Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,505 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Before we continue on Idril uses her first level RuneStone to cast Mage Armor on herself
She feels strong but knows she is extremely limited in spells.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Always another path forward . . .

Yes, I agree with Kael, it's up to you Idril.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Seemed like the decision was already made. Here's what Idril has left.
No first
2 second
5 elemental rays

Do not want to hit you during melee with the ray.

Since healed am I no longer sickened?


Curral and Idril remain sickened.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Elemental Ray +5 but -6. Hope I do not hit you for 1d6+2:(
-4 melee -2 sickened


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Your call Idril: Rest or continue?


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Seemed to me everyone was moving forward minus Curral.

Thank you for being Gentlemen. You want to move forward my answer is yes.

Idril ain't nobody's b&@@!. Always fight.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I'm always moving forward.

-sickened-


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Looks like we continue on for at least a little while. Lead us Pnin.

Kael follows immediately behind Pnin.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

forward we go
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Ugh I thought I posted hours ago, sorry.

Pnin takes the lead

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34


Pnin leads the party about 60’ down the passage which ends in a stout looking locked door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin looks all over the door for traps and to see if he can unlock it.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


You find no traps. Need a disable device check.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin tries to open the door

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


After fiddling with the lock for a bit, Pnin hears a satisfying click indicating that it is unlocked.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin opens the door!


Opening the door reveals a cluttered 20'x20' room with a bed heaped with pillows, blankets and clothing and a couple plates of half eaten food. The room also contains a desk, dresser, and night stand and a 3'x4'x3' wire cage covered with a tarp in one corner. Clothing also litters the floor and the desk, dresser and night stand all have various spell components and candles on top of them.

There a 10' alcove with 2 doors.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin thoroughly inspects the room

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

Perhaps this would be a good place to rest?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Sanraels looks about


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks over the chaotic contents of the room with distaste-Looks quite slovenly. Who would live like this?

~detect evil~

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Pnin finds no traps.

Sanrael hears shallow breathing coming from the tarp covered cage.

The room has the taint of evil throughout it, whatever beds here must be evil.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

theres something breathing in that covered cage....


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril wants to run over and uncover the cage.

Would someone like to uncover the cage beside me? I really want to know what is in it


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

ummmmm....its probably covered for a reason


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Well you know what is going to happen.....

Hey team, something is caged under a tarp. Should we release it the netting and let it free?


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks dubiously at Idril before uttering-Cover me Pnin. I'll take a look.

And here I thought cats were the curious ones!

Kael moves towards the tarp covered cage.

~detect evil~ on cage and contents

As he moves closer-Hello? Is there anyone there?

Once he arrives at the cage he pulls back the tarp and looks inside to see.....


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Nice

[dice=knowplanes]1d20+6[/doce]


Kael/Idril roll 1d2, 1 you look directly into the creature's eyes, 2 you look somewhere else.

If you roll a 1, make a DC15 fortitude save.

Everyone else roll 1d4, 1 you look directly into the creature's eyes, 2-4 you look somewhere else.

If you roll a 1, make a DC15 fortitude save.

Kael does not detect evil, pulling back the tarp reveals a basilisk.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

IdrilAwesomeness: 1d2d6d6 ⇒ 2

BY THE Way who released the beast? LOOK AWAY EVERYONE.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril shows fireflaming sphere on cage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) = 14


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Im the one that said it was covered for a reason.....so i was automatically looking away because of that....
but here goes
dumb enough to look: 1d4 ⇒ 2


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

welcome to another episode of the marx bros....this weeks episode...."the mystery of the emerald spire"


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

eyes of doom: 1d4 ⇒ 4

-whew-


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4
Kael wrote:
And here I thought cats were the curious ones!

To be fair, I totally would have looked under the tarp . . . .

Looking: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Pnin says Maybe we should cover it?

and shoots at the basilisk

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril continues the flame
flamingsphere: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12


Need Kael’s rolls.

Idril has already performed her action for the round.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael continues to look away...studying the other contents of the room while the epic battle with the basilisk continues....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

1d2 ⇒ 2


Kael action?


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Well I WOULD have simply just let the tarp go back over the cage but some GENIUS decided to burn everything.....

Inheritor preserve us!

Startled by the strange beast and the sudden appearance of flames, Kael sighs inwardly and lashes out with his blade, risking the baleful gaze of the creature to try and deliver a solid blow.

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 = 17


ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
The caged creature is unable to escape the flames and gets burned.

partial cover miss on1-2: 1d5 ⇒ 5
One of Pnin’s arrows threads through the cage wire and strikes the basilisk.

Kael smashes through the wire cage wounding the now free animal.

Sanrael:
The tarp, some clothing, and other items on the ground near the cage are starting to burn, the bed and other furniture are in danger of catching fire.

Kael, Idril and Pnin. Roll 1d4, 1 you meet the basilisks gaze and need to make a DC15 Fort save. If you fail you turn to stone.

who I or K: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The basilisk bites Kael!
Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
dam: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Who is the GENIUS now? Let's smash the cage so the creature is free. It could have continued to burn.

roll to not look: 1d4 ⇒ 1

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Well Idril is STONED.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Idril Doriath wrote:

Who is the GENIUS now? Let's smash the cage so the creature is free. It could have continued to burn.

[dice=roll to not look]1d4

[dice=fort]1d20+4

Well Idril is STONED.

The dice don't lie.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-12HP

1d4 ⇒ 3

LOH: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

-2HP

Unaware of Idril's stoney fate, Kael continues to cut at the creature.

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 = 20


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Cast Heroism on Kael


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Looking?: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Pnin moves in behind the creature to flank with Kael.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (3, 2) = 15


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

without looking at the creature.....sanrael grabs a blanket, and throws it over the basilisk without meeting its gaze


Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
without looking at the creature.....sanrael grabs a blanket, and throws it over the basilisk without meeting its gaze

Roll 1d20


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

roll: 1d20 ⇒ 17

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,505 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.