Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


451 to 500 of 3,249 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin is finished his errands around town and is eager to get back to the countryside.

Taeserle, we will make sure no harm befalls your shipment! Let's away!


The group (less Curral) piles into the wagon and sets off down the road just as it starts to sprinkle.

Perception checks please.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Hate the rain....

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Early in the day you passed by several farmsteads and saw a half dozen groups of farmers headed towards Fort Inevitable with wagons full of goods. The group also encountered three sets of mounted hell knights patrolling the road with about 2 hours or so between the encounters. The last group was about 2 hours ago, and they told you they were the farthest out from the Fort and to be wary from here on out as you were headed into lands beyond their patrols. You haven't seen anything suspicious or dangerous.

The road held up pretty good for most of the day but now the wagon wheels are sinking into the ground a bit slowing progress and with all clouds, darkness is quickly approaching. You have several more hours to reach Alejia's Crossing.

party action


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Curse this weather....

Sanreal, check the horses(?). If they still seem fresh enough we should push on. I can see fine in the dar, and I'll walk with the horses to make sure we stay on the road while you lot drive. Be good to stretch my legs anyways.

I can't imagine bandits are hoping to ambush travelers in the dark. More like they are looking for unwary camps to prey on.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Hopefully ask a nice woman.

How bad are things out there? Can you help me help you?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Perhaps we should make camp, I'm not sure bandits aren't more likely to attack a group traveling in the dark and an attack could scatter the horses. Better to hitch them up, I think. I read some maps before we left, and I think we could find a defensive position nearby.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

KnowLocal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Moving on or making camp?


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril would like to move forward since so many are evacuating.


Idril Doriath wrote:
Idril would like to move forward since so many are evacuating.

No one is evacuating. Farmers are taking their goods to town in the normal course of business to sell at market. Hell Knights are conducting routine patrols.


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril gives pieces of rations to those who need.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

I agree with Pnin...let is find a place to make Camp nearby


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl furrows his brow in frustration. I'll take last watch then.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

First watch perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael glances about...in the distance....are we being watched...
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21]


??: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Pnin finds a likely place to set up camp hidden among some trees and out of the weather. During the final watch of the night the rain stops, though the next morning continues to be cloudy. Nothing bothers the group during the night but Sanrael did hear wolves howling a long distance away.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

whats this Kiryl! No coffee or smoked bacon to greet us?? What did you do on your watch??? Sanrael grins...


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael inspects the landscape from his vantage point in the trees...looking for danger before they set out...
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


The party heads out onto the road again after Sanrael gives the all clear. The road is a bit muddy and slow going but the wagon continues to progress down the road.

After about an hour on the road the party encounters another area where the road travels through some forest for a few hundred yards. The party rounds a turn, and about 90' ahead, the group spots two wagons across the road completely blocking progress. Three armed men are visible (long swords, short bows, scale mail), others could easily be hidden behind the wagons or in the woods.

One of the men yells to the group:

"Greetings travelers!"


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael grins and looks at the group...anyone know how much a wagon sells for?? Or how we can get those to a market??


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Earlier-Maybe next time I'll have a nice cock sandwich ready for you Sanrael. I hear you have a taste for the hardtack. In the meantime, have some travel rations and get ready to travel.

Now-Kiryl mutters to the group, I'll handle this; it looks to call for my kind of diplomacy. and disembarks from the wagon heading towards the three armed men.

Smiling broadly with his hands free, Ho neighbors! You appear to be having some problems with your wagons, judging by them blocking the roads. I have a strong back and am more than willing to help you move them. If I've not the strength, I'm sure my friends would be able to lend their aid. Hells, we can probably just hook our team up to your wagons and give them a good hauling. What say you?

Kiryl tries to discern anyone else besides the three lying in wait perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Kiryl:
Kiryl notes 2 platforms in the trees, one on each side of the road about 25’ up. They would be great places for bowmen, but you can’t be certain if they are occupied or not.

“Ha! No problem here, we can move our own damn wagons provided you pay the toll. One gold per person and ten for the wagon. Otherwise you can just turn round and head back to Hell Town.”


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael scans the trees for ambush
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl uses fervor to cast shield of faith (+2 AC) as a swift action (no free hand or casting movements required) as he continues to move closer to the speaker. Of course neighbor. I am a follower of Falayna and her adherents are well known adherents to the law, even if it means paying a pernicious tax, and I HATE paying taxes. Before I or my fellows pay the toll, however, I will of course need to see your writ allowing you to collect said toll. Can't just be handing out money to those that aren't official. Wouldn't be proper, not proper at all.


Sanrael notices nothing of interest in the trees.

Kiryl mutters his spell and a shimmering magical field now surrounds him.

Three bows with arrows drawn now point at Kiryl from behind the wagons, now 30’ from him and still 90’ from the rest of his group.

