Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


101 to 150 of 3,351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

I'm saving all my good rolls for the tough battles....


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral keeps singing, Inspire Courage 2/10 and attacks with his Morningstar.

Idril smashes with her star of morn, from it's body skelly's head is torn

Morningstar: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin moves into flanking position on one of the skeletons

morningstar: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 = 15

dam: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (2) = 10


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Apparently Idril is the Mistress of the Morningstar.

morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

critical: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Kyril and Curral swing weapons about dangerously but fail to hit anything. Pnin smashes one of the remaining skeletons from behind with his morningstar, scattering the bones.

Idril laughs and tees off on another skeleton head sending it flying towards a singing Curral who has to duck to avoid it! Idril wonders to herself that wielding mundane weapons could be as much fun as slinging elemental magic.

Sanrael stands and stares unbelieving at what he just witnessed.

end of combat


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-2/12HP

Well struck Idril. You have a warrior's swing and no mistake. Perhaps we will need to put you on the frontline to deal with our foes moving forawrd.

Kiryl inspects the skeletons for anything of value and tries to see where they specifically came from.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

My guess is the green spire is the source of our troubles, but best to be sure.


There are 7 short swords, in addition Kyril finds a silver bracelet on skeletal wrist and platinum ring on a finger bone. The skeletons came from the direction of the spire.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Cast Detect Magic on the items.


Curral does not detect any magic on the bracelet or ring.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

-Can I then infer that all 7 short swords are magical?-


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-2/12HP

Someone should appraise the jewelry. Let's set the short swords aside for now and continue on to the spire to see if we can find the root of this new undead menace.

Kiryl heads out towards the spire, keeping an eye out for threats.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin takes the bracelet and the ring and puts them on.

Oooo, shiny! Let's continue on toward the Green Spire!


After about 20 minutes, the group emerges from the forest at a ruined keep guarding a broken central tower, all made of smooth, opaque green glass. It’s obvious that a grand battle took place here many years ago, and the clearing around the ruin lies barren, with sickly weeds struggling to rise from the magic-blasted earth. Melted chunks of twisted glass pepper the ground, lending a green hue to the clearing’s light. Despite the damage, however, the glass of the keep itself seems to have avoided the ravages of time, with those pieces that survived the initial cataclysm unmarred by pitting or cracking, clean of moss and other clinging debris.

At the top of a steep dirt path winding up through the rubble, a doorway opens onto darkness, its entrance seeming to steal light into its inky depths...


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael slowly moves ahead...stoping to peer into the darkness using his low low light vision....


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-2/12HP

Hopefully some among you can cast light or brought a source of illumination.

If there are no other entry points or areas of interest above, Kiryl will go through the door and sees what lies beyond.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Cast light.

-4/11 HP


Sanrael leads the group up the steep winding path towards the dark doorway, at about 20' from the opening a pair of hobgoblins let loose a pair of arrows from the partial cover of the entry.

On Kyril:
shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
dam: 1d6 ⇒ 3

On Sanrael:
shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Party action. Kyril and Sanrael are in the lead and can charge forward and attack, remaining party members can move forward without a melee attack or cast spells, make ranged attacks.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Cast Mage Armor


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin returns fire

shortbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-5/12HP

Filthy creatures...

FALAYNA!

chargingGSPA: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 162d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 9 = 18


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

criticalDamage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) + 1 = 7


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

At em boys!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Kyril and Sanrael charge forward into the hobgoblin archers! Kyril takes the hobgoblin on the left and Sanrael the one on the right. Kyril chops down the one on the right as Curral's arrow strikes the green glass next to the opening. Sanrael begins to swing his great blade as Pnin's arrow streaks by his side and takes his hobgoblin through the throat! It tries to scream a warning but a low gurgle and spray of blood comes forth instead.

The dead hobgoblins have short bows, morningstars, and 10 arrows apiece.

The goblinoids lay dead in an open doorway with no door. Idril's light reveals an entryway with a wall about 30' straight ahead and also to the right. The area to the left appears to extend further. From the outside of the building this would probably go into a small tower but not the main spire.

*REMINDER: Perception and other skill rolls are always welcome if you think they might help to spot hidden things or otherwise figure something out.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin grabs 10 arrows and looks around carefully, especially for traps

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21(+1 for traps specifically)


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael checks for traps also...and secret doors... perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Also grabs a bow and 10 arrows...looks at where arrow struck green glass


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Keep an eye out and follow the muscle in.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


The green glass is unmarked where it was hit by the arrow. No traps or secret doors in your current surroundings.

It appears your only way forward is to your left.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril is ready to cast spells or use her light crossbow. (Also the weapon of death...Morninstar)

Continue light as a cantrip so it should not go out.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

KnowArcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-5/12HP

Kiryl takes a moment to heal himself: CLW/blessing: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3

Useless...

-2/12HP

Pnin, you seem apt at slinking about. Why don't you scout ahead and we will follow you: me, Sanrael, Idril, and Curral bringing up the rear.

Advamcomg after Pnin moves out perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael moves ahead....
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin hopes he will be more successful scouting this time.

Sure, I'll scout ahead

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Pnin moves into the darkness and scouts ahead.

Not sure how far this will take me, but I do have low light vision


There is just enough light coming through the green glass to enable anyone with lowlight or dark vision to see without any other light sources.

Pnin moves off to the left of the main entrance following a 15' wide hall that ends after about 30', he finds a door to the left and a door to the right.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Following Pnin-Your guess is as good as any; pick a door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin checks each door for traps, sees if they are locked, and listens to see if he hears anything from the other side.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Pnin hears growling from the door to the left, nothing on the door to the right. Both are unlocked. No traps located.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril ready.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-2/12HP

Open the growling door and step back Pnin. Who knows, maybe it's a relative of yours?

Kiryl readies to strike anything unfriendly coming through the door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Do the doors open in (towards me) or out?

Pnin readies to open the door on the left, and whispers

Get into positions

After giving everyone time to move into position, Pnin opens the door.

If it opens towards us, I am going to try to stay behind the door as I open it. If it is opening out, I move to toward the hinged side to open it without being seen

Either way I try to open it as quietly as possible.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Pnin opens the door (towards himself) and hides behind it as a goblnoid dog leaps out toward Kyril.

Kyril init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dog init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The dog bites at Kyril but can't get through the scale mail.
Dog bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin quietly moves from behind the door to shoot at the dog

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
dam: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4) = 8 (Not sure if the sneak attack is successful)


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 62d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17

Kiryl takes an awkward hack a the hideous canine form.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral will move to flank the nice doggy. If he can do it this round, then Longsword: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


A sneaky Pnin fires an arrow into the dog's back severing its spine and killing it. Idril fires a bolt into the beast just to make sure its done. Kyril stands over the dead dog as Curral moves around to its side.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin listens carefully for more noises or sounds beyond the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Sometimes things need to be put down

Retrieve bolt and look around
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

when we move peception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael looks at the dog closely...is there anything out of the ordinary?
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

101 to 150 of 3,351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.