Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


301 to 350 of 3,220 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Sanrael and Kiryl both connect! A pair of bloodied hobgoblin corpses fall to the floor.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael looks about the room...for perceived threats....or other notes of interest
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Pnin....come help search the room


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril listens intently for any noises approaching the room.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Curral bot helps look around: perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Pnin and Kiryl bump.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Guess I'll look around?

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

I say we clear this room and head back to town to trade in what loot we have found and rest.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael checks the bodies
Then around the bed
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Sanrael finds a sack of gold under the bed filled with100gp.

Kiryl finds a small locked metal box as well as a bone scroll tube sitting amongst jars and other junk on a large table.

The two hobgoblins were armed with short swords and wore studded leather. One has an iron ring.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin enters the room and looks to see if he can open the box with his limited resources.

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sounds like a good plan Kiryl...all in agreement?


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

Pnin enters the room and looks to see if he can open the box with his limited resources.

[dice=DisableDevice]1d20+8

Well rolled sir!


Pnin is easily able to open the locked box which contains a small leather pouch with 40 platinum pieces and a note.

Note:

Grulk,
Guard the entrance to the spire and kill anyone that enters.
Do your job well and your rewards will be plentiful.
Klarkosh

Next to the name Klarkosh is a skull wearing a crown.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

whats in the scroll tube Kiryl?


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Beats me. We can puzzle over it when we get back to the Fort. Let's get going.

Back to the surface and the Fort.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i will scout ahead...give me a monent...then follow


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael traces back the way the party came....carefully checking for danger
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril looks at the ring.
Can anyone cast detect magic on the iron ring?
Idril look closely at the ring to see if there are any engravings and such.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


One ring to rule them all is not engraved on the ring. Curral bot will cast detect magic on the iron ring with negative results.

The day is well past noon when the party starts towards town. Wounds and bulky loot slow the party's progress, and the group is only able to make it about halfway back to town when the sun sets.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Ahhhh, Middle Earth is distraught.

Idril is ready to take first watch. Any specific order of watch?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i will take watch after you


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

On watch perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Wake up Idril and she will take last watch.

Morningstar at the ready.


Idril takes the first watch, Sanrael follows her, and Kiryl takes the final watch.

As dawn approaches, Kyril hears the clink of armor or weapons moving close to the party's camp. He can't see anyone yet due to the dark and thickness of the underbrush and trees in the surrounding forest.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl quietly awakes the rest of the party and hopes danger passes them by.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril ready. Crossbow if enough time.
Or wake up and send freezing death to someone.
Elemental Ray


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael moves quietly towards the sound...and off to the side....
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Uses low light vision to his advantage...to ascertain the threat


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin awakens and readies for battle.


Need a stealth roll from Sanrael


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Sanrael moves stealthily through the woods but can't locate who or what is making the sounds.

The rest of the group sees four or five figures approaching down the path in the dim light, one is significantly larger than the others, at least 7' tall. They are about 30' away and will be upon you in a few seconds. Party action.

DM screen:

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Curral's voice rings out breaking the quiet of the forest.

"Death has come, hungry for a feast.
Not to worry, we are stronger than the beast."

Inspire courage, everyone gets +1 hit/+1 damage with weapons.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril will stay back and cast Mage Armor


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael rushes at the beast....with a great yell....swings his greatsword...power attack
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 142d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 = 16


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Hit should be 15, adding in +1 for inspire courage..17 damage total...


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Did we sleep enough to recover HP?

Pnin fires his bow at the big one.

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24

dam: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (2) = 10


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-2/12HP (healed 1 HP from rest)

Kiryl casts divine favor on himself (+1 hit/damage luck bonus) and uses his darkvision to charge the closest foe:

FILAYNA!

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 192d6 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 16


Kiryl can cast his spell or move/attack, not both, let me know your preference.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Attack it is


Curral encourages the group with his song. Idril casts a defensive spell. Pnin fires his arrow into what turns out to be a hulking bugbear, wounding it but not felling it. Kiryl moves forward and cuts down a hobgoblin. Sanrael comes screaming out of the woods and crashes into the towering bugbear but his greatsword deflects off the creature's armor.

The beastly bugbear swings its morningstar, laughing as it smashes violently into Sanrael's side.
"Time to die puny warrior!"

On Sanrael:
bugbear morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The two remaining hobgoblins deem Kiryl the greatest threat and team up on him. One lands a crushing blow numbing his left arm.

On Kiryl:
hobgob morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

On Kiryl:
hobgob morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

*Everyone begins the battle at full hp.


Curral continues to sing his encouraging song and tries his longsword on one of the hobgoblins on Kiryl.

"One down, three to go, hack and slash, let's on with the show!"
+1 hit, +1 dam for everyone

longsword: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
dam: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril fires elemental Ray at bugbear
Thank the world it is not an OWLBEARS because I would yell run for your lives

IceRay: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Hit on me or Sanrael?

Attacking hobgobGSPA: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 72d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 + 1 = 18

+2 if able to flank because fighting Sanreal


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin fires again at the bugbear

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

dam: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


Pnin wrote:

Pnin fires again at the bugbear

[dice=shortbow]1d20+5+1

[dice=dam]1d6+1+1

Remember -4 firing into melee.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael winces...then grins...lets out a slow whistle....and swings at the bugbears head....
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 172d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 + 1 = 15


Idril and Pnin both miss the bugbear while Curral and Kiryl miss the hobgoblins. But Sanrael hacks solidly into the bugbears shoulder just missing its head, but it still stays upright.

The savage beast strikes back battering Sanrael a second time.

On Sanrael:
bb star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The hobgoblin on Kiryl shouts with glee as he knocks him to the ground unconscious with a blow to the head.

On Kiryl:
Hg star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

On Curral:
Hg star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Curral bot

“With this spell I will heal, a mighty warrior who will damage deal.”
+1 hit/ +1 damage for all

Heal on Kiryl
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael aims for the bugbears neck again
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 102d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 1 = 16

301 to 350 of 3,220 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.