Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


201 to 250 of 3,293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Maybe all of the gods hate us . . .

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

DM: I wasn't sure if they'd be flat footed since they attacked us for once. Is it because we were ready for them? Or do I always get sneak as long as I'm acting before them in the first round?

-2/9 HP


Pnin wrote:

Maybe all of the gods hate us . . .

[dice=shortbow]1d20+5

[dice=dam]1d6+1

DM: I wasn't sure if they'd be flat footed since they attacked us for once. Is it because we were ready for them? Or do I always get sneak as long as I'm acting before them in the first round?

-2/9 HP

As long as you act before the enemy in the first round of combat they will be flat footed and you can sneak attack.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael...grieviously wounded....steps out of the fight


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

dang, a miss on a 21?


Curral wrote:
dang, a miss on a 21?

Sorry, somehow I misread that. Curral wounded the third hobgoblin.


Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
Sanrael...grieviously wounded....steps out of the fight

Stay in the fight! If you hit it, you pretty much are guaranteed to kill it with the damage you do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Try a loud battle cry, I hear it really works....


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Sanrael withdraws from the dangerous hobgoblin and the rest of the party can't manage to finish off the wounded creature as it turns its attentions to Kyril.

morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

party action

*Shooting bows/crossbows into melee is -4 to hit unless you have precise shot feat. This hobgoblin is now in melee with Kyril.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin presses the attack

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Trying not to kill himself:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 142d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael throws himself back into the fight
Dropping down into a slide...he swings at both legs
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 132d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


Pnin, Kyril and Sanrael hack, slash and feather the hapless hobgoblin to death.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i suggest we retire to a safe place to heal our wounds


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

....perhaps the forest...i would be more comfortable there...than in these Foul smelling dwarven burrows....


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin inspects the bodies for anything of interest

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

I agree that a tactical retreat might make sense for now, given our lack of healing. Though we did get mobbed by skeletons in the morning . . .


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

lets take stock of our situation before rushing headlong into the next fray...that was too close for our comfort...ive only just learned to format a text!! I dont want to die so eagerly...


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-2/12HP

For such a hard hitter, you are a bit of a minger Sanrael; here.

clw w/blessing: 1d8 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (2) + 1 = 7

Curral still has his healing for the day. We should explore a little more before retiring to rest. Plus, where do you lot purpose to rest? I'd just as soon rest in a room with a secure door versus above with hordes of skeletons roaming about.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pnin finds 3 morningstars, 3 sets of leather armor, 1 masterwork dagger, 25 gold pieces.

The door that the hobgoblins came through remains open.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

my thanks to you....sanrael nods to Kiryl


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

wonder if this room is easily defended
Sanrael closes the door


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin takes the dagger and the gold.

Well, I'm fine to continue forward for a bit too. Though I'm not sure how secure we can make any of these rooms for resting.

Pnin heads through the doorway, inspecting the path forward.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Since you're up front Sanrael, let me have a crack at those wounds.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

thank you Aasimar


Pnin heads into the next room, alone and unafraid.

Pnin:
This room appears to be some sort of quarters for the hobgoblins. There is a table with chairs in the middle of the room with some unfinished meals of questionable origin. There are also a half dozen sleeping mats on the floor. There is a door on the far side of the room.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Sanrael looks about to see if theres a way to make th room more defensible should they have to retreat back here


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

If nothing becomes apparent...sanrael will movr ahead just off the the side and behind pnin


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl advances behind Pnin, happy to let the cat-man detect and discern and traps or other hazards.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Everyone that advances into the next room can see what Pnin sees in my post above.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin looks for traps in the room or on the door. He listens at the door for sounds.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19

Unless there is some sign of danger, he whispers to Kiryl:

It's safe, go get the others


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I'll move into the room.

I will also cast Message on Pnin and Sanrael, This will help me communicate with both of you quietly.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

...Aasimar?? Testing testing...


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

-are you talking to me, Kiryl is also an aasimar-


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril moves forward with the group.
-4/11 hp


The entire party is now in the barracks room.

Pnin listens at the next door and relays to the rest of the group that he can hear some strange clanking sounds, maybe something metal coming into contact with some other hard substance.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

I think we should try to lure them in and take them out quietly. Alternatively I can try to open this door quietly, but I'm a little nervous about how my last attempt at being quiet went . . . . Thoughts?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael creeps up quietly
Listens intently to the sounds
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Sanrael hears the same thing as Pnin.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Is the sound rhythmic...like a blacsmith....a miner....or random...without pattern


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril listens perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

She will walk forward. Unless this is bad.

The morning for others in hand. MorningStar is ready.


As Idril approaches the door it explodes open flying off its hinges.

Sanrael and Pnin are in the blast zone and need to make a save.
dam: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Make a DC 8 reflex save and only take 1 damage instead of 3.

Some sort of crude metal construct clanks through the door and attacks Kyril! It’s about 8’ tall and looks somewhat damaged as it’s missing a left arm.
Who K P S: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Party action


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

-3/9 HP

Pnin shoots at the monstrosity with his bow

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Just want to make sure I am right not to add sneak here, since metal dude went first in this round.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

people getting hurt no...but

Charge and swing
morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael drops down and swings at its leg greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 162d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 = 16 +9 dam for power attack


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Curral...!! Take its legs out...disable it


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Can't shoot at it's legs when your down there.

shoot an arrow at the mettalic menace

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-7/12HP

Kiryl grunts in pain as the construct mashes him his torso with a metal wallop.

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 182d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 9 = 11


Despite Idril's miss, the party is able to deliver some massive damage. The metal monstrosity remains functioning but careens about.

It tries to hit Kyril again with its one arm.
slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

party action

201 to 250 of 3,293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.