Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,230 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

The party makes it through the night.

Curral make a Fort save to see how your sickness is progressing.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

fort: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20


Curral is cured!


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

HP status for everyone?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Full HP for Pnin.

Did anyone get sick overnight? It is strange that no one else has gotten sick since we arrived. Pnin knocks on wood.

Pnin feels at the door and inspects it for fire damage. He tries to hear if there are any noises on the other side.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21


No one is sick. Pnin does not hear anything.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

well...shall we see what disastrous fates await us.....lets stock up on supplies and anything of use...
Sanrael ties a wet rag around his nose and mouth....then slowly opens the door...peering out at what awaits....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-9 HP

A quick heal for the road.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

-4HP


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin is ready to go. He follows Sanrael's lead with a bandana again.


The bedroom is now completely blackened by the fire. All the contents have been reduced to char, a pile of broken stone is all that remains of Idril.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

What about the doors? Especially the other locked door across from our storage room.


The other locked door is still there, the wooden door is blackened and scorched.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-4HP

Let's get that door open, hey Pnin?

Kael walks over and kneels near the broken stone that was once Idril and in a soft voice prays-Inheritor watch over her and guide her spirit to a kind place in Pharasma's realm.

He then dusts off his hands and gives the room a good once over in case something was spared by the intense heat of the flames.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Just waiting for everyone to be ready . . .

When everyone seems prepared:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


The lock resists Pnin’s first attempt.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Sad.

In case Pnin is allowed second attempt:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael looks about the rubble....in case any shiny thing catches his eye....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Pnin continues working the door and gets it unlocked this time. Kael and Sanrael find nothing of interest in the rubble.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin opens the door!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael, weapon drawn....stands just off to the side....at the ready as Pnin opens the door


Pnin opens the door finding a good sized cavern, stalactites extend down from the ceiling and stalagmites rise from the floor. The cavern is oval shaped, roughly 30x80’, with a peak height of the ceiling is about 35’. Various colored lichens grow on the floor, walls, ceiling, yellow and green versions give off a substantial glow that lights the cavern. A path winds it’s way through the stalagmites to the other end of the cavern where there is another door. At about the halfway mark the path crosses a slowly flowing stream of brownish/red water.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael does his best to identify hazards:

~detect evil~ perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Lead on Pnin. He follows about 5' behind the stalwart cat-man.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Yes . . . definitely trying to identify hazards as we walk. Pnin still remembers to look above too . . .spiders still haunt his dreams.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26


Sanrael? Curral?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

I shall bring up the rear..
………perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I'll follow up after Kael


Sanrael notices what looked just like a section of the cave wall, detach itself becoming a massive rocky troll like creature. It moves forward toward Pnin as he moves towards the stream.

Sanrael action, then creature action, then rest of party.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

stop!!!! the creature at the wall comes at us...Move Pnin!!!.....
Sanrael fires his bow
composite bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


dam: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 7) + 8 = 23

In one fluid motion Sanrael draws and fires his bow hitting the creature dead center in the chest with tremendous force.

Despite the blow, the creature comes on but it is obviously shaken by Sanrael’s attack. -2 on all attacks next round

On Pnin

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Party action


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin is a bit surprised he is unscathed from the attack . . .

He waits for somone to flank the troll with him and then fires twice:

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27

Crititical Sneak Attack: 3d6 + 15 + 6d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) + 15 + (5, 1, 4, 5, 1, 5) = 50

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (5, 5) = 21

So, looking at the number, I kind of feel I am misinterpreting the rules for crits. However, I checked with a bunch of websites. Anyway, let me know if I messed up.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Start a bardic performance to Inspire Courage +1 to hit/damage

It's time now to start a poll, I say we vote against the troll!!

-I've been watching to many political shows lately-


Pnin wrote:

Pnin is a bit surprised he is unscathed from the attack . . .

He waits for somone to flank the troll with him and then fires twice:

[dice=Rapid Shot]1d20+9-2

[dice=Crititical Sneak Attack]3d6+15+6d6

[dice=Rapid Shot]1d20+9-2

[dice=Sneak Attack]1d6+5+2d6

So, looking at the number, I kind of feel I am misinterpreting the rules for crits. However, I checked with a bunch of websites. Anyway, let me know if I messed up.

Sneak attack damage is not multiplied during a crit, just the normal damage and mods.


Kael and Sanrael?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

composite bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-4HP

Kael does his best to flank the massive creature with Pnin
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 5) + 13 = 23


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

After a restful night I clearly see the paragraph marked: "Exception: . . . sneak attack. . .". My bad! Will try to make this the last time I ask.


Pnin blasts the creature in the same spot hit by Sanrael and Kael hacks at it with his blade as Curral begins a song and Sanrael hits the side of the cavern with a wild shot. The massive troll is reeling but continues to come attack as its wounds slowly start to close. It rips into Pnin clawing and biting him!

claw: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 = 17
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

claw: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 = 21
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Bite: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29
Dam: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (5, 7) + 14 = 26


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin is down! Damn trolls

-35/32 HP


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

GS PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 222d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 13 + 1 = 26...Sanrael rushes at the beast...


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

continue to inspire courage

Swing your sword with all your zeal, kill it before it starts to heal!


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
[dice=GS PA]1d20+7+1;2d6+13+1...Sanrael rushes at the beast...

Can't do all three in the same round, chief: draw weapon; charge/move; attack.

:(


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Inheritor's shield!

Kael continues to swing away at the ferocious foe.
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 172d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 13 + 1 = 23


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

correction....sanrael draws his sword


The group can’t manage to bring down it’s heavily wounded foe whose wounds continue to slowly heal. The troll draws strength from the group’s failure and turns on Kale rending him with its claws!

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Dam: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 4) + 14 = 23

Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Rend Dam: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Time for some hero’s defiance.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Sadly, Kael memorized diagnose disease....JK! Still might be TPK troll though. :(

-51HP

The troll's claws rip through Kael's plate like a hot knife through butter. As blood gushes from his wounds he calls once more upon his goddess' power hero's defiance/instantaneous: 3d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) + 6 + 3 = 27

-14HP

and again

LOH/swift action-move: 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 + 2 = 13

-1HP

before swinging his blade feebly with exhaustion from the healing efforts

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 112d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 + 1 = 19


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael wades into the creature from behind
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 92d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 13 + 1 = 20


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin's last glimpses of consciousness remember the Laketown and how many trolls we killed when times were good. He thinks of Kael and Idril . . .


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Continue to Inspire Courage +1 to hit/damage

We shall never give up, not while I croon...We shall mystify the troll as he searches for the spoon.

Cast CLW on Pnin.
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Check your math, believe Kael should be at -11 hp at start of turn. Also think you are applying Blessed Touch wrong, it’s just +1 hp, not +1 per die.

Kael misses, Curral heals, Pnin thinks deep thoughts, Sanrael bungles his attack, tripping and falling prone.

The troll continues it’s assault on Kael biting him!

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael recovers his footing and attacks
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 92d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 13 + 1 = 22

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,230 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.