“Stop now or we’ll put some poison arrows in you no matter how many pretty words spill from your ugly mouth.”


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin dismounts from the wagon

Friends, friends, we are on official business from the Paralictor of Fort Inevitable and needn't pay your toll.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Pnin scans the woods and men too . . .

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael hangs back
Still scanning the trees
three men alone didnt move those wagons
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael stands on top of the wagon....as if gazing into the distance....opposite the “toll collectors” and calls out to Kiryl... My lord...i believe tmy keen elven sight spies that Hell Knight patrol coming this way...still a ways off...but soon upon us


Kiryl’s move.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

How is it Kiryl's move when Idril hasn't made a single post yet?
Are these fools behind the wagons? How tough would it be for Kiryl to get to them if they are?

Kiryl considers the odds and waits a moment (one round) to see if the toll collectors respond to Pnin or Sanrael's bluffs.


“The Paralictor can lick my balls and pay the toll too! Those pussy Knights are too frightened to venture this far from Hell Town. Now drop 14 gold pieces on the ground and back the f#*& off and we will move the wagons and let you pass.”

Three more men move out from the forest to join the three behind the wagons.

Kiryl would have to make a climb or acrobatics check to make a melee attack or move around the wagons through the forest.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

As you say.-Kiryl drops 14 gold crowns onto the dirt road and carefully backs away to the rest of the party and their wagon.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

No one talks to us that way now! Oh hell no!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael watches Kiryl back up and quietly says smart move Kiryl...we will recover that money and more...easier to move on....double back and take them unawares...divided...and perhaps occupied waylaying another unfortunate party...


One of the men climbs over the wagon and collects the gold and then back over the wagon. A couple of the men then move one wagon out of the way.

The man who has done the talking then waves you through, “Pleasure doin’ business with you.”


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Thought we were hating for the Hell Knights.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

In a harsh whisper as he turns his back to the toll collectors and heads towards the wagon-I hate being a slave. I have no specific bone to pick with the Hell Knights besides their support of a corrupt and evil system of governance. I do, however, hate paying unauthorized tolls. When we get through the barricade Idril-you burning hands the larger of the two groups; if the same size take the right. Sanrael you back her up. Pnin, you are with me on the other side. Stay behind me and flank.

Kiryl mounts the wagon and taking the reigns of the wagon horses says in a regular voice-Let's go horses; giddyup! Got a delivery to make.

Guides the team through the opening and attack as described unless events dictate otherwise.


As you get even with the first wagon you can now see the platforms in the trees to either side of the road, each contains 2 archers with longbows, so there are at least 10 men.

Idril would be able to get 3 with burning/icy hands.

Attack or not?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael gestures with his head towards the archers kiryl....we would be best served to show patience....double back and wait...lets us get ahead a ways...revenge is a dish best served cold


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl grits his teeth in fury, cords in his neck and arms straining as he clenches and unclenches his fists.

GHAAAAAA!

.....he drives the wagon through the opening and past, giving no sign of the violent thoughts swirling round his head.....


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i understand your frustration...but we would have quickly found ourselves in a precarious position if one of us had fallen...let us pick this lot of in pieces...we can travel ahead...deliver our consignment...and come back and clean up this lot...or hide the wagon..double back...scout the area..if they acost other travelers...tale out the platform archers...then the group at the wagons...if not...we follow until the opportunity presents itself...


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin wonders how close we are to the inn. And what race the wagon people were.

I am not sure how likely we are to disable those platform archers without alerting the others. It might be best to use our senses to our advantage and strike at night. I will not be made a slave of two masters!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perhaps if we bide our time Pnin...we can follow them...and wait for an advantageous time to strike...humans dont like to sleep in trees at night like kittens Pnin


The group arrives at the Inn at the Crossing just before mid day. The inn looks pretty old and a bit run down. It has two entrances, one at the front and another to the side. About 20' from the inn is a smaller building that is obviously a stable. There are 4 horses in the stable and a boy of about 10-12 glances over at you as he throws some hay down from the stable's loft and points to the side entrance.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Idril, perhaps ya can let then know weve arrived and we can help Unload...
Kiryl...Pnin...what are your thoughts on recovering our coin? And perhaps more...


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

To Sanrael-Let's see what news and complete our delivery before we start making plans.

You there, boy, where do we make deliveries to? The sooner we can unload this wine the better.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael approaches the boy we would welcome the help of a strong warrior such as yourself.... if the boy helps...question him regarding activities and people who might frequebt Inn such as bandits etc...


In response to Kiryl’s question the boy points at the side door again, “Deliveries to that door ser.”

In response to Sanrael, “Do your own work ser, I’ve enough of my own.” He returns to feeding the horses.

451 to 500 of 3,249 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.