Unfortunately the door’s movement attracts the attention of the occupants in the room: a pair of hobgoblins.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Pnin stands in the doorway.
Pnin has initiative.

Pnin init : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Hobgoblin init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-3/12HP

Sounds like Pnin found some new friends...


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin shoots at the hobgoblins

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

dam: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

And then moves back into the kitchen, to the right of the doorway


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Of course, Pnin warns everyone:

I saw two hobgoblins in the next room! Prepare for battle!

-3/9 HP


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael rushes quickly to the left side of the doorway...opposite Pnin...


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Move back and fire crossbow when I have the clear shot at one of them.

crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Pnin hits one of the hobgoblins and then ducks back into the kitchen, seconds later a liquid filled vial strikes the floor near the doorway and explodes. On either side of the doorway Pnin and Sanrael are partially struck by the explosion.

bomb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
splash dam: 5 = 5 Pnin and Sanrael can attempt a DC16 reflex save to take only 2hp damage

The party can hear the hobgoblins shouting.

goblin language:
Thieves! Invaders!


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin swears violently in Catfolk.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 This counts right?

-5/9 HP

After the rest of the actions in the round, Pnin moves away from the door and fires back.

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-3/12HP

Making sure to stay clear of any free fire zones through the door-Hey you filthy hobgobos, come on in here. I want to share a secret with you!

intimidate untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


DC should have been 15. Pnin and Sanrael take 2 hp from the bomb.

Pnin fires an arrow into the room but can’t see where it ends up. Unless he gets extremely lucky he would need to move back to the doorway to have a chance of hitting any occupants of the other room.

There are no replies to Kiryl’s taunts.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perhaps we should close the door...might be more Vials coming our waysanrael slams door shut quickly


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

I meant that I moved away from the door, but where I can still see inside. Like backing away from where I was, perpendicularly to where the door is. My goal was to stand near to the party, but still have sights on the hobgoblins. I didn't think I would have hit anyway, but I just wanted to be clear about my position in the room.


Pnin wrote:
I meant that I moved away from the door, but where I can still see inside. Like backing away from where I was, perpendicularly to where the door is. My goal was to stand near to the party, but still have sights on the hobgoblins. I didn't think I would have hit anyway, but I just wanted to be clear about my position in the room.

I took your original post to mean you wanted to move to a place where the hobgoblins could not see or target you with additional missile weapons/bombs. Basically if you can see and shoot at them, they can do the same to you.


Sanrael closes the door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael stands to the side of the door....Pnin....did you see other entrances to the room? Suggestions anyone?


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

We need to decide quickly. Or we will die in this room. Your move gentlemen.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-3/12HP

Kiryl looks derisively at Idril-Killed by two hobgoblins? I think you overestimate their chances...

Looking back at Sanrael-Open the door so it covers you. Pnin, you stand on the other side of the door and sneak a peek. If it looks like there are just the two hobgobs in there yell clear and the rest of us will rush them.

Kiryl stands behind Pnin and prepares to be first through the door to hack down the foes.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael throws the door open


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin, feeling too short on his nine lives, stayed away from the door. He is keeping his position, ready to fire at what is behind the door, but outside of the blast radius of the initial volley.

I understand that if I can see and shoot them, they can see and shoot me. I just wanted to move so I was not immediately next to the door.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

New clear bolt out of melee.
As one door opens.
crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Sanrael opens the door and hides behind it. Idril shoots a bolt through the door and into the room where it strikes a bedpost, no hobgoblins are visible to Idril. Pnin holds his position away from the door, he can only see part of the other room and no hobgoblins are visible.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl moves quickly into the room, ready to swing his blade-o-futility at any threats.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael rushes in behind Kiryl
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Kiryl init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Sanrael init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Hobgoblin init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Kiryl and Sanrael catch the hobgoblins a bit off balance with their charge.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael charges and takes hobgob that Kiryl isnt engaging
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 172d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

You didn't want to share my secret?

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 172d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16

Too bad, it's what I named my blade!

251 to 300 of 3,282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.