Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


151 to 200 of 3,226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It’s a goblin dog, extremely ugly, dirty and smelly. It looks something like an emaciated cross of a dog and a giant rat with mangy diseased looking skin. It also has nasty oversized sharp teeth.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Does it have any secret doors??? Certainly a 31 deserves that lol


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

let us venture forward
Sanrael moves into room
Checking for traps
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
Does it have any secret doors??? Certainly a 31 deserves that lol

The dog has no secret doors.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin follows cautiously

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27+1 for traps


Sanrael moves into a circular room about 25' across. It smells of goblin dog excrement and be careful where you step. On the far side of the room next to the wall is dirty pile of straw, torn blankets, and miscellaneous junk that forms some type of next that the dog must have slept in. No other exits.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Checks for sectet doors
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Stand Back and pay attention
weapons are cool. Who knew?
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral enters the room and holds his nose

[b]I'm not skingin a sdong 'bout dis one.[b]

Looks about perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Pnin catches a glint of gold from beneath some straw in the dog’s nesting area.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael keeps watch at the door....listening


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin heads over to the straw nest and inspects more closely


Something gold is definitely buried under the filthy straw.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril stands idly, but ready for battle.

Dog=owners. And more ahead.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin takes the gold trinket and is ready to open the next door.


Pnin pulls a gold necklace out of the straw.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

As Pnin waits for the party to be ready to open the door

Anyone know what this is? Is it valuable?


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

I looks like gold, so probably yes. Make sure you wash your hands before you eat next. We're as ready as we are likely to be.

Kiryl readies his blade and waits for Pnin to open the door.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Cast Detect Magic on the bauble.

Don't let the shiny stuff give you away, Pnin. Curral laughs.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin frowns at his friends and wishes Master Zobold taught him about arcane arts instead of just lock-picking.

Well, I can see that it's shiny, Kyril! I just wanted to know if it does anything special . . .

Pnin puts the necklace into his bag and opens the right door as stealthily as he can. Hiding behind the door if possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Curral detects no magic on the gold necklace.

Pnin opens the door onto a large room that is about 35 across and about 40' long. It is strewn with rubble from blasted green glass. There is a 10' opening across the room (NW corner) which looks like it leads into a matching circular room to the goblin dog area, but there is no door. There is also a door near the far corner (SW corner).


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin inspects the room

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael checks for traps and listens by open door
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Pnin's sharp eyes spot a trip wire snaking through the rubble (about a foot off the ground) and across the 10' opening that leads into the circular room to the NW. It looks like it would cause some additional rubble to fall from the ceiling down onto anyone triggering it. Make a Disable Device check if you want to attempt to disarm it.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Nice catch Pnin!


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Bastet be with me

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Pnin moves away from the group to disable the device, thinking to simply cut the wire with his dagger, what could go wrong? Unfortunately, the wire is amazingly resistant to cutting and his blade moves the wire instead of shearing through it causing great chunks of green glass from the ceiling to fall down on him. It makes quite a bit of noise.

dam: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 Pnin make a reflex save DC12 for 1/2 damage


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Blast, maybe I need to find new gods

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

I'm going to use Cat's Luck here, in case the gods keep screwing me

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael draws his bow and stands at the entrance
Listening
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Ready with crossbow

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Sanrael hears noises coming from behind the door to the SW and alerts the rest of his companions. The group is about 30' from the door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

quick magic an ranged ready...melee to the sides of the door


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael draws back short bow and readies to fire


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl moves per Sanrael's instruction, surprised by the sharp tone of command in his voice.

Make the stroke count... he thinks and waits for something to come through the door to kiss with his blade.


As the DM sees it:

Kyril by the door, everyone else 30’ back.

Curral -5hp, Idril -4hp, Kyril -2 hp, Pnin -2 hp, Sanrael -1hp
Many were wounded by skeletons in first battle of the day, others during the encounters that followed.

The noise behind the SW door can be heard by all now. Any other actions before I continue?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael suggest quietly we barr the entrance....can anyone think of a way to block the entrance to buy us time
Looking around he quickly tries to think of a method
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

What is the noise? Voices? How many?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl hisses back at Sanrael We'll bar it with their corpses. Let them come... Although it might help if you weren't cowering back there with that puny bow.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Indecision appears on Sanraels face...hes right....
Sanrael rushes forward and moves corpses and whatever else he can to block the door


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

I meant block it with the corpses of whatever's behind the door.... Kiryl growls


Just as Sanrael moves up to Kyril by the door, it bursts open and 3 hobgoblins carrying morningstars move into the room.

Party action.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Flanking strike!

FALAYNA!

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 82d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 = 16


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Man this guy hits like Mendoza...


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin fires

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I think Falayna must be the god of Air, because Kiryl sure whiffs a lot.

Curral fires!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Fire crossbow

crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

great sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 142d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 9 = 18


Kyril and Sanrael flank and attack one of the hobgoblins coming through the door. Kyril's shouts and swings missing the startled hobgoblin by quite a bit. Sanrael's attack fairs better as he cuts the goblinoid down.

The rest of the party lets loose a volley of arrows and bolts, but only Pnin's strikes true taking out a second hobgoblin. sneak dam: 1d6 ⇒ 6

who Kyril or Sanrael: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The last hobgoblin escapes harm and tries to revenge one of his fallen comrades by striking at Sanrael, delivering a crushing blow that nearly fells the half-elf!

morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
dam: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 2 = 11

party action

*Pnin, since this is the first round of combat and you acted before the enemy, the enemy would be flatfooted and you would be able to sneak attack which is why I added the extra 1d6.
*Sanrael, your damage roll was for Power Attack, so your to Hit bonus would be +6: +4 strength, +1 BAB, -1 for power attack, +2 for flanking.
*Kyril, maybe you should consider an early retirement or a career in the arts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl the sculptor? I have worked with stone before....

Seeing his brazenness has no effect on the foe, Kiryl opts for the quiet focused approach:

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 42d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 = 18

....and wonders if sculpting isn't that bad of an alternative to adventuring.

151 to 200 of 3,226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